Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Copper Cave Subspecies Hub
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
@SquishBone Anytime!! Glad I could be of help c:
@SquishBone Anytime!! Glad I could be of help c:
eVaClRh.png
New Gene! New Gene!

Is filigree an accepted subspecies tert? It seems to go pretty well on my cc dergs...!!
New Gene! New Gene!

Is filigree an accepted subspecies tert? It seems to go pretty well on my cc dergs...!!
nudX0O8.png
@Triblobyte how says the new gene? Is it allowed as a tertiary? I don't really see anything super copper-cavey about it. I don't think that having extravagant looking markings would be practical for CC lore unless it was maybe metallic and reflected the natural glow off of the body.
@Triblobyte how says the new gene? Is it allowed as a tertiary? I don't really see anything super copper-cavey about it. I don't think that having extravagant looking markings would be practical for CC lore unless it was maybe metallic and reflected the natural glow off of the body.
[quote name="MythicalMemeLord" date="2018-03-23 07:34:39" ] @Triblobyte how says the new gene? Is it allowed as a tertiary? I don't really see anything super copper-cavey about it. I don't think that having extravagant looking markings would be practical for CC lore unless it was maybe metallic and reflected the natural glow off of the body. [/quote] It's got little jewels imbedded in the pattern... So maybe it could fit into cave dragons that like to mine for gems/crystals, and decorate themselves with their finds?
MythicalMemeLord wrote on 2018-03-23 07:34:39:

It's got little jewels imbedded in the pattern... So maybe it could fit into cave dragons that like to mine for gems/crystals, and decorate themselves with their finds?
nudX0O8.png
I'd say it's another self-decoration thing with bioluminescent paints, but this time some gems or colored stones are added in with the decoration. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=94&bodygene=3&breed=2&element=1&gender=1&tert=100&tertgene=21&winggene=20&wings=94&auth=220812de9ccd37714f9237eb65b6648f926dd878&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Besides, spruce filigree looks amazing with a copper primary.
I'd say it's another self-decoration thing with bioluminescent paints, but this time some gems or colored stones are added in with the decoration.

dragon?age=1&body=94&bodygene=3&breed=2&element=1&gender=1&tert=100&tertgene=21&winggene=20&wings=94&auth=220812de9ccd37714f9237eb65b6648f926dd878&dummyext=prev.png

Besides, spruce filigree looks amazing with a copper primary.
Honestly, I'm a bit torn on the new gene. I haven't previewed enough to tell if it would work, but from what I can see from scries it's doesn't look very organic.
Honestly, I'm a bit torn on the new gene. I haven't previewed enough to tell if it would work, but from what I can see from scries it's doesn't look very organic.
yQoJnTx.png nY73F6r.pngozXiCa6.png
Just because it may look fancy or nice with certain colors does not mean that it should qualify for this specific subsp. in my opinion. The goal for the CC subspecies is for natural, and "organic-looking" as @Triblobyte put it, bioluminescence and decoration. And although I like what @SturmScale mentioned about the gems for mining, that's really as far as the natural aspect goes. The rest of the design looks manufactured and like Dragon-made body decorations. This is just my input though, and I'd love to hear what others think in defense of/against it :)
Just because it may look fancy or nice with certain colors does not mean that it should qualify for this specific subsp. in my opinion. The goal for the CC subspecies is for natural, and "organic-looking" as @Triblobyte put it, bioluminescence and decoration. And although I like what @SturmScale mentioned about the gems for mining, that's really as far as the natural aspect goes. The rest of the design looks manufactured and like Dragon-made body decorations. This is just my input though, and I'd love to hear what others think in defense of/against it :)
Well, Ghost is considered body paint, which isn't really organic. But Filigree can't really be considered paint, but more like the dragon is wearing jewelry. Which really doesn't fit with the Copper Caves.
Well, Ghost is considered body paint, which isn't really organic. But Filigree can't really be considered paint, but more like the dragon is wearing jewelry. Which really doesn't fit with the Copper Caves.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
@shozurei you are right that ghost is considered body paint, and hypnotic is as well, but these look more like paints made from minerals, ores and glowing fungus crushed up for use, so it is more of an organic paint.
@shozurei you are right that ghost is considered body paint, and hypnotic is as well, but these look more like paints made from minerals, ores and glowing fungus crushed up for use, so it is more of an organic paint.
Okay so re Ghost, my opinion on Ghost is simply that these are dragons who have maybe become fossilized (ie. copper-rich solution replacing an actual fossil) or live close to fossilization sites hence the bone-like markings. This, yeah, can be found underground, occurs naturally (see Opalization, and petrification etc).

That said, body paint may still occur via organic / natural-occurring objects , think of tribes who crush flowers and fruits to use as war-paint, that sort of thing.

I've tinkered around a bit with some of the scries, and my personal opinion is that it's far too polished (similar with Metallic, which looks really polished and kind of gorgeous with Copper-the-colour but wouldn't fit with Copper Cave dragons). Yes, the gemstones look pretty, but we've got Gembond. (Has anyone seen Copper gembond, yet? Cause I haven't,or don't remember.)

Okay so re Ghost, my opinion on Ghost is simply that these are dragons who have maybe become fossilized (ie. copper-rich solution replacing an actual fossil) or live close to fossilization sites hence the bone-like markings. This, yeah, can be found underground, occurs naturally (see Opalization, and petrification etc).

That said, body paint may still occur via organic / natural-occurring objects , think of tribes who crush flowers and fruits to use as war-paint, that sort of thing.

I've tinkered around a bit with some of the scries, and my personal opinion is that it's far too polished (similar with Metallic, which looks really polished and kind of gorgeous with Copper-the-colour but wouldn't fit with Copper Cave dragons). Yes, the gemstones look pretty, but we've got Gembond. (Has anyone seen Copper gembond, yet? Cause I haven't,or don't remember.)

yQoJnTx.png nY73F6r.pngozXiCa6.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16