Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Back From The Dead: A Public Hatchery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 59 60
Bump!
Bump!
tundra monolair (except when i'm not)
201576c98bceb8a8f26f4f51d994188f4d69cc59.gif5be2f71663585fac901386458cef7c37ddb9502e.gif
This is such a cool idea, could I be added to the general thread and hatchlings pinglist please?
This is such a cool idea, could I be added to the general thread and hatchlings pinglist please?
Await
they/them

Hello! You can call me Await, Rayne, or Mysty, whichever you prefer.
FR +3
I'd like a little input from y'all for my next thread task, which is why you're being pinged! Our ISO section is intended to serve as a place to see what SLs we are looking for breeders of. Naturally, given the amount of dead SLs this site has, this section is going to get quite long. It already is. What do you think a more effective way of displaying these would be? The raw data sheet from our "gravemarkers" is a little messy to read through, and I want it to be somewhat obvious a) what the SL's lore (if any) is, and b) if the SL has specific requirements (breeds, genes, colors, etc). What do you all think could be a solution to this?

Finally, I don't know if you're uncomfortable with me giving you a shout-out, @Zeno123, but I really appreciate your contributions to the spreadsheet so far! It's nice logging in and seeing new entries that I didn't make.

@SkyistheGround @/Zeno123 @Rauv @taniquetil @Stormfly @Mistwhisker
I'd like a little input from y'all for my next thread task, which is why you're being pinged! Our ISO section is intended to serve as a place to see what SLs we are looking for breeders of. Naturally, given the amount of dead SLs this site has, this section is going to get quite long. It already is. What do you think a more effective way of displaying these would be? The raw data sheet from our "gravemarkers" is a little messy to read through, and I want it to be somewhat obvious a) what the SL's lore (if any) is, and b) if the SL has specific requirements (breeds, genes, colors, etc). What do you all think could be a solution to this?

Finally, I don't know if you're uncomfortable with me giving you a shout-out, @Zeno123, but I really appreciate your contributions to the spreadsheet so far! It's nice logging in and seeing new entries that I didn't make.

@SkyistheGround @/Zeno123 @Rauv @taniquetil @Stormfly @Mistwhisker
tundra monolair (except when i'm not)
201576c98bceb8a8f26f4f51d994188f4d69cc59.gif5be2f71663585fac901386458cef7c37ddb9502e.gif
[quote name="Hyzenthlaay" date="2021-07-08 06:40:47" ] Naturally, given the amount of dead SLs this site has, this section is going to get quite long. It already is. What do you think a more effective way of displaying these would be? The raw data sheet from our "gravemarkers" is a little messy to read through, and I want it to be somewhat obvious a) what the SL's lore (if any) is, and b) if the SL has specific requirements (breeds, genes, colors, etc). [/quote] This is tough, since most of the entries are text-only and already fairly compact. A couple things: * When you need to use dragon images, use smaller ones (such as the "avatars" or "battlesprites" versions). * While the extra linebreaks within each quote-box are really helpful for readability, you could find ways to remove them to save space. A possible drawback is that the text looks more dense (because it is). Examples below. [quote name="Existing version"] The Forgeborne are metallic automatons with an unknown origin. Powered by fire magic, nobody quite knows their purpose - and considering that they've only just recently learned how to talk, the mystery persists. Thread found here. No species or element requirements (though fire eyes are highly encouraged); color and gene requirements found here. Matching Auction House dragons found here. [/quote] [quote name="Condensed version 1"] * The Forgeborne are metallic automatons with an unknown origin. Powered by fire magic, nobody quite knows their purpose - and considering that they've only just recently learned how to talk, the mystery persists. Thread found here. * No species or element requirements (though fire eyes are highly encouraged); color and gene requirements found here. * Matching Auction House dragons found here. [/quote] [quote name="Condensed version 2"] The Forgeborne are metallic automatons with an unknown origin. Powered by fire magic, nobody quite knows their purpose - and considering that they've only just recently learned how to talk, the mystery persists. Thread found here. No species or element requirements (though fire eyes are highly encouraged); color and gene requirements found here. Matching Auction House dragons found here. [/quote]
Hyzenthlaay wrote on 2021-07-08 06:40:47:
Naturally, given the amount of dead SLs this site has, this section is going to get quite long. It already is. What do you think a more effective way of displaying these would be? The raw data sheet from our "gravemarkers" is a little messy to read through, and I want it to be somewhat obvious a) what the SL's lore (if any) is, and b) if the SL has specific requirements (breeds, genes, colors, etc).
This is tough, since most of the entries are text-only and already fairly compact. A couple things:
* When you need to use dragon images, use smaller ones (such as the "avatars" or "battlesprites" versions).
* While the extra linebreaks within each quote-box are really helpful for readability, you could find ways to remove them to save space. A possible drawback is that the text looks more dense (because it is). Examples below.
Existing version wrote:
The Forgeborne are metallic automatons with an unknown origin. Powered by fire magic, nobody quite knows their purpose - and considering that they've only just recently learned how to talk, the mystery persists. Thread found here.

No species or element requirements (though fire eyes are highly encouraged); color and gene requirements found here.

Matching Auction House dragons found here.
Condensed version 1 wrote:
* The Forgeborne are metallic automatons with an unknown origin. Powered by fire magic, nobody quite knows their purpose - and considering that they've only just recently learned how to talk, the mystery persists. Thread found here.
* No species or element requirements (though fire eyes are highly encouraged); color and gene requirements found here.
* Matching Auction House dragons found here.
Condensed version 2 wrote:
The Forgeborne are metallic automatons with an unknown origin. Powered by fire magic, nobody quite knows their purpose - and considering that they've only just recently learned how to talk, the mystery persists.
Thread found here. No species or element requirements (though fire eyes are highly encouraged); color and gene requirements found here. Matching Auction House dragons found here.
5BsilZ9.png
0zy2W7P.png
eIK5iG7.png
XuRl5B2.png
J7D1quC.png
FObX7rS.png
BTRr72z.png
irlzakv.png
YMPbu9R.png
Maybe you can use that post as a most recent, spotlight, or directory, and start a new thread so you can use multiple different posts to separate out categories?

You could separate them by breed or element or some other common feature that way too and wouldn't necessarily have to worry about length since it would span pages and you can link to more posts if needed. Itd also make it possible to link to specific posts/groups of subspecies/lineages.

I love the little layouts you've got going on so far! Maybe you could add a space between the quotes to give your eyes a bit of space to rest.
Maybe you can use that post as a most recent, spotlight, or directory, and start a new thread so you can use multiple different posts to separate out categories?

You could separate them by breed or element or some other common feature that way too and wouldn't necessarily have to worry about length since it would span pages and you can link to more posts if needed. Itd also make it possible to link to specific posts/groups of subspecies/lineages.

I love the little layouts you've got going on so far! Maybe you could add a space between the quotes to give your eyes a bit of space to rest.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
this concept and the thread is so funny, i'm just grinning

my lair specifics don't allow for buying these dudes but i might bump or something in the future just cause i really like this
this concept and the thread is so funny, i'm just grinning

my lair specifics don't allow for buying these dudes but i might bump or something in the future just cause i really like this
VINEA.gif
73137352.png
I’d like to be added to both ping lists please! I’d love to help revitalize old subspecies/lineages!

I think it’s really neat that someone started this project, and that people are pitching in to help
I’d like to be added to both ping lists please! I’d love to help revitalize old subspecies/lineages!

I think it’s really neat that someone started this project, and that people are pitching in to help
LMLA6wg.png
@Hyzenthlaay I don't know much about thread formatting but maybe you could have a sort of table of contents that stated whether or not the SL had lore and what breed requirements there are and then you click on it it takes you to the page of that SL with all the specifics? Thank you for the shoutout <3 It's fun searching for lost SLs! [emoji=guardian happy size=1]
@Hyzenthlaay

I don't know much about thread formatting but maybe you could have a sort of table of contents that stated whether or not the SL had lore and what breed requirements there are and then you click on it it takes you to the page of that SL with all the specifics?

Thank you for the shoutout <3 It's fun searching for lost SLs!
Bump
Bump
@Hyzenthlaay It's always fun to have more to do on the site, and this project is an idea that I really, really like. I saw the G1 listed on the Windsinger's Favorite Cookies section and bought him! I plan on geneing him as soon as I can, though it might be a little bit because I'm low on funds at the moment. For reference, I mean this guy: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69991560][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/699916/69991560.png[/img][/url] Could I adopt KrispyKreams so I can breed these dragons when I finish geneing the G1? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70056516][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/700566/70056516_350.png[/img][/url] Should I ping you/post here when I'm finished geneing the G1?
@Hyzenthlaay

It's always fun to have more to do on the site, and this project is an idea that I really, really like.
I saw the G1 listed on the Windsinger's Favorite Cookies section and bought him! I plan on geneing him as soon as I can, though it might be a little bit because I'm low on funds at the moment.
For reference, I mean this guy:
69991560.png

Could I adopt KrispyKreams so I can breed these dragons when I finish geneing the G1?
70056516_350.png

Should I ping you/post here when I'm finished geneing the G1?
WzPAjzt.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 59 60