Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Art by the FRaraoh | Writing | No posts
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
FRIEND OR FOE | ???
FRIEND OR FOE | ???
[b]ZYKHARD | Stories[/b] [quote= Back With a Vengeance] I felt energy filling up inside and awakened to the sounds of whirring machinery. I noticed that I was restrained against a machine, of which was being used to attach new pieces of armor to my body, and analyzed my situation. This was not where I last was, I knew that all too well. Last thing I remembered was calling out to my fellow soldier, a soldier who took what I deserved, but whose assistance I required to continue fighting. I was stuck under heavy rubble, after a tower exploded and bits of it fell on top of me, trapping me and disabling any movement on one side. He was the only one with me, but no matter now many times I tried to call to him, he never listened... ...And he left me. I remembered his gaze meeting mine and his smirk as he saw how desperate I was. But the worst part...Was what he said before he left... "Now you'll know how suffering truly feels. I'll inform Lord Ba.Ron how you...[i]Died honorably[/i] to protect his kingdom." [i]Suffering...[/i] I glared down at the restraints, before noticing that I was in a dimly lit room -- a lab of sorts. There were bottles hanging on shelves, and three workers wandered the room, carrying around materials for what I could only assume were for other projects. [i]You don't even know suffering![/i] I extended my hand and grabbed the restraint around one arm, ripping it free, before doing the same with the one around my other arm and around my waist. "O-Oh! H-He's awake!" Someone spoke as I took a step forward, and I caught sight of one of the scientists turning in my direction. "Where--" I began to question, but after trying to take another step, fell onto the floor. The scientist ran up to me, attempting to help me onto my feet, and I glared at him, shoving him away with a grunt. "I can...Do it...Myself!" I growled, pushing myself up slowly. He backed away nervously, trying to inform me of something I clearly missed, and after my third attempt to stand, only to fail, managed to speak up. "Sir...Your leg...It had to be replaced." I stopped at this and glanced down at the side where I was injured, taking note of the prosthetic leg that replaced the one crushed from the rubble. The sight of it brought back more memories: How I was so close to proving my worth, how I could taste victory as I struck down enemy soldiers... ...And how a sneak attack on the castle threw me off guard, but Lucifer somehow saw it coming. "This is your fault!" My claws dug into the floor and I finally began to stand, using one hand to knock over nearby objects and forge a support for myself. "Sir! Wha- What are you doing?!" The scientist watched as more objects were knocked down and turned into a giant pole, and I finally stood back up, gripping it tight. "The war..." I turned toward him, to which he squeaked nervously, "...Tell me. Where is Ba.Ron?" His nervousness began to fade and I swore I could hear muffled chuckles. Something about this gave me an idea on the war's result, but I wanted to hear it from his mouth - in his own words. I inched toward him, then noticed how his demeanor was changing once again, as if his fear was coming back. He knew I was one of Ba.Ron's soldiers, but he didn't know anything else about me; About my position, about my strength, about my experience... ...Nor about my powers. Powers to control technology. Powers that would crush his pathetic laboratory should I let them take over. My hand shot forward and grabbed his neck, and I slammed him against the wall before growing close enough to get my face into his. "[i]Tell me.[/i]" I growled, "The war...Who won...And where I am. I want to hear...[i]Everything.[/i]" My claws pressed against his throat, and he tried to loosen my grip, but to no avail. He could be heard choking from the pressure, before another scientist spoke from further away. "Ba.Ron is gone. He fought well, but stood no chance against our King. His cranium shell now hangs behind our King's throne as a reminder to those who question him." Their answer was boldly stated, yet, I felt something different about them. Almost as if they were hiding something...Something big. [i]Such as their loyalty toward Ba.Ron.[/i] I turned toward them, the other scientist still in my grasp, before throwing the latter aside and demanding, "Who is your King?" They silenced, lowering their head, and I saw them turn away, confirming my assumptions about their loyalty. The room was silent, and even the machines were powered off, before the first scientist replied... "Lord...Malik." His voice, while still struggling to regain strength from my previous assault, was dark and almost chilling as he spoke. I reached for him again, this time pushing him toward myself, as I continued to question them. "Who is this...Malik?" I didn't dare hold back my intimidating tone, lest they thought they could catch me off guard and escape. Both were quiet, until the hand near the first scientist began to spin and I laid a claw on his neck, allowing it to twirl through his wiry hair before releasing it with a harsh pull. He let out a yelp and tried to find a way out, but I made sure that he - nor anyone else in the lab - could escape by slamming that same hand into the wall, shutting off the power and causing the room to grow dark. "H-He...He's..." he struggled to speak, but couldn't. I saw his head darting around fearfully, clearly wanting to escape from me, and trying desperately to find anything to hide behind or use for protection, before I grabbed him again and held a claw up to his chin. "Look. Your precious...[i]Malik[/i]...Took away the very kingdom I called my home. I want to know who he is and where he came from! If you don't want me to destroy your precious lab and everyone in it, you'll tell me everything you know!" He whimpered and sobbed as my claw dug into his chin, its point barely piercing his armor, before finally babbling out everything in almost a single, tear-filled sentence. "H-He...He came from outside the kingdom! W-We don't know anything about him, only that he...He has massive power...Powers over blackouts! He came and just started the War! We had nothing to do with him..! I...I know...He's watching everything..! He-He'll stop you...If he finds out...About you..! He'll --" My claw turned him toward my face and I grabbed his neck again with my other hand, cutting him off. "He won't find out about me...And he won't [i]stop[/i] me." I snarled, "Besides...There's someone else who I'm...More invested in at the moment." More squeaks of fear sounded as I then added, "The vampire. What happened to him?" There was silence, before a low growl escaped my mouth, and the scientist in my grip began to speak. "Wh-What vampire..? I-I never saw...One of those..!" My patience ran out with him after this. I crushed his neck in my grip and threw his body against the wall, then turned toward the other scientist nearby, of whom cowered immediately at my glare. "W-We never saw him...Not after the War ended." they answered, to which I began to straighten up, "H-He could very well be dead...Just like Ba.Ron." I turned away from them, deep in thought. I knew Lucifer well; He wasn't one to go down easily. Something about him told me that he could almost forsee things before they happened...Such as the ambush on the tower. He wouldn't had fallen so fast, not with his speed and vampiric abilities... He wasn't like me. "No." I went toward a window, gazing at what I could only assume was the New Cyberspace outside, and sighed. "If he hasn't been spotted...Then he's not dead." I heard soft footsteps as they seemed to be moving toward me, then quickly brought them close with my hand, facing them toward the window and the scenery outside. "Hmph...Pathetic, isn't it?" I glanced down at them and saw them turning their head toward me slightly, only to turn back quickly. "This sight...I shall wipe it all completely." I raised my hand and touched a claw to the window, then scraped a circle in the glass, causing a loud screech to fill the air and the scientist to back away quickly. "Let them enjoy their...Little victory. Let them think they won." They came back to my side, and despite the jagged mark left on the window, slowly asked, "What are you planning?" A low chuckle, before I turned toward them and smirked. "A little payback...For taking everything from me." I then passed by them and gave my arm a swing, restarting everything within the lab, before finding a seat near the back and touching it lightly with my fingers. "But for now...I must regain my strength. That energy you gave me...It brought me back from a fate I thought I would've suffered for the rest of my life. I require more, and I shall reward you should you provide it." They stopped behind me and I could hear them asking, "What of the kingdom? What if they find out?" I turned and sat in the chair, then laid my hands on both of its arms, chuckling again before I answered. "That'll be [i]their[/i] problem." I smirked and pressed my hands together, "After all...They don't know who they're dealing with." My claws scraped together, and despite their still cringing expression, nodded and bowed before me. "We will avenge our losses. I promise." A third chuckle, and I replied. "They'll regret ever opposing me! I, Zykhard, Chief Science Officer of the Ba.Ron Army - now EX MILITARY! - shall take back what's rightfully ours!" Another swing of my arm, and a massive control panel appeared before the chair, and I gave its buttons quick presses of my claws, causing the lab to transform from the outside and to grow two pairs of legs, before taking us to our new location... ...Where no one would ever find us. Not Malik, not his army... [i]...No one.[/i] Not even Lucifer...Wherever he should be. [/quote]
ZYKHARD | Stories
Back With a Vengeance wrote:

I felt energy filling up inside and awakened to the sounds of whirring machinery. I noticed that I was restrained against a machine, of which was being used to attach new pieces of armor to my body, and analyzed my situation.

This was not where I last was, I knew that all too well. Last thing I remembered was calling out to my fellow soldier, a soldier who took what I deserved, but whose assistance I required to continue fighting.

I was stuck under heavy rubble, after a tower exploded and bits of it fell on top of me, trapping me and disabling any movement on one side. He was the only one with me, but no matter now many times I tried to call to him, he never listened...

...And he left me.

I remembered his gaze meeting mine and his smirk as he saw how desperate I was.

But the worst part...Was what he said before he left...

"Now you'll know how suffering truly feels. I'll inform Lord Ba.Ron how you...Died honorably to protect his kingdom."

Suffering...

I glared down at the restraints, before noticing that I was in a dimly lit room -- a lab of sorts. There were bottles hanging on shelves, and three workers wandered the room, carrying around materials for what I could only assume were for other projects.

You don't even know suffering!

I extended my hand and grabbed the restraint around one arm, ripping it free, before doing the same with the one around my other arm and around my waist.

"O-Oh! H-He's awake!"

Someone spoke as I took a step forward, and I caught sight of one of the scientists turning in my direction.

"Where--" I began to question, but after trying to take another step, fell onto the floor.

The scientist ran up to me, attempting to help me onto my feet, and I glared at him, shoving him away with a grunt.

"I can...Do it...Myself!" I growled, pushing myself up slowly.

He backed away nervously, trying to inform me of something I clearly missed, and after my third attempt to stand, only to fail, managed to speak up.

"Sir...Your leg...It had to be replaced."

I stopped at this and glanced down at the side where I was injured, taking note of the prosthetic leg that replaced the one crushed from the rubble. The sight of it brought back more memories: How I was so close to proving my worth, how I could taste victory as I struck down enemy soldiers...

...And how a sneak attack on the castle threw me off guard, but Lucifer somehow saw it coming.

"This is your fault!"

My claws dug into the floor and I finally began to stand, using one hand to knock over nearby objects and forge a support for myself.

"Sir! Wha- What are you doing?!"

The scientist watched as more objects were knocked down and turned into a giant pole, and I finally stood back up, gripping it tight.

"The war..." I turned toward him, to which he squeaked nervously, "...Tell me. Where is Ba.Ron?"

His nervousness began to fade and I swore I could hear muffled chuckles. Something about this gave me an idea on the war's result, but I wanted to hear it from his mouth - in his own words.

I inched toward him, then noticed how his demeanor was changing once again, as if his fear was coming back. He knew I was one of Ba.Ron's soldiers, but he didn't know anything else about me; About my position, about my strength, about my experience...

...Nor about my powers. Powers to control technology. Powers that would crush his pathetic laboratory should I let them take over.

My hand shot forward and grabbed his neck, and I slammed him against the wall before growing close enough to get my face into his.

"Tell me." I growled, "The war...Who won...And where I am. I want to hear...Everything."

My claws pressed against his throat, and he tried to loosen my grip, but to no avail. He could be heard choking from the pressure, before another scientist spoke from further away.

"Ba.Ron is gone. He fought well, but stood no chance against our King. His cranium shell now hangs behind our King's throne as a reminder to those who question him."

Their answer was boldly stated, yet, I felt something different about them. Almost as if they were hiding something...Something big.

Such as their loyalty toward Ba.Ron.

I turned toward them, the other scientist still in my grasp, before throwing the latter aside and demanding, "Who is your King?"

They silenced, lowering their head, and I saw them turn away, confirming my assumptions about their loyalty. The room was silent, and even the machines were powered off, before the first scientist replied...

"Lord...Malik."

His voice, while still struggling to regain strength from my previous assault, was dark and almost chilling as he spoke. I reached for him again, this time pushing him toward myself, as I continued to question them.

"Who is this...Malik?" I didn't dare hold back my intimidating tone, lest they thought they could catch me off guard and escape.

Both were quiet, until the hand near the first scientist began to spin and I laid a claw on his neck, allowing it to twirl through his wiry hair before releasing it with a harsh pull. He let out a yelp and tried to find a way out, but I made sure that he - nor anyone else in the lab - could escape by slamming that same hand into the wall, shutting off the power and causing the room to grow dark.

"H-He...He's..." he struggled to speak, but couldn't. I saw his head darting around fearfully, clearly wanting to escape from me, and trying desperately to find anything to hide behind or use for protection, before I grabbed him again and held a claw up to his chin.

"Look. Your precious...Malik...Took away the very kingdom I called my home. I want to know who he is and where he came from! If you don't want me to destroy your precious lab and everyone in it, you'll tell me everything you know!"

He whimpered and sobbed as my claw dug into his chin, its point barely piercing his armor, before finally babbling out everything in almost a single, tear-filled sentence.

"H-He...He came from outside the kingdom! W-We don't know anything about him, only that he...He has massive power...Powers over blackouts! He came and just started the War! We had nothing to do with him..! I...I know...He's watching everything..! He-He'll stop you...If he finds out...About you..! He'll --"

My claw turned him toward my face and I grabbed his neck again with my other hand, cutting him off.

"He won't find out about me...And he won't stop me." I snarled, "Besides...There's someone else who I'm...More invested in at the moment."

More squeaks of fear sounded as I then added, "The vampire. What happened to him?"

There was silence, before a low growl escaped my mouth, and the scientist in my grip began to speak.

"Wh-What vampire..? I-I never saw...One of those..!"

My patience ran out with him after this. I crushed his neck in my grip and threw his body against the wall, then turned toward the other scientist nearby, of whom cowered immediately at my glare.

"W-We never saw him...Not after the War ended." they answered, to which I began to straighten up, "H-He could very well be dead...Just like Ba.Ron."

I turned away from them, deep in thought. I knew Lucifer well; He wasn't one to go down easily. Something about him told me that he could almost forsee things before they happened...Such as the ambush on the tower.

He wouldn't had fallen so fast, not with his speed and vampiric abilities...

He wasn't like me.

"No."

I went toward a window, gazing at what I could only assume was the New Cyberspace outside, and sighed.

"If he hasn't been spotted...Then he's not dead."

I heard soft footsteps as they seemed to be moving toward me, then quickly brought them close with my hand, facing them toward the window and the scenery outside.

"Hmph...Pathetic, isn't it?"

I glanced down at them and saw them turning their head toward me slightly, only to turn back quickly.

"This sight...I shall wipe it all completely."

I raised my hand and touched a claw to the window, then scraped a circle in the glass, causing a loud screech to fill the air and the scientist to back away quickly.

"Let them enjoy their...Little victory. Let them think they won."

They came back to my side, and despite the jagged mark left on the window, slowly asked, "What are you planning?"

A low chuckle, before I turned toward them and smirked.

"A little payback...For taking everything from me."

I then passed by them and gave my arm a swing, restarting everything within the lab, before finding a seat near the back and touching it lightly with my fingers.

"But for now...I must regain my strength. That energy you gave me...It brought me back from a fate I thought I would've suffered for the rest of my life. I require more, and I shall reward you should you provide it."

They stopped behind me and I could hear them asking, "What of the kingdom? What if they find out?"

I turned and sat in the chair, then laid my hands on both of its arms, chuckling again before I answered.

"That'll be their problem." I smirked and pressed my hands together, "After all...They don't know who they're dealing with."

My claws scraped together, and despite their still cringing expression, nodded and bowed before me.

"We will avenge our losses. I promise."

A third chuckle, and I replied.

"They'll regret ever opposing me! I, Zykhard, Chief Science Officer of the Ba.Ron Army - now EX MILITARY! - shall take back what's rightfully ours!"

Another swing of my arm, and a massive control panel appeared before the chair, and I gave its buttons quick presses of my claws, causing the lab to transform from the outside and to grow two pairs of legs, before taking us to our new location...

...Where no one would ever find us. Not Malik, not his army...

...No one.

Not even Lucifer...Wherever he should be.
ZYKHARD | Stories
ZYKHARD | Stories
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9