Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GALA] Test Chamber of Ends
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19
[quote name="Leopardmask" date=2016-01-24 20:57:16] So do we choose one of the four possible responses, PM you with which response, and that's what we do? And in order to successfully choose the A response we have to get the math right? [/quote] Yup that's the idea! As long as you send in a response before the deadline of 0500FR we will accept! We are lenient so everyone can have fun! ^.^ All pings have been added up to this point. All pms have been answered as well. Posting Test 2.
Leopardmask wrote on 2016-01-24:
So do we choose one of the four possible responses, PM you with which response, and that's what we do? And in order to successfully choose the A response we have to get the math right?

Yup that's the idea! As long as you send in a response before the deadline of 0500FR we will accept! We are lenient so everyone can have fun! ^.^

All pings have been added up to this point. All pms have been answered as well. Posting Test 2.
zEs98s1.png cSckuMi.png 9d3aa51023.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif
@Xemseige
Please add me to the ping list too please ^u^
@Xemseige
Please add me to the ping list too please ^u^
UrnS5Ig.jpg028_zpsd9qi2ils.png
[center][size=2][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1712261]Intro & Rules[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1712261/1#post_16863120]Prizes[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1712261/1#post_16863212]Links & Pinglist[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1712261/1#post_16863898]Support[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1712261/1#post_16863920]Thanks[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MuhqiHdKiqhqjjblMvchZnB8LNmr_lPnxgd9IWn6pc8/pubhtml]Check Your Progress![/url] | [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1712261/7#post_17188970]Today's Test![/url][/b][/size][/center] [b]Sorry for the confusion. Please pm me if you have any questions![/b] You may use this form if you like: [quote]Your Solution to the Extra Merit: Your Response Choice: [/quote] Please keep in mind the following - there’s only one grand prize winner and one runner up for each of the three endings. - extra merits are designed so that you can guess them - don’t forget that you can ask for hints prior to submitting your answer! Asking for a hint from either SHOVOS or Physics will grant you a hint to their associated ending. [img]http://i.imgur.com/VoRJn1l.png[/img] The snowstorm continues and you are struggling to walk forward. The wind beats down upon you, whipping what little snow dusts the ice and rock around you. It’s all starting to look a bit too treacherous. But this is all just a simulation right? It can’t kill you… right?! “[u]Test 2 entitled Icefall.[/u] Observe: The door to the next chamber is on the other side of this chasm, which you will need to make a jump in order to access. Alpine winds will ensure that you will never make this jump. And between you and this ledge is a sheer drop of unknown depth. After your inevitable failure to close the gap, how long will it take for you to plummet to your death? "I am making humor. "This terminal before you is the False Venefican Generator and is made to mimic (mimicthethoughtprocesses)… the thought processes a proficient Ice dragon goes through to perform its natural sovereignty. You will enjoy this brief taste of domination over the other elements. I dare say that you might become intoxicated by it – as it should. Think of this brief taste of glory as a tease of your coming profit… That is if you defy my odds. "The first phase is the Quiescence Phase, which involves meditation and discipline. The second phase is the Dissociation Phase, which involves concentration and objective scholarly learning. And the third and final phase is the Permanence Phase, which involves becoming indomitable, predictable, and a monolith of the ice. "Your actual question is the following: [br][center][b]Determine which actions to take in the first and second phases to imbue yourself with Ice magic to make the jump. Make sure your order is correct.[/center][/b] "In addition to solving this, for an [u]Extra Merit[/u] please do not destroy the False Venefican Generator. Determine which two actions from within the Dissociation Phase generates the 13 acuity needed to perform Congeal on the testing apparatus. I do not expect outsiders to give up their wasteful ways, but perhaps you are a rare type to be civilized. "Also, Test Subject. You will be happy to learn that the next test-" There is a peculiar pause here, causing you to wonder what exactly is meant. “-involves-involves a partner. They are one of my star pupils. Let this encourage you to do well.” [b]You study the terminal nearby with a holographic screen that seems to combine ice and lightning magic to function. You wonder if this same technology is what powers the simulation.[/b] It says that each phase is can involve 1 to 3 actions each and proceeds to state the following: [br][center][u]Phase 1 – Quiescence: Generate the highest amount of acuity possible in this phase.[/u] [item=Meditate] [item=Discipline] - Meditation generates 2 acuity - Discipline doubles the effect of the action that follows it [u]Phase 2 – Dissociation: Generate no more and no less than 17 acuity in this phase alone.[/u] [item=concentration][item=scholar] - Concentration generates 3 acuity and triples if followed by scholar. - Scholar generates 4 acuity and triples if followed by concentration. [u]Phase 3 – Permanence: The answer seems already frozen in place.[/u] [item=reflect][item=anticipate] Reflect then Anticipate = “Let them know: Never Error, Only Verity.”[/center] It really looks like this generator can really give you a lot of ice magic power. [b]You begin to wonder if you really need to limit your power to just 17[/b], assuming the generator works as SHOVOS said. Maybe if you become the treacherous elements, you’ll pass through to the next test without a scratch! But you’re not sure which is true: that SHOVOS is more proud of her experiments or more entertained by your pain. [u]Responses[/u] W - Answer Question and use the generator to glide across. X - Use [bone multitool] (if you have it) to disrupt the generator and proceed. Y - Destroy generator in hopes of disrupting the projection and proceed. Z - Overload the generator to maximum and simply phase through the door. [br][br][center]@ironpen, @stormdragon, @becsprite, @circustry, @tigressrising, @lunarecho, @candlelit97, @remanlt, @astrologist, @analcaynal, @eialyne, @moonbunny, @Hoshi3Kara, @Syncogon, @Spitfire1701, @stanari, @zelan, @hauntzone, @mithent, @kimdra, @marchhare, @beautifulglitter, @pennifeather, @MissMokushiroku, @rubyredtan, @acheronta, @papergryphon, @Temmith, @unicornssparkle, @eme, @yeahaga[/center]

Sorry for the confusion. Please pm me if you have any questions!

You may use this form if you like:
Quote:
Your Solution to the Extra Merit:
Your Response Choice:

Please keep in mind the following
- there’s only one grand prize winner and one runner up for each of the three endings.
- extra merits are designed so that you can guess them
- don’t forget that you can ask for hints prior to submitting your answer! Asking for a hint from either SHOVOS or Physics will grant you a hint to their associated ending.

VoRJn1l.png

The snowstorm continues and you are struggling to walk forward. The wind beats down upon you, whipping what little snow dusts the ice and rock around you. It’s all starting to look a bit too treacherous. But this is all just a simulation right? It can’t kill you… right?!

Test 2 entitled Icefall. Observe: The door to the next chamber is on the other side of this chasm, which you will need to make a jump in order to access. Alpine winds will ensure that you will never make this jump. And between you and this ledge is a sheer drop of unknown depth. After your inevitable failure to close the gap, how long will it take for you to plummet to your death?

"I am making humor.

"This terminal before you is the False Venefican Generator and is made to mimic (mimicthethoughtprocesses)… the thought processes a proficient Ice dragon goes through to perform its natural sovereignty. You will enjoy this brief taste of domination over the other elements. I dare say that you might become intoxicated by it – as it should. Think of this brief taste of glory as a tease of your coming profit… That is if you defy my odds.

"The first phase is the Quiescence Phase, which involves meditation and discipline. The second phase is the Dissociation Phase, which involves concentration and objective scholarly learning. And the third and final phase is the Permanence Phase, which involves becoming indomitable, predictable, and a monolith of the ice.

"Your actual question is the following:

Determine which actions to take in the first and second phases to imbue yourself with Ice magic to make the jump. Make sure your order is correct.

"In addition to solving this, for an Extra Merit please do not destroy the False Venefican Generator. Determine which two actions from within the Dissociation Phase generates the 13 acuity needed to perform Congeal on the testing apparatus. I do not expect outsiders to give up their wasteful ways, but perhaps you are a rare type to be civilized.

"Also, Test Subject. You will be happy to learn that the next test-" There is a peculiar pause here, causing you to wonder what exactly is meant. “-involves-involves a partner. They are one of my star pupils. Let this encourage you to do well.”

You study the terminal nearby with a holographic screen that seems to combine ice and lightning magic to function. You wonder if this same technology is what powers the simulation.
It says that each phase is can involve 1 to 3 actions each and proceeds to state the following:

Phase 1 – Quiescence: Generate the highest amount of acuity possible in this phase.
Meditate Discipline
- Meditation generates 2 acuity
- Discipline doubles the effect of the action that follows it

Phase 2 – Dissociation: Generate no more and no less than 17 acuity in this phase alone.
Concentration Scholar
- Concentration generates 3 acuity and triples if followed by scholar.
- Scholar generates 4 acuity and triples if followed by concentration.

Phase 3 – Permanence: The answer seems already frozen in place.
Reflect Anticipate
Reflect then Anticipate = “Let them know: Never Error, Only Verity.”

It really looks like this generator can really give you a lot of ice magic power. You begin to wonder if you really need to limit your power to just 17, assuming the generator works as SHOVOS said. Maybe if you become the treacherous elements, you’ll pass through to the next test without a scratch! But you’re not sure which is true: that SHOVOS is more proud of her experiments or more entertained by your pain.

Responses
W - Answer Question and use the generator to glide across.
X - Use [bone multitool] (if you have it) to disrupt the generator and proceed.
Y - Destroy generator in hopes of disrupting the projection and proceed.
Z - Overload the generator to maximum and simply phase through the door.

@HauntZone If you have a question about the mechanics of the game then you can ask me.

For this run of the TCoE, you cannot ask any questions to either SHOVOS or Physics. Instead, you can request hints from either one that can help you solve the question in a way that leads to their ending. I will think about adding that option for next years gala event.
@HauntZone If you have a question about the mechanics of the game then you can ask me.

For this run of the TCoE, you cannot ask any questions to either SHOVOS or Physics. Instead, you can request hints from either one that can help you solve the question in a way that leads to their ending. I will think about adding that option for next years gala event.
Thank you for your patience on this first run of the TCoE! This question is a hard one!

The music playlist has been updated for your listening pleasure!
Thank you for your patience on this first run of the TCoE! This question is a hard one!

The music playlist has been updated for your listening pleasure!
@Xemseige For the extra merit, should we make 13 acuity during the second phase instead of 17, or still go for 17 and then have the 13 be a separate answer?
@Xemseige For the extra merit, should we make 13 acuity during the second phase instead of 17, or still go for 17 and then have the 13 be a separate answer?
@Circustry Still go for 17 and have 13 be a separate answer : )
@Circustry Still go for 17 and have 13 be a separate answer : )
I just figured out how option Z would work. Now I can't decide which to try, W or Z.
I just figured out how option Z would work. Now I can't decide which to try, W or Z.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Xemseige Can I be added to the pinglist? I really enjoy these puzzles. :)
@Xemseige Can I be added to the pinglist? I really enjoy these puzzles. :)
7kOUJ79.pngC4op4pY.png7kOUJ79.png
@xemseige
I would loooove to be on this ping list.

also, if I'm starting a day late, do I start on the first test? or the second? or can I join at all?
@xemseige
I would loooove to be on this ping list.

also, if I'm starting a day late, do I start on the first test? or the second? or can I join at all?
ICEWARDEN_sig.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19