Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Flirt with a Dragon -- Lair Game~!
1 2 ... 587 588 589 590 591 ... 734 735
[center]@SugarRose22 Sorry for the wait! Hopefully this will do! Tropica [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49552016] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/495521/49552016_350.png[/img] [/url] And Nile! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45244693] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/452447/45244693_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]He had only briefly ventured out of Clan Territory when something large and colourful caught his eye.. Something coloured GOLD- Nile was instantly captivated and had swam to the nearby shore.. When he got closer he couldn't believe his eyes.. Oh sweet Tide, she was beautiful.. He HAD to introduce himself!-- Although she was an Imperial, aka; bigger than his own house.. But still! "Ah.. E-Excuse me?" Nile meekly squeaked up at the wonderfully Gold beauty.. And after a moment she noticed him, Tide be praised! This was his chance, he gingerly flaps his wings and flutters up to her eye level "I'd hate to.. Trouble you, Miss.. However I couldn't help but notice y-your..." His cheeks dust a deep blue, causing the Golden Beauty to most likely chuckle "Your.. Colours and.. Body pattern..... Gold is my favourite colour, you see-" He stammers, his crests flattening to his neck. Nile did indeed ADORE the colour Gold, it was part of his life. After a moment of embarrassment Nile continues, looking up at the Golden beauty again "I was just- Wondering if I could trouble you for perhaps- Your name and.. Maybe even a few... Minutes.. Of your time? I-I could even bring you a- Gift?" He says with a hopeful gleam in his eyes. Truly he had gone insane, this majestic Goddess was far larger than him, he could easily splay himself across her snout and he'd barely cover her face. But it seemed she was somewhat impressed and amused by the tiny Fae's bravery when attempting to court her. 'Tropica'.. What a wonderful name.. It rolled off his tongue in gentle waves, and he had never felt more content with a name like that before "Y-You have a beautiful name! It truly s-suits a Mistress such as yourself.." He mumbles. Nile was currently resting on the ground, Tropica having been bashfully asked to sit with him, of course she had to lie down so she wouldn't make the poor boy more nervous. And there they rested for a while, Nile shyly working his charm on the Golden, albeit large, beauty. Before they had parted ways he had even plucked up the courage to gently peck at one of her claws in a vain [albeit adorable] attempt to kiss her hand like a true gentleman.. Nile had promised to meet her again right there in a few days and bring her the most luxurious gift he could plunder from the Ocean.. He really hoped this would work out, he really did adore the colour Gold.. ----- [b][u]PLEASE ONLY CHOOSE DRAGONS FROM MY FIRST PAGE! <3
@SugarRose22

Sorry for the wait! Hopefully this will do!

Tropica

49552016_350.png

And Nile!

45244693_350.png

He had only briefly ventured out of Clan Territory when something large and colourful caught his eye.. Something coloured GOLD- Nile was instantly captivated and had swam to the nearby shore..

When he got closer he couldn't believe his eyes.. Oh sweet Tide, she was beautiful.. He HAD to introduce himself!-- Although she was an Imperial, aka; bigger than his own house.. But still!

"Ah.. E-Excuse me?" Nile meekly squeaked up at the wonderfully Gold beauty.. And after a moment she noticed him, Tide be praised! This was his chance, he gingerly flaps his wings and flutters up to her eye level "I'd hate to.. Trouble you, Miss.. However I couldn't help but notice y-your..." His cheeks dust a deep blue, causing the Golden Beauty to most likely chuckle "Your.. Colours and.. Body pattern..... Gold is my favourite colour, you see-" He stammers, his crests flattening to his neck. Nile did indeed ADORE the colour Gold, it was part of his life.

After a moment of embarrassment Nile continues, looking up at the Golden beauty again "I was just- Wondering if I could trouble you for perhaps- Your name and.. Maybe even a few... Minutes.. Of your time? I-I could even bring you a- Gift?" He says with a hopeful gleam in his eyes. Truly he had gone insane, this majestic Goddess was far larger than him, he could easily splay himself across her snout and he'd barely cover her face. But it seemed she was somewhat impressed and amused by the tiny Fae's bravery when attempting to court her.

'Tropica'.. What a wonderful name.. It rolled off his tongue in gentle waves, and he had never felt more content with a name like that before "Y-You have a beautiful name! It truly s-suits a Mistress such as yourself.." He mumbles. Nile was currently resting on the ground, Tropica having been bashfully asked to sit with him, of course she had to lie down so she wouldn't make the poor boy more nervous.

And there they rested for a while, Nile shyly working his charm on the Golden, albeit large, beauty. Before they had parted ways he had even plucked up the courage to gently peck at one of her claws in a vain [albeit adorable] attempt to kiss her hand like a true gentleman.. Nile had promised to meet her again right there in a few days and bring her the most luxurious gift he could plunder from the Ocean..

He really hoped this would work out, he really did adore the colour Gold..

PLEASE ONLY CHOOSE DRAGONS FROM MY FIRST PAGE! <3
Magia_dell_acqua_png_simbolo.png
Snow | FR +8 | She/Her | 20
Art shop! [WIP]
Wishlist!
Who's incubating?aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

VDu6Xk8.gif
[center]@SnowFl8keAnge1 [s]claiming! I'll get this done some time today aaaa [/s] I hope its okay aaaaa feel free to use this in his bio! Just credit me if ya do <3 _________ Your mechanic Nightingale [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41592051] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/415921/41592051_350.png[/img] [/url] Caught the eye of my Pyro-alchemist Lucrest! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48776493] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/487765/48776493_350.png[/img] [/url] _________ The sounds of tinkering and soft murmurs had caught Lucrest's attention almost immediately, her acute hearing picking up the sounds even whilst flying over water. She decided to stick around, given that she didn't have anything else to do at that moment anyway (apart from gathering a few minerals, but those she could find on this beach most likely). After circling the sandy expanse a while longer, the fiery fae landed with no noise at all, folding her wings and sniffing around the rocks whilst waiting for the source of the previous sounds to reveal itself. And, luckily, she didn't wait long. After roughly ten minutes, a dark colored fae emerged from the water, shaking himself off and sighing with a look over his shoulder. This is when Lucrest was able to take a better gander at the small dragon; a male, she now saw, and covered in brilliantly made armor. She spotted a few scars too, and assumed he was a warrior of sorts straight away- however, the wrench at his side was enough to tell her otherwise. A tinker? Mechanic? Whatever it may be, she was already fascinated. She had always been a sucker for machines- but was not the best at making them. Deciding that she had spent enough time gawking (and closing her small jaws upon realizing that she had been quite literally staring with an open mouth), Luc decided to approach the male. She raised her hand in greeting, the halo that usually accompanied her being dimmed down so as to not draw too much attention.[i] "I'm not usually one to intrude, or be this nosey- actually I'm always nosey-... Oh! Um, anyway- I was going to ask- are you some sort of mechanic by any chance?"[/i]. Her frills shook a bit in excitement upon hearing his yes. [i]"Wonderful! And, can I, maybe, like-... Ask you things? About machines? And gizmos? And gears and springs and..."[/i] She droned on like that for quite a bit, hoping deep down that the other Fae (whom she learnt was called Nightingale- [i]"a splendid name! I love birds!"[/i]) wasn't too bothered by her curiosities. ------------- NP: only my main tab please! And preferably not the first page, as most are OCs/Fandergs <3[/center]
@SnowFl8keAnge1
claiming! I'll get this done some time today aaaa

I hope its okay aaaaa
feel free to use this in his bio! Just credit me if ya do <3

_________

Your mechanic Nightingale

41592051_350.png

Caught the eye of my Pyro-alchemist Lucrest!

48776493_350.png

_________

The sounds of tinkering and soft murmurs had caught Lucrest's attention almost immediately, her acute hearing picking up the sounds even whilst flying over water. She decided to stick around, given that she didn't have anything else to do at that moment anyway (apart from gathering a few minerals, but those she could find on this beach most likely). After circling the sandy expanse a while longer, the fiery fae landed with no noise at all, folding her wings and sniffing around the rocks whilst waiting for the source of the previous sounds to reveal itself.

And, luckily, she didn't wait long. After roughly ten minutes, a dark colored fae emerged from the water, shaking himself off and sighing with a look over his shoulder. This is when Lucrest was able to take a better gander at the small dragon; a male, she now saw, and covered in brilliantly made armor. She spotted a few scars too, and assumed he was a warrior of sorts straight away- however, the wrench at his side was enough to tell her otherwise. A tinker? Mechanic? Whatever it may be, she was already fascinated. She had always been a sucker for machines- but was not the best at making them.

Deciding that she had spent enough time gawking (and closing her small jaws upon realizing that she had been quite literally staring with an open mouth), Luc decided to approach the male. She raised her hand in greeting, the halo that usually accompanied her being dimmed down so as to not draw too much attention. "I'm not usually one to intrude, or be this nosey- actually I'm always nosey-... Oh! Um, anyway- I was going to ask- are you some sort of mechanic by any chance?". Her frills shook a bit in excitement upon hearing his yes. "Wonderful! And, can I, maybe, like-... Ask you things? About machines? And gizmos? And gears and springs and..."

She droned on like that for quite a bit, hoping deep down that the other Fae (whom she learnt was called Nightingale- "a splendid name! I love birds!") wasn't too bothered by her curiosities.

NP: only my main tab please! And preferably not the first page, as most are OCs/Fandergs <3
K2tKfjg.png Kyuu || Polish || They/Them || FR +9
» Wishlist
» Digital Art Shop / Chibi art shop
» MoodBoards (PWYW)
» The Cult of Mor (join us)
claim oh no I suck at writing and its 1 am what am I doing @KyuuBird your Bialozor [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44796018] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/447961/44796018_350.png[/img] [/url] has caught the attention of my Krampus [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47967119] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/479672/47967119_350.png[/img] [/url] ----- Krampus decided to take a walk in the snow when he found a single black and white feather. He looked at it in curiosity. "What could have left this feather behind?" he thought to himself. There's not alot of things that are alive where Krampus lives. He decided to track down the dragon that had dropped the feather. With the feather in his claws he flew above the snow, searching for the dragon. That's when he saw movement in the snow. He quickly flew down to see what it was but only found a rabbit, so he continued to search. After a while he saw another thing moving in the snow and this time it was the dragon. He stumbled upon Bialozor and at first she seemed startled by Krampus' sudden appearance but he showed that he was no threat . They talked for a while and seemed to enjoy eachother's company and decided to go to Krampus' lair where they watched the fire crackle while sharing winterbelles and snowfall elks.
claim
oh no I suck at writing and its 1 am what am I doing
@KyuuBird
your Bialozor

44796018_350.png

has caught the attention of my Krampus

47967119_350.png

Krampus decided to take a walk in the snow when he found a single black and white feather. He looked at it in curiosity. "What could have left this feather behind?" he thought to himself. There's not alot of things that are alive where Krampus lives. He decided to track down the dragon that had dropped the feather. With the feather in his claws he flew above the snow, searching for the dragon. That's when he saw movement in the snow. He quickly flew down to see what it was but only found a rabbit, so he continued to search. After a while he saw another thing moving in the snow and this time it was the dragon. He stumbled upon Bialozor and at first she seemed startled by Krampus' sudden appearance but he showed that he was no threat . They talked for a while and seemed to enjoy eachother's company and decided to go to Krampus' lair where they watched the fire crackle while sharing winterbelles and snowfall elks.
akueye3.png
@Knoxxi Carnival dates are always fun, right? And in no way angsty? (Sorry if anyone's out of character, and that this ran so long! I hope you enjoy this anyways. c:) [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42433860][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/424339/42433860.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45427251][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/454273/45427251.png[/img][/url][/center] There were so many wonderful things on the surface, and carnivals were among one of Neptune's favorites. He loved the show, the flashing lights, the illusions, the stunt artists laughing in defiance at the threat of death. How couldn't he adore it? And so, when he heard that a circus he had never heard of before would be traveling close by his clan, well. The only proper thing to do was buy a ticket. This Wisp Fire Carnival had all the well-practiced tropes that he enjoyed. The performance was normal enough until the 'circus freak' act, where the lights swirled purple and orange, illuminating a strange beast that soared above the audience. [i]"That's a pretty good costume."[/i] Someone close by him whispered, before recoiling in awe at the saffron sparks that surrounded it's body. Neptune held his tongue, only taking a closer look as the beast soared back around - the costume was indeed well-made. He could see no stitches, or even quite tell where the costume ended and the Tundra's real fur began. It... was a costume, right? Perhaps aided by illusion magic? The beast slowed it's flight, hovering not ten feet away from the Coatl and curling back it's lip in a snarl. They made eye contact for a moment before it spiraled back down towards the stage, where a Mirror waited with a toothy, confident grin. "Ladies and gentlemen," He called out, "You need not fear! Every beast can be tamed, no matter how fierce or feral. For example-" (He stuck his head in the Tundra's(?) mouth to illustrate that point, but Neptune wasn't quite listening, for some reason he couldn't quite place. He spent the rest of the circus act watching in a disconnected daze, frowning softly from his spot in the stands. There was something he'd seen in the creature's fiery eyes. He couldn't place it, but he knew he didn't like it.) [center]_________________________________[/center] He had slipped away shortly after the main show had concluded, finding his way to the smaller stalls, less busy and more out of the way. He drifted towards a Pearlcatcher who was talking to someone out of sight, only to abruptly stop when she caught sight of the Coatl. "Hello there." Neptune said pleasantly, giving a gracious smile. She was a seer, allegedly. Granted, he knew that oracles were real - his brother was one - but his experience of finding genuine oracles at carnivals... well. Suffice to say, he didn't have the highest success rate. "Charlie, right?" Nevertheless, there wasn't any harm in a little reading. It didn't hurt to get into the spirit of things. And besides, it might help clear the fog that had settled over his mind. "Welcome to my little corner of Wisp Fire." She intoned neutrally, though not unkindly, staring directly at him despite the cloak over her eyes. "You seek a glimpse into your future, yes?" "I suppose it couldn't hurt." He teased lightly. He was halfway through formulating a question when something caught his eye - a shift of movement in the cage behind her, and suddenly he abandoned that train of thought. "Er. I'm sorry, would you mind if I came right back?" Charlie didn't respond, merely shaking her head. She paid him no further mind as he wandered towards the edge of the cage, where a familiar face turned to face him. "Your act was quite impressive." Neptune said with a gentle smile, before catching himself. "Ah. I'm so sorry, are you still in character?" The creature grunted and turned away, the smoke burning off his fur seeming to grow in intensity for just a moment. He could feel the heat, even from this side of the bars, and Neptune's smile faded. "That isn't a costume, is it?" Silence greeted him again, and a worrying possibility dawned on the siren: "... do you... want to be here? I'm sorry if I'm wrong, I know it must be against policy to break character, but I wanted to make sure-" Make sure of what? He didn't even know how he planned on finishing that sentence. "... make sure you were alright." He finished lamely, sounding a bit meeker, a bit more vulnerable, than he had in a long while. The creature turned back towards him, meeting the Coatl's gaze with a single orange eye. "Leave." He spat, the heat still growing in intensity as he stalked towards the bars. "I don't care for empty words." And, lost for what else to do, Neptune stumbled back and obeyed. Until tomorrow. [center]____________________________________________[/center] He didn't bother attending the main act today. Really, he'd sneaked into the carnival in the first place. Normally he would have felt guilty, but there was something he'd seen that gave him... reservations, about supporting this circus financially. He had to admit, it was a bit electrifying to be breaking rules and sneaking around where he wasn't supposed to be. A playful smile crossed his face as he approached Charlie and the creature again, though to his surprise, the Pearlcatcher wasn't attending her stand. She was slipping pieces of hotdog between the bars, which the creature scoffed up greedily. (No, that wasn't fair to say. The poor thing was probably starving.) Charlie stiffened as she heard Neptune approach, the ghost of a smile crossing her face. "I should have seen this coming." She joked lightly, though there was a dark undercurrent to her tone that Neptune didn't like. "Alright. How many gems to keep you from telling the boss?" She was only mostly joking, the siren realized, and he shot what he hoped would be a reassuring smile. "Ha. Don't worry, I won't tell if you don't." He promised, slinging a bag off his shoulder. He pulled out a couple pieces of red meat, wrinkling his nose a bit - should've thought this one through a bit better, his stuff would smell like meat for the next month. Still, he quietly slipped it through the bars, shooting a grin at the creature. It was all gone in under a minute, which would have been impressive if it wasn't a bit sad. The creature side eyed Neptune once more, narrowing his eyes. "What do you want in return, Coatl? Because you aren't getting it." He huffed, and Neptune rolled his eyes. "Gods, I'm a better negotiator than that. If I was trying to get something, I wouldn't have given up my leverage first." He teased lightly, though the beast's expression grew a bit confused. Neptune softened, just a tad. "Don't worry about it. Really, just a gift." He paused, then, considering. "But... if you wanted to tell me your name, I wouldn't complain. Is Zowu a stage name?" The lion-like creature shook his head. "No. I am Zowu." Still not very talkative, huh? The Coatl laid down next to the cage, an elusive smile on his face. "Well, my name's Neptune. I used to be a siren, but then I learned that there are so many interesting things on shore. Like fruit, and fire, and my clan. And board games! Could never have those in the ocean, the cardboard would get all soggy. And I drowned anyone who might have agreed to play them." Zowu tilted his head, as if trying to tell whether Neptune was joking or not. The Coatl's smile grew a bit sadder. "Yeah. I have a lot to make up for. Sorry, I... shouldn't have said that." "No." Zowu intoned. "I don't really care. Those things sound nice. You're lucky." "I am." Neptune agreed, tucking his wings against his body. "We should hang out sometime. Go to some gourmet meat and seafood restaurant, bring board games, maybe some fruit and flowers. I think it'd be fun, if you'd like to." And Zowu smiled, for the first time, one that seemed to have more sadness than malice in it. "That does sound nice. Though, it isn't possible." Neptune was quiet for a long, long moment. "You're stuck here, aren't you?" Zowu only nodded in confirmation, leaning against the cage. Neptune breathed through his teeth, thinking for a long, long moment. He turned towards Charlie and gave a weak smile. "Hey. If I do something really, really stupid, you won't tell anyone, right?" The Pearlcatcher laughed, despite herself. "I guess that's only fair, since you didn't tell on me." Neptune quite liked her, once the all-knowing oracle act was switched off. With a sly smile, she handed him a key. "You seem clever. Maybe you'll be able to find a way. I doubt it, but it's worth a shot, isn't it?" Neptune took the key in mild awe, casting a glance between the two of them. Zowu watched with barely cloaked interest, while the seer seemed to be enjoying the siren's surprise. "Run like hell." She advised, turning back to her stall and turning her back to the two of them. The Coatl looked over his shoulder, making sure no one was looking, before he slipped the key into the keyhole and swung the door open without a sound. "Let's go." He winked at Zowu. "We've got a date to go on." Despite himself, the beast paled. "Wait, that was a date-?" And Neptune laughed, shaking his head. "Just teasing. C'mon, let's go." The outskirts of the circus was quiet, and twilight was starting to fall. Neptune advised that they walked instead of flew, since it would draw less attention. The two walked silently through a field of tall grass, as the Wisp Fire Carnival grew smaller and smaller on the horizon. There was a magic in the air that Neptune couldn't quite place, but decided to ignore, hoping it would pass in time. "You don't actually have to hang out with me. I wanted to make sure you knew that." Neptune teased gently. "You can do anything. I won't be mad if you want to go our separate ways. Meeting you was nice regardless." Zowu was quiet, still, and there was a growing weight in the air that turned the Coatl's stomach. "No," Zowu started, "I would like to join you for "board games". I would like that quite a lot, Neptune." He said softly. "But I'm afraid I can't." Neptune frowned, puzzled. "It's your choice, of course." He responded, giving a nod and what he hoped was a comforting, though fake, smile. And Zowu returned it, shaking his head. "No. It really isn't." The world burst into purple strands of magic, twisting into the shape of a paper thin wall. Neptune cautiously put a paw against it, feeling himself slip through with no resistance, while Zowu simply stood there. The lion-like creature took a few steps back to get a running start, sprinting towards the barrier and slamming himself against it with all his might. The creature was sent sprawling, and suddenly Neptune understood. Zowu heaved himself back to his feet, looking at the Coatl through the wall. "It's a binding spell." He explained. "I can only go a certain distance from wherever the carnival is currently set up." He chuckled, low and dark. "Somehow, I hoped this time would be different. That was stupid of me." He echoed himself after a long moment where neither of them spoke. "I lied to you. I don't really know why. Maybe I just wanted to pretend the future would be different from the past, just for a little while." Zowu shook his head, scoffing and digging his claws into the soft soil. "... That was cruel of me. Go home, Neptune." Neptune furrowed his brow. "No, there- no. This isn't goodbye. I'm going to find a way to break the spell. Okay? You'll see me again." He felt his throat dry, wondering whether Zowu had heard words like his a dozen times over, or never heard them at all. He wasn't sure which was worse. "I'll- I'll come up with a plan, for next time the circus is in town. Just hang in there a little longer." Zowu smiled gently, and Neptune knew that the beast didn't believe him. He couldn't really blame him, either. That was okay. Talk was cheap. It didn't really make a difference in the end, right? He would be back. He would come back. "Goodbye, Neptune." He said, and there was a note of finality in his voice. Neptune didn't like it. "I'm serious." He said airily, walking back across the barrier and leaning against Zowu in a draconian imitation of a hug. "You owe me a date." He reminded him, a playful smile crossing his face despite the tears in his eyes. And Neptune spread his wings, making a quick pace back home. Talk was cheap, and there were things he had to do.
@Knoxxi

Carnival dates are always fun, right?
And in no way angsty?
(Sorry if anyone's out of character, and that this ran so long! I hope you enjoy this anyways. c:)
42433860.png45427251.png

There were so many wonderful things on the surface, and carnivals were among one of Neptune's favorites. He loved the show, the flashing lights, the illusions, the stunt artists laughing in defiance at the threat of death. How couldn't he adore it? And so, when he heard that a circus he had never heard of before would be traveling close by his clan, well. The only proper thing to do was buy a ticket.

This Wisp Fire Carnival had all the well-practiced tropes that he enjoyed. The performance was normal enough until the 'circus freak' act, where the lights swirled purple and orange, illuminating a strange beast that soared above the audience. "That's a pretty good costume." Someone close by him whispered, before recoiling in awe at the saffron sparks that surrounded it's body.

Neptune held his tongue, only taking a closer look as the beast soared back around - the costume was indeed well-made. He could see no stitches, or even quite tell where the costume ended and the Tundra's real fur began. It... was a costume, right? Perhaps aided by illusion magic? The beast slowed it's flight, hovering not ten feet away from the Coatl and curling back it's lip in a snarl.

They made eye contact for a moment before it spiraled back down towards the stage, where a Mirror waited with a toothy, confident grin. "Ladies and gentlemen," He called out, "You need not fear! Every beast can be tamed, no matter how fierce or feral. For example-"

(He stuck his head in the Tundra's(?) mouth to illustrate that point, but Neptune wasn't quite listening, for some reason he couldn't quite place. He spent the rest of the circus act watching in a disconnected daze, frowning softly from his spot in the stands.

There was something he'd seen in the creature's fiery eyes. He couldn't place it, but he knew he didn't like it.)

He had slipped away shortly after the main show had concluded, finding his way to the smaller stalls, less busy and more out of the way. He drifted towards a Pearlcatcher who was talking to someone out of sight, only to abruptly stop when she caught sight of the Coatl.

"Hello there." Neptune said pleasantly, giving a gracious smile. She was a seer, allegedly. Granted, he knew that oracles were real - his brother was one - but his experience of finding genuine oracles at carnivals... well. Suffice to say, he didn't have the highest success rate. "Charlie, right?"

Nevertheless, there wasn't any harm in a little reading. It didn't hurt to get into the spirit of things. And besides, it might help clear the fog that had settled over his mind. "Welcome to my little corner of Wisp Fire." She intoned neutrally, though not unkindly, staring directly at him despite the cloak over her eyes. "You seek a glimpse into your future, yes?"

"I suppose it couldn't hurt." He teased lightly. He was halfway through formulating a question when something caught his eye - a shift of movement in the cage behind her, and suddenly he abandoned that train of thought. "Er. I'm sorry, would you mind if I came right back?"

Charlie didn't respond, merely shaking her head. She paid him no further mind as he wandered towards the edge of the cage, where a familiar face turned to face him. "Your act was quite impressive." Neptune said with a gentle smile, before catching himself. "Ah. I'm so sorry, are you still in character?"

The creature grunted and turned away, the smoke burning off his fur seeming to grow in intensity for just a moment. He could feel the heat, even from this side of the bars, and Neptune's smile faded. "That isn't a costume, is it?" Silence greeted him again, and a worrying possibility dawned on the siren:

"... do you... want to be here? I'm sorry if I'm wrong, I know it must be against policy to break character, but I wanted to make sure-" Make sure of what? He didn't even know how he planned on finishing that sentence. "... make sure you were alright." He finished lamely, sounding a bit meeker, a bit more vulnerable, than he had in a long while.

The creature turned back towards him, meeting the Coatl's gaze with a single orange eye. "Leave." He spat, the heat still growing in intensity as he stalked towards the bars. "I don't care for empty words."

And, lost for what else to do, Neptune stumbled back and obeyed.

Until tomorrow.

He didn't bother attending the main act today. Really, he'd sneaked into the carnival in the first place. Normally he would have felt guilty, but there was something he'd seen that gave him... reservations, about supporting this circus financially. He had to admit, it was a bit electrifying to be breaking rules and sneaking around where he wasn't supposed to be.

A playful smile crossed his face as he approached Charlie and the creature again, though to his surprise, the Pearlcatcher wasn't attending her stand. She was slipping pieces of hotdog between the bars, which the creature scoffed up greedily.

(No, that wasn't fair to say. The poor thing was probably starving.)

Charlie stiffened as she heard Neptune approach, the ghost of a smile crossing her face. "I should have seen this coming." She joked lightly, though there was a dark undercurrent to her tone that Neptune didn't like. "Alright. How many gems to keep you from telling the boss?" She was only mostly joking, the siren realized, and he shot what he hoped would be a reassuring smile.

"Ha. Don't worry, I won't tell if you don't." He promised, slinging a bag off his shoulder. He pulled out a couple pieces of red meat, wrinkling his nose a bit - should've thought this one through a bit better, his stuff would smell like meat for the next month. Still, he quietly slipped it through the bars, shooting a grin at the creature.

It was all gone in under a minute, which would have been impressive if it wasn't a bit sad. The creature side eyed Neptune once more, narrowing his eyes. "What do you want in return, Coatl? Because you aren't getting it." He huffed, and Neptune rolled his eyes.

"Gods, I'm a better negotiator than that. If I was trying to get something, I wouldn't have given up my leverage first." He teased lightly, though the beast's expression grew a bit confused. Neptune softened, just a tad. "Don't worry about it. Really, just a gift." He paused, then, considering. "But... if you wanted to tell me your name, I wouldn't complain. Is Zowu a stage name?"

The lion-like creature shook his head. "No. I am Zowu."

Still not very talkative, huh? The Coatl laid down next to the cage, an elusive smile on his face. "Well, my name's Neptune. I used to be a siren, but then I learned that there are so many interesting things on shore. Like fruit, and fire, and my clan. And board games! Could never have those in the ocean, the cardboard would get all soggy. And I drowned anyone who might have agreed to play them."

Zowu tilted his head, as if trying to tell whether Neptune was joking or not. The Coatl's smile grew a bit sadder. "Yeah. I have a lot to make up for. Sorry, I... shouldn't have said that."

"No." Zowu intoned. "I don't really care. Those things sound nice. You're lucky."

"I am." Neptune agreed, tucking his wings against his body. "We should hang out sometime. Go to some gourmet meat and seafood restaurant, bring board games, maybe some fruit and flowers. I think it'd be fun, if you'd like to."

And Zowu smiled, for the first time, one that seemed to have more sadness than malice in it. "That does sound nice. Though, it isn't possible."

Neptune was quiet for a long, long moment. "You're stuck here, aren't you?"

Zowu only nodded in confirmation, leaning against the cage. Neptune breathed through his teeth, thinking for a long, long moment. He turned towards Charlie and gave a weak smile. "Hey. If I do something really, really stupid, you won't tell anyone, right?"

The Pearlcatcher laughed, despite herself. "I guess that's only fair, since you didn't tell on me." Neptune quite liked her, once the all-knowing oracle act was switched off. With a sly smile, she handed him a key. "You seem clever. Maybe you'll be able to find a way. I doubt it, but it's worth a shot, isn't it?"

Neptune took the key in mild awe, casting a glance between the two of them. Zowu watched with barely cloaked interest, while the seer seemed to be enjoying the siren's surprise. "Run like hell." She advised, turning back to her stall and turning her back to the two of them.

The Coatl looked over his shoulder, making sure no one was looking, before he slipped the key into the keyhole and swung the door open without a sound. "Let's go." He winked at Zowu. "We've got a date to go on."

Despite himself, the beast paled. "Wait, that was a date-?" And Neptune laughed, shaking his head.

"Just teasing. C'mon, let's go."

The outskirts of the circus was quiet, and twilight was starting to fall. Neptune advised that they walked instead of flew, since it would draw less attention. The two walked silently through a field of tall grass, as the Wisp Fire Carnival grew smaller and smaller on the horizon. There was a magic in the air that Neptune couldn't quite place, but decided to ignore, hoping it would pass in time.

"You don't actually have to hang out with me. I wanted to make sure you knew that." Neptune teased gently. "You can do anything. I won't be mad if you want to go our separate ways. Meeting you was nice regardless."

Zowu was quiet, still, and there was a growing weight in the air that turned the Coatl's stomach. "No," Zowu started, "I would like to join you for "board games". I would like that quite a lot, Neptune." He said softly. "But I'm afraid I can't."

Neptune frowned, puzzled. "It's your choice, of course." He responded, giving a nod and what he hoped was a comforting, though fake, smile. And Zowu returned it, shaking his head.

"No. It really isn't."

The world burst into purple strands of magic, twisting into the shape of a paper thin wall. Neptune cautiously put a paw against it, feeling himself slip through with no resistance, while Zowu simply stood there. The lion-like creature took a few steps back to get a running start, sprinting towards the barrier and slamming himself against it with all his might.

The creature was sent sprawling, and suddenly Neptune understood. Zowu heaved himself back to his feet, looking at the Coatl through the wall. "It's a binding spell." He explained. "I can only go a certain distance from wherever the carnival is currently set up." He chuckled, low and dark. "Somehow, I hoped this time would be different. That was stupid of me."

He echoed himself after a long moment where neither of them spoke. "I lied to you. I don't really know why. Maybe I just wanted to pretend the future would be different from the past, just for a little while." Zowu shook his head, scoffing and digging his claws into the soft soil. "... That was cruel of me. Go home, Neptune."

Neptune furrowed his brow. "No, there- no. This isn't goodbye. I'm going to find a way to break the spell. Okay? You'll see me again." He felt his throat dry, wondering whether Zowu had heard words like his a dozen times over, or never heard them at all. He wasn't sure which was worse. "I'll- I'll come up with a plan, for next time the circus is in town. Just hang in there a little longer."

Zowu smiled gently, and Neptune knew that the beast didn't believe him. He couldn't really blame him, either. That was okay. Talk was cheap. It didn't really make a difference in the end, right? He would be back. He would come back. "Goodbye, Neptune." He said, and there was a note of finality in his voice.

Neptune didn't like it.

"I'm serious." He said airily, walking back across the barrier and leaning against Zowu in a draconian imitation of a hug. "You owe me a date." He reminded him, a playful smile crossing his face despite the tears in his eyes.

And Neptune spread his wings, making a quick pace back home. Talk was cheap, and there were things he had to do.
2db8adadca3ef8633cbd21fe5b445b5d349eabdb.png
@Venusian your lucien.. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45410892] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/454109/45410892_350.png[/img] [/url] would attract my farmer Oriole! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41347050] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/413471/41347050_350.png[/img] [/url] -- Oriole woke up before dawn like it was any other day. On a normal day, it was about an hour's time until he would have to head out and begin tending to his crops. However, this was different; today, he had traveled to a trading post in the Plague territory, and he would spend his late morning and afternoon selling fresh produce and wine from his farm. This left him with one problem; he didn't have to start setting up until eight in the morning, and it was currently around three am. With nothing else to do, he decided to get an early start to his day. He fished out a handful of red grapes from his supplies for breakfast and quickly left the inn he was staying at, though it was still rather dark out. He waved his hand absentmindedly, and an orb of light appeared by his shoulder, lighting his path. The Skydancer wandered around the settlement, keeping to the roads and taking in the sights of the Wyrmwound despite the darkness. As he traveled, he caught sight of three glowing dots in the distance. Intrigued, he waved his orb away and crept closer. As he approached, he saw what could only be the autumnal season as a dragon. Lanterns floated around the Coatl's wings, casting him in a warm, golden glow. His clothing was simple and worn, yet still elegant. To Oriole, it looked as though a deity had chosen to take the beautiful fading leaves of fall and preserve them within the Coatl. The autumnal Coatl was preoccupied, but it was hard to see what in the darkness. Oriole started to approach, but accidentally stepped in something loud and squishy. The Coatl turned around, surprised by the noise, but by the time he got to the road, the only thing he could see was a handful of red grapes, left on a stone like an offering.
@Venusian
your lucien..

45410892_350.png

would attract my farmer Oriole!

41347050_350.png

--
Oriole woke up before dawn like it was any other day. On a normal day, it was about an hour's time until he would have to head out and begin tending to his crops. However, this was different; today, he had traveled to a trading post in the Plague territory, and he would spend his late morning and afternoon selling fresh produce and wine from his farm. This left him with one problem; he didn't have to start setting up until eight in the morning, and it was currently around three am.

With nothing else to do, he decided to get an early start to his day. He fished out a handful of red grapes from his supplies for breakfast and quickly left the inn he was staying at, though it was still rather dark out. He waved his hand absentmindedly, and an orb of light appeared by his shoulder, lighting his path. The Skydancer wandered around the settlement, keeping to the roads and taking in the sights of the Wyrmwound despite the darkness.

As he traveled, he caught sight of three glowing dots in the distance. Intrigued, he waved his orb away and crept closer. As he approached, he saw what could only be the autumnal season as a dragon. Lanterns floated around the Coatl's wings, casting him in a warm, golden glow. His clothing was simple and worn, yet still elegant. To Oriole, it looked as though a deity had chosen to take the beautiful fading leaves of fall and preserve them within the Coatl.

The autumnal Coatl was preoccupied, but it was hard to see what in the darkness. Oriole started to approach, but accidentally stepped in something loud and squishy. The Coatl turned around, surprised by the noise, but by the time he got to the road, the only thing he could see was a handful of red grapes, left on a stone like an offering.
My username is drawingdeamon! Please mind the spelling!
My fandragons are in my Hibernal Den!
thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.png
@Venusian That was really good! Though, if they were going on a date it would be like dating a giant cat or a tiger, since Zowu isn't a dragon.

skip me
@Venusian That was really good! Though, if they were going on a date it would be like dating a giant cat or a tiger, since Zowu isn't a dragon.

skip me
akueye3.png
[center]@drawingdeamon [s]claim![/s] [cracks knuckles] alight sorry if i'm a little rusty at this Your [b]Aralyn[/b]- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33714080] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/337141/33714080_350.png[/img] [/url] -has caught my [b]Malia[/b]'s eye! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30615644] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/306157/30615644_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] ----- The Shifting Expanse is not a place Malia goes to often, and when she does, it's purely for business. Usually. This time, however, her clan leader had asked her a personal favor and while Malia has a reputation for being rather cold, even she could not refuse a request from Ausha, leader or not. So here she is, crossing through the vast Lightning Farm, hoping that she's going in the right direction. It's so easy to get turned around here, considering the only distinguishable land marks are the giant spires and huge cables that stretch across the Stormcatcher's territory like giant serpents. Gods, she hates this place. The air is too dry and static-y, her fur frizzing from the charged air. The metallic groaning and booming of thunder set her teeth and nerves on edge. So caught up in mentally complaining to herself, Malia almost doesn't notice the brightly colored blur that whizzes by, but the wind whips at her mane so she turns- -and comes face to face with curious sage green eyes. Malia blinks behind her mask, surprised. "Hello," the stranger says, voice soft and sweet. "Are you lost?" Wings that remind her of rippling water flutter before her as the dragon, a coatl, hovers in front of her. Adorned in flowing silks and flowers, this beauty could pass as a fairytale princess from a beautiful castle. Malia tries not to be charmed. She fails. ----- [center][size=2]sorry, this one is pretty short compared to what i usually do, but i hope it's satisfactory! for the next person, my bios & templates are being redone but everyone in the clan tab has lore and can be used![/size][/center]
@drawingdeamon claim!

[cracks knuckles] alight sorry if i'm a little rusty at this

Your Aralyn-

33714080_350.png

-has caught my Malia's eye!

30615644_350.png

The Shifting Expanse is not a place Malia goes to often, and when she does, it's purely for business.

Usually.

This time, however, her clan leader had asked her a personal favor and while Malia has a reputation for being rather cold, even she could not refuse a request from Ausha, leader or not.

So here she is, crossing through the vast Lightning Farm, hoping that she's going in the right direction. It's so easy to get turned around here, considering the only distinguishable land marks are the giant spires and huge cables that stretch across the Stormcatcher's territory like giant serpents.

Gods, she hates this place.

The air is too dry and static-y, her fur frizzing from the charged air. The metallic groaning and booming of thunder set her teeth and nerves on edge. So caught up in mentally complaining to herself, Malia almost doesn't notice the brightly colored blur that whizzes by, but the wind whips at her mane so she turns-

-and comes face to face with curious sage green eyes.

Malia blinks behind her mask, surprised.

"Hello," the stranger says, voice soft and sweet. "Are you lost?"

Wings that remind her of rippling water flutter before her as the dragon, a coatl, hovers in front of her. Adorned in flowing silks and flowers, this beauty could pass as a fairytale princess from a beautiful castle.

Malia tries not to be charmed.

She fails.

sorry, this one is pretty short compared to what i usually do, but i hope it's satisfactory! for the next person, my bios & templates are being redone but everyone in the clan tab has lore and can be used!
@SnowFl8keAnge1 Sorry to bother you, but you haven't written a flirt yet? I just wanted to give a friendly reminder :)
@SnowFl8keAnge1 Sorry to bother you, but you haven't written a flirt yet? I just wanted to give a friendly reminder :)
Cloud - She/Her
5hF3FGk.png
ytkEBod.png
kHBaXec.png
qGabqd5.png
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif gVI5OAO.pngLGvol4P.png
qJFAY9h.pngjoJXsVi.png
@thatjaegar [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50041252] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/500413/50041252_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29107378] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/291074/29107378_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Rielle's travels took her quite far from home. Evil thrived everywhere, from the most bustling Lightning cities to the darkest corners of the Shadowbinder's domain, and so she would be there to follow it. She beamed at her familiar and puffed out her chest, pretending that she couldn't still feel the phantom pain where an enemy's sword had grazed her heart. (She was far from immortal, but she wasn't quite mortal, not anymore. She pushed such thoughts out of sight and out of mind.) After her most recent adventure, she had been lucky enough to stumble upon a little Shadow clan that offered to give her shelter while she licked her wounds. It was an offer she'd accepted gratefully, and so the Penumbraladin Clan had welcomed her in, just for a little while. It was an interesting place. Not [i]home,[/i] of course, but welcoming nevertheless. She had stopped to watch a brief performance before she moved on, slipping into the crowd. She listened, awestruck, to what she could only describe as a siren's song - she watched enraptured from the crowd. She was beautiful, wasn't she? The Mirror caught herself staring at the way nature itself seemed to curl around the Imperial, dressed in flowing ribbons and golden thorns - Rielle only snapped back to reality once the performance was over. She waited as the crowd slowly dispersed, trying her best to clear her mind. Wouldn't do to go stumbling about like a girl in a dream. She waited until she had some relative privacy to try and catch the Imperial's eye, giving her most confident smile. (It was a bit bold, but what about Rielle wasn't?) "Hi. My name is Rielle, and your performance was wonderful. There's a siren back home in my clan, and your voice rivals his." She said sincerely. The only indication of her anxiety was her tail lashing back and forth. "I know I don't know much about you, or you about me, but maybe we could change that, if you'd like. If you ever want to go flying, you can find me in Clan Lucerna." She couldn't help but laugh a bit to herself. Dragons tended to over complicate romance, she thought, but perhaps she was the odd one. "That's all I wanted to say. I hope you have a wonderful day." She finished, shooting one last bright smile and drifting off with the rest of the crowd.
@thatjaegar

Rielle's travels took her quite far from home. Evil thrived everywhere, from the most bustling Lightning cities to the darkest corners of the Shadowbinder's domain, and so she would be there to follow it. She beamed at her familiar and puffed out her chest, pretending that she couldn't still feel the phantom pain where an enemy's sword had grazed her heart.

(She was far from immortal, but she wasn't quite mortal, not anymore. She pushed such thoughts out of sight and out of mind.)

After her most recent adventure, she had been lucky enough to stumble upon a little Shadow clan that offered to give her shelter while she licked her wounds. It was an offer she'd accepted gratefully, and so the Penumbraladin Clan had welcomed her in, just for a little while. It was an interesting place. Not home, of course, but welcoming nevertheless.

She had stopped to watch a brief performance before she moved on, slipping into the crowd. She listened, awestruck, to what she could only describe as a siren's song - she watched enraptured from the crowd. She was beautiful, wasn't she? The Mirror caught herself staring at the way nature itself seemed to curl around the Imperial, dressed in flowing ribbons and golden thorns -

Rielle only snapped back to reality once the performance was over. She waited as the crowd slowly dispersed, trying her best to clear her mind. Wouldn't do to go stumbling about like a girl in a dream. She waited until she had some relative privacy to try and catch the Imperial's eye, giving her most confident smile.

(It was a bit bold, but what about Rielle wasn't?)

"Hi. My name is Rielle, and your performance was wonderful. There's a siren back home in my clan, and your voice rivals his." She said sincerely. The only indication of her anxiety was her tail lashing back and forth. "I know I don't know much about you, or you about me, but maybe we could change that, if you'd like. If you ever want to go flying, you can find me in Clan Lucerna."

She couldn't help but laugh a bit to herself. Dragons tended to over complicate romance, she thought, but perhaps she was the odd one. "That's all I wanted to say. I hope you have a wonderful day." She finished, shooting one last bright smile and drifting off with the rest of the crowd.
2db8adadca3ef8633cbd21fe5b445b5d349eabdb.png
@venusian [s]Im bad at flirting I hope this is good ;7;[/s] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49165528] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/491656/49165528_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24594720] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/245948/24594720_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Yukine often found himself traveling far from the forests of his home, it was a part of his job in being a wandering paladin/healer. No matter where he go, he always ended up meeting new dragons. Some good, some bad, some with intentions to help and some with intentions to harm. Never the less the meetings where always short and sweet, Yukine never saw them again and so he always tried his best to remember the dragons, or give them something to remember him by. He liked to think some would like it! That it may brighten another's day in some way However, some he wished would remember him, as he had seen his fair share of beautiful dragons. From those with amazing personalities and kind hearts to those with looks that seemed to be straight out of a painting. These types of dragons always came and went the fastest, A fleeting moment he always cherished. And it seemed he had met one today in the clan he had stopped in for a moment's rest. In the middle of the busy streets among the large crowd of dragons gathered within the clan. They looked stunning. A pearlcatcher clearly wearing the garb of one who worshipped the gladekeeper as well. They had stone pieces to their body, and Yukine had never seen any dragon as near stunning as this one in his life. His breath caught in his throat as he caught sight of them, and he scrambled to his staff to quickly grow some flowers. A small bouquet, of red carnations and roses, tied with a spare piece of ribbon he had on his person. Carefully going through the crowd, he soon reached them, tapping their shoulder before speaking. "Im so sorry for my sudden appearance but, I just wanted to let you know, you are one of the most stunning dragons I've ever seen. A-and I wanted you to have these.." He handed them the bouquet, his face flushing a tad red as he soon was moved away by the crowd that was bustling and busy. The vision of the dragon in his head as they slowly faded from his sight, and into the crowd once more.[/i][/center]
@venusian Im bad at flirting I hope this is good ;7;

49165528_350.png

24594720_350.png

Yukine often found himself traveling far from the forests of his home, it was a part of his job in being a wandering paladin/healer. No matter where he go, he always ended up meeting new dragons. Some good, some bad, some with intentions to help and some with intentions to harm. Never the less the meetings where always short and sweet, Yukine never saw them again and so he always tried his best to remember the dragons, or give them something to remember him by. He liked to think some would like it! That it may brighten another's day in some way

However, some he wished would remember him, as he had seen his fair share of beautiful dragons. From those with amazing personalities and kind hearts to those with looks that seemed to be straight out of a painting. These types of dragons always came and went the fastest, A fleeting moment he always cherished.

And it seemed he had met one today in the clan he had stopped in for a moment's rest. In the middle of the busy streets among the large crowd of dragons gathered within the clan.

They looked stunning. A pearlcatcher clearly wearing the garb of one who worshipped the gladekeeper as well. They had stone pieces to their body, and Yukine had never seen any dragon as near stunning as this one in his life. His breath caught in his throat as he caught sight of them, and he scrambled to his staff to quickly grow some flowers. A small bouquet, of red carnations and roses, tied with a spare piece of ribbon he had on his person. Carefully going through the crowd, he soon reached them, tapping their shoulder before speaking.

"Im so sorry for my sudden appearance but, I just wanted to let you know, you are one of the most stunning dragons I've ever seen. A-and I wanted you to have these.." He handed them the bouquet, his face flushing a tad red as he soon was moved away by the crowd that was bustling and busy. The vision of the dragon in his head as they slowly faded from his sight, and into the crowd once more.
1 2 ... 587 588 589 590 591 ... 734 735