Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Is the Shade Still Among Us? [Closed]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34
@Azurenight
"I'll begin then." Rogue takes his pearl out of bag and puts it on the table in front of Dash. "One day I was hiding from the rain and chose a small cave near the road. It was half in light and half in darkness. I was sitting there for a long long time, wating for the sun to come from the clouds. It was almost evening when the rain stopped. And only then I heard a whisper. It sounded awful and sicky, even deseased dragons don't sound like that. It was calling me..." He took a deep breath and then proceeded. "But I was curious. I'm always behaving like this so I had to that time. I came closer, trying to see what was there. What, 'cause I can't name it a dragon. At first I thought it was a pearlcatcher with some mental issues or something like this. She didn't look mad or something. She looked... nervous. Nervous about ME. She thought I could hurt her. I understood it 'cause she smelled with fear. Great great fear. I tryed to talk with her, asked about what she was doing there and what happened. She couldn't answer. She whispered and gasped all the time and she was crying. I thought that she was crying, at leats. When I came closer, I understood that it was blood. Blood was running out of her eyes. And her eares. Only then I understood why she couldn't answer. She couldn't hear me, that's why! She pointed at her nose with cracked claw, whispering something unnatural, but I understood. She was seeing, hearing and even smelling something. That made her awfully mad." Rogue sobed, his eyes were full of pain. He was strangely attrakted to that pearlcatcher but couldn't save her and the memories hurt him. "Well, I stopped on the most interesting place, excuse me. So, I saw her pearl in the corner of the cave. It was... too dark for a pearl. Not black sort or any exotic. It looked smoked with darkness. Shadowy colour. I've never seen something like this, surely! I walked to it, but that girl stopped me. She grabbed my hand, she understood what I wanted to do. She whispered something, but I was too stubborn to stop. And I touched the pearl. It was strange. I saw the memories, but not only her. Thousands of different pearlcathers cried with agony, torn their eares, blinded themselves. It wasn't madness, tho. It was a strange shady feeling. It was interesting. And I was going to try to understand it. I wanted to feel what they felt. Wanted to taste it. But then I was awakened by a cry full of pain. It was she. She was biting my tail and crying louder than I expected. I jumped away from that pearl. It was shining in the darkness, waiting for other curious pearlcatchers to snatch it." Rogue closed his eyes and when he opened 'em again he looked so tired. "I couldn't save that girl. She was dying of starve already. But I understood that pearlcatchers can resist the Shade. It takes our memories and makes them painfull, dark, killing, mad. That pearl wasn't that girl's. It was lying in that cave forever long and curious pearlcatchers took it. And became posessed by Shade."
@Azurenight
"I'll begin then." Rogue takes his pearl out of bag and puts it on the table in front of Dash. "One day I was hiding from the rain and chose a small cave near the road. It was half in light and half in darkness. I was sitting there for a long long time, wating for the sun to come from the clouds. It was almost evening when the rain stopped. And only then I heard a whisper. It sounded awful and sicky, even deseased dragons don't sound like that. It was calling me..." He took a deep breath and then proceeded. "But I was curious. I'm always behaving like this so I had to that time. I came closer, trying to see what was there. What, 'cause I can't name it a dragon. At first I thought it was a pearlcatcher with some mental issues or something like this. She didn't look mad or something. She looked... nervous. Nervous about ME. She thought I could hurt her. I understood it 'cause she smelled with fear. Great great fear. I tryed to talk with her, asked about what she was doing there and what happened. She couldn't answer. She whispered and gasped all the time and she was crying. I thought that she was crying, at leats. When I came closer, I understood that it was blood. Blood was running out of her eyes. And her eares. Only then I understood why she couldn't answer. She couldn't hear me, that's why! She pointed at her nose with cracked claw, whispering something unnatural, but I understood. She was seeing, hearing and even smelling something. That made her awfully mad." Rogue sobed, his eyes were full of pain. He was strangely attrakted to that pearlcatcher but couldn't save her and the memories hurt him. "Well, I stopped on the most interesting place, excuse me. So, I saw her pearl in the corner of the cave. It was... too dark for a pearl. Not black sort or any exotic. It looked smoked with darkness. Shadowy colour. I've never seen something like this, surely! I walked to it, but that girl stopped me. She grabbed my hand, she understood what I wanted to do. She whispered something, but I was too stubborn to stop. And I touched the pearl. It was strange. I saw the memories, but not only her. Thousands of different pearlcathers cried with agony, torn their eares, blinded themselves. It wasn't madness, tho. It was a strange shady feeling. It was interesting. And I was going to try to understand it. I wanted to feel what they felt. Wanted to taste it. But then I was awakened by a cry full of pain. It was she. She was biting my tail and crying louder than I expected. I jumped away from that pearl. It was shining in the darkness, waiting for other curious pearlcatchers to snatch it." Rogue closed his eyes and when he opened 'em again he looked so tired. "I couldn't save that girl. She was dying of starve already. But I understood that pearlcatchers can resist the Shade. It takes our memories and makes them painfull, dark, killing, mad. That pearl wasn't that girl's. It was lying in that cave forever long and curious pearlcatchers took it. And became posessed by Shade."
mommabanner_by_leikatay-d8r9d9h.gif
@ZiegZegi There is a long moment where Dash sits there just staring wide eyed at the Bogsneak. ------- [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/IW1obGt.png[/img][nextcol]"He made young with her?!” [i]his voice squeaks[/i]. [/columns] ------ The Wildclaw cringed at his own outburst, while emitting a series of grunts and groans in an attempt to control his dumbfounded amazement. It took a moment, but he managed to collect himself, after which he turned to making a copy of the notes and sketches offered. ------- [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/IW1obGt.png[/img][nextcol]"This is an amazing study. I find it astounding that the young didn't have any other ill effect other then the blotches on the skin and the drool." [i]He allowed his eyes to turn quickly towards Molly before bringing his attention back to the Bogsneak.[/i] "Thank you for bringing this to us. If there is anything else you wish to share we'd love to hear it.” [/columns] ------ [i]Sorry for the late reply =) Also, love the noises and the sketch in your description that was awesome![/i]
@ZiegZegi

There is a long moment where Dash sits there just staring wide eyed at the Bogsneak.
IW1obGt.png "He made young with her?!” his voice squeaks.

The Wildclaw cringed at his own outburst, while emitting a series of grunts and groans in an attempt to control his dumbfounded amazement. It took a moment, but he managed to collect himself, after which he turned to making a copy of the notes and sketches offered.
IW1obGt.png "This is an amazing study. I find it astounding that the young didn't have any other ill effect other then the blotches on the skin and the drool." He allowed his eyes to turn quickly towards Molly before bringing his attention back to the Bogsneak. "Thank you for bringing this to us. If there is anything else you wish to share we'd love to hear it.”

Sorry for the late reply =) Also, love the noises and the sketch in your description that was awesome!
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@rainbowditto Loa hummed softly as she jotted down what was said. ------- [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/221740/22173991p.png[/img][nextcol]"Very interesting. Can you tell us anything about the process you used to reanimate the dead? Does he still think and function on his own? Does he demonstrate any symptoms of being tainted by the Shade?" [/columns] ------ [i]Love her Bio by the way [/i]=)
@rainbowditto

Loa hummed softly as she jotted down what was said.
22173991p.png "Very interesting. Can you tell us anything about the process you used to reanimate the dead? Does he still think and function on his own? Does he demonstrate any symptoms of being tainted by the Shade?"

Love her Bio by the way =)
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@FlyingDutchess Dash sits there wide eyed, watching the empty spot the Skydancer just left from. After a moment he leans forward, plucking up the calling card. He reads up to the point it explains the delivery method, at which point he cringes and hands the card over to his mate. ------- Loa looks over the card, shakes her head at her mate, and continues to respond. ------ [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/221740/22173991p.png[/img][nextcol][i]Hello there, the information you provided was absolutely fascinating and we would enjoy a visit from others of your Coven to discuss what they know about the Shade involved in your studies. Thank you. [/i][/columns] ------- Loa finishes with the note and sends the message off in the clutches of the skeletal bird. Once out of sight she reaches over to comfort her mate with a few loving strokes to the back. ------ [i]Absolutely no rush if you wish to reply again. Good luck with your exams! =D[/i]
@FlyingDutchess

Dash sits there wide eyed, watching the empty spot the Skydancer just left from. After a moment he leans forward, plucking up the calling card. He reads up to the point it explains the delivery method, at which point he cringes and hands the card over to his mate.

Loa looks over the card, shakes her head at her mate, and continues to respond.

22173991p.png Hello there, the information you provided was absolutely fascinating and we would enjoy a visit from others of your Coven to discuss what they know about the Shade involved in your studies. Thank you.

Loa finishes with the note and sends the message off in the clutches of the skeletal bird. Once out of sight she reaches over to comfort her mate with a few loving strokes to the back.
Absolutely no rush if you wish to reply again. Good luck with your exams! =D
buffer text
Coming
Soon
For anyone that has Exams this month I wish you the best of luck on them =) You got this!
For anyone that has Exams this month I wish you the best of luck on them =) You got this!
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@Morigan Dash struggles to clear his mind of the unsettling sensations he just picked up from the Skydancer. Once he collects himself he looks down to the quill that tumbled to the floor and the unfinished notes. Clearing his throat, he collects his pen and his work and quickly scrawls down what he sensed as well as what he was told. ------- [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/IW1obGt.png[/img][nextcol]"This is very fascinating. So you are saying that these [i]Spirits[/i] are what is causing the [i]shade influence[/i] in other dragons? Where they part of the historical Shade that tumbled to our world, or are these something different? Also, how are you an reincarnation of one?" [/columns] ------ [i]Sorry for the late reply =) Also, Morrigan is quite the frightening Skydancer, love her bio.[/i]
@Morigan

Dash struggles to clear his mind of the unsettling sensations he just picked up from the Skydancer. Once he collects himself he looks down to the quill that tumbled to the floor and the unfinished notes. Clearing his throat, he collects his pen and his work and quickly scrawls down what he sensed as well as what he was told.
IW1obGt.png "This is very fascinating. So you are saying that these Spirits are what is causing the shade influence in other dragons? Where they part of the historical Shade that tumbled to our world, or are these something different? Also, how are you an reincarnation of one?"

Sorry for the late reply =) Also, Morrigan is quite the frightening Skydancer, love her bio.
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@AceLizard There is a moment where Dash unconsciously lifts a hand to his neck, but drops it quickly. He records what he is told then looks up at the two. ------- [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/IW1obGt.png[/img][nextcol]"Agressive spirit," [i]he mutters under his breath[/i]. "This is concerning. I will be at Starfall this year, collecting information about our Arcane brothers and sisters. If you should require my or my clans aid in your apprehension of the cultists please let me know. Is there anything else you would like to add?" [/columns] ------ [i]=) Thank you[/i]
@AceLizard

There is a moment where Dash unconsciously lifts a hand to his neck, but drops it quickly. He records what he is told then looks up at the two.
IW1obGt.png "Agressive spirit," he mutters under his breath. "This is concerning. I will be at Starfall this year, collecting information about our Arcane brothers and sisters. If you should require my or my clans aid in your apprehension of the cultists please let me know. Is there anything else you would like to add?"

=) Thank you
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@StormyDragon Dash sits completely still as he stares at the Wildclaw before him. His expression falls flat and his eyes take on a hard, and almost vicious, look that had been unknown to the researcher until now. ------- [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/IW1obGt.png[/img][nextcol]"You can [i]taste[/i] Progens?" [/columns] ------ He does not wait for a reply and instead makes another note on a smaller scrap of paper. Once finished he quickly shoves it in the folds of his mantel. Dash returns his attention to the gathering with an inviting smile, the previous incident forgotten. -------- [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/IW1obGt.png[/img][nextcol]"What you shared is fascinating. Your study supports the theory that it is not one, but many. Astounding!"[i] His eyes dart momentarily towards Morrigan before returning to his research notes[/i]. "Also, I'm very curious about the drakes you sensed the presence from. Do you know if any of them experience any sort of Shade induced behaviors? Aside from the dreams that is. [/columns] ------- [i]Sorry for the late reply =) Loved your lore and I have to admit I really like the taste factor of Chaos' lore. It's unique =)[/i]
@StormyDragon

Dash sits completely still as he stares at the Wildclaw before him. His expression falls flat and his eyes take on a hard, and almost vicious, look that had been unknown to the researcher until now.
IW1obGt.png "You can taste Progens?"

He does not wait for a reply and instead makes another note on a smaller scrap of paper. Once finished he quickly shoves it in the folds of his mantel. Dash returns his attention to the gathering with an inviting smile, the previous incident forgotten.
IW1obGt.png "What you shared is fascinating. Your study supports the theory that it is not one, but many. Astounding!" His eyes dart momentarily towards Morrigan before returning to his research notes. "Also, I'm very curious about the drakes you sensed the presence from. Do you know if any of them experience any sort of Shade induced behaviors? Aside from the dreams that is.

Sorry for the late reply =) Loved your lore and I have to admit I really like the taste factor of Chaos' lore. It's unique =)
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@AzureNight [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25527095] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/255271/25527095_350.png[/img] [/url] Exeter perched on a bookcase, taking notes of as many of the cases mentioned as possible. "Interesting. I did not know that the Shade's possession over dragons can be as diverse and widespread as that of other creatures," he mused, dipping his fins mildly to indicate he was about to speak. "From my research, exploration and study, the remnants of Shade are most influential over 'hotspots' in Sorneith- namely the many combat venues and the darkest terrains of each flight. They are the strongest and most stable when bound to minds and souls and feed off magical energy. "I have isolated remnants from the Shadetouched before by drawing them out with spells, even if they don't last too long- they are automatically drawn to sentience and require a steady dosage of higher background magic, but shrivel in the face of concentrated offensive energy, most likely from the same reason that one can eat too much sugar. Familiars that constantly live under the partnership of a dragon eventually become immune to the influence, interestingly. "In the case of Shadetouched dragons, I find cases to be rare but possible -as demonstrated in this very room- through family heritage or through the coaxing of power when dragons hit a very low point in their mind. It... has reawakened in one of my closest friends recently even though she was influenced at a very young age and went through years of meditation to keep it under control- possibly due to the fact that the clan is no longer directly exposed to radioactive Arcane magic. I am currently writing up spells to find a cure."
@AzureNight

25527095_350.png

Exeter perched on a bookcase, taking notes of as many of the cases mentioned as possible.
"Interesting. I did not know that the Shade's possession over dragons can be as diverse and widespread as that of other creatures," he mused, dipping his fins mildly to indicate he was about to speak. "From my research, exploration and study, the remnants of Shade are most influential over 'hotspots' in Sorneith- namely the many combat venues and the darkest terrains of each flight. They are the strongest and most stable when bound to minds and souls and feed off magical energy.
"I have isolated remnants from the Shadetouched before by drawing them out with spells, even if they don't last too long- they are automatically drawn to sentience and require a steady dosage of higher background magic, but shrivel in the face of concentrated offensive energy, most likely from the same reason that one can eat too much sugar. Familiars that constantly live under the partnership of a dragon eventually become immune to the influence, interestingly.
"In the case of Shadetouched dragons, I find cases to be rare but possible -as demonstrated in this very room- through family heritage or through the coaxing of power when dragons hit a very low point in their mind. It... has reawakened in one of my closest friends recently even though she was influenced at a very young age and went through years of meditation to keep it under control- possibly due to the fact that the clan is no longer directly exposed to radioactive Arcane magic. I am currently writing up spells to find a cure."
30760.pngdestinyweaver_by_adorningmoon-dbzbp87.pngtumblr_ofkweumxKI1txzxxro1_250.png tumblr_oiev0tN7JJ1txzxxro1_250.png
@AzureKnight [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24709304] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/247094/24709304_350.png[/img] [/url] This fella came with a neat piece of shade lore already in his bio.
@AzureKnight

24709304_350.png

This fella came with a neat piece of shade lore already in his bio.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34