Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Copper Cave Subspecies Hub
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16
Sounds like it is a good problem
Sounds like it is a good problem
@MythicalMemeLord Agreed. If you did a copper/copper/aqua in metallic/alloy/crackle, the argument could be 'well it's bright and glowy, the crackle is a fissure!' ...but it's not a true copper cave at its core, it's a new subspecies. (anyway)
And to me, filigree looks more like an apparel piece than a gene.

@Triblobyte As a new subespecies, perhaps. I think we'd need some examples to vote on, though I like the lore idea.
@MythicalMemeLord Agreed. If you did a copper/copper/aqua in metallic/alloy/crackle, the argument could be 'well it's bright and glowy, the crackle is a fissure!' ...but it's not a true copper cave at its core, it's a new subspecies. (anyway)
And to me, filigree looks more like an apparel piece than a gene.

@Triblobyte As a new subespecies, perhaps. I think we'd need some examples to vote on, though I like the lore idea.
Jyxxie
rhymes with pixie
she/her
FR+3
oSZNbp8.pngjIWpSOe.pngpjfb43o.pngxKESsDQ.pngH4J6gu2.png5G1dR62.png
lBxYxId.png
@Jyxxie that we can both agree, filigree is apparel.

@mythicalmemelord @catkinstarchild in that case, wouldn't these copper caves that look like copper caves end up being 'false copper caves'?

I'm still talking to enfield, in any case, to see what their opinion is.
@Jyxxie that we can both agree, filigree is apparel.

@mythicalmemelord @catkinstarchild in that case, wouldn't these copper caves that look like copper caves end up being 'false copper caves'?

I'm still talking to enfield, in any case, to see what their opinion is.
yQoJnTx.png nY73F6r.pngozXiCa6.png
@Triblobyte Say hi for me! :D
@Triblobyte Say hi for me! :D
Jyxxie
rhymes with pixie
she/her
FR+3
oSZNbp8.pngjIWpSOe.pngpjfb43o.pngxKESsDQ.pngH4J6gu2.png5G1dR62.png
lBxYxId.png
My thoughts on Bee/Wasp: WASP:Dont get me wrong, I love how they look with copper, I think it's very cool looking and kind of glowy. The problem here again lies in the question of whether it is luminescent. Is it? I don't think it is, personally. While the underbelly looks like it sparkles and is perhaps lit, it isn't bright, which is the purpose of the light in the first place. It'd be like having a flashlight with a dim bulb. Sure it produces light but what's the point if you can't use it to see in the dark? BEE:Bee, again looks cool, but does it fit with lore requirements?...not really.
My thoughts on Bee/Wasp: WASP:Dont get me wrong, I love how they look with copper, I think it's very cool looking and kind of glowy. The problem here again lies in the question of whether it is luminescent. Is it? I don't think it is, personally. While the underbelly looks like it sparkles and is perhaps lit, it isn't bright, which is the purpose of the light in the first place. It'd be like having a flashlight with a dim bulb. Sure it produces light but what's the point if you can't use it to see in the dark? BEE:Bee, again looks cool, but does it fit with lore requirements?...not really.
Copper Cave dragons look so pretty! Good job on a really good looking subspecies.
Copper Cave dragons look so pretty! Good job on a really good looking subspecies.
U68uCRc.jpg
[quote name="@MythicalMemeLord" date="2018-03-30 06:38:19" ] My thoughts on Bee/Wasp: WASP:]/b]Dont get me wrong, I love how they look with copper, I think it's very cool looking and kind of glowy. The problem here again lies in the question of whether it is luminescent. Is it? I don't think it is, personally. While the underbelly looks like it sparkles and is perhaps lit, it isn't bright, which is the purpose of the light in the first place. It'd be like having a flashlight with a dim bulb. Sure it produces light but what's the point if you can't use it to see in the dark? BEE:Bee, again looks cool, but does it fit with lore requirements?...not really. [/quote] Whoa, whoa. No-one is saying that we're going to be adding or removing things any time soon, or that we're putting Wasp in. Also AFAIK Bee has already been in the approved secondaries. Based off comments and what enfield thinks, we might need to revamp this. [quote]SECONDARY Genes: Alloy, Basic, Bee, Butterfly, Current, Daub, Eye Spots, Facet, Freckle, Hex, Hypnotic, Peregrine, Rosette, Safari, Saturn, Seraph, Shimmer, Spinner, Striation, Stripes, Toxin, Trail[/quote] @Ozie you'll have to thank @flyingenfield. They're the one who created this, I'm merely the torchbearer.
@MythicalMemeLord wrote on 2018-03-30 06:38:19:
My thoughts on Bee/Wasp: WASP:]/b]Dont get me wrong, I love how they look with copper, I think it's very cool looking and kind of glowy. The problem here again lies in the question of whether it is luminescent. Is it? I don't think it is, personally. While the underbelly looks like it sparkles and is perhaps lit, it isn't bright, which is the purpose of the light in the first place. It'd be like having a flashlight with a dim bulb. Sure it produces light but what's the point if you can't use it to see in the dark? BEE:Bee, again looks cool, but does it fit with lore requirements?...not really.

Whoa, whoa. No-one is saying that we're going to be adding or removing things any time soon, or that we're putting Wasp in.

Also AFAIK Bee has already been in the approved secondaries. Based off comments and what enfield thinks, we might need to revamp this.

Quote:
SECONDARY
Genes: Alloy, Basic, Bee, Butterfly, Current, Daub, Eye Spots, Facet, Freckle, Hex, Hypnotic, Peregrine, Rosette, Safari, Saturn, Seraph, Shimmer, Spinner, Striation, Stripes, Toxin, Trail

@Ozie you'll have to thank @flyingenfield. They're the one who created this, I'm merely the torchbearer.
@Triblobyte it's just my personal opinion on the genes. I never said anything about adding or removing either of them
@Triblobyte it's just my personal opinion on the genes. I never said anything about adding or removing either of them
My take: Metal and wasp I agree don't really belong they're more sheen and shiny even tho I LOVE wasp on copper it doesn't fit this subspecies and I agree with filigree hard no on that, would be great for a different subspecies metal workers etc but not this cave dwelling one.

But for bee- I think it should stay on the list it could definitely be a specific type of crystal formation on the wings that reflects light just like the crystal gene like- "Though, some dragons have had these crystals so long and just like a stone being rubbed they have grown smoothed." or something like that.

So- as of now I don't think anything needs to be removed/added just my personal take.

Edit: I know we aren't adding/removing genes as of now but thought i'd throw my thought in!
My take: Metal and wasp I agree don't really belong they're more sheen and shiny even tho I LOVE wasp on copper it doesn't fit this subspecies and I agree with filigree hard no on that, would be great for a different subspecies metal workers etc but not this cave dwelling one.

But for bee- I think it should stay on the list it could definitely be a specific type of crystal formation on the wings that reflects light just like the crystal gene like- "Though, some dragons have had these crystals so long and just like a stone being rubbed they have grown smoothed." or something like that.

So- as of now I don't think anything needs to be removed/added just my personal take.

Edit: I know we aren't adding/removing genes as of now but thought i'd throw my thought in!
eVaClRh.png
Back to the issue at hand:

Subsets of Copper Caves, yay/nay?
Back to the issue at hand:

Subsets of Copper Caves, yay/nay?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16