Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Watermelons Unite! [Lineage]
1 2 ... 89 90 91 92 93 ... 146 147
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/zKc9wwe.png[/img][/center] [quote=coolrat]The sight of the four pillars was enough to even make Sweetpea worry. She didn't like magical threats, she preferred to fight things that would stop causing problems after a few blows to the face. With two parties already beginning to emerge, she decided to speak up. "I'll take the western pillar. We don't know what's waiting for us out there, so I'd prefer it if a caster could come with me," she said. Chances were, there would be one of those freaky Coatls at each of the pillars, and brute force wouldn't do too much to them. But no matter what was waiting for her, Sweetpea was ready to defend her home and her kin. The Forsaken Fruit were fools for this attack, and she was ready to make them regret it. [/quote] [quote=Phoenyxx]Florian decided to join Sweetpea to head to the western pillar, he wasn't necessarily a caster but his wind magic and crystals may be of use fir her - and maybe a caster can join them before they head out as well. [/quote] [rule]Sweetpea and Florian have to blink snowflake from their eyes, shivering as ice tries to congeal upon their scales. Winter has always been cold ... but this ... this is something that one would expect to experience only in the Shadowlands. The sheer volume of magic coming from the column of magic in the distance is dazzling. Such power ... all of it being directed towards trying to destroy your precious farm and the melons it contains. Such a waste. Your anger lends you strength and seems to help you fight the cold at least a little. The Forsaken Fruit will not destroy- Several trees fall with a deafening cracking sound, two or three others actually flying upwards into the air with the force of Yesult's ascension into the sky. He turns slowly, gracefully in slow corkscrews up into the sky. His wings spread outward with unbelievable force, scattering the gray clouds as easily as a strong gust of wind scatters leaves. His cold, horrible eyes can be felt scanning the area, clearly on guard duty. He doesn't seem to have spotted you yet, and he's turned so his back is to you. You could try to ambush him ... or should you try to take cover and hide? [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/730993/73099297_350.png[/img][/center] The choice is yours. [rule] [quote=coolrat]Sweetpea had not forgotten Yesult's attack of the farm from a few months ago, nor had she forgotten the strange Coatl's strength. He was certainly a powerful foe, but without his little witch friend he could be defeated. And the sooner, the better. Even if he was on high alert, Sweetpea could still ambush him, like she'd done hundreds of times with other foes. "Florian," she whispered, just loud enough so that the wind wouldn't imminently carry her voice away, "Be be ready to fight." She lowered her body into a crouch, every muscle tensed as she watched his movements closely. One shot, she thought, If I can end this in one shot, I can protect them. Now. The Obelisk sprung into the air, every single part of her body forcing her towards Yesult. Her claws spread out instinctively, ready to grab his head and slam him into the ground. For my family, she thought, for Mom and Dad, for my sisters and brothers, for my children, her mind rattled off the list of those she cared about as she inched closer and closer. For the farm.[/quote] [quote=Phoenyxx]Florian travelled close to Sweetpea as they descended across enemy coatl, he could feel the anger radiating off her as she stood next to him, "Florian" she whispered to him, "Be ready to fight". Florian let out a low hmm in reply slightly nodding to the Obelisk as she crouched down watching the coatl's movements. Florian flapped his his wings slightly hovering in the sky, using his wind magic to conceal the sounds of his movements so he was not heard, he flew to the side into the trees at a diagonal approach to the enemy- with Sweetpea giving a direct attack he could provide a second ambush and attack once she makes contact and he turns his attention to her. Before he could even think another thought, Sweetpea shoots out, her claws spreading toward the enemy ready to grab him to force him to the ground. Florain grabs his crystals to use their magic - he knew he would need every bit of elemental magic for this, he braced himself watching and she drew closer to the coatl who has done so much to their family; Lets end this.[/quote] [rule] Yesult turns a second too late. You both crash into him, driving him from the air towards the forest floor far below. He growls and turns, sinking his teeth into Sweetpea's wing joint and clawing at the membrane of Florian. He isn't trying to break loose. He's using his body and weight to ensure neither of you can easily escape. The three of you enter a death spiral, falling faster and faster towards the forest floor below. You'll surely be shattered on the forest floor! A strong surge of magic preludes a flash of light. Quite suddenly, there is an enormous mound of snow between the three of you and the ground. The impact knocks the three of you in different directions, Yesult rolling with a loud clattering of scales and armor across the ground. He rolls to a halt at the paws of another couatl, bearing the mark of the Forsaken Fruit on her left thigh. She is dressed all in black silk of the finest making, her eyes just visible beneath the brim of a large hat. You hear the jingling of jewelry that she wears on her tail and around her neck. Far more unnerving is the glowing, wisp like limbs crawling up from her wing joints across the membrane of her wings. The hands continuously clutch and grasp as if seeking escape, yet they can never seem to escape their prison within the couatl before you. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72992805][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/729929/72992805_350.png[/img][/url][/center] "What are you doing, Yesult?" She asks coldly, glaring at the couatl as he attempts to find his paws and stand. She hisses a word that creates an icicle that she drives into his forepaws. The temperature is so cold that the blood coming from the wounds immediately congeals. "You are a disgrace." She turns those cold eyes onto the two of you, something dark and terrible stirring behind her ice blue pupils. [rule] [quote=coolrat]It took Sweetpea a whole three seconds to register what was going on. One second to realize that everyone was saved by this stranger. One second to notice an incapacitated Yesult on the ground. And one second to realize that she was totally out of her depth. But still, there was no way they could run now. This new Coatl was powerful, and there was no way that she'd let them flee. Sweetpea picked herself up off the ground and rose to her full height. She spread both her wings out, ignoring the pain from the fresh wound, making sure to show the full extent of her size and strength. She didn't say a word, but she knew the glare she gave the newcomer was enough. I'm going to fight you, and I don't care how badly I might get hurt. It was a look she had only been on the receiving end of up until now, usually it came from injured beasts or lone Beastclan. And every time, without fail, they were hell to fight. She dropped to the ground and prepared to fight. Even as the adrenaline flowing through her urged her to launch herself at the caster, she stayed still, waiting for someone to make the first move. The Forsaken Fruit really had no idea who they were messing with. [/quote] [quote=Phoenyxx]Florian lifts him self off the ground shrugging off the pain that the scratches Yesult has left on his body - beside him Sweetpea stands up stretching out , he can tell by her eyes that she will not be stopped, and wont stop no matter what the cost is. As she sinks to the ground waiting for someone to make a move. Florian grabs his crystals and channels wind magic to made a vortex around them making it harder for their enemy to move or cast, he knows this is a powerful enemy and they will need some way to slow them down. Grabbing a fire crystal in his claw he gets ready to throw it toward the cotal as soon as she makes a step, she may be strong but ice can always succumb to fire. [/quote] [rule] The female couatl considers the two of you, her silks beginning to ripple in the powerful gusts of wind swirling around Florian. She looks at Yesult and then closes her eyes with an exasperated sigh. "I do not have time to deal with the two of you." She opens her eyes to reveal they have turned a fathomless black with horrid white pupils. "I have a spell to complete and a farm to destroy." She whispers a word and the world becomes consumed in a horrible darkness that seems to emerge from everywhere all at once. The darkness begins to move swiftly around you both like leaves in a dust devil. You can see ... things in the darkness. This isn't magic. The darkness is *alive* It begins to close in on all sides, but slows when it comes into contact with the wind Florian is channeling. It begins to close in again, struggling against the magic wall. A horrible wailing can be heard coming from the darkness and the things trapped within it. It wants to consume you both! And then you see it. A terrible figure that is standing just outside the darkness - no - the *mist* The figure is a hulking mass of bones wrapped in rotting cloth and horrid wings that only could be found upon the shoulders of a demon. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/16487.png[/img][/center] [rule] [quote=coolrat]Sweetpea was not scared, much to her surprise. The... thing infront of her didn't even register as a real threat, just an obstacle. If they could take it down, they could escape the darkness, and then they could stop the witch. She couldn't see the beast's eyes, if it even had them, but she stared approximately where they would be, sizing it up. It was bigger than her, but it could be defeated. "Florian," she said, steam curling out of her mouth and nose, "From what that Coatl said, I think they're running out of time to complete the spell. If you wanted to risk flying through the darkness, you could probably catch up to her and buy some time." She looked back at the beast, which still hadn't moved. "Or, you could help me fight this thing. Either way, I'm taking this thing down." She dropped back into a fighting stance, a position which was becoming all too familiar recently. In a strange way, she was almost thankful for the beast's arrival. Now she finally had a problem which could be solved by fighting. This'll all be over soon, she thought, just gotta get rid of this creepy bag of bones.[/quote] [rule] The fiendish abomination gazes down at you with horrid, empty eyes. The miasma swirling around you both begins to churn and spin faster, a horrible wailing filling the air. It regards you levelly before simply lifting a skeletal hand. The miasma comes closing in on all sides as a scythe as tall as the monster with a wicked curved blade with terrible teeth along the blade appears in its other hand. It begins to slowly surge towards you, making the wall of miasma close in as it does, scythe at the ready. This ... demon does not fear you. [rule] [quote=Phoenyxx]Florian looked to what faced them then back to Sweetpea, he knew she could handle this alone, "You got it, ill try and buy some time - stay safe" he said to her as he casted more wind magic around him before shooting up into the air out of the darkness that surrounded him. He scanned the area before noticing a small path that the female cotal came out of and he shoots down it, stopping his wind spell so he wont be heard. Once finally catches up to her, seeing her frame in the distance he picks up his fire crystal throwing it in her direction, in midair it turns into a fire ball aimed straight for her, If this doesn't hit and she deflects , he thinks at least it will distract her from continuing her spell.[/quote] [rule] The couatl glances dismissively over her shoulder at the encroaching ball of fire as it rolls towards her - tongues of flame reaching greedily at the trees around it so as to set the entire forest on fire. She hisses something beneath her breath. And Yesult, covered in a thin veil of magic, rushes forward, using his claws to cut the fireball in half so the two halves go in separate directions, erupting into columns of flame that clear even the tops of the trees. The warrior snarls with fury, still bleeding from his wounds. "You are persistent, little fey," hisses the witch, "persistent ... and foolish." She closes her eyes and screeches a word to the sky. The pillar of light begins to pulse and fluctuate rapidly. [rule] [quote=Phoenyxx]Florian stares into the sky as the light pillar begins to pulse, know this is a bad sign he rushes forward casting a shadow crystal which then turns into purple sticky goop that entangles around Yesult - he shoots by him hoping the goop holds him back or else he will be in a two on one which is not a good situation. As he rushes by him, Florian decides to head straight to the pillar of light racing past with the aid of his wind magic, hoping that he can get past her fast enough so she dose not have time to stop him. I dont know what this pillar does, but it needs to be destroyed he thinks. He quickly throws three crystals would deal damaged to light; an arcane, nature, and lightning crystal which turns into respectable bolts heading straight toward the pillar. Hopefully at least one hits he thinks, and lets hope they dont stop them all.[/quote] [quote=coolrat]Sweetpea watched the beast's movements closely, looking for any possible weakness. She knew that its weapon would be trouble, if it landed even one good hit on her she'd be gone for sure. The darkness following it couldn't be good, either, so she'd need to avoid that. It's slow, she noticed. This thing was probably too big to take down in one strike, but if she could land several small attacks over time while dodging, it might do the trick. She let it get closer until she was just out of the scythe's reach, and sprung at the demon, raking her claws against the right wing's carpals. Imminently, she jumped back, and began looking for her next opening. If I can keep this up, it'll be dead in no time, she thought, In fact, this might even be a little bit fun. Her mouth curled into a tiny smirk. Those Forsaken Fruit won't know what hit them.[/quote] [rule] The demon makes a sound of fury, swinging its massive scythe where you were a moment before. The enormous blade cleaves a furrow 30ft long and 5ft deep. The edges of the furrow burns with sullen purple flames that hungrily begins to consume the trees of the forest. It wails its frustration and swipes at you again, the scythe missing you by inches. It waves a hand and the walls of miasma begin to move towards you in an enormous tidal wave. A blast of wintry wind makes you stumble as the pillar of magic collapses, exploding with the force of a hurricane. The miasma is dispersed, leaving you facing the enormous demon, which takes its scythe in both hands and screeches its challenge. [rule] Florian watches as the crystals roll and tumble through the air. The witch's eyes move onto yours for a moment - coldly considering a moment, and then she turns away to walk over to Yesult, who breaks loose of his shadowy restraints with a single violent motion. Even as the crystals explode, erupting into their different elements, she whispers something and a portal opens that she and Yesult walk through. The pillar *explodes* with a blast of ice magic that completely consumes you, coating your entire body in ice and snow, its added weight bringing you crashing to the ground with a jolting thump. You look up and find that the pillar is gone without any traces remaining. And then you hear the sound of battle occurring only a few yards away. Sweetpea is locked in combat, but your body is ... so ... heavy. [rule] [quote=Phoenyxx]The ice and snow completely cover Florian's body, he lifts his head from the snow to see that he was successful destroying the pillar but the to cotals have left and were nowhere to be found. He tries to move, successfully shaking off the snow - the ice on the other hand was a different story. His wings and body was covered in ice making him unable to fly properly, he gets out some fire crystals activating them for warmth to try and melt off the annoying ice. As he was doing this he could hear Sweetpea locked in battle still against the creature, they are not very far away, he thinks, I need to go there. He picks his wings up and holds the fire crystals close as they slowly melt the ice off his body, he makes his way slowly to the sound of battle that is not very far from him [/quote] [quote=coolrat]Sweetpea lets out a cry of her own, launching herself at the demon. She beats her wings once, just enough to get her high enough for her to grab its left shoulder with her right arm. She used her momentum to swing around, and after firmly planting her back legs on the beast's ribcage, kicked as hard as she could, taking to the air in the process. While her foe was stunned, she took a moment to look at where the pillar had been. Sure enough, there wasn't a trace. She and Florian had succeeded, and now they had to trust in the other melons to do the same. The demon was once again ready to attack, and Sweetpea resumed a fighting stance. As long as she could keep away from its weapon, she had enough endurance to keep fighting it. She took in a deep breath and roared at the beast, ready for the fight to once again resume. [/quote] [rule] Sweetpea continues to battle with the towering demon, whose scythe is only a hair's breath from cleaving her in half. There is a loud *crack* as the ice covering Florian's body shatters, the cold leaving him feeling sluggish and slow. The demon slowly turns to look back at him and then looks back at Sweetpea, those fathomless dark sockets gazing deeply into her soul. "...you will live ... for now." It whispers in a cold voice. "Mark my words ... I shall reap your life and the lives of all those you hold dear." A whirlwind of miasma kicks up and, when it passes, it is gone. [rule] [quote=coolrat]Sweetpea watched the beast go, and as her adrenaline slowly wore off, she came to realize there was no way she was going to be able to help the others with the pillars. She and Florian had done their jobs, Yesult and the stranger fled, along with the demon, and the western pillar was gone. "I'm beat," she told the Fae, "I'm heading back to the farm, it's up to the others to do their part." She stretched her wings, realizing with a jolt how cold it truly is, and lifted off. The other three towers of magic still stood, and seeing them filled Sweetpea with worry. Was everyone okay? Could they handle what awaited them, whatever that may be? If only she wasn't so worn out, in her current state she would only hinder them. No, in her current state the best thing she could do was go back home, and help protect the farm from within. There would be plenty of time for fighting later, after all, that demon had promised another battle, and when that day came, she'd be ready. But for now, the farm was more important than any fight. [/quote] [quote=Phoenyxx]Florian watches the creature disappear before relaxing his body, finally able to breathe and relax from the hard battle. Both him and Sweetpea deciding to head back to the farm to heal their injuries and rest as they would not be much help going after more pillars when they were drained from battle.[/quote] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3055369/40#post_49741169][img]https://i.imgur.com/rYdMTNn.png[/img][/url][/center]
zKc9wwe.png
coolrat wrote:
The sight of the four pillars was enough to even make Sweetpea worry. She didn't like magical threats, she preferred to fight things that would stop causing problems after a few blows to the face. With two parties already beginning to emerge, she decided to speak up.

"I'll take the western pillar. We don't know what's waiting for us out there, so I'd prefer it if a caster could come with me," she said. Chances were, there would be one of those freaky Coatls at each of the pillars, and brute force wouldn't do too much to them.

But no matter what was waiting for her, Sweetpea was ready to defend her home and her kin. The Forsaken Fruit were fools for this attack, and she was ready to make them regret it.
Phoenyxx wrote:
Florian decided to join Sweetpea to head to the western pillar, he wasn't necessarily a caster but his wind magic and crystals may be of use fir her - and maybe a caster can join them before they head out as well.

Sweetpea and Florian have to blink snowflake from their eyes, shivering as ice tries to congeal upon their scales. Winter has always been cold ... but this ... this is something that one would expect to experience only in the Shadowlands. The sheer volume of magic coming from the column of magic in the distance is dazzling. Such power ... all of it being directed towards trying to destroy your precious farm and the melons it contains. Such a waste.

Your anger lends you strength and seems to help you fight the cold at least a little. The Forsaken Fruit will not destroy-

Several trees fall with a deafening cracking sound, two or three others actually flying upwards into the air with the force of Yesult's ascension into the sky. He turns slowly, gracefully in slow corkscrews up into the sky. His wings spread outward with unbelievable force, scattering the gray clouds as easily as a strong gust of wind scatters leaves. His cold, horrible eyes can be felt scanning the area, clearly on guard duty. He doesn't seem to have spotted you yet, and he's turned so his back is to you. You could try to ambush him ... or should you try to take cover and hide?
73099297_350.png

The choice is yours.
coolrat wrote:
Sweetpea had not forgotten Yesult's attack of the farm from a few months ago, nor had she forgotten the strange Coatl's strength. He was certainly a powerful foe, but without his little witch friend he could be defeated.

And the sooner, the better. Even if he was on high alert, Sweetpea could still ambush him, like she'd done hundreds of times with other foes. "Florian," she whispered, just loud enough so that the wind wouldn't imminently carry her voice away, "Be be ready to fight."

She lowered her body into a crouch, every muscle tensed as she watched his movements closely. One shot, she thought, If I can end this in one shot, I can protect them.

Now. The Obelisk sprung into the air, every single part of her body forcing her towards Yesult. Her claws spread out instinctively, ready to grab his head and slam him into the ground. For my family, she thought, for Mom and Dad, for my sisters and brothers, for my children, her mind rattled off the list of those she cared about as she inched closer and closer.

For the farm.
Phoenyxx wrote:
Florian travelled close to Sweetpea as they descended across enemy coatl, he could feel the anger radiating off her as she stood next to him, "Florian" she whispered to him, "Be ready to fight". Florian let out a low hmm in reply slightly nodding to the Obelisk as she crouched down watching the coatl's movements.

Florian flapped his his wings slightly hovering in the sky, using his wind magic to conceal the sounds of his movements so he was not heard, he flew to the side into the trees at a diagonal approach to the enemy- with Sweetpea giving a direct attack he could provide a second ambush and attack once she makes contact and he turns his attention to her.

Before he could even think another thought, Sweetpea shoots out, her claws spreading toward the enemy ready to grab him to force him to the ground. Florain grabs his crystals to use their magic - he knew he would need every bit of elemental magic for this, he braced himself watching and she drew closer to the coatl who has done so much to their family;

Lets end this.

Yesult turns a second too late. You both crash into him, driving him from the air towards the forest floor far below. He growls and turns, sinking his teeth into Sweetpea's wing joint and clawing at the membrane of Florian. He isn't trying to break loose. He's using his body and weight to ensure neither of you can easily escape. The three of you enter a death spiral, falling faster and faster towards the forest floor below. You'll surely be shattered on the forest floor!

A strong surge of magic preludes a flash of light. Quite suddenly, there is an enormous mound of snow between the three of you and the ground. The impact knocks the three of you in different directions, Yesult rolling with a loud clattering of scales and armor across the ground. He rolls to a halt at the paws of another couatl, bearing the mark of the Forsaken Fruit on her left thigh. She is dressed all in black silk of the finest making, her eyes just visible beneath the brim of a large hat. You hear the jingling of jewelry that she wears on her tail and around her neck.

Far more unnerving is the glowing, wisp like limbs crawling up from her wing joints across the membrane of her wings. The hands continuously clutch and grasp as if seeking escape, yet they can never seem to escape their prison within the couatl before you.
72992805_350.png

"What are you doing, Yesult?" She asks coldly, glaring at the couatl as he attempts to find his paws and stand. She hisses a word that creates an icicle that she drives into his forepaws. The temperature is so cold that the blood coming from the wounds immediately congeals. "You are a disgrace." She turns those cold eyes onto the two of you, something dark and terrible stirring behind her ice blue pupils.
coolrat wrote:
It took Sweetpea a whole three seconds to register what was going on. One second to realize that everyone was saved by this stranger. One second to notice an incapacitated Yesult on the ground. And one second to realize that she was totally out of her depth.

But still, there was no way they could run now. This new Coatl was powerful, and there was no way that she'd let them flee. Sweetpea picked herself up off the ground and rose to her full height. She spread both her wings out, ignoring the pain from the fresh wound, making sure to show the full extent of her size and strength.

She didn't say a word, but she knew the glare she gave the newcomer was enough. I'm going to fight you, and I don't care how badly I might get hurt. It was a look she had only been on the receiving end of up until now, usually it came from injured beasts or lone Beastclan. And every time, without fail, they were hell to fight.

She dropped to the ground and prepared to fight. Even as the adrenaline flowing through her urged her to launch herself at the caster, she stayed still, waiting for someone to make the first move. The Forsaken Fruit really had no idea who they were messing with.
Phoenyxx wrote:
Florian lifts him self off the ground shrugging off the pain that the scratches Yesult has left on his body - beside him Sweetpea stands up stretching out , he can tell by her eyes that she will not be stopped, and wont stop no matter what the cost is. As she sinks to the ground waiting for someone to make a move. Florian grabs his crystals and channels wind magic to made a vortex around them making it harder for their enemy to move or cast, he knows this is a powerful enemy and they will need some way to slow them down.

Grabbing a fire crystal in his claw he gets ready to throw it toward the cotal as soon as she makes a step, she may be strong but ice can always succumb to fire.

The female couatl considers the two of you, her silks beginning to ripple in the powerful gusts of wind swirling around Florian. She looks at Yesult and then closes her eyes with an exasperated sigh.

"I do not have time to deal with the two of you." She opens her eyes to reveal they have turned a fathomless black with horrid white pupils. "I have a spell to complete and a farm to destroy."

She whispers a word and the world becomes consumed in a horrible darkness that seems to emerge from everywhere all at once. The darkness begins to move swiftly around you both like leaves in a dust devil. You can see ... things in the darkness. This isn't magic. The darkness is *alive*

It begins to close in on all sides, but slows when it comes into contact with the wind Florian is channeling. It begins to close in again, struggling against the magic wall. A horrible wailing can be heard coming from the darkness and the things trapped within it. It wants to consume you both!

And then you see it. A terrible figure that is standing just outside the darkness - no - the *mist* The figure is a hulking mass of bones wrapped in rotting cloth and horrid wings that only could be found upon the shoulders of a demon.
16487.png

coolrat wrote:
Sweetpea was not scared, much to her surprise. The... thing infront of her didn't even register as a real threat, just an obstacle. If they could take it down, they could escape the darkness, and then they could stop the witch.

She couldn't see the beast's eyes, if it even had them, but she stared approximately where they would be, sizing it up. It was bigger than her, but it could be defeated.

"Florian," she said, steam curling out of her mouth and nose, "From what that Coatl said, I think they're running out of time to complete the spell. If you wanted to risk flying through the darkness, you could probably catch up to her and buy some time." She looked back at the beast, which still hadn't moved. "Or, you could help me fight this thing. Either way, I'm taking this thing down."

She dropped back into a fighting stance, a position which was becoming all too familiar recently. In a strange way, she was almost thankful for the beast's arrival. Now she finally had a problem which could be solved by fighting. This'll all be over soon, she thought, just gotta get rid of this creepy bag of bones.

The fiendish abomination gazes down at you with horrid, empty eyes. The miasma swirling around you both begins to churn and spin faster, a horrible wailing filling the air. It regards you levelly before simply lifting a skeletal hand. The miasma comes closing in on all sides as a scythe as tall as the monster with a wicked curved blade with terrible teeth along the blade appears in its other hand. It begins to slowly surge towards you, making the wall of miasma close in as it does, scythe at the ready.

This ... demon does not fear you.
Phoenyxx wrote:
Florian looked to what faced them then back to Sweetpea, he knew she could handle this alone, "You got it, ill try and buy some time - stay safe" he said to her as he casted more wind magic around him before shooting up into the air out of the darkness that surrounded him.

He scanned the area before noticing a small path that the female cotal came out of and he shoots down it, stopping his wind spell so he wont be heard. Once finally catches up to her, seeing her frame in the distance he picks up his fire crystal throwing it in her direction, in midair it turns into a fire ball aimed straight for her, If this doesn't hit and she deflects , he thinks at least it will distract her from continuing her spell.

The couatl glances dismissively over her shoulder at the encroaching ball of fire as it rolls towards her - tongues of flame reaching greedily at the trees around it so as to set the entire forest on fire. She hisses something beneath her breath.

And Yesult, covered in a thin veil of magic, rushes forward, using his claws to cut the fireball in half so the two halves go in separate directions, erupting into columns of flame that clear even the tops of the trees. The warrior snarls with fury, still bleeding from his wounds.

"You are persistent, little fey," hisses the witch, "persistent ... and foolish." She closes her eyes and screeches a word to the sky. The pillar of light begins to pulse and fluctuate rapidly.
Phoenyxx wrote:
Florian stares into the sky as the light pillar begins to pulse, know this is a bad sign he rushes forward casting a shadow crystal which then turns into purple sticky goop that entangles around Yesult - he shoots by him hoping the goop holds him back or else he will be in a two on one which is not a good situation.

As he rushes by him, Florian decides to head straight to the pillar of light racing past with the aid of his wind magic, hoping that he can get past her fast enough so she dose not have time to stop him. I dont know what this pillar does, but it needs to be destroyed he thinks. He quickly throws three crystals would deal damaged to light; an arcane, nature, and lightning crystal which turns into respectable bolts heading straight toward the pillar.

Hopefully at least one hits he thinks, and lets hope they dont stop them all.
coolrat wrote:
Sweetpea watched the beast's movements closely, looking for any possible weakness. She knew that its weapon would be trouble, if it landed even one good hit on her she'd be gone for sure. The darkness following it couldn't be good, either, so she'd need to avoid that.

It's slow, she noticed. This thing was probably too big to take down in one strike, but if she could land several small attacks over time while dodging, it might do the trick.

She let it get closer until she was just out of the scythe's reach, and sprung at the demon, raking her claws against the right wing's carpals. Imminently, she jumped back, and began looking for her next opening.

If I can keep this up, it'll be dead in no time, she thought, In fact, this might even be a little bit fun. Her mouth curled into a tiny smirk. Those Forsaken Fruit won't know what hit them.

The demon makes a sound of fury, swinging its massive scythe where you were a moment before. The enormous blade cleaves a furrow 30ft long and 5ft deep. The edges of the furrow burns with sullen purple flames that hungrily begins to consume the trees of the forest. It wails its frustration and swipes at you again, the scythe missing you by inches. It waves a hand and the walls of miasma begin to move towards you in an enormous tidal wave.

A blast of wintry wind makes you stumble as the pillar of magic collapses, exploding with the force of a hurricane. The miasma is dispersed, leaving you facing the enormous demon, which takes its scythe in both hands and screeches its challenge.
Florian watches as the crystals roll and tumble through the air. The witch's eyes move onto yours for a moment - coldly considering a moment, and then she turns away to walk over to Yesult, who breaks loose of his shadowy restraints with a single violent motion. Even as the crystals explode, erupting into their different elements, she whispers something and a portal opens that she and Yesult walk through.

The pillar *explodes* with a blast of ice magic that completely consumes you, coating your entire body in ice and snow, its added weight bringing you crashing to the ground with a jolting thump. You look up and find that the pillar is gone without any traces remaining.

And then you hear the sound of battle occurring only a few yards away. Sweetpea is locked in combat, but your body is ... so ... heavy.
Phoenyxx wrote:
The ice and snow completely cover Florian's body, he lifts his head from the snow to see that he was successful destroying the pillar but the to cotals have left and were nowhere to be found. He tries to move, successfully shaking off the snow - the ice on the other hand was a different story.

His wings and body was covered in ice making him unable to fly properly, he gets out some fire crystals activating them for warmth to try and melt off the annoying ice. As he was doing this he could hear Sweetpea locked in battle still against the creature, they are not very far away, he thinks, I need to go there.

He picks his wings up and holds the fire crystals close as they slowly melt the ice off his body, he makes his way slowly to the sound of battle that is not very far from him
coolrat wrote:
Sweetpea lets out a cry of her own, launching herself at the demon. She beats her wings once, just enough to get her high enough for her to grab its left shoulder with her right arm. She used her momentum to swing around, and after firmly planting her back legs on the beast's ribcage, kicked as hard as she could, taking to the air in the process.

While her foe was stunned, she took a moment to look at where the pillar had been. Sure enough, there wasn't a trace. She and Florian had succeeded, and now they had to trust in the other melons to do the same.

The demon was once again ready to attack, and Sweetpea resumed a fighting stance. As long as she could keep away from its weapon, she had enough endurance to keep fighting it. She took in a deep breath and roared at the beast, ready for the fight to once again resume.

Sweetpea continues to battle with the towering demon, whose scythe is only a hair's breath from cleaving her in half. There is a loud *crack* as the ice covering Florian's body shatters, the cold leaving him feeling sluggish and slow. The demon slowly turns to look back at him and then looks back at Sweetpea, those fathomless dark sockets gazing deeply into her soul.

"...you will live ... for now." It whispers in a cold voice. "Mark my words ... I shall reap your life and the lives of all those you hold dear."

A whirlwind of miasma kicks up and, when it passes, it is gone.
coolrat wrote:
Sweetpea watched the beast go, and as her adrenaline slowly wore off, she came to realize there was no way she was going to be able to help the others with the pillars. She and Florian had done their jobs, Yesult and the stranger fled, along with the demon, and the western pillar was gone.

"I'm beat," she told the Fae, "I'm heading back to the farm, it's up to the others to do their part." She stretched her wings, realizing with a jolt how cold it truly is, and lifted off.

The other three towers of magic still stood, and seeing them filled Sweetpea with worry. Was everyone okay? Could they handle what awaited them, whatever that may be? If only she wasn't so worn out, in her current state she would only hinder them.

No, in her current state the best thing she could do was go back home, and help protect the farm from within. There would be plenty of time for fighting later, after all, that demon had promised another battle, and when that day came, she'd be ready. But for now, the farm was more important than any fight.
Phoenyxx wrote:
Florian watches the creature disappear before relaxing his body, finally able to breathe and relax from the hard battle. Both him and Sweetpea deciding to head back to the farm to heal their injuries and rest as they would not be much help going after more pillars when they were drained from battle.
rYdMTNn.png
The Seasonal Courts
Watermelons Unite!
Starborn Prophets
Nuvole Bianche
Oilbelisks
Untitled_Artwork_6.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/I5E9gVj.png[/img] [/center] [quote=ShinyQuagsire]The melody on the wind was chilling and filled Sprout with unease. Flo could tell that Sprout was unsettled. "What's wrong?" "I think it's just the winter cold really." There was a whistle on the wind that drew his attention to the window. The wind was picking up and the frost outside on the plants grew more and looked like a white fuzz. The window fogged over with ice at the edges. Rosaline and Flower opened the door a moment later. "Flo we need your help protecting the young ones. This frost isn't natural." Flo looked to Sprout and quickly gathered her spell tome and crystals and placed them in her satchel. "What ever it is please stay safe Sprout." Flo paused for a moment and kissed him on the top of his head. "Go to your family. We'll look after the garden here." She left their home with Rosaline and Flower. Sprout put on his hat and grabbed his instrument and left his house. Melondy was out in the garden in a panic. She had stopped using her druid magic and looked North. She growled low. "Melondy what is causing all this panic?" "They're in the forest to the North. My magic isn't stopping the corruption in the soil. If we don't stop them the melons will be lost. We have to hurry!" A figure stepped out of the shadows. "Then we leave now. There's no time to wait. Sprout we'll climb on Melondy and head back to the melon patch. It would take the both of us longer just by ourselves with our wings." Estrello climbed up on to Melondy's back. Sprout joined soon after. The unease bubbled and stirred within him. "I don't want to leave them." "I believe in their strength." The Veilspun scanned the sky and ground once Melondy was in the air. "Flo is good with magic and has everything covered." The forest vegetation became thicker the closer to their home melon patch. The distorted magic sense was stronger the closer to the forest Melondy got. She landed in the melon patch. Others in her family were in a frenzy making a shelter for the melons. She stared at the forest, a low growl rumbled in her chest. A crackling of ice drew her attention away from the forest. A dragon formed from the broken ice from a spell. The three focused on the figure flying above before it disappeared. "We have to stop them!" Estrello leaped off of Melondy's back. "We'll never get through the forest if we fly. It's too dangerous." Sprout slid off of Melondy's back and almost fell to the ground. He stumbled as his feet hit the ground. Melondy listened to the wind, trees, and plants. "Something is in the forest North, but there's more." She folded her wings and pressed them against her side. "You heard her. They have allies in the forest. We need to stop them." She walked to the forest edge full of determination. "Melondy wait!" Sprout hopped along behind her. Many of their family members were here to help. They were divided into groups to go after locations in the forest. Melondy stopped at the edge of the forest and focused and asked the plants and trees where to go. A gentle wind rustled her fur and the branches of the trees moving east. "We go East." "East then." Estrello caught up to the group. He looked to the other groups. "Are we covered in each direction?" He counted. Melindo and his father were going North. Anguria and her group were going south. Sweetpea and her group were going West. He looked to Melondy and Sprout. "I will follow in the shadows."[/quote] [rule] Melondy, Estrello, and Sprout glide along the arctic currents of air towards the pillar in the distance. The ripples of magic coming from it make your nerves sting and your eyes water. It isn't natural, and it must be stopped if you're to save the farm. There isn't much time before all the young melons freeze. You're still 100 yards away when you realize that you're having difficulty keeping yourself airborne. Your wings are struggling to keep you aloft because of the strong winds coming from up ahead. You could land and approach on foot ... or you can try to keep flying. [rule] [quote=ShinyQuagsire]Estrello hissed at the wind and squinted his eyes. "We move to the forest. No use straining ourselves up here." The Veilspun dipped and dove towards the ground and landed in the snow. Melondy and Sprout joined him a moment later. They made their way through the forest and Estrello kept to the shadows of the trees watching over Melody and Sprout. [/quote] [rule] The three of you land in the cover of the trees, the crunching of ice and snow preluding the chill that races from your paws up to your shoulders. Already the snow is almost six feet deep and crusted with ice. Even as you watch another layer of snow is added, coming from the pillar of magic. Soon it will be this deep all the way to the farm if the magic isn't stopped. It isn't far from- A frigid claw, as cold and sharp as an icicle, breaks through the snow and grabs Melondy's paw, three others grabbing onto Estrello and Sprout as well. A loud screech emerges from a dozen beaks as the monsters of Beastclan emerge from beneath the snow. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/13432.png[/img][/center] [rule] [quote=ShinyQuagsire]Frustrated with the snow and ice the group moved towards the tower. A claw grabbed Melondy. Startled by the movement she bites the creature. Two more joined in and grabbed Estrello and Sprout. Estrello slashes the creature trying to free himself so he can move to Sprout. Sprout takes out his lute and an inspirational melody dances on the wind. Estrello slashes the Arctic Hippalectryon trying to free himself, Melody bites at the Arctic Hippalectryon that grabbed her, and Sprout begins to play an inspirational song.[/quote] [rule] The various creatures of Beastclan give way before your assault. It takes a moment before the three of you realize what they're doing. They're focusing on attacking your wings! They seem to be trying to cripple them and head you off from reaching the pillar. [rule] [quote=ShinyQuagsire] Estrello and Sprout notice the damage to their wings, but are lucky to have Melondy here. They work at protecting Melondy from damage to her wings. Estrello growls and shouts to press forward to the tower as he slashes at the creatures around the group. Melondy lashes out with water magic to knock back creatures near her. Sprout climbs up onto Melondy's back to knock creatures away that get close to Melondy. The music he plays inspires the three to press forward to the tower. [/quote] [rule] The members of Beastclan cave, breaking away from the group, leaving their injured behind. They give a parting screech before they scramble towards the pillar. The cuts and nicks on everyone's wings are small, but numerous, it will take some time for you to be able to fly- From far above you hear a ground trembling roar. Hovering in the sky is an enormous flat creature that is keeping itself upright with the subtle ripples of its body. It gives another screech and begins to reign plaque magic down upon the three of you, maintaining an altitude to keep your claws from reaching it. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/7883.png[/img][/center] [rule] [quote=ShinyQuagsire]The beasts scattered and a Wave Sweeper joined the fight. "Great." Estrello hissed as plague magic fell from the creature. "Watch out!" It was too high for slash attacks. They had Melondy's water magic, but that Wave Sweeper needed to come down. "Throw me!" Estrello shouted at Melondy. He and Sprout were far shorter than the Imperial. "What? Are you mad?" Melondy huffed. "Throw me!" He was determined to bring that thing down. Melondy picked up the Veilspun and threw him. Estrello extended his claws ready to sink them into the Sweeper and bring it down. [/quote] [rule] The Wave Sweeper gives a loud sound as Estrello collides with it and manages to find purchase with her claws. It rolls and tumbles in the air to try and shake her off. When that fails, it gives a rolling sound that echoes across the forest. The trees begin to tremble as the sound of many approaching footsteps fills the air. [rule] [quote=ShinyQuagsire]"Quick Sprout on my back!" Melondy waited a moment for him to climb on and they took off towards the tower. They did not like the noises around them. Estrello hissed and clawed at the Wave Sweeper's back. He needed to get this thing down. He heard the noises from below. "Come on big guy." If he could maneuver it he could try and crash it into a approaching group towards Melondy and Sprout. Sprout plucked the strings of his instrument. "I can try to put them to sleep with music." This fight was picking up quickly. He focused on a gentle melody to play in his mind and plucked the strings along with the chords. The melody carrying on the wind[/quote] [rule] The trembling of the trees begins to slow, as if whatever was approaching is being affected by the magic. The pillar is just ahead, pulsating with magic that's releasing that horrible cold that threatens the precious melons back at the farm. You're almost there when another Wave Sweeper flies out, heading straight towards Sprout and Melondy, its body rippling to propel it towards the two of them while Estrello struggles to stay on the Wave Sweeper beneath her. [rule] [quote=ShinyQuagsire]Melondy turns and hisses in the direction of the sound. They tried to get some distance and the tower is there. Melondy uses water magic to lash out at the new Wave Sweeper. "Sprout play that song louder! Put them to sleep!" Sprout gathered himself and hopped off Melondy's back. He refocused on the gentle melody to play louder on the wind. The wind magic carrying the melody into the air. Estrello dug their claws into the wave sweeper and bit at it, frustrated he could not get the thing to move down. [/quote] [rule] The movement in the trees slows until it stops altogether. You can hear the sounds of deep breathing - obviously the approaching Beastclan monsters have succumbed to your magic. The Wave Sweepers make sounds of frustration and fury, their bodies continuing to ripple to keep them afloat. The one Estrello is astride performs a fast roll in the air, tossing him from its back so it can rise higher into the sky. They turn as one and fly away from you and the pillar. It looks abandoned but... [rule] [quote=ShinyQuagsire]The wind was knocked out of Estrello as he landed in the snow. He took a moment to get his breath back as he stared up at the sky. Sprout stopped playing and both he and Melondy watched the two wave sweepers fly away. "Where's Estrello? I hope he's not flying off with those Sweepers?" Sprout looked around. "The forest is quiet now. hmm." He noticed a hole in the snow. "Melondy over there!" He pointed. Two clawed hands popped over the edge of the hole and Estrello pulled himself up out of the the hole. He groaned and stretched out his wings and body. "ugh.....They gone?" He scanned the sky. "They're gone. Sprout managed to put the others asleep." Melondy replied as she walked up to Estrello with Sprout. "We should get going to the tower." The group turned their attention to the tower walking towards it. [/quote] [rule] The pillar seems to be completely comprised of light and is releasing an audible hum. The magic flowing from it is so unimaginably cold. It feels like it's stilling the blood in your veins. [rule] [quote=ShinyQuagsire]"It's so cold." Melondy shivered. "And bright." Sprout shaded his eyes to look at the pillar. There was a hum coming from the pillar. "How do we stop it? The snow will build up if we don't." Estrello looked around. "We could combine our magic. That may help." Melondy firmly planted herself to steady herself. She concentrated and formed a sphere of water. Estrello looked at the sphere and to the druid dragon. "That could work." He replied. Estrello focused for a moment. The shadows pooled underneath them and moved towards the sphere. The shadow swirled into the water sphere. Sprout played a melody and the wind joined in. The group shot the magical orb into the tower. The cold was biting and they shivered waiting to see what would happen. [/quote] [rule] The orb of magic crashes into the pillar ... and is absorbed into it. Nothing seems to happen for several moments. And then the pillar flashes and begins to release a high pitch sound like claws being dragged across glass. It fluxes twice more and then cracks, falling to pieces that become dust when they land on the ground. Immediately the air begins to feel warmer. You've done it! [rule] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3055369/40#post_49741169][img]https://i.imgur.com/rYdMTNn.png[/img][/url][/center]
I5E9gVj.png
ShinyQuagsire wrote:
The melody on the wind was chilling and filled Sprout with unease. Flo could tell that Sprout was unsettled. "What's wrong?"

"I think it's just the winter cold really." There was a whistle on the wind that drew his attention to the window. The wind was picking up and the frost outside on the plants grew more and looked like a white fuzz. The window fogged over with ice at the edges.

Rosaline and Flower opened the door a moment later. "Flo we need your help protecting the young ones. This frost isn't natural." Flo looked to Sprout and quickly gathered her spell tome and crystals and placed them in her satchel.

"What ever it is please stay safe Sprout." Flo paused for a moment and kissed him on the top of his head. "Go to your family. We'll look after the garden here." She left their home with Rosaline and Flower.

Sprout put on his hat and grabbed his instrument and left his house. Melondy was out in the garden in a panic. She had stopped using her druid magic and looked North. She growled low.

"Melondy what is causing all this panic?"

"They're in the forest to the North. My magic isn't stopping the corruption in the soil. If we don't stop them the melons will be lost. We have to hurry!"

A figure stepped out of the shadows. "Then we leave now. There's no time to wait. Sprout we'll climb on Melondy and head back to the melon patch. It would take the both of us longer just by ourselves with our wings." Estrello climbed up on to Melondy's back.

Sprout joined soon after. The unease bubbled and stirred within him. "I don't want to leave them."

"I believe in their strength." The Veilspun scanned the sky and ground once Melondy was in the air. "Flo is good with magic and has everything covered."
The forest vegetation became thicker the closer to their home melon patch.

The distorted magic sense was stronger the closer to the forest Melondy got. She landed in the melon patch. Others in her family were in a frenzy making a shelter for the melons. She stared at the forest, a low growl rumbled in her chest. A crackling of ice drew her attention away from the forest. A dragon formed from the broken ice from a spell.

The three focused on the figure flying above before it disappeared. "We have to stop them!" Estrello leaped off of Melondy's back.

"We'll never get through the forest if we fly. It's too dangerous." Sprout slid off of Melondy's back and almost fell to the ground. He stumbled as his feet hit the ground.

Melondy listened to the wind, trees, and plants. "Something is in the forest North, but there's more." She folded her wings and pressed them against her side. "You heard her. They have allies in the forest. We need to stop them." She walked to the forest edge full of determination.

"Melondy wait!" Sprout hopped along behind her.

Many of their family members were here to help. They were divided into groups to go after locations in the forest. Melondy stopped at the edge of the forest and focused and asked the plants and trees where to go. A gentle wind rustled her fur and the branches of the trees moving east. "We go East."

"East then." Estrello caught up to the group. He looked to the other groups. "Are we covered in each direction?" He counted. Melindo and his father were going North. Anguria and her group were going south. Sweetpea and her group were going West. He looked to Melondy and Sprout. "I will follow in the shadows."

Melondy, Estrello, and Sprout glide along the arctic currents of air towards the pillar in the distance. The ripples of magic coming from it make your nerves sting and your eyes water.

It isn't natural, and it must be stopped if you're to save the farm. There isn't much time before all the young melons freeze.

You're still 100 yards away when you realize that you're having difficulty keeping yourself airborne. Your wings are struggling to keep you aloft because of the strong winds coming from up ahead. You could land and approach on foot ... or you can try to keep flying.
ShinyQuagsire wrote:
Estrello hissed at the wind and squinted his eyes. "We move to the forest. No use straining ourselves up here." The Veilspun dipped and dove towards the ground and landed in the snow. Melondy and Sprout joined him a moment later. They made their way through the forest and Estrello kept to the shadows of the trees watching over Melody and Sprout.

The three of you land in the cover of the trees, the crunching of ice and snow preluding the chill that races from your paws up to your shoulders. Already the snow is almost six feet deep and crusted with ice. Even as you watch another layer of snow is added, coming from the pillar of magic. Soon it will be this deep all the way to the farm if the magic isn't stopped. It isn't far from-

A frigid claw, as cold and sharp as an icicle, breaks through the snow and grabs Melondy's paw, three others grabbing onto Estrello and Sprout as well. A loud screech emerges from a dozen beaks as the monsters of Beastclan emerge from beneath the snow.
13432.png

ShinyQuagsire wrote:
Frustrated with the snow and ice the group moved towards the tower. A claw grabbed Melondy. Startled by the movement she bites the creature. Two more joined in and grabbed Estrello and Sprout. Estrello slashes the creature trying to free himself so he can move to Sprout. Sprout takes out his lute and an inspirational melody dances on the wind.

Estrello slashes the Arctic Hippalectryon trying to free himself, Melody bites at the Arctic Hippalectryon that grabbed her, and Sprout begins to play an inspirational song.

The various creatures of Beastclan give way before your assault. It takes a moment before the three of you realize what they're doing. They're focusing on attacking your wings! They seem to be trying to cripple them and head you off from reaching the pillar.
ShinyQuagsire wrote:
Estrello and Sprout notice the damage to their wings, but are lucky to have Melondy here. They work at protecting Melondy from damage to her wings. Estrello growls and shouts to press forward to the tower as he slashes at the creatures around the group. Melondy lashes out with water magic to knock back creatures near her. Sprout climbs up onto Melondy's back to knock creatures away that get close to Melondy. The music he plays inspires the three to press forward to the tower.

The members of Beastclan cave, breaking away from the group, leaving their injured behind. They give a parting screech before they scramble towards the pillar. The cuts and nicks on everyone's wings are small, but numerous, it will take some time for you to be able to fly-

From far above you hear a ground trembling roar. Hovering in the sky is an enormous flat creature that is keeping itself upright with the subtle ripples of its body. It gives another screech and begins to reign plaque magic down upon the three of you, maintaining an altitude to keep your claws from reaching it.
7883.png

ShinyQuagsire wrote:
The beasts scattered and a Wave Sweeper joined the fight. "Great." Estrello hissed as plague magic fell from the creature. "Watch out!" It was too high for slash attacks. They had Melondy's water magic, but that Wave Sweeper needed to come down.

"Throw me!" Estrello shouted at Melondy. He and Sprout were far shorter than the Imperial.

"What? Are you mad?" Melondy huffed.

"Throw me!" He was determined to bring that thing down.

Melondy picked up the Veilspun and threw him. Estrello extended his claws ready to sink them into the Sweeper and bring it down.

The Wave Sweeper gives a loud sound as Estrello collides with it and manages to find purchase with her claws. It rolls and tumbles in the air to try and shake her off. When that fails, it gives a rolling sound that echoes across the forest. The trees begin to tremble as the sound of many approaching footsteps fills the air.
ShinyQuagsire wrote:
"Quick Sprout on my back!" Melondy waited a moment for him to climb on and they took off towards the tower. They did not like the noises around them.

Estrello hissed and clawed at the Wave Sweeper's back. He needed to get this thing down. He heard the noises from below. "Come on big guy." If he could maneuver it he could try and crash it into a approaching group towards Melondy and Sprout.

Sprout plucked the strings of his instrument. "I can try to put them to sleep with music." This fight was picking up quickly. He focused on a gentle melody to play in his mind and plucked the strings along with the chords. The melody carrying on the wind

The trembling of the trees begins to slow, as if whatever was approaching is being affected by the magic. The pillar is just ahead, pulsating with magic that's releasing that horrible cold that threatens the precious melons back at the farm. You're almost there when another Wave Sweeper flies out, heading straight towards Sprout and Melondy, its body rippling to propel it towards the two of them while Estrello struggles to stay on the Wave Sweeper beneath her.
ShinyQuagsire wrote:
Melondy turns and hisses in the direction of the sound. They tried to get some distance and the tower is there. Melondy uses water magic to lash out at the new Wave Sweeper. "Sprout play that song louder! Put them to sleep!"

Sprout gathered himself and hopped off Melondy's back. He refocused on the gentle melody to play louder on the wind. The wind magic carrying the melody into the air.

Estrello dug their claws into the wave sweeper and bit at it, frustrated he could not get the thing to move down.

The movement in the trees slows until it stops altogether. You can hear the sounds of deep breathing - obviously the approaching Beastclan monsters have succumbed to your magic. The Wave Sweepers make sounds of frustration and fury, their bodies continuing to ripple to keep them afloat. The one Estrello is astride performs a fast roll in the air, tossing him from its back so it can rise higher into the sky. They turn as one and fly away from you and the pillar. It looks abandoned but...
ShinyQuagsire wrote:
The wind was knocked out of Estrello as he landed in the snow. He took a moment to get his breath back as he stared up at the sky.

Sprout stopped playing and both he and Melondy watched the two wave sweepers fly away. "Where's Estrello? I hope he's not flying off with those Sweepers?" Sprout looked around. "The forest is quiet now. hmm." He noticed a hole in the snow. "Melondy over there!" He pointed.

Two clawed hands popped over the edge of the hole and Estrello pulled himself up out of the the hole. He groaned and stretched out his wings and body. "ugh.....They gone?" He scanned the sky.

"They're gone. Sprout managed to put the others asleep." Melondy replied as she walked up to Estrello with Sprout. "We should get going to the tower."

The group turned their attention to the tower walking towards it.

The pillar seems to be completely comprised of light and is releasing an audible hum. The magic flowing from it is so unimaginably cold. It feels like it's stilling the blood in your veins.
ShinyQuagsire wrote:
"It's so cold." Melondy shivered.

"And bright." Sprout shaded his eyes to look at the pillar. There was a hum coming from the pillar.

"How do we stop it? The snow will build up if we don't." Estrello looked around.

"We could combine our magic. That may help." Melondy firmly planted herself to steady herself. She concentrated and formed a sphere of water. Estrello looked at the sphere and to the druid dragon. "That could work." He replied.

Estrello focused for a moment. The shadows pooled underneath them and moved towards the sphere. The shadow swirled into the water sphere. Sprout played a melody and the wind joined in. The group shot the magical orb into the tower.

The cold was biting and they shivered waiting to see what would happen.

The orb of magic crashes into the pillar ... and is absorbed into it. Nothing seems to happen for several moments.

And then the pillar flashes and begins to release a high pitch sound like claws being dragged across glass. It fluxes twice more and then cracks, falling to pieces that become dust when they land on the ground. Immediately the air begins to feel warmer.

You've done it!
rYdMTNn.png
The Seasonal Courts
Watermelons Unite!
Starborn Prophets
Nuvole Bianche
Oilbelisks
Untitled_Artwork_6.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/ItBwJoA.png[/img][/center] [rule] While some melons travel out to fight the threat, others stay to protect the farm. [rule] [quote=Phoenyxx]Vera and Jade decided to stay back with the rest of their kin, helping Lanatus and the others build a greenhouse to help keep the young melons warm in this every growing frost.[/quote] [quote=Marching]Peel has spent her life watching over unhatched melons while her family fought there enemy’s. She was never really a fighter preferring to heal wounds and watch over young. She had never swung a sword or Strung a bow against another. Stay on the side-lines she certainly wasn’t brave and was honesty a coward. She knew this but she wasn’t perturbed. She had accepted this.[/quote] [quote=hyddenchyld]Merlot had stayed with the other dragons at the farm. While many were using their wisdom to plan the structure or strength to build it, the shadow Nocturne continued to use his magic to chip away at the frost. He didn't consider himself particularly strong, but he was determined to fight for as long as he was able. When he put his mind to it, he could stubbornly tackle a task until he'd solved it. Taking a moment to catch his breath, he looked around at his family working hard to protect the farm. He hadn't realized how many kin he had, nor that they would all so readily come running to support each other. He felt like he was part of something special, something wholesome. Together they would endure. With renewed determination he continued to chip away at the ice around him.[/quote] [quote=DravenSparrow]"I set up a tent to heal frostbite and any other wounds that come in so I'll be staying behind just in case, and with my Gustgather Sweetheart found and gave to me, hopefully, I can keep the tent a little warmed up for any new or returning dragons...." He tittered from his dad's head as he wormed up to just be in the Imperials line of sight. [/quote] [quote=Fantivity]Orangeglo is a scientist not a fighter she’ll continue helping relieve the frigid temperature with her primal fire magic She’d be happy to help Lanatus, but she’d likely recommend a greenhouse as they are designed to keep plants from dieing during the winter. She’d help design them and build them if she had a few able bodied melons to help build them, but for now she doesn’t see why his idea wouldn’t work temporarily mainly due to the fact that plants like natural light most. [/quote] [quote=StormHeart413]A flush crept up over Lanatus's face with embarrassment. "Greenhouse. Right. Plants. Duh..." He set down the huge log he was carrying and looked at Orangeglo. "I uh... I'd be happy to work on that instead, if you have any idea where we can get enough glass?" [/quote] [quote=Fantivity]Orangeglo gazes at him through her glasses before speaking “Sand is usually near water or it can be dug up or traded for when sand is heated at high temperatures it turns to glass, glass can also be bought, but as I said your idea would work as a temporary solution” [/quote] [quote=StormHeart413]Lanatus scooped his log back up. "Well alright then! So long as you think it'll work!" With that, he was off once more to set back to work. [/quote] [rule] But Lanatus would not work for long before he was interrupted! [rule] [quote=DravenSparrow]As the chill spread into the territory of the Lightweaver, Clover and his clanmates had started moving hatchlings and supplies deeper into the hidden Caverns in the Emperor's Wake. Why they made their home there was anyone's guess. As they finished up, he had started to feel the need to head home to the Patch... NOW. He wished his new mate goodbye and hastily rose into the sky, making haste towards home. Never on time, always extremely late to anything going on, a very very smol and young skydancer had finally gotten to the Patch, frost nipped at his claws and wingtips as he rushed in, lading gracefully for once in his life, though he had to flick his head upwards to keep the heavy crown from slipping off his face. His staff warmed a small area around him as it jingled around from his landing, soft yellow magic swirled around his being. He didn't exactly know what was going on but he hustled off in a flurry of magic and jingling apparel to set up a place to heal up any dragons that got hurt, or if the frost was too much for any dragon's feet or wings. Once the little medic space was set up he rushed over to his father Lanatus and hurried up to perch on his head, "Father! What is going on, how can I help?" He chirruped from Lanatus' head, nestling into his mane, right smack dab between his large green horns. [/quote] [quote=StormHeart413]He peered up at his itty bitty son. "That sounds fine too... I'm not sure what else you can do in the meantime, but you're welcome to keep me company as I continue to work." [/quote] [rule] While they caught up, Orangeglo has a visitor of her own! [rule] [quote=Sychra]Aelia was so bright with anger for a couple of days she had to wear a long black cape to protect the clans eyeballs. These awful, awful dragons were harming the eggs! Eggs!!! Not even hatched yet! Argh. The forbidden fruit didn’t even deserve to be called dragons! What had the melons ever done to them?! After a while her anger faded down and she realized she could help. She was also a scientist, not a fighter, so she would like to stay behind and help Orangeglo with the greenhouse. She is smaller than most, even full grown, but she believes she can help! She is also bringing her friend Dyri (who is not part of the watermelon lineage but is her interpreter,) and Dyri may be able to help with the building of the greenhouse.[/quote] [quote=Fantivity]Orangeglo is more than happy to accept the help of her daughter although she did learn sign language and all that to actually understand and communicate with her. It was fun to catch up while they worked. Orangeglo is currently working on plans for the greenhouse she will need strong melons to help tho. [/quote] [rule] Back at the farm, all of the dragons are hard at work researching the magic responsible for the sudden cold, helping in the construction of the green house, gathering firewood, and guarding the precious watermelons. Orangeglo has discovered a flaw in the ritual that is being used, one which will allow the dragons at the farm to create a field that will lessen the effects of the magic. The greenhouse is also nearing its completion. Then ... complications. It starts with just a few, all of them along the border of the farm, all of which flee the moment any dragons approach. Then, all at once, there's dozens of them everywhere! [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/22388.png[/img][/center] The Pocketmice surge into the farm in droves, leaving trails of ice everywhere they go! They start nibbling vines and root, ruining the soil, interfering with the construction of the greenhouse ... some of them even start to nibble the corners of all of Orangeglo's books! (Oh, the horror!) Something must be done! [rule] [quote=StormHeart413]Lanataus practically leaped into the air with a yelp when one skittered over his foot, dropping a massive log in the process. "No, no!! Not the melons!! Shoo, you little things, Shoo!" He may be working on building the greenhouse, but his priorities were on the melons. "Uh uh... Oh! We're always dealing with satin mice back in my lair, uhm.... I know they hate strong scents, peppermint specifically. If we can get peppermint oils or s-someTHING!!" With that he scampered off into the woods. He was far too large to deal with the mice on a one to one scale, but he did know what mint smelled like... if only he could find some now![/quote] [quote=Fantivity]This will likely make Orangeglo angry especially her books to the point she attacks the mice, creatures of ice don’t fare well against a angry fire dragon [/quote] [quote=Sychra]Aelia whirled around a flashed, bright, bright, bright. She ran to the drone and slipped the gloves on, sending it to dive down on to the pocketmice Orangeglo was attacking, poking them with sharp little claws in their eyes. [/quote] [quote=hyddenchyld]Back at the farm, Merlot becomes aware of the swarms of Pocketmice that have invaded. Now is the perfect chance to test out some battle theories he’s thought of, but never been able to try on real opponents! (Melindo didn’t think he was ready to go out hunting yet) He’s been practicing a move utilizing his habit of swooping down from high places to surprise his friends and tucking into a ball so that his spines poke his target. Sneaking up to the roof of the nearly completed greenhouse, Merlot positions himself so that he can see a group of Pocketmice below. Taking a moment to psyche himself up, he launches forward, tucking his limbs as he hurtles directly towards his opponents...[/quote] [rule] The Pocketmice squeak and flee before your various efforts and tactics. More than a few dragons claim a few trophies in the process - pelts and lots of delicious mice meat. Thankfully, your quick responses has lessened the damage to the farm. The fact that it was only Pocketmice seems very suggestive. Was this just a test? Is something worse coming? One of the pillars winks out of existence, a strong pulse of wintry air making everyone stumble a step. There's only three left! You all only need to hold out a little while longer... Outside the farm though ... a shadow stirs. [rule] You've cleared away the last of the dead Pocketmice. Trails of frost still cover the ground and you can see all the damaged roots from where they bit them. Already nature dragons have begun to try and repair the roots and heal the frost encrusted rime of the melons. Despite their numbers, your combined effort has kept the damage to a minimum. In the distance you can see that two of the pillars have fallen and only two remain. This horrible attack may soon be- [center]"Who is responsible- [b]for the death of my many-[/b] [i]children!?"[/i][/center] A swirl of noxious gas and a sound as subtle and terrible as a bell tolling on the darkest of nights preludes the appearance of a terrifying figure. Three heads move in a grotesque manner, each one speaking after the other to complete its sentences. It's body continues down to a twisted, deformed tail that has the appearance of a plaque root to some gnarled tree from the forest of a hatchling's nightmares. It's hands are tipped with horrid claws and a powerful sensation of dark magic swirls about it. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/25777.png[/img] "You have invoked the- [b]ire of the Rat Lord! Every-[/b] [i]melon shall be gnawed from rind to-[/i] core until naught a single one of- [b]you remains! Prepare and-[/b] [i]become a feast for my minions!"[/i][/center] It throws its arms wide, and from the cloud that hovers around the lower part of its body, a wave of rats emerge, surging towards the camp with malicious intent; eating everything in their path. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/25770.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/25771.png[/img][/center] [rule] [quote=hyddenchyld]Meanwhile, back at the farm, a new wave of rodents are attacking the melons! Merlot gets back to work attacking the invading rats, his claws slashing at the small pests as they nibble at the precious melons. He wasn't confident enough to take on the Rat Lord (at least not alone), but he would do his part to stop the invaders from destroying the farm.[/quote] [rule] The members of Beastclan begin to scatter before the onslaught of the defending melons, squeaking in fury as they do. They start to scamper for the trees. And then the Rat Lord raises all three of its voices. [center] "Those who flee- [b]will wish for[/b] [i]the release of death."[/i][/center] And then ... the three voices begin to sing a song - dark and sinister. The eyes of the rats turn blood red and their bodies begin to swell with strength and rage. sinister. They turn as one, driven to raw fury by the Rat Lord's horrible melody. [rule] [quote=hyddenchyld]Merlot watched in horror as the rats renewed their frenzy against the melon patch. He flew up and dived down, claws ripping at the rats that were desperately gnawing and clawing at the precious melons. As he defeated one cluster, he moved on to the next. Oh, how he wished that Melindo were here to help him! Just as he thought that, the Nocturne looked up to see his Obelisk cousin racing towards the farm. He wasn't sure if Melindo had been successful in his previous task, but he was sure glad that he'd arrived back at the farm to help against this onslaught. [rule] Melindo had come back to the farm to request aid for the injured Imperial, but had realized that something was amiss when he noticed way more rats than usual near the borders of the farm. He swiped his mighty claws left and right, knocking aside the tiny rodent foes as he continued on to the melon patch. There he saw his kin locked in a struggle against the horde, and a large Rat Lord was singing a sinister sounding song to its servants. This was not what he'd expected, but he'd deal with this new threat to his family, too.[/quote] [rule] The conclusion to this portion of the story takes place in the main portion of the lore book! [rule] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3055369/40#post_49741169][img]https://i.imgur.com/rYdMTNn.png[/img][/url][/center]
ItBwJoA.png

While some melons travel out to fight the threat, others stay to protect the farm.
Phoenyxx wrote:
Vera and Jade decided to stay back with the rest of their kin, helping Lanatus and the others build a greenhouse to help keep the young melons warm in this every growing frost.
Marching wrote:
Peel has spent her life watching over unhatched melons while her family fought there enemy’s. She was never really a fighter preferring to heal wounds and watch over young. She had never swung a sword or Strung a bow against another. Stay on the side-lines she certainly wasn’t brave and was honesty a coward. She knew this but she wasn’t perturbed. She had accepted this.
hyddenchyld wrote:
Merlot had stayed with the other dragons at the farm. While many were using their wisdom to plan the structure or strength to build it, the shadow Nocturne continued to use his magic to chip away at the frost. He didn't consider himself particularly strong, but he was determined to fight for as long as he was able. When he put his mind to it, he could stubbornly tackle a task until he'd solved it.

Taking a moment to catch his breath, he looked around at his family working hard to protect the farm. He hadn't realized how many kin he had, nor that they would all so readily come running to support each other. He felt like he was part of something special, something wholesome. Together they would endure.

With renewed determination he continued to chip away at the ice around him.
DravenSparrow wrote:
"I set up a tent to heal frostbite and any other wounds that come in so I'll be staying behind just in case, and with my Gustgather Sweetheart found and gave to me, hopefully, I can keep the tent a little warmed up for any new or returning dragons...." He tittered from his dad's head as he wormed up to just be in the Imperials line of sight.
Fantivity wrote:
Orangeglo is a scientist not a fighter she’ll continue helping relieve the frigid temperature with her primal fire magic

She’d be happy to help Lanatus, but she’d likely recommend a greenhouse as they are designed to keep plants from dieing during the winter. She’d help design them and build them if she had a few able bodied melons to help build them, but for now she doesn’t see why his idea wouldn’t work temporarily mainly due to the fact that plants like natural light most.
StormHeart413 wrote:
A flush crept up over Lanatus's face with embarrassment.
"Greenhouse. Right. Plants. Duh..."
He set down the huge log he was carrying and looked at Orangeglo.
"I uh... I'd be happy to work on that instead, if you have any idea where we can get enough glass?"
Fantivity wrote:
Orangeglo gazes at him through her glasses before speaking “Sand is usually near water or it can be dug up or traded for when sand is heated at high temperatures it turns to glass, glass can also be bought, but as I said your idea would work as a temporary solution”
StormHeart413 wrote:
Lanatus scooped his log back up.
"Well alright then! So long as you think it'll work!"
With that, he was off once more to set back to work.

But Lanatus would not work for long before he was interrupted!
DravenSparrow wrote:
As the chill spread into the territory of the Lightweaver, Clover and his clanmates had started moving hatchlings and supplies deeper into the hidden Caverns in the Emperor's Wake. Why they made their home there was anyone's guess. As they finished up, he had started to feel the need to head home to the Patch... NOW. He wished his new mate goodbye and hastily rose into the sky, making haste towards home.

Never on time, always extremely late to anything going on, a very very smol and young skydancer had finally gotten to the Patch, frost nipped at his claws and wingtips as he rushed in, lading gracefully for once in his life, though he had to flick his head upwards to keep the heavy crown from slipping off his face. His staff warmed a small area around him as it jingled around from his landing, soft yellow magic swirled around his being. He didn't exactly know what was going on but he hustled off in a flurry of magic and jingling apparel to set up a place to heal up any dragons that got hurt, or if the frost was too much for any dragon's feet or wings.

Once the little medic space was set up he rushed over to his father Lanatus and hurried up to perch on his head, "Father! What is going on, how can I help?" He chirruped from Lanatus' head, nestling into his mane, right smack dab between his large green horns.
StormHeart413 wrote:
He peered up at his itty bitty son.
"That sounds fine too... I'm not sure what else you can do in the meantime, but you're welcome to keep me company as I continue to work."

While they caught up, Orangeglo has a visitor of her own!
Sychra wrote:
Aelia was so bright with anger for a couple of days she had to wear a long black cape to protect the clans eyeballs. These awful, awful dragons were harming the eggs! Eggs!!! Not even hatched yet! Argh. The forbidden fruit didn’t even deserve to be called dragons! What had the melons ever done to them?!

After a while her anger faded down and she realized she could help. She was also a scientist, not a fighter, so she would like to stay behind and help Orangeglo with the greenhouse. She is smaller than most, even full grown, but she believes she can help! She is also bringing her friend Dyri (who is not part of the watermelon lineage but is her interpreter,) and Dyri may be able to help with the building of the greenhouse.
Fantivity wrote:
Orangeglo is more than happy to accept the help of her daughter although she did learn sign language and all that to actually understand and communicate with her. It was fun to catch up while they worked. Orangeglo is currently working on plans for the greenhouse she will need strong melons to help tho.

Back at the farm, all of the dragons are hard at work researching the magic responsible for the sudden cold, helping in the construction of the green house, gathering firewood, and guarding the precious watermelons. Orangeglo has discovered a flaw in the ritual that is being used, one which will allow the dragons at the farm to create a field that will lessen the effects of the magic. The greenhouse is also nearing its completion.

Then ... complications.

It starts with just a few, all of them along the border of the farm, all of which flee the moment any dragons approach.

Then, all at once, there's dozens of them everywhere!
22388.png
The Pocketmice surge into the farm in droves, leaving trails of ice everywhere they go! They start nibbling vines and root, ruining the soil, interfering with the construction of the greenhouse ... some of them even start to nibble the corners of all of Orangeglo's books! (Oh, the horror!) Something must be done!
StormHeart413 wrote:
Lanataus practically leaped into the air with a yelp when one skittered over his foot, dropping a massive log in the process.
"No, no!! Not the melons!! Shoo, you little things, Shoo!"
He may be working on building the greenhouse, but his priorities were on the melons.
"Uh uh... Oh! We're always dealing with satin mice back in my lair, uhm.... I know they hate strong scents, peppermint specifically. If we can get peppermint oils or s-someTHING!!"
With that he scampered off into the woods. He was far too large to deal with the mice on a one to one scale, but he did know what mint smelled like... if only he could find some now!
Fantivity wrote:
This will likely make Orangeglo angry especially her books to the point she attacks the mice, creatures of ice don’t fare well against a angry fire dragon
Sychra wrote:
Aelia whirled around a flashed, bright, bright, bright. She ran to the drone and slipped the gloves on, sending it to dive down on to the pocketmice Orangeglo was attacking, poking them with sharp little claws in their eyes.
hyddenchyld wrote:
Back at the farm, Merlot becomes aware of the swarms of Pocketmice that have invaded. Now is the perfect chance to test out some battle theories he’s thought of, but never been able to try on real opponents! (Melindo didn’t think he was ready to go out hunting yet) He’s been practicing a move utilizing his habit of swooping down from high places to surprise his friends and tucking into a ball so that his spines poke his target.

Sneaking up to the roof of the nearly completed greenhouse, Merlot positions himself so that he can see a group of Pocketmice below. Taking a moment to psyche himself up, he launches forward, tucking his limbs as he hurtles directly towards his opponents...

The Pocketmice squeak and flee before your various efforts and tactics. More than a few dragons claim a few trophies in the process - pelts and lots of delicious mice meat. Thankfully, your quick responses has lessened the damage to the farm. The fact that it was only Pocketmice seems very suggestive. Was this just a test? Is something worse coming?

One of the pillars winks out of existence, a strong pulse of wintry air making everyone stumble a step. There's only three left! You all only need to hold out a little while longer...

Outside the farm though ... a shadow stirs.
You've cleared away the last of the dead Pocketmice. Trails of frost still cover the ground and you can see all the damaged roots from where they bit them. Already nature dragons have begun to try and repair the roots and heal the frost encrusted rime of the melons. Despite their numbers, your combined effort has kept the damage to a minimum. In the distance you can see that two of the pillars have fallen and only two remain. This horrible attack may soon be-
"Who is responsible-
for the death of my many-
children!?"

A swirl of noxious gas and a sound as subtle and terrible as a bell tolling on the darkest of nights preludes the appearance of a terrifying figure. Three heads move in a grotesque manner, each one speaking after the other to complete its sentences. It's body continues down to a twisted, deformed tail that has the appearance of a plaque root to some gnarled tree from the forest of a hatchling's nightmares. It's hands are tipped with horrid claws and a powerful sensation of dark magic swirls about it.
25777.png

"You have invoked the-
ire of the Rat Lord! Every-
melon shall be gnawed from rind to-
core until naught a single one of-
you remains! Prepare and-
become a feast for my minions!"

It throws its arms wide, and from the cloud that hovers around the lower part of its body, a wave of rats emerge, surging towards the camp with malicious intent; eating everything in their path.
25770.png25771.png

hyddenchyld wrote:
Meanwhile, back at the farm, a new wave of rodents are attacking the melons! Merlot gets back to work attacking the invading rats, his claws slashing at the small pests as they nibble at the precious melons. He wasn't confident enough to take on the Rat Lord (at least not alone), but he would do his part to stop the invaders from destroying the farm.

The members of Beastclan begin to scatter before the onslaught of the defending melons, squeaking in fury as they do. They start to scamper for the trees.

And then the Rat Lord raises all three of its voices.
"Those who flee-
will wish for
the release of death."

And then ... the three voices begin to sing a song - dark and sinister.

The eyes of the rats turn blood red and their bodies begin to swell with strength and rage. sinister. They turn as one, driven to raw fury by the Rat Lord's horrible melody.
hyddenchyld wrote:
Merlot watched in horror as the rats renewed their frenzy against the melon patch. He flew up and dived down, claws ripping at the rats that were desperately gnawing and clawing at the precious melons. As he defeated one cluster, he moved on to the next. Oh, how he wished that Melindo were here to help him!

Just as he thought that, the Nocturne looked up to see his Obelisk cousin racing towards the farm. He wasn't sure if Melindo had been successful in his previous task, but he was sure glad that he'd arrived back at the farm to help against this onslaught.
Melindo had come back to the farm to request aid for the injured Imperial, but had realized that something was amiss when he noticed way more rats than usual near the borders of the farm. He swiped his mighty claws left and right, knocking aside the tiny rodent foes as he continued on to the melon patch. There he saw his kin locked in a struggle against the horde, and a large Rat Lord was singing a sinister sounding song to its servants. This was not what he'd expected, but he'd deal with this new threat to his family, too.

The conclusion to this portion of the story takes place in the main portion of the lore book!
rYdMTNn.png
The Seasonal Courts
Watermelons Unite!
Starborn Prophets
Nuvole Bianche
Oilbelisks
Untitled_Artwork_6.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/hw8eSp2.jpeg[/img][/center] @SilentWolfXIIV @Phoenyxx @StormHeart413 @hyddenchyld @Phoenyxx @AzureArchangel @coolrat @ShinyQuagsire @Marching @DravenSparrow @Fantivity @Sychra Thank you all for your active participation in one of the very first watermelon events! It was both a valuable learning experience and delight to watch the story unfold. This ping is to inform you all that your efforts to protect the watermelon farm have been memorialized in the Book or Lore, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3055369/40#post_49741169]The Creeping Frost...[/url] for easy reference. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/QNO20ik.jpeg[/img][/center] [center][emoji=red star size=2][color=red]~ [/color][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3055369/1#post_3055369]Introduction & Guidelines[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3055369/1#post_48927900]Registry & Registration[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3055369/1#post_48927902]Available Descendants[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3055369/1#post_48927903]Book of Lore[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3055369/1#post_48927904]Current Ranks & Achievements[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3055369/1#post_48927905]Pinglists[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3055369/1#post_48927918]A Lone Melon[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3055369/1#post_48927920]Bonded Pairs[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3055369/1#post_48927921]Buttons[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3055369/1#post_48927922]Affiliates[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3055369/2#post_48927928]Resources & Credits[/url][color=red] ~[/color][emoji=red star size=2][/center]
hw8eSp2.jpeg
@SilentWolfXIIV @Phoenyxx @StormHeart413 @hyddenchyld @Phoenyxx @AzureArchangel @coolrat @ShinyQuagsire @Marching @DravenSparrow @Fantivity @Sychra

Thank you all for your active participation in one of the very first watermelon events! It was both a valuable learning experience and delight to watch the story unfold.

This ping is to inform you all that your efforts to protect the watermelon farm have been memorialized in the Book or Lore, The Creeping Frost... for easy reference.
QNO20ik.jpeg
The Seasonal Courts
Watermelons Unite!
Starborn Prophets
Nuvole Bianche
Oilbelisks
Untitled_Artwork_6.png
@BlueEternity Thank you for the ping! The watermelon child that I currently have in my lair isn't actually mine, though ^^; He's part of someone else's breeding pair that I'm hosting for the Nest Network. You'll want to ping @/hyddenchyld for this!
@BlueEternity Thank you for the ping! The watermelon child that I currently have in my lair isn't actually mine, though ^^; He's part of someone else's breeding pair that I'm hosting for the Nest Network. You'll want to ping @/hyddenchyld for this!
A geometric teardrop shaped glass terrarium houses a small replica of the Daylight Sanctum. It's surrounded by autumnal pine trees and sparkles. xx AYRMELTwo small, overlapping brown leaves.
"And the universe said I love you, because you are love."
She/They, FR+0, chronically tired
xx Free Dragons here!
More Free Dragons!
Exalt Rescue Guide
Dragon Sales Thread
Item Wishlist
Fodderlocke
@AzureArchangel

Thanks for pointing that out and sorry you were pinged by mistake. I'm breeding them to celebrate the conclusion of the event (so look for hatchlings soon, melon family).

I did also get pinged for my other melon, haha.
@AzureArchangel

Thanks for pointing that out and sorry you were pinged by mistake. I'm breeding them to celebrate the conclusion of the event (so look for hatchlings soon, melon family).

I did also get pinged for my other melon, haha.
LIo8D8G.gif NiMHBVV.png
Pixel made by user TokiToki
@BlueEternity

The first post under The Northern Pillar (posted February 18, 2022 17:53:23) is still listed as quoted to AzureArchangel, but as noted in the post above, they are just nesting Melindo for me. All posts about Melindo (and Merlot) were written by me. I think every other instance is quoted correctly, it's just the first one that is misattributed.

Edit: I forgot to write that I like seeing the story separated by pillar/farm. Makes for a much easier read than my notes. Thanks for compiling the story :)
@BlueEternity

The first post under The Northern Pillar (posted February 18, 2022 17:53:23) is still listed as quoted to AzureArchangel, but as noted in the post above, they are just nesting Melindo for me. All posts about Melindo (and Merlot) were written by me. I think every other instance is quoted correctly, it's just the first one that is misattributed.

Edit: I forgot to write that I like seeing the story separated by pillar/farm. Makes for a much easier read than my notes. Thanks for compiling the story :)
LIo8D8G.gif NiMHBVV.png
Pixel made by user TokiToki
@hyddenchyld It's not a problem at all! This isn't the first time something like this has happened, and it's really easy to get confused! I totally get it :D
@hyddenchyld It's not a problem at all! This isn't the first time something like this has happened, and it's really easy to get confused! I totally get it :D
A geometric teardrop shaped glass terrarium houses a small replica of the Daylight Sanctum. It's surrounded by autumnal pine trees and sparkles. xx AYRMELTwo small, overlapping brown leaves.
"And the universe said I love you, because you are love."
She/They, FR+0, chronically tired
xx Free Dragons here!
More Free Dragons!
Exalt Rescue Guide
Dragon Sales Thread
Item Wishlist
Fodderlocke
@BlueEternity @SilentWolfXIIV @xullre @Nannadoodles @UnicornGamer @vidcundrexina @coolrat @Strangeflesh @salemcookie @Fantivity @SeasonalRR @LapisWings @GetJazzyOnIt @perfectoranges @Xander1997 @pupster1976 @Sychra @Marching @nebulaxie @aimlessax3l @/ShinyQuagsire @Catsdragon18 @Noodleydoo @Jynnxx @hyddenchyld @Wufflesnuff @PuffyBudgie @StormHeart413 @XiangEr @Lhyriad @DragonRule @Fleetfiend @Phoenyxx @lonelyspaceegg @DravenSparrow @Ghostpheonix5 @whamm @RebelleElegance @Barbieque @LadyAria [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75963409][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/759635/75963409_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol][sup][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img][b]20,000[/b] [/sup] [sub][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy-dragon/75963409][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/auctionhouse/button_ah_buy.png[/img][/url][/sub] [/columns] Honeydew's sister is up for 20,000 treasure (or 20 gems). Going to put her on the AH for treasure. Last child from nest 2 from MelondyxFruitsalad. [rule] Both of Estrello's daughters are 10k treasure/10 gems. Listing them for treasure in the AH. [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75968565][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/759686/75968565_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol][sup][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img][b]10,000[/b] [/sup] [sub][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy-dragon/75968565][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/auctionhouse/button_ah_buy.png[/img][/url][/sub] [/columns] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75968566][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/759686/75968566_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol][sup][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img][b]10,000[/b] [/sup] [sub][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy-dragon/75968566][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/auctionhouse/button_ah_buy.png[/img][/url][/sub] [/columns] [rule] Sprout's 3rd nest is up on the AH for gems but I can take treasure for them too (10 gems/10k treasure). Just let me know. I'm not able to keep them long term anymore due to lair space.
@BlueEternity @SilentWolfXIIV @xullre @Nannadoodles @UnicornGamer @vidcundrexina @coolrat @Strangeflesh @salemcookie @Fantivity @SeasonalRR @LapisWings @GetJazzyOnIt @perfectoranges @Xander1997 @pupster1976 @Sychra @Marching @nebulaxie @aimlessax3l @/ShinyQuagsire @Catsdragon18 @Noodleydoo @Jynnxx @hyddenchyld @Wufflesnuff @PuffyBudgie @StormHeart413 @XiangEr @Lhyriad @DragonRule @Fleetfiend @Phoenyxx @lonelyspaceegg @DravenSparrow @Ghostpheonix5 @whamm @RebelleElegance @Barbieque @LadyAria
75963409_350.png icon_treasure.png20,000
button_ah_buy.png

Honeydew's sister is up for 20,000 treasure (or 20 gems). Going to put her on the AH for treasure. Last child from nest 2 from MelondyxFruitsalad.

Both of Estrello's daughters are 10k treasure/10 gems. Listing them for treasure in the AH.
75968565_350.png icon_treasure.png10,000
button_ah_buy.png
75968566_350.png icon_treasure.png10,000
button_ah_buy.png

Sprout's 3rd nest is up on the AH for gems but I can take treasure for them too (10 gems/10k treasure). Just let me know. I'm not able to keep them long term anymore due to lair space.
FObX7rS.png
89Dad3a.png
ld1Fjwz.png
Ceirios would like to join the cause to protect Sornieth's watermelons! @BlueEternity @SilentWolfXIIV Dragon Link/Widget: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75963410][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/759635/75963410_350.png[/img][/url] Generation: 3 Level & Rank: level 6 - flowering, Lore: NA [Optional]
Ceirios would like to join the cause to protect Sornieth's watermelons!
@BlueEternity @SilentWolfXIIV
Dragon Link/Widget:
75963410_350.png
Generation: 3
Level & Rank: level 6 - flowering,
Lore: NA [Optional]

Lichtdrache.gif
1 2 ... 89 90 91 92 93 ... 146 147