Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Art by the FRaraoh | Writing | No posts
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote= Return of the Icy King] The arena is as big as ever and SubZero awaits his turn to sign up. Spitfire sits on his head and looks around anxiously, noticing all the familiar faces - Foes from both past victories and losses, and even ones they heard of, but never fought - were all in line to fight for glory. "Is that Subby?!" SubZero turned around immediately at this. He knew this voice, and he knew this name; It was a joke made by a single Bot... "SawBlaze, it's been a while." SawBlaze rolled up to him, with a couple of Bots beside him, before the other two left them alone. "It has. I heard about your last championship. I admit I'm surprised you're back, but I also admire your determination." Spitfire flew off SubZero's head and landed on SawBlaze's arm, chirping excitedly. SawBlaze lowered his arm and SubZero knew what he was saying. "Spitfire! Hush!" Spitfire obeyed and lowered his head in shame before flying back to SubZero and landing on him again. SawBlaze was silent and turned away slightly, to which Spitfire let out a low chirp to apologize. "No need to be sorry." SawBlaze turned back toward them and gave a slight motion with his arm, signaling that the line moved, "That was a huge surprise for me as well. I knew Uppercut was strong, but I didn't expect him to cause that much damage to my tank. However, I am also surprised I survived that blow, even if I lost in the end." SubZero was shocked at this response. SawBlaze was usually super hot headed and lost his temper at any mentioning of a loss...And this loss was huge, partially due to being against a former apprentice. He raised Uppercut to fight and grow strong, and his teachings worked. Uppercut became so powerful and calculated, he was able to deal a direct blow to SawBlaze's fire tank, of which exploded on contact. If it weren't for the Box's barrier, someone would've definitely been scorched by flames, or at least struck by parts. "I'm proud of him." SawBlaze gazed ahead and SubZero could feel his pride, "I never expected to raise such a powerful apprentice. I feel like he could take on anyone." SubZero began to speak, but Spitfire roared, startling him, and nodded toward the area in front of him. It was finally time to sign up. SawBlaze watched as SubZero flashed his logo toward a scanner in front of him, to which it spoke. "Signature accepted. Welcome back, SubZero." Spitfire, too, showed his logo, and the scanner spoke again. "Additional team member confirmed: Spitfire. Good luck, you two." SubZero entered the large building ahead, and waited for SawBlaze to follow. It didn't take him long before he entered, and the two went up to the Box to finish their conversation. "So, you're in as well. Looks like once again, we're rivals." SawBlaze chuckled and raised his arm, his saw spinning slightly. "We are indeed. Perhaps we will battle sometime. Either way, luck to us both." SubZero watched as SawBlaze rolled away and left to look for his room. His kingdom was not his home and wasn't going to be for a while...If things go well. If they don't... ...He didn't want to know. ||| SubZero had found his room. He noticed that Spitfire was already making himself comfortable on a plump cushion before resting. He wanted to join in, but at the same time, he had to get an idea on who all was in. "I'll be back later." SubZero turned as Spitfire let out a tired chirp in reply and left the room, letting his partner relax before things got intense in a few days. It didn't take long, however, until a familiar sound filled the air. A loud scream was heard, followed by the familiar yelling of the one Bot SubZero didn't want to see before the tournament. [i]HIM again...[/i] SubZero rolled up a pathway, of which led to a higher floor with more rooms. These rooms were where the defending champion and some "higher tier " Bots would stay. And in front of the champion's room... ...Was the remaining champ, Tantrum... ...And Tombstone. SubZero shook his head and sighed. Of course, Tombstone was here. He wanted that room, but since he was no longer the champion, it wasn't his this tournament. Tombstone glared at Tantrum, of whom was doing just what his name implies: having a tantrum. But in this case, he had the right to. Tantrum was the current reigning champ, and the room was his until he was dethroned. While the young Bot won a lot of fights with luck, he did show prowess in battle, and deserved his title. "Get away from my room, twerp!" Tombstone's loud voice only made Tantrum scream more, and knowing the both of them, there would be a fight before the tournament began...And if it did, someone was going to be in very bad shape. "No no no! It's MINE!" Tantrum raced in front of the door and huddled close to it, "I won! I'M the winner!" While a lot of Bots hated Tantrum's whining and crying, they are always amazed during his fights. And then, he's not even living up to his name - that's just him fighting! But they also forget how young he is, and while it doesn't seem like it, these battles put a lot of pressure on him. While even the most experienced fighters feel this same pressure, it's a lot worse if you're as young as Tantrum and don't quite know how to behave maturely. Of course, ex-champ Tombstone still doesn't care. Newcomer or expert, doesn't mean a thing to him, and he just wants what he claims he deserves. Even if it belonged to a 4-year-old Bot with incredible punching power. SubZero knew he had to stop them but didn't know how. He then caught sight of a small, blue Bot huddling close to Tantrum. "Blip?" After he said this, both Tombstone and Tantrum silenced and the Bot peeked out slowly, his large eyes full of fear. Tantrum also looked and shrieked, "SubZero!" before racing past Tombstone and ramming into his body. Somehow, just a tiny detail can make him happy again, but SubZero was glad to see him too. "Did you see? Did you see my win?" SubZero couldn't help but chuckle at the instant change in emotion, and nodded in response. "Yes. I can tell you've grown. You're one tough Bot!" Blip slowly approached SubZero and nudged him lightly, to which he gave him a gentle tap. "I saw you as well. You were amazingly powerful. Did you enjoy your first tournament?" Blip looked up and shook slightly, to which SubZero figured he was saying "a little". "He didn't like fighting Rusty." Tantrum replied, "Or Hydra. Big meanie." While he was out of the tournament before finals, SubZero was able to watch the rest from his home. The fights against both Bots ended up different: Rusty was Blip's very first match and a literal test run, resulting in a victory. Hydra...Dominated the whole thing. Blip huddled close and SubZero knew he was sad about those fights; Rusty was their best friend, and Blip wanted to do his best against Hydra, but failed. Although that saved him from fighting his older brother, it still stung. "You'll get him next time." SubZero coaxed him, "Even if it takes a while, it's all part of the tournament. But you remember my fights? I lost all of them, so you already surpassed me." Blip nuzzled SubZero's front lightly, then made a few noises in response. "Upgrade my weapon?" SubZero understood this completely, "I could do that, but at the same time, I've used the same type of weapon during every tournament. Even when my design changed, my fighting style stayed remotely the same regarding weapons. I may not be as strong as Bronco, Hydra, or now you, but I have to admit...I'm proud to have the technology I have now...And besides, it's time for you young guns to take over." Before anyone could reply, Tombstone spoke up, clearly listening in the entire time. "Speak for yourself! It's these bothersome brats who are over complicating things! This used to be fun, filled with all sorts of powerful weapons and ripped armor! Now it's [i]this[/i]: a boring montage of 'old vs new'. We already know who wins!" SubZero faced him slightly, allowing the two brothers to roll behind him, and asked, "If it's 'so boring' as you put it, why are you still here? And if I remember correctly, you also have an apprentice, and he's young too! Or did you forget about him?" Tantrum also spoke from behind, adding, "We didn't see Perfect Phoenix at all! Did he lose his only fight?" SubZero gave him a sharp glare in reply, to which Tantrum giggled, despite that being very wrong to say. Perfect Phoenix may be under Tombstone's teachings, but he was still just a kid -- a powerful kid. He may had been fortunate that whatever happened to him did, or the two may had to engage during the tournament. Although, Tombstone had another apprentice as well: Atom #94, and...He lost every fight. Maybe he's biased toward Perfect Phoenix like others believe. They mention seeing Atom #94 being scolded by Tombstone while Perfect Phoenix is treated more like a son, but tend to keep that amongst themselves. It doesn't help when they see Atom #94 moping around by himself, always asking why he's hated. While this caught the attention of SawBlaze and Gigabyte in particular, they come back saying that Atom claims nothing is wrong. While on the other hand, Phoenix is always seen acting like a spoiled brat, claiming how Tombstone gave him a lot of presents that day and flaunting them to everyone he sees. While he may be humble before a fight, he's known to showcase his "Tombstone Junior" side if he wins from time to time. "He had other priorities." Tombstone replied, "And you're fortunate that he has those same priorities this time too. But I also entered Atom #94 along with myself, so you'd better watch out. Of course, whether he actually [i]does anything[/i] is another question." SubZero wanted to reply, but someone called Tombstone's name from above, and he shoved his way past to head downstairs. Tantrum and Blip raced to a railing, wanting to see who it was, and while SubZero knew this was a bad idea, peeked as well... ...Catching sight of both Perfect Phoenix and Atom #94 talking to Tombstone. While he tried to ignore the actual conversation between the three, SubZero could tell that the rumors were true: Perfect Phoenix was the favorite. It was clear from how they talked down to Atom for his "weakness", followed by hesitant protests and pleas from the other. But that's not what frightened him the most. Before they rolled away, the most horrible words could be heard being said to Atom #94: "If you mess up again this time, I'll send you somewhere even more terrible than you are now." Atom could barely reply before the others began to leave him behind, and SubZero could feel his fear before he went to catch up with them. "Meanie." Tantrum spoke from behind, and SubZero forgot he was there. "That guy's a jerk!" He turned toward him and saw Blip pouting about what just happened. "And to make it worse, Perfect Phoenix thinks that's okay! Dummy!" SubZero hushed Tantrum and took him to his room, now that Tombstone was finally out of sight. "Are you both in the tournament?" Tantrum shook his head. "Not Blip. But he's staying in my room so we can work." Blip nodded and gave his brother a tap before nudging the door, stating he wants to go in. Tantrum noticed right away and let him in before saying his final words. "We're gonna beat those guys, right? We gotta!" SubZero sighed. While winning was a part of the competition, and he wanted to redeem himself, he still wanted to win with humility and respect. And the threat made toward Atom #94 still remained echoing in his head. [i]What if it's true?[/i] "S-SubZero..?" Tantrum spoke again, nervousness reflected in his normally cheery tone, and SubZero gives him a reassuring gaze. "We can only do our best. But don't forget, we are not going down their path. As long as you fight with respect, you're doing things right." Tantrum was quiet. He glanced back as Blip rolled around joyfully, enjoying the large room, before turning back toward SubZero and nodding. "You'll be fine. Good luck, and get some rest...Champ." Tantrum charged into SubZero at this and nuzzled him, then nodded again before going into his room and closing the door. SubZero headed back to his own room, and went inside quietly, careful to not wake the sleeping Spitfire, and began to slowly relax before falling asleep. [i]It all begins tomorrow...[/i] [/quote]
Return of the Icy King wrote:

The arena is as big as ever and SubZero awaits his turn to sign up. Spitfire sits on his head and looks around anxiously, noticing all the familiar faces - Foes from both past victories and losses, and even ones they heard of, but never fought - were all in line to fight for glory.

"Is that Subby?!"

SubZero turned around immediately at this. He knew this voice, and he knew this name; It was a joke made by a single Bot...

"SawBlaze, it's been a while."

SawBlaze rolled up to him, with a couple of Bots beside him, before the other two left them alone.

"It has. I heard about your last championship. I admit I'm surprised you're back, but I also admire your determination."

Spitfire flew off SubZero's head and landed on SawBlaze's arm, chirping excitedly. SawBlaze lowered his arm and SubZero knew what he was saying.

"Spitfire! Hush!"

Spitfire obeyed and lowered his head in shame before flying back to SubZero and landing on him again.

SawBlaze was silent and turned away slightly, to which Spitfire let out a low chirp to apologize.

"No need to be sorry." SawBlaze turned back toward them and gave a slight motion with his arm, signaling that the line moved, "That was a huge surprise for me as well. I knew Uppercut was strong, but I didn't expect him to cause that much damage to my tank. However, I am also surprised I survived that blow, even if I lost in the end."

SubZero was shocked at this response. SawBlaze was usually super hot headed and lost his temper at any mentioning of a loss...And this loss was huge, partially due to being against a former apprentice. He raised Uppercut to fight and grow strong, and his teachings worked. Uppercut became so powerful and calculated, he was able to deal a direct blow to SawBlaze's fire tank, of which exploded on contact. If it weren't for the Box's barrier, someone would've definitely been scorched by flames, or at least struck by parts.

"I'm proud of him." SawBlaze gazed ahead and SubZero could feel his pride, "I never expected to raise such a powerful apprentice. I feel like he could take on anyone."

SubZero began to speak, but Spitfire roared, startling him, and nodded toward the area in front of him.

It was finally time to sign up.

SawBlaze watched as SubZero flashed his logo toward a scanner in front of him, to which it spoke.

"Signature accepted. Welcome back, SubZero."

Spitfire, too, showed his logo, and the scanner spoke again.

"Additional team member confirmed: Spitfire. Good luck, you two."

SubZero entered the large building ahead, and waited for SawBlaze to follow.

It didn't take him long before he entered, and the two went up to the Box to finish their conversation.

"So, you're in as well. Looks like once again, we're rivals."

SawBlaze chuckled and raised his arm, his saw spinning slightly.

"We are indeed. Perhaps we will battle sometime. Either way, luck to us both."

SubZero watched as SawBlaze rolled away and left to look for his room. His kingdom was not his home and wasn't going to be for a while...If things go well.

If they don't...

...He didn't want to know.

|||

SubZero had found his room. He noticed that Spitfire was already making himself comfortable on a plump cushion before resting.

He wanted to join in, but at the same time, he had to get an idea on who all was in.

"I'll be back later."

SubZero turned as Spitfire let out a tired chirp in reply and left the room, letting his partner relax before things got intense in a few days.

It didn't take long, however, until a familiar sound filled the air. A loud scream was heard, followed by the familiar yelling of the one Bot SubZero didn't want to see before the tournament.

HIM again...

SubZero rolled up a pathway, of which led to a higher floor with more rooms. These rooms were where the defending champion and some "higher tier " Bots would stay.

And in front of the champion's room...

...Was the remaining champ, Tantrum...

...And Tombstone.

SubZero shook his head and sighed. Of course, Tombstone was here. He wanted that room, but since he was no longer the champion, it wasn't his this tournament.

Tombstone glared at Tantrum, of whom was doing just what his name implies: having a tantrum. But in this case, he had the right to. Tantrum was the current reigning champ, and the room was his until he was dethroned.

While the young Bot won a lot of fights with luck, he did show prowess in battle, and deserved his title.

"Get away from my room, twerp!"

Tombstone's loud voice only made Tantrum scream more, and knowing the both of them, there would be a fight before the tournament began...And if it did, someone was going to be in very bad shape.

"No no no! It's MINE!" Tantrum raced in front of the door and huddled close to it, "I won! I'M the winner!"

While a lot of Bots hated Tantrum's whining and crying, they are always amazed during his fights. And then, he's not even living up to his name - that's just him fighting! But they also forget how young he is, and while it doesn't seem like it, these battles put a lot of pressure on him. While even the most experienced fighters feel this same pressure, it's a lot worse if you're as young as Tantrum and don't quite know how to behave maturely.

Of course, ex-champ Tombstone still doesn't care. Newcomer or expert, doesn't mean a thing to him, and he just wants what he claims he deserves.

Even if it belonged to a 4-year-old Bot with incredible punching power.

SubZero knew he had to stop them but didn't know how. He then caught sight of a small, blue Bot huddling close to Tantrum.

"Blip?"

After he said this, both Tombstone and Tantrum silenced and the Bot peeked out slowly, his large eyes full of fear.

Tantrum also looked and shrieked, "SubZero!" before racing past Tombstone and ramming into his body. Somehow, just a tiny detail can make him happy again, but SubZero was glad to see him too.

"Did you see? Did you see my win?"

SubZero couldn't help but chuckle at the instant change in emotion, and nodded in response.

"Yes. I can tell you've grown. You're one tough Bot!"

Blip slowly approached SubZero and nudged him lightly, to which he gave him a gentle tap.

"I saw you as well. You were amazingly powerful. Did you enjoy your first tournament?"

Blip looked up and shook slightly, to which SubZero figured he was saying "a little".

"He didn't like fighting Rusty." Tantrum replied, "Or Hydra. Big meanie."

While he was out of the tournament before finals, SubZero was able to watch the rest from his home. The fights against both Bots ended up different: Rusty was Blip's very first match and a literal test run, resulting in a victory. Hydra...Dominated the whole thing.

Blip huddled close and SubZero knew he was sad about those fights; Rusty was their best friend, and Blip wanted to do his best against Hydra, but failed. Although that saved him from fighting his older brother, it still stung.

"You'll get him next time." SubZero coaxed him, "Even if it takes a while, it's all part of the tournament. But you remember my fights? I lost all of them, so you already surpassed me."

Blip nuzzled SubZero's front lightly, then made a few noises in response.

"Upgrade my weapon?" SubZero understood this completely, "I could do that, but at the same time, I've used the same type of weapon during every tournament. Even when my design changed, my fighting style stayed remotely the same regarding weapons. I may not be as strong as Bronco, Hydra, or now you, but I have to admit...I'm proud to have the technology I have now...And besides, it's time for you young guns to take over."

Before anyone could reply, Tombstone spoke up, clearly listening in the entire time.

"Speak for yourself! It's these bothersome brats who are over complicating things! This used to be fun, filled with all sorts of powerful weapons and ripped armor! Now it's this: a boring montage of 'old vs new'. We already know who wins!"

SubZero faced him slightly, allowing the two brothers to roll behind him, and asked, "If it's 'so boring' as you put it, why are you still here? And if I remember correctly, you also have an apprentice, and he's young too! Or did you forget about him?"

Tantrum also spoke from behind, adding, "We didn't see Perfect Phoenix at all! Did he lose his only fight?"

SubZero gave him a sharp glare in reply, to which Tantrum giggled, despite that being very wrong to say. Perfect Phoenix may be under Tombstone's teachings, but he was still just a kid -- a powerful kid. He may had been fortunate that whatever happened to him did, or the two may had to engage during the tournament.

Although, Tombstone had another apprentice as well: Atom #94, and...He lost every fight. Maybe he's biased toward Perfect Phoenix like others believe. They mention seeing Atom #94 being scolded by Tombstone while Perfect Phoenix is treated more like a son, but tend to keep that amongst themselves.

It doesn't help when they see Atom #94 moping around by himself, always asking why he's hated.

While this caught the attention of SawBlaze and Gigabyte in particular, they come back saying that Atom claims nothing is wrong.

While on the other hand, Phoenix is always seen acting like a spoiled brat, claiming how Tombstone gave him a lot of presents that day and flaunting them to everyone he sees. While he may be humble before a fight, he's known to showcase his "Tombstone Junior" side if he wins from time to time.

"He had other priorities." Tombstone replied, "And you're fortunate that he has those same priorities this time too. But I also entered Atom #94 along with myself, so you'd better watch out. Of course, whether he actually does anything is another question."

SubZero wanted to reply, but someone called Tombstone's name from above, and he shoved his way past to head downstairs.

Tantrum and Blip raced to a railing, wanting to see who it was, and while SubZero knew this was a bad idea, peeked as well...

...Catching sight of both Perfect Phoenix and Atom #94 talking to Tombstone.

While he tried to ignore the actual conversation between the three, SubZero could tell that the rumors were true: Perfect Phoenix was the favorite. It was clear from how they talked down to Atom for his "weakness", followed by hesitant protests and pleas from the other.

But that's not what frightened him the most.

Before they rolled away, the most horrible words could be heard being said to Atom #94:

"If you mess up again this time, I'll send you somewhere even more terrible than you are now."

Atom could barely reply before the others began to leave him behind, and SubZero could feel his fear before he went to catch up with them.

"Meanie."

Tantrum spoke from behind, and SubZero forgot he was there.

"That guy's a jerk!"

He turned toward him and saw Blip pouting about what just happened.

"And to make it worse, Perfect Phoenix thinks that's okay! Dummy!"

SubZero hushed Tantrum and took him to his room, now that Tombstone was finally out of sight.

"Are you both in the tournament?"

Tantrum shook his head.

"Not Blip. But he's staying in my room so we can work."

Blip nodded and gave his brother a tap before nudging the door, stating he wants to go in.

Tantrum noticed right away and let him in before saying his final words.

"We're gonna beat those guys, right? We gotta!"

SubZero sighed. While winning was a part of the competition, and he wanted to redeem himself, he still wanted to win with humility and respect.

And the threat made toward Atom #94 still remained echoing in his head.

What if it's true?

"S-SubZero..?"

Tantrum spoke again, nervousness reflected in his normally cheery tone, and SubZero gives him a reassuring gaze.

"We can only do our best. But don't forget, we are not going down their path. As long as you fight with respect, you're doing things right."

Tantrum was quiet. He glanced back as Blip rolled around joyfully, enjoying the large room, before turning back toward SubZero and nodding.

"You'll be fine. Good luck, and get some rest...Champ."

Tantrum charged into SubZero at this and nuzzled him, then nodded again before going into his room and closing the door.

SubZero headed back to his own room, and went inside quietly, careful to not wake the sleeping Spitfire, and began to slowly relax before falling asleep.

It all begins tomorrow...
[quote= Frozen Stiff] [i]The competition is strong...[/i] There wasn't much time before the tournament would begin. This afternoon was when every Bot who signed in would be fighting for glory. (WIP) [/quote]
Frozen Stiff wrote:

The competition is strong...

There wasn't much time before the tournament would begin. This afternoon was when every Bot who signed in would be fighting for glory.

(WIP)
[quote= Chilling Encounter] [i]It'll only get grim from here...[/i] (WIP) [/quote]
Chilling Encounter wrote:
It'll only get grim from here...

(WIP)
[b]BATTLEBOTS AU: TANTRUM[/b] [quote= Surprise] It was finally the big day. Tantrum bounced around excitedly, eager for this moment. "It's time for the CHAMPIONS!" A screen lit up in his room, and he took no time in finding out who he was up against. Who it was surprised him... "[i]Tombstone?![/i]" Tantrum rolled in circles, remembering his first fight against this vicious Bot; How he was utterly defeated and the jerk took one of his fists home as a trophy...The nerve! "I'm gonna get him back!" Tantrum raised his fists and turned toward the screen, gazing at Tombstone with a glare so cold, you'd forget his fiery temper. "I'm gonna...WIIIIIIN!" Tantrum charged at the door, his eagerness completely taking over, and didn't even realize it suddenly opening before he dashed out. "I'm gonna w-AAAAH!" Tantrum was going so fast, he couldn't stop himself before suddenly slamming into a fellow competitor face first. The impact sent them both swerving to the side, before they recovered. "Wha...O-Oh...It's you." Tantrum watched as the circuit board patterned Bot shook themself off and gave a nervous chuckle. "Oops..." he muttered, "Sorry, Glitch." Glitch glanced around nervously, then replied, trying to keep calm. "I...It's fine. I...I guess we're all a little nervous now." They went up to a railing and peered down at the floor below, "After all...We're the last ones left. I...It's...Rather exciting..." Tantrum could tell that Glitch was uncertain how they made it this far. They had mobility issues the whole time, and yet, during their final match against Rotator, just a mere turn and direct hit ripped the gatekeeper into at least three separate parts. It seemed they were about to lose until that drastic change. "Yeah, I'm eager to take on my opponent already!" Tantrum raised his fists again with a determined look in his eyes, "I'm gonna show that meanie Tombstone who's the REAL champion!" At the sound of Tombstone's name, Glitch jumped and spun toward Tantrum. "You're going up...Against...HIM?!" Their voice was soft as they asked this, despite their shock, "The Grim Reaper himself?! So soon?!" Tantrum nodded and gave a quick jab with his weapon. "Yes! He beat me once, but I'll get him back!" This kid's lack of fear impressed Glitch. Then again, he went through a lot of brutal fights, and never slowed down. He seemed indestructible, unable to tire out. They wanted to be like him. They managed to make the top 10 during their first tournament, but just like their name, they had a ton of issues, and when it was time for them to go for the upcoming finals, they broke down to the point repairing wouldn't be done in time. Glitch was left a literally broken mess. All those fights, being undefeated...Wasted. They had it made, but of course, their name had to kick in, and it was all over. Now that they've made it to the finale, they had to redeem themselves... ...Even if it meant fighting another Bot who went through a lot of work to make it this far... ...Even... [i]...Witch Doctor.[/i] Tantrum noticed the sudden silence and knew that Glitch was deep in thought. He watched as Glitch gazed back down at the bottom floor, and noticed their nervous stare slowly being overcome by desire. "I'm going to do the same." Glitch suddenly spoke, and their voice was filled with determination. "I'm going to take her head on!" Tantrum noticed their stare being fixed on something below. He rolled up to the railing and noticed not only his opponent, but also the one Glitch was going to face. "You-You're up against...Witch Doctor?" he squeaked. Glitch didn't reply, then slowly turned and nodded. "Guess you were eager to see your first opponent too." They chuckled and faced away from the railing, "I admit, I just wanted to see who I was against, and didn't bother finding out about everyone else. But knowing that we are against some of the toughest Bots in history...I am ready to see the results. And to hold that Golden Bolt...That would be the perfect redemption." Someone's voice sounded from below, and the two knew what was just said: The battles were about to begin, and it was time to finish last minute preparations. "Your fight is last, no?" Glitch spoke, "I'll stick around to watch it...After I defeat [i]her.[/i]" Tantrum nodded with a huge grin, before the two parted ways, and he went back into his room, waiting to be called out to fight. He watched as the first two Bots were summoned into the Box and remembered what all he saw while awaiting his time to shine... He remembered Gigabyte being sent flying and losing his bracket, he remembered Ribbot suddenly becoming stronger, he could still see the shocked look on Rotator's face before he passed out from being split apart... And he remembered his friend, SubZero being utterly defeated, ripped to shreds by Tombstone's apprentice, Perfect Phoenix. Phoenix remained humble before and after the fight, even recalling former victories by SubZero... ...But those victories were won by luck. Phoenix wasn't even born during SubZero's greatest victory against a horizontal spinner. It was so far back, even Tantrum didn't know about it...Until SubZero showed him a recording of this fight. While the humility shown by Phoenix was a pleasure, Tombstone's cocky laughter at the victory speech was...Disgraceful. Tantrum's fists tightened as he remembered the reaction. Phoenix was being kind, congratulating his opponent on a good fight...But go figure, Tombstone saw that fight as "a waste of energy". He even mentioned to others while they were out of view that Phoenix "had no reason to be so kind to such an inferior Bot" and that "SubZero had it coming if he dared show himself in this tournament", laughing again as he mentioned SubZero also being unable to make it for the next tournament..."Due to fear", in his wrongful opinion. Tantrum knew the real reason why SubZero wouldn't be able to make it, and fear was not it. He simply couldn't prepare for both tournaments on time, and wanted to work out his issues before returning. The first fight is over, and Tantrum looks up to see the fighters congratulating each other on a great fight, before wishing luck in the future. He loved how most Bots were well behaved. He may be a child, but he learned by watching others and taking advice from veterans, and because of them, he grew stronger at a surprisingly fast pace, even becoming the last Giant Nut winner. Some fights were won with luck, but he didn't give up. He remained brave and diligent the whole time, and even won a fight in honor of his little brother, Blip. He was definitely worthy of being in this tournament. A sudden knock on the door, and Tantrum went to open it, revealing Glitch. They noticed his watching the previous fight and gave a silent nod. "I'm up next. I...I'm getting nervous." Tantrum grinned and thrust a fist into the air. "Go get her!" he exclaimed. Glitch chuckled and nodded again, then headed downstairs, leaving Tantrum alone in the doorway. Tantrum followed them to the stairs, then went to the railing and peered down to watch. The area filled with cheers as Glitch entered the Box. They appeared brave, but it was clear they were very intimidated by the brutal Witch Doctor. The cheering grew earth-shakimgly loud as Witch Doctor entered, making her dramatic appearance. She was definitely the favorite to win here, but Glitch [i]did[/i] knock another vicious Bot into the air, split into pieces... The fight began and Tantrum watched intently as the two gazed at each other. Witch Doctor ran circles, but Glitch kept their weapon aimed directly at her without missing a beat. "C'mon, Glitch!" Tantrum called. As if they heard him, Glitch took a few inches forward, and threw Witch Doctor into the air with their weapon. The crowd cheered at the impact, but Witch Doctor charged back and struck with a swift blow. Glitch could barely react, and their usual issues kicked in, but this time, they seemed passed out from the counterattack. Their weapon came to a stop and Witch Doctor backed off slightly in case they were still alive. "No!" Tantrum cried, knowing that not only did Glitch lose the fight, but they were in critical shape. While they didn't seem super damaged, that strike could have them paralyzed or immobile for a long time. Someone carried the unconscious Bot out of the arena and into another room, in which they would be repaired before they would be sent home. Tantrum raced downstairs, wanting to stay with them, but someone blocked his path... "Another useless fight." Tombstone stared into the Box, a mixture of amusement and displeasure reflecting in his stance. "It's obvious they won with luck this whole time. Who thought they'd stand a chance now?!" Tantrum knew he was talking about Glitch and gave him a hard shove. "They worked hard to get this far! All you did was win one trophy and keep your position from your last championship! Otherwise, YOU are the one winning by luck, if you win at ALL!" Tombstone was surprised at the response, but even moreso that it was said to his face. He smirked at Tantrum and replied. "Says the one who made it with luck." He circled Tantrum and spun his blade slowly as an attempt to intimidate him, "Admit it, most of your fights ended up with you nearly losing. Your precious, little face won't save you from those who showcase brute strength! You should know this...Because this happened with your brother!" Tantrum shook with anger at the mentioning of Blip's fight. Blip was against Hydra, and both were really strong flippers. Blip's first tournament went superbly, minus having to fight their best friend, Rusty, and he made it to the top brackets before facing the menacing - yet seemingly cowardly at times - Hydra. Hydra won by a landslide, but Blip didn't back down. Even after the fight, Blip already wanted to try out more tournaments. He wasn't sure about how things would work, including his weapon, but he really enjoyed it. Of course, Tantrum then had to fight Hydra, but it was definitely better than having to fight his brother. Plus, he won the entire championship. Yes, it was mostly by luck, but he had skills and sturdy armor as well. [i]And his cute face had nothing to do with it.[/i] Despite his brother just being mocked, Tantrum had a response like no other, and he was going to let this creep have it: "Having a face like yours won't save you, either. In fact, it's so ugly, anyone would want to tear you up! Or perhaps...[i]Set you on fire![/i]" Tombstone yelled out at this and began to speed up his blade, but noticing that he had to save his energy, took heavy breaths before growling darkly, "I'll see you next fight." Tantrum glanced toward the Box, noticing that the third fight was about to begin, and raced forward to see Glitch, but was once again stopped before he could reach the room. "You're next! You can't leave the area now." Tantrum glanced behind and at the door, noticing light sparks from underneath, and whimpered, "But...What about Glitch?" "They'll be fine. They just took a blow that disabled their drive." The Bot ushered Tantrum toward the Box, "But you can see them after your fight. Doctor Ultimo should be finished by then...Hopefully." Tantrum was surprised to know that once again, the repairs were being done by Ultimo Destructo. He was only seen in a few tournaments and lost all of them, not even making top 32. He was bitter and retired, but was still passionate about fighting and weaponry. Being declared a "Swiss Army Bot" by others, he took pride in knowing how to operate multiple kinds of weapons -- including projectiles. "Ah, excellent timing! You're up now!" Tantrum glanced at the Box, noticing that again, the previous fighters were wishing each other good luck in future endeavors. Despite these bitter losses, they knew they fought valiantly and did their hardest. [i]Why couldn't I get one of them?[/i] Tantrum already knew that either way, Tombstone was going to be a jerk. If he won, his blade grew ten times as large with pride. If he lost, he would complain about losing to an "inferior machine". Yet, when he gave a slight take on what would happen, Tombstone seemed...Humble. He had a friendly expression, his voice was relaxed, and he even mentioned Tamtrum's latest accomplishment... But once the interviewer left, his smug, cocky demeanor was back. "It was just for show." Tantrum entered the Box, trying to not be taken over by the loud cheers that echoed around the area. He gazed at Tombstone, of whom sneered back, before the fight began. In a split second, Tantrum charged at his foe, slamming his wedge into his blade. Tombstone was knocked back, unable to contain himself as his blade remained spinning and scraping the floor. Tombstone yelled angrily and repositioned himself, and struck Tantrum a few times before he was sent back again, this time nearer to the wall. Sparks could be seen as Tombstone tried to regain control of himself, and Tantrum backed away in case he did. The more he struggled, the angrier Tombstone became, and eventually, he not only lost a part of his blade, but he was smoking from overworking himself. "I won't...Lose to you!" Tantrum watched as his opponent began to lose energy, falling onto the ground with thick clouds of smoke flowing from his body. "I...CAN'T...LOSE..!" After these final words, Tombstone grew silent. His blade stopped spinning and his smug expression was replaced by despair and anguish before he was declared the loser. Tantrum couldn't believe what just happened. Did he...Just do what he think he did? Did he...Win against Tombstone?? The crowd broke into thunderous applause and Tantrum raised his fists in the air with a loud victory yell. "I DID IT!" He didn't celebrate long, however, as a sharp pain struck his face and he knew that he took massive damage. Someone came to escort him, and Tantrum entered the repair room...And saw Glitch sitting on a table, fully repaired. "Di...Did you win..?" Tantrum nodded with a huge grin, before being placed on the table nearby. "I not only won for myself, but for Blip as well! And of course, SubZero!" Glitch watched as Tantrum was being connected to the table to avoid any accidents, then smiled in reply. "Th...That's wonderful. Congratulations." They glanced down at the floor and sighed, "Guess End Game is next, huh?" Tantrum was so eager to take on Tombstone that he didn't even realize who his next opponent could've been. End Game fought Tombstone a while back, and the victory was so fast, if you looked away for even a second, you'd miss it. His other victories were nearly the same. If he didn't throw out his opponents, he destroyed them with his brutal weapon. Truly living up to his name. Tantrum shuddered at the thought of taking on this powerhouse. Tombstone was an old crank built on bitter rage and vengeance alone...End Game was new, and while humble, vicious in every fight. He didn't need to have anger to be strong, he was winning with sheer force alone, usually resulting in a one hit KO or even an automatic KO just by hitting with so much strength, opponents were sent flying out of the arena. He made flipper Bots look terrible at their job. And thankfully, there was glass to keep the audience safe, or someone would've definitely been struck by an unfortunate target. "Oh, I...I guess...I shouldn't have mentioned that..." Glitch's voice sounds again and Tantrum looks up at them, before finally replying. "N-No. I-It's fine." He tried to regain his calm as he spoke, "I...I was just so anxious to have a rematch against Tombstone that I...Didn't even think about who would be next." Before Glitch could reply, Ultimo rolled up to Tantrum and analyzed the damage done to his armor. "Ugh...Tombstone...Why..?" he muttered, staring at the dents left over with an irritated glare, "Always making things difficult..." After this was said, another Bot was brought into the room. The smell of smoke filled the air, and Tantrum knew who it was. "Speak of the devil..." Ultimo sighed as Tombstone was placed on the table opposite of Tantrum. He hooked him up, to which low moaning could be heard, and sighed before returning to Tantrum. "I have to admit...You impress me, kid." Ultimo spoke, "While you definitely took a load of damage, you lasted longer than expected, especially considering who and what you were against." Tantrum beamed proudly at this, then heard Tombstone speak up, his voice weak, yet still filled with rage. "It...It was...Pure...Dumb luck." He slowly regained consciousness and glared at Tantrum, "It...Won't...Happen again!" After this was said, more smoke came seething from within Tombstone and Ultimo spun his blade to fan it away from the patients. "We'll see." He sighed before continuing his work on Tantrum, "Don't forget how many fights you've lost and how quickly." Glitch glanced toward Ultimo, noticing how at first, he was irritated at Tombstone, but has switched to feeling confident that the veteran will only sink lower and lower, until he's literally dug his own grave and laid himself on top. "How many is that compared to YOURS?" Tombstone scoffed, not caring about the thickening clouds that filled the room the longer he spoke, "You lost faster than anyone I've seen! The only one I've seen do worse is that idiot Triple Crown, and their design was just as ridiculous as yours!" Ultimo stopped at this and turned toward Tombstone, his blade picking up more speed than usual. He went up to him and got his face so close, that his blade was nearly brushing against Tombstone's armor. "At least I lost with dignity." His voice was soft, yet threatening as he said this, and Tantrum could've sworn Tombstone shuddered nervously, "You won your championship, but look what's become of you. You've grown arrogant, angry, and declare victory before the fight even begins. Now, everyone knows how to defeat you, and if they have that shot, they're going to [i]take it.[/i]" Tombstone began to reply, but passed out on the table with another groan. The smoke began to grow thinner as he finally silenced again, and Ultimo stared him down before finally returning to Tantrum the second time. "You're almost set, but first...To replace this with your other wedge." Tantrum closed his eyes as the wedge used against Tombstone was removed and a new one took its place. He felt the pain leaving his face and grinned. "You're amazing!" He exclaimed, "Thanks for your help!" Ultimo disconnected him from the table and gave a tiny smile. "Your fight should be up next. Good luck, End Game is a fierce opponent." Tantrum was let down from the table, followed by Glitch, of whom trailed behind. "Mind if I watch?" they asked. Tantrum grinned and motioned for them to come along. "I'll need extra support more than ever! I'd love for you to watch!" Glitch smiled and rolled toward an empty spot in the audience, then took their seat as Tantrum once again entered the Box, along with the Bot he must face next... "End Game." The brightly colored Bot grinned at Tantrum and spoke. "Congrats on defeating Tombstone. That in itself is a huge accomplishment." His gaze was calm and cool at first, but was instantly replaced with fierceness as he added, "Now let's see if you can defeat me! I won't go easy on you!" The fight began, and while Tantrum did his hardest to deal any damage, End Game was too much for him. He did what he could to remain alive, but the more they fought, the harder it grew, and End Game was declared the winner by unanimous decision. But, it didn't matter. Tantrum had fun, and that's what mattered. While he would've loved to hold that Golden Bolt, he was proud of his progress. And he [i]did[/i] defeat Tombstone... ...And that alone was a goal worth accomplishing. [i]End Game will be a future step...And he better be ready, for this little Champion was going to train up for the biggest brawl yet![/i] [/quote]
BATTLEBOTS AU: TANTRUM
Surprise wrote:

It was finally the big day.

Tantrum bounced around excitedly, eager for this moment.

"It's time for the CHAMPIONS!"

A screen lit up in his room, and he took no time in finding out who he was up against.

Who it was surprised him...

"Tombstone?!"

Tantrum rolled in circles, remembering his first fight against this vicious Bot; How he was utterly defeated and the jerk took one of his fists home as a trophy...The nerve!

"I'm gonna get him back!"

Tantrum raised his fists and turned toward the screen, gazing at Tombstone with a glare so cold, you'd forget his fiery temper.

"I'm gonna...WIIIIIIN!"

Tantrum charged at the door, his eagerness completely taking over, and didn't even realize it suddenly opening before he dashed out.

"I'm gonna w-AAAAH!"

Tantrum was going so fast, he couldn't stop himself before suddenly slamming into a fellow competitor face first. The impact sent them both swerving to the side, before they recovered.

"Wha...O-Oh...It's you."

Tantrum watched as the circuit board patterned Bot shook themself off and gave a nervous chuckle.

"Oops..." he muttered, "Sorry, Glitch."

Glitch glanced around nervously, then replied, trying to keep calm.

"I...It's fine. I...I guess we're all a little nervous now." They went up to a railing and peered down at the floor below, "After all...We're the last ones left. I...It's...Rather exciting..."

Tantrum could tell that Glitch was uncertain how they made it this far. They had mobility issues the whole time, and yet, during their final match against Rotator, just a mere turn and direct hit ripped the gatekeeper into at least three separate parts. It seemed they were about to lose until that drastic change.

"Yeah, I'm eager to take on my opponent already!" Tantrum raised his fists again with a determined look in his eyes, "I'm gonna show that meanie Tombstone who's the REAL champion!"

At the sound of Tombstone's name, Glitch jumped and spun toward Tantrum.

"You're going up...Against...HIM?!" Their voice was soft as they asked this, despite their shock, "The Grim Reaper himself?! So soon?!"

Tantrum nodded and gave a quick jab with his weapon.

"Yes! He beat me once, but I'll get him back!"

This kid's lack of fear impressed Glitch. Then again, he went through a lot of brutal fights, and never slowed down. He seemed indestructible, unable to tire out.

They wanted to be like him.

They managed to make the top 10 during their first tournament, but just like their name, they had a ton of issues, and when it was time for them to go for the upcoming finals, they broke down to the point repairing wouldn't be done in time.

Glitch was left a literally broken mess. All those fights, being undefeated...Wasted.

They had it made, but of course, their name had to kick in, and it was all over.

Now that they've made it to the finale, they had to redeem themselves...

...Even if it meant fighting another Bot who went through a lot of work to make it this far...

...Even...

...Witch Doctor.

Tantrum noticed the sudden silence and knew that Glitch was deep in thought.

He watched as Glitch gazed back down at the bottom floor, and noticed their nervous stare slowly being overcome by desire.

"I'm going to do the same."

Glitch suddenly spoke, and their voice was filled with determination.

"I'm going to take her head on!"

Tantrum noticed their stare being fixed on something below. He rolled up to the railing and noticed not only his opponent, but also the one Glitch was going to face.

"You-You're up against...Witch Doctor?" he squeaked.

Glitch didn't reply, then slowly turned and nodded.

"Guess you were eager to see your first opponent too." They chuckled and faced away from the railing, "I admit, I just wanted to see who I was against, and didn't bother finding out about everyone else. But knowing that we are against some of the toughest Bots in history...I am ready to see the results. And to hold that Golden Bolt...That would be the perfect redemption."

Someone's voice sounded from below, and the two knew what was just said: The battles were about to begin, and it was time to finish last minute preparations.

"Your fight is last, no?" Glitch spoke, "I'll stick around to watch it...After I defeat her."

Tantrum nodded with a huge grin, before the two parted ways, and he went back into his room, waiting to be called out to fight. He watched as the first two Bots were summoned into the Box and remembered what all he saw while awaiting his time to shine...

He remembered Gigabyte being sent flying and losing his bracket, he remembered Ribbot suddenly becoming stronger, he could still see the shocked look on Rotator's face before he passed out from being split apart...

And he remembered his friend, SubZero being utterly defeated, ripped to shreds by Tombstone's apprentice, Perfect Phoenix.

Phoenix remained humble before and after the fight, even recalling former victories by SubZero...

...But those victories were won by luck.

Phoenix wasn't even born during SubZero's greatest victory against a horizontal spinner. It was so far back, even Tantrum didn't know about it...Until SubZero showed him a recording of this fight.

While the humility shown by Phoenix was a pleasure, Tombstone's cocky laughter at the victory speech was...Disgraceful.

Tantrum's fists tightened as he remembered the reaction. Phoenix was being kind, congratulating his opponent on a good fight...But go figure, Tombstone saw that fight as "a waste of energy".

He even mentioned to others while they were out of view that Phoenix "had no reason to be so kind to such an inferior Bot" and that "SubZero had it coming if he dared show himself in this tournament", laughing again as he mentioned SubZero also being unable to make it for the next tournament..."Due to fear", in his wrongful opinion.

Tantrum knew the real reason why SubZero wouldn't be able to make it, and fear was not it. He simply couldn't prepare for both tournaments on time, and wanted to work out his issues before returning.

The first fight is over, and Tantrum looks up to see the fighters congratulating each other on a great fight, before wishing luck in the future.

He loved how most Bots were well behaved. He may be a child, but he learned by watching others and taking advice from veterans, and because of them, he grew stronger at a surprisingly fast pace, even becoming the last Giant Nut winner.

Some fights were won with luck, but he didn't give up. He remained brave and diligent the whole time, and even won a fight in honor of his little brother, Blip.

He was definitely worthy of being in this tournament.

A sudden knock on the door, and Tantrum went to open it, revealing Glitch. They noticed his watching the previous fight and gave a silent nod.

"I'm up next. I...I'm getting nervous."

Tantrum grinned and thrust a fist into the air.

"Go get her!" he exclaimed.

Glitch chuckled and nodded again, then headed downstairs, leaving Tantrum alone in the doorway.

Tantrum followed them to the stairs, then went to the railing and peered down to watch.

The area filled with cheers as Glitch entered the Box. They appeared brave, but it was clear they were very intimidated by the brutal Witch Doctor.

The cheering grew earth-shakimgly loud as Witch Doctor entered, making her dramatic appearance. She was definitely the favorite to win here, but Glitch did knock another vicious Bot into the air, split into pieces...

The fight began and Tantrum watched intently as the two gazed at each other. Witch Doctor ran circles, but Glitch kept their weapon aimed directly at her without missing a beat.

"C'mon, Glitch!" Tantrum called.

As if they heard him, Glitch took a few inches forward, and threw Witch Doctor into the air with their weapon. The crowd cheered at the impact, but Witch Doctor charged back and struck with a swift blow.

Glitch could barely react, and their usual issues kicked in, but this time, they seemed passed out from the counterattack. Their weapon came to a stop and Witch Doctor backed off slightly in case they were still alive.

"No!" Tantrum cried, knowing that not only did Glitch lose the fight, but they were in critical shape. While they didn't seem super damaged, that strike could have them paralyzed or immobile for a long time.

Someone carried the unconscious Bot out of the arena and into another room, in which they would be repaired before they would be sent home. Tantrum raced downstairs, wanting to stay with them, but someone blocked his path...

"Another useless fight."

Tombstone stared into the Box, a mixture of amusement and displeasure reflecting in his stance.

"It's obvious they won with luck this whole time. Who thought they'd stand a chance now?!"

Tantrum knew he was talking about Glitch and gave him a hard shove.

"They worked hard to get this far! All you did was win one trophy and keep your position from your last championship! Otherwise, YOU are the one winning by luck, if you win at ALL!"

Tombstone was surprised at the response, but even moreso that it was said to his face. He smirked at Tantrum and replied.

"Says the one who made it with luck." He circled Tantrum and spun his blade slowly as an attempt to intimidate him, "Admit it, most of your fights ended up with you nearly losing. Your precious, little face won't save you from those who showcase brute strength! You should know this...Because this happened with your brother!"

Tantrum shook with anger at the mentioning of Blip's fight. Blip was against Hydra, and both were really strong flippers. Blip's first tournament went superbly, minus having to fight their best friend, Rusty, and he made it to the top brackets before facing the menacing - yet seemingly cowardly at times - Hydra.

Hydra won by a landslide, but Blip didn't back down. Even after the fight, Blip already wanted to try out more tournaments. He wasn't sure about how things would work, including his weapon, but he really enjoyed it.

Of course, Tantrum then had to fight Hydra, but it was definitely better than having to fight his brother. Plus, he won the entire championship. Yes, it was mostly by luck, but he had skills and sturdy armor as well.

And his cute face had nothing to do with it.

Despite his brother just being mocked, Tantrum had a response like no other, and he was going to let this creep have it:

"Having a face like yours won't save you, either. In fact, it's so ugly, anyone would want to tear you up! Or perhaps...Set you on fire!"

Tombstone yelled out at this and began to speed up his blade, but noticing that he had to save his energy, took heavy breaths before growling darkly, "I'll see you next fight."

Tantrum glanced toward the Box, noticing that the third fight was about to begin, and raced forward to see Glitch, but was once again stopped before he could reach the room.

"You're next! You can't leave the area now."

Tantrum glanced behind and at the door, noticing light sparks from underneath, and whimpered, "But...What about Glitch?"

"They'll be fine. They just took a blow that disabled their drive." The Bot ushered Tantrum toward the Box, "But you can see them after your fight. Doctor Ultimo should be finished by then...Hopefully."

Tantrum was surprised to know that once again, the repairs were being done by Ultimo Destructo. He was only seen in a few tournaments and lost all of them, not even making top 32. He was bitter and retired, but was still passionate about fighting and weaponry. Being declared a "Swiss Army Bot" by others, he took pride in knowing how to operate multiple kinds of weapons -- including projectiles.

"Ah, excellent timing! You're up now!"

Tantrum glanced at the Box, noticing that again, the previous fighters were wishing each other good luck in future endeavors. Despite these bitter losses, they knew they fought valiantly and did their hardest.

Why couldn't I get one of them?

Tantrum already knew that either way, Tombstone was going to be a jerk. If he won, his blade grew ten times as large with pride. If he lost, he would complain about losing to an "inferior machine".

Yet, when he gave a slight take on what would happen, Tombstone seemed...Humble.

He had a friendly expression, his voice was relaxed, and he even mentioned Tamtrum's latest accomplishment...

But once the interviewer left, his smug, cocky demeanor was back.

"It was just for show."

Tantrum entered the Box, trying to not be taken over by the loud cheers that echoed around the area. He gazed at Tombstone, of whom sneered back, before the fight began.

In a split second, Tantrum charged at his foe, slamming his wedge into his blade. Tombstone was knocked back, unable to contain himself as his blade remained spinning and scraping the floor.

Tombstone yelled angrily and repositioned himself, and struck Tantrum a few times before he was sent back again, this time nearer to the wall.

Sparks could be seen as Tombstone tried to regain control of himself, and Tantrum backed away in case he did. The more he struggled, the angrier Tombstone became, and eventually, he not only lost a part of his blade, but he was smoking from overworking himself.

"I won't...Lose to you!"

Tantrum watched as his opponent began to lose energy, falling onto the ground with thick clouds of smoke flowing from his body.

"I...CAN'T...LOSE..!"

After these final words, Tombstone grew silent. His blade stopped spinning and his smug expression was replaced by despair and anguish before he was declared the loser.

Tantrum couldn't believe what just happened. Did he...Just do what he think he did?

Did he...Win against Tombstone??

The crowd broke into thunderous applause and Tantrum raised his fists in the air with a loud victory yell.

"I DID IT!"

He didn't celebrate long, however, as a sharp pain struck his face and he knew that he took massive damage.

Someone came to escort him, and Tantrum entered the repair room...And saw Glitch sitting on a table, fully repaired.

"Di...Did you win..?"

Tantrum nodded with a huge grin, before being placed on the table nearby.

"I not only won for myself, but for Blip as well! And of course, SubZero!"

Glitch watched as Tantrum was being connected to the table to avoid any accidents, then smiled in reply.

"Th...That's wonderful. Congratulations." They glanced down at the floor and sighed, "Guess End Game is next, huh?"

Tantrum was so eager to take on Tombstone that he didn't even realize who his next opponent could've been.

End Game fought Tombstone a while back, and the victory was so fast, if you looked away for even a second, you'd miss it.

His other victories were nearly the same. If he didn't throw out his opponents, he destroyed them with his brutal weapon.

Truly living up to his name.

Tantrum shuddered at the thought of taking on this powerhouse. Tombstone was an old crank built on bitter rage and vengeance alone...End Game was new, and while humble, vicious in every fight. He didn't need to have anger to be strong, he was winning with sheer force alone, usually resulting in a one hit KO or even an automatic KO just by hitting with so much strength, opponents were sent flying out of the arena.

He made flipper Bots look terrible at their job. And thankfully, there was glass to keep the audience safe, or someone would've definitely been struck by an unfortunate target.

"Oh, I...I guess...I shouldn't have mentioned that..."

Glitch's voice sounds again and Tantrum looks up at them, before finally replying.

"N-No. I-It's fine." He tried to regain his calm as he spoke, "I...I was just so anxious to have a rematch against Tombstone that I...Didn't even think about who would be next."

Before Glitch could reply, Ultimo rolled up to Tantrum and analyzed the damage done to his armor.

"Ugh...Tombstone...Why..?" he muttered, staring at the dents left over with an irritated glare, "Always making things difficult..."

After this was said, another Bot was brought into the room. The smell of smoke filled the air, and Tantrum knew who it was.

"Speak of the devil..."

Ultimo sighed as Tombstone was placed on the table opposite of Tantrum. He hooked him up, to which low moaning could be heard, and sighed before returning to Tantrum.

"I have to admit...You impress me, kid." Ultimo spoke, "While you definitely took a load of damage, you lasted longer than expected, especially considering who and what you were against."

Tantrum beamed proudly at this, then heard Tombstone speak up, his voice weak, yet still filled with rage.

"It...It was...Pure...Dumb luck." He slowly regained consciousness and glared at Tantrum, "It...Won't...Happen again!"

After this was said, more smoke came seething from within Tombstone and Ultimo spun his blade to fan it away from the patients.

"We'll see." He sighed before continuing his work on Tantrum, "Don't forget how many fights you've lost and how quickly."

Glitch glanced toward Ultimo, noticing how at first, he was irritated at Tombstone, but has switched to feeling confident that the veteran will only sink lower and lower, until he's literally dug his own grave and laid himself on top.

"How many is that compared to YOURS?" Tombstone scoffed, not caring about the thickening clouds that filled the room the longer he spoke, "You lost faster than anyone I've seen! The only one I've seen do worse is that idiot Triple Crown, and their design was just as ridiculous as yours!"

Ultimo stopped at this and turned toward Tombstone, his blade picking up more speed than usual. He went up to him and got his face so close, that his blade was nearly brushing against Tombstone's armor.

"At least I lost with dignity." His voice was soft, yet threatening as he said this, and Tantrum could've sworn Tombstone shuddered nervously, "You won your championship, but look what's become of you. You've grown arrogant, angry, and declare victory before the fight even begins. Now, everyone knows how to defeat you, and if they have that shot, they're going to take it."

Tombstone began to reply, but passed out on the table with another groan. The smoke began to grow thinner as he finally silenced again, and Ultimo stared him down before finally returning to Tantrum the second time.

"You're almost set, but first...To replace this with your other wedge."

Tantrum closed his eyes as the wedge used against Tombstone was removed and a new one took its place. He felt the pain leaving his face and grinned.

"You're amazing!" He exclaimed, "Thanks for your help!"

Ultimo disconnected him from the table and gave a tiny smile.

"Your fight should be up next. Good luck, End Game is a fierce opponent."

Tantrum was let down from the table, followed by Glitch, of whom trailed behind.

"Mind if I watch?" they asked.

Tantrum grinned and motioned for them to come along.

"I'll need extra support more than ever! I'd love for you to watch!"

Glitch smiled and rolled toward an empty spot in the audience, then took their seat as Tantrum once again entered the Box, along with the Bot he must face next...

"End Game."

The brightly colored Bot grinned at Tantrum and spoke.

"Congrats on defeating Tombstone. That in itself is a huge accomplishment." His gaze was calm and cool at first, but was instantly replaced with fierceness as he added, "Now let's see if you can defeat me! I won't go easy on you!"

The fight began, and while Tantrum did his hardest to deal any damage, End Game was too much for him. He did what he could to remain alive, but the more they fought, the harder it grew, and End Game was declared the winner by unanimous decision.

But, it didn't matter. Tantrum had fun, and that's what mattered.

While he would've loved to hold that Golden Bolt, he was proud of his progress.

And he did defeat Tombstone...

...And that alone was a goal worth accomplishing.

End Game will be a future step...And he better be ready, for this little Champion was going to train up for the biggest brawl yet!
BATTLEBOTS AU: Ultimo Destructo

Res
BATTLEBOTS AU: Ultimo Destructo

Res
BATTLEBOTS AU: SAWBLAZE

Res
BATTLEBOTS AU: SAWBLAZE

Res
BATTLEBOTS AU: BEELZEBOT

Res
BATTLEBOTS AU: BEELZEBOT

Res
LORD XERO | Stories

Res
LORD XERO | Stories

Res
LORD XERO | Stories

Res
LORD XERO | Stories

Res
[b]LORD XERO | Snippets/Poems[/b] [quote="Revenge"] Destruction. Fear. Revenge. The kingdom crumbles before me. Citizens cower beside my boots. They'll all pay. Bodies laid around, their remains scattered. The scent of their blood fills the air. How satisfying. Loud screaming, followed by the crunching of metal under my boots. They won't stop me. Revenge will be mine. A large castle looms, its defenses weak. Guards stand all around, ready to fight. A swing of my claws, and they're torn to bits. They weren't going to stand in my way. Not now. I stand before the castle, ready to crush it all. A mighty kick from my boot, and the towers crumble. I'm going to do it, I'm going to kill the one I hated so much. I'm going to make him pay. He sits in his throne, his hands folded together. His gaze is sharp and fierce, and he's ready to fight. "It's only a matter of time until I end your rule. I'll kill you and destroy everything you love. Prepare to die...King of Light." [/quote] [quote= Come Get Me] Claw marks streak across the walls. Blood is stained on the streets. His kingdom is falling, yet he does not come. His followers are dying, yet he does not see. He knows I could crush them all. He knows I could wipe them out. His arrogance will be the death of him. His ignorance will be what brings him down. I do what I must to lure him out. I destroy, I kill, I make some noise. The chaos is ensuing, I am on top. The fire is blazing, I make it burn. I sense him finally wanting to fight. I can see him getting out of his throne. I stand on a building, my arms open wide. I let out a yell, my voice echoing through the air. "You think you will save your precious world?! You think you can stop my ongoing wrath?! I'm waiting for you, I'll make you scream! Your fate and mine will be decided in this fight! You want it to end? Then here's my challenge: [i]Come get me!!"[/i] [/quote] [quote= Entrance] A giant lab, with working machines. They are trying to hide some bad news from their lord. "Don't tell him. He won't like it." "We must. We tried our best. It'll be okay." One heads out, and the others sigh. They're done for. The ones they captured were meant to be interrogated, but had no success. And their lord entrusted them to have the needed information before his next return. He was not going to be happy, as he never was when they couldn't do a single job... "What can we do?" "We must do something!" "He'll be here any minu--" A loud slam, and they feel the presense of their lord. The ground quakes underneath his heavy boots as he enters the lab, not saying a word. The machine who left was gripped tightly between his fingers and could barely choke out these simple words: [i]"He didn't like it!"[/i] The machine was tossed aside and the others begin to panic, trying to calm their lord down. All they could do was try to flatter him or otherwise distract him from their failure. "L-Lord Xero..! We-We didn't expect you to--" A powerful swing, and the pleading worker was shoved aside. Their lord stood before the capsule, silently glaring at it, and extended one hand's claws. He then scrapes his claws against the capsule, sending out the most horrible screech and shattering the glass. Unfazed by the thick liquid that flowed out, he grabbed the captives and ripped them free from their containment. There was silence, before he gave them a snort and raised his loose hand, igniting a claw with dark energy. A touch of his claw, and the energy surged through the captives. The pain was unberable and all they could do was scream as the Dark Lord laughed. "Now...Tell me what I want to know." he growled, withdrawing his claw slightly. Despite the pain, the captives remained brave and replied. "We'll never talk! Do your worst!" A light chuckle, and he replied with a smirk. [i]"My plans exactly."[/i] Another jolt, and more screams filled the air... ...But no one knows if he ever got that desired information. [/quote]
LORD XERO | Snippets/Poems
Revenge wrote:
Destruction. Fear. Revenge.

The kingdom crumbles before me. Citizens cower beside my boots.

They'll all pay.

Bodies laid around, their remains scattered. The scent of their blood fills the air.

How satisfying.

Loud screaming, followed by the crunching of metal under my boots. They won't stop me.

Revenge will be mine.

A large castle looms, its defenses weak. Guards stand all around, ready to fight.

A swing of my claws, and they're torn to bits. They weren't going to stand in my way.

Not now.

I stand before the castle, ready to crush it all.

A mighty kick from my boot, and the towers crumble.

I'm going to do it, I'm going to kill the one I hated so much.

I'm going to make him pay.

He sits in his throne, his hands folded together.

His gaze is sharp and fierce, and he's ready to fight.

"It's only a matter of time until I end your rule.

I'll kill you and destroy everything you love.

Prepare to die...King of Light."
Come Get Me wrote:

Claw marks streak across the walls.

Blood is stained on the streets.

His kingdom is falling, yet he does not come.

His followers are dying, yet he does not see.

He knows I could crush them all.

He knows I could wipe them out.

His arrogance will be the death of him.

His ignorance will be what brings him down.

I do what I must to lure him out.

I destroy, I kill, I make some noise.

The chaos is ensuing, I am on top.

The fire is blazing, I make it burn.

I sense him finally wanting to fight.

I can see him getting out of his throne.

I stand on a building, my arms open wide.

I let out a yell, my voice echoing through the air.

"You think you will save your precious world?!

You think you can stop my ongoing wrath?!

I'm waiting for you, I'll make you scream!

Your fate and mine will be decided in this fight!

You want it to end? Then here's my challenge:

Come get me!!"

Entrance wrote:

A giant lab, with working machines. They are trying to hide some bad news from their lord.

"Don't tell him. He won't like it."

"We must. We tried our best. It'll be okay."

One heads out, and the others sigh. They're done for.

The ones they captured were meant to be interrogated, but had no success.

And their lord entrusted them to have the needed information before his next return. He was not going to be happy, as he never was when they couldn't do a single job...

"What can we do?"

"We must do something!"

"He'll be here any minu--"

A loud slam, and they feel the presense of their lord. The ground quakes underneath his heavy boots as he enters the lab, not saying a word.

The machine who left was gripped tightly between his fingers and could barely choke out these simple words:

"He didn't like it!"

The machine was tossed aside and the others begin to panic, trying to calm their lord down. All they could do was try to flatter him or otherwise distract him from their failure.

"L-Lord Xero..! We-We didn't expect you to--"

A powerful swing, and the pleading worker was shoved aside.

Their lord stood before the capsule, silently glaring at it, and extended one hand's claws. He then scrapes his claws against the capsule, sending out the most horrible screech and shattering the glass.

Unfazed by the thick liquid that flowed out, he grabbed the captives and ripped them free from their containment. There was silence, before he gave them a snort and raised his loose hand, igniting a claw with dark energy.

A touch of his claw, and the energy surged through the captives. The pain was unberable and all they could do was scream as the Dark Lord laughed.

"Now...Tell me what I want to know." he growled, withdrawing his claw slightly.

Despite the pain, the captives remained brave and replied.

"We'll never talk! Do your worst!"

A light chuckle, and he replied with a smirk.

"My plans exactly."

Another jolt, and more screams filled the air...

...But no one knows if he ever got that desired information.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9