Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | One Night Ultimate Werewolf | Done!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
[center][size=7]One Night Ultimate Werewolf[/size] [size=5][i]Vampires, werewolves, fallen angels, and fairies lurk in the shadows, their intentions far from honorable.[/i] -Jeaniene Frost[/size][/center] Welcome to One Night Ultimate Werewolf, a mafia-style party game for 6-10 players. This game will last for 3 days, with 1 day for a “prep” phase and 2 days for the game phase. This game is not a typical game like you would normally see on FlightRising. The werewolves do not have a kill, nor may they speak to each other privately; rather, they know their cohorts at the beginning of the game, and their goal is to simply stay alive at the end of the voting phase. This is a game about LYING, and finding out who is telling the TRUTH. Several roles in this game will steal, move, or otherwise rearrange the roles in the game. You might not be who you once thought you were… [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4uDuH4xXLg]Here is a video example game[/url]. I HIGHLY recommend watching this to get a sense of what the game’s about if you’ve never played this version of the game before. Note that some of the players tell the truth, while others lie, and in the beginning, some don’t know that they’ve been switched. You may also be interested in reading the previous incarnations of this game! [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1563223]First Run (Aug. 2015)[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1846459/1]Second Run (May 2016)[/url] - recommended! Signups will close at 15:00 FR on October 23, 2016, or 24 hours after all game slots are filled. The minimum number of players needed is 6, with a maximum of 10. [b]Players[/b] [list=1][*]Raya36 [*]amapup [*]Druddigon8 [*]crateshya [*]Rosetta248 [*]Mithent [*]TerribleUsername [*]Ninjacatblue [*]Jinkiez [*]ChaoticKagura [/list] [b]Substitutes[/b] I don’t anticipate but hey :) [list][*]luxmold [*]Stormdreamer [*]VivaFariy [*]KathiraNarae [*] [*]Your name could be here![/list] [b]Spectators[/b] Spectating the game entitles you to a separate chat where you can hang out and see if YOU can guess who’s who! BlueAlphyn885 DuskyFlareon SmashedFish (shhh yes I absolutely reused the setup from the last run, wouldn't you? :P) [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2014878/16#post_23444497]Game End[/url]
One Night Ultimate Werewolf

Vampires, werewolves, fallen angels, and fairies lurk in the shadows, their intentions far from honorable.
-Jeaniene Frost

Welcome to One Night Ultimate Werewolf, a mafia-style party game for 6-10 players. This game will last for 3 days, with 1 day for a “prep” phase and 2 days for the game phase.

This game is not a typical game like you would normally see on FlightRising. The werewolves do not have a kill, nor may they speak to each other privately; rather, they know their cohorts at the beginning of the game, and their goal is to simply stay alive at the end of the voting phase. This is a game about LYING, and finding out who is telling the TRUTH.

Several roles in this game will steal, move, or otherwise rearrange the roles in the game. You might not be who you once thought you were…

Here is a video example game. I HIGHLY recommend watching this to get a sense of what the game’s about if you’ve never played this version of the game before. Note that some of the players tell the truth, while others lie, and in the beginning, some don’t know that they’ve been switched.

You may also be interested in reading the previous incarnations of this game!
First Run (Aug. 2015)
Second Run (May 2016) - recommended!

Signups will close at 15:00 FR on October 23, 2016, or 24 hours after all game slots are filled. The minimum number of players needed is 6, with a maximum of 10.

Players
  1. Raya36
  2. amapup
  3. Druddigon8
  4. crateshya
  5. Rosetta248
  6. Mithent
  7. TerribleUsername
  8. Ninjacatblue
  9. Jinkiez
  10. ChaoticKagura

Substitutes
I don’t anticipate but hey :)
  • luxmold
  • Stormdreamer
  • VivaFariy
  • KathiraNarae
  • Your name could be here!

Spectators
Spectating the game entitles you to a separate chat where you can hang out and see if YOU can guess who’s who!

BlueAlphyn885 DuskyFlareon SmashedFish

(shhh yes I absolutely reused the setup from the last run, wouldn't you? :P)

Game End
3bMwIy2.png
Kirk, FR +2
[center][size=5]Game Phases[/size][/center] This game has 4 distinct phases, which last different lengths of time and have different attributes to them. [b]Prep Phase[/b]: During this phase, roles are sent out. It will last 2 hours, from the end of signups to 17:00 FR that night. The game thread is closed for this portion. [b]Night Phase[/b]: This phase lasts 24 hours, from 17:00 FR to 17:00 FR the next day. During this phase, you will PM in your action. I will then send out any relevant information to various parties depending on their role. The thread remains closed during this time. [b]Discussion Phase[/b]: Here is the main meat of the game, figuring out what happened last night...and who’s lying! This phase lasts until 17:00 FR the second day after the Night Phase. The thread opens for posting. [b]Voting Phase[/b]: The voting phase is when you vote for who YOU think is lying. The voting phase opens the second day of the Discussion Phase, at 17:00 FR, and takes place in the main thread. [center][size=5]Rules[/size][/center] [size=4]General[/size] [list][*]The Discussion Phase will last 2 days from game start, until 17:00 FR. There will be a short lockdown phase while I tally final votes and detail night actions. [*]Word of Mod is final. I have final say on any rulebreaking and punishments, and reserve the right to do so as I see fit. [b]In general, follow the SPIRIT of the rules, not the LETTER[/b], and ask if you are unsure. [*]I also reserve the right to change or add rules as I see fit. Any rule changes that may occur during the game will be announced to the thread as necessary. [*]Remember first and foremost that [b]this is a game[/b]. Be civil, and expect arguments that may become heated. Aggressive behavior is allowed and expected, but personal attacks are NOT okay. [*]All win conditions in this game are public. All roles shown on the front page are all possible roles in the game. There are no hidden mechanics, roles, or wincons than what I have provided.[/list] [size=4]Activity, Communication, and Posting[/size] [list][*]You must post at least once per 24 hours during the Discussion Phase. You are encouraged to be active, as this game only has 1 phase for discussion. [*]Do not delete posts. You may edit posts in this game. [*]Do not directly copy-paste anything I have told you in private communication to the thread. You may quote from the thread, or paraphrase private communication, but do not copy-paste anything discussed by PM. [*]All actions will be submitted by PM to me prior to the end of the night phase. You may not post in the thread until you have been pinged for the Discussion Phase of the game. [*]Communication outside the game thread with any player currently in the game is prohibited. If you have questions, please PM me. [*]I will not lie to you. I may say that I cannot answer something, but this is not an intense game and I am more likely to answer some questions here that I would not answer in other games. [*]Hydra players are NOT allowed in this game. A ‘hydra’ is a playerslot that has two or more players in the same role.[/list] [size=4]Lynch[/size] [list][*]The lynch will take place during the Voting Phase, which is open the last 24 hours of the Discussion Phase. [*]Voting will take place in this thread. Please ping me when voting, bold your vote, or otherwise let me know that it is a vote you are making. [*]Do not use nicknames when voting. I do not know everyone’s nickname(s) off the top of my head, and multiple players may have the same nickname. Any votes that are unclear will be counted as Not Voting. [*]The player(s) who hold majority vote will be lynched. Multiple people can be lynched if they are tied for the highest number of votes. If every player has 1 vote, no one dies. [*]There is NO No Vote, or No Lynch, etc. You must vote for a player.[/list]
Game Phases

This game has 4 distinct phases, which last different lengths of time and have different attributes to them.

Prep Phase: During this phase, roles are sent out. It will last 2 hours, from the end of signups to 17:00 FR that night. The game thread is closed for this portion.

Night Phase: This phase lasts 24 hours, from 17:00 FR to 17:00 FR the next day. During this phase, you will PM in your action. I will then send out any relevant information to various parties depending on their role. The thread remains closed during this time.

Discussion Phase: Here is the main meat of the game, figuring out what happened last night...and who’s lying! This phase lasts until 17:00 FR the second day after the Night Phase. The thread opens for posting.

Voting Phase: The voting phase is when you vote for who YOU think is lying. The voting phase opens the second day of the Discussion Phase, at 17:00 FR, and takes place in the main thread.
Rules

General
  • The Discussion Phase will last 2 days from game start, until 17:00 FR. There will be a short lockdown phase while I tally final votes and detail night actions.
  • Word of Mod is final. I have final say on any rulebreaking and punishments, and reserve the right to do so as I see fit. In general, follow the SPIRIT of the rules, not the LETTER, and ask if you are unsure.
  • I also reserve the right to change or add rules as I see fit. Any rule changes that may occur during the game will be announced to the thread as necessary.
  • Remember first and foremost that this is a game. Be civil, and expect arguments that may become heated. Aggressive behavior is allowed and expected, but personal attacks are NOT okay.
  • All win conditions in this game are public. All roles shown on the front page are all possible roles in the game. There are no hidden mechanics, roles, or wincons than what I have provided.

Activity, Communication, and Posting
  • You must post at least once per 24 hours during the Discussion Phase. You are encouraged to be active, as this game only has 1 phase for discussion.
  • Do not delete posts. You may edit posts in this game.
  • Do not directly copy-paste anything I have told you in private communication to the thread. You may quote from the thread, or paraphrase private communication, but do not copy-paste anything discussed by PM.
  • All actions will be submitted by PM to me prior to the end of the night phase. You may not post in the thread until you have been pinged for the Discussion Phase of the game.
  • Communication outside the game thread with any player currently in the game is prohibited. If you have questions, please PM me.
  • I will not lie to you. I may say that I cannot answer something, but this is not an intense game and I am more likely to answer some questions here that I would not answer in other games.
  • Hydra players are NOT allowed in this game. A ‘hydra’ is a playerslot that has two or more players in the same role.

Lynch
  • The lynch will take place during the Voting Phase, which is open the last 24 hours of the Discussion Phase.
  • Voting will take place in this thread. Please ping me when voting, bold your vote, or otherwise let me know that it is a vote you are making.
  • Do not use nicknames when voting. I do not know everyone’s nickname(s) off the top of my head, and multiple players may have the same nickname. Any votes that are unclear will be counted as Not Voting.
  • The player(s) who hold majority vote will be lynched. Multiple people can be lynched if they are tied for the highest number of votes. If every player has 1 vote, no one dies.
  • There is NO No Vote, or No Lynch, etc. You must vote for a player.
3bMwIy2.png
Kirk, FR +2
Roles and Night Actions

*Please note that this is also the Order of Resolution in the game - all actions will take place in this order.

Doppleganger: Has one or two Night Phase actions depending on the effect. The Doppleganger can look at another player’s card, and then assumes that role, as well as any specific limitations or Night Phase actions. These happen immediately, the only exception being if they see any Werewolf card, either Mason, or the Insomniac, in which case they will wake up at the designated time (with the other Werewolves/Masons or at the very end after the Insomniac).

Werewolf: There are 3 werewolf cards in play at any given time. The werewolves have a Night Phase, where they will wake up and see who the other werewolves are. If there happens to be only one werewolf, that player may look at a card in the center of the table and see what it is.

Alpha Wolf: Opened at 10 players. Has two Night Phases: the first is to wake up with the other werewolves, and the second is to take a known werewolf card from the center of the table, and exchange it with any player’s card, thus turning them into a werewolf.

Masons: There are always 2 mason cards in play at any given time. Opened at 9 players, and replaces the Drunk card. During the Night Phase, they wake up and look for the other mason. There is no other action taken.

Paranormal Investigator: This player may look at up to 2 players’ cards during the Night Phase. If they see a werewolf or Tanner card on the first one, they may not look at any other cards, and then become a werewolf or Tanner. If they see any other card, they may choose to look at a second card. The same rule applies for any werewolf or Tanner cards, and the action is over regardless of what card is seen.

Robber: This player switches their card with another player’s card during the Night Phase. They then look at their new card and assume that role, but take no other action.

Troublemaker: Their Night Phase action is to switch two other players’ cards (neither may be their own). They do not know what cards the players have.

Seer: This role is opened at 7 players. During the Night Phase, the Seer can look at either another player’s card, or 2 of the center cards.

Drunk: Opened at 8 players, but is replaced by the Mason cards at 9 players. During this player’s Night Phase, they switch their card with one card from the center of the table, but they do NOT know the identity of their new card.

Insomniac: This player gets to look at their card again after all other Night Phase actions have been taken. If they are still the Insomniac, nothing happens; otherwise, they assume the role of the card they see. However, if that card has a Night Phase action, they DO NOT take that action.

Tanner: This player’s goal is to die. They have no Night Phase action, but their goal is to get people to vote for them by any means necessary.

You may note that there are more roles than players available. This is deliberate so as to help keep players from knowing the exact setup until after the game has finished. There are 3 extra roles to the number of players in the game, which are known as the ‘center cards’.

Win Conditions

Roles colored green are aligned with the Town, and win if a Werewolf is killed.

Red roles are aligned with the Werewolves, and win if a member of the Town is killed.

The Doppleganger is a role that has its alignment decided when it looks at someone else’s role. If the Doppleganger card is moved, it does not keep what the original Doppleganger saw, and instead becomes a Town-aligned role.

The Tanner is aligned with itself, and wins individually if they are killed. This supersedes all other win conditions - neither Town nor Werewolves, nor any other possible Tanners*, win if a Tanner is lynched.

*With the Doppleganger and Paranormal Investigator roles in effect, it is possible to have more than one Tanner if either role looks at the Tanner, and then their card is not moved for the rest of the game. The Tanners are not allied with each other - rather, they are out for themselves, and thus do not win if another Tanner is lynched.
Roles and Night Actions

*Please note that this is also the Order of Resolution in the game - all actions will take place in this order.

Doppleganger: Has one or two Night Phase actions depending on the effect. The Doppleganger can look at another player’s card, and then assumes that role, as well as any specific limitations or Night Phase actions. These happen immediately, the only exception being if they see any Werewolf card, either Mason, or the Insomniac, in which case they will wake up at the designated time (with the other Werewolves/Masons or at the very end after the Insomniac).

Werewolf: There are 3 werewolf cards in play at any given time. The werewolves have a Night Phase, where they will wake up and see who the other werewolves are. If there happens to be only one werewolf, that player may look at a card in the center of the table and see what it is.

Alpha Wolf: Opened at 10 players. Has two Night Phases: the first is to wake up with the other werewolves, and the second is to take a known werewolf card from the center of the table, and exchange it with any player’s card, thus turning them into a werewolf.

Masons: There are always 2 mason cards in play at any given time. Opened at 9 players, and replaces the Drunk card. During the Night Phase, they wake up and look for the other mason. There is no other action taken.

Paranormal Investigator: This player may look at up to 2 players’ cards during the Night Phase. If they see a werewolf or Tanner card on the first one, they may not look at any other cards, and then become a werewolf or Tanner. If they see any other card, they may choose to look at a second card. The same rule applies for any werewolf or Tanner cards, and the action is over regardless of what card is seen.

Robber: This player switches their card with another player’s card during the Night Phase. They then look at their new card and assume that role, but take no other action.

Troublemaker: Their Night Phase action is to switch two other players’ cards (neither may be their own). They do not know what cards the players have.

Seer: This role is opened at 7 players. During the Night Phase, the Seer can look at either another player’s card, or 2 of the center cards.

Drunk: Opened at 8 players, but is replaced by the Mason cards at 9 players. During this player’s Night Phase, they switch their card with one card from the center of the table, but they do NOT know the identity of their new card.

Insomniac: This player gets to look at their card again after all other Night Phase actions have been taken. If they are still the Insomniac, nothing happens; otherwise, they assume the role of the card they see. However, if that card has a Night Phase action, they DO NOT take that action.

Tanner: This player’s goal is to die. They have no Night Phase action, but their goal is to get people to vote for them by any means necessary.

You may note that there are more roles than players available. This is deliberate so as to help keep players from knowing the exact setup until after the game has finished. There are 3 extra roles to the number of players in the game, which are known as the ‘center cards’.

Win Conditions

Roles colored green are aligned with the Town, and win if a Werewolf is killed.

Red roles are aligned with the Werewolves, and win if a member of the Town is killed.

The Doppleganger is a role that has its alignment decided when it looks at someone else’s role. If the Doppleganger card is moved, it does not keep what the original Doppleganger saw, and instead becomes a Town-aligned role.

The Tanner is aligned with itself, and wins individually if they are killed. This supersedes all other win conditions - neither Town nor Werewolves, nor any other possible Tanners*, win if a Tanner is lynched.

*With the Doppleganger and Paranormal Investigator roles in effect, it is possible to have more than one Tanner if either role looks at the Tanner, and then their card is not moved for the rest of the game. The Tanners are not allied with each other - rather, they are out for themselves, and thus do not win if another Tanner is lynched.
3bMwIy2.png
Kirk, FR +2
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1542251][img]http://i.imgur.com/XT8p1k9.png[/img][/url] [b]Non-RP Style Mafia[/b]: [size=1]@MathGirl277, @Chaoticreactions, @passingavery, @FunwithaPorpoise, @Tsaiah, @Firo, @Leucoss, @Varikset, @kirkfan2255, @IndigoPi, @ashestoashes, @Stanari, @AureaImperatrix, @Chuck, @wbq, @InuKimi, @OblitusBellum, @WolfSong, @earendils, @DJFeather, @Geoff, @RedDragonD, @FloatingInSpace, @Shadowlugia711, @LordAlois, @Detroness, @Fallencrow, @Mithent, @KathiraNarae, @marchhare, @NekoNikki, @Valheru, @ChaoticKagura, @Nightlock, @Bequerel, @Peroxides, @Imraldera, @Kalideoscope, @ChibiKittens, @Nerasis, @GrimMistress, @Jinkiez, @TanakaTheWarlock, @Blizzardwing, @yogsloth, @ExoticBacoe, @Ravenwolf, @SmolPeridot, @Gwendolyn, @Raya36, @nsts, @FretfulSardines, @Rangiku, @JackalJames, @Silverfrost, @polygone, @Ninjacatblue, @keraunic, @ZolfJKimbleeXME, @Narumitsu, @Elroking, @Kahvinporo, @ophician, @Casiope, @Vipera, @WaterWolf600, @TheSpine, @Shengrila, @WilltayC, @amapup, @MurasakiSama, @Wolfpack1216r, @SmashedFish, @FunFilledWTFery, @Corial, @JohnWatsGoingOn, @WolfSong, @DreamAlex, @CrazyRedFire, @Wintrymix, @MystRunner, @kalhalla, @Holi, @Werelynx, @WynterDragen, @ThisOneIsBlue, @CakeOn, @EccentricElf23, @PandaMimi, @marchhare, @Ambrose, @Beheaded, @tinydobes, @CinnabarCobra, @starseer, @BlueAlphyn885, @Valgami, @clarax, @AnonEclipse, @crateshya, @Percifrax, @TheMemeTeam, @Cacogen, @chiono, @Fortuna, @Duracraft27, @SilverWinter, @Cosmopoeia, @Leremis, @StormDreamer, @Epioth, @Rosetta248, @PaintingWithFire, @Rocnix, @anika, @LittleFirefly, @Craneoflores, @KanayaChopin, @VivaFariy, @Frayxing, @Kapara, @Winterreise, @8uny, @DerpKing52[/size] [center]Please use the [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17ytM1XE4H-Q_y3lBjvWPJXurSbzIy7x8T9XznVeOVTo]IMH Spreadsheet[/url] for the most up-to-date pinglists.[/center] [center][img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IVhM6soTf54/VVIy9ENdYaI/AAAAAAAAABQ/2F2Sajki7NM/s1600/2BWyRjR.png[/img][/center] Hey IMH Hoard ;) Ayo, I haven't hosted this in a while, so I'mma bring it back for another run! 10 slots available for a fun little game that'll only last 3 days!
XT8p1k9.png

Non-RP Style Mafia: @MathGirl277, @Chaoticreactions, @passingavery, @FunwithaPorpoise, @Tsaiah, @Firo, @Leucoss, @Varikset, @kirkfan2255, @IndigoPi, @ashestoashes, @Stanari, @AureaImperatrix, @Chuck, @wbq, @InuKimi, @OblitusBellum, @WolfSong, @earendils, @DJFeather, @Geoff, @RedDragonD, @FloatingInSpace, @Shadowlugia711, @LordAlois, @Detroness, @Fallencrow, @Mithent, @KathiraNarae, @marchhare, @NekoNikki, @Valheru, @ChaoticKagura, @Nightlock, @Bequerel, @Peroxides, @Imraldera, @Kalideoscope, @ChibiKittens, @Nerasis, @GrimMistress, @Jinkiez, @TanakaTheWarlock, @Blizzardwing, @yogsloth, @ExoticBacoe, @Ravenwolf, @SmolPeridot, @Gwendolyn, @Raya36, @nsts, @FretfulSardines, @Rangiku, @JackalJames, @Silverfrost, @polygone, @Ninjacatblue, @keraunic, @ZolfJKimbleeXME, @Narumitsu, @Elroking, @Kahvinporo, @ophician, @Casiope, @Vipera, @WaterWolf600, @TheSpine, @Shengrila, @WilltayC, @amapup, @MurasakiSama, @Wolfpack1216r, @SmashedFish, @FunFilledWTFery, @Corial, @JohnWatsGoingOn, @WolfSong, @DreamAlex, @CrazyRedFire, @Wintrymix, @MystRunner, @kalhalla, @Holi, @Werelynx, @WynterDragen, @ThisOneIsBlue, @CakeOn, @EccentricElf23, @PandaMimi, @marchhare, @Ambrose, @Beheaded, @tinydobes, @CinnabarCobra, @starseer, @BlueAlphyn885, @Valgami, @clarax, @AnonEclipse, @crateshya, @Percifrax, @TheMemeTeam, @Cacogen, @chiono, @Fortuna, @Duracraft27, @SilverWinter, @Cosmopoeia, @Leremis, @StormDreamer, @Epioth, @Rosetta248, @PaintingWithFire, @Rocnix, @anika, @LittleFirefly, @Craneoflores, @KanayaChopin, @VivaFariy, @Frayxing, @Kapara, @Winterreise, @8uny, @DerpKing52
Please use the IMH Spreadsheet for the most up-to-date pinglists.

2BWyRjR.png

Hey IMH Hoard ;)

Ayo, I haven't hosted this in a while, so I'mma bring it back for another run! 10 slots available for a fun little game that'll only last 3 days!
3bMwIy2.png
Kirk, FR +2
@Kirkfan2255 Sign me up! Seems interesting plus I just got chased out of the dog park in another mafia ^^
@Kirkfan2255 Sign me up! Seems interesting plus I just got chased out of the dog park in another mafia ^^
tumblr_px5tx30YX41ta9vl4o2_500.gif
I'm passing on the game but I have to say I love you Metroman!
wddxw3.png
@Raya36
It's very fun ^^ I enjoy playing this with some friends I've made at college here, and it surprisingly adapts well to forum use!
@Raya36
It's very fun ^^ I enjoy playing this with some friends I've made at college here, and it surprisingly adapts well to forum use!
3bMwIy2.png
Kirk, FR +2
@kirkfan2255 Sign me up please :D
@kirkfan2255 Sign me up please :D
7kOUJ79.pngC4op4pY.png7kOUJ79.png
[quote name="@Cognitive" date=2016-10-20 17:16:19] I'm passing on the game but I have to say I love you Metroman! [/quote] -points dramatically- And I love you, Random Citizen!
@Cognitive wrote on 2016-10-20:

-points dramatically-

And I love you, Random Citizen!
3bMwIy2.png
Kirk, FR +2
@kirkfan2255 I'll probably screw up my schedule with this game but honestly I don't even care anymore.

Sign me up!
@kirkfan2255 I'll probably screw up my schedule with this game but honestly I don't even care anymore.

Sign me up!
87337a516c6788c06296d62b6c3208eecc0d4d90.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18