Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Fates Averted - FIN
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 60 61
@nekonikki
Yeah there's no mentor for moon...
Perhaps there just wasn't an extra mentor to spare?
Idk.

I just wanna wait till Stan gets here
@nekonikki
Yeah there's no mentor for moon...
Perhaps there just wasn't an extra mentor to spare?
Idk.

I just wanna wait till Stan gets here
Emi | She/Her | PST (FR+0)
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o4_75sq.giftumblr_oswfbivfek1v8lm95o2_75sq.pngtPvBjsT.gifplague_demibling_by_cicide76536-dciw22w.gifvWQ6hU2.giftumblr_oswfbivfek1v8lm95o1_75sq.pngimage.gif
[quote name="Bequerel" date=2017-08-24 16:03:46] /massive shrug/ Tbh I wouldn't say I agree or disagree with the way votes have been made/placement of votes. Random lynches almost never help town, however lynching this early will always help town However I still wouldn't recommend a literal shot in the dark. I've played one too many games where we lynched a doctor or jailer D1 and that's a nightmare let me tell y'all. Re: Jester It's an easy, dynamic role to throw into a game with this. If it so happened to land on a player with a veteran mentor, there can be an very interesting turn of events when used properly. A quick TLDR; I played a jester once in the Suburban mafia run by LordAlois, fakeclaimed a huge role that would out other roles. Won game. Jesters are a unique and refreshing take for games... Knowing stanari and how she likes to balance/role games, I'd be pressed to believe there is either a neg utility town or a jester. Either a bold move by a rookie or a jester trying very hard early game to get lynched. /end massive shrug/ [/quote] It's a upick. I will heavily doubt that a jester is in play. IMO, it's a cop out for rolebuilding. I'd expect a miller before I'd place money on a jester.
Bequerel wrote on 2017-08-24:
/massive shrug/

Tbh I wouldn't say I agree or disagree with the way votes have been made/placement of votes. Random lynches almost never help town, however lynching this early will always help town
However I still wouldn't recommend a literal shot in the dark.
I've played one too many games where we lynched a doctor or jailer D1 and that's a nightmare let me tell y'all.

Re: Jester
It's an easy, dynamic role to throw into a game with this. If it so happened to land on a player with a veteran mentor, there can be an very interesting turn of events when used properly.
A quick TLDR; I played a jester once in the Suburban mafia run by LordAlois, fakeclaimed a huge role that would out other roles. Won game.
Jesters are a unique and refreshing take for games...
Knowing stanari and how she likes to balance/role games, I'd be pressed to believe there is either a neg utility town or a jester.

Either a bold move by a rookie or a jester trying very hard early game to get lynched.

/end massive shrug/
It's a upick. I will heavily doubt that a jester is in play. IMO, it's a cop out for rolebuilding. I'd expect a miller before I'd place money on a jester.
lqVg4eo.gif
I have nearly fifty games of offsite mafia experience :)
I have nearly fifty games of offsite mafia experience :)
lqVg4eo.gif
[quote name="Bequerel" date=2017-08-23 21:19:01] AYE! I'm Bequerel, call me Beq, Pup, Puma or literally anything. Cap'n is acceptable (I still haven't gotten over MMM last year LMAO) I've played mafia for nearly my whole time on FR...up till probably six months ago when I took an unnanounced hiatus. All is well now. [b]I'm p avidly against questionnaires and all that...vague questioning on your role/playstyle and scumhunt techniques. Doesn't do any good nor does it really do harm. However I have seen it do more harm than good so...anyways I'm rambling.[/b] I work full time, and speaking of that I have a 8:00-16:00 FRT shift just about. Give or take. I'll be able to read and respond on my break! I figured I'd post now to say hello and all that~ Nevertheless, let us mourn the loss of sta ark by slaughtering someone else. Jk. But no seriously. I'm avid on D1 lynches. prepares for all the debating But for now I must retire. I gotta be up way earlier than usual for me, and I legit stayed up this late to be the first to post here SO. Nighty. [/quote] This entire post felt disjointed to me; didn't rub right. Didn't like the apologetic tone near the middle combined with the ellipses and lack of focus, especially considering that Beq presents themselves as a more experienced player early on in the post.
Bequerel wrote on 2017-08-23:
AYE!

I'm Bequerel, call me Beq, Pup, Puma or literally anything.
Cap'n is acceptable (I still haven't gotten over MMM last year LMAO)
I've played mafia for nearly my whole time on FR...up till probably six months ago when I took an unnanounced hiatus. All is well now.
I'm p avidly against questionnaires and all that...vague questioning on your role/playstyle and scumhunt techniques. Doesn't do any good nor does it really do harm. However I have seen it do more harm than good so...anyways I'm rambling.

I work full time, and speaking of that I have a 8:00-16:00 FRT shift just about. Give or take. I'll be able to read and respond on my break!
I figured I'd post now to say hello and all that~

Nevertheless, let us mourn the loss of sta ark by slaughtering someone else.
Jk.
But no seriously. I'm avid on D1 lynches. prepares for all the debating

But for now I must retire. I gotta be up way earlier than usual for me, and I legit stayed up this late to be the first to post here SO.

Nighty.
This entire post felt disjointed to me; didn't rub right. Didn't like the apologetic tone near the middle combined with the ellipses and lack of focus, especially considering that Beq presents themselves as a more experienced player early on in the post.
lqVg4eo.gif
@m00nbird

Please do not edit posts.
@m00nbird

3bMwIy2.png
Kirk, FR +2
Who are you even calling a rookie? Be specific plz
Who are you even calling a rookie? Be specific plz
[quote name="m00nbird" date=2017-08-24 16:57:02] [quote name="Bequerel" date=2017-08-23 21:19:01] AYE! I'm Bequerel, call me Beq, Pup, Puma or literally anything. Cap'n is acceptable (I still haven't gotten over MMM last year LMAO) I've played mafia for nearly my whole time on FR...up till probably six months ago when I took an unnanounced hiatus. All is well now. [b]I'm p avidly against questionnaires and all that...vague questioning on your role/playstyle and scumhunt techniques. Doesn't do any good nor does it really do harm. However I have seen it do more harm than good so...anyways I'm rambling.[/b] I work full time, and speaking of that I have a 8:00-16:00 FRT shift just about. Give or take. I'll be able to read and respond on my break! I figured I'd post now to say hello and all that~ Nevertheless, let us mourn the loss of sta ark by slaughtering someone else. Jk. But no seriously. I'm avid on D1 lynches. prepares for all the debating But for now I must retire. I gotta be up way earlier than usual for me, and I legit stayed up this late to be the first to post here SO. Nighty. [/quote] This entire post felt disjointed to me; didn't rub right. Didn't like the apologetic tone near the middle combined with the ellipses and lack of focus, especially considering that Beq presents themselves as a more experienced player early on in the post. [/quote] Agreed. My initial gut thought was to vote Beq, but alas, I had to prove my nickname dominance
m00nbird wrote on 2017-08-24:
AYE!

I've played mafia for nearly my whole time on FR...up till probably six months ago when I took an unnanounced hiatus. All is well now.
I'm p avidly against questionnaires and all that...vague questioning on your role/playstyle and scumhunt techniques. Doesn't do any good nor does it really do harm. However I have seen it do more harm than good so...anyways I'm rambling.

I work full time, and speaking of that I have a 8:00-16:00 FRT shift just about. Give or take. I'll be able to read and respond on my break!

Jk.

But for now I must retire. I gotta be up way earlier than usual for me, and I legit stayed up this late to be the first to post here SO.

Nighty.
This entire post felt disjointed to me; didn't rub right. Didn't like the apologetic tone near the middle combined with the ellipses and lack of focus, especially considering that Beq presents themselves as a more experienced player early on in the post.

Agreed. My initial gut thought was to vote Beq, but alas, I had to prove my nickname dominance
[quote name="m00nbird" date=2017-08-24 16:57:02] [quote name="Bequerel" date=2017-08-23 21:19:01] AYE! I'm Bequerel, call me Beq, Pup, Puma or literally anything. Cap'n is acceptable (I still haven't gotten over MMM last year LMAO) I've played mafia for nearly my whole time on FR...up till probably six months ago when I took an unnanounced hiatus. All is well now. [b]I'm p avidly against questionnaires and all that...vague questioning on your role/playstyle and scumhunt techniques. Doesn't do any good nor does it really do harm. However I have seen it do more harm than good so...anyways I'm rambling.[/b] I work full time, and speaking of that I have a 8:00-16:00 FRT shift just about. Give or take. I'll be able to read and respond on my break! I figured I'd post now to say hello and all that~ Nevertheless, let us mourn the loss of sta ark by slaughtering someone else. Jk. But no seriously. I'm avid on D1 lynches. prepares for all the debating But for now I must retire. I gotta be up way earlier than usual for me, and I legit stayed up this late to be the first to post here SO. Nighty. [/quote] This entire post felt disjointed to me; didn't rub right. Didn't like the apologetic tone near the middle combined with the ellipses and lack of focus, especially considering that Beq presents themselves as a more experienced player early on in the post. [/quote] Agreed. My initial gut thought was to vote Beq, but alas, I had to prove my nickname dominance
m00nbird wrote on 2017-08-24:
AYE!

Jk.

Nighty.

Agreed. My initial gut thought was to vote Beq, but alas, I had to prove my nickname dominance
[quote name="kirkfan2255" date=2017-08-24 17:04:37] @m00nbird Please do not edit posts. [/quote] it was an emote edit; sorrry will not do :)
kirkfan2255 wrote on 2017-08-24:
@m00nbird

it was an emote edit; sorrry

will not do :)
lqVg4eo.gif
@m00nbird
I was actually referring towards your role type as jester.
However offsite experience can't necessarily guarantee skill level because the meta on FR is either non-existent or ever-changing. It's one of those that you get used to the people who play often and how their metas evolve depending on their role. /shrug/

I use ellipses to connect two errant thoughts, instead of a semicolon, so it's not necessarily apologetic?

Could you please point out where you see me being apologetic in my post? I'm genuinely curious what you see ;;; (as well as lack of focus??) I don't believe we've played a game before, so idk where you'd be basing these hypothesises off of because you don't know my meta, and I don't know yours either.

Also, I am probably a pretty experienced player. P much since I registered a year and some change ago, I've been in anywhere from 3-5+ games a month at a time. Honestly I'd never be able to keep track of them all (jeez I probably should, it'd be interesting. *places sticky note* )
@m00nbird
I was actually referring towards your role type as jester.
However offsite experience can't necessarily guarantee skill level because the meta on FR is either non-existent or ever-changing. It's one of those that you get used to the people who play often and how their metas evolve depending on their role. /shrug/

I use ellipses to connect two errant thoughts, instead of a semicolon, so it's not necessarily apologetic?

Could you please point out where you see me being apologetic in my post? I'm genuinely curious what you see ;;; (as well as lack of focus??) I don't believe we've played a game before, so idk where you'd be basing these hypothesises off of because you don't know my meta, and I don't know yours either.

Also, I am probably a pretty experienced player. P much since I registered a year and some change ago, I've been in anywhere from 3-5+ games a month at a time. Honestly I'd never be able to keep track of them all (jeez I probably should, it'd be interesting. *places sticky note* )
Emi | She/Her | PST (FR+0)
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o4_75sq.giftumblr_oswfbivfek1v8lm95o2_75sq.pngtPvBjsT.gifplague_demibling_by_cicide76536-dciw22w.gifvWQ6hU2.giftumblr_oswfbivfek1v8lm95o1_75sq.pngimage.gif
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 60 61