Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Lorebuilding] Dragon AMA!
[center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59332790] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/593328/59332790_350.png[/img] [/url] This is Salamandastron, or just "Sal". I recently started a fun little game called the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2823806/1]Vow of Poverty Game[/url]. It's been really fun, and while I have a very basic skeleton of a backstory for Sal, I really don't have much of a flushed out personality or lore for him yet. I don't want him to just be a "project dragon"...I want him to be a fully dimensional character, but I need your help! To help me build on his character, I was hoping you would ask him questions! They can come from you or one of your dragons and can be about anything! Ask him about family, friends, romance, likes, dislikes, philosophies, etc etc. Have your dragons chat, flirt, antagonize, challenge, whatever! There's most of his backstory on the forum link above. He [i]has[/i] a bio, but nothing is on there yet save some art. :) [b]I am subscribed, no need to ping![/b]

59332790_350.png

This is Salamandastron, or just "Sal".

I recently started a fun little game called the Vow of Poverty Game. It's been really fun, and while I have a very basic skeleton of a backstory for Sal, I really don't have much of a flushed out personality or lore for him yet. I don't want him to just be a "project dragon"...I want him to be a fully dimensional character, but I need your help!

To help me build on his character, I was hoping you would ask him questions! They can come from you or one of your dragons and can be about anything! Ask him about family, friends, romance, likes, dislikes, philosophies, etc etc. Have your dragons chat, flirt, antagonize, challenge, whatever!

There's most of his backstory on the forum link above. He has a bio, but nothing is on there yet save some art. :)

I am subscribed, no need to ping!
Looking for free lineage dragons? Level 25 rentals? Join an active community with frequent free raffles? Check out Vitali's Warriors!
That's quite a name he has! What does it mean? Why did his parents choose it :O

And...has Sal had a special someone in his life? Is he looking for one?
That's quite a name he has! What does it mean? Why did his parents choose it :O

And...has Sal had a special someone in his life? Is he looking for one?
.......413ed94a7ed081423339dc9ad221e7783e66a715.png....
2c5d77634624e02aa8c1f95d43873fcbc89a7efd.png.....
A0CDXxc.png
[center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52743655] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/527437/52743655_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]A familiar(?) grey Gaoler pads up to the Imperial.[/i] "Greetings, Salamandastron - may I call you Sal? My name is Migora - I've been following your footsteps on your journey, and my daughter and I have joined along ourselves. May I inquire - what led you to take a path of poverty? You've said before that you had no want for the material possessions of dragonkind, but why?" [/center]

52743655_350.png

A familiar(?) grey Gaoler pads up to the Imperial.

"Greetings, Salamandastron - may I call you Sal? My name is Migora - I've been following your footsteps on your journey, and my daughter and I have joined along ourselves. May I inquire - what led you to take a path of poverty? You've said before that you had no want for the material possessions of dragonkind, but why?"
ezgif-6-5300d5953b70.gif
Oh, fun idea!
  • How does Sal feel about rainstorms?
  • What's his favorite leisure activity?
  • What's one thing he's afraid of?
Oh, fun idea!
  • How does Sal feel about rainstorms?
  • What's his favorite leisure activity?
  • What's one thing he's afraid of?
FSjGDWP.png
Current Avatar • Feel free to ping me!
[url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27089496] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/270895/27089496_350.png[/img] [/url] Lobsneaks, clinging to an outcropping of wall near Sal's eye level, wishes to express admiration for the snakes, and is curious to know what the story behind them is. His frog, meanwhile, is getting nervous.

27089496_350.png

Lobsneaks, clinging to an outcropping of wall near Sal's eye level, wishes to express admiration for the snakes, and is curious to know what the story behind them is. His frog, meanwhile, is getting nervous.
riVr93C.png
@pheelthemoment

"Hello! Thanks for stopping by. It actually doesn't mean anything that I know of. My parents wanted a very..." he grits his teeth, trying to find the right word, "noble" sounding name. It's definitely, erm, a mouthful isn't it? I don't want to say pretentious but um...I can't seem to find a better description. That's why I just like 'Sal' better."

"Oh uh..." he coughs, very obviously flustered. "No, no one yet. I suppose that will just come in....time. If it's right? I've come across a few, um, charming dragons, but, nothing more ever became of it. Just secret, passing, fancies."

@LadyLarkin

"Hmmm I guess the desire came from watching my own family. I noticed that dragons in general tend to just...hoard wealth. Everything about their lives revolve around wealth. Getting more treasure, getting more gems, getting genes and apparel and accents. And your worth is based on how much material items you seemed to have. Its all my family ever talked about. The newest gem genes, the most expensive UMA, the only thing they were ever doing was preening amongst themselves. It all felt...I don't know...vapid to me? Empty? I just felt like I wanted show them they didn't need to be so materialistic to still feel satisfied with their looks as well as have a more complete purpose in life. But also, I wanted to do this for me. I wanted to live my life free of the desire to constantly be needing to make myself look "richer". I didn't want to be rich in wealth, but rather, rich in experiences. All the time and effort most dragons spend to spruce themselves up, I wanted to spend towards meeting people, traveling places, and just experiencing new things."

@Kauria

"Hmm. I like rainstorms. Honestly, they help me sleep. I like thunder too, though not when its right above my lair. It's just too loud, and sometimes it startles me awake."

"My favorite leisure activity is probably sleeping. I will admit I'm a little...lazy. I'm a sucker for a good, long, nap."

"Loneliness is definitely my biggest fear. Living a life where no one relates to you, where no one wants to be around you...that's really scary, isn't it?"

@Barrdwing

"Oh! I won them in a random raffle! I use to have a LOT more snakes, but realized very quickly that I could not care for that many snakes at once. I gave the rest to a few of my friends. The yellow one is Butter, and the brown one is Hissy."
@pheelthemoment

"Hello! Thanks for stopping by. It actually doesn't mean anything that I know of. My parents wanted a very..." he grits his teeth, trying to find the right word, "noble" sounding name. It's definitely, erm, a mouthful isn't it? I don't want to say pretentious but um...I can't seem to find a better description. That's why I just like 'Sal' better."

"Oh uh..." he coughs, very obviously flustered. "No, no one yet. I suppose that will just come in....time. If it's right? I've come across a few, um, charming dragons, but, nothing more ever became of it. Just secret, passing, fancies."

@LadyLarkin

"Hmmm I guess the desire came from watching my own family. I noticed that dragons in general tend to just...hoard wealth. Everything about their lives revolve around wealth. Getting more treasure, getting more gems, getting genes and apparel and accents. And your worth is based on how much material items you seemed to have. Its all my family ever talked about. The newest gem genes, the most expensive UMA, the only thing they were ever doing was preening amongst themselves. It all felt...I don't know...vapid to me? Empty? I just felt like I wanted show them they didn't need to be so materialistic to still feel satisfied with their looks as well as have a more complete purpose in life. But also, I wanted to do this for me. I wanted to live my life free of the desire to constantly be needing to make myself look "richer". I didn't want to be rich in wealth, but rather, rich in experiences. All the time and effort most dragons spend to spruce themselves up, I wanted to spend towards meeting people, traveling places, and just experiencing new things."

@Kauria

"Hmm. I like rainstorms. Honestly, they help me sleep. I like thunder too, though not when its right above my lair. It's just too loud, and sometimes it startles me awake."

"My favorite leisure activity is probably sleeping. I will admit I'm a little...lazy. I'm a sucker for a good, long, nap."

"Loneliness is definitely my biggest fear. Living a life where no one relates to you, where no one wants to be around you...that's really scary, isn't it?"

@Barrdwing

"Oh! I won them in a random raffle! I use to have a LOT more snakes, but realized very quickly that I could not care for that many snakes at once. I gave the rest to a few of my friends. The yellow one is Butter, and the brown one is Hissy."
Looking for free lineage dragons? Level 25 rentals? Join an active community with frequent free raffles? Check out Vitali's Warriors!
[url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58055856] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/580559/58055856_350.png[/img] [/url] "Hey, mister..." The Spiral murmurs, a twinkle of curiosity in her otherwise dull eyes. "What happened to your face? That sounded ruder than I thought it would-" Drachenstein hides her face behind her wing, though it doesn't do much good. Her tophat pokes out.

58055856_350.png

"Hey, mister..." The Spiral murmurs, a twinkle of curiosity in her otherwise dull eyes. "What happened to your face? That sounded ruder than I thought it would-"
Drachenstein hides her face behind her wing, though it doesn't do much good. Her tophat pokes out.
[url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58961515] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/589616/58961515_350.png[/img] [/url] [color=#3d1612][size=5]A[/size] [size=4]tiny dragon clambers up onto a nearby stone, puffing his mottled fur out against the wind. It isn't entirely clear how a hatchling this small even got here-- but he's staring up at Salamandastron with round, curious eyes. "Will you tell me a story?" He yawns, stretching out his paws and leaning sleepily against the huge Imperial.[/color][/size]

58961515_350.png

A tiny dragon clambers up onto a nearby stone, puffing his mottled fur out against the wind. It isn't entirely clear how a hatchling this small even got here-- but he's staring up at Salamandastron with round, curious eyes.
"Will you tell me a story?" He yawns, stretching out his paws and leaning sleepily against the huge Imperial.
intersex.png
@Angrey

"Oh this?" he chuckles. "A common question. It does look spooky, doesn't it? I was actually pretty nervous that it would make me too scary, but so far my friends aren't too bothered."

"It's a weird story, really. I was asleep and I dreamed of this Banescale. He gave me some pretty wise advice about the path I was on, some of the weakness I felt, and said he'd give me his protection. And when I woke up, I looked like this. It's actually kind of comforting? Like I just got blessed by some sort of spirit or something. Seems silly when I say it would loud, but that's what happened."

@Rainuu

Sal gently winds his torso around the hatchling, letting him get as comfortable as he pleases. "Let's see...I don't know many stories...what would be appropriate...hmm...

"Once upon a time there was a Spiral and a Snapper. The Spiral claimed that he was the fastest dragon in the land, and constantly made fun of the Snapper for being so slow and lumbering. The Snapper, finally having enough of the bullying, decided to challenge the Spiral to a race. The Spiral of course was amused and laughed heartily, knowing there was no way he could ever lose to the Snapper. He agreed and the two plotted their course and lined up to race.

A friendly Skydancer officiated the race, and as he waved the flag to start, the Spiral zoomed speedily off into the distance, leaving the Snapper in his dust.

The Spiral flew on for some time, but about halfway between the race, decided to take a break. He thought, even if the Snapper got a little ahead of him, he'd be so fast he could easily catch up and pass him. He rested, ate some food, picked some flowers, and eventually settled into a nap, arrogantly assuming his victory would be assured no matter what he did.

Meanwhile the Snapper lumbered on, slowly, but determined and steadfast in his resolve. He wasn't even flying, but he trudged along the ground, unwavering in his goal of reaching the finish line....

When the Spiral awoke many hours later, he was shocked to realize he had overslept. The sun was nearly setting on the horizon, and the stars were just beginning to dot the sky. In a panic, he raced as fast as he could towards the finish line...

Only to his dismay in seeing the Snapper waiting for him on the other side of it. In his ego, the Spiral let the Snapper win, making the Snapper the 'fastest dragon in the land'. The Spiral's pride had lead him to his own defeat.

Though in the end, the Spiral accepted his defeat, and apologized to the Snapper for his bullying. They became best friends ever since."
@Angrey

"Oh this?" he chuckles. "A common question. It does look spooky, doesn't it? I was actually pretty nervous that it would make me too scary, but so far my friends aren't too bothered."

"It's a weird story, really. I was asleep and I dreamed of this Banescale. He gave me some pretty wise advice about the path I was on, some of the weakness I felt, and said he'd give me his protection. And when I woke up, I looked like this. It's actually kind of comforting? Like I just got blessed by some sort of spirit or something. Seems silly when I say it would loud, but that's what happened."

@Rainuu

Sal gently winds his torso around the hatchling, letting him get as comfortable as he pleases. "Let's see...I don't know many stories...what would be appropriate...hmm...

"Once upon a time there was a Spiral and a Snapper. The Spiral claimed that he was the fastest dragon in the land, and constantly made fun of the Snapper for being so slow and lumbering. The Snapper, finally having enough of the bullying, decided to challenge the Spiral to a race. The Spiral of course was amused and laughed heartily, knowing there was no way he could ever lose to the Snapper. He agreed and the two plotted their course and lined up to race.

A friendly Skydancer officiated the race, and as he waved the flag to start, the Spiral zoomed speedily off into the distance, leaving the Snapper in his dust.

The Spiral flew on for some time, but about halfway between the race, decided to take a break. He thought, even if the Snapper got a little ahead of him, he'd be so fast he could easily catch up and pass him. He rested, ate some food, picked some flowers, and eventually settled into a nap, arrogantly assuming his victory would be assured no matter what he did.

Meanwhile the Snapper lumbered on, slowly, but determined and steadfast in his resolve. He wasn't even flying, but he trudged along the ground, unwavering in his goal of reaching the finish line....

When the Spiral awoke many hours later, he was shocked to realize he had overslept. The sun was nearly setting on the horizon, and the stars were just beginning to dot the sky. In a panic, he raced as fast as he could towards the finish line...

Only to his dismay in seeing the Snapper waiting for him on the other side of it. In his ego, the Spiral let the Snapper win, making the Snapper the 'fastest dragon in the land'. The Spiral's pride had lead him to his own defeat.

Though in the end, the Spiral accepted his defeat, and apologized to the Snapper for his bullying. They became best friends ever since."
^
^