Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Open the Door~
1 2 ... 931 932 933 934 935 ... 1143 1144
(Don't forget to ping, everybody! Don't wanna get skipped!) [center][b]Door 1[/b] We're Not the Only Book Hunters Here @Euasteros [/center] A little bit of lockpicking later, and the door is open. The hunk of tourmaline falls out, and you spot the dragon that left it: a veilspun who seems set on finding a book among some of the piles. They seem rather frustrated and don't appear to have found what they're looking for. Upon your query, they tell you their story and quest to locate a series of magic tomes written by the dragon gods. They seem like they could use a hand in their search! [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77744215][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/777443/77744215p.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][/center] [center][b]Door 2[/b] Plot Expectations Were Not Subverted @TheBeeMafia [/center] With a bit of patience and know-how, you dispel the magic locking mechanism. You open the door, only to find… Oh! All the books. Seriously, [i]all[/i] of them. This must be why it was locked - to keep the best ones protected. They just appear to be normal books, but… ooh. This looks like a good one. Might as well open the cover and get a feel for what it's about… Five hours into the gripping adventure, you look up from the dusty novel and rub your eyes. Phew! That text is too small, you could really have done with glasses to prevent straining. [center][item=Basic book collection][item=Helpful Healer's Reference][item=Intense Attention][/center] [center][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][/center] [center][b]Door 3[/b] I Think There's a Draft In Here @HeavenlyFlesh [/center] You open the door, and are met with a particularly cold breeze. A number of very old half-written papers float off the desk and onto the floor. Yep, it's an old office, and it seems to be kept cold and blustery by some sort of magical enchantment. Ms. Muriel must've been from the Ice Flight. You pore through some of the abandoned belongings. Looks like there are some clean, comfy clothes sealed up tightly in a wardrobe near the back. They look almost untouched. Nice! What's this? A work-in-progress piece on the importance of locking doors in abandoned buildings? Scholarly articles have always struck you as interesting. Well, if you [i]must[/i] read it, then you may as well get as cozy and comfortable as possible. You "borrow" Ms. Muriel's hand-me-downs, light the fireplace, and snuggle into a reading chair. Lucky for you, she left her reading glasses for you, too. [center][item=Copper Halfmoon spectacles][item=dustrunner's arctic gloves][item=dustrunner's arctic boots][item=dustrunner's arctic coat][/center] [center][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][emoji=book 2 size=1][emoji=book size=1][/center] [center][size=4][color=purple]Congrats, everyone! Gifts coming shortly.[/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77744215][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/777443/77744215_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
(Don't forget to ping, everybody! Don't wanna get skipped!)
Door 1
We're Not the Only Book Hunters Here
@Euasteros

A little bit of lockpicking later, and the door is open. The hunk of tourmaline falls out, and you spot the dragon that left it: a veilspun who seems set on finding a book among some of the piles. They seem rather frustrated and don't appear to have found what they're looking for. Upon your query, they tell you their story and quest to locate a series of magic tomes written by the dragon gods. They seem like they could use a hand in their search!
77744215p.png
Door 2
Plot Expectations Were Not Subverted
@TheBeeMafia

With a bit of patience and know-how, you dispel the magic locking mechanism. You open the door, only to find… Oh! All the books. Seriously, all of them. This must be why it was locked - to keep the best ones protected. They just appear to be normal books, but… ooh. This looks like a good one. Might as well open the cover and get a feel for what it's about…

Five hours into the gripping adventure, you look up from the dusty novel and rub your eyes. Phew! That text is too small, you could really have done with glasses to prevent straining.

Basic Book Collection Helpful Healer's Reference Intense Attention
Door 3
I Think There's a Draft In Here
@HeavenlyFlesh

You open the door, and are met with a particularly cold breeze. A number of very old half-written papers float off the desk and onto the floor. Yep, it's an old office, and it seems to be kept cold and blustery by some sort of magical enchantment. Ms. Muriel must've been from the Ice Flight. You pore through some of the abandoned belongings. Looks like there are some clean, comfy clothes sealed up tightly in a wardrobe near the back. They look almost untouched. Nice!

What's this? A work-in-progress piece on the importance of locking doors in abandoned buildings? Scholarly articles have always struck you as interesting. Well, if you must read it, then you may as well get as cozy and comfortable as possible. You "borrow" Ms. Muriel's hand-me-downs, light the fireplace, and snuggle into a reading chair. Lucky for you, she left her reading glasses for you, too.
Copper Halfmoon Spectacles Dustrunner's Arctic Gloves Dustrunner's Arctic Boots Dustrunner's Arctic Coat
Congrats, everyone! Gifts coming shortly.

77744215_350.png
NOzLhf8.pngSB4840m.png584.pngL3kX9f8.pngzB2Ob.gif
(Sweet, thanks a bunch! I'll have new doors up in just a little bit!)
(Sweet, thanks a bunch! I'll have new doors up in just a little bit!)

OZNlc.gif___

Lucky | He/him
Check out Lucky Stones Hatchery & the "A Sect Reborn" Kingdomlocke!
< Click my babies?
___ULP7eHd.png
[center][size=4]Within the Crescent Isle Stronghold...[/size] [i]A massive structure looms above as you slip through the ruined gate into the grounds of the Crescent Isle Stronghold. The rooms and corridors within are like a maze; some walls are constructed of ancient stone, while others seem to have been erected much more recently and in haphazard fashion. You wander aimlessly, entranced even though you're not sure what you're looking for. [/i] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [b]Door 1: [/b] This heavy wooden door is set deeply within a thick stone wall. The stones that form the frame are carved with complex runes and symbols, and the telltale prickle of frost dances across your skin when you get too close. The threshold is lightly sprinkled with straw that crunches under your feet at you approach. Though the door's obvious weight is intimidating, the iron hinges are well-maintained and look almost new, giving you the impression that it would swing open easily. [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [b]Door 2: [/b] A strong breeze whistles around the jamb of this wooden door that seems to strain to keep closed against the gale; it is helped by several massive chains that creak and scrape against the stone around it with each gust. Every now and then, a bright flash of brilliant golden light gleams from the crack at the bottom of the door, followed by a wave of heat that cascades up your body. You have no idea how you might go about opening the door, but it intrigues you nonetheless. [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [b]Door 3: [/b] This small door is found on the outside wall of the fortress. Crafted of thin metal, it seems like it would be easy to kick down, but you don't really want to get close to it for some reason. Thick, thorny vines wend their way up the stone beside it, some even creeping through the barred window towards the top of the door. You peek through this window from as far back as you can manage; the room beyond is pitch black, so much so that the darkness almost seems to creep outwards, using the vines as ropes to pull itself towards you. [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1][/center]
Within the Crescent Isle Stronghold...

A massive structure looms above as you slip through the ruined gate into the grounds of the Crescent Isle Stronghold. The rooms and corridors within are like a maze; some walls are constructed of ancient stone, while others seem to have been erected much more recently and in haphazard fashion. You wander aimlessly, entranced even though you're not sure what you're looking for.

Door 1:
This heavy wooden door is set deeply within a thick stone wall. The stones that form the frame are carved with complex runes and symbols, and the telltale prickle of frost dances across your skin when you get too close. The threshold is lightly sprinkled with straw that crunches under your feet at you approach. Though the door's obvious weight is intimidating, the iron hinges are well-maintained and look almost new, giving you the impression that it would swing open easily.

Door 2:
A strong breeze whistles around the jamb of this wooden door that seems to strain to keep closed against the gale; it is helped by several massive chains that creak and scrape against the stone around it with each gust. Every now and then, a bright flash of brilliant golden light gleams from the crack at the bottom of the door, followed by a wave of heat that cascades up your body. You have no idea how you might go about opening the door, but it intrigues you nonetheless.

Door 3:
This small door is found on the outside wall of the fortress. Crafted of thin metal, it seems like it would be easy to kick down, but you don't really want to get close to it for some reason. Thick, thorny vines wend their way up the stone beside it, some even creeping through the barred window towards the top of the door. You peek through this window from as far back as you can manage; the room beyond is pitch black, so much so that the darkness almost seems to creep outwards, using the vines as ropes to pull itself towards you.

OZNlc.gif___

Lucky | He/him
< Click my babies?
___ULP7eHd.png
Door 1, please!
Door 1, please!

92n1dwB.png
4LIgWCz.png
rI18gRz.png
7FPB55S.png
t3Y2mF7.png
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.pngYw8EvNQ.png
VpMOGhK.png
7fFdbks.png
JMjFoSS.png
@Euasteros Door 2 for me, please!
@Euasteros Door 2 for me, please!
@Euasteros I'll take door three then, please c:
@Euasteros I'll take door three then, please c:
[center] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] @Scintillia [b]Door 1:[/b] You push the door, which, as you expected, swings open with almost no resistance. It doesn't even creak as it reveals a large stone chamber beyond, dimly lit by flickering lanterns. The room is chilled by magic, and you shiver as you step over the threshold; it is clearly some kind of storeroom, though it's been ransacked, crates and barrels broken and tossed aside. You peer into the one untouched crate and find a packet of food with an attached note. It reads: [i]Sorry for the mess, dear reader! Take these as an apology; they're the only ones I didn't like.[/i] [item=Frostbite Beetle]x20[item=Blackwing Croaker Leg]x20[item=Dogtooth Wrasse]x20[item=Sunbeam Rotala]x20 [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] @TheFlyCatcher [b]Door 2:[/b] You have to pull and heave at the chains around this door for several minutes before they begin to give way, the stone holding them to the doorjamb eventually crumbling to dust. The chains fall to the floor and the door bursts open with a forceful jet of warm air that blows you right off your feet; you hit the floor with a jarring thud, and look up to see a harried Banescale scrabbling his way out of the gale and through the door. Once he's firmly planted on the stone, he viciously slams the door behind him with his foot, and the sound of whipping wind abruptly stops. He looks down at you for a moment before lowering his gaze to your level. "Thank you for assisting me," he says. "I will join you on your travels, if you will have me." [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65349814][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/653499/65349814_350.png[/img][/url] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] @WitheredFox [b]Door 3:[/b] It takes you several minutes to muster the courage needed to approach this menacing door, but your curiosity bests your caution in the end. You tiptoe closer and reach for the handle, but before you can grab it the door swings open of it's own accord with an earsplitting shriek of rusted metal hinges. You shudder at the sound and push forward into the darkness, lighting a match to guide you; the room beyond is nothing more than a tiny stone cell, craggy walls occasionally marred by long, deep scratches. A pedestal in the middle of the space holds a black bundle, and you rush to grab it, wanting something, [i]anything [/i]to make this horrible experience worth it. As you turn to leave, however, a wail even more terrifying than the creak of the door seems to emanate from the very stones around you, and you break into a sprint, clutching your prize to your chest as you leave the room far behind you. [item=Bramble Mantle] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] Thanks for participating in my first post on this thread! Gifts coming by one-way trade shortly![/center]

@Scintillia

Door 1:
You push the door, which, as you expected, swings open with almost no resistance. It doesn't even creak as it reveals a large stone chamber beyond, dimly lit by flickering lanterns. The room is chilled by magic, and you shiver as you step over the threshold; it is clearly some kind of storeroom, though it's been ransacked, crates and barrels broken and tossed aside. You peer into the one untouched crate and find a packet of food with an attached note. It reads:

Sorry for the mess, dear reader! Take these as an apology; they're the only ones I didn't like.

Frostbite Beetle x20 Blackwing Croaker Leg x20 Dogtooth Wrasse x20 Sunbeam Rotala x20

@TheFlyCatcher

Door 2:
You have to pull and heave at the chains around this door for several minutes before they begin to give way, the stone holding them to the doorjamb eventually crumbling to dust. The chains fall to the floor and the door bursts open with a forceful jet of warm air that blows you right off your feet; you hit the floor with a jarring thud, and look up to see a harried Banescale scrabbling his way out of the gale and through the door. Once he's firmly planted on the stone, he viciously slams the door behind him with his foot, and the sound of whipping wind abruptly stops. He looks down at you for a moment before lowering his gaze to your level.

"Thank you for assisting me," he says. "I will join you on your travels, if you will have me."

65349814_350.png

@WitheredFox

Door 3:
It takes you several minutes to muster the courage needed to approach this menacing door, but your curiosity bests your caution in the end. You tiptoe closer and reach for the handle, but before you can grab it the door swings open of it's own accord with an earsplitting shriek of rusted metal hinges. You shudder at the sound and push forward into the darkness, lighting a match to guide you; the room beyond is nothing more than a tiny stone cell, craggy walls occasionally marred by long, deep scratches. A pedestal in the middle of the space holds a black bundle, and you rush to grab it, wanting something, anything to make this horrible experience worth it. As you turn to leave, however, a wail even more terrifying than the creak of the door seems to emanate from the very stones around you, and you break into a sprint, clutching your prize to your chest as you leave the room far behind you.

Bramble Mantle

Thanks for participating in my first post on this thread! Gifts coming by one-way trade shortly!

OZNlc.gif___

Lucky | He/him
< Click my babies?
___ULP7eHd.png
Wow, I got lucky today! I'll post the next doors in the morning! Thank you, @Euasteros!
Wow, I got lucky today! I'll post the next doors in the morning! Thank you, @Euasteros!
(Here's a brief one! Sorry for the wait. Don't forget to ping me if you claim a door!) [center][b]Coldwater Cape Islet[/b][/center] You find yourself treasure hunting once again, this time in search of stuff buried in the sands of a tiny temperate islet just off the coast into the Sea of a Thousand Currents. Following the calls of a Tradewinds Gull, you find a shipwreck. Inside the captain's quarters, there are three doors. [b]Door 1[/b] is a light-colored wooden door with an elegant carving of a birch tree upon it. There's no handle and the hinges are rusted shut, but there is a little glass-less peephole with a... is that a latch? A locking mechanism? It's hard to tell from the other side, but you're pretty sure. [b]Door 2[/b] is sort of tiny - possibly spiral-sized - and swings on some hinges from the top. There's little bits of broken coral and seashells scattered around the floor in front of it, and you can hear a faint chirping coming from within. [b]Door 3[/b] is heavily protected under lock and key. In theory. There are boards all over it, and little gold chains are mounted all over it. The chains look sturdy, but would probably come off if you just unscrewed them from the wall. Somebody really doesn't want anybody entering... or exiting. Too bad they're not great at handiwork. [center][emoji=seashell size=1][/center]
(Here's a brief one! Sorry for the wait. Don't forget to ping me if you claim a door!)
Coldwater Cape Islet

You find yourself treasure hunting once again, this time in search of stuff buried in the sands of a tiny temperate islet just off the coast into the Sea of a Thousand Currents. Following the calls of a Tradewinds Gull, you find a shipwreck. Inside the captain's quarters, there are three doors.

Door 1 is a light-colored wooden door with an elegant carving of a birch tree upon it. There's no handle and the hinges are rusted shut, but there is a little glass-less peephole with a... is that a latch? A locking mechanism? It's hard to tell from the other side, but you're pretty sure.

Door 2 is sort of tiny - possibly spiral-sized - and swings on some hinges from the top. There's little bits of broken coral and seashells scattered around the floor in front of it, and you can hear a faint chirping coming from within.

Door 3 is heavily protected under lock and key. In theory. There are boards all over it, and little gold chains are mounted all over it. The chains look sturdy, but would probably come off if you just unscrewed them from the wall. Somebody really doesn't want anybody entering... or exiting. Too bad they're not great at handiwork.
@TheFlyCatcher
ooo, may I take door three please? :0
@TheFlyCatcher
ooo, may I take door three please? :0
1 2 ... 931 932 933 934 935 ... 1143 1144