Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Lightning Event] Dress for Success!
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 27 28
[b]Username:[/b] emastr012 [b]Theme of the day:[/b]Casual Friday [b]Dragon's name:[/b] Kyna [b]Dragon's link/picture:[/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/19959/1995809_350.png[/img] [b]RP or Explanation:[/b]Kyna was considered bad luck and was abandoned by her parents when she was a young hatch-ling. Ashyra found her at the bottom of Carrion Canyon at the brink of death and decided to take her home. After Kyna grew up, she was set up with a mate, who proved to be far more then she ever thought... After some discussion she bid Ashyra farewell to move in with her mate Colton and join, leaving her children behind in Ashyra's loving care.
Username: emastr012
Theme of the day:Casual Friday
Dragon's name: Kyna
Dragon's link/picture: 1995809_350.png
RP or Explanation:Kyna was considered bad luck and was abandoned by her parents when she was a young hatch-ling. Ashyra found her at the bottom of Carrion Canyon at the brink of death and decided to take her home.

After Kyna grew up, she was set up with a mate, who proved to be far more then she ever thought...

After some discussion she bid Ashyra farewell to move in with her mate Colton and join, leaving her children behind in Ashyra's loving care.
OSPTnJR.png
Calypso certainly had more presence than he did, and Digit was stunned someone like her would notice his dilemma. It makes him slightly embarrassed to have been obviously uncomfortable, but more than that, he was grateful for the kindness of a stranger to offer him words of comfort. So the fae smiles a bit looking up at her with a nod.

"I'll do my best... I guess." Is trying even relevant in fashion contests after the dressup is done? He follows up, "Good luck to you, too." Though, with her radiant entrance it really doesn't seem like she needs it! (@Toothless)
Calypso certainly had more presence than he did, and Digit was stunned someone like her would notice his dilemma. It makes him slightly embarrassed to have been obviously uncomfortable, but more than that, he was grateful for the kindness of a stranger to offer him words of comfort. So the fae smiles a bit looking up at her with a nod.

"I'll do my best... I guess." Is trying even relevant in fashion contests after the dressup is done? He follows up, "Good luck to you, too." Though, with her radiant entrance it really doesn't seem like she needs it! (@Toothless)
[b]Username:[/b] Fla [b]Theme of the day:[/b] Casual Friday [b]Dragon's name:[/b] Tika [b]Dragon's link/picture:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3065108] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/30652/3065108_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]RP or Explanation:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=55569&tab=dragon&did=3065108]The speckled tundra[/url] arrived at the Carnivale, with her eyes shining. So many things she had not seen before! So many new (and some familiar) smells! She did not remember any of the dragons she had seen - even some of her own clan who had traveled to enjoy the holiday with her. Particularly, she kept glancing over at the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=55569&tab=dragon&did=3660085]large Ridgeback[/url] who had accepted the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=55569&tab=dragon&did=2983773]clan leader[/url]'s request to guard them through their voyage. [b]Tika[/b] simply could not remember the Ridgeback was, indeed, part of her clan. But she smelled like a trusty friend, so that was alright. [b]Tika[/b] approached the tent where many well dressed dragons were, smiling warmly at every one of them. She spoke rather loudly whenever one approached. "OH HELLO. HI." This seemed to put off some bystanders, but it seemed to amuse others. The [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=55569&tab=dragon&did=3485971]dark-coloured Fae[/url] that was accompanying her simply shook her head whenever this happened. "CASUAL FRIDAY, HUH? IS THAT WHAT TODAY IS?" Tika glanced to the side. The Ridgeback was standing at a comfortable distance - the frown on her face showed she didn't approve of the tundra's loud tone. Or maybe her bad memory. "WELL, I LIKE MY WIZARD CLOTHING. I'M A WIZARD, YES, THANK YOU FOR ASKING. HELLO." The Fae beside her muttered something nearly inaudible - those who were closer to the duo would hear it something along the lines of, "you're not really a wizard, Tika." But it was no use. The tundra girl's memory was really that bad. "OH HELLO THERE," she said warmly to the next dragon approaching. "ENJOY THE THUNDERCRACK CARNIVALE." She headed to the exit, greeting the Ridgeback with the same warm excitement, forgetting, once more, that they were clan mates. Edit: just a typo. 'Seen' on the second line.
Username: Fla
Theme of the day: Casual Friday
Dragon's name: Tika
Dragon's link/picture:

3065108_350.png

RP or Explanation:

The speckled tundra arrived at the Carnivale, with her eyes shining. So many things she had not seen before! So many new (and some familiar) smells! She did not remember any of the dragons she had seen - even some of her own clan who had traveled to enjoy the holiday with her. Particularly, she kept glancing over at the large Ridgeback who had accepted the clan leader's request to guard them through their voyage. Tika simply could not remember the Ridgeback was, indeed, part of her clan. But she smelled like a trusty friend, so that was alright.

Tika approached the tent where many well dressed dragons were, smiling warmly at every one of them. She spoke rather loudly whenever one approached. "OH HELLO. HI." This seemed to put off some bystanders, but it seemed to amuse others. The dark-coloured Fae that was accompanying her simply shook her head whenever this happened.

"CASUAL FRIDAY, HUH? IS THAT WHAT TODAY IS?" Tika glanced to the side. The Ridgeback was standing at a comfortable distance - the frown on her face showed she didn't approve of the tundra's loud tone. Or maybe her bad memory. "WELL, I LIKE MY WIZARD CLOTHING. I'M A WIZARD, YES, THANK YOU FOR ASKING. HELLO." The Fae beside her muttered something nearly inaudible - those who were closer to the duo would hear it something along the lines of, "you're not really a wizard, Tika." But it was no use. The tundra girl's memory was really that bad.

"OH HELLO THERE," she said warmly to the next dragon approaching. "ENJOY THE THUNDERCRACK CARNIVALE." She headed to the exit, greeting the Ridgeback with the same warm excitement, forgetting, once more, that they were clan mates.

Edit: just a typo. 'Seen' on the second line.
ilyn9v.jpg
Username: glowyrm Theme of the day: Casual Friday Dragon's name: Sanra Dragon's link/picture: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=931027] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/9311/931027_350.png[/img] [/url] RP or Explanation: With a loud clank, Sanra's golem falls to the ground. Her eyes narrow and she sits back and snatches the contraption from the floor. She pulls her goggles over her eyes and immediately sets on fixing it, not noticing you slowly (and cautiously) approaching. You have to clear your throat to catch her attention, although she doesn't look up until the golem whirrs back to life (after being whacked against the floor a few times..) "[b]Hiya! I'm Sanra! Sorry about that--the darn thing keeps short circuiting on me. To be honest, I have no idea why the boss approved these things to be put out..They're-[/b]" Suddenly, electricity bursts from the machine, causing the SkyDancer to stumble backwards, her wings flaring to steady her. "[b]As I was saying, they're not exactly..Safe..[/b]" You smile faintly and decide to take a few steps back; It's probably a LOT safer to be out of the golem's shock range. "[b]So, I heard it was 'casual' Friday?[/b]" Sanra looks about, spying some of her fellow workers. "[b]To be honest, this is my casual attire. Gotta dress safe for work and all-[/b]" she quickly removes the goggles from her face and grins with satisfaction "[b]You never know what the boss will throw at us! Although..Maybe I should come up with something a little more fire and lightning resistant...[/b]" she trails off and scratches her chin. It's become clear the the conversation is over, as she pulls out piece of paper from her satchel and begins mumbling to herself. As you turn to leave, she glances up and calls out, "[b]You're leaving?? So soon? Ah well, it was nice meeting you! Oh! Hey! Thanks for the idea!![/b]"
Username: glowyrm
Dragon's name: Sanra
Dragon's link/picture:

931027_350.png

RP or Explanation:
With a loud clank, Sanra's golem falls to the ground. Her eyes narrow and she sits back and snatches the contraption from the floor. She pulls her goggles over her eyes and immediately sets on fixing it, not noticing you slowly (and cautiously) approaching. You have to clear your throat to catch her attention, although she doesn't look up until the golem whirrs back to life (after being whacked against the floor a few times..)
"Hiya! I'm Sanra! Sorry about that--the darn thing keeps short circuiting on me. To be honest, I have no idea why the boss approved these things to be put out..They're-"
Suddenly, electricity bursts from the machine, causing the SkyDancer to stumble backwards, her wings flaring to steady her.
"As I was saying, they're not exactly..Safe.."
You smile faintly and decide to take a few steps back; It's probably a LOT safer to be out of the golem's shock range.
"So, I heard it was 'casual' Friday?" Sanra looks about, spying some of her fellow workers.
"To be honest, this is my casual attire. Gotta dress safe for work and all-" she quickly removes the goggles from her face and grins with satisfaction "You never know what the boss will throw at us! Although..Maybe I should come up with something a little more fire and lightning resistant..." she trails off and scratches her chin. It's become clear the the conversation is over, as she pulls out piece of paper from her satchel and begins mumbling to herself.
As you turn to leave, she glances up and calls out, "You're leaving?? So soon? Ah well, it was nice meeting you! Oh! Hey! Thanks for the idea!!"
r8ma2Jp.png
[b]Username:[/b] Epsereth [b]Theme of the day:[/b] Casual Friday [b]Dragon's name:[/b] Pistolero [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3462997] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/34630/3462997_350.png[/img] [/url] "I don't know WHY everyone keeps botherin' me to come over here and do a twirl 'round for y'all like a cotton-pated Fae-babe in a windstorm. Can't you see I'm busy? Those dang fool Snappers over yonder have a target gallery that I don't even need my best Thermionic Triode Blaster to beat, and they keep givin' me fish in bowls like I'm supposed to do anything with 'em other than stuff 'em in a bag to eat later."
Username: Epsereth
Dragon's name: Pistolero

3462997_350.png

"I don't know WHY everyone keeps botherin' me to come over here and do a twirl 'round for y'all like a cotton-pated Fae-babe in a windstorm. Can't you see I'm busy? Those dang fool Snappers over yonder have a target gallery that I don't even need my best Thermionic Triode Blaster to beat, and they keep givin' me fish in bowls like I'm supposed to do anything with 'em other than stuff 'em in a bag to eat later."
1WaPPyd.png

divider by irithyll
[b]Username:[/b] Getu [b]Theme of the day:[/b] Casual Friday [b]Dragon's name:[/b] Yz [b]Dragon's link/picture:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5188921][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/51890/5188921_350.png[/img][/url] [b]RP or Explanation:[/b] Living in the woods is not an easy task, especialy when you've been 'lucky' to born with hide inlaid with glittering gems. Of course those look pretty, but unfortunately you are not the only one to think about it. They say it's a matter of few simple rules. Like - don't walk at day, and if you have to, then be sure to use your camouflage. Don't wear anything shiny or metalic, as a single flare from your apparel can reveal you to the hunters. And if you have to - be sure to stain it in the mud or wrap it in dull-colored cloth. There realy are very few rules, that supposed to grant your survival in the woods. But only one of them all realy works. Strike first. Because there won't be a second chance.
Username: Getu
Dragon's name: Yz
Dragon's link/picture:
5188921_350.png

RP or Explanation: Living in the woods is not an easy task, especialy when you've been 'lucky' to born with hide inlaid with glittering gems. Of course those look pretty, but unfortunately you are not the only one to think about it.
They say it's a matter of few simple rules. Like - don't walk at day, and if you have to, then be sure to use your camouflage. Don't wear anything shiny or metalic, as a single flare from your apparel can reveal you to the hunters. And if you have to - be sure to stain it in the mud or wrap it in dull-colored cloth.
There realy are very few rules, that supposed to grant your survival in the woods. But only one of them all realy works.
Strike first. Because there won't be a second chance.
[sub]@Malis [b]Username:[/b] kozakura [b]Theme of the day:[/b] Casual Friday [b]Dragon's name:[/b] Ata [b]Dragon's link/picture:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5161433] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/51615/5161433_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]RP or Explanation:[/b] He's so used to performing and losing himself in the moment that, when the moment's not on him, he becomes uncomfortably shy. Ata walks into the tent with a shower of petals as the light catches all the gold that he wears and makes him shine and glitter. If he moves even a little, the bells on him jingle, and then everyone knows he's there. "I-I'm," he stutters slowly and glances at the other contestants. This couldn't be right, he thinks, he's overdressed for this. He shouldn't be here after all. "I-I've got the wrong tent, sorry!" Ata turns around quickly and tries to barrel out of there, but another coatl sticks his head in the tent and headbutts Ata back. "This is the right tent, pretty boy," [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=49965&tab=dragon&did=4495916]Marluxia [/url]says amusedly. "You're dressed for success, so go on in." Ata wants to protest, but Marluxia gives him a glare, and he slinks back in. Slowly, he goes up to the judges and bows his head politely. "I-I'm... I'm Ata!" he says and bows again, the bells on his silks jingling with every move he makes. His gems are an indoor sun and he calls attention wherever he goes. "I'm here for C-Casual Friday... um... these are... my normal clothes....." "I dance! I dance for the clan!" he hurriedly says to their skeptical looks. "I play music and dance a-and I always wear these silks. I-I'm sorry!" With another scared and shy stutter, he flies to the back of the tent and curls up.
@Malis

Username: kozakura
Dragon's name: Ata
Dragon's link/picture:

5161433_350.png

RP or Explanation:
He's so used to performing and losing himself in the moment that, when the moment's not on him, he becomes uncomfortably shy. Ata walks into the tent with a shower of petals as the light catches all the gold that he wears and makes him shine and glitter. If he moves even a little, the bells on him jingle, and then everyone knows he's there.

"I-I'm," he stutters slowly and glances at the other contestants. This couldn't be right, he thinks, he's overdressed for this. He shouldn't be here after all. "I-I've got the wrong tent, sorry!"

Ata turns around quickly and tries to barrel out of there, but another coatl sticks his head in the tent and headbutts Ata back. "This is the right tent, pretty boy," Marluxia says amusedly. "You're dressed for success, so go on in."

Ata wants to protest, but Marluxia gives him a glare, and he slinks back in. Slowly, he goes up to the judges and bows his head politely. "I-I'm... I'm Ata!" he says and bows again, the bells on his silks jingling with every move he makes. His gems are an indoor sun and he calls attention wherever he goes. "I'm here for C-Casual Friday... um... these are... my normal clothes....."

"I dance! I dance for the clan!" he hurriedly says to their skeptical looks. "I play music and dance a-and I always wear these silks. I-I'm sorry!"

With another scared and shy stutter, he flies to the back of the tent and curls up.
[b]Username:[/b] Shelie [b]Theme of the day:[/b] Casual Friday [b]Dragon's name:[/b] Tim [b]Dragon's link/picture:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3125477] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/31255/3125477_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]RP or Explanation:[/b] Tim believes that when it comes to fashion, less is more. He thinks that his scarf sets off his floofy eyebrows perfectly, and that's all he needs!
Username: Shelie
Dragon's name: Tim

Dragon's link/picture:

3125477_350.png

RP or Explanation:

Tim believes that when it comes to fashion, less is more. He thinks that his scarf sets off his floofy eyebrows perfectly, and that's all he needs!
[b]Username:[/b] Drav [b]Theme of the day:[/b] Casual Friday [b]Dragon's name:[/b] Rubis [b]Dragon's link/picture:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=266323] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/2664/266323_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]RP or Explanation:[/b] Rubis marches into the arena solemnly, wondering if she could make a good impression. Would her pink and red self stand out? Maybe she should have worm more apparel. She didn't really like the way it hid her circuit patterns, though. Unless the apparel was small, she wasn't too sure if it would look good on her... It was too bad her clan didn't have the means to acquire more crimson silk. [i]No. Don't think about that. Calm down. [/i] She swished her tail slowly, looking at the tail bangle.[i] It'll be fine.[/i] But there were still thoughts lingering on her mind... What if she lost? What then? It was not like she was particularly good at anything. Did her clan just feel bad for her, because she was abandoned as an egg? Did her real parents know that she would be so... useless? But what if she won? What good would she be, if her only good abilities were in her appearance and the genes that she wasn't even born with? Would it be worth entering the contest to realize that? She raised her wings. A good posture means a good first impression. Everything will be fine. [i]Please let me win.[/i] Everything will be fine. [i]Please let me lose.[/i]
Username: Drav
Dragon's name: Rubis
Dragon's link/picture:

266323_350.png

RP or Explanation: Rubis marches into the arena solemnly, wondering if she could make a good impression. Would her pink and red self stand out? Maybe she should have worm more apparel.

She didn't really like the way it hid her circuit patterns, though. Unless the apparel was small, she wasn't too sure if it would look good on her... It was too bad her clan didn't have the means to acquire more crimson silk.

No. Don't think about that. Calm down. She swished her tail slowly, looking at the tail bangle. It'll be fine. But there were still thoughts lingering on her mind...

What if she lost? What then? It was not like she was particularly good at anything. Did her clan just feel bad for her, because she was abandoned as an egg? Did her real parents know that she would be so... useless?

But what if she won? What good would she be, if her only good abilities were in her appearance and the genes that she wasn't even born with? Would it be worth entering the contest to realize that?

She raised her wings. A good posture means a good first impression.

Everything will be fine.

Please let me win.

Everything will be fine.

Please let me lose.
6pUNHAC.gif
A passing bright light causes Sanra to look up from her notes, and she squints and gasps at the glowing radiance that is Ata. She opens her mouth to speak, but the Coatl enters the tent while his friend stands guard outside. Slowly, Sanra shuts her mouth and watches Marluxia, her eyes narrowing when the dragon sticks his head in. The minutes seem to stretch into eternity, but finally, Ata emerges from the tent, gleaming and glistening in ways she has never seen before.
Finally, she folds up her notes and quietly approaches the two, her eyes wide with wonder.
"H-hi" she hesitates, unsure of her next words.
"Wow, you're really bright" the words spill from her mouth, and her eyes immediately widen "Wait! I didn't mean you're bright! Hah..Uhm..Oh, gods, no! That's not what I mean either!!! I mean, I'm sure you're quite intelligent, it's just-"
She trails off, clearly flustered by her inability to communicate. After a moment, she takes a deep breath and composes herself before looking right at Ata
"What I MEANT to say is that you are inexplicably stunning, and that I wish you the best of luck." She awkwardly nods and returns to her spot. She pulls out her notes once more and attempts to continue working, although she catches herself looking over her notes at the Coatls from time to time.

@kozakura wow, like seriously, best of luck to you! What a stunning boy!
A passing bright light causes Sanra to look up from her notes, and she squints and gasps at the glowing radiance that is Ata. She opens her mouth to speak, but the Coatl enters the tent while his friend stands guard outside. Slowly, Sanra shuts her mouth and watches Marluxia, her eyes narrowing when the dragon sticks his head in. The minutes seem to stretch into eternity, but finally, Ata emerges from the tent, gleaming and glistening in ways she has never seen before.
Finally, she folds up her notes and quietly approaches the two, her eyes wide with wonder.
"H-hi" she hesitates, unsure of her next words.
"Wow, you're really bright" the words spill from her mouth, and her eyes immediately widen "Wait! I didn't mean you're bright! Hah..Uhm..Oh, gods, no! That's not what I mean either!!! I mean, I'm sure you're quite intelligent, it's just-"
She trails off, clearly flustered by her inability to communicate. After a moment, she takes a deep breath and composes herself before looking right at Ata
"What I MEANT to say is that you are inexplicably stunning, and that I wish you the best of luck." She awkwardly nods and returns to her spot. She pulls out her notes once more and attempts to continue working, although she catches herself looking over her notes at the Coatls from time to time.

@kozakura wow, like seriously, best of luck to you! What a stunning boy!
r8ma2Jp.png
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 27 28