Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Event of Exploration: S2 [Finale]
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18 19
@eifie @spectraldragon @elistanel @tyta @kirkeyressa @antivehicular @solemnsongbird @tsaiah @luxlight @drav @ophician @stanari @empyreal @azure @dragonpuff @moonwater @polygone @ninjacatblue @Kalideoscope @mirrorface @ambrose @maddiebird @firo @varikset @darksilverhawk @thisoneisblue @AureaImperatrix @mithent @limelight

Event 5 is up!
The Markery is open!
Behave OuO
@eifie @spectraldragon @elistanel @tyta @kirkeyressa @antivehicular @solemnsongbird @tsaiah @luxlight @drav @ophician @stanari @empyreal @azure @dragonpuff @moonwater @polygone @ninjacatblue @Kalideoscope @mirrorface @ambrose @maddiebird @firo @varikset @darksilverhawk @thisoneisblue @AureaImperatrix @mithent @limelight

Event 5 is up!
The Markery is open!
Behave OuO
vnfnSuk.gif
@Xairathan ((If I'm not allowed to do this as a story let me know and I'll think up something else.)) “A story?” The first thing that came to mind was Jari's adventures as part of the Second Crew. Drav had studied those to prepare for her trip, but everyone here might already know most of that. What should she talk about? Clan gossip? Clan secrets? Clan battle plans? Oh! “I. Um. This is a... legend, yes, legend! Told by clans in the Starfall Isles. It's about the origin of the Cry Mages, powerful Arcane dragons infused with the latent magic of the Crystalspine Reaches. Different clans have different versions of the tale. This one is mine. "Different clans tell different stories?" A citizen asks, "what's the difference?" "I don't know what version you heard, so you'll have to listen and find out." Drav clears her throat, testing a few syllables with different voices. A guardian. Pearlcatcher. Fae? "Just trying to find a storytelling voice. Hang on." She begins once she is satisfied with her choice. Zapshadow. The Clan libriarian and Lorekeeper. This will do. [quote] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/17931/1793021p.png[/img]There was a Guardian, and their Charge. Both have been sent to serve the Arcanist before they received names. They were both defending the Isles from invading forces, when the Charge was struck down in battle. The Guardian ripped through the enemy forces. But it was too late. When the Guardian struck down the last threat, the Charge lay limp, motionless. The Guardian scooped up the Charge, and headed to the Crystalspine Reaches. Maybe all was not lost. Maybe the Charge can still be saved. This has to be why the Arcanist taught them this reanimation ritual. The Guardian scratched the runes into the ground, and said the incantation. Before the Guardian was done. a surge of Arcane energy destroyed a nearby spire. The Guardian, worried that there was a mistake, rushed to check the Charge. The Guardian dug through the crystal, but could not find the Charge's body. At least the Arcanist's mission is complete, the Guardian thought, hoping to find some comfort over the loss of the Charge. The Guardian stood, silent. Then turned toward the Observatory. There was a rumble. A pile of crystal stood up. The Arcanist's ritual had worked after all.[/quote] “I think I've heard a similar story before," one citizen grumbles, "thought you would tell us something new." Drav switches back to her own voice. (Is that really her own voice, or someone else's? Nocturnes are weird.) "I-I can go now, right?"
@Xairathan ((If I'm not allowed to do this as a story let me know and I'll think up something else.))

“A story?”

The first thing that came to mind was Jari's adventures as part of the Second Crew. Drav had studied those to prepare for her trip, but everyone here might already know most of that.

What should she talk about? Clan gossip? Clan secrets? Clan battle plans? Oh!

“I. Um. This is a... legend, yes, legend! Told by clans in the Starfall Isles. It's about the origin of the Cry Mages, powerful Arcane dragons infused with the latent magic of the Crystalspine Reaches. Different clans have different versions of the tale. This one is mine.

"Different clans tell different stories?" A citizen asks, "what's the difference?"

"I don't know what version you heard, so you'll have to listen and find out." Drav clears her throat, testing a few syllables with different voices. A guardian. Pearlcatcher. Fae?

"Just trying to find a storytelling voice. Hang on."

She begins once she is satisfied with her choice. Zapshadow. The Clan libriarian and Lorekeeper. This will do.

Quote:
1793021p.pngThere was a Guardian, and their Charge. Both have been sent to serve the Arcanist before they received names.

They were both defending the Isles from invading forces, when the Charge was struck down in battle. The Guardian ripped through the enemy forces. But it was too late. When the Guardian struck down the last threat, the Charge lay limp, motionless.

The Guardian scooped up the Charge, and headed to the Crystalspine Reaches. Maybe all was not lost. Maybe the Charge can still be saved. This has to be why the Arcanist taught them this reanimation ritual.

The Guardian scratched the runes into the ground, and said the incantation. Before the Guardian was done. a surge of Arcane energy destroyed a nearby spire. The Guardian, worried that there was a mistake, rushed to check the Charge. The Guardian dug through the crystal, but could not find the Charge's body.

At least the Arcanist's mission is complete, the Guardian thought, hoping to find some comfort over the loss of the Charge. The Guardian stood, silent. Then turned toward the Observatory.

There was a rumble. A pile of crystal stood up. The Arcanist's ritual had worked after all.

“I think I've heard a similar story before," one citizen grumbles, "thought you would tell us something new."

Drav switches back to her own voice. (Is that really her own voice, or someone else's? Nocturnes are weird.)

"I-I can go now, right?"
6pUNHAC.gif
@Ambrose hey yeah that'd be nice, thank you ^^
@Ambrose hey yeah that'd be nice, thank you ^^

QVkHS1O.png
@Xairathan [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3779820] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/37799/3779820_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Travels?" She echoes, blinking behind her glasses as she looks at the townspeople. They seem to be in the same boat -- pun unintended -- as the crew, if not worse. Revati wonders how much they've seen, and how much they've lost. "It helps to tell stories," a coatl says with a lilting accent, tilting his head at the visitor. "Even if it is scary... it is easy to handle with more people." Yes. That's true. She settles more easily after, leaning her head against her paw as she thinks about stories she could tell. Maybe about the cruise ship, where she made her residence before she had departed for the Sunless Sea. "Then forgive me if I cannot bring myself to talk about the Zee," she says, with a hasty "yet" added to the end after a guardian hatchling opens its maw to whine its complaint. "[i]Back in Sornieth, on the Known Ocean, there existed a boat. This boat had dedicated itself to ferrying visitors back and forth the continent; as such, there was a host of many different dragons, each with their own different quirks and personalities. I had just returned from the Fishspine Reef on a search for The Spiral Keep and its prophecies. The library had stood unattended for months, for I was its sole keeper. Delphi, my familiar had kept an eye on whoever had passed through... but something must've spooked him, because he had immediately scurried out of the room when he saw I had returned.[/i]" Revati struggles to keep a straight face as a wildclaw muffles her small scream, eyes wide. She holds out her paws, conjuring a silhouette of a small imperial in a large room of books using light and shadow. "[i]When I had stepped foot into the library, it was deathly silent. There were cobwebs strewn everywhere. No one had seemed to have come to visit when I was gone... except for a book that was waylaid, perhaps, by a reader. I had gone to pick it up, before I saw movement in the corner of my eye -- but that wasn't possible. I locked the doors to keep everyone out while I cleaned the library. I brushed the feeling off and turned back to my task, but there it was again -- a shadow, indistinct, advancing towards me on my left. I heard an eerie crunching noise, before I realized it was the sound of bones breaking. An animated skeleton, I surmised. I kept one in the case in the center of the library, but it was of a shattered serpent. This one was... much, much bigger. Almost as if it was a dragon's spirit come to life. I had turned to confront it, before -- ![/i]" Without warning, she brings both her claws together, dislodging all the dust that the spot of the road had gathered and sending a wave of light around them. One or two of the citizens yell, and several jump. " [i]--- before it looked me right in the eye and mumbled something. Even though I couldn't hear it, the knowledge was right there, in my mind. A prophecy... that I cannot reveal, lest on the pain of death.[/i]" She leans back, satisfied. "That is the end of my story. Perhaps I will tell some of you, once I feel I am ready to pass... however, I'd like a story in return. Do you have anything you can tell me?"
@Xairathan

"Travels?" She echoes, blinking behind her glasses as she looks at the townspeople. They seem to be in the same boat -- pun unintended -- as the crew, if not worse. Revati wonders how much they've seen, and how much they've lost. "It helps to tell stories," a coatl says with a lilting accent, tilting his head at the visitor. "Even if it is scary... it is easy to handle with more people."

Yes. That's true.

She settles more easily after, leaning her head against her paw as she thinks about stories she could tell. Maybe about the cruise ship, where she made her residence before she had departed for the Sunless Sea.

"Then forgive me if I cannot bring myself to talk about the Zee," she says, with a hasty "yet" added to the end after a guardian hatchling opens its maw to whine its complaint. "Back in Sornieth, on the Known Ocean, there existed a boat. This boat had dedicated itself to ferrying visitors back and forth the continent; as such, there was a host of many different dragons, each with their own different quirks and personalities.

I had just returned from the Fishspine Reef on a search for The Spiral Keep and its prophecies. The library had stood unattended for months, for I was its sole keeper. Delphi, my familiar had kept an eye on whoever had passed through... but something must've spooked him, because he had immediately scurried out of the room when he saw I had returned.
"

Revati struggles to keep a straight face as a wildclaw muffles her small scream, eyes wide. She holds out her paws, conjuring a silhouette of a small imperial in a large room of books using light and shadow.

"When I had stepped foot into the library, it was deathly silent. There were cobwebs strewn everywhere. No one had seemed to have come to visit when I was gone... except for a book that was waylaid, perhaps, by a reader. I had gone to pick it up, before I saw movement in the corner of my eye -- but that wasn't possible. I locked the doors to keep everyone out while I cleaned the library.

I brushed the feeling off and turned back to my task, but there it was again -- a shadow, indistinct, advancing towards me on my left. I heard an eerie crunching noise, before I realized it was the sound of bones breaking.

An animated skeleton, I surmised. I kept one in the case in the center of the library, but it was of a shattered serpent. This one was... much, much bigger. Almost as if it was a dragon's spirit come to life. I had turned to confront it, before -- !
"

Without warning, she brings both her claws together, dislodging all the dust that the spot of the road had gathered and sending a wave of light around them. One or two of the citizens yell, and several jump.

" --- before it looked me right in the eye and mumbled something. Even though I couldn't hear it, the knowledge was right there, in my mind. A prophecy... that I cannot reveal, lest on the pain of death." She leans back, satisfied. "That is the end of my story. Perhaps I will tell some of you, once I feel I am ready to pass... however, I'd like a story in return. Do you have anything you can tell me?"
DYc14Nm.png ....
STARPHASE
fr+03 - crow - she/he/they

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
... you're one scary guy.
so this is your true nature.
@Xairathan [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1342979] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/13430/1342979_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] He'd just been minding his own business, really, wandering the streets of Deadman's like a tourist. No harm, no foul, might find something interesting, he had to show his previous cargo a good time after all! Babies should be allowed to see wondrous sights and have all sorts of amazing experiences before reality starts to drag them down!... They can totally absorb neat things through the shell, right? Get 'em started early, and all that! That's [b]totally[/b] how it works. So yeah, just wandering, chatting happily to the Comet that whirled about his head, the cat that paced up and down his spine, and the precious little egg tucked safely against his chest, hidden instead the flaps of his coat. It seemed like a good outing, a good day in general. But as soon as he stepped into the Town Center, his outlandish look gave him away immediately, and the crowd surged forwards, grabbing at him! He sqwarked, panicking for a moment, mind focusing on protecting his chest (protect the Grue!), thinking he was suddenly in a fight for his life!... But then, he was just as quickly safely deposited on a podium in the middle of the square, none the worse for wear, with a sea of hopeful faces surrounding him, calling out for stories. Oh. Well then. He haz storiez. Puffing himself up mightily, Cia opened his mouth to launch wholeheartedly into a tale, but then ground to a sudden halt. Which story to tell though? He has so many... However to choose? There was Pudding Day, and OH-the time that Aremis tripped into the Cluster Twine! Or maybe a new Zee tale to wet some whistles? He's got lots of those stories now too... As he was pondering, Bit the Companion Comet whirled around again, and bumped into his shoulder, making him side-step in order to keep his balance. "Hey! Bit, watch where you're going!..." And looking, actually [i]looking[/i] at his wobbly little friend again, made him think of the time when he met him. The [b]whole[/b] time. When he was still stuck in the Starfall Isles, trying to do his job, but things got so [i]messed up[/i] and he nearly died and [i][b]did[/b][/i] lose his mind and discovered something [b]very bad[/b] and no one really [i]believed[/i] him! Told him he wasn't right in the head (it wasn't his fault), that it was all the equivalent of a bad dream, magic and isolation induced hallucinations... Sometimes he didn't even trust his own memory of it, even now. He knows there is truth in it, something did happen there and then, he [i]knows[/i] it, but he was never really sure if it was was "true" enough to be counted as a secret to be kept. And these people here, it wasn't like any of them were going to go on to Sornieth to repeat anything that he might say... And they wanted, no, [b]needed[/b] a distraction, he could see it in their fevered gaze, feel it in the weight of their eyes upon him. And, if nothing else, real or dream or false, it [i]did[/i] make one HELL of a story. Giving himself a shake, letting the idea of sharing [b]his[/b] story take hold, Ciaram took a deep steadying breath before he started. "It is tales that you want, hmm? Stories of travels? Do you [i]truly[/i] wish to know where these claws have tapped, where these wings have flown?" He pauses, for dramatic effect, watching as attention rivets on him and he feels a sense of peace settle in his soul. Maybe this could be... Therapeutic. FUN, even. Why not give it the full go? "If truly you think that your heart and mind are ready for such, then who am I to disappoint you? Ciaram BlackClaw, of the Haven Cluster, the Stepper of shadows, the see'r of secrets, shall share with you a tale of such mystery and intrigue that even now, none on Sornieth can truly understand it. It curls like a wisp, unknowable, fleeting as smoke, but as the one, the ONLY one, who was there, to witness it in it's entirety, I will share it with you. Maybe it is you, the People of the Oulier Sea, who will truly be able to comprehend it in all it's ways. Because for us, for [b]me[/b], it all began, and ended, with but a quiet whisper on an unfortunate wind..." ----- It was a while, a [i]long[/i] while, before Ciaram was finally able to wind down his tale. He covered it all; from where he began, stranded in the Isles trying to perform his duty as an Airstep Ninja (though he carefully left out mentions of the name and overall organization, because that was [i][b]definitely[/b][/i] a need-to-keep level secret), to when he first started hearing the voices; when he met Bit, and learned he tasted like Aether Cherries; his endeavors in item stacking that once created a fully functioning Laser Crab; and when, when all was said and done, how a small, sparkling chunk of rock slowly evolved over the course of his ill-fated adventure from trying to kill him via choking, into a mouse-corpse wielding, [b]demonic monstrosity[/b] that, in his honest opinion, had threatened the destruction of not only Sornieth, but the [b]WHOLE WORLD[/b], including in that the Outlier Sea! So, it was a very good thing that he managed to put a stop to it in the end, though it had almost cost him [i]life[/i] (again), and that of Bit as well. As he spoke his last flourish, ending the story as it's humble narrator, he swept a quick bow as he jumped down from the podium. The chattering of the people around him, some wanting to know other details and others telling him things that maybe his story reminded them of, Ciaram felt... Content. Really and truly content. It felt nice, to talk about what happened to him in a context where he wouldn't be sharply questioned about it, poking with sticks to weed to truths from the 'lies' (they never called him a liar, but he knew they still thought it was untrue). Today turned out to be a pretty decent day after all. And as he talked and chatted back with the townsfolk, he felt a little wiggle coming from the safe bundle in his coat. Putting a claw up to it discreetly, he felt it subside after a couple more wiggles. He would have to check it back on the relative safety of the ship... [size=2]((If you wish to know more about Ciaram's story, of which all of the above shenanigans really and truly happened, you can find the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1626647/1]archive of it right here[/url]! It was a forum game I ran a while ago, so it's a bit long, but it was loads of fun! Enjoy!))[/size]
@Xairathan

He'd just been minding his own business, really, wandering the streets of Deadman's like a tourist. No harm, no foul, might find something interesting, he had to show his previous cargo a good time after all! Babies should be allowed to see wondrous sights and have all sorts of amazing experiences before reality starts to drag them down!... They can totally absorb neat things through the shell, right? Get 'em started early, and all that! That's totally how it works.

So yeah, just wandering, chatting happily to the Comet that whirled about his head, the cat that paced up and down his spine, and the precious little egg tucked safely against his chest, hidden instead the flaps of his coat. It seemed like a good outing, a good day in general. But as soon as he stepped into the Town Center, his outlandish look gave him away immediately, and the crowd surged forwards, grabbing at him! He sqwarked, panicking for a moment, mind focusing on protecting his chest (protect the Grue!), thinking he was suddenly in a fight for his life!... But then, he was just as quickly safely deposited on a podium in the middle of the square, none the worse for wear, with a sea of hopeful faces surrounding him, calling out for stories.

Oh.
Well then.
He haz storiez.

Puffing himself up mightily, Cia opened his mouth to launch wholeheartedly into a tale, but then ground to a sudden halt. Which story to tell though? He has so many... However to choose? There was Pudding Day, and OH-the time that Aremis tripped into the Cluster Twine! Or maybe a new Zee tale to wet some whistles? He's got lots of those stories now too...

As he was pondering, Bit the Companion Comet whirled around again, and bumped into his shoulder, making him side-step in order to keep his balance. "Hey! Bit, watch where you're going!..." And looking, actually looking at his wobbly little friend again, made him think of the time when he met him. The whole time. When he was still stuck in the Starfall Isles, trying to do his job, but things got so messed up and he nearly died and did lose his mind and discovered something very bad and no one really believed him! Told him he wasn't right in the head (it wasn't his fault), that it was all the equivalent of a bad dream, magic and isolation induced hallucinations...

Sometimes he didn't even trust his own memory of it, even now. He knows there is truth in it, something did happen there and then, he knows it, but he was never really sure if it was was "true" enough to be counted as a secret to be kept. And these people here, it wasn't like any of them were going to go on to Sornieth to repeat anything that he might say... And they wanted, no, needed a distraction, he could see it in their fevered gaze, feel it in the weight of their eyes upon him.

And, if nothing else, real or dream or false, it did make one HELL of a story.

Giving himself a shake, letting the idea of sharing his story take hold, Ciaram took a deep steadying breath before he started. "It is tales that you want, hmm? Stories of travels? Do you truly wish to know where these claws have tapped, where these wings have flown?" He pauses, for dramatic effect, watching as attention rivets on him and he feels a sense of peace settle in his soul. Maybe this could be... Therapeutic. FUN, even. Why not give it the full go?

"If truly you think that your heart and mind are ready for such, then who am I to disappoint you? Ciaram BlackClaw, of the Haven Cluster, the Stepper of shadows, the see'r of secrets, shall share with you a tale of such mystery and intrigue that even now, none on Sornieth can truly understand it. It curls like a wisp, unknowable, fleeting as smoke, but as the one, the ONLY one, who was there, to witness it in it's entirety, I will share it with you. Maybe it is you, the People of the Oulier Sea, who will truly be able to comprehend it in all it's ways. Because for us, for me, it all began, and ended, with but a quiet whisper on an unfortunate wind..."

It was a while, a long while, before Ciaram was finally able to wind down his tale. He covered it all; from where he began, stranded in the Isles trying to perform his duty as an Airstep Ninja (though he carefully left out mentions of the name and overall organization, because that was definitely a need-to-keep level secret), to when he first started hearing the voices; when he met Bit, and learned he tasted like Aether Cherries; his endeavors in item stacking that once created a fully functioning Laser Crab; and when, when all was said and done, how a small, sparkling chunk of rock slowly evolved over the course of his ill-fated adventure from trying to kill him via choking, into a mouse-corpse wielding, demonic monstrosity that, in his honest opinion, had threatened the destruction of not only Sornieth, but the WHOLE WORLD, including in that the Outlier Sea! So, it was a very good thing that he managed to put a stop to it in the end, though it had almost cost him life (again), and that of Bit as well.

As he spoke his last flourish, ending the story as it's humble narrator, he swept a quick bow as he jumped down from the podium. The chattering of the people around him, some wanting to know other details and others telling him things that maybe his story reminded them of, Ciaram felt... Content. Really and truly content. It felt nice, to talk about what happened to him in a context where he wouldn't be sharply questioned about it, poking with sticks to weed to truths from the 'lies' (they never called him a liar, but he knew they still thought it was untrue). Today turned out to be a pretty decent day after all.

And as he talked and chatted back with the townsfolk, he felt a little wiggle coming from the safe bundle in his coat. Putting a claw up to it discreetly, he felt it subside after a couple more wiggles. He would have to check it back on the relative safety of the ship...

((If you wish to know more about Ciaram's story, of which all of the above shenanigans really and truly happened, you can find the archive of it right here! It was a forum game I ran a while ago, so it's a bit long, but it was loads of fun! Enjoy!))
drpusig1_zpsjz7uct4m.pngwindright_zpsee23nxkw.png
"well to tell you of my travels would bore you I think, since this is my first one. But if you wanna hear a tale of the sea you've come to the right person. when I was little my mother often told me stories of the seas. It's why I went on this journey actually" Helios said feeling a little homesick, "You know what this story has always been one of my favourites i'd love to share this little piece of home with you all" Some dragons started getting comfertable, others looked sceptic and one fea walked away bored.

"why the sea is salt" Helios started, "Once upon a time, when the water of the sea was fresh and there were no dragons living on these lands, a poor beachcomber tried to keep his family from starving. Each day they ate the same little scaps from valuables he gathered on the beach and each day he hoped he it would be enough. When the day finally came that he had nothing to fill his hands with but the sand under his feed his wife send him to his brother, a rich merchant. "Brother do you have some food for me?" he asked "My children are starving." The rich brother handed him a cow leg and shouted, "Here and now you can go and walk to the devil!"

"If my brother says i should go walk to the devil, then i will. But where can I find him?" The beahcomber said to himself. He walked to a forest and followed a trampled path. There he heard the sound of people chopping wood "Hey there lumberjacks!" He called, "Do you know where the hose of the devil is?" "Ofcourse we know that" They said, "Heesi, the master of these woods is the devil" "How do I get to his house?" "That's easy, you just follow the trail of cut down trees. You'll be there in a sec. But listen take a block of birch wood with you. As soon as you're inside he'll want to shake your hand, hand him the block of wood or he'll turn your hand into minced meat. And another thing. If he offers you a gift ask him for the stone handmill. It hangs on his wall.

The beachcomber thanked the lumberjacks for their advice and went of to Heesi's house. He knocked on the door entered and was then eye to eye with the master of the woods. He sat on a big stone heater, he had one yellow tooth hanging over his lip, his hair was white and fell to his knees and his huge hands were wider than even the thickest branch. He stared at the forest spirit. 'Welcome dear guest" Boomed Heesi and offered him one of his huge hands. Immediatly the poor brother pushed the block of wood into his hand, to see it reduced into sawdust. "I brought a gift" the beachcomber was a ble to say, "A cow's leg" The old Heesi smiled. He took the leg, shewed on it for a bit and then swallowed it whole. Bone and all. "Well, What would be your reward? silver? gold?" "That means nothing to me, I'd rather have the handmill that hangs on your wall." Heesi's smile dissapered slowly. He didn't want to lose his mill. He tried offering the beachcomber, flasks of drink, piles of gold but he was as stubborn as he was naïve. He insisted on the stone handmill. "Alright, but you'll have to remember this." Heesi said whilst taking the handmill of the wall, "These rymes are part off the mill; mill mill grind for me, all that i want then i'll be happy. And to stop; mill mill i'm happy now, mill mill this will be all"

Triumphantly the beachcomber returned home. "look my wife what i have got for us" He called out. She turned to look at him and face went from worried to happy to angry "A stone handmill?" She said "What are we supposed to do with that? You were gone all day and you come home with that?" The beachcomber looked happily at his wife and said, "Just look at this: mill mill grind for me, something to eat than i'll be happy" And the mill began spinning and spinning and it spun the whole table round producing all sorts of delicacies. As the children cheered and his wife was crying with laughter he said: "Mill mill i'm happy now, mill mill this will be all" And the mill stopped. "Now let's eat!"

Then the door flew open and the rich brother came in with a head red from anger. "I thought you were starving! I want my cow's leg back! How did you get all this!" he shouted. "Brother i did nothing else than what you told me, I took your cow's leg and took it to the devil. It was very good advice, he gave me a stone handmill that did all this." The beachcomber answered. "You... you what? The devil? You fool! Is that the handmill? How does it work?" "To start it you say mill mill grind for me all that i want, then i'll be happy." The poor brother answered, "Why?" "Because it's my handmill! It was my cow leg so it's my handmill." He said and grabbed the stone handmill of the table, "you should be happy i don't charge you for that food!" And then slammmed the door shut.

The next morning the rich brother went fishing and took the mill with him to salt the fish he would catch. And at the end of the afternoon he was satisfied with what he caught so he took the mill out and said; "Mill mill grind for me all the salt, then i'll be happy" and the mill began grinding and grinding soon there was enough salt for all the fish but the mill didn't stop it just kept on going. "Stop! That's enough, stop you damn mill." But the mill would only stop when it heard it's end rhyme so the boat just kept filling with salt. And with more salt. When there was salt in every inch of the boat and it started to hang dangerously low in the water, the rich brother was forced to throw the little handmill out of the bout and Into the deep sea. And there it remains. Ever grinding salt."

(this is actually a story i grew up on, hope it's ok)
"well to tell you of my travels would bore you I think, since this is my first one. But if you wanna hear a tale of the sea you've come to the right person. when I was little my mother often told me stories of the seas. It's why I went on this journey actually" Helios said feeling a little homesick, "You know what this story has always been one of my favourites i'd love to share this little piece of home with you all" Some dragons started getting comfertable, others looked sceptic and one fea walked away bored.

"why the sea is salt" Helios started, "Once upon a time, when the water of the sea was fresh and there were no dragons living on these lands, a poor beachcomber tried to keep his family from starving. Each day they ate the same little scaps from valuables he gathered on the beach and each day he hoped he it would be enough. When the day finally came that he had nothing to fill his hands with but the sand under his feed his wife send him to his brother, a rich merchant. "Brother do you have some food for me?" he asked "My children are starving." The rich brother handed him a cow leg and shouted, "Here and now you can go and walk to the devil!"

"If my brother says i should go walk to the devil, then i will. But where can I find him?" The beahcomber said to himself. He walked to a forest and followed a trampled path. There he heard the sound of people chopping wood "Hey there lumberjacks!" He called, "Do you know where the hose of the devil is?" "Ofcourse we know that" They said, "Heesi, the master of these woods is the devil" "How do I get to his house?" "That's easy, you just follow the trail of cut down trees. You'll be there in a sec. But listen take a block of birch wood with you. As soon as you're inside he'll want to shake your hand, hand him the block of wood or he'll turn your hand into minced meat. And another thing. If he offers you a gift ask him for the stone handmill. It hangs on his wall.

The beachcomber thanked the lumberjacks for their advice and went of to Heesi's house. He knocked on the door entered and was then eye to eye with the master of the woods. He sat on a big stone heater, he had one yellow tooth hanging over his lip, his hair was white and fell to his knees and his huge hands were wider than even the thickest branch. He stared at the forest spirit. 'Welcome dear guest" Boomed Heesi and offered him one of his huge hands. Immediatly the poor brother pushed the block of wood into his hand, to see it reduced into sawdust. "I brought a gift" the beachcomber was a ble to say, "A cow's leg" The old Heesi smiled. He took the leg, shewed on it for a bit and then swallowed it whole. Bone and all. "Well, What would be your reward? silver? gold?" "That means nothing to me, I'd rather have the handmill that hangs on your wall." Heesi's smile dissapered slowly. He didn't want to lose his mill. He tried offering the beachcomber, flasks of drink, piles of gold but he was as stubborn as he was naïve. He insisted on the stone handmill. "Alright, but you'll have to remember this." Heesi said whilst taking the handmill of the wall, "These rymes are part off the mill; mill mill grind for me, all that i want then i'll be happy. And to stop; mill mill i'm happy now, mill mill this will be all"

Triumphantly the beachcomber returned home. "look my wife what i have got for us" He called out. She turned to look at him and face went from worried to happy to angry "A stone handmill?" She said "What are we supposed to do with that? You were gone all day and you come home with that?" The beachcomber looked happily at his wife and said, "Just look at this: mill mill grind for me, something to eat than i'll be happy" And the mill began spinning and spinning and it spun the whole table round producing all sorts of delicacies. As the children cheered and his wife was crying with laughter he said: "Mill mill i'm happy now, mill mill this will be all" And the mill stopped. "Now let's eat!"

Then the door flew open and the rich brother came in with a head red from anger. "I thought you were starving! I want my cow's leg back! How did you get all this!" he shouted. "Brother i did nothing else than what you told me, I took your cow's leg and took it to the devil. It was very good advice, he gave me a stone handmill that did all this." The beachcomber answered. "You... you what? The devil? You fool! Is that the handmill? How does it work?" "To start it you say mill mill grind for me all that i want, then i'll be happy." The poor brother answered, "Why?" "Because it's my handmill! It was my cow leg so it's my handmill." He said and grabbed the stone handmill of the table, "you should be happy i don't charge you for that food!" And then slammmed the door shut.

The next morning the rich brother went fishing and took the mill with him to salt the fish he would catch. And at the end of the afternoon he was satisfied with what he caught so he took the mill out and said; "Mill mill grind for me all the salt, then i'll be happy" and the mill began grinding and grinding soon there was enough salt for all the fish but the mill didn't stop it just kept on going. "Stop! That's enough, stop you damn mill." But the mill would only stop when it heard it's end rhyme so the boat just kept filling with salt. And with more salt. When there was salt in every inch of the boat and it started to hang dangerously low in the water, the rich brother was forced to throw the little handmill out of the bout and Into the deep sea. And there it remains. Ever grinding salt."

(this is actually a story i grew up on, hope it's ok)

QVkHS1O.png
@Xairathan [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=68956] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/690/68956_350.png[/img] [/url] In a way, the huddled group in the Town Square was more comforting to Reinette than a bustling crowd would have been. A native of Dragonhome, she had yet to grow used to crowds, and the Zee was already overwhelming enough -- she could hardly understand how Yoriyuki had tolerated it. Perhaps, she thought, a tale of home and of terrors bested might calm her. "I have a story from Dragonhome," she began, settling down and crossing her arms in front of her. She inhaled deeply, taking a moment to consider the scents in the air, before she began. "It's a very old story. I was very young, and my clan was very small -- my mate and his brother, four of their kin, and we two who had come to be mates for the young brothers. I was happy enough on the Shattered Plain, but my mate-sister Rhonwen was not. She was a Fae and used to tight quarters, you see, and from the Sunbeam Ruins besides. She's the one who decided we ought to dig." Reinette inhaled again and closed her eyes, to try and conjure it all up. The scents of the Outlier Sea were nothing like the Plain, but something in the air was right: some tenseness, the smell of dragons with nerves running high. "We were digging tunnels and caves, trying to carve away the stone and sand and make a home for ourselves and the clan we hoped to foster. One night -- it was summer, and cooler to dig at nighttime -- three of us were working there. It was me, Rhonwen, and Pokoso, Rhonwen's mate. Pokoso was a Guardian, so he did most of the heavy work, but I helped with magic and Rhonwen kept our light burning. It was boring work, but pleasant enough. Until there was a hollow sound from the stone before us." Reinette extended a claw and rapped on the ground sharply, quickly: a quick, light rapping. "A bit like that, with an echo. We could tell there was something beyond the wall, some sort of cave or chamber. Pokoso's eyes lit up and he started digging like mad, saying that there was probably a treasury and we'd be rich. Rhonwen told him to stop, be careful, he was going to kill us all --" "Well, he didn't," said Reinette, with a grin that showed very little mirth. "But he broke through the wall, and beyond it were only the dead. There had been a small nesting chamber there, just a few nests scratched out of the stone, filled with dust and small bones. The bodies by the nests -- I can still see them, still smell them. Two Mirrors and three Fae, all huddled together, skin dry and taut against their bones. They were coated in dust and loam, and it was falling from their open mouths. They must have trapped and starved... or been suffocated, drowned in dust... when something in the earth shifted. The ground can be very much like the Zee, can't it?" There was more to the story, of course. There was their flight up the tunnel, the abandoned digging project, Rhonwen swearing she would never raise hatchlings in the gods-forsaken dust of Dragonhome... but, perhaps, there were more important lessons there than that. "... but as for us, we lived. We learned the patterns of the earth, and we tamed it, and our clan grew. All things can be endured."
@Xairathan

68956_350.png

In a way, the huddled group in the Town Square was more comforting to Reinette than a bustling crowd would have been. A native of Dragonhome, she had yet to grow used to crowds, and the Zee was already overwhelming enough -- she could hardly understand how Yoriyuki had tolerated it. Perhaps, she thought, a tale of home and of terrors bested might calm her.

"I have a story from Dragonhome," she began, settling down and crossing her arms in front of her. She inhaled deeply, taking a moment to consider the scents in the air, before she began. "It's a very old story. I was very young, and my clan was very small -- my mate and his brother, four of their kin, and we two who had come to be mates for the young brothers. I was happy enough on the Shattered Plain, but my mate-sister Rhonwen was not. She was a Fae and used to tight quarters, you see, and from the Sunbeam Ruins besides. She's the one who decided we ought to dig."

Reinette inhaled again and closed her eyes, to try and conjure it all up. The scents of the Outlier Sea were nothing like the Plain, but something in the air was right: some tenseness, the smell of dragons with nerves running high. "We were digging tunnels and caves, trying to carve away the stone and sand and make a home for ourselves and the clan we hoped to foster. One night -- it was summer, and cooler to dig at nighttime -- three of us were working there. It was me, Rhonwen, and Pokoso, Rhonwen's mate. Pokoso was a Guardian, so he did most of the heavy work, but I helped with magic and Rhonwen kept our light burning. It was boring work, but pleasant enough. Until there was a hollow sound from the stone before us."

Reinette extended a claw and rapped on the ground sharply, quickly: a quick, light rapping. "A bit like that, with an echo. We could tell there was something beyond the wall, some sort of cave or chamber. Pokoso's eyes lit up and he started digging like mad, saying that there was probably a treasury and we'd be rich. Rhonwen told him to stop, be careful, he was going to kill us all --"

"Well, he didn't," said Reinette, with a grin that showed very little mirth. "But he broke through the wall, and beyond it were only the dead. There had been a small nesting chamber there, just a few nests scratched out of the stone, filled with dust and small bones. The bodies by the nests -- I can still see them, still smell them. Two Mirrors and three Fae, all huddled together, skin dry and taut against their bones. They were coated in dust and loam, and it was falling from their open mouths. They must have trapped and starved... or been suffocated, drowned in dust... when something in the earth shifted. The ground can be very much like the Zee, can't it?"

There was more to the story, of course. There was their flight up the tunnel, the abandoned digging project, Rhonwen swearing she would never raise hatchlings in the gods-forsaken dust of Dragonhome... but, perhaps, there were more important lessons there than that. "... but as for us, we lived. We learned the patterns of the earth, and we tamed it, and our clan grew. All things can be endured."
n4tD6Di.png2PWSna6.pngrULXRhK.png
[center] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/243385/24338403_350.png[/img] [/center] The Nocturne lashed his tail. He was not fond of this stupid barbarian boat, he was not fond of the strange Sea it floated on (or under), and he was certainly not fond of its inhabitants, which were proving to know nothing of him or his exploits. This extended to the weirdos over here, too. "No, I do not want to tell you a story! If you fools don't hear about me in this literal backwater, that's not my problem. Unless..." If he could convince these folk that the boat was bad news (which is was, clearly, with them going around and kidnapping dragons), he could probably get out of there and spread word of himself as a bonus. It was brilliant, just like every plan he'd come up with. "Once, a brave archeologist named... uh, a brave archeologist was exploring some dangerous and rocky ruins in the realm of Sornieth, a place much better than here. I was looking for golems, automatons made of stone from long ago. When, suddenly..." He gestured for dramatic effect. "A raiding band of barbarians kidnapped me right out of those ruins! They knocked me unconscious (me! the great... archeologist!!) and dragged me onto their strange, pointed boat. When I stirred, they interrogated me as for my name and previous accomplishments-- perhaps grilling me for information before they killed and ate me." Anglesey(?) glanced around, quickly. He lowered his voice. "They forced me to play a game where you play-murder each other. I suspect they intend to murder me for real soon, and possibly all of you. For barbarians, they are remarkably adept at appearing civil, so be ever-vigilant." He straightened up and cupped his claws around his mouth. "WOW WHAT A GREAT STORY. HAHAHAHA. HAHAHA. HAHA."
24338403_350.png

The Nocturne lashed his tail. He was not fond of this stupid barbarian boat, he was not fond of the strange Sea it floated on (or under), and he was certainly not fond of its inhabitants, which were proving to know nothing of him or his exploits. This extended to the weirdos over here, too.

"No, I do not want to tell you a story! If you fools don't hear about me in this literal backwater, that's not my problem. Unless..."

If he could convince these folk that the boat was bad news (which is was, clearly, with them going around and kidnapping dragons), he could probably get out of there and spread word of himself as a bonus. It was brilliant, just like every plan he'd come up with.

"Once, a brave archeologist named... uh, a brave archeologist was exploring some dangerous and rocky ruins in the realm of Sornieth, a place much better than here. I was looking for golems, automatons made of stone from long ago. When, suddenly..."

He gestured for dramatic effect.

"A raiding band of barbarians kidnapped me right out of those ruins! They knocked me unconscious (me! the great... archeologist!!) and dragged me onto their strange, pointed boat. When I stirred, they interrogated me as for my name and previous accomplishments-- perhaps grilling me for information before they killed and ate me."

Anglesey(?) glanced around, quickly. He lowered his voice.
"They forced me to play a game where you play-murder each other. I suspect they intend to murder me for real soon, and possibly all of you. For barbarians, they are remarkably adept at appearing civil, so be ever-vigilant."

He straightened up and cupped his claws around his mouth.
"WOW WHAT A GREAT STORY. HAHAHAHA. HAHAHA. HAHA."
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8652323] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/86524/8652323_350.png[/img] [/url] Orinda sighs softly as her crewmates scatter as per usual. She pulls her hat down to cover her face somewhat as she floats off toward the Town Center to check the town out some more. She is curious after all and has a desire to explore for some knowledge and experience. She did not expect the calls however "Outlander!" she jerks up at the call, and is shoved through the crowd. She yelps in surprise as she's easily hoisted onto the podium by someone. Curses her small stature! "Outlander! Tell us of your travels!" the citizens of Deadman's canal calls out to her as she looks around in surprise. "I-I....I um...I don't travel much really. This is my first adventure outside Sornieth" she tells them shyly and visibly flinches when she hear the groaning from the citizens and some of them even boos her! She whimpers for few seconds before calling out "I, however, can share tales of things happening in Sornieth!" she waits for the responses. It is positive! She smiles in relief. "You are aware of the flights and the dominance battles?" she asks the crowd. There is varying responses. "There are eleven flights. They are as follows [i]Arcane of Starfall Isles Earth of Dragonhome Fire of The Ashfall Waste Ice of The Southern Icefield Light of Sunbeams Ruins Lightning of The Shifting Expanse Nature of The Viridian Labrynth Plague of The Scarred Wasteland Shadow of The Tangled Wood Water of The Sea of a Thousand Currents Wind of The Windswept Plateau[/i] They are what makes up Sornieth. Every week we have battles for dominance. Some weeks it is an event. For one week every month, we celebrate a festival for each flight. In the December however; we celebrate Night of the Nocturne and it last two weeks. However, there is a twelfth flight. We do not consider them a flight per so. We are at a war of some sorts against them. They are Beastclans. I often go out and battle them with a good friend back home." Orinda takes a deep breath. Such a mouthful! She starts speaking again "I am in the Water Flight. My clanmates and I currently resides in Fishspine Reef of The Sea of a Thousand Currents. Our flight's reigning god is Tidelord and I hear he is an excellent one." she smiles as she remember her flight, the friends she's made inside that particular flight as well as her clanmates. She dearly misses them so, and will have quite the tale to share with them once she returns home. Hopefully they are doing well. "Few months ago, the Fire and Water flights had quite the dominance battle. My clanmates and I sadly joined in the last hours since we were preoccupied but I made many good friends that might. They were quite victorious over us as they snagged first place but we were not in vain as we came closely behind in second place. Our benefits that week were in our favour!" she smiles as she remembers quite fondly helping Limelight scour the Auction House and picking the dragons up to send to Lord Tidelord. She also remembers very well how they stayed up well past midnight to help their own flight out. "Over the last week of December, we had a push. We wanted second place, and we were determined! Limelight, the human helping take care of my clan and I wanted me to help train the young ones and send them on their way to be with Lord Tidelord. She says they will be at peace and find good home with him. I had lot of help from a female Imperial back home. Her name is Moria and she is also Water aligned just like me. It was a stressful week as Limelight had fallen ill but we managed. We got to ring in the new year with our new benefits for the week!" Orinda smile brightly as she remembers working very hard in the Coliseum with Moria. "Ah. It seems I rambled quite a bit" she blush slightly as she notice the sun's position in the sky had shifted considerably, and more dragons had joined the crowd to listen to her tale. "What is your fondest memories of your last week before ringing in the new year?" She asks the crowd as she had wanted to hear their fondest memories. Perhaps she'll gain more knowledge? Perhaps sharing fond memories will help her calm down and remain sane? [[@Xairathan Ah. Sorry I rambled quite a bit. Hope that's ok!}}

8652323_350.png

Orinda sighs softly as her crewmates scatter as per usual. She pulls her hat down to cover her face somewhat as she floats off toward the Town Center to check the town out some more. She is curious after all and has a desire to explore for some knowledge and experience. She did not expect the calls however

"Outlander!" she jerks up at the call, and is shoved through the crowd. She yelps in surprise as she's easily hoisted onto the podium by someone. Curses her small stature!
"Outlander! Tell us of your travels!" the citizens of Deadman's canal calls out to her as she looks around in surprise.

"I-I....I um...I don't travel much really. This is my first adventure outside Sornieth" she tells them shyly and visibly flinches when she hear the groaning from the citizens and some of them even boos her! She whimpers for few seconds before calling out

"I, however, can share tales of things happening in Sornieth!" she waits for the responses. It is positive! She smiles in relief.

"You are aware of the flights and the dominance battles?" she asks the crowd. There is varying responses.

"There are eleven flights. They are as follows

Arcane of Starfall Isles
Earth of Dragonhome
Fire of The Ashfall Waste
Ice of The Southern Icefield
Light of Sunbeams Ruins
Lightning of The Shifting Expanse
Nature of The Viridian Labrynth
Plague of The Scarred Wasteland
Shadow of The Tangled Wood
Water of The Sea of a Thousand Currents
Wind of The Windswept Plateau

They are what makes up Sornieth. Every week we have battles for dominance. Some weeks it is an event. For one week every month, we celebrate a festival for each flight. In the December however; we celebrate Night of the Nocturne and it last two weeks.

However, there is a twelfth flight. We do not consider them a flight per so. We are at a war of some sorts against them. They are Beastclans. I often go out and battle them with a good friend back home." Orinda takes a deep breath. Such a mouthful!

She starts speaking again

"I am in the Water Flight. My clanmates and I currently resides in Fishspine Reef of The Sea of a Thousand Currents. Our flight's reigning god is Tidelord and I hear he is an excellent one." she smiles as she remember her flight, the friends she's made inside that particular flight as well as her clanmates. She dearly misses them so, and will have quite the tale to share with them once she returns home. Hopefully they are doing well.

"Few months ago, the Fire and Water flights had quite the dominance battle. My clanmates and I sadly joined in the last hours since we were preoccupied but I made many good friends that might. They were quite victorious over us as they snagged first place but we were not in vain as we came closely behind in second place. Our benefits that week were in our favour!" she smiles as she remembers quite fondly helping Limelight scour the Auction House and picking the dragons up to send to Lord Tidelord. She also remembers very well how they stayed up well past midnight to help their own flight out.

"Over the last week of December, we had a push. We wanted second place, and we were determined! Limelight, the human helping take care of my clan and I wanted me to help train the young ones and send them on their way to be with Lord Tidelord. She says they will be at peace and find good home with him. I had lot of help from a female Imperial back home. Her name is Moria and she is also Water aligned just like me. It was a stressful week as Limelight had fallen ill but we managed. We got to ring in the new year with our new benefits for the week!" Orinda smile brightly as she remembers working very hard in the Coliseum with Moria.

"Ah. It seems I rambled quite a bit" she blush slightly as she notice the sun's position in the sky had shifted considerably, and more dragons had joined the crowd to listen to her tale.

"What is your fondest memories of your last week before ringing in the new year?" She asks the crowd as she had wanted to hear their fondest memories. Perhaps she'll gain more knowledge? Perhaps sharing fond memories will help her calm down and remain sane?

[[@Xairathan
Ah. Sorry I rambled quite a bit. Hope that's ok!}}
@Xairathan [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13864315] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/138644/13864315_350.png[/img] [/url] Overclock is pushed up onto the podium, feeling quite pressured to deliver a good story. After all, these guys have probably heard hundreds of stories more exciting than anything she’s seen so far...well perhaps except [i]that[/i], but she wasn’t about to go saying anything on the matter there. Regardless, she can’t speak...well...She remembered the plush Shadowbinder doll she’d brought with her, sitting down and pulling it out to stare into it’s eyes. The doll stared back, and after a moment their eyes glowed, a stream of magic flowing from the doll and into Overclock’s eyes, and after mere moments it was done. She smiled slyly, putting away the doll. She sat up straight, suddenly seeming a lot more...dapper than she had. She looked at the expectant, albeit somewhat confused, citizens around her, grinning. “So, you’d like to hear a story, then? A tale of adventure, or perhaps a tale of terror? Well, perhaps I have...something for you, then.” She gave another smile, sweet yet slightly wicked, and held the doll close with her eyes closed for a moment. After, she put the plush effigy onto the ground and held a hand over it for a moment, a blue mist dripping out her claws into the doll, which opened it’s mouth and began playing music. She then launched into a musical tale, sung in a voice as smooth as glass. Throughout the song she made various gestures to accent the story, moving along with the sound, at some points looking quite wild-eyed and at others a calm appearing just as calm and collected as she was when she’d first sat up after having used the doll. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcgvLiNYCcA]-Musical Cue-[/url] [quote] Gather everybody, I have a tale to tell. It might just save your lives, but only if you listen well. ‘Cause deep in the Tangled Wood, Way back on Sornieth, There’s a sign that says, “Beware the shadow of the night!” Some say it’s a remnant of what’s left of the Shade. It ate so many dragons, yet it’s smaller than a tree. It looks like living darkness, Well except for the eyes. And if you think that’s scary, wait ‘till you see it’s insides! (*Chorus) Oh, you can’t run, and you can’t hide, and certainly you can’t fight, ‘Cause this here is a creature that’ll hunt you through the night. They’ll tear you up, no trace of you. You’d better stay away. Heed the sign that says, “Beware the shadow of the night!” (*End Chorus) Some say it’s a demon that came straight from hell, To eat the souls of dragons, and even some beast clans. Some they don’t believe it, as for me I’ve got a hunch. ‘Cause we rarely see explorers there, Since it ate them all for lunch! (See: Chorus above) Well once we had this one guy come, he made it out alive. He seemed a little paranoid, and wouldn’t leave the light. But one day he was sleeping, and this here was his plight: There was a crunch and a scream! And now the one thing left of him’s a bloodstain on the bed! (See: Chorus above) Well, the Shadowbinder, our shadow deity. The one thing that she’s scared of, well of course aside from light. It is the absolute horror that lurks inside the night. She’d rather fight the Shade again, Both arms behind her back! (See: Chorus above) Well, now let’s take a moment, and just between you and me, This creature isn’t all bad, which most people do not see. Just come a little closer if you really want to know. This strange and somewhat gruesome tale started so long ago. A portal to another world, it opened in the woods. And there fell out a creature that was very much damaged. It was just a ball of tar at first, but it became a hatchling. We took it in, and it grew up, a nightmare in disguise. He ate and he ate, his hunger never stopped. And so he left to find his own source of food in the woods. Well then he started hunting anything that was in sight. But then he’d come home, defending us, and we put up a sign. And what did it say? Oh, you can’t run, and you can’t hide, and certainly you can’t fight, ‘Cause this here is a creature that’ll hunt you through the night. They’ll tear you up, no trace of you. You’d better stay away. Heed the sign that says, “Beware,” hell I should know, I put it there! Heed the sign that says, “Beware the shadow of the night!” [/quote] After her story was finished she laughed, picking up the doll again and sitting back down where she was. She held the effigy to her face, the same blue magic making it’s way back into the doll. Once the process was complete she put the plush toy away, grinning gleefully. She bowed her head to the group, hopping down from the podium and continuing on her way.
@Xairathan

13864315_350.png

Overclock is pushed up onto the podium, feeling quite pressured to deliver a good story. After all, these guys have probably heard hundreds of stories more exciting than anything she’s seen so far...well perhaps except that, but she wasn’t about to go saying anything on the matter there. Regardless, she can’t speak...well...She remembered the plush Shadowbinder doll she’d brought with her, sitting down and pulling it out to stare into it’s eyes. The doll stared back, and after a moment their eyes glowed, a stream of magic flowing from the doll and into Overclock’s eyes, and after mere moments it was done. She smiled slyly, putting away the doll.

She sat up straight, suddenly seeming a lot more...dapper than she had. She looked at the expectant, albeit somewhat confused, citizens around her, grinning. “So, you’d like to hear a story, then? A tale of adventure, or perhaps a tale of terror? Well, perhaps I have...something for you, then.” She gave another smile, sweet yet slightly wicked, and held the doll close with her eyes closed for a moment. After, she put the plush effigy onto the ground and held a hand over it for a moment, a blue mist dripping out her claws into the doll, which opened it’s mouth and began playing music. She then launched into a musical tale, sung in a voice as smooth as glass. Throughout the song she made various gestures to accent the story, moving along with the sound, at some points looking quite wild-eyed and at others a calm appearing just as calm and collected as she was when she’d first sat up after having used the doll.

-Musical Cue-
Quote:
Gather everybody,
I have a tale to tell.
It might just save your lives, but only if you listen well.
‘Cause deep in the Tangled Wood,
Way back on Sornieth,
There’s a sign that says,
“Beware the shadow of the night!”

Some say it’s a remnant of what’s left of the Shade.
It ate so many dragons, yet it’s smaller than a tree.
It looks like living darkness,
Well except for the eyes.
And if you think that’s scary, wait ‘till you see it’s insides!

(*Chorus)
Oh, you can’t run, and you can’t hide, and certainly you can’t fight,
‘Cause this here is a creature that’ll hunt you through the night.
They’ll tear you up, no trace of you. You’d better stay away.
Heed the sign that says, “Beware the shadow of the night!”
(*End Chorus)

Some say it’s a demon that came straight from hell,
To eat the souls of dragons, and even some beast clans.
Some they don’t believe it, as for me I’ve got a hunch.
‘Cause we rarely see explorers there,
Since it ate them all for lunch!

(See: Chorus above)

Well once we had this one guy come, he made it out alive.
He seemed a little paranoid, and wouldn’t leave the light.
But one day he was sleeping, and this here was his plight:
There was a crunch and a scream!
And now the one thing left of him’s a bloodstain on the bed!

Well, the Shadowbinder, our shadow deity.
The one thing that she’s scared of, well of course aside from light.
It is the absolute horror that lurks inside the night.
She’d rather fight the Shade again,
Both arms behind her back!

Well, now let’s take a moment, and just between you and me,
This creature isn’t all bad, which most people do not see.
Just come a little closer if you really want to know.
This strange and somewhat gruesome tale started so long ago.

A portal to another world, it opened in the woods.
And there fell out a creature that was very much damaged.
It was just a ball of tar at first, but it became a hatchling.
We took it in, and it grew up, a nightmare in disguise.

He ate and he ate, his hunger never stopped.
And so he left to find his own source of food in the woods.
Well then he started hunting anything that was in sight.
But then he’d come home, defending us, and we put up a sign.
And what did it say?

Oh, you can’t run, and you can’t hide, and certainly you can’t fight,
‘Cause this here is a creature that’ll hunt you through the night.
They’ll tear you up, no trace of you. You’d better stay away.
Heed the sign that says, “Beware,” hell I should know, I put it there!
Heed the sign that says, “Beware the shadow of the night!”

After her story was finished she laughed, picking up the doll again and sitting back down where she was. She held the effigy to her face, the same blue magic making it’s way back into the doll. Once the process was complete she put the plush toy away, grinning gleefully. She bowed her head to the group, hopping down from the podium and continuing on her way.

Praise the sun! \o/
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18 19