Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Trickmurk]DINING IN THE DARK- Closed.
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
[b]Entrant Name:[/b] AllosaurCoffee [b]Name of Entry:[/b] Slow-cooker Maple Sweet Potatoes [b]Recipe and Description:[/b] Sweet potatoes, man! What's not to love? They grow in the dark, they're delicious, and they go GREAT with maple syrup. But what if, like me, you live in a dorm, and your cooking options are a. a microwave, or b. a slow-cooker (unless you go down to the Scary, Scary Basement kitchen) So! Slow-cooker to the rescue! If you have the luxury of a kitchen and no slow-cooker, substitute a pot of water, a stove, and low heat. Ingredients: [LIST] [*] Half-pound / 230 g of sweet potatoes [*] 1 oz / 29 g butter (or more if you want it richer) [*] 1 oz / 29 g maple syrup / maple sugar (or more if you've got a big sweet-tooth) [*] Water [*] Spices - I recommend cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cayenne, but go wild [*] Salt [/LIST] Step one: Cut your potatoes. You can dice them if you want, but they're going to be broken down by the slow-cooker, hopefully, so it can just be into thick slices. [i]Skin them[/i]. I didn't (lazy college student), and so the only thing wrong with mine is the texture. Step two: Cover the potatoes in water, enough that basically all parts are underwater. This is just to distribute heat properly so they don't burn or get stuck to the bottom of the pot. Step three: Cook for about six hours on low. Go grind in the Coli. Sleep. Do something else, in other words. :) Step four: Your potatoes [i]should[/i] be nice and soft now. If they're not, throw it back on low and go grind some more. Once they're actually soft, mash them up with a fork. Step five: Add butter, spices, and maple syrup. Cook for about another half-hour. Let those mantarunes taste your might! Step six: Ladle some out and prepare to enjoy the fruits of your mostly sitting back and messing around. Put a little more of your spices, salt, butter, and/or maple if you like. Step seven: Delicious. [b]Picture of Finished Product (with name/ID included):[/b] [img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/cb7634700cb19899ee9577ddacf72ebb/tumblr_nkitj5MWA91tfep99o1_r1_500.jpg[/img] Like me it's ugly but awesome. :) But if we're eating in the dark, who cares what it looks like? Edit: whoops that's a dangling unit. Fixed!
Entrant Name: AllosaurCoffee
Name of Entry: Slow-cooker Maple Sweet Potatoes
Recipe and Description:

Sweet potatoes, man! What's not to love? They grow in the dark, they're delicious, and they go GREAT with maple syrup. But what if, like me, you live in a dorm, and your cooking options are a. a microwave, or b. a slow-cooker (unless you go down to the Scary, Scary Basement kitchen)

So! Slow-cooker to the rescue! If you have the luxury of a kitchen and no slow-cooker, substitute a pot of water, a stove, and low heat.

Ingredients:
  • Half-pound / 230 g of sweet potatoes
  • 1 oz / 29 g butter (or more if you want it richer)
  • 1 oz / 29 g maple syrup / maple sugar (or more if you've got a big sweet-tooth)
  • Water
  • Spices - I recommend cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cayenne, but go wild
  • Salt

Step one: Cut your potatoes. You can dice them if you want, but they're going to be broken down by the slow-cooker, hopefully, so it can just be into thick slices. Skin them. I didn't (lazy college student), and so the only thing wrong with mine is the texture.

Step two: Cover the potatoes in water, enough that basically all parts are underwater. This is just to distribute heat properly so they don't burn or get stuck to the bottom of the pot.

Step three: Cook for about six hours on low. Go grind in the Coli. Sleep. Do something else, in other words. :)

Step four: Your potatoes should be nice and soft now. If they're not, throw it back on low and go grind some more. Once they're actually soft, mash them up with a fork.

Step five: Add butter, spices, and maple syrup. Cook for about another half-hour. Let those mantarunes taste your might!

Step six: Ladle some out and prepare to enjoy the fruits of your mostly sitting back and messing around. Put a little more of your spices, salt, butter, and/or maple if you like.

Step seven: Delicious.

Picture of Finished Product (with name/ID included): tumblr_nkitj5MWA91tfep99o1_r1_500.jpg

Like me it's ugly but awesome. :) But if we're eating in the dark, who cares what it looks like?

Edit: whoops that's a dangling unit. Fixed!
Still undercaffeinated.
@AgentModem

Entrant Name: SenchaDrake
Name of Entry: Mushroom Slow-Cooker Sautee
Recipe and Description: A simple mushroom preparation, for those who love buttery fancy mushrooms but only want to poke it every half hour.

Ingredients:
dried mushrooms: mixed yellowfoot chanterelles and black trumpets
water
about 4 tbsp butter (I used Kerrygold Irish)
Kala Namak sulfur salt*
ground long-pepper*
*could probably substitute regular salt and pepper but I really like these

Add mushrooms to slow cooker, along with water sufficient to float all pieces.
[pictures 1, 2, 3]
Cook on high setting for 30 minutes. Mushrooms should be rehydrated. If not, give them a few more minutes.
[picture 4]
Pour off water, leaving only enough to cover the bottom.
Add butter to slow-cooker; stir when butter is melted
[picture 5]
Cook for half an hour, stir
add sulfur salt and long-pepper (amount to taste), stir again
[pictures 6, 7, 8]
Cook for another half hour.
Transfer mushrooms to a dish and serve hot.
[picture 9]
Picture of Finished Product (with name/ID included): Got everything stepwise but forgot to include name, so picture 10 is my name by the slow-cooker, and picture 11 is a screenshot of my phone's pictures showing that one in line with the others.
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5
Picture 6
Picture 7
Picture 8
Picture 9
Picture 10
@AgentModem

Entrant Name: SenchaDrake
Name of Entry: Mushroom Slow-Cooker Sautee
Recipe and Description: A simple mushroom preparation, for those who love buttery fancy mushrooms but only want to poke it every half hour.

Ingredients:
dried mushrooms: mixed yellowfoot chanterelles and black trumpets
water
about 4 tbsp butter (I used Kerrygold Irish)
Kala Namak sulfur salt*
ground long-pepper*
*could probably substitute regular salt and pepper but I really like these

Add mushrooms to slow cooker, along with water sufficient to float all pieces.
[pictures 1, 2, 3]
Cook on high setting for 30 minutes. Mushrooms should be rehydrated. If not, give them a few more minutes.
[picture 4]
Pour off water, leaving only enough to cover the bottom.
Add butter to slow-cooker; stir when butter is melted
[picture 5]
Cook for half an hour, stir
add sulfur salt and long-pepper (amount to taste), stir again
[pictures 6, 7, 8]
Cook for another half hour.
Transfer mushrooms to a dish and serve hot.
[picture 9]
Picture of Finished Product (with name/ID included): Got everything stepwise but forgot to include name, so picture 10 is my name by the slow-cooker, and picture 11 is a screenshot of my phone's pictures showing that one in line with the others.
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5
Picture 6
Picture 7
Picture 8
Picture 9
Picture 10
YSQ_BSJ_2023_Advertisement.png
@agentmodem forgot ping sorry!
@agentmodem forgot ping sorry!
YSQ_BSJ_2023_Advertisement.png
Thank you everyone! Dining in the Dark is CLOSED!

People's Choice voting should being later today
Thank you everyone! Dining in the Dark is CLOSED!

People's Choice voting should being later today
2ZeGYU1.png
he/him/his
Attention entrants! Please vote in the People's Choice poll by 23:59 FR Time on March 3rd.

The link to the poll: http://******/forms/9viuVmgkS7

@whamm @sciencings @shadowmaat @Deadprem @arlip @gracerofl @Vanathor @Snaphance @Troubletail @Finlish @Xythus @aquatayton @Toothless @Emberglo @Hamda @thelostcity @Quib @komodokumquat @cobaltstorm @Selinea @Eialyne @AllosaurCoffee @SenchaDrake
Attention entrants! Please vote in the People's Choice poll by 23:59 FR Time on March 3rd.

The link to the poll: http://******/forms/9viuVmgkS7

@whamm @sciencings @shadowmaat @Deadprem @arlip @gracerofl @Vanathor @Snaphance @Troubletail @Finlish @Xythus @aquatayton @Toothless @Emberglo @Hamda @thelostcity @Quib @komodokumquat @cobaltstorm @Selinea @Eialyne @AllosaurCoffee @SenchaDrake
2ZeGYU1.png
he/him/his
voted, thanks for adding a picture, made it easy to pick ^_^
voted, thanks for adding a picture, made it easy to pick ^_^
Hamda's Leveling Service
@Marburg I would like the mushroom soup recipe as well, please, especially if it can be adapted for glowshrooms......
@Marburg I would like the mushroom soup recipe as well, please, especially if it can be adapted for glowshrooms......
mM2VM9X.png
@Emberglo

OH yeah I forgot about this and forgot to enter. I've been insanely busy planning a fundraiser and ugh. I'll put the recipe here later today if I can dig it out
@Emberglo

OH yeah I forgot about this and forgot to enter. I've been insanely busy planning a fundraiser and ugh. I'll put the recipe here later today if I can dig it out
vAMyyys.gifcOFIk9P.gifdjTv1vN.gifApuCmgD.gif
Voted! ^-^
Voted! ^-^
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
I voted too ... tough choices!!!! All those shrooms....
I voted too ... tough choices!!!! All those shrooms....
mM2VM9X.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13