Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Lore] Questions Once In a While
1 2 ... 375 376 377 378 379 ... 417 418
[quote]What is a feast like in your clan? Can your clan throw a party from time to time with nicely prepared food? Is it just a tiny bit more than the usual amount one gets in your clan? Is there music? Is it a common thing? Can any clan member attend? Can any outsider attend?[/quote] There's some sort of in-clan party for pretty much every festival. It usually means that there's a ton of food prepared in ways that are traditional to the flight it's celebrating. The Starfall Celebration is especially extravagant, since a lot of my clan are from Arcane, and it's the only time of year when a lot of ingredients from the Starfall Aisles are readily available in the Shifting Expanse. There's a lot of sweet and spicy dishes, chilled fruit, and really heavily marinated dishes that are grilled and then served with curries and other sauces. [s]I have really in-depth headcanons about food from certain flights, and Arcane is one of them. I had a dream once that chilled mangoes were a thing in the Starfall Celebration and I've stuck with it. :/[/s] But usually if there's a lot of different dishes, there will be a version of the same dish, but with a meat, a seafood, greens, or bugs. It's kind of uncommon that something will only be served to dragons with one dietary option, partly because a lot of my dragons were raised in places where it was seen as rude to have options not available to everyone. Other dragons, like Korolev, come from places with entirely different etiquette, where you cook a specific dish for different diets, because it shows that you care enough about them to make them a dish specifically for them. /shrug
Quote:
What is a feast like in your clan? Can your clan throw a party from time to time with nicely prepared food? Is it just a tiny bit more than the usual amount one gets in your clan? Is there music? Is it a common thing? Can any clan member attend? Can any outsider attend?

There's some sort of in-clan party for pretty much every festival. It usually means that there's a ton of food prepared in ways that are traditional to the flight it's celebrating. The Starfall Celebration is especially extravagant, since a lot of my clan are from Arcane, and it's the only time of year when a lot of ingredients from the Starfall Aisles are readily available in the Shifting Expanse. There's a lot of sweet and spicy dishes, chilled fruit, and really heavily marinated dishes that are grilled and then served with curries and other sauces. I have really in-depth headcanons about food from certain flights, and Arcane is one of them. I had a dream once that chilled mangoes were a thing in the Starfall Celebration and I've stuck with it. :/

But usually if there's a lot of different dishes, there will be a version of the same dish, but with a meat, a seafood, greens, or bugs. It's kind of uncommon that something will only be served to dragons with one dietary option, partly because a lot of my dragons were raised in places where it was seen as rude to have options not available to everyone. Other dragons, like Korolev, come from places with entirely different etiquette, where you cook a specific dish for different diets, because it shows that you care enough about them to make them a dish specifically for them. /shrug
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
.np7f4Fm.png current icon:
NUuorfS.png .
@lopika (I've been doing this for a couple days, and I'd like to be added finally :D) [quote name="Quote"] What is a feast like in your clan? Can your clan throw a party from time to time with nicely prepared food? Is it just a tiny bit more than the usual amount one gets in your clan? Is there music? Is it a common thing? Can any clan member attend? Can any outsider attend? [/quote] The Hyjinx Clan will throw a large feast/party on the first day of each Elemental Festival. Any dragon can attend, including those from the Mystery Clan. There is enough to feed around 200 dragons, and the food itself is quite nice. There's music, games, and treasure hunts for the hatchlings at these parties. The Mystery Clan, however, does not really do feasts. The only time these dragons attend feasts, is occasionally they will appear at the feasts of the Hyjinx Clan, though usually only during the Riot of Rot and the Trickmurk Circus.
@lopika (I've been doing this for a couple days, and I'd like to be added finally :D)
Quote wrote:
What is a feast like in your clan? Can your clan throw a party from time to time with nicely prepared food? Is it just a tiny bit more than the usual amount one gets in your clan? Is there music? Is it a common thing? Can any clan member attend? Can any outsider attend?

The Hyjinx Clan will throw a large feast/party on the first day of each Elemental Festival. Any dragon can attend, including those from the Mystery Clan. There is enough to feed around 200 dragons, and the food itself is quite nice. There's music, games, and treasure hunts for the hatchlings at these parties. The Mystery Clan, however, does not really do feasts. The only time these dragons attend feasts, is occasionally they will appear at the feasts of the Hyjinx Clan, though usually only during the Riot of Rot and the Trickmurk Circus.
FObX7rS.png
@lopika can you add me to pinglist

also am I able to answer all the questions at once?
@lopika can you add me to pinglist

also am I able to answer all the questions at once?
untitled_drawing_by_weneedagyro-dd1b1ku.png
[quote]11. April 2017. Does your clan plan anything for Easter? Will there be an egg hunt, or a hatching ceremony or anything egg related?[/quote] Toffee: -clears throat- We don't celebrate easter in our lair, we don't even know what easter is. Only time we really hunt for eggs, if one of eggs go missing and we have to go find them. But yes we do have hatching ceremony. Our wind-priest Dogoda, prepares that day with a feast, that is hunted by our, "our" lead hunter Roberto, unfortunately Roberto has since passed on to a new clan, so we're gonna have difficulty finding a new hunter. [quote]12. April 2017. What can a dragon do, when they miss someone from an other clan (or someone who has been exalted)? Can they send letters? Can they visit them? Can they call them to visit? Is there anyone in your clan who is in that state of mind right now?[/quote] Frst off let's talk of Exalting, in my lore, we view as death. Exalt training is viewed sacrifice, but regular exalting (at level 1) is viewed as death either of natural causes, or murder. For example two of bisk's offspring were murdered by a rival clan, while they were off hunting for them. Exalting day we celebrate their sacrifice. But when a dragon moves on to a new clan, they will be missed, they don't write letters because frankly most of the dragons in the lair don't care for each other, other than their own mate, or a one or 2 close friends. Sometimes they will be visited [quote]13. April 2017. Are the cultures of different Flights accepted in your clan? Does everyone have to take the clan's culture on, or can they save some of their own cultural elements?[/quote] Toffee: -reads the question- Of course!! all clan culturals are accepted with the warmest arms, I myself don't do anything a windie would do, but we do celebrate mostly with the wind holiday, but all dragons are welcomed to celebrate their holiday week. [quote]14. April 2017. Are any of your dragons on a special diet other from the usual one stated by breeds by Sornieth's lore? (Like a vegetarian meat-eater breed, or a meat-loving plant-eater breed?)[/quote] Toffee: -reads the questions, and laughs a little- Of course, Pandemic he prefers meat, if skydancers aren't built for eating meat, he enjoys breaking the law of natural, Quillfire and my mate Autumn will eat just about anything, plant, fish, meat, Thermidor prefers Fish because he's mostly at sea [quote]16. April 2017. Let's say hidden talent is being searched for in your clan. Pick 3 tasks that search for a specific talent. Then pick 3 random dragons for the tasks. How well did they do?[/quote] Toffee: -Taps his finger on his chin trying to remember- My clan don't fully meet except for atleast once a month for a week, so I might be rusty on my clan's abilities. -thinks for a while- I hate to say this... but -shutters- Quillfire has a hidden talent.. He's really talented with potion making, he knows a lot about potions and how to make some I never seen before. He uses to dart his arrows he uses. Potion maker is a very important hing to have in a clan, unfortunately the talent is wielded by Quillfire, the anarchist. We also enjoy fighting talents, we have a lot of skilled fighters, but the dragon who gets honored with the best fihgting skills is........ -inhales- Bisk.... Another lowlife clanmate, who happens to have a really good talent. He exalt trains our dragons, but he's such a brute, he nothing but a thrill jocky, getting in trouble for trying to break records, he has a terrible bratty attitude, and speaks like an total idiot... Like seriously what's a noob, what's a scrubz, what is -imitates hyped up gamer voice- CRITAL HIT! MAN! GAME OVER FOR YOU! lasty a talent I highly enjoy magic. we only have two mages, I highly respect Smelter, she protects our land from the shade and keeps shade touched dragons possessed with the shade it's self from fully turning. [quote]21. April 2017. Pick a relationship from your clan (not necessarily romantic). What hardships did the relationship have to survive? Did it take the challenges well? Did it fail to solve problems? What was the most challenging to overcome in that relationship?[/quote] Bisk and Nightshift. Bisk isn't nightshift's first choice of a mate. She wanted Quillfire to be her mate, but he picked somebody else. The hardships for her was to accept Bisk after being rejected by the guy she truely loves, when he picked somebody else as his mate, somebody she knew was gonna make his relationship toxic. Of course Nightshift and Bisk's relationship took challenges, Bisk was very rude with her at first, he called her names like Noob and scrubz, he rather break records then actually spend any time with her. Bisk never truely corrected himself, and isn't willing to correct himself. [quote]24. April 2017. Is age important in your lore? Do you assign age to your dragons' lore? Does the real age of a dragon count? Do you improve/ change your dragons' lore as they age?[/quote] no, it's not. Honestly I have a 3 year old dragon, that's lore a week-month old dragon, and a year old dragon that's lorey as a 2-3 year old dragon [quote]2017. Who has an enemy in your clan? What is their story?[/quote] Drift and Fracture are lore enemies, they're rival bounty hunters. Drift isn't in it for the money, he's in it for helping the dragon who committed the crime finding their reason for it, and helping them to never do it again. Fracture is only in it for the money, the gening scrolls or gems. He doesn't care if he has to heard somebody to get his bounty. he'll even kill a hatchling for his bounty, he'd fight the gods for his bounty. They're most of the time after the same bounty, so they end up fighting for the bounty, most of the time Fracture wins. [quote]12. May 2017. What is something that's considered inappropriate in your clan? Is it a "flight-thing"? Is it inappropriate because of a trauma of the elders, that made it a weird custom being banned?[/quote] not having a propose in the clan, like a job is considered inapproite in their leader's eyes
Quote:
11. April 2017. Does your clan plan anything for Easter? Will there be an egg hunt, or a hatching ceremony or anything egg related?

Toffee: -clears throat- We don't celebrate easter in our lair, we don't even know what easter is. Only time we really hunt for eggs, if one of eggs go missing and we have to go find them. But yes we do have hatching ceremony. Our wind-priest Dogoda, prepares that day with a feast, that is hunted by our, "our" lead hunter Roberto, unfortunately Roberto has since passed on to a new clan, so we're gonna have difficulty finding a new hunter.
Quote:
12. April 2017. What can a dragon do, when they miss someone from an other clan (or someone who has been exalted)? Can they send letters? Can they visit them? Can they call them to visit? Is there anyone in your clan who is in that state of mind right now?

Frst off let's talk of Exalting, in my lore, we view as death. Exalt training is viewed sacrifice, but regular exalting (at level 1) is viewed as death either of natural causes, or murder.

For example two of bisk's offspring were murdered by a rival clan, while they were off hunting for them. Exalting day we celebrate their sacrifice.

But when a dragon moves on to a new clan, they will be missed, they don't write letters because frankly most of the dragons in the lair don't care for each other, other than their own mate, or a one or 2 close friends. Sometimes they will be visited

Quote:
13. April 2017. Are the cultures of different Flights accepted in your clan? Does everyone have to take the clan's culture on, or can they save some of their own cultural elements?

Toffee: -reads the question- Of course!! all clan culturals are accepted with the warmest arms, I myself don't do anything a windie would do, but we do celebrate mostly with the wind holiday, but all dragons are welcomed to celebrate their holiday week.
Quote:
14. April 2017. Are any of your dragons on a special diet other from the usual one stated by breeds by Sornieth's lore? (Like a vegetarian meat-eater breed, or a meat-loving plant-eater breed?)

Toffee: -reads the questions, and laughs a little- Of course, Pandemic he prefers meat, if skydancers aren't built for eating meat, he enjoys breaking the law of natural, Quillfire and my mate Autumn will eat just about anything, plant, fish, meat, Thermidor prefers Fish because he's mostly at sea
Quote:
16. April 2017. Let's say hidden talent is being searched for in your clan. Pick 3 tasks that search for a specific talent. Then pick 3 random dragons for the tasks. How well did they do?

Toffee: -Taps his finger on his chin trying to remember- My clan don't fully meet except for atleast once a month for a week, so I might be rusty on my clan's abilities. -thinks for a while- I hate to say this... but -shutters- Quillfire has a hidden talent.. He's really talented with potion making, he knows a lot about potions and how to make some I never seen before. He uses to dart his arrows he uses. Potion maker is a very important hing to have in a clan, unfortunately the talent is wielded by Quillfire, the anarchist. We also enjoy fighting talents, we have a lot of skilled fighters, but the dragon who gets honored with the best fihgting skills is........ -inhales- Bisk.... Another lowlife clanmate, who happens to have a really good talent. He exalt trains our dragons, but he's such a brute, he nothing but a thrill jocky, getting in trouble for trying to break records, he has a terrible bratty attitude, and speaks like an total idiot... Like seriously what's a noob, what's a scrubz, what is -imitates hyped up gamer voice- CRITAL HIT! MAN! GAME OVER FOR YOU!

lasty a talent I highly enjoy magic. we only have two mages, I highly respect Smelter, she protects our land from the shade and keeps shade touched dragons possessed with the shade it's self from fully turning.
Quote:
21. April 2017. Pick a relationship from your clan (not necessarily romantic). What hardships did the relationship have to survive? Did it take the challenges well? Did it fail to solve problems? What was the most challenging to overcome in that relationship?

Bisk and Nightshift. Bisk isn't nightshift's first choice of a mate. She wanted Quillfire to be her mate, but he picked somebody else. The hardships for her was to accept Bisk after being rejected by the guy she truely loves, when he picked somebody else as his mate, somebody she knew was gonna make his relationship toxic. Of course Nightshift and Bisk's relationship took challenges, Bisk was very rude with her at first, he called her names like Noob and scrubz, he rather break records then actually spend any time with her. Bisk never truely corrected himself, and isn't willing to correct himself.
Quote:
24. April 2017. Is age important in your lore? Do you assign age to your dragons' lore? Does the real age of a dragon count? Do you improve/ change your dragons' lore as they age?

no, it's not. Honestly I have a 3 year old dragon, that's lore a week-month old dragon, and a year old dragon that's lorey as a 2-3 year old dragon
Quote:
2017. Who has an enemy in your clan? What is their story?
Drift and Fracture are lore enemies, they're rival bounty hunters.

Drift isn't in it for the money, he's in it for helping the dragon who committed the crime finding their reason for it, and helping them to never do it again.

Fracture is only in it for the money, the gening scrolls or gems. He doesn't care if he has to heard somebody to get his bounty. he'll even kill a hatchling for his bounty, he'd fight the gods for his bounty. They're most of the time after the same bounty, so they end up fighting for the bounty, most of the time Fracture wins.
Quote:
12. May 2017. What is something that's considered inappropriate in your clan? Is it a "flight-thing"? Is it inappropriate because of a trauma of the elders, that made it a weird custom being banned?

not having a propose in the clan, like a job is considered inapproite in their leader's eyes

untitled_drawing_by_weneedagyro-dd1b1ku.png
[quote]What is a feast like in your clan? Can your clan throw a party from time to time with nicely prepared food? Is it just a tiny bit more than the usual amount one gets in your clan? Is there music? Is it a common thing? Can any clan member attend? Can any outsider attend?[/quote] Feasts in the clan are a rare occurrence, usually happening around the Trickmurk Circus and Riot of Rot, as well as after long wars with Beastclans or other dragon flights. These feasts tend to be exclusive to dragons of the Night Parade, though occasionally important guests from Shadow or Plague clans may be allowed to partake in the meal as well. Festivals with plenty of nicely-prepared, easy to carry food occur at every flight holiday, and any dragon may have their share of that. Most of the time, the clan eats food native to the Scarred Wasteland and Tangled Wood, since the clan's most solid hunting grounds encompass those two territories. At a Night Parade feast, food from more exotic lands can be found, particularly delicacies from the Water, Wind, and Lightning flights. Given that there are a variety of different diets within the clan, there is also a variance in the type of food served. Insects, however, are left for more mundane meals, since the clan tends to have them in surplus. The clan's Nocturnes are the only ones who will regularly eat insects. For festivals, kebabs and dumplings are common, since they're easy to carry, can be eaten quickly, and can be made with or stuffed full of of a variety of different types of food. Night Parade cooks don't skimp, either; servings tend to be filling enough during both feasts and festivals to where a dragon will most definitely want to flop over in their nest and sleep after the festivities. Feasts and festivals differ in that feasts are typically formal dinner-type things, where dragons meet at a specified place and are only there for the meals. Festivals tend to also involve games, music, dancing, and various rituals related to the deities and clan superstition.
Quote:

Feasts in the clan are a rare occurrence, usually happening around the Trickmurk Circus and Riot of Rot, as well as after long wars with Beastclans or other dragon flights. These feasts tend to be exclusive to dragons of the Night Parade, though occasionally important guests from Shadow or Plague clans may be allowed to partake in the meal as well.

Festivals with plenty of nicely-prepared, easy to carry food occur at every flight holiday, and any dragon may have their share of that.

Most of the time, the clan eats food native to the Scarred Wasteland and Tangled Wood, since the clan's most solid hunting grounds encompass those two territories. At a Night Parade feast, food from more exotic lands can be found, particularly delicacies from the Water, Wind, and Lightning flights. Given that there are a variety of different diets within the clan, there is also a variance in the type of food served. Insects, however, are left for more mundane meals, since the clan tends to have them in surplus. The clan's Nocturnes are the only ones who will regularly eat insects.

For festivals, kebabs and dumplings are common, since they're easy to carry, can be eaten quickly, and can be made with or stuffed full of of a variety of different types of food. Night Parade cooks don't skimp, either; servings tend to be filling enough during both feasts and festivals to where a dragon will most definitely want to flop over in their nest and sleep after the festivities.

Feasts and festivals differ in that feasts are typically formal dinner-type things, where dragons meet at a specified place and are only there for the meals. Festivals tend to also involve games, music, dancing, and various rituals related to the deities and clan superstition.
26ec748a5511548ec7e5188e9448484c2e46f197.png
[quote]What is a feast like in your clan? Can your clan throw a party from time to time with nicely prepared food? Is it just a tiny bit more than the usual amount one gets in your clan? Is there music? Is it a common thing? Can any clan member attend? Can any outsider attend?[/quote] Feasts are not a common occurrence. We almost exclusively hold them in the middle of festivals, while it's in full swing before we're packing up to move camp again. Matid prepares traditional dishes from the territory, but she doesn't make much. There's plenty for everyone and it takes her a few days to prepare everything. It's always on the third day of the festival, and once we've all eaten, she's completely off duty and not at all expected to work until we're moving again. Other than the food itself, it's really simple. Matid just puts the food on the counter in her tent, and we take what we want, and sit outside around the campfire. Matid gets first pick of what she's prepared, then the rest of us grab food in no particular order, it's really first come first served buffet style, and then certain guests may partake. Only guests who are recovering and will be staying with us for the duration of the festival are allowed to grab the specially prepared meals. Other guests may be present, but can only get fresh, but uncooked food from what Matid keeps available at all times. She enforces this personally.
Quote:

Feasts are not a common occurrence. We almost exclusively hold them in the middle of festivals, while it's in full swing before we're packing up to move camp again. Matid prepares traditional dishes from the territory, but she doesn't make much. There's plenty for everyone and it takes her a few days to prepare everything. It's always on the third day of the festival, and once we've all eaten, she's completely off duty and not at all expected to work until we're moving again. Other than the food itself, it's really simple. Matid just puts the food on the counter in her tent, and we take what we want, and sit outside around the campfire. Matid gets first pick of what she's prepared, then the rest of us grab food in no particular order, it's really first come first served buffet style, and then certain guests may partake. Only guests who are recovering and will be staying with us for the duration of the festival are allowed to grab the specially prepared meals. Other guests may be present, but can only get fresh, but uncooked food from what Matid keeps available at all times. She enforces this personally.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
[quote]What is a feast like in your clan? Can your clan throw a party from time to time with nicely prepared food? Is it just a tiny bit more than the usual amount one gets in your clan? Is there music? Is it a common thing? Can any clan member attend? Can any outsider attend?[/quote] We typically try to be conservative with our food source, so our meals aren't always terribly fancy. However, during a party or festival, we like to put on a big feast! However, for flight festivals, we encourage the elemental reps/priests to provide the food sources gathered from their own home region. It helps with keeping the spirit of the holiday alive and is helpful for keeping our food stores at a decent number. We like to make festive feasts extra fancy to make up for our otherwise simple meals!
Quote:

We typically try to be conservative with our food source, so our meals aren't always terribly fancy. However, during a party or festival, we like to put on a big feast! However, for flight festivals, we encourage the elemental reps/priests to provide the food sources gathered from their own home region. It helps with keeping the spirit of the holiday alive and is helpful for keeping our food stores at a decent number. We like to make festive feasts extra fancy to make up for our otherwise simple meals!
eg1jZa2.png
[quote]What is a feast like in your clan? Can your clan throw a party from time to time with nicely prepared food? Is it just a tiny bit more than the usual amount one gets in your clan? Is there music? Is it a common thing? Can any clan member attend? Can any outsider attend?[/quote] small feasts are semi-common and usually occur to celebrate someone's achievements or a good thing for the whole clan; BIG feasts are very rare and only happen on truly deserving occasions. small feasts are calm with an atmosphere of jubilation, and those who like to let loose often do so no matter the size of the party. food is well-prepared in large quantities in advance, any and all clan members can attend, and even if outsiders knew feasts happened they probably wouldnt be invited i think. big feasts are basically one giant party where everyone can just enjoy themselves for the night - chowing on food and having great conversations with clanmates. everyone who's ever attended a big feast in starsea has loved it B)
Quote:
small feasts are semi-common and usually occur to celebrate someone's achievements or a good thing for the whole clan; BIG feasts are very rare and only happen on truly deserving occasions. small feasts are calm with an atmosphere of jubilation, and those who like to let loose often do so no matter the size of the party. food is well-prepared in large quantities in advance, any and all clan members can attend, and even if outsiders knew feasts happened they probably wouldnt be invited i think.
big feasts are basically one giant party where everyone can just enjoy themselves for the night - chowing on food and having great conversations with clanmates. everyone who's ever attended a big feast in starsea has loved it B)
Lk8UWJk.gifxx
@VastPlaguesOfAku

Sure! Feel free to answer as many questions as you'd like. Feel free to skip questions or even answer in a different order the questions were asked. Well, all at once seems frantic, as there are more than 300 questions in the archive, but that is also an option :)
@VastPlaguesOfAku

Sure! Feel free to answer as many questions as you'd like. Feel free to skip questions or even answer in a different order the questions were asked. Well, all at once seems frantic, as there are more than 300 questions in the archive, but that is also an option :)
For centered view 0gjOTSO.gif Adopts: SpiralBusts P9G7630.png
[quote]What is a feast like in your clan? Can your clan throw a party from time to time with nicely prepared food? Is it just a tiny bit more than the usual amount one gets in your clan? Is there music? Is it a common thing? Can any clan member attend? Can any outsider attend?[/quote] Basically every night is party night, for those who like to take part. There is a meal around the fire, which everybody joins in. And then anybody who needs personal space is welcome to go off to their own space or go do their own thing. And those who feel like it spend the rest of the night singing and dancing (and sometimes drinking) until late. Song is a big part of the clan culture. For special occasions, it's the same thing but to the next level. Lots more food. Lots more music. Lots more dancing. Dragons from many clans around are invited.
Quote:

Basically every night is party night, for those who like to take part. There is a meal around the fire, which everybody joins in. And then anybody who needs personal space is welcome to go off to their own space or go do their own thing. And those who feel like it spend the rest of the night singing and dancing (and sometimes drinking) until late. Song is a big part of the clan culture.

For special occasions, it's the same thing but to the next level. Lots more food. Lots more music. Lots more dancing. Dragons from many clans around are invited.
1 2 ... 375 376 377 378 379 ... 417 418