Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [LORE] Tales of the Island
1 2 3 4 5 6

hierarchy

While the Island is pretty lax with its hierarchy due to the casualness of the inhabitants, there is a hierarchy is place, if a rather lax one. The order of this hierarchy goes as follows:

It

“It” refers to the Island. It is naturally respected.

Original Two

It’s an unofficial name, but the Original Two refers to Aegin and Lifter; the first two that kickstarted all of this. While they don’t show up in public as often anymore, they are well respected for their efforts and what they’ve done for the Island.

The New Generation

Again an unofficial name, the New Generation refers to the new and curious inhabitants of Aevus Abode. This is due to their startling powers and abilities, as well as the prophecy/visions that the Wishkeeper had seen. They are treated just as any hatchling/dragon their mental age would, although perhaps with more respect.

The Council

The Council refers to the group of dragons in charge of the Island as a whole. The number of dragons in it varies depending on who you ask, but it’s generally agreed on that the heads of the different categories/buildings, the Wishkeeper, and the Leader and their mate are included in this category.

Former Councilmembers are technically less on the rankings, but no less respected for their efforts to build this place up.

Others

As of so far, these four categories are the only ‘real’ hierarchies that can be seen, excluding the natural ranks in different occupations. Perhaps in the future, that may change. For now, though, the Island remains a casual and peaceful place without much fuss for courtesy, and it’s staying that way for now.

hierarchy

While the Island is pretty lax with its hierarchy due to the casualness of the inhabitants, there is a hierarchy is place, if a rather lax one. The order of this hierarchy goes as follows:

It

“It” refers to the Island. It is naturally respected.

Original Two

It’s an unofficial name, but the Original Two refers to Aegin and Lifter; the first two that kickstarted all of this. While they don’t show up in public as often anymore, they are well respected for their efforts and what they’ve done for the Island.

The New Generation

Again an unofficial name, the New Generation refers to the new and curious inhabitants of Aevus Abode. This is due to their startling powers and abilities, as well as the prophecy/visions that the Wishkeeper had seen. They are treated just as any hatchling/dragon their mental age would, although perhaps with more respect.

The Council

The Council refers to the group of dragons in charge of the Island as a whole. The number of dragons in it varies depending on who you ask, but it’s generally agreed on that the heads of the different categories/buildings, the Wishkeeper, and the Leader and their mate are included in this category.

Former Councilmembers are technically less on the rankings, but no less respected for their efforts to build this place up.

Others

As of so far, these four categories are the only ‘real’ hierarchies that can be seen, excluding the natural ranks in different occupations. Perhaps in the future, that may change. For now, though, the Island remains a casual and peaceful place without much fuss for courtesy, and it’s staying that way for now.
lore sales!! ==

it’s imginate without an a!
TO5f5vS.png
JHqnR5C.png
YMPbu9R.png

===

~ WISHLIST | FAQ
~ WRITING SHOP | ART SHOP
~ CLAN LORE
~ BIO RESOURCES
~ BALDWIN RENTING
~ KINGDOMLOCKE

===
===
G5TXkiW.png

why the focus on diplomacy?

One thing you’d realise about the Island is that they’re heavy on the diplomacy/travelling part. Part of it may have to do with the fact that they wish to make as many trading partners/alliances as possible, or reach out to spread the word of their existence in hopes of helping more dragons in need, but the real truth is a little more complex than that.

You see, the first two Inhabitants of the Island can never leave it. The Island Itself, aside from the times when it moves, can never really head onto land to see things either. Perhaps it’s part of the Island’s subconscious ‘pushing’ or Its will, but most inhabitants of the Island that have stayed for long or were born on the Island itself will develop a natural curiosity for the world, as well as an excitement for new and unseen things. It’s more subtler in some dragons over others, but either way, they’re all the same.

While the Island has been spreading Its ranges over the years to categories more than diplomacy or trades, anything to do with exploring or seeing new things in particular will be subconsciously favoured over others. This doesn’t mean that the Council will ignore other jobs and categories — they do have their likes and dislikes outside of exploration — but it just means that there will tend to be faster developments in the areas of diplomacy or exploration, thus bringing up more potential developments and developing those faster. Some might mistake it for bias, but really, it’s just how it is.

Besides, anyone who does feel like it’s biased can take it up to the Council, or anyone in charge, and they’ll do their best to fix it.

why the focus on diplomacy?

One thing you’d realise about the Island is that they’re heavy on the diplomacy/travelling part. Part of it may have to do with the fact that they wish to make as many trading partners/alliances as possible, or reach out to spread the word of their existence in hopes of helping more dragons in need, but the real truth is a little more complex than that.

You see, the first two Inhabitants of the Island can never leave it. The Island Itself, aside from the times when it moves, can never really head onto land to see things either. Perhaps it’s part of the Island’s subconscious ‘pushing’ or Its will, but most inhabitants of the Island that have stayed for long or were born on the Island itself will develop a natural curiosity for the world, as well as an excitement for new and unseen things. It’s more subtler in some dragons over others, but either way, they’re all the same.

While the Island has been spreading Its ranges over the years to categories more than diplomacy or trades, anything to do with exploring or seeing new things in particular will be subconsciously favoured over others. This doesn’t mean that the Council will ignore other jobs and categories — they do have their likes and dislikes outside of exploration — but it just means that there will tend to be faster developments in the areas of diplomacy or exploration, thus bringing up more potential developments and developing those faster. Some might mistake it for bias, but really, it’s just how it is.

Besides, anyone who does feel like it’s biased can take it up to the Council, or anyone in charge, and they’ll do their best to fix it.
lore sales!! ==

TO5f5vS.png
JHqnR5C.png
YMPbu9R.png

===

~ WISHLIST | FAQ
~ CLAN LORE
~ BIO RESOURCES
~ BALDWIN RENTING
~ KINGDOMLOCKE

===
===
G5TXkiW.png
[right][font=imprint][url= https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3074333/1#post_49497464]back to locations list[/url][/right] [rule] [center][font=imprint][size=6][color= #1a912a][b]Bounty of the Fields[/b][/size][/color] [columns] [img] https://i.imgur.com/1PMp1Wq.png[/img] [nextcol] [color=transparent]===[/color] [nextcol] [color= #0a5c15]Named after a pun on ‘Bounty of the Elements’, the Bounty of the Fields is less of a singular place, and more of a reference to any space that has been registered in the Harvest Log for farming, picking, harvesting, and more. While each field and plot has its own, unique name, they are generally called by this name as a collective. Most harvests planted here will be native to the Island, although in recent times there have been some starting to plant seeds of flora from outside of the Island. While anyone can technically put a petition forwards and register their plot of land to start planting for farming, one would have a better chance if they have experience in farming and whatnot. [/columns] [size=5][font=imprint] [color= #1a912a][b]Residents[/b][/color][/size] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71885776][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/718858/71885776p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [color=transparent]===[/color] [nextcol] Aberdith is considered by many as the unofficial head of tree-based harvesting, as many tend to go to him to register their plots of fruit trees. Despite that, he’s knowledgable in many areas of farming, and owns a large plot of land where he has his own fruits. If you need advice on tree-based farming, it’s advised to ask him. [/columns] [rule] [right][font=imprint][url= https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2519702/1]round icon by Limanya[/url][/right]

Bounty of the Fields

1PMp1Wq.png === Named after a pun on ‘Bounty of the Elements’, the Bounty of the Fields is less of a singular place, and more of a reference to any space that has been registered in the Harvest Log for farming, picking, harvesting, and more. While each field and plot has its own, unique name, they are generally called by this name as a collective.

Most harvests planted here will be native to the Island, although in recent times there have been some starting to plant seeds of flora from outside of the Island. While anyone can technically put a petition forwards and register their plot of land to start planting for farming, one would have a better chance if they have experience in farming and whatnot.

Residents
71885776p.png === Aberdith is considered by many as the unofficial head of tree-based harvesting, as many tend to go to him to register their plots of fruit trees. Despite that, he’s knowledgable in many areas of farming, and owns a large plot of land where he has his own fruits. If you need advice on tree-based farming, it’s advised to ask him.

lore sales!! ==

TO5f5vS.png
JHqnR5C.png
YMPbu9R.png

===

~ WISHLIST | FAQ
~ CLAN LORE
~ BIO RESOURCES
~ BALDWIN RENTING
~ KINGDOMLOCKE

===
===
G5TXkiW.png
[center][size=6][font=Imprint][color= #583666][b]The Stars Do Not Define Us…[/b][/size][/font][/color] character involved: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72193764][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/721938/72193764.png[/img][/url] [b]Excidium[/b] + unnamed, made-up Mirror notes: prompt from 22/11/21 prompt in the [url= https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2979379/118#post_49604629]daily writing prompts[/url] thread. [rule][/center] “Oh, give me a break,” someone sighs, and you whirl around, a thrill bubbling inside you as you realise just who it is. “Fancy to see you here,” you say, baring you teeth in what’s perhaps a smile. The Oracle — looking sleep-mussed, which isn’t surprising, considering it’s basically hours after the middle of the night, after all — stares back at you, unamused. In the dim moonlight streaming through the window, you think his eyes look like they’re glowing. “A visitor?” he asks. “Or a thief?” “Neither,” you say proudly, stalking forwards, smirking when the Oracle does take a step back. Perhaps not out of fear, but you’ll take what you can get. “Just want to ask you a question, that’s all.” You blink, quietly building up the magic innate to you, and smile. “They call you the Island’s Oracle,” you say, observing the invisible — to everyone but you, that is — particles of magic around him. “But I don’t think you’re quite as powerful as you’re said to be, are you?” “Congrats, you have magic vision. Hurray.” the Oracle deadpans, and you have to blink again at that lazy, unconcerned tone. “What are you here for? The other sorcerers are in a different place, though I’d be surprised if you don’t get killed first.” You cackle. “Kill? Oh, I doubt they could. But humour me for a second, dearest Oracle of the Island, and answer me a question, will you?” The Oracle scrutinises. You smile, reaching into your satchel and tossing out the offering you’ve brought. “I’ve come prepared, as you can see.” The Oracle rolls his eyes, even as he takes the book and sets it aside. “Obviously you’re not here to hurt me… ugh, I just want to go back to sleep already… fine, toss your question.” This is it. This is what you’ve come here for. You’re quite lucky that the Oracle doesn’t realise the power he holds. “I am no one of note, from the deep dark of the Tangled Woods,” you start, confident and sure. “I have a bit of a gift, you see. A pretty little thing that lets me see what normal dragons cannot, and gives me powers in ways that nobody could ever comprehend. It whispers greatness in my ears, offers me a contract that is fair and just, and gives me [i]meaning[/i]. I ask you now, dearest Oracle; just what have the gods above planned for me?” The Oracle stares at you, unblinking. You can see the particles around him shift… it excites you. “Hmm…” he murmurs. “Well, you’ve gone to many before me, haven’t you? Clearly you should know the answer by now.” “So you’re saying the same things as they did, then?” you roll your eyes. “If it’s the truth, it’s the truth. That magic’s good, but there’s a reason why we’ve all been telling you to let go of it. Though, I suppose I’ll go one step further: the gods have nothing but decay in mind for you, should you follow the path that your magic is painting. There’s a saying… what’s it again? Oh, right: the stars do not define us, but they certainly can blind us,” idly, the Oracle draws circles on the pillow below him with a claw. “Perhaps it’s funny for me, an ‘oracle’, to say this. But stop listening to the stars, will you? You’re only walking on a path of doom, one that you’ve made and laid yourself.” You scoff, disappointment boiling in your gut. Your magic flares up in anger, too; of course it does, it keeps being insulted. Of course, like all the others, this one is a scam too, though he’s at least given you something of note. You’ve learned your lesson this time, though; best to not go to an Oracle again. Maybe you should’ve listened to the magic sooner. “How disappointing.” “You asked,” he shrugs. “I answered. Can you leave now?” “Fine,” you spit, turning away. “I’ll be gone by daybreak, but I’d love to see your Island’s defences prevent me from leaving. And for the record, I’ll keep being great. Don’t expect me to give you anything when you beg like a mutt for an autograph, though.” “May your hubris kiss your feet, then,” is the last thing you hear before you jump out of the window, intent on both never returning to this Island and never seeing the Oracle again. And unbeknownst to you, the leaves on the trees around start to shake. Waiting.
The Stars Do Not Define Us…
character involved:
72193764.png
Excidium + unnamed, made-up Mirror

notes:
prompt from 22/11/21 prompt in the daily writing prompts thread.
“Oh, give me a break,” someone sighs, and you whirl around, a thrill bubbling inside you as you realise just who it is.

“Fancy to see you here,” you say, baring you teeth in what’s perhaps a smile. The Oracle — looking sleep-mussed, which isn’t surprising, considering it’s basically hours after the middle of the night, after all — stares back at you, unamused. In the dim moonlight streaming through the window, you think his eyes look like they’re glowing.

“A visitor?” he asks. “Or a thief?”

“Neither,” you say proudly, stalking forwards, smirking when the Oracle does take a step back. Perhaps not out of fear, but you’ll take what you can get. “Just want to ask you a question, that’s all.”

You blink, quietly building up the magic innate to you, and smile.

“They call you the Island’s Oracle,” you say, observing the invisible — to everyone but you, that is — particles of magic around him. “But I don’t think you’re quite as powerful as you’re said to be, are you?”

“Congrats, you have magic vision. Hurray.” the Oracle deadpans, and you have to blink again at that lazy, unconcerned tone. “What are you here for? The other sorcerers are in a different place, though I’d be surprised if you don’t get killed first.”

You cackle. “Kill? Oh, I doubt they could. But humour me for a second, dearest Oracle of the Island, and answer me a question, will you?”

The Oracle scrutinises. You smile, reaching into your satchel and tossing out the offering you’ve brought. “I’ve come prepared, as you can see.”

The Oracle rolls his eyes, even as he takes the book and sets it aside. “Obviously you’re not here to hurt me… ugh, I just want to go back to sleep already… fine, toss your question.”

This is it. This is what you’ve come here for. You’re quite lucky that the Oracle doesn’t realise the power he holds.

“I am no one of note, from the deep dark of the Tangled Woods,” you start, confident and sure. “I have a bit of a gift, you see. A pretty little thing that lets me see what normal dragons cannot, and gives me powers in ways that nobody could ever comprehend. It whispers greatness in my ears, offers me a contract that is fair and just, and gives me meaning. I ask you now, dearest Oracle; just what have the gods above planned for me?”

The Oracle stares at you, unblinking. You can see the particles around him shift… it excites you.

“Hmm…” he murmurs. “Well, you’ve gone to many before me, haven’t you? Clearly you should know the answer by now.”

“So you’re saying the same things as they did, then?” you roll your eyes.

“If it’s the truth, it’s the truth. That magic’s good, but there’s a reason why we’ve all been telling you to let go of it. Though, I suppose I’ll go one step further: the gods have nothing but decay in mind for you, should you follow the path that your magic is painting. There’s a saying… what’s it again? Oh, right: the stars do not define us, but they certainly can blind us,” idly, the Oracle draws circles on the pillow below him with a claw. “Perhaps it’s funny for me, an ‘oracle’, to say this. But stop listening to the stars, will you? You’re only walking on a path of doom, one that you’ve made and laid yourself.”

You scoff, disappointment boiling in your gut. Your magic flares up in anger, too; of course it does, it keeps being insulted. Of course, like all the others, this one is a scam too, though he’s at least given you something of note. You’ve learned your lesson this time, though; best to not go to an Oracle again. Maybe you should’ve listened to the magic sooner. “How disappointing.”

“You asked,” he shrugs. “I answered. Can you leave now?”

“Fine,” you spit, turning away. “I’ll be gone by daybreak, but I’d love to see your Island’s defences prevent me from leaving. And for the record, I’ll keep being great. Don’t expect me to give you anything when you beg like a mutt for an autograph, though.”

“May your hubris kiss your feet, then,” is the last thing you hear before you jump out of the window, intent on both never returning to this Island and never seeing the Oracle again.

And unbeknownst to you, the leaves on the trees around start to shake.

Waiting.
lore sales!! ==

TO5f5vS.png
JHqnR5C.png
YMPbu9R.png

===

~ WISHLIST | FAQ
~ CLAN LORE
~ BIO RESOURCES
~ BALDWIN RENTING
~ KINGDOMLOCKE

===
===
G5TXkiW.png
[center][size=6][font=Imprint][color= #583666][b]The Outside World[/b][/size][/font][/color] characters involved: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70285391][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/702854/70285391.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70285392][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/702854/70285392.png[/img][/url] [b]Aegin[/b][color=transparent]=================[/color][b]Lifter[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/23641085][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/236411/23641085.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/53125268][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/531253/53125268.png[/img][/url] [b]Elisayd[/b][color=transparent]================[/color][b]Leynth[/b] series: [url= https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3074333#post_49497465][b]mortalis inicium[/b][/url] notes: might rewrite this one sometime in the future,,,, but this series needs to continue chronologically first so I kinda just Wrote This… n e way. yeah. [rule][/center] “Ah,” Leynth says, when they finish explaining everything to her, and both she and Elisayd have been taken to meet the Island, which mostly consisted of Aegin and Lifter translating what Its saying to the two of them. “No wonder you acted so differently to Faes.” “Really?” Aegin blinks. She’s expected it, of course, considering how differently they must've been raised — if you could call Aegin and Lifter as 'being raised' by the Island, that is — but it's still surprising to hear it out loud. “How so?” “Well, normally Faes communicate with their,” Leynth gestures to her ears. “Frills, y’know? They move them and whatnot.” “Oh.” so that’s what the frills are for. Aegin had thought they were just for increased hearing. And, well, she’d assumed they were just one of those evolutions that weren't really used for anything else, like a lot of evolutions were. “Well, that’s good to know.” “You two were really isolated, huh?” Elisayd murmurs. “Hard to be anything else when everything on this Island’s about the humans of old,” Lifter calls from where he’s finishing up the last touches of his treehouse. Aegin had tried to convince him to stop for a while, but he’d insisted on continuing to speed things up, and she didn't try to talk to him more after that. “True,” Leynth says. “Well, how about we tell you some “I mean, we’d like that!” Aegin starts, trying not to sound too enthusiastic. Still, there’s a question that’s been nagging at her... “It’s just... you’re travellers, aren't you?” “Yup,” pride is evident in Leynth’s voice when she states that. “Yeah, so... why are you being so trusting of us?” Aegin points out. “I don't know much about the outside world's customs, really, but I don't think it's normal for strangers to trust each other so easily.” “Ah, that...” Leynth looks a little awkward now. Besides her, Elisayd chuckles. “Well, you two looked like you needed help, add after hearing your whole ordeal... how could I not stay to help out?” Elisayd cuts in calmly, “She’s trying to say that she thinks of you two as children. In a nice way, of course.” “Elisayd!” Leynth hisses, and Aegin watches in fascination as pink spreads across her cheeks. “Don’t say that so bluntly.” Elisayd only laughs lightly. “It was written all over your face. I was just being kind enough to point it out.” “It's fine,” Aegin says. She must be blushing too, or at least she thinks she is. “I... don't mind. I guess we could seem that way, what with not knowing what we should know and all...” “Oh, don't blame yourself for that,” Leynth reassures. “You've been isolated, after all. I'm a little curious how you managed to learn so much, though...” “It's the Island,” Lifter calls, finally flying down. Aegin makes space for him as he lands, digging his claws into the soil and making a mess of it. “Can't explain more, though.” “That’s fine, I think I've got a general idea now,” Leynth hums. “But we're not here for that! You said you wanted answers on how the outside world is like, right?” “I didn't,” Lifter answers truthfully, at the same time Aegin smiles and says, “Yup!” Lifter blinks at her. “Wait, you did?” “It was while you were up there.” “Oh, that makes more sense.” Leynth and Elisayd chuckle. “I can see that look on your face,” Elisayd teases, and Aegin almost thinks he’s talking about them, until she sees his face angled towards Leynth. “Shut up,” Leynth scowls, though her face betrays her emotions. It's a little fascinating, how much she reveals on her face. “Nevermind that. How do you want to do this, little Faes?” “We’re not little Faes,” Lifter complains. The Island rumbles in what seems to be amusement, and Aegin drags the heel of her feet over the soil. “Shush,” she murmurs. And then, towards the two arrivals, “Well, I'm not sure. How do you guys usually do it?” “How about we do it like this?” Elisayd offers quietly. “You ask the questions, we answer. And in return, we get to ask questions if we want.” “Cool!” Lifter beams. “Within, uh, boundaries?” “Yes.” “Cool!” Lifter repeats, turning to her. “Say yes, Aegin.” She huffs, batting him with her tail. “Obviously.” “Well, now that that’s settled,” Leynth claps cheerfully. “Fire away, little Faes!” “We’re not little!” [center]•-•[/center] After Aegin’s satisfied her curiosity — well, at least for the day — she and Lifter lead them back to the residential house. “The rooms are empty for now, but if you’d like, we can quickly get some things to settle you two in comfortably,” Aegin says, apologetic. “It's fine,” Elisayd dismisses. “We've brought our own things.” “Yup! We’re travellers, after all.” Leynth says, smiling as she hosts her bag up higher. “We’ll turn in early for the day, but we’ll be up awake earlier tomorrow. We’re meeting here, right?” Aegin nods. Leynth smiles brighter. “Well then, goodnight,” Elisayd murmurs, and with a gesture of his tail, the two travellers head into the residential house. “Have a good rest!” Lifter says brightly, waving even though they can't see him. “They’re not saying goodbye,” Aegin whispers. “I know, shut up.” Once the two fully disappear into the residential house, the two turn to each other. “I’m staying at your treehouse tonight,” Aegin declares. “Fine, but you’ll have to pay me back.” Lifter huffs playfully, taking flight almost at the same time as she does. They fly in peaceful silence, though it's quickly broken by Lifter. “Say, remember our conversation about children?” he starts casually. “Oh, right,” Aegin hums. “We should probably get to that, huh?” “So, tomorrow?” “Sure. We’ll probably have to let Leynth and Elisayd know that we’ll be gone for a while, though.” “Right,” Lifter nods. And then, “How’d you think they’ll react to our whole, uh, hatchling thing? I'm only, like, 70% sure it's not entirely morally right to be having babies for an experiment, and I don't know how they'd feel about that.” An awkward silence persists between them, even as they land on Lifter’s treehouse. “...well,” Aegin says eventually. “We’ll... I suppose we’ll burn that bridge when we get to it.”
The Outside World
characters involved:
70285391.png70285392.png
Aegin=================Lifter
23641085.png 53125268.png
Elisayd================Leynth

series:
mortalis inicium

notes:
might rewrite this one sometime in the future,,,, but this series needs to continue chronologically first so I kinda just Wrote This… n e way. yeah.
“Ah,” Leynth says, when they finish explaining everything to her, and both she and Elisayd have been taken to meet the Island, which mostly consisted of Aegin and Lifter translating what Its saying to the two of them. “No wonder you acted so differently to Faes.”

“Really?” Aegin blinks. She’s expected it, of course, considering how differently they must've been raised — if you could call Aegin and Lifter as 'being raised' by the Island, that is — but it's still surprising to hear it out loud. “How so?”

“Well, normally Faes communicate with their,” Leynth gestures to her ears. “Frills, y’know? They move them and whatnot.”

“Oh.” so that’s what the frills are for. Aegin had thought they were just for increased hearing. And, well, she’d assumed they were just one of those evolutions that weren't really used for anything else, like a lot of evolutions were. “Well, that’s good to know.”

“You two were really isolated, huh?” Elisayd murmurs.

“Hard to be anything else when everything on this Island’s about the humans of old,” Lifter calls from where he’s finishing up the last touches of his treehouse. Aegin had tried to convince him to stop for a while, but he’d insisted on continuing to speed things up, and she didn't try to talk to him more after that.

“True,” Leynth says. “Well, how about we tell you some

“I mean, we’d like that!” Aegin starts, trying not to sound too enthusiastic. Still, there’s a question that’s been nagging at her... “It’s just... you’re travellers, aren't you?”

“Yup,” pride is evident in Leynth’s voice when she states that.

“Yeah, so... why are you being so trusting of us?” Aegin points out. “I don't know much about the outside world's customs, really, but I don't think it's normal for strangers to trust each other so easily.”

“Ah, that...” Leynth looks a little awkward now. Besides her, Elisayd chuckles. “Well, you two looked like you needed help, add after hearing your whole ordeal... how could I not stay to help out?”

Elisayd cuts in calmly, “She’s trying to say that she thinks of you two as children. In a nice way, of course.”

“Elisayd!” Leynth hisses, and Aegin watches in fascination as pink spreads across her cheeks. “Don’t say that so bluntly.”

Elisayd only laughs lightly. “It was written all over your face. I was just being kind enough to point it out.”

“It's fine,” Aegin says. She must be blushing too, or at least she thinks she is. “I... don't mind. I guess we could seem that way, what with not knowing what we should know and all...”

“Oh, don't blame yourself for that,” Leynth reassures. “You've been isolated, after all. I'm a little curious how you managed to learn so much, though...”

“It's the Island,” Lifter calls, finally flying down. Aegin makes space for him as he lands, digging his claws into the soil and making a mess of it. “Can't explain more, though.”

“That’s fine, I think I've got a general idea now,” Leynth hums. “But we're not here for that! You said you wanted answers on how the outside world is like, right?”

“I didn't,” Lifter answers truthfully, at the same time Aegin smiles and says, “Yup!”

Lifter blinks at her. “Wait, you did?”

“It was while you were up there.”

“Oh, that makes more sense.”

Leynth and Elisayd chuckle. “I can see that look on your face,” Elisayd teases, and Aegin almost thinks he’s talking about them, until she sees his face angled towards Leynth.

“Shut up,” Leynth scowls, though her face betrays her emotions. It's a little fascinating, how much she reveals on her face. “Nevermind that. How do you want to do this, little Faes?”

“We’re not little Faes,” Lifter complains. The Island rumbles in what seems to be amusement, and Aegin drags the heel of her feet over the soil.

“Shush,” she murmurs. And then, towards the two arrivals, “Well, I'm not sure. How do you guys usually do it?”

“How about we do it like this?” Elisayd offers quietly. “You ask the questions, we answer. And in return, we get to ask questions if we want.”

“Cool!” Lifter beams. “Within, uh, boundaries?”

“Yes.”

“Cool!” Lifter repeats, turning to her. “Say yes, Aegin.”

She huffs, batting him with her tail. “Obviously.”

“Well, now that that’s settled,” Leynth claps cheerfully. “Fire away, little Faes!”

“We’re not little!”
•-•

After Aegin’s satisfied her curiosity — well, at least for the day — she and Lifter lead them back to the residential house.

“The rooms are empty for now, but if you’d like, we can quickly get some things to settle you two in comfortably,” Aegin says, apologetic.

“It's fine,” Elisayd dismisses. “We've brought our own things.”

“Yup! We’re travellers, after all.” Leynth says, smiling as she hosts her bag up higher. “We’ll turn in early for the day, but we’ll be up awake earlier tomorrow. We’re meeting here, right?”

Aegin nods. Leynth smiles brighter.

“Well then, goodnight,” Elisayd murmurs, and with a gesture of his tail, the two travellers head into the residential house.

“Have a good rest!” Lifter says brightly, waving even though they can't see him.

“They’re not saying goodbye,” Aegin whispers.

“I know, shut up.”

Once the two fully disappear into the residential house, the two turn to each other.

“I’m staying at your treehouse tonight,” Aegin declares.

“Fine, but you’ll have to pay me back.” Lifter huffs playfully, taking flight almost at the same time as she does.

They fly in peaceful silence, though it's quickly broken by Lifter.

“Say, remember our conversation about children?” he starts casually.

“Oh, right,” Aegin hums. “We should probably get to that, huh?”

“So, tomorrow?”

“Sure. We’ll probably have to let Leynth and Elisayd know that we’ll be gone for a while, though.”

“Right,” Lifter nods. And then, “How’d you think they’ll react to our whole, uh, hatchling thing? I'm only, like, 70% sure it's not entirely morally right to be having babies for an experiment, and I don't know how they'd feel about that.”

An awkward silence persists between them, even as they land on Lifter’s treehouse.

“...well,” Aegin says eventually. “We’ll... I suppose we’ll burn that bridge when we get to it.”
lore sales!! ==

TO5f5vS.png
JHqnR5C.png
YMPbu9R.png

===

~ WISHLIST | FAQ
~ CLAN LORE
~ BIO RESOURCES
~ BALDWIN RENTING
~ KINGDOMLOCKE

===
===
G5TXkiW.png
[columns] [color=transparent]_________________________[/color] [nextcol] [center][font=times new roman] [size=7][size=4]{ darling baby }[/size][/size] [size=4] darling baby, darling child, have a restful sleep that’s mild, rest and wake up after day, or you’ll be taken away. darling baby, darling child close your eyes and give a smile, may your dreams be good to you, so the reaper avoids you. darling baby, darling child, wake tomorrow with a smile, when the sun has risen up, then you know it’s a new dawn. [/center] [nextcol] [color=transparent] _________________________[/color] [/columns] [rule] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70285391][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/702854/70285391p.png[/img][/url]: Oh, I remember making this! Brings back good old memories :D [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/53125268][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/531253/53125268p.png[/img][/url]: How is it still as creepy as the [i]first[/i] time I heard it? (notes: GOD this was hard to make i am Bad at Poems and Songs)

{ darling baby }

darling baby, darling child,
have a restful sleep that’s mild,
rest and wake up after day,
or you’ll be taken away.

darling baby, darling child
close your eyes and give a smile,
may your dreams be good to you,
so the reaper avoids you.

darling baby, darling child,
wake tomorrow with a smile,
when the sun has risen up,
then you know it’s a new dawn.

70285391p.png: Oh, I remember making this! Brings back good old memories :D
53125268p.png: How is it still as creepy as the first time I heard it?

(notes: GOD this was hard to make i am Bad at Poems and Songs)
lore sales!! ==

TO5f5vS.png
JHqnR5C.png
YMPbu9R.png

===

~ WISHLIST | FAQ
~ CLAN LORE
~ BIO RESOURCES
~ BALDWIN RENTING
~ KINGDOMLOCKE

===
===
G5TXkiW.png
[right][font=imprint][url= https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3074333/1#post_49497464]back to worldbuilding list[/url][/right] [rule] [center][size=6][color= #d69b24][font=imprint][b]occupations[/b][/color][/size] As with any other clan, the Island has a variety of jobs and occupations in different fields. This can be considered a masterlist of all jobs on the Island, as well as the inhabitants who have those jobs. [rule] [columns][item=intact parchment][nextcol][size=5][b]Agriculture[/b][/size] (Group description HERE.) This is an example of a section with only two columns. Each dragon's description contains ~140 characters. Avatar codes are left intact so you can see how they work.[/color][/columns] [columns][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25521457][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521457p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26546969][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/265470/26546969p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns][nextcol][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25521458][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521458p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28230211][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/282303/28230211p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns][/columns] [rule] [columns][item=intact parchment][nextcol][size=5][b]Adminstration[/b][/size] (Group description HERE.) This is an example of a section with only two columns. Each dragon's description contains ~140 characters. Avatar codes are left intact so you can see how they work.[/color][/columns] [columns][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25521457][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521457p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26546969][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/265470/26546969p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns][nextcol][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25521458][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521458p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28230211][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/282303/28230211p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns][/columns] [rule] [columns][item=intact parchment][nextcol][size=5][b]Architecture, Engineering and Metalworking[/b][/size] (Group description HERE.) This is an example of a section with only two columns. Each dragon's description contains ~140 characters. Avatar codes are left intact so you can see how they work.[/color][/columns] [columns][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25521457][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521457p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26546969][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/265470/26546969p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns][nextcol][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25521458][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521458p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28230211][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/282303/28230211p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns][/columns] [rule] [columns][item=intact parchment][nextcol][size=5][b]Communications[/b][/size] (Group description HERE.) This is an example of a section with only two columns. Each dragon's description contains ~140 characters. Avatar codes are left intact so you can see how they work.[/color][/columns] [columns][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25521457][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521457p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26546969][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/265470/26546969p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns][nextcol][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25521458][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521458p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28230211][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/282303/28230211p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns][/columns] [rule] [columns][item=intact parchment][nextcol][size=5][b]Diplomacy[/b][/size] (Group description HERE.) This is an example of a section with only two columns. Each dragon's description contains ~140 characters. Avatar codes are left intact so you can see how they work.[/color][/columns] [columns][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25521457][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521457p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26546969][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/265470/26546969p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns][nextcol][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25521458][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521458p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28230211][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/282303/28230211p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns][/columns] [rule] [columns][item=intact parchment][nextcol][size=5][b]Entertainment[/b][/size] (Group description HERE.) This is an example of a section with only two columns. Each dragon's description contains ~140 characters. Avatar codes are left intact so you can see how they work.[/color][/columns] [columns][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25521457][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521457p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26546969][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/265470/26546969p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns][nextcol][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25521458][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521458p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28230211][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/282303/28230211p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns][/columns] [rule] [columns][item=intact parchment][nextcol][size=5][b]Healthcare[/b][/size] (Group description HERE.) This is an example of a section with only two columns. Each dragon's description contains ~140 characters. Avatar codes are left intact so you can see how they work.[/color][/columns] [columns][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25521457][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521457p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26546969][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/265470/26546969p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns][nextcol][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25521458][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521458p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28230211][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/282303/28230211p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns][/columns] [rule] [columns][item=intact parchment][nextcol][size=5][b]Sales[/b][/size] (Group description HERE.) This is an example of a section with only two columns. Each dragon's description contains ~140 characters. Avatar codes are left intact so you can see how they work.[/color][/columns] [columns][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25521457][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521457p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26546969][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/265470/26546969p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns][nextcol][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25521458][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521458p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28230211][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/282303/28230211p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns][/columns] [rule] [columns][item=intact parchment][nextcol][size=5][b]Seafare[/b][/size] (Group description HERE.) This is an example of a section with only two columns. Each dragon's description contains ~140 characters. Avatar codes are left intact so you can see how they work.[/color][/columns] [columns][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25521457][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521457p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26546969][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/265470/26546969p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns][nextcol][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25521458][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521458p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28230211][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/282303/28230211p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns][/columns] [rule] [columns][item=intact parchment][nextcol][size=5][b]Science and Magic[/b][/size] (Group description HERE.) This is an example of a section with only two columns. Each dragon's description contains ~140 characters. Avatar codes are left intact so you can see how they work.[/color][/columns] [columns][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25521457][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521457p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26546969][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/265470/26546969p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns][nextcol][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25521458][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521458p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28230211][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/282303/28230211p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns][/columns] [rule] ----- [right][size=1][color=#9494A9]template by [/color][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2237425]Disillusionist (254672)[/url][/size][/right] (will b updated l8r)

occupations

As with any other clan, the Island has a variety of jobs and occupations in different fields. This can be considered a masterlist of all jobs on the Island, as well as the inhabitants who have those jobs.
Intact Parchment Agriculture
(Group description HERE.) This is an example of a section with only two columns. Each dragon's description contains ~140 characters. Avatar codes are left intact so you can see how they work.[/color]
25521457p.png NameRole
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo
26546969p.png NameRole
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo
25521458p.png NameRole
28230211p.png NameRole

Intact Parchment Adminstration
(Group description HERE.) This is an example of a section with only two columns. Each dragon's description contains ~140 characters. Avatar codes are left intact so you can see how they work.[/color]
25521457p.png NameRole
26546969p.png NameRole
25521458p.png NameRole
28230211p.png NameRole

Intact Parchment Architecture, Engineering and Metalworking
25521457p.png NameRole
26546969p.png NameRole
25521458p.png NameRole
28230211p.png NameRole

Intact Parchment Communications
25521457p.png NameRole
26546969p.png NameRole
25521458p.png NameRole
28230211p.png NameRole

Intact Parchment Diplomacy
25521457p.png NameRole
26546969p.png NameRole
25521458p.png NameRole
28230211p.png NameRole

Intact Parchment Entertainment
25521457p.png NameRole
26546969p.png NameRole
25521458p.png NameRole
28230211p.png NameRole

Intact Parchment Healthcare
25521457p.png NameRole
26546969p.png NameRole
25521458p.png NameRole
28230211p.png NameRole

Intact Parchment Sales
25521457p.png NameRole
26546969p.png NameRole
25521458p.png NameRole
28230211p.png NameRole

Intact Parchment Seafare
25521457p.png NameRole
26546969p.png NameRole
25521458p.png NameRole
28230211p.png NameRole

Intact Parchment Science and Magic
25521457p.png NameRole
26546969p.png NameRole
25521458p.png NameRole
28230211p.png NameRole

(will b updated l8r)
lore sales!! ==

TO5f5vS.png
JHqnR5C.png
YMPbu9R.png

===

~ WISHLIST | FAQ
~ CLAN LORE
~ BIO RESOURCES
~ BALDWIN RENTING
~ KINGDOMLOCKE

===
===
G5TXkiW.png
[columns] [color=transparent]__________________[/color] [nextcol] [center][font=times new roman] [size=7][size=4]{ facestealer }[/size][/size] [size=4] the facestealer is not a dragon, nor a beastclan, not even an animal. no, the rumours all say that it’s formed out of the things you don’t notice, like the shadows the sun’s rays cast upon you, or the reflection that you see in the mirror as you brush your teeth. it preys on not your weaknesses, not your trauma, but rather all that you love about yourself. legends say it was a mistake that the Island had made, while preparing Itself for more dragons on Its land. the facestealer had been born from a bad night’s dream, and materialised into existence in the moonlight with arcane magic. it isn’t actively hostile towards dragons or creatures unless they provoke it in turn. still, there is not much to gain from having another wear your face and your cloths, pretending to be you in the worst of senses. if you find yourself being told of sightings of yourself in places you’ve never been to before, or even see “yourself” doing something you’re not doing, you must bring along a candle crafted by your own hands, something to light it up, a piece of clothing that you’ve worn recently, and walk out in the night. head to the front of Wishkeeper’s Keep. take a turn to the right, and face the forest that you see. say the words, “facestealer, throw away what is not yours. facestealer, throw away what you have stolen. facestealer, give me back what is mine and only [i]mine[/i].” after saying those words, light the candle on fire, burn the piece of clothing, and throw both of them into the forest. then, return home and head to sleep. when you wake up the next morning, you will feel refreshed and at ease. head to the forest and you will not find any sign of the candle nor your burnt clothing. that means the facestealer has heard, and it has left you alone. be gracious. be glad. do not go seeking out for it again. but if you make a single mistake in those steps, if you do not heed these words as the law of the facestealer… well, the law of the beasts is not a fickle thing, and you’ll find that the facestealer will steal more than just your face. for example… your [i]life[/i]. [/center] [nextcol] [color=transparent]__________________[/color] [/columns] [rule] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70285392][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/702854/70285392p.png[/img][/url]: What are the odds they got it from that weird prank I was in, hm? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70285391][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/702854/70285391p.png[/img][/url]: Oh, [i]definitely[/i]. To be fair, though, it does make a good folktale. (notes: a little thing in recognition of Lifter’s past colours lol)

{ facestealer }

the facestealer is not a dragon, nor a beastclan, not even an animal. no, the rumours all say that it’s formed out of the things you don’t notice, like the shadows the sun’s rays cast upon you, or the reflection that you see in the mirror as you brush your teeth. it preys on not your weaknesses, not your trauma, but rather all that you love about yourself.

legends say it was a mistake that the Island had made, while preparing Itself for more dragons on Its land. the facestealer had been born from a bad night’s dream, and materialised into existence in the moonlight with arcane magic. it isn’t actively hostile towards dragons or creatures unless they provoke it in turn. still, there is not much to gain from having another wear your face and your cloths, pretending to be you in the worst of senses.

if you find yourself being told of sightings of yourself in places you’ve never been to before, or even see “yourself” doing something you’re not doing, you must bring along a candle crafted by your own hands, something to light it up, a piece of clothing that you’ve worn recently, and walk out in the night. head to the front of Wishkeeper’s Keep. take a turn to the right, and face the forest that you see.

say the words, “facestealer, throw away what is not yours. facestealer, throw away what you have stolen. facestealer, give me back what is mine and only mine.” after saying those words, light the candle on fire, burn the piece of clothing, and throw both of them into the forest. then, return home and head to sleep.

when you wake up the next morning, you will feel refreshed and at ease. head to the forest and you will not find any sign of the candle nor your burnt clothing. that means the facestealer has heard, and it has left you alone. be gracious. be glad. do not go seeking out for it again.

but if you make a single mistake in those steps, if you do not heed these words as the law of the facestealer… well, the law of the beasts is not a fickle thing, and you’ll find that the facestealer will steal more than just your face. for example… your life.

70285392p.png: What are the odds they got it from that weird prank I was in, hm?
70285391p.png: Oh, definitely. To be fair, though, it does make a good folktale.

(notes: a little thing in recognition of Lifter’s past colours lol)
lore sales!! ==

TO5f5vS.png
JHqnR5C.png
YMPbu9R.png

===

~ WISHLIST | FAQ
~ CLAN LORE
~ BIO RESOURCES
~ BALDWIN RENTING
~ KINGDOMLOCKE

===
===
G5TXkiW.png
[center][size=6][font=Imprint][color= #583666][b]Island Gothic (I guess?)[/b][/size][/font][/color] characters involved: a lot of dragons. i am not listing down all of these dragons notes: Um yeah tried to go for Vibes and failed miserably. makes for good lore though which is the whole point of this so I suppose it’s alright I guess this could be considered a dark!au? the actual Island is nicer than this i swear Also incomplete. I’ll come back to this when I feel like it [rule][/center] [list] [*] The Island is Everywhere. It Sees all. You know you’re supposed to be creeped out, but everything is just so [i]nice[/i], and It is so [i]kind[/i]… [*] They all say the Island’s split biomes are from the Arcanist’s magic; a product of its byproduct. You try to see how it splits, once, and for a moment, something different flickers in front of your eyes — something less blending, something less natural, something more [i]distorted[/i]. You blink again, and it’s back to normal. You have a migraine for the rest of the day. [*] You ask around for how long some of them have lived on the Island for. They all give different answers, but all of the ones that say they were born on the Island always laugh. [*] The Bounty of the Fields isn’t numbered. There are no signs or pointers to where you have to go to find a certain field. Somehow, you never get lost. Somehow, there’s always someone with you, leading you, even though you’ve never met them. [*] “The harvest is good this year!” you hear a Fae cheer. Intrigued, you follow him to his fields, and find rows and rows of trees. None of them have fruits. None of them have leaves. At least, none that you can see. [*] Folktales are often fake. You never believed in those things, and you’ll never believe in them here, on the Island. At least, that’s what you thought, until you walked out of a bathroom and brushed past a dragon looking exactly like you, down to your clothes and your mannerisms. [*] You can smell smoke in the air near a forest. You see a rope hanging on a branch. You don’t go in, because you’re not sure what would happen to you if you did. You’re not sure if it’s your own instincts, or the Island’s will. [*] You do not remember how you found the Island. You cannot really remember most of anything before either, unless they come up in conversation. [*] You see a visitor get bitten by a skeleton-like hatchling of a Skydancer. As the visitor curses, you look around. Every other dragon has a dark look in their eyes. You never see the visitor again. [*] The Island is sentient. You do not know how much power It has. You do not know what It has heard or seen. You do not think you want to know. [*] The Island is abuzz with preparations for the upcoming festival. You wake up three days later with an empty memory of the days before, a charm locked around your neck, and a chicken leg clutched in your hand. [*] You try to leave the Island. You laugh at the idiot who tries to leave the Island. What were they thinking, when you decided to try and leave the Island? It’s nice to stay here! Besides, don’t they have nowhere else to go? Don’t you like it here? [*] You suffer an injury from falling out of the sky. You are taken to the hospital, and a tiny Mirror in blue inspects you. “All good,” he declares, pouting. “Come back soon!” [*] You meet the Oracle. You have never seen him leave his Keep. “It’s for protection,” everyone always says, but he chatters about fighting and freedom, and he always, [i]always[/i] looks sad. When the Leader comes to collect you, you see his eyes turn bright once more. [/list]
Island Gothic (I guess?)
characters involved:
a lot of dragons. i am not listing down all of these dragons

notes:
Um yeah tried to go for Vibes and failed miserably. makes for good lore though which is the whole point of this so I suppose it’s alright
I guess this could be considered a dark!au? the actual Island is nicer than this i swear
Also incomplete. I’ll come back to this when I feel like it
  • The Island is Everywhere. It Sees all. You know you’re supposed to be creeped out, but everything is just so nice, and It is so kind
  • They all say the Island’s split biomes are from the Arcanist’s magic; a product of its byproduct. You try to see how it splits, once, and for a moment, something different flickers in front of your eyes — something less blending, something less natural, something more distorted. You blink again, and it’s back to normal. You have a migraine for the rest of the day.
  • You ask around for how long some of them have lived on the Island for. They all give different answers, but all of the ones that say they were born on the Island always laugh.
  • The Bounty of the Fields isn’t numbered. There are no signs or pointers to where you have to go to find a certain field. Somehow, you never get lost. Somehow, there’s always someone with you, leading you, even though you’ve never met them.
  • “The harvest is good this year!” you hear a Fae cheer. Intrigued, you follow him to his fields, and find rows and rows of trees. None of them have fruits. None of them have leaves. At least, none that you can see.
  • Folktales are often fake. You never believed in those things, and you’ll never believe in them here, on the Island. At least, that’s what you thought, until you walked out of a bathroom and brushed past a dragon looking exactly like you, down to your clothes and your mannerisms.
  • You can smell smoke in the air near a forest. You see a rope hanging on a branch. You don’t go in, because you’re not sure what would happen to you if you did. You’re not sure if it’s your own instincts, or the Island’s will.
  • You do not remember how you found the Island. You cannot really remember most of anything before either, unless they come up in conversation.
  • You see a visitor get bitten by a skeleton-like hatchling of a Skydancer. As the visitor curses, you look around. Every other dragon has a dark look in their eyes. You never see the visitor again.
  • The Island is sentient. You do not know how much power It has. You do not know what It has heard or seen. You do not think you want to know.
  • The Island is abuzz with preparations for the upcoming festival. You wake up three days later with an empty memory of the days before, a charm locked around your neck, and a chicken leg clutched in your hand.
  • You try to leave the Island. You laugh at the idiot who tries to leave the Island. What were they thinking, when you decided to try and leave the Island? It’s nice to stay here! Besides, don’t they have nowhere else to go? Don’t you like it here?
  • You suffer an injury from falling out of the sky. You are taken to the hospital, and a tiny Mirror in blue inspects you. “All good,” he declares, pouting. “Come back soon!”
  • You meet the Oracle. You have never seen him leave his Keep. “It’s for protection,” everyone always says, but he chatters about fighting and freedom, and he always, always looks sad. When the Leader comes to collect you, you see his eyes turn bright once more.
lore sales!! ==

TO5f5vS.png
JHqnR5C.png
YMPbu9R.png

===

~ WISHLIST | FAQ
~ CLAN LORE
~ BIO RESOURCES
~ BALDWIN RENTING
~ KINGDOMLOCKE

===
===
G5TXkiW.png
[right][url= https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3074333/5#post_49688886][b]next >[/b][/url][/right] [rule] [center][size=6][font=Imprint][color= #583666][b]first meetings[/b][/size][/font][/color] characters involved: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71165058][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/711651/71165058.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71400445][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/714005/71400445.png[/img][/url] [b]Nexe[/b][color=transparent]===============[/color][b]Dicypher[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71165056][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/711651/71165056.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71165057][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/711651/71165057.png[/img][/url] [b]Bei[/b][color=transparent]================[/color][b]Sayn[/b] series: [url= https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3074333#post_49497465][b]si vis amari, ama - Darkly Beloved[/b][/url] notes: she/her for Dicypher, he/they for Nexe. [rule][/center] Dicypher has worked as an assassin for most of her life. She can barely remember what had driven her to be apart of the small but deadly organisation, but she knows she’d done it to protect and care for someone dear to her heart. Someone kind, who kissed her wounds and chided her every time she returned home. She remembers them being sickly, among a few other things. Not that any of those things matter now; they’re dead, and have been dead for the past decade or so. And with nowhere else to go, what else could Dicypher do but stick with the organisation? The organisation, small as it may be, has its workers for a reason. Preying on desperate dragons, offering them what they need in exchange for services, slowly tightening the thread around their necks until they feel lost being anywhere else and doing anything else than what the organisation tells them to do. It’s cruel, but it’s Dicypher’s life, as one of the few pawns on their chessboard. Now, seventeen years since she’s been enlisted in the organisation, she’s an assassin. One of those in the ‘top ranks’ — although, considering there’s only ten of them, that doesn’t mean much — and very much busy with all the work the bosses pile on her, what with her unique ability of controlling thin, ghost-like limbs that stretch from her body, allowing her to attack multiple creatures at ease and take care of business quickly. Dicypher is used to this life. It’s why she doesn’t flinch when, mere seconds after she delivers the body of a young Fae — and she doesn’t even think about the fact that the Fae had only just become an adult, celebrating in a bar for their birthday — she gets another mission. The pictures she gets are of three siblings: a Skydancer and two Pearlcatchers. They’re all dressed up in matching outfits, although from what she hears from the bosses, the Skydancer is the leader of a mysterious island, and the Pearlcatchers are her guards. “They’ve been a nuisance in one of my other businesses,” one of her bosses remarks, distaste evident in her voice. “Better to get rid of them before anything else happens, don’t you think?” “Very smart,” her other boss says. “Since this is a more… private deal, and not from commissions, you’ll be getting time off instead of any payment as usual.” Dicypher nods. She knows now that they never live up to it; calling her back a few hours into her time off for a mission with promises of extra payment and threats if she doesn’t come back. “Well? Off you go. They’re nearby; good time to catch the three of them if you’re quick enough.” It’s deliberately provoking. Whatever. Dicypher is one of the fastest in the organisation for a reason — a blink and a breath later, and she’s gone like the wind, searching for the mission’s targets. [center]—————[/center] The siblings are strolling through a forest. If Dicypher hadn’t known who they were, she would’ve thought they were simply a group of friends or travellers. The Pearlcatchers certainly don’t [i]act[/i] like bodyguards; they tease and push at their sister in the middle, who strikes back with equal force and playfulness. They seem completely at ease with their surroundings, as if they’ve never faced assassinations or murder attempts before. Perhaps they haven’t; the file did say they’ve only started heading out. Perhaps they’ve never been targeted by someone until now. Still, it’s like a dream for Dicypher, to be as comfortable as they seem to be. To be as [i]happy[/i] as they are. As she watches and listens to them chat, she can’t help but frown at how naive they are. She sighs as she sees the black Pearlcatcher split off to explore, with the other two staying behind. Too naive. Too overconfident. They’ll die easily as this rate. She’s honestly surprised they haven’t died earlier. Still, it does give her a good opportunity. She follows after the black Pearlcatcher, and catches him kneeling in front of a particularly beautiful bloom of gardenias. They seem like an easy target. Dicypher hums, tucking most of her weapons and ghostly limbs away. She has to admit, she is a little curious about how they’ve survived for so long. Surely a little talk before she kills him wouldn’t hurt much, would it? Well, wouldn’t hurt anyone but the Pearlcatcher, but that was a given from the start. “What’s a Pearl like you doing here?” she asks, stepping out from the bushes she’d been hiding in. The Pearlcatcher turns around, and she can see the surprise in their eyes. “I didn’t realise there was someone else here, sorry,” the bodyguard apologises. The calm and serene type, huh? “It’s fine,” she laughs, moving closer. “You still haven’t answered my question, though?” “Hm…” they chuckle. “Well, what am I getting out of this?” “An answer from me, to a question you’d ask,” Dicypher responds. “Well? How does that sound?” “Alright,” they nod. “Well, I’m here on a trip with my siblings. Split off to go see the view.” “Interesting,” Dicypher knows that they are on more than just a simple trip — on many diplomatic trips, actually — but well. She’ll be lying too, so she can’t judge. “Alright, it’s your turn. Shoot it at me.” The bodyguard chuckles. “Maybe later. Would you like to hear a few fun facts?” Oh, her interest is piqued. “Sure. Give me all of it, big guy.” And so it goes on. Dicypher finds herself enjoying the conversation the Pearlcatcher leads her on, as they chat about their (fake) lives and hobbies. She learns more about him than she’s learned about any other mission target, and it’s… fun. Nice, almost. Still, she doesn’t forget about her mission, and especially not about the time. “Say,” she starts casually, after she finishes laughing at a funny situation the bodyguard had found himself in. She still doesn’t know his name, but that’s fine; he doesn’t know hers, either. “You haven’t given me a question to answer yet?” “Hm?” “Back at the beginning. I promised you a question, did I not?” “No, you did. Hmm…” the Pearlcatcher smiles calmly, stretching out his wings as he stands up. “Say, are you an assassin? Or a murderer? Or someone else entirely that’s up to kill me?” Huh. That’s… unexpected. Kind of interesting, too. Oh well. She’d known her ruse would’ve ended sooner or later. Dicypher laughs. She stands up as well, grinning. “Yeah, an assassin. Good catch.” she admits — no use of hiding it now, right? — and whips out a weapon, charging for him without any preamble. It’s time to end this ruse now. [center]—————[/center] “You’re good at this,” the bodyguard compliments her, calm even as they spar. Dicypher is calm as well, although that’s probably going to change as she gets increasingly irritated at the Pearlcatcher’s annoying words. “Thank you,” she says back snappily, lunging out to try and dig her claws into their skin and hold them down, only for him to swerve out of the way and try to take a stab at her, though she dodges that too, body curving in the air. That’s the position they’ve been at — dodging and attacking constantly. She had thought that he would be easy, but it turns out to very much [i]not[/i] be the case; she won’t make the same mistake for the other two, when she’s done with him. She also won’t make the same mistake of trying to make conversation, because by the Eleven is he absolutely [i]annoying[/i]. Chattering weird and senseless things; she never would’ve pegged him to be that sort of dragon. With a scoff, she lets her ghostly limbs out, and shoots forward, limbs stretching out to pin him down. She should’ve used this sooner, she knows, but she wanted to see how the bodyguard would fare first. Thankfully, the bodyguard can’t dodge this time, giving her the perfect position to just end his annoying life once and for all. “Wow, you’ve got strength,” the bodyguard says, even as she’s above him, a knife to his throat and claws digging into his legs. She retracts her ghostly limbs — he’ll be dead soon, anyway, and she’d rather conserve her energy for something else. “I’ll slit your throat,” she hisses, letting the knife dig into the curve of his neck, beading out a tiny droplet of blood. “Maybe that’ll shut your annoying mouth up.” Still irritatingly serene, the bodyguard glances up at her fully, his smile stretching brighter across his face. Perhaps it’s delirium, perhaps it’s him simply being the annoyance she’d never have pegged him as with his initial personality, but he smiles up at her, and he breathes out, “You’re so beautiful.” The knife slips a little deeper. Dicypher quickly yanks it out before it does any permanent damage. The bodyguard has passed out now. By all means, she should stab the knife deeper, leave him with deep and bloody wounds and head off to hunt down the other two. And yet, and [i]yet[/i]. A hand raises up to touch her cheeks. They feel hot to the touch. She’s [i]blushing[/i]. With a shuddery breath, she curls in on herself. She knows her cheeks are bright. She knows it’s an uncharacteristic embarrassment that she feels. And it’s all because of the stupid, foolish Pearlcatcher. The one that called her [i]beautiful[/i] and seemed like he [i]meant[/i] it. Dicypher… doesn’t recall a time when she was complimented on something other than her skills. She must’ve been, back when she was with the kind dragon, but she doesn’t remember it anymore. And yet, now… “I’ll regret this,” she tells herself. How foolish she is, to spare someone simply because they are so [i]kind[/i] to her. Kind to [i]compliment[/i] her. “I’ll regret this, and the organisation will have my head, and I’ll have nowhere else to go to.” She glances at the Pearlcatcher again. Remembers his bright blue eyes. Dicypher groans. [center]—————[/center] She huffs, panting as she drags the Pearlcatcher with her. She’ll face hell when she gets back to meet with her clients, but… as annoying as he is behind the calm and wise facade he puts on, as irritatingly pretty and nice he is… she wants to see him again. Alive, preferably. It’s why she’d left a contact method in his sleeves, after all. Maybe she’ll regret it, maybe she’ll get hunted down when he awakens from his delirious state, but to hell with it. She can treat it as an overdue work done if he does come to try and kill her. …still, if this damn bodyguard doesn’t lose some weight, she might just throw him down a ditch and leave him to fend for himself. When she spots the other two dragons she’d first seen him with — the other bodyguard and the leader of the mysterious Island that her clients hate — she could practically sob in relief. She doesn’t, because she’s better than that. “Take him!” she snaps, catching their attention as she drops the Pearlcatcher’s legs onto the ground, panting. “He’s so heavy, get him to eat less, damnit!” “Wait, aren’t you the-” the other bodyguard tenses up, and Dicypher knows it’s time to flee. “Tell him he’s annoying as well!” she yells as she’s flying away, instincts kicking in to let her get away before the two can get their bearings. Her face turns heated when she remembers what she’s left. No time to regret that now, though. [center]—————[/center] (“His wounds are all bandaged,” Bei observes. “Nothing bad on him either.” “That assassin was weird,” Sayn murmurs, as the two of them sit around their brother’s prone form, waiting for him to wake up and tell them what happened. “If I recall, she’s a pretty strong assassin.” “What if they fell in love?” Bei jokes, and Sayn snickers. “Impossible,” he denies. “No such thing as love at first sight, especially not in a case like this.” “It would be funny, though,” Bei responds back. Her eyes glance over to a part of Nexe’s body, and she reaches out, grabbing something from the inside of Nexe’s sleeve. “Hey, isn’t this…?” “What?” As he says that, Nexe groans, blinking their eyes awake. “What…?” “Hey, take it steady,” Sayn helps them sit up properly. “You good?” “Yeah. Where’s… the assassin?” Nexe blinks, glancing around. “I wanted to…” “Meet up with the assassin again?” Bei snickers, holding up a piece of paper. “Don’t worry, little midnight, I think she like you too. Left her contact and all.” Sayn has never seen his brother lunge for something so fast before, snatching the piece of paper and carefully holding it. It’s [i]weird[/i]. “Seriously, what even happened while you were gone?” Sayn can’t help but question in disbelief. “What sort of impression did you [i]make[/i] on her?” “I…” Nexe’s face could be mistaken for a sun with how brightly they’re blushing. “I… I think I called her pretty. While she was trying to kill me.” Silence. “Brother,” Sayn starts calmly. “Have you heard of the word ‘masochist?’ Because that’s you.” Bei laughs up a storm as Nexe gets up to lunge at him.)

first meetings
characters involved:
71165058.png71400445.png
Nexe===============Dicypher
71165056.png71165057.png
Bei================Sayn

series:
si vis amari, ama - Darkly Beloved

notes: she/her for Dicypher, he/they for Nexe.
Dicypher has worked as an assassin for most of her life.

She can barely remember what had driven her to be apart of the small but deadly organisation, but she knows she’d done it to protect and care for someone dear to her heart. Someone kind, who kissed her wounds and chided her every time she returned home. She remembers them being sickly, among a few other things.

Not that any of those things matter now; they’re dead, and have been dead for the past decade or so. And with nowhere else to go, what else could Dicypher do but stick with the organisation?

The organisation, small as it may be, has its workers for a reason. Preying on desperate dragons, offering them what they need in exchange for services, slowly tightening the thread around their necks until they feel lost being anywhere else and doing anything else than what the organisation tells them to do. It’s cruel, but it’s Dicypher’s life, as one of the few pawns on their chessboard.

Now, seventeen years since she’s been enlisted in the organisation, she’s an assassin. One of those in the ‘top ranks’ — although, considering there’s only ten of them, that doesn’t mean much — and very much busy with all the work the bosses pile on her, what with her unique ability of controlling thin, ghost-like limbs that stretch from her body, allowing her to attack multiple creatures at ease and take care of business quickly.

Dicypher is used to this life. It’s why she doesn’t flinch when, mere seconds after she delivers the body of a young Fae — and she doesn’t even think about the fact that the Fae had only just become an adult, celebrating in a bar for their birthday — she gets another mission.

The pictures she gets are of three siblings: a Skydancer and two Pearlcatchers. They’re all dressed up in matching outfits, although from what she hears from the bosses, the Skydancer is the leader of a mysterious island, and the Pearlcatchers are her guards.

“They’ve been a nuisance in one of my other businesses,” one of her bosses remarks, distaste evident in her voice. “Better to get rid of them before anything else happens, don’t you think?”

“Very smart,” her other boss says. “Since this is a more… private deal, and not from commissions, you’ll be getting time off instead of any payment as usual.”

Dicypher nods. She knows now that they never live up to it; calling her back a few hours into her time off for a mission with promises of extra payment and threats if she doesn’t come back.

“Well? Off you go. They’re nearby; good time to catch the three of them if you’re quick enough.”

It’s deliberately provoking.

Whatever. Dicypher is one of the fastest in the organisation for a reason — a blink and a breath later, and she’s gone like the wind, searching for the mission’s targets.
—————

The siblings are strolling through a forest. If Dicypher hadn’t known who they were, she would’ve thought they were simply a group of friends or travellers.

The Pearlcatchers certainly don’t act like bodyguards; they tease and push at their sister in the middle, who strikes back with equal force and playfulness. They seem completely at ease with their surroundings, as if they’ve never faced assassinations or murder attempts before. Perhaps they haven’t; the file did say they’ve only started heading out. Perhaps they’ve never been targeted by someone until now.

Still, it’s like a dream for Dicypher, to be as comfortable as they seem to be. To be as happy as they are.

As she watches and listens to them chat, she can’t help but frown at how naive they are. She sighs as she sees the black Pearlcatcher split off to explore, with the other two staying behind.

Too naive. Too overconfident.

They’ll die easily as this rate. She’s honestly surprised they haven’t died earlier.

Still, it does give her a good opportunity. She follows after the black Pearlcatcher, and catches him kneeling in front of a particularly beautiful bloom of gardenias.

They seem like an easy target. Dicypher hums, tucking most of her weapons and ghostly limbs away.

She has to admit, she is a little curious about how they’ve survived for so long. Surely a little talk before she kills him wouldn’t hurt much, would it?

Well, wouldn’t hurt anyone but the Pearlcatcher, but that was a given from the start.

“What’s a Pearl like you doing here?” she asks, stepping out from the bushes she’d been hiding in. The Pearlcatcher turns around, and she can see the surprise in their eyes.

“I didn’t realise there was someone else here, sorry,” the bodyguard apologises. The calm and serene type, huh?

“It’s fine,” she laughs, moving closer. “You still haven’t answered my question, though?”

“Hm…” they chuckle. “Well, what am I getting out of this?”

“An answer from me, to a question you’d ask,” Dicypher responds. “Well? How does that sound?”

“Alright,” they nod. “Well, I’m here on a trip with my siblings. Split off to go see the view.”

“Interesting,” Dicypher knows that they are on more than just a simple trip — on many diplomatic trips, actually — but well. She’ll be lying too, so she can’t judge. “Alright, it’s your turn. Shoot it at me.”

The bodyguard chuckles. “Maybe later. Would you like to hear a few fun facts?”

Oh, her interest is piqued. “Sure. Give me all of it, big guy.”

And so it goes on. Dicypher finds herself enjoying the conversation the Pearlcatcher leads her on, as they chat about their (fake) lives and hobbies. She learns more about him than she’s learned about any other mission target, and it’s… fun. Nice, almost.

Still, she doesn’t forget about her mission, and especially not about the time. “Say,” she starts casually, after she finishes laughing at a funny situation the bodyguard had found himself in. She still doesn’t know his name, but that’s fine; he doesn’t know hers, either. “You haven’t given me a question to answer yet?”

“Hm?”

“Back at the beginning. I promised you a question, did I not?”

“No, you did. Hmm…” the Pearlcatcher smiles calmly, stretching out his wings as he stands up. “Say, are you an assassin? Or a murderer? Or someone else entirely that’s up to kill me?”

Huh. That’s… unexpected. Kind of interesting, too.

Oh well. She’d known her ruse would’ve ended sooner or later.

Dicypher laughs. She stands up as well, grinning.

“Yeah, an assassin. Good catch.” she admits — no use of hiding it now, right? — and whips out a weapon, charging for him without any preamble.

It’s time to end this ruse now.
—————

“You’re good at this,” the bodyguard compliments her, calm even as they spar. Dicypher is calm as well, although that’s probably going to change as she gets increasingly irritated at the Pearlcatcher’s annoying words.

“Thank you,” she says back snappily, lunging out to try and dig her claws into their skin and hold them down, only for him to swerve out of the way and try to take a stab at her, though she dodges that too, body curving in the air.

That’s the position they’ve been at — dodging and attacking constantly. She had thought that he would be easy, but it turns out to very much not be the case; she won’t make the same mistake for the other two, when she’s done with him.

She also won’t make the same mistake of trying to make conversation, because by the Eleven is he absolutely annoying. Chattering weird and senseless things; she never would’ve pegged him to be that sort of dragon.

With a scoff, she lets her ghostly limbs out, and shoots forward, limbs stretching out to pin him down. She should’ve used this sooner, she knows, but she wanted to see how the bodyguard would fare first.

Thankfully, the bodyguard can’t dodge this time, giving her the perfect position to just end his annoying life once and for all.

“Wow, you’ve got strength,” the bodyguard says, even as she’s above him, a knife to his throat and claws digging into his legs. She retracts her ghostly limbs — he’ll be dead soon, anyway, and she’d rather conserve her energy for something else.

“I’ll slit your throat,” she hisses, letting the knife dig into the curve of his neck, beading out a tiny droplet of blood. “Maybe that’ll shut your annoying mouth up.”

Still irritatingly serene, the bodyguard glances up at her fully, his smile stretching brighter across his face. Perhaps it’s delirium, perhaps it’s him simply being the annoyance she’d never have pegged him as with his initial personality, but he smiles up at her, and he breathes out, “You’re so beautiful.”

The knife slips a little deeper. Dicypher quickly yanks it out before it does any permanent damage.

The bodyguard has passed out now. By all means, she should stab the knife deeper, leave him with deep and bloody wounds and head off to hunt down the other two.

And yet, and yet.

A hand raises up to touch her cheeks. They feel hot to the touch.

She’s blushing.

With a shuddery breath, she curls in on herself. She knows her cheeks are bright. She knows it’s an uncharacteristic embarrassment that she feels.

And it’s all because of the stupid, foolish Pearlcatcher.

The one that called her beautiful and seemed like he meant it.

Dicypher… doesn’t recall a time when she was complimented on something other than her skills. She must’ve been, back when she was with the kind dragon, but she doesn’t remember it anymore. And yet, now…

“I’ll regret this,” she tells herself. How foolish she is, to spare someone simply because they are so kind to her. Kind to compliment her. “I’ll regret this, and the organisation will have my head, and I’ll have nowhere else to go to.”

She glances at the Pearlcatcher again. Remembers his bright blue eyes.

Dicypher groans.
—————

She huffs, panting as she drags the Pearlcatcher with her. She’ll face hell when she gets back to meet with her clients, but… as annoying as he is behind the calm and wise facade he puts on, as irritatingly pretty and nice he is… she wants to see him again. Alive, preferably.

It’s why she’d left a contact method in his sleeves, after all. Maybe she’ll regret it, maybe she’ll get hunted down when he awakens from his delirious state, but to hell with it. She can treat it as an overdue work done if he does come to try and kill her.

…still, if this damn bodyguard doesn’t lose some weight, she might just throw him down a ditch and leave him to fend for himself.

When she spots the other two dragons she’d first seen him with — the other bodyguard and the leader of the mysterious Island that her clients hate — she could practically sob in relief. She doesn’t, because she’s better than that.

“Take him!” she snaps, catching their attention as she drops the Pearlcatcher’s legs onto the ground, panting. “He’s so heavy, get him to eat less, damnit!”

“Wait, aren’t you the-” the other bodyguard tenses up, and Dicypher knows it’s time to flee.

“Tell him he’s annoying as well!” she yells as she’s flying away, instincts kicking in to let her get away before the two can get their bearings. Her face turns heated when she remembers what she’s left. No time to regret that now, though.
—————

(“His wounds are all bandaged,” Bei observes. “Nothing bad on him either.”

“That assassin was weird,” Sayn murmurs, as the two of them sit around their brother’s prone form, waiting for him to wake up and tell them what happened. “If I recall, she’s a pretty strong assassin.”

“What if they fell in love?” Bei jokes, and Sayn snickers.

“Impossible,” he denies. “No such thing as love at first sight, especially not in a case like this.”

“It would be funny, though,” Bei responds back. Her eyes glance over to a part of Nexe’s body, and she reaches out, grabbing something from the inside of Nexe’s sleeve. “Hey, isn’t this…?”

“What?”

As he says that, Nexe groans, blinking their eyes awake. “What…?”

“Hey, take it steady,” Sayn helps them sit up properly. “You good?”

“Yeah. Where’s… the assassin?” Nexe blinks, glancing around. “I wanted to…”

“Meet up with the assassin again?” Bei snickers, holding up a piece of paper. “Don’t worry, little midnight, I think she like you too. Left her contact and all.”

Sayn has never seen his brother lunge for something so fast before, snatching the piece of paper and carefully holding it. It’s weird.

“Seriously, what even happened while you were gone?” Sayn can’t help but question in disbelief. “What sort of impression did you make on her?”

“I…” Nexe’s face could be mistaken for a sun with how brightly they’re blushing. “I… I think I called her pretty. While she was trying to kill me.”

Silence.

“Brother,” Sayn starts calmly. “Have you heard of the word ‘masochist?’ Because that’s you.”

Bei laughs up a storm as Nexe gets up to lunge at him.)
lore sales!! ==

TO5f5vS.png
JHqnR5C.png
YMPbu9R.png

===

~ WISHLIST | FAQ
~ CLAN LORE
~ BIO RESOURCES
~ BALDWIN RENTING
~ KINGDOMLOCKE