Back

Find a Dragon

Search for the perfect dragon.
TOPIC | Dream Dragon Database
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
@maplebit it might be easier to check dragons you're gonna exalt against the colour combos if it was sorted by primary colour rather than username?
@maplebit it might be easier to check dragons you're gonna exalt against the colour combos if it was sorted by primary colour rather than username?
he/him // my soul became a hammer, i started to feel better
@steamworkBlue

Yeah I thought about that before but it seemed a lot more convenient to those entering data to have it sorted alphabetically by user name! (At least for me?) But that's what the Filter View is for (and not the filter, filter view). That allows you to pull up all the primary, secondary, or tertiary colors you want to look at! It also includes breeds now. :)

Is the filter view option not enough/not working well?
@steamworkBlue

Yeah I thought about that before but it seemed a lot more convenient to those entering data to have it sorted alphabetically by user name! (At least for me?) But that's what the Filter View is for (and not the filter, filter view). That allows you to pull up all the primary, secondary, or tertiary colors you want to look at! It also includes breeds now. :)

Is the filter view option not enough/not working well?
dream%20dragon%20b_zpsc6usyp9o.png
@maplebit Great spreasheet. Thanks for this. I've been trying to breed a rare color combo for months (only 1 dragon unexalted with those colors, and it's the wrong genes/breed), and it's exhausting.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to make the filters work correctly, and I'm too scared to play around with it much in case I accidentally mess something up.. I've been ctrl+f searching the document to find specific breeds and colors.
@maplebit Great spreasheet. Thanks for this. I've been trying to breed a rare color combo for months (only 1 dragon unexalted with those colors, and it's the wrong genes/breed), and it's exhausting.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to make the filters work correctly, and I'm too scared to play around with it much in case I accidentally mess something up.. I've been ctrl+f searching the document to find specific breeds and colors.
Art by Drytil
hey bump, this is cool cuz i always worry that, especially when its my exalt pair or something and the ranges are really wide
hey bump, this is cool cuz i always worry that, especially when its my exalt pair or something and the ranges are really wide
m8aFFXb.gif
@maplebit I didn't know filter view existed, heh. I'll give that a try c:
@maplebit I didn't know filter view existed, heh. I'll give that a try c:
he/him // my soul became a hammer, i started to feel better
@Addmon

Ahh I should probably make a screenshot tutorial or something... Google sheets is really confusing after all! Okay so you can only filter primary, secondary, or tertiary colors (not a color combination). So let's say you have an ice/maroon/jungle dragon that you want to search up. You go to Data, Filter Views, and pick either primary, secondary, or tertiary color. Let's go with primary color. This takes you to a slightly different screen.

Look at the sheet in the column where it says "1st Color" i.e. primary color. There should be a little green symbol in the upper right hand corner of that cell. Click on that, press clear to clear any selections somebody else has previously made, and search for your primary color (in this case, ice). This will bring up a list of entries in that 1st Color column that contain the word "ice." Click on the ones you want to see (a check mark should then appear next to your selections) and press OK.

Now the sheet should show you all the entries that have Ice as their primary color! With this system, you can search for multiple primary colors if that's what you want to do. Like I said before, though, you can only filter the sheet with one criteria. Unfortunately, I don't know (or if it's even possible) to search for dragons with a specific primary and secondary and tertiary color.

Okay wow long explanation, I hope that helped a little bit? If not, tell me and I'll try to make it a little clearer (probably with pictures!). :D

@steamworkBlue Ah yay I hope it worked out well for you! ^^
@Addmon

Ahh I should probably make a screenshot tutorial or something... Google sheets is really confusing after all! Okay so you can only filter primary, secondary, or tertiary colors (not a color combination). So let's say you have an ice/maroon/jungle dragon that you want to search up. You go to Data, Filter Views, and pick either primary, secondary, or tertiary color. Let's go with primary color. This takes you to a slightly different screen.

Look at the sheet in the column where it says "1st Color" i.e. primary color. There should be a little green symbol in the upper right hand corner of that cell. Click on that, press clear to clear any selections somebody else has previously made, and search for your primary color (in this case, ice). This will bring up a list of entries in that 1st Color column that contain the word "ice." Click on the ones you want to see (a check mark should then appear next to your selections) and press OK.

Now the sheet should show you all the entries that have Ice as their primary color! With this system, you can search for multiple primary colors if that's what you want to do. Like I said before, though, you can only filter the sheet with one criteria. Unfortunately, I don't know (or if it's even possible) to search for dragons with a specific primary and secondary and tertiary color.

Okay wow long explanation, I hope that helped a little bit? If not, tell me and I'll try to make it a little clearer (probably with pictures!). :D

@steamworkBlue Ah yay I hope it worked out well for you! ^^
This is great! I added some of my project dragons I'm having a harder time finding. :D
This is great! I added some of my project dragons I'm having a harder time finding. :D
mlHpBMC.png
wcqXUTe.png
hZOsS7O.png
3nFPpYa.png
NvpVneg.png
8799214.png iQrvnPv.png
yeehaw
searching for dragons!
bumping this
bumping this
@maplebit I can't seem to edit in my dragon combos? It's in comment only mode. But I was thinking of this just the other day! This needs more publicity so that more dragon breeders can know about it and make the quick couple seconds check for each hatching. ^^
@maplebit I can't seem to edit in my dragon combos? It's in comment only mode. But I was thinking of this just the other day! This needs more publicity so that more dragon breeders can know about it and make the quick couple seconds check for each hatching. ^^
vvTo3kO.png

syJrt1N.gif
@Coldblooded Hello there! I didn't realize people still wanted to use this sheet so I closed off editing a while back. I've reopened it now though so feel free to edit!

Thank you for your interest! I guess I'll start tending to this again. ^-^
@Coldblooded Hello there! I didn't realize people still wanted to use this sheet so I closed off editing a while back. I've reopened it now though so feel free to edit!

Thank you for your interest! I guess I'll start tending to this again. ^-^
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15