Back

Dragon Trading

Arrange Crossroads exchanges with other players.
TOPIC | Free Dragons in Ex. for their Hatchies
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
Hello there, I have a whole lair full of dragons and I'm not sure what to do with them. I don't have the treasure to gene them all, or keep expanding my lair all the time, but I just don't want to exalt them :( So I have decided to start a big game/project inspired by this thread
Quote:
UPDATE:
The directions part of this main post has been updated to reflect the new CR system

THE STORY:
I thought it good to share why I wanted to do this project. This account was originally my mother's. I never really got into playing games like this but she would ask me to feed her dragons and take her gathering turns when she was out of town and I liked doing it for her. She fought a three year battle with breast cancer and while I cleaned out her computer I remembered these guys and kept caring for them. It's nice to know something she cared about is still living on, but I thought she would really like a project like this, where her clan could spread out, other people could enjoy her dragons, and her lair would be a fun point of community trading and the bloodlines of the clan would remain intact. Mom never liked exalting dragons, which is why they're all oldies and why they're off to see the world. I would really appreciate them staying in play and not being exalted, so that mom can look down here once in a while and know that something - besides her children - that she enjoyed is blessing others in some way, even if it's a small one on a screen. Thanks for reading, the fun stuff starts now!

THE GAME!
  • Any dragon AFTER Page 1 of my lair is available for adoption on these terms:
  • The dragon must be bred once before exalting/selling/trading
  • At least one hatchling must be sent back to me with a bio (just a couple sentences is fine if writing's not your thing)
    [*Players are limited to to one adoption every three days. I may lift this later on, but I'll play it by ear. The day of adoption counts as day 1. (Feel free to ask for exceptions if you have a story based reason)
  • After a hatchling is sent back to me with a bio you can do as you please with the other hatchies and original dragon, train them, keep them, sell them, Anything! (but please respect dragons "off to see the world" directions if they are listed in the bottom of their bios)
  • Names and original bios may be changed, but let me know if you do so that Annebelle can note the new information in our records :)
  • Dragons do NOT come with familiars or apparel. I will remove both before accepting CRs. visiting familiars is part of my steady income so I will almost always give dragons familiars when they come to me. Unless this starts getting crazy! (If you'd like to buy apparel or familiars PM me and we can talk :) )

ADOPTION PROCEDURE
Post here which one you are adopting, list name and image
Many of the dragons come in and out quickly and now that I have to set up the one way trade the image will help me be sure to send the right Dragon.
I will send you a One-way gift when I am online next (usually within 48 hours)
First poster will receive the dragon.

Annebelle, our resident paper pusher, will bounce over to your lair briefly and scribble down the names of other hatchies from the clutch and add them to the ever growing family tree, which now takes an entire room in our den.

A couple other rules and regs:
1. Basic forum Decorum applies
2. If you fail to send me a hatchling back, I will no longer accept CRs from you.
3. If you send me a hatchling back but do not write a bio I'll be sad and I'll decide case by case if I want to keep accepting CRs

A few notes about bio writing are in the next post, then pinglists/updates, then the fun begins!!
Hello there, I have a whole lair full of dragons and I'm not sure what to do with them. I don't have the treasure to gene them all, or keep expanding my lair all the time, but I just don't want to exalt them :( So I have decided to start a big game/project inspired by this thread
Quote:
UPDATE:
The directions part of this main post has been updated to reflect the new CR system

THE STORY:
I thought it good to share why I wanted to do this project. This account was originally my mother's. I never really got into playing games like this but she would ask me to feed her dragons and take her gathering turns when she was out of town and I liked doing it for her. She fought a three year battle with breast cancer and while I cleaned out her computer I remembered these guys and kept caring for them. It's nice to know something she cared about is still living on, but I thought she would really like a project like this, where her clan could spread out, other people could enjoy her dragons, and her lair would be a fun point of community trading and the bloodlines of the clan would remain intact. Mom never liked exalting dragons, which is why they're all oldies and why they're off to see the world. I would really appreciate them staying in play and not being exalted, so that mom can look down here once in a while and know that something - besides her children - that she enjoyed is blessing others in some way, even if it's a small one on a screen. Thanks for reading, the fun stuff starts now!

THE GAME!
  • Any dragon AFTER Page 1 of my lair is available for adoption on these terms:
  • The dragon must be bred once before exalting/selling/trading
  • At least one hatchling must be sent back to me with a bio (just a couple sentences is fine if writing's not your thing)
    [*Players are limited to to one adoption every three days. I may lift this later on, but I'll play it by ear. The day of adoption counts as day 1. (Feel free to ask for exceptions if you have a story based reason)
  • After a hatchling is sent back to me with a bio you can do as you please with the other hatchies and original dragon, train them, keep them, sell them, Anything! (but please respect dragons "off to see the world" directions if they are listed in the bottom of their bios)
  • Names and original bios may be changed, but let me know if you do so that Annebelle can note the new information in our records :)
  • Dragons do NOT come with familiars or apparel. I will remove both before accepting CRs. visiting familiars is part of my steady income so I will almost always give dragons familiars when they come to me. Unless this starts getting crazy! (If you'd like to buy apparel or familiars PM me and we can talk :) )

ADOPTION PROCEDURE
Post here which one you are adopting, list name and image
Many of the dragons come in and out quickly and now that I have to set up the one way trade the image will help me be sure to send the right Dragon.
I will send you a One-way gift when I am online next (usually within 48 hours)
First poster will receive the dragon.

Annebelle, our resident paper pusher, will bounce over to your lair briefly and scribble down the names of other hatchies from the clutch and add them to the ever growing family tree, which now takes an entire room in our den.

A couple other rules and regs:
1. Basic forum Decorum applies
2. If you fail to send me a hatchling back, I will no longer accept CRs from you.
3. If you send me a hatchling back but do not write a bio I'll be sad and I'll decide case by case if I want to keep accepting CRs

A few notes about bio writing are in the next post, then pinglists/updates, then the fun begins!!
BIO Rules: Content: Simple rules are: No content above a PG13 rating No swear words, or anything against forum rules (discrimination etc) Anything else goes. Length and format: The starter bios are about 2 paragraphs long and were written by alternatewarning, length can vary as much as you want to. Examples are: a story about the dragon A description of their personality A story about an adventure the dragon was on What led them to return to our lair? What led them to go wandering from yours? Anything! Just something that gives them some personality, the bios also go on the family tree record. No specific format is required, but if you would like to follow the format for my permanent dragons alternatewarning graciously provided the skeleton of her coie for them and I can PM it to you on request. [code] [columns][IMG]100x300 image[/IMG] [nextcol] bio[/columns] [right][sup][font=Century Gothic][size=4][i][color=#color]word: definition[/i][/sup][/size][/font][/color][/right][/quote] [/code] A couple people have put a note at the end of the bio saying where the dragon was hatched and that they are a part of this project, it's optional, but if you would like to here is a template you can use: This dragon was hatched in the [Clan element] lair of [Your Username], this dragon is part of Annebelle 's memory project, traded in loving memory of a dear loved one. If you are considering exalting please contact Annebelle about selling the dragon back to her instead. You can change the bio of a dragon you adopt, just ping @Annebelle so she can update the records accordingly. Letters from adopted dragons are always loved and will be added to the family tree record if received! They are in no way required but would be great fun! DONATIONS If you would like to make a financial or food donation feel free to send a One-Way CR Donations of more than one descendant are usually fine, If I can't take more than one hatchling I will let you know why (Probably just lair space)
BIO Rules:

Content: Simple rules are:
No content above a PG13 rating
No swear words, or anything against forum rules (discrimination etc)
Anything else goes.

Length and format: The starter bios are about 2 paragraphs long and were written by alternatewarning, length can vary as much as you want to. Examples are:
a story about the dragon
A description of their personality
A story about an adventure the dragon was on
What led them to return to our lair?
What led them to go wandering from yours?
Anything! Just something that gives them some personality, the bios also go on the family tree record.
No specific format is required, but if you would like to follow the format for my permanent dragons alternatewarning graciously provided the skeleton of her coie for them and I can PM it to you on request.
Code:
[columns][IMG]100x300 image[/IMG] [nextcol] bio[/columns] [right][sup][font=Century Gothic][size=4][i][color=#color]word: definition[/i][/sup][/size][/font][/color][/right][/quote]

A couple people have put a note at the end of the bio saying where the dragon was hatched and that they are a part of this project, it's optional, but if you would like to here is a template you can use:

This dragon was hatched in the [Clan element] lair of [Your Username], this dragon is part of Annebelle 's memory project, traded in loving memory of a dear loved one.
If you are considering exalting please contact Annebelle about selling the dragon back to her instead.

You can change the bio of a dragon you adopt, just ping @Annebelle so she can update the records accordingly.

Letters from adopted dragons are always loved and will be added to the family tree record if received! They are in no way required but would be great fun!

DONATIONS
If you would like to make a financial or food donation feel free to send a One-Way CR
Donations of more than one descendant are usually fine, If I can't take more than one hatchling I will let you know why (Probably just lair space)
NOTES

As stated above please send me a CR after posting here. You do not need to wait for confirmation, please just send it.

Also I will only be logging in once daily, at random times so please allow at least 24 hours for me to accept your CR.

A GREAT BIG THANKS to those who have sent me more than 1 treasure in exchange for their dragons! I have a couple genes to save for for permanent clan members, and then I hope to host a couple special story events and contests if interest stays high in this project, your donations are going to good use!
NOTES

As stated above please send me a CR after posting here. You do not need to wait for confirmation, please just send it.

Also I will only be logging in once daily, at random times so please allow at least 24 hours for me to accept your CR.

A GREAT BIG THANKS to those who have sent me more than 1 treasure in exchange for their dragons! I have a couple genes to save for for permanent clan members, and then I hope to host a couple special story events and contests if interest stays high in this project, your donations are going to good use!
[quote]These may or may not be up to date, I might pull the links down if I don't get caught up soon[/quote] Spreadsheet record of adoptions and Descendants sent: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JwxXzGfpFz-pzKDGUPkQjpg2TpEkFZ6XnopWGhiDE0Y/edit?usp=sharing Google Slide show record of Annebelle's clan! With pictures and full bios! https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1y_4rVX7f3QUEfJC--M8HW8-EDiLl64-6ArMnurovfu4/edit?usp=sharing I plan on fancying it up a bit and organizing it better, so that descendants are listed near their relations, but for now it's like this. enjoy!
Quote:
These may or may not be up to date, I might pull the links down if I don't get caught up soon

Spreadsheet record of adoptions and Descendants sent:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JwxXzGfpFz-pzKDGUPkQjpg2TpEkFZ6XnopWGhiDE0Y/edit?usp=sharing

Google Slide show record of Annebelle's clan! With pictures and full bios!

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1y_4rVX7f3QUEfJC--M8HW8-EDiLl64-6ArMnurovfu4/edit?usp=sharing

I plan on fancying it up a bit and organizing it better, so that descendants are listed near their relations, but for now it's like this. enjoy!
reserved, I might need these, who knows!
reserved, I might need these, who knows!
@Annebelle Thanks for the ping! Is it still one dragon per person? There are two I'd like to take home with me and turn into projects. :)
@Annebelle Thanks for the ping! Is it still one dragon per person? There are two I'd like to take home with me and turn into projects. :)
h1_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkwo.pngp4_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkvi.png
p2_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkvq.pngh5_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkw2.png
h3_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkwg.pngh6_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkvu.png
@Annebelle Oh, and I'd like Merlino and Kyndall/Alwyn if possible.
@Annebelle Oh, and I'd like Merlino and Kyndall/Alwyn if possible.
I made a rule up top that says One trade every three days, so you're both welcome to a second trade on the 27th :)

So @ZenithNadir and @Sucrose go ahead and send a CR for your first choice, if I'm reading right thats Merlino for Zenith and Alwyn for Sucrose (based on the order you wrote names and Sucrose posting first)
I made a rule up top that says One trade every three days, so you're both welcome to a second trade on the 27th :)

So @ZenithNadir and @Sucrose go ahead and send a CR for your first choice, if I'm reading right thats Merlino for Zenith and Alwyn for Sucrose (based on the order you wrote names and Sucrose posting first)
@Annebelle I think I'll take Kyndall first actually, if that's alright!
@Annebelle I think I'll take Kyndall first actually, if that's alright!
@ZenithNadir, sounds great!
@ZenithNadir, sounds great!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22