Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Fiber Arts Club!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
fiber arts! yaaaas!

I'll have to dig up pictures later but my main fiber arts are inkle weaving, card weaving, and embroidery. I see that sewing counts too so also that. <3
fiber arts! yaaaas!

I'll have to dig up pictures later but my main fiber arts are inkle weaving, card weaving, and embroidery. I see that sewing counts too so also that. <3
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. A red firecracker with a green tassel and gold decoration featuring an Imperial dragon design.
heyZH2H.png
mlHpBMC.png
Pgv53XB.png
lAvpyOQ.png
@brighteningskies

my favourite thing to crochet is amigurumi/plushies. I've found they make really easy gifts, and it's nice to take on small projects that can be done in 10 hours or less (I mean there are a few I have done that take about 30 hours, but thats unusual)

What is your favourite thing to make?
@brighteningskies

my favourite thing to crochet is amigurumi/plushies. I've found they make really easy gifts, and it's nice to take on small projects that can be done in 10 hours or less (I mean there are a few I have done that take about 30 hours, but thats unusual)

What is your favourite thing to make?
fiendiishly.png
What's everyone's last project? Here's my last amigurumi project: a dragon adapted from this baby Haku pattern by False Bubbles (Her pattern is only found on Youtube link: https://youtu.be/0hTpAmj1rms) [img]https://i.imgur.com/2nXjHGA.jpg[/img] I'm now in search of an imperial with similar looks and I came up with this guy: [morphology=3695844]
What's everyone's last project?

Here's my last amigurumi project: a dragon adapted from this baby Haku pattern by False Bubbles (Her pattern is only found on Youtube link: https://youtu.be/0hTpAmj1rms)
2nXjHGA.jpg

I'm now in search of an imperial with similar looks and I came up with this guy:
Crochet dragon
EVz0MRA.gif7wIcn90.pngO69yB2l.png
@Neptunelycan Oh my gosh!!! That is amazing and so cute!! I'll definitely be saving that one! :D My latest project was this cute little string of vines that I put some wire in and added some flowers to! [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/958443799649087529/1141067850090565652/IMG_20230815_125511805.jpg[/img] I plan on making a bigger one that'll go around the corners of my room so that I can hang birthday and other cards from it! :D
@Neptunelycan Oh my gosh!!! That is amazing and so cute!! I'll definitely be saving that one! :D

My latest project was this cute little string of vines that I put some wire in and added some flowers to!

IMG_20230815_125511805.jpg

I plan on making a bigger one that'll go around the corners of my room so that I can hang birthday and other cards from it! :D
A small felt circle that says The Fiber Arts Club in rainbow letters.

call me alex! | he/they
bVWdtvK.png
J7D1quC.png
10ttDG2.png
_
@Fiendishly

I like to crochet cushion covers and also storage things like baskets and hanging storage :D Love adding a pop of colour to everyday items
Do you think you would ever crochet a flight rising plushie?

@Neptunelycan
That's so cute!! how did you do the cute fluff bits?

@uruhead
That turned out so pretty! it looks great as a lil shelf decoration like that with the flowers. Cottagecore vibes <3
@Fiendishly

I like to crochet cushion covers and also storage things like baskets and hanging storage :D Love adding a pop of colour to everyday items
Do you think you would ever crochet a flight rising plushie?

@Neptunelycan
That's so cute!! how did you do the cute fluff bits?

@uruhead
That turned out so pretty! it looks great as a lil shelf decoration like that with the flowers. Cottagecore vibes <3
NFJCNCS.gif UBaiWUV.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
YMPbu9R.png
BY1bl09.png ZFAfDzf.png eVSz2yG.png
@neptunelycan that dragon is so cute. not sure what my last completed project is. unless I count the leaf from earlier. tho that was more practice. I fear it might have been this guy: [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/2ef79740f708bd3d917252a26ef2fb4d/4d0315db32a2f018-84/s640x960/83e0b94d8ce5239f3e02209eef50f87c49845e9f.jpg[/img] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/4c413e2aeb369dcb13a9844b9bc2ece1/4d0315db32a2f018-69/s640x960/6d63c04ac20da78497186a1d6695142b0e460f99.jpg[/img] @uruhead that looks so good
@neptunelycan that dragon is so cute.

not sure what my last completed project is. unless I count the leaf from earlier. tho that was more practice.

I fear it might have been this guy:

83e0b94d8ce5239f3e02209eef50f87c49845e9f.jpg
6d63c04ac20da78497186a1d6695142b0e460f99.jpg

@uruhead that looks so good
Wn94zHr.png
dEe2UrM.png
sQMcqHN.png
TdTJOrw.png........
old-oaks-2.png
I do have about half a dozen projects in various stages of planning and completion oops

some examples: I'm sewing a Seaslug cloak (yes, the one from FR). I'm making attachable pockets for a skirt. I'm modifying an old favorite dress into a skirt. and I'm planning on knitting a new scarf(I dismantled the old one because I wasn't happy with it), and maybe a hat/ mittens with the reflex yarn I got.
I do have about half a dozen projects in various stages of planning and completion oops

some examples: I'm sewing a Seaslug cloak (yes, the one from FR). I'm making attachable pockets for a skirt. I'm modifying an old favorite dress into a skirt. and I'm planning on knitting a new scarf(I dismantled the old one because I wasn't happy with it), and maybe a hat/ mittens with the reflex yarn I got.
Wn94zHr.png
dEe2UrM.png
sQMcqHN.png
TdTJOrw.png........
old-oaks-2.png
@uruhead That's so pretty! I've made flowers and working on making bouquet in the near future.

@brighteningskies I used a faux fur yarn (which is a pain in the a-- to use). The original pattern creator used some type of velvet yarn which made hers more fluffy in general but I don't have that on hand.

@Robotzebra FROG. also, the Seaslug cloak would look so cool! Are you following a pattern or free handing it?
@uruhead That's so pretty! I've made flowers and working on making bouquet in the near future.

@brighteningskies I used a faux fur yarn (which is a pain in the a-- to use). The original pattern creator used some type of velvet yarn which made hers more fluffy in general but I don't have that on hand.

@Robotzebra FROG. also, the Seaslug cloak would look so cool! Are you following a pattern or free handing it?
EVz0MRA.gif7wIcn90.pngO69yB2l.png
@Neptunelycan I'm not using a pattern. Aside from the one I've made myself. so I guess I'm freehanding it.

I'm hoping it turns out great but it is going to be a pain to make. sewing on all those spots on all those "scales". wich is one of the reasons the project is on pause lol.
@Neptunelycan I'm not using a pattern. Aside from the one I've made myself. so I guess I'm freehanding it.

I'm hoping it turns out great but it is going to be a pain to make. sewing on all those spots on all those "scales". wich is one of the reasons the project is on pause lol.
Wn94zHr.png
dEe2UrM.png
sQMcqHN.png
TdTJOrw.png........
old-oaks-2.png
Just found this thread, love to see other fiber artists! All of your projects look great [emoji=tundra star size=1] I unfortunately don't have any pics right now (wrong device) but I entered the shawl that I finished this summer into my State Fair. Does anyone else do competitions? I also started working on a baby blanket for a coworker in [url=https://www.purlsoho.com/create/2015/06/29/mosaic-blanket/]this pattern[/url] (but in burgundy and white instead of pink). Turns out the pattern is massively easy and I recommend it to anyone who wants to start a Big Project for the first time, it's a great one to learn how colorwork goes and how to read a pattern diagram if you don't already know!
Just found this thread, love to see other fiber artists! All of your projects look great I unfortunately don't have any pics right now (wrong device) but I entered the shawl that I finished this summer into my State Fair. Does anyone else do competitions?

I also started working on a baby blanket for a coworker in this pattern (but in burgundy and white instead of pink). Turns out the pattern is massively easy and I recommend it to anyone who wants to start a Big Project for the first time, it's a great one to learn how colorwork goes and how to read a pattern diagram if you don't already know!
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17