Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Bright] Dragons can't eat people food!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
[center] [i]While making your way through the festival you happen across a very, very confused imperial. Her stall is quite empty, and she seems oblivious to everything around her save for the the various scrolls and tablets that have captured her attentions. She looks to be very distressed, so you give her a ginger nudge and ask what seems to be the matter. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3893257] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/38933/3893257_350.png[/img] [/url] "Oh-oh it's terrible! I was supposed to be in charge of the snack stand, but I can't make head nor tail of these recipes!" she shakes her head. "I mean eggplants, peppers...corn?! I don't know what half these ingredients are, let alone how to cook them." Mietzsch falls silent, thinking for a moment before perking back up and looking toward you expectantly. "Ah, but maybe you can help! If you can help me convert these recipes into something I can actually use, I'd be happy to reward you."[/i] [/center]

While making your way through the festival you happen across a very, very confused imperial. Her stall is quite empty, and she seems oblivious to everything around her save for the the various scrolls and tablets that have captured her attentions.

She looks to be very distressed, so you give her a ginger nudge and ask what seems to be the matter.

3893257_350.png

"Oh-oh it's terrible! I was supposed to be in charge of the snack stand, but I can't make head nor tail of these recipes!" she shakes her head. "I mean eggplants, peppers...corn?! I don't know what half these ingredients are, let alone how to cook them." Mietzsch falls silent, thinking for a moment before perking back up and looking toward you expectantly. "Ah, but maybe you can help! If you can help me convert these recipes into something I can actually use, I'd be happy to reward you."
spajc4.png
[center] [img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/6198688ed330bafb2ad8cf28e67acdfc/tumblr_n71ax6B2R01rtsl9ro1_500.png[/img] Mietzsch is supposed to be providing snacks for all the hungry festival-goers, but unfortunately the coordinators have saddled her with a stack of recipes that are quite unusable. If you can help her translate these [b]otherworldly[/b] recipes into something a little more [b]fr-friendly[/b], you'll be well rewarded! The rules are simple: Each day a real-world recipe will be posted on the first page of this thread. Your job is to take that recipe and give it fr-based ingredients. Each conversion you post will earn you [b]fifteen raffle tickets[/b] toward the main Jubilee raffle. At the end of each day we will look at all the conversions for the recipe and select the one we feel matches the best. The creator of that conversion will win that day's prize. c: For example: say the recipe was for scones! 2 c flour 1/3 c sugar 1 tsp baking powder 1/4 tsp baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 8 tbsp butter 1/2 c raisins 1/2 c sour cream 1 egg A possible conversion might be something along the lines of 2 daisy flowerfalls 1/3 stack of sweet grass 1 tsp ground stonewatch flatblade 1/4 tsp ground winterbelle 8 white cabbage butterflies 1/2 stack pharaoh ants 2 jars of slime 1 valley quail egg A list of flightrising food can be found [url=http://flightrising.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Food]here[/url]. We recommend giving it a little looksee to get your creative juices flowing! Additionally, your ingredients don't necessarily have to come straight from this list. As long as they're fr-based they're welcome entries. [b]Entries will not be accepted after 19:00 Fr time. A winner will be announced shortly after.[/b] [/center]
tumblr_n71ax6B2R01rtsl9ro1_500.png
Mietzsch is supposed to be providing snacks for all the hungry festival-goers, but unfortunately the coordinators have saddled her with a stack of recipes that are quite unusable. If you can help her translate these otherworldly recipes into something a little more fr-friendly, you'll be well rewarded!

The rules are simple: Each day a real-world recipe will be posted on the first page of this thread. Your job is to take that recipe and give it fr-based ingredients. Each conversion you post will earn you fifteen raffle tickets toward the main Jubilee raffle. At the end of each day we will look at all the conversions for the recipe and select the one we feel matches the best. The creator of that conversion will win that day's prize. c:

For example: say the recipe was for scones!

2 c flour
1/3 c sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 tbsp butter
1/2 c raisins
1/2 c sour cream
1 egg

A possible conversion might be something along the lines of

2 daisy flowerfalls
1/3 stack of sweet grass
1 tsp ground stonewatch flatblade
1/4 tsp ground winterbelle
8 white cabbage butterflies
1/2 stack pharaoh ants
2 jars of slime
1 valley quail egg

A list of flightrising food can be found here. We recommend giving it a little looksee to get your creative juices flowing! Additionally, your ingredients don't necessarily have to come straight from this list. As long as they're fr-based they're welcome entries.

Entries will not be accepted after 19:00 Fr time. A winner will be announced shortly after.
spajc4.png
[center][img]https://24.media.tumblr.com/2d00f1525c6a2a0f9332581b905a71e7/tumblr_n71ax6B2R01rtsl9ro2_500.png[/img] [i]"I'm so glad you've stayed to help me! Let's do these one at a time, shall we?"[/i] [size=5][b]Stollen Cake[/b][/size] [u]For the Fruit:[/u] 1 cup mixed candied fruit 1 cup raisins 3 tablespoons dark rum or orange juice [u]For the Sponge:[/u] 1 scant tablespoon or 1 (1/4-ounce) package active dry yeast 1/4 cup warm water (about 110 degrees F) 2/3 cup milk 1 teaspoon honey 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour [u]For the Dough:[/u] 1/3 cup honey 1 large egg, beaten 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon ground mace 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted 3 to 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour Oil, for coating bowl [u]For the Filling:[/u] 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 3 tablespoons granulated sugar [/center]
tumblr_n71ax6B2R01rtsl9ro2_500.png

"I'm so glad you've stayed to help me! Let's do these one at a time, shall we?"

Stollen Cake

For the Fruit:
1 cup mixed candied fruit
1 cup raisins
3 tablespoons dark rum or orange juice

For the Sponge:
1 scant tablespoon or 1 (1/4-ounce) package active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water (about 110 degrees F)
2/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon honey
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour

For the Dough:
1/3 cup honey
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground mace
1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
3 to 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
Oil, for coating bowl

For the Filling:
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
spajc4.png
[center][img]https://24.media.tumblr.com/654a3f96c2276662a6339eac1de21981/tumblr_n71ax6B2R01rtsl9ro3_500.png[/img] [quote name="Running-Prize"] Each conversion you post gives you [b]fifteen[/b] tickets towards our main raffle, located [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=raf&id=1114483&p=mb]here[/url]. [/quote] [quote name="Someone-stole-my-cake"] [b]S A T U R D A Y[/b] [i]A sweet dragon for a sweet conversion~[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4139127] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/41392/4139127_350.png[/img] [/url] white basic/maize basic/pink crackle [item=shalebuck] [item=1st anniversary stolen cake]x1 [item=crowntail wanderer]x99 [b]100K Treasure[img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] + 100 gems[img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/icon_gems.png[/img][/b] [/quote] [/center]
tumblr_n71ax6B2R01rtsl9ro3_500.png
Running-Prize wrote:

Each conversion you post gives you fifteen tickets towards our main raffle, located here.
Someone-stole-my-cake wrote:
S A T U R D A Y

A sweet dragon for a sweet conversion~

4139127_350.png

white basic/maize basic/pink crackle

Shalebuck 1st Anniversary Stolen Cake x1 Crowntail Wanderer x99

100K Treasureicon_treasure.png + 100 gemsicon_gems.png

spajc4.png
[center][img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/06bee13531e8d52336053920b44e9497/tumblr_n71ax6B2R01rtsl9ro7_r1_500.png[/img] @Milliface @Peryton @SugarRush[/center]
spajc4.png
[center][img]https://24.media.tumblr.com/742b390f41251d990f8dfe6708153947/tumblr_n71ax6B2R01rtsl9ro4_r1_500.png[/img] [b][u]S A T U R D A Y ' S[/u] "Out of this World" Stollen Cake[/b] by Fii [img]https://24.media.tumblr.com/552ad4477866d10db656be51350bc7a4/tumblr_n71ax6B2R01rtsl9ro6_500.png[/img] [b][u]S U N D A Y ' S[/u] Dodo Dogs with Delightful Podid Dressing[/b] by Zenelle [b][u]M O N D A Y ' S[/u] Sunkernel Party Salad[/b] by Bwee [b][u]T U E S D A Y ' S[/u] Creepy Crawly-slaw[/b] by Dreamscythes231 [b][u]W E D N E S D A Y ' S[/u] Lairmade Cockadogs[/b] by Anananaan [b][u]T H U R S D A Y 'S[/u] Spiral Special: "Fish" Teriyaki Skewers with "Fruit" Chunks[/b] by Arula [b][u]F R I D A Y ' S[/u] Guilt-Free, Cruelty-Free Lightweaver's Revelry Riblets[/b] by Harukai --[b]Special thanks to @CarmineCranes for providing graphics c:--[/b][/center]
tumblr_n71ax6B2R01rtsl9ro4_r1_500.png

S A T U R D A Y ' S
"Out of this World" Stollen Cake

by Fii

tumblr_n71ax6B2R01rtsl9ro6_500.png

S U N D A Y ' S
Dodo Dogs with Delightful Podid Dressing

by Zenelle

M O N D A Y ' S
Sunkernel Party Salad

by Bwee

T U E S D A Y ' S
Creepy Crawly-slaw

by Dreamscythes231

W E D N E S D A Y ' S
Lairmade Cockadogs

by Anananaan

T H U R S D A Y 'S
Spiral Special: "Fish" Teriyaki Skewers with "Fruit" Chunks

by Arula

F R I D A Y ' S
Guilt-Free, Cruelty-Free Lightweaver's Revelry Riblets

by Harukai

--Special thanks to @CarmineCranes for providing graphics c:--
spajc4.png
Here's my recipe conversion for today! :D

Mudpuppy Elkwraps with Honeycrisp Trunker Relish

1 clawful of Grassland Trunker Pork Strips
1/2 large Wild Onion, claw-diced
2 finely claw-diced fresh Honeycrisp Apples
1/2 claw-diced Miniature Potash Peach (Preferably almost ripe, but still young enough to retain a slight sour taste)
1 squirt of Toridae Venom (For extra zest! Not recommended for Faes)
8 Mud Puppies
8 Elk Ears

((Poor mudpuppies.))
Here's my recipe conversion for today! :D

Mudpuppy Elkwraps with Honeycrisp Trunker Relish

1 clawful of Grassland Trunker Pork Strips
1/2 large Wild Onion, claw-diced
2 finely claw-diced fresh Honeycrisp Apples
1/2 claw-diced Miniature Potash Peach (Preferably almost ripe, but still young enough to retain a slight sour taste)
1 squirt of Toridae Venom (For extra zest! Not recommended for Faes)
8 Mud Puppies
8 Elk Ears

((Poor mudpuppies.))
082fee078d.png
A recipe especially made for Wildclaw satisfaction...

Hellfire-Dogs with Snapper Relish
Serves 8 meat-loving dragons.

2 Hellbenders (watch them closely until serving time)
1/2 portion Snapping Turtle meat, diced
6 Snowfall Elk ears
4 Heartred Croaker legs, chopped roughly
Mucus of 3 Greatshell Fins
8 Dust Slithers (skinned or not)
8 Ashfall Bat wings

Yum, yum, meaty!

(Alternate recipe for plant-eating dragons:
Veganized Stonespines with Sweet Ashfall Relish
Serves 8 plant-eating dragons.

2 sliced Water Lily leaves (choose the thickest leaves)
1/2 of one Wild Onion (never use more than one!)
3 finely chopped Glow Mushrooms
1 chopped Ashfall Prickler
1 Blood Acorn, juiced (the sweeter, the better)
8 Stonespines (needles removed or not)
8 Hallowed Ivy leaves)
A recipe especially made for Wildclaw satisfaction...

Hellfire-Dogs with Snapper Relish
Serves 8 meat-loving dragons.

2 Hellbenders (watch them closely until serving time)
1/2 portion Snapping Turtle meat, diced
6 Snowfall Elk ears
4 Heartred Croaker legs, chopped roughly
Mucus of 3 Greatshell Fins
8 Dust Slithers (skinned or not)
8 Ashfall Bat wings

Yum, yum, meaty!

(Alternate recipe for plant-eating dragons:
Veganized Stonespines with Sweet Ashfall Relish
Serves 8 plant-eating dragons.

2 sliced Water Lily leaves (choose the thickest leaves)
1/2 of one Wild Onion (never use more than one!)
3 finely chopped Glow Mushrooms
1 chopped Ashfall Prickler
1 Blood Acorn, juiced (the sweeter, the better)
8 Stonespines (needles removed or not)
8 Hallowed Ivy leaves)
FHs3K7o.png
Snake dogs with Sour Strawbery Relish

8 cups of cut Heartred Croaker Legs
1/2 cup chopped Wild Onion
1 cup of Sour Strawbery
1 cup of Engineered Superbery[the two berries should be crushed and mixed together]
1 sliced Ashfall Pickler
2 tbsp Seaberry juice
10 skinned and cleaned Coral snakes[this can vary depending on Coral Snake's length]
1 pinch of salt
And for wrapping 10 Day Lily Pads[dried before wrapping]

For added taste add 2 cups of crushed Wild Mustard juice mixed with a little Manaweed for the Magical kick.
Snake dogs with Sour Strawbery Relish

8 cups of cut Heartred Croaker Legs
1/2 cup chopped Wild Onion
1 cup of Sour Strawbery
1 cup of Engineered Superbery[the two berries should be crushed and mixed together]
1 sliced Ashfall Pickler
2 tbsp Seaberry juice
10 skinned and cleaned Coral snakes[this can vary depending on Coral Snake's length]
1 pinch of salt
And for wrapping 10 Day Lily Pads[dried before wrapping]

For added taste add 2 cups of crushed Wild Mustard juice mixed with a little Manaweed for the Magical kick.
Gecko dogs with Spicy Hot Tulip Relish

8 chopped Roan Mouses
1 cup of chopped Wild Onion
8 chopped Red Emperor Tulips
1/4 cup chopped Cindershroom
1 Wild Catsup
1 Wild Mustard
1 Tbsp Granny Smith Apple juice
8 Leopard Geckos
8 Bladed Flatleaves
Gecko dogs with Spicy Hot Tulip Relish

8 chopped Roan Mouses