Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | A Kingdom of Roses [Cat Dicelocke ]
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
I'd like to claim Era if possible with my points!
and if needed for the claim you're free to characterize her as desired for any long-term plans <:3
I'd like to claim Era if possible with my points!
and if needed for the claim you're free to characterize her as desired for any long-term plans <:3
this2.png
Moon 108

I am mostly running this game as story driven with dice determining things that happen in the realm of the kitty world, I will add characters as it makes sense and remove them if they die. Thank you :)

Drama Roll:
7. Ambushed! Another crew has cornered your soldiers and has attacked! Flip a coin. If heads, most of them manage to escape; exalt one random cat. If tails, two random cats fall during the escape and must be exalted.
Decree: Roll a d8. If you roll higher than X, cats die - flip the ambush coin like normal. If you roll at or lower to X, the Ambush coin doesn't get flipped and everyone is saved. X is equivalent to your Colony's number of Plant Storkies

Just enough that everyone is saved.

I'm using an oracle as well to help me determine where to next go with this, so. Without further ado.

-- Lore Wip

Moon 108

I am mostly running this game as story driven with dice determining things that happen in the realm of the kitty world, I will add characters as it makes sense and remove them if they die. Thank you :)

Drama Roll:
7. Ambushed! Another crew has cornered your soldiers and has attacked! Flip a coin. If heads, most of them manage to escape; exalt one random cat. If tails, two random cats fall during the escape and must be exalted.
Decree: Roll a d8. If you roll higher than X, cats die - flip the ambush coin like normal. If you roll at or lower to X, the Ambush coin doesn't get flipped and everyone is saved. X is equivalent to your Colony's number of Plant Storkies

Just enough that everyone is saved.

I'm using an oracle as well to help me determine where to next go with this, so. Without further ado.

-- Lore Wip

Gonna go ahead and say that KoR is definitely closing, but this won't be the only Dicelocke I do!
Gonna go ahead and say that KoR is definitely closing, but this won't be the only Dicelocke I do!
Moon 108
Keeping the rolls from before, just actually writing the lore.
Other notes include; this is being treated for what it is; a story-heavy game with a side of resource management and colony simulation. I'll be updating the rules slightly for myself;

Hunting & Upkeep;
I'll be taking the difficulty mechanics from my Storkie Dicelocke thread and implementing them.
I'll be snagging the Hunger Mechanic, as well as turn spoilage on.
I'll be removing the existing Hunger Mechanic in KOR to replace it with the more sophisticated version.

UNLIKE the Dicelock system I made, I will not be using the 'point' system. I am entirely on my own. There is no god here. There is only added difficulty, pain, and suffering.

You can see how the new hunger mechanic works on front page.

Claim Points;
Will resume, active readers need to post again to show they're still interested in the storyline. Those who don't, will have their balances wiped in 10 turns.

The raid did not come from King Crimson, but once again, the wicked plants that claimed this land. Apparently, they, too, were once again angry with the presence of Crystalheart blood on the soil.

Regardless, bitterly, the cats persevered.

The Kingdom was quiet, a melancholy settling upon them. Teo was quiet, retiring to his chambers to sit, think, and journal. He had scarcely warmed up to his father before he was gone, and his erratic behavior was still something weighing on his mind. Teo had questions, and his father wasn't around to answer them.

Unfortunately, Jeremy wasn't much help either. Prince Poisonheart was scarcely inside him for long, and the cat did not think often about things that would help Jeremy's adopted son. For now, Jeremy ran the kingdom as best he could. With a gentle paw, keeping the interests of others at heart. The castle was cleaned, and Joy could finally return to his side now that he wasn't possessed. She was a bit more frail, now, given her current state...but now, she could heal. Jeremy put many hours and nights into caring for her.

At the very least, the young Prince had his queen by his side, now, as once he returned to the Kingdom, he was once again able to commune with Ether. She was, perhaps, the only comfort brought to him in these turbulent times.
Moon 108
Keeping the rolls from before, just actually writing the lore.
Other notes include; this is being treated for what it is; a story-heavy game with a side of resource management and colony simulation. I'll be updating the rules slightly for myself;

Hunting & Upkeep;
I'll be taking the difficulty mechanics from my Storkie Dicelocke thread and implementing them.
I'll be snagging the Hunger Mechanic, as well as turn spoilage on.
I'll be removing the existing Hunger Mechanic in KOR to replace it with the more sophisticated version.

UNLIKE the Dicelock system I made, I will not be using the 'point' system. I am entirely on my own. There is no god here. There is only added difficulty, pain, and suffering.

You can see how the new hunger mechanic works on front page.

Claim Points;
Will resume, active readers need to post again to show they're still interested in the storyline. Those who don't, will have their balances wiped in 10 turns.

The raid did not come from King Crimson, but once again, the wicked plants that claimed this land. Apparently, they, too, were once again angry with the presence of Crystalheart blood on the soil.

Regardless, bitterly, the cats persevered.

The Kingdom was quiet, a melancholy settling upon them. Teo was quiet, retiring to his chambers to sit, think, and journal. He had scarcely warmed up to his father before he was gone, and his erratic behavior was still something weighing on his mind. Teo had questions, and his father wasn't around to answer them.

Unfortunately, Jeremy wasn't much help either. Prince Poisonheart was scarcely inside him for long, and the cat did not think often about things that would help Jeremy's adopted son. For now, Jeremy ran the kingdom as best he could. With a gentle paw, keeping the interests of others at heart. The castle was cleaned, and Joy could finally return to his side now that he wasn't possessed. She was a bit more frail, now, given her current state...but now, she could heal. Jeremy put many hours and nights into caring for her.

At the very least, the young Prince had his queen by his side, now, as once he returned to the Kingdom, he was once again able to commune with Ether. She was, perhaps, the only comfort brought to him in these turbulent times.
still very much interested <3
still very much interested <3
50762015_LIkNYiRzPrKgbZX.png
Winter
She/They/Snow
still interested!
still interested!
strawberry she/he57297412_RjedKJax8G1Fymz.png
definitely still interested !!!
definitely still interested !!!
Moon 109
Hunger Phase
They get literally one mercy turn and then the pain starts.
- 0 Consumed
- 0 Spoiled

+5 Food (Free)
3 Food Rolls:
8, 5, 1
Total: 14 + 5 = 19 Food

Recruitment

Used a Love charge.
Your cat's base coat is Gold Champagne with Snowflake and Sabino. It's magic is Earth. Their extra traits are Accessories and Claw Edits.

Siward

Drama Rolls
9. Do something on your admin work tasklist for Storkies.

Aw heck LOL.
Approved a MYO :)

Writing

Zeus was still processing the unique trauma of just becoming a father, and seeing his own son die in front of him; all in the span of several days, maximum. For once, Amaranth didn't have any snappy quips; instead, both she and Vienna remained close by, talking amongst each other. Vienna had more to say than Amaranth had to sign, but Zeus was most certainly going through it.

He had two other sons, at the very least. Two children that grew up in the blink of his eye; one moment they were little kits, and now they were almost old enough to hunt for themselves. They were blissfully unaware of the reality....at least, he assumed so. Since Ouranos left when they were just barely born, it would make sense they did not connect it to the cat they didn't have their eyes open to witness dying.

But Zeus replays the scene in his head, over and over. It makes him miserable.

In the midst of his musing, a different scene plays out, as the stirrings of his terrible Time magic summons the wrong vision.

It is an image of....something. Someone, really. A cat. Dark-coated, with brilliant green eyes. Life...? No. No white pupil, that is a plant wielding feline.

He looks out over this field, heaving a large huff of pride. On his head, a glittering crown of flowers and thorns. Next to him, a cinnamon cat, a splash of white on their swirling tabby coat with tan eyes looks out over the field with him. They are with their head lowered and a collar of thorns digging into their chest, by doing so.
"Write this down, Alward." The cat has a deep, rumbling voice. "This place...will make for an excellent new garden. Of course, that fool Crystalheart won't appreciate it...but. Who cares? Expansion is expansion...and what hope does a pebble-throwing fool hold against the might of Briarthorn?"
"Of course, your majesty....writing it down right now." The cat next to him chitters, pulling out a piece of parchment. They murmur a few words, and a mouse with a quill scribbles it down for them with their far more dextrous hands.
"Good....good." The king glances over at their scribe, and the mouse disappears into the neck fur of the cat; unfortunately, not before the king notices.
"I thought I told you to get rid of that.... piece of prey." He scoffs.
"My apologies sire. I do not possess the telekinesis of Arcane....I have to utilize them to do as you ask." This cat quivers with nerves. The king narrows his eyes at the tom.
"With my Kingdom's vast swaths of books you can't figure out how to hold a mere quill? What on earth do I pay you for?"
This cat has a look of, 'You don't pay me at all' written on their features, but they dip their head.
"Apologies, sire." They murmur. "I will work harder when we return to the castle."
"Good. See to it you do. If you need a mouse to do your work for you, then you are as useful as a mouse to me."

The rest of the threat goes unsaid, but the message is heard loud and clear.
Moon 109
Hunger Phase
They get literally one mercy turn and then the pain starts.
- 0 Consumed
- 0 Spoiled

+5 Food (Free)
3 Food Rolls:
8, 5, 1
Total: 14 + 5 = 19 Food

Recruitment

Used a Love charge.
Your cat's base coat is Gold Champagne with Snowflake and Sabino. It's magic is Earth. Their extra traits are Accessories and Claw Edits.

Siward

Drama Rolls
9. Do something on your admin work tasklist for Storkies.

Aw heck LOL.
Approved a MYO :)

Writing

Zeus was still processing the unique trauma of just becoming a father, and seeing his own son die in front of him; all in the span of several days, maximum. For once, Amaranth didn't have any snappy quips; instead, both she and Vienna remained close by, talking amongst each other. Vienna had more to say than Amaranth had to sign, but Zeus was most certainly going through it.

He had two other sons, at the very least. Two children that grew up in the blink of his eye; one moment they were little kits, and now they were almost old enough to hunt for themselves. They were blissfully unaware of the reality....at least, he assumed so. Since Ouranos left when they were just barely born, it would make sense they did not connect it to the cat they didn't have their eyes open to witness dying.

But Zeus replays the scene in his head, over and over. It makes him miserable.

In the midst of his musing, a different scene plays out, as the stirrings of his terrible Time magic summons the wrong vision.

It is an image of....something. Someone, really. A cat. Dark-coated, with brilliant green eyes. Life...? No. No white pupil, that is a plant wielding feline.

He looks out over this field, heaving a large huff of pride. On his head, a glittering crown of flowers and thorns. Next to him, a cinnamon cat, a splash of white on their swirling tabby coat with tan eyes looks out over the field with him. They are with their head lowered and a collar of thorns digging into their chest, by doing so.
"Write this down, Alward." The cat has a deep, rumbling voice. "This place...will make for an excellent new garden. Of course, that fool Crystalheart won't appreciate it...but. Who cares? Expansion is expansion...and what hope does a pebble-throwing fool hold against the might of Briarthorn?"
"Of course, your majesty....writing it down right now." The cat next to him chitters, pulling out a piece of parchment. They murmur a few words, and a mouse with a quill scribbles it down for them with their far more dextrous hands.
"Good....good." The king glances over at their scribe, and the mouse disappears into the neck fur of the cat; unfortunately, not before the king notices.
"I thought I told you to get rid of that.... piece of prey." He scoffs.
"My apologies sire. I do not possess the telekinesis of Arcane....I have to utilize them to do as you ask." This cat quivers with nerves. The king narrows his eyes at the tom.
"With my Kingdom's vast swaths of books you can't figure out how to hold a mere quill? What on earth do I pay you for?"
This cat has a look of, 'You don't pay me at all' written on their features, but they dip their head.
"Apologies, sire." They murmur. "I will work harder when we return to the castle."
"Good. See to it you do. If you need a mouse to do your work for you, then you are as useful as a mouse to me."

The rest of the threat goes unsaid, but the message is heard loud and clear.
CW: Discussion of aging, getting older, health issues. Mentions of struggling to breathe / lung issues in an older cat.

TLDR / CR: Jeremy's life is nearly in peril, but he's okay for now. Teo is sad about potentially losing his father figure.

Moon 110

Hunger
Upkeep
Spoilage - 15 food left.
Hunting:
5 Food + 8, 1, 7 = 21 Food Coming in
36 Food Left
Eating: 19 Food

17 Food Left.

Recruitment

Your cat's base coat is Cinnamon with Jackal-Themed Markings. It's magic is Bardic. Their extra traits are Whiskers and Claw Edits.

Drama
13. A coup! Exalt your leader. They have been dramatically betrayed by the others a la the ides of march. Determine a new leader from the remaining cats. The highest level cat will be it. If there is a tie, the oldest tied cat shall be the leader. Level the tied cat one level to make it better than its peers.

Cue me realizing that Jeremy does not in fact have extra lives.
Joy failed her mate roll.
Jeremy failed his healing roll.
Mort succeeded his 'you don't die today' roll [8 on a d8]

Lore

Teo was woken by the sounds of coughing in the night.
He woke up, and rushed to find the source of the sound; it was Jeremy, in his bed, coughing, heaving, and struggling to breathe. Joy was doing her best, but unfortunately, she was not a healing cat; she was a water cat. Teo is aware the only healing cat in this kingdom is, well, Jeremy, so he instead calls for Mort.

Fortunately, the Death cat is able to stabilize Jeremy, but not without some serious discussions about his age. Both him and Joy were quite old for cats in their position. The constant stress would undoubtedly have a toll on them both, and Mort reaches the conclusion that, while Jeremy is still doing quite well for himself, that he is getting older.

For now, he assigns Stella to look over the cat, and to keep his airways clear until the sickness goes away, and for him to have lost of rest. Mort may not be a doctor, but he's the next best thing; the cat assigned to keep death at bay.

Teo is equal parts relieved and terrified; he surely doesn't want to lose Jeremy. Their relationship had hardly begun, and he doesn't want it snuffed out that quick. Hell; Jeremy saved his life.... and so did Poisonheart, now that he thinks about it. Even if he hates to admit it... Poisonheart actually did something nice for once in his life.

And now he's dead, and gone, and Teo can't ask him questions. Is Teo really doomed to just, never have a good relationship with his father for long?
CW: Discussion of aging, getting older, health issues. Mentions of struggling to breathe / lung issues in an older cat.

TLDR / CR: Jeremy's life is nearly in peril, but he's okay for now. Teo is sad about potentially losing his father figure.

Moon 110

Hunger
Upkeep
Spoilage - 15 food left.
Hunting:
5 Food + 8, 1, 7 = 21 Food Coming in
36 Food Left
Eating: 19 Food

17 Food Left.

Recruitment

Your cat's base coat is Cinnamon with Jackal-Themed Markings. It's magic is Bardic. Their extra traits are Whiskers and Claw Edits.

Drama
13. A coup! Exalt your leader. They have been dramatically betrayed by the others a la the ides of march. Determine a new leader from the remaining cats. The highest level cat will be it. If there is a tie, the oldest tied cat shall be the leader. Level the tied cat one level to make it better than its peers.

Cue me realizing that Jeremy does not in fact have extra lives.
Joy failed her mate roll.
Jeremy failed his healing roll.
Mort succeeded his 'you don't die today' roll [8 on a d8]

Lore

Teo was woken by the sounds of coughing in the night.
He woke up, and rushed to find the source of the sound; it was Jeremy, in his bed, coughing, heaving, and struggling to breathe. Joy was doing her best, but unfortunately, she was not a healing cat; she was a water cat. Teo is aware the only healing cat in this kingdom is, well, Jeremy, so he instead calls for Mort.

Fortunately, the Death cat is able to stabilize Jeremy, but not without some serious discussions about his age. Both him and Joy were quite old for cats in their position. The constant stress would undoubtedly have a toll on them both, and Mort reaches the conclusion that, while Jeremy is still doing quite well for himself, that he is getting older.

For now, he assigns Stella to look over the cat, and to keep his airways clear until the sickness goes away, and for him to have lost of rest. Mort may not be a doctor, but he's the next best thing; the cat assigned to keep death at bay.

Teo is equal parts relieved and terrified; he surely doesn't want to lose Jeremy. Their relationship had hardly begun, and he doesn't want it snuffed out that quick. Hell; Jeremy saved his life.... and so did Poisonheart, now that he thinks about it. Even if he hates to admit it... Poisonheart actually did something nice for once in his life.

And now he's dead, and gone, and Teo can't ask him questions. Is Teo really doomed to just, never have a good relationship with his father for long?
Moon 111
Hunger:
Upkeep:
Spoilage - 13 left
Hunting:
5 + 14 [ 3d8 - 3, 8, 3 ]
19 coming in
32 total
12 after consumption.

Recruitment:
Your cat's base coat is Rose Grey with Sooty. It's magic is Astral. Their extra trait is Claw Edits
Remus.

Drama
9. Do something on your admin work tasklist for Storkies OR do something on your backlog.

This game really said 'kiwi do your work challenge'.

second drama roll
Drama

4. Hunting trip. Complete a Prompt for one of your permastorkies, update a TH profile, or make an icon.

WOW we in the double whammy of 'you have to do things outside of KOR' dimension. it's a sign.

Lore
Prompt: Flower. Connecting it to one of my private threads

Horrifically, defiantly, triumphantly.... a purple flower bloomed in the midst of the ballroom floor.
It was a little crooked and looked a few seconds to death every few moments, but it's brilliant violet petals, slightly tinted lighter than the other flowers in this valley... well. They looked unnervingly familiar to Teo, who was the first to discover them.

He looks around, but there's no one in the ball room this evening. He sits next to the flower, looking down at it. A mixture of anger, sadness, grief washes over him. He drapes his tail around the flower nonetheless, glaring down at it.

"Why'd you have to go and get yourself killed, huh?" He spits out. "I had questions for you, you know."

There was only silence to greet him, however. Of course. There to make his life hell, and just when it was starting to get good, the Prince had to ditch. Psh. Teo doesn't know why he bothered. There was nothing redeemable about that cat anyway; he was personally responsible for the death of many of Teo's friends; not to mention, the death of Ether.

He stands up, glancing back at the flower. He could kick it and rip it out right now.

And yet....he doesn't. Even if he wants to. While he turns his tail on the flower, he leaves it.... for now. Let sleeping cats lie.

It's not like he should expect an answer anyway. It's just a stupid flower.
Moon 111
Hunger:
Upkeep:
Spoilage - 13 left
Hunting:
5 + 14 [ 3d8 - 3, 8, 3 ]
19 coming in
32 total
12 after consumption.

Recruitment:
Your cat's base coat is Rose Grey with Sooty. It's magic is Astral. Their extra trait is Claw Edits
Remus.

Drama
9. Do something on your admin work tasklist for Storkies OR do something on your backlog.

This game really said 'kiwi do your work challenge'.

second drama roll
Drama

4. Hunting trip. Complete a Prompt for one of your permastorkies, update a TH profile, or make an icon.

WOW we in the double whammy of 'you have to do things outside of KOR' dimension. it's a sign.

Lore
Prompt: Flower. Connecting it to one of my private threads

Horrifically, defiantly, triumphantly.... a purple flower bloomed in the midst of the ballroom floor.
It was a little crooked and looked a few seconds to death every few moments, but it's brilliant violet petals, slightly tinted lighter than the other flowers in this valley... well. They looked unnervingly familiar to Teo, who was the first to discover them.

He looks around, but there's no one in the ball room this evening. He sits next to the flower, looking down at it. A mixture of anger, sadness, grief washes over him. He drapes his tail around the flower nonetheless, glaring down at it.

"Why'd you have to go and get yourself killed, huh?" He spits out. "I had questions for you, you know."

There was only silence to greet him, however. Of course. There to make his life hell, and just when it was starting to get good, the Prince had to ditch. Psh. Teo doesn't know why he bothered. There was nothing redeemable about that cat anyway; he was personally responsible for the death of many of Teo's friends; not to mention, the death of Ether.

He stands up, glancing back at the flower. He could kick it and rip it out right now.

And yet....he doesn't. Even if he wants to. While he turns his tail on the flower, he leaves it.... for now. Let sleeping cats lie.

It's not like he should expect an answer anyway. It's just a stupid flower.
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19