Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Is the Shade Still Among Us? [Closed]
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 33 34
She knows what influences her motives. She knows and hears of the whispers and lives with them as proud as can be. The dragoness uses this influence to her advantage. Whispered lies and rumors come around the camp often; everyone knows where it comes from. Carina [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/227382/22738130_350.png[/img] With a pointed smile, Carina works hard to turn everyone against each other. Rumors, lies, hatred. It all stems from her. She is Shadetouched, yes, and she couldn't possibly ask to be cured. Any fights within the clan are from her prodding, her need to blow things out of proportion. [i]How bad she be.[/i]
She knows what influences her motives. She knows and hears of the whispers and lives with them as proud as can be. The dragoness uses this influence to her advantage. Whispered lies and rumors come around the camp often; everyone knows where it comes from.

Carina
22738130_350.png

With a pointed smile, Carina works hard to turn everyone against each other. Rumors, lies, hatred. It all stems from her. She is Shadetouched, yes, and she couldn't possibly ask to be cured. Any fights within the clan are from her prodding, her need to blow things out of proportion.

How bad she be.
4886.png certified baby
@Azurenight A small group of dragons approaches. Two of them, Skydancer siblings named Bora and Esinti, are clearly doctors or scientists of some sort. There's also Adagio, a fidgety black spiral who keeps muttering to himself. The last dragon is another Skydancer, Farangis, a female who appears to be some sort of cleric. Bora clears his throat. ----- [Columns]The Engake clan has recently become host to ... [i]something[/i]... He appears to be a dragon at first glance, but upon closer inspection, the creature is made of thousands of tiny tendrils. He claims that his kind has no gender, but he has taken on a masculine appearance, so we refer to him as such.[nextcol][IMG]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/233372/23337102p.png[/IMG][/columns] ----- Esinti holds up a detailed image of the creature: [Center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32875391][img]http://i.imgur.com/bFf3ypR.jpg[/img][/url][/center] She continues to elaborate on what her brother was saying. ----- [Columns][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/233372/23337103p.png[/img][nextcol]He claims to be what's known as a "Horror." Apparently these Shade-touched beings exist in a dimension alongside? ours and feed on our fears and nightmares. They each have a special brand of fear that they feed on, and it's that fear that they are named after. The in our clan is a Greater Horror called "Nyctohylophobia," or "Fear of Dark Forests. Greater Horrors are more self-aware than the average Horror and are able to take on physical forms in our dimension. The more sentient ones can shape themselves to look like Dragons.[/columns] ----- Bora begins to pace the floor, gesturing while he describes the creature. ----- [Columns]"As I said, Nyctohylophobia's body is comprised of thousands of tiny tendrils. His mouth is full of rows of tiny razor sharp teeth. They look like something that belongs in a shark's jaw, not a Spiral's. But... his eyes...[nextcol][IMG]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/233372/23337102p.png[/IMG][/columns] ----- Bora stops pacing and shivers at the image burned into his mind. Esinti turns to him in concern, but the male Skydancer shakes his head at her with a small smile. After a deep breath, he begins to pace again. ----- [Columns]"His eyes are unnatural. They're a very dark purple, much too dark for any regular Shadow dragon. They're almost black. And they're cold. But they're not really ...empty, so to say. They give you the sense that he can see right through you, knowing all your secrets, memorizing every weakness.[nextcol][IMG]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/233372/23337102p.png[/IMG][/columns] ----- Bora shivers again as Esinti turns her attention back to Dash. ----- [Columns][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/233372/23337103p.png[/img][nextcol]As we said, Nyctohylophobia feeds off of dragons' fear - specifically the fear of dark forests. But we're not sure yet whether his presence causes his namesake phobia, or if he appeared because the phobia was already present. What we do know is that shortly before he showed up in Azubah's nursery, the hatchlings started to become frightened of the bamboo forests at night, even to the point where just the sound of the bamboo stalks knocking together sent them into fits of terror.[/columns] ----- Both Bora and Esinti turn to look at Adagio. The dark colored spiral grunts and adjusts the helm on his head before speaking in a soft voice. ----- [Columns][IMG]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/237613/23761270p.png[/IMG][nextcol]My mate and I decided to raise Nyct. I myself am not entirely draconic - my parents are both fallen angels. I figured that my background would help me help Nyct learn to assimilate into the clan. I believe he isn't as dangerous as everyone makes him out to be. Tell him, Farangis.[/columns] ----- Farangis steps forward. She glances at Adagio before speaking. ----- [Columns][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/243741/24374009p.png[/img][nextcol]I am a priestess devoted to the Windsinger. One of my abilities allows me to "see" the amount of good and evil within dragons. I was surprised to find that although Nyctohylophobia is purely a Greater Horror, a Shade-touched creature, he isn't very evil at all. He contains very little malice or hate.[/columns] ----- Adagio anxiously raps his claws across the desk in front of him. ----- [Columns][IMG]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/237613/23761270p.png[/IMG][nextcol]Nyct tells me that Greater Horrors are capable of consuming a dragon's mind, which basically turns the dragon into another Horror, usually named for a fear that's related to the namesake of the Greater Horror that consumed them. At this point in time, I have no evidence to suggest that Nyct is feeding off of myself or my mate. In fact, I have no fear of dark forests, so I suspect that he is incapable of feeding off me.[/columns] -----
@Azurenight

A small group of dragons approaches. Two of them, Skydancer siblings named Bora and Esinti, are clearly doctors or scientists of some sort. There's also Adagio, a fidgety black spiral who keeps muttering to himself. The last dragon is another Skydancer, Farangis, a female who appears to be some sort of cleric. Bora clears his throat.

The Engake clan has recently become host to ... something... He appears to be a dragon at first glance, but upon closer inspection, the creature is made of thousands of tiny tendrils. He claims that his kind has no gender, but he has taken on a masculine appearance, so we refer to him as such. 23337102p.png

Esinti holds up a detailed image of the creature:
bFf3ypR.jpg
She continues to elaborate on what her brother was saying.

23337103p.png He claims to be what's known as a "Horror." Apparently these Shade-touched beings exist in a dimension alongside? ours and feed on our fears and nightmares. They each have a special brand of fear that they feed on, and it's that fear that they are named after. The in our clan is a Greater Horror called "Nyctohylophobia," or "Fear of Dark Forests. Greater Horrors are more self-aware than the average Horror and are able to take on physical forms in our dimension. The more sentient ones can shape themselves to look like Dragons.

Bora begins to pace the floor, gesturing while he describes the creature.

"As I said, Nyctohylophobia's body is comprised of thousands of tiny tendrils. His mouth is full of rows of tiny razor sharp teeth. They look like something that belongs in a shark's jaw, not a Spiral's. But... his eyes... 23337102p.png

Bora stops pacing and shivers at the image burned into his mind. Esinti turns to him in concern, but the male Skydancer shakes his head at her with a small smile. After a deep breath, he begins to pace again.

"His eyes are unnatural. They're a very dark purple, much too dark for any regular Shadow dragon. They're almost black. And they're cold. But they're not really ...empty, so to say. They give you the sense that he can see right through you, knowing all your secrets, memorizing every weakness. 23337102p.png

Bora shivers again as Esinti turns her attention back to Dash.

23337103p.png As we said, Nyctohylophobia feeds off of dragons' fear - specifically the fear of dark forests. But we're not sure yet whether his presence causes his namesake phobia, or if he appeared because the phobia was already present. What we do know is that shortly before he showed up in Azubah's nursery, the hatchlings started to become frightened of the bamboo forests at night, even to the point where just the sound of the bamboo stalks knocking together sent them into fits of terror.

Both Bora and Esinti turn to look at Adagio. The dark colored spiral grunts and adjusts the helm on his head before speaking in a soft voice.

23761270p.png My mate and I decided to raise Nyct. I myself am not entirely draconic - my parents are both fallen angels. I figured that my background would help me help Nyct learn to assimilate into the clan. I believe he isn't as dangerous as everyone makes him out to be. Tell him,
Farangis.

Farangis steps forward. She glances at Adagio before speaking.

24374009p.png I am a priestess devoted to the Windsinger. One of my abilities allows me to "see" the amount of good and evil within dragons. I was surprised to find that although Nyctohylophobia is purely a Greater Horror, a Shade-touched creature, he isn't very evil at all. He contains very little malice or hate.

Adagio anxiously raps his claws across the desk in front of him.

23761270p.png Nyct tells me that Greater Horrors are capable of consuming a dragon's mind, which basically turns the dragon into another Horror, usually named for a fear that's related to the namesake of the Greater Horror that consumed them. At this point in time, I have no evidence to suggest that Nyct is feeding off of myself or my mate. In fact, I have no fear of dark forests, so I suspect that he is incapable of feeding off me.

jWAyGvS.jpg
Save Sornieth's Birds
rsz-612abf105149ce0d4a915a64bc527a9d.pngdNi7kr2.jpg 34e440a48f4368b81567270219f7e54142d18a63_128.gif
@Azurenight
((No worries about that. And thanks! :D))

Morrigan nods her head with a gentle smile. "The first part of your observation is precise, but I should likely start from your last question. I am not a re-incarnation," she stresses the part Dash has added on mistake only slightly "as that would imply someone who has had a physical form, lost it and gained a new one. I have not been born a dragon, or on Sornieth at all and I do not need a tangible body to influence events here. But having a physical form has many advantages and so I have adopted one that suits me. Not to worry, it has not belonged to anyone else before." Unlike the rest of her explanation, that last sentence has been a smooth but blatant lie, as she has gained her body by possessing a Sornieth-born dragon. That, however, is something none needs to know, especially since her gracious host seems so sensitive to the topic of undeath.

Having said that, the not-Skydancer shuffles in her seat, seemingly deep in thought. "Now, when it comes to the historical event... I will freely admit I do not know much of that time, having found my way to Sornieth only later. It is possible the whole story is nothing but a myth to explain where the Shade came from. But, it is just as likely that the first of my kind have come to Sornieth in a large group and very upset... perhaps after being chased out of some other world. In that case the accounts of the Shade "bursting" would also make sense as that is how it would appear when the individual spirits went their separate ways to explore this new land.

Also, yes. Sadly the symptoms you speak of as Shade influence are caused by my kind. Naturally, we are capable of causing positive effects just as strong, but that is besides the point of this study, is it not?"
@Azurenight
((No worries about that. And thanks! :D))

Morrigan nods her head with a gentle smile. "The first part of your observation is precise, but I should likely start from your last question. I am not a re-incarnation," she stresses the part Dash has added on mistake only slightly "as that would imply someone who has had a physical form, lost it and gained a new one. I have not been born a dragon, or on Sornieth at all and I do not need a tangible body to influence events here. But having a physical form has many advantages and so I have adopted one that suits me. Not to worry, it has not belonged to anyone else before." Unlike the rest of her explanation, that last sentence has been a smooth but blatant lie, as she has gained her body by possessing a Sornieth-born dragon. That, however, is something none needs to know, especially since her gracious host seems so sensitive to the topic of undeath.

Having said that, the not-Skydancer shuffles in her seat, seemingly deep in thought. "Now, when it comes to the historical event... I will freely admit I do not know much of that time, having found my way to Sornieth only later. It is possible the whole story is nothing but a myth to explain where the Shade came from. But, it is just as likely that the first of my kind have come to Sornieth in a large group and very upset... perhaps after being chased out of some other world. In that case the accounts of the Shade "bursting" would also make sense as that is how it would appear when the individual spirits went their separate ways to explore this new land.

Also, yes. Sadly the symptoms you speak of as Shade influence are caused by my kind. Naturally, we are capable of causing positive effects just as strong, but that is besides the point of this study, is it not?"
@Azurenight - ((Thanks! I was inspired by my pet lizard, who happened to be crawling around the floor licking the air and random objects when I thought it up! XP I picture her tongue flicking out like a monitor lizards when she's actively trying to track or identify something.)) [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30604669] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/306047/30604669_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Chaos gritts her teeth at Dash's expression, "I do not taste [i]Progens[/i] specifically, I can't actually distinguish them from other Gen 1s, though they do tend to be a little above average in magical capacity. And just for the record, only one of the dragons from my clan that sees magic is a Progen. The other hatched from a Gen 1 egg on the first night of the Star Fall celebration, which gave him a significant boost. It's funny, he can see magic better than Rhiannon even though he's blinder than a bat!" She bursts out laughing, earning a harsh glare from Glendon. "There was this one time, Darcy stole his glasses, and I saw the guy run into a mirror and apologize to it! He thought his reflection was another dragon! Oof-" Glendon's tail smacks into Chaos's side silencing her. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20403513] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/204036/20403513_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Do try to be more dignified at a serious gathering like this..." The Skydancer's voice trails off as a slight sneer appears on his face. The Wildclaw fidgeted under his scrutiny. "Sorry about that," she stammers, "I just appreciate a well-done prank, that's all. Shadow nature and all that..." "I too am Shadowborn," he deadpans. "Yeah, but...you're [i]you[/i] which is, umm...unique. I think I'll leave at that..." She scoots away from him slightly, as if afraid he might respond badly to her description. He lets out a long sigh, revealing a pair of sharp fangs nestled amongst the rest of his teeth for just a moment. He turns away from Chaos and answers Dash's inquiry, "I'm afraid I'm not entirely sure. Prior to joining my current clan, I simply wandered around, passing through the territories of many clans in many elements. I never stayed in one place long enough to observe much of the dragons' behavior. Occasionally, I would be intrigued by a particular dragon or two, and I'd remain a while longer to study their dreams." He curls inward slightly before continuing, "On the night I encountered...that [i]thing[/i] I'd entered the dream of a rather nervous seeming dragon living in the Hewn City. I can't quite recall any other details about him though...his dreams were very vivid, and usually nightmares. He was having a particularly violent one that night. If I had to guess, I'd say he was suffering from a guilty conscience of some sort, and perhaps that attracted it. I don't know what happened to him. As soon as I'd disentangled myself, I flew as far and fast away as I could without stopping until it was noon. After that I landed and began trying to dispel what clung to me..."
@Azurenight - ((Thanks! I was inspired by my pet lizard, who happened to be crawling around the floor licking the air and random objects when I thought it up! XP I picture her tongue flicking out like a monitor lizards when she's actively trying to track or identify something.)) Chaos gritts her teeth at Dash's expression, "I do not taste Progens specifically, I can't actually distinguish them from other Gen 1s, though they do tend to be a little above average in magical capacity. And just for the record, only one of the dragons from my clan that sees magic is a Progen. The other hatched from a Gen 1 egg on the first night of the Star Fall celebration, which gave him a significant boost. It's funny, he can see magic better than Rhiannon even though he's blinder than a bat!" She bursts out laughing, earning a harsh glare from Glendon.

"There was this one time, Darcy stole his glasses, and I saw the guy run into a mirror and apologize to it! He thought his reflection was another dragon! Oof-" Glendon's tail smacks into Chaos's side silencing her. "Do try to be more dignified at a serious gathering like this..." The Skydancer's voice trails off as a slight sneer appears on his face. The Wildclaw fidgeted under his scrutiny.

"Sorry about that," she stammers, "I just appreciate a well-done prank, that's all. Shadow nature and all that..."

"I too am Shadowborn," he deadpans.

"Yeah, but...you're you which is, umm...unique. I think I'll leave at that..." She scoots away from him slightly, as if afraid he might respond badly to her description. He lets out a long sigh, revealing a pair of sharp fangs nestled amongst the rest of his teeth for just a moment.

He turns away from Chaos and answers Dash's inquiry, "I'm afraid I'm not entirely sure. Prior to joining my current clan, I simply wandered around, passing through the territories of many clans in many elements. I never stayed in one place long enough to observe much of the dragons' behavior. Occasionally, I would be intrigued by a particular dragon or two, and I'd remain a while longer to study their dreams."

He curls inward slightly before continuing, "On the night I encountered...that thing I'd entered the dream of a rather nervous seeming dragon living in the Hewn City. I can't quite recall any other details about him though...his dreams were very vivid, and usually nightmares. He was having a particularly violent one that night. If I had to guess, I'd say he was suffering from a guilty conscience of some sort, and perhaps that attracted it. I don't know what happened to him. As soon as I'd disentangled myself, I flew as far and fast away as I could without stopping until it was noon. After that I landed and began trying to dispel what clung to me..."
jdDV4Lt.png
... This makes me want to find a dragon that can be potentially shade influenced. >.>
... This makes me want to find a dragon that can be potentially shade influenced. >.>
DoWq1FH.pngYzZnJxc.pngCi4cDic.png
noSD0w3.png
@OpalDreams Dash quickly scrawls down what is explained. ------- [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/IW1obGt.png[/img][nextcol]"Facinating! So they are still welcome inside the shield. Very interesting indeed. Thank you!" [/columns] ------ [i]Thank you Opal =)[/i]
@OpalDreams

Dash quickly scrawls down what is explained.
IW1obGt.png "Facinating! So they are still welcome inside the shield. Very interesting indeed. Thank you!"

Thank you Opal =)
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@Turnoroid The Wildclaw sits there enthralled by the retelling of Rogue's harrowing event. His wide eyes dart between the Pearlcatcher and his large pearl until finally they come to rest on Rogue. ------- [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/IW1obGt.png[/img][nextcol]"Did it kill you?" [/columns] ------ Dash quickly jerks upright after that question, shaking the preposterous idea from his mind while trying to ignore his hysterically laughing mate and the twitters of humor from his guests. After a quick clearing of his throat he continues. ------- [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/IW1obGt.png[/img][nextcol]"I apologize. I know it didn't kill you. I have a tendency to get engrossed in a story." [i]Ahem[/i]. "Anyway, you are telling us that the Shade possessed an item to ultimately posses a drake? In the case of Pearlcatchers going after their memories to break down their resistance. Fascinating."[/columns] ------- [i]=) Thank you. If you would like to share any more I would enjoy that =)[/i]
@Turnoroid

The Wildclaw sits there enthralled by the retelling of Rogue's harrowing event. His wide eyes dart between the Pearlcatcher and his large pearl until finally they come to rest on Rogue.
IW1obGt.png "Did it kill you?"

Dash quickly jerks upright after that question, shaking the preposterous idea from his mind while trying to ignore his hysterically laughing mate and the twitters of humor from his guests. After a quick clearing of his throat he continues.
IW1obGt.png "I apologize. I know it didn't kill you. I have a tendency to get engrossed in a story." Ahem. "Anyway, you are telling us that the Shade possessed an item to ultimately posses a drake? In the case of Pearlcatchers going after their memories to break down their resistance. Fascinating."

=) Thank you. If you would like to share any more I would enjoy that =)
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@EclipseMirror Dash records every word shared before looking up to address Exeter atop the bookcase. ------- [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/IW1obGt.png[/img][nextcol]"This is an amazing study. Your point about over consumption of energy could be very helpful with finding solutions to heal the tainted. I'm also very interested in this friend of yours, can you tell us more about this [i]reawakening[/i]?" [/columns] ------ [i]Thank you. Awesome lore! =)[/i]
@EclipseMirror

Dash records every word shared before looking up to address Exeter atop the bookcase.
IW1obGt.png "This is an amazing study. Your point about over consumption of energy could be very helpful with finding solutions to heal the tainted. I'm also very interested in this friend of yours, can you tell us more about this reawakening?"

Thank you. Awesome lore! =)
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@Foxfeet
Awesome lore! Yeah I think I would be freaked out too if my mere presence was enough to scare the Shade. Thanks for sharing =)
@Foxfeet
Awesome lore! Yeah I think I would be freaked out too if my mere presence was enough to scare the Shade. Thanks for sharing =)
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@Azurenight
I can gladly introduce another Shade-related dragon here if you want :D
@Azurenight
I can gladly introduce another Shade-related dragon here if you want :D
mommabanner_by_leikatay-d8r9d9h.gif
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 33 34