Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Copper Cave Dragon Subspecies
1 2 ... 195 196 197 198 199 ... 250 251
@flyingenfield

If you're still looking for a new admin to run the subspecies I would be more than happy to! I've always wanted to run a subspecies so it would certainly be something I would love to experience!

My only question would be if you could send me the coding for the current basic posts just so i wouldn't have to retype it all? And would it be alright to modify? (not the lore, but mostly just the lay out to make it fancier or something)

if not that's alright if figured i'd ask before hand.

however if you already found someone for the job don't worry about this post then ^^;
@flyingenfield

If you're still looking for a new admin to run the subspecies I would be more than happy to! I've always wanted to run a subspecies so it would certainly be something I would love to experience!

My only question would be if you could send me the coding for the current basic posts just so i wouldn't have to retype it all? And would it be alright to modify? (not the lore, but mostly just the lay out to make it fancier or something)

however if you already found someone for the job don't worry about this post then ^^;
haxorus.gif

Wishlist
♥ she / they
♥ +3 Hours FR time
@flyingenfield

@flyingenfield

haxorus.gif

Wishlist
♥ she / they
♥ +3 Hours FR time
Edit: Hurray for iPhones making 1/2 of what you say look like gibberish.

I'll have to be honest, I've actually scaled back on some of my breeding pairs of copper cave dragons. ^^; I'll still be breeding wildclaws and imps, bogs and pearlies, maybe a spiral or skydancer. But all my speedy breeders I've sent to GladeMum. I've been exalting more of their hatchlings than actually selling them. :/ So... yeaaah~

Anyway, instead of one person taking over the whole thing, what if several people chipped in like mods? A new thread would definitely be without question, because we wouldn't be able to go in and edit whatever post we want like real mods. But, we could all edit our own posts. So like, one person can be in charge of the registry post, another in charge of wishlists, etc and so forth.

And while we're discussing the proposition of new threads, perhaps a dragon sales thread could/should be separate from the main community/discussion thread? After all this is "Dragon Share" ^^;
Edit: Hurray for iPhones making 1/2 of what you say look like gibberish.

I'll have to be honest, I've actually scaled back on some of my breeding pairs of copper cave dragons. ^^; I'll still be breeding wildclaws and imps, bogs and pearlies, maybe a spiral or skydancer. But all my speedy breeders I've sent to GladeMum. I've been exalting more of their hatchlings than actually selling them. :/ So... yeaaah~

Anyway, instead of one person taking over the whole thing, what if several people chipped in like mods? A new thread would definitely be without question, because we wouldn't be able to go in and edit whatever post we want like real mods. But, we could all edit our own posts. So like, one person can be in charge of the registry post, another in charge of wishlists, etc and so forth.

And while we're discussing the proposition of new threads, perhaps a dragon sales thread could/should be separate from the main community/discussion thread? After all this is "Dragon Share" ^^;
6wR17En.png
@flyingenfield Yes please! :)
@flyingenfield Yes please! :)
12402398-cfdn-Gz-SSe0nmw-S3.gif
Join us for Project Egg!
More info here.
@ChakotayDgryphon It honestly hadn't even occurred to me to have two separate threads for lore etc and sales, but you're totally right, a separate sales thread would solve a lot of problems and probably be a better thing for the forum rules too. Just doing away with the registered list and pinglist entirely would take all the work out of the thread, in fact, and let it kinda run itself. People who wanted to find sale dragons could just watch the sales thread or subscribe to it.

IDEK. Do people find the pinglist or registered list useful? It kind of seems like people get sick of the pings and want to only be pinged for really specific things, which are sort of impossible to keep track of, and these dragons aren't selling real great for anybody at the moment, I don't think.

I mostly did "registered" dragons as a way to show people all the sorts of dragons that fit inside the subspecies and kind of inspire folks with particular looks and stuff, but registering totally isn't necessary to make a dragon part of the subspecies, either.

I could edit the initial info posts to have nothing that needs updating (no pinglist, wishlist, or registered list), and start up a separate sales thread, and we'd have a place for discussion and a place specifically for sales, and people could just subscribe to either thread?

@Kardi @Jyxxie @FelixMcTrashy @MythicalMemeLord @Rosekitten @vanadium you guys all offered to help, I'd love your input, and maybe if anybody out there has input just on how the thread works in general, if the pinglists are helping you or you'd rather just be subscribed to a sales-only thread, etc.
@ChakotayDgryphon It honestly hadn't even occurred to me to have two separate threads for lore etc and sales, but you're totally right, a separate sales thread would solve a lot of problems and probably be a better thing for the forum rules too. Just doing away with the registered list and pinglist entirely would take all the work out of the thread, in fact, and let it kinda run itself. People who wanted to find sale dragons could just watch the sales thread or subscribe to it.

IDEK. Do people find the pinglist or registered list useful? It kind of seems like people get sick of the pings and want to only be pinged for really specific things, which are sort of impossible to keep track of, and these dragons aren't selling real great for anybody at the moment, I don't think.

I mostly did "registered" dragons as a way to show people all the sorts of dragons that fit inside the subspecies and kind of inspire folks with particular looks and stuff, but registering totally isn't necessary to make a dragon part of the subspecies, either.

I could edit the initial info posts to have nothing that needs updating (no pinglist, wishlist, or registered list), and start up a separate sales thread, and we'd have a place for discussion and a place specifically for sales, and people could just subscribe to either thread?

@Kardi @Jyxxie @FelixMcTrashy @MythicalMemeLord @Rosekitten @vanadium you guys all offered to help, I'd love your input, and maybe if anybody out there has input just on how the thread works in general, if the pinglists are helping you or you'd rather just be subscribed to a sales-only thread, etc.
guardian_fae.png
@flyingenfield I don't think I'mthe person to host the new tread, but I think I can give you some tips about how to make it easier for you or the next "tread holder". I have a subspecies tread that is not in much use here, and the setup gives me minimal work. The subspecies is not as popular as this one though, as the accepted colours and genes are limited. But I often get requests for them in exchange for other dragons.

1st post: subspecies information and lore. Also a list of who to ping for questions. Also who made the subspecies.
2nd post: breed standards and badges.
3rd post: breeders and their hatcheries.
4th post: pinglists. One general pinglist for admin use only. One pinglist for all dragons for sale, one for copper/copper/aqua-range, one for copper/aqua/aqua-range, one for copper/aqua/copper-range, one for XXX copper and the wishlist.
5th post: Codes, menaing finished dragon lore that can be pasted right from a code into dragon bios. It also contains credit.

No dragon registery, as this is what makes the job stressful in my opinion. If they absolutely want a registery it can be done on page 2 so the page will load quicker.
@flyingenfield I don't think I'mthe person to host the new tread, but I think I can give you some tips about how to make it easier for you or the next "tread holder". I have a subspecies tread that is not in much use here, and the setup gives me minimal work. The subspecies is not as popular as this one though, as the accepted colours and genes are limited. But I often get requests for them in exchange for other dragons.

1st post: subspecies information and lore. Also a list of who to ping for questions. Also who made the subspecies.
2nd post: breed standards and badges.
3rd post: breeders and their hatcheries.
4th post: pinglists. One general pinglist for admin use only. One pinglist for all dragons for sale, one for copper/copper/aqua-range, one for copper/aqua/aqua-range, one for copper/aqua/copper-range, one for XXX copper and the wishlist.
5th post: Codes, menaing finished dragon lore that can be pasted right from a code into dragon bios. It also contains credit.

No dragon registery, as this is what makes the job stressful in my opinion. If they absolutely want a registery it can be done on page 2 so the page will load quicker.
Need more den tasks and den gem slots. Too many pretty dragons and I'm all maxed out. I have a dragon hoarding problem.
General yell of support from over here. I'm currently heading into a big convention weekend, but afterwards I'm happy to lend photoshop skills if we need some new banners/badges etc.
General yell of support from over here. I'm currently heading into a big convention weekend, but afterwards I'm happy to lend photoshop skills if we need some new banners/badges etc.
S0DOppf.pngbicatcher.png
@flyingenfield

We can make a post list, where each breeder to edit with their newest dragons for sale, it like a hatchery bazaar where everyone has a stall and can sell their stuff in the same, reliable, permanent place. They make the post so they can edit it. We(the sellers) can organize the posts by pairing like a normal hatchery. Pairing: offspring and prices, divider, pairing: offspring and prices, divider ect. Those posts will be static, and people asking to buy can post a request or pm, whichever the seller wants. So with this we do t have to scroll through a million pages to see who's still for sale. Each person gets a mini hatchery post. Each person will have to keep their hatchery up to date and clear any sold babs ect. I think it would work! Less for the sales post admin to have to do. And the lore post would be a discussion, on why what genes are used and why certain ones can't. You can put the registered dragons there if you wanted, and as well we the sellers would list if the derg was cc or can breed cc. Like me. My bogs are not cc, but their colors are, so they would need genes. My noodles however, pop out cc ready babs. I totally volunteer to spearhead the Bazaar idea.
@flyingenfield

We can make a post list, where each breeder to edit with their newest dragons for sale, it like a hatchery bazaar where everyone has a stall and can sell their stuff in the same, reliable, permanent place. They make the post so they can edit it. We(the sellers) can organize the posts by pairing like a normal hatchery. Pairing: offspring and prices, divider, pairing: offspring and prices, divider ect. Those posts will be static, and people asking to buy can post a request or pm, whichever the seller wants. So with this we do t have to scroll through a million pages to see who's still for sale. Each person gets a mini hatchery post. Each person will have to keep their hatchery up to date and clear any sold babs ect. I think it would work! Less for the sales post admin to have to do. And the lore post would be a discussion, on why what genes are used and why certain ones can't. You can put the registered dragons there if you wanted, and as well we the sellers would list if the derg was cc or can breed cc. Like me. My bogs are not cc, but their colors are, so they would need genes. My noodles however, pop out cc ready babs. I totally volunteer to spearhead the Bazaar idea.
YLpz8d9K_o.gif
@flyingfield i'd be SUPER interested in helping with subspecies
@flyingfield i'd be SUPER interested in helping with subspecies
eVaClRh.png
@flyingenfield

Thank you for the ping!
I'm also waiting for Jyxxie's response and nest results.

I hope you will get better and solve all IRL problems. Take care!
@flyingenfield

Thank you for the ping!
I'm also waiting for Jyxxie's response and nest results.

I hope you will get better and solve all IRL problems. Take care!
maironbat100.png SPIRAL-septica.gif tumblr_o2njdv_YVOg1umbrmyo1_400.png 41_Septica-90.png
1 2 ... 195 196 197 198 199 ... 250 251