Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | triweekly writing prompts !
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 165 166
Quote:
"No cost," the salesdrake said smugly,
"all benefits. What's not to love?"

"You are the slimiest dealer I've ever met," they deadpanned.

“I need that potion,” Blue said, scales itching with agitation.

“Sounds good to me. What do you want it for?” A massive, metallic-grey Imperial with shiny white wings looked down on the Wildclaw, eyeing him slyly.

“I need it for a friend,” Blue said truthfully. A prickle of dread poked at his mind.

“It’s settled, then.” The dealer took the gold-glowing potion off the shelf and set it down in front of Blue. “No cost, all benefits.” They smiled smugly.

“You are... truly the slimiest dealer I’ve ever met. You’re going to call in that favour, aren’t you?” Blue warily took the potion, urgency tugging at his claws.

“Perhaps. But go on, save that precious friend of yours. I’ll be waiting.”

————

May I be added to the pinglist please? I love writing prompts. (Also this isn’t lore canon : P)
Quote:
"No cost," the salesdrake said smugly,
"all benefits. What's not to love?"

"You are the slimiest dealer I've ever met," they deadpanned.

“I need that potion,” Blue said, scales itching with agitation.

“Sounds good to me. What do you want it for?” A massive, metallic-grey Imperial with shiny white wings looked down on the Wildclaw, eyeing him slyly.

“I need it for a friend,” Blue said truthfully. A prickle of dread poked at his mind.

“It’s settled, then.” The dealer took the gold-glowing potion off the shelf and set it down in front of Blue. “No cost, all benefits.” They smiled smugly.

“You are... truly the slimiest dealer I’ve ever met. You’re going to call in that favour, aren’t you?” Blue warily took the potion, urgency tugging at his claws.

“Perhaps. But go on, save that precious friend of yours. I’ll be waiting.”

————

May I be added to the pinglist please? I love writing prompts. (Also this isn’t lore canon : P)
een4H37dx.png
eecHa0MYt.png
eeO62tc6n.png
acecatcher.png aromcatcher.png
aaaah i'm sorry this is so late [center] [quote=April 10 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]If they were any less frightened, they'd probably be disappointed. [/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @Fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @simplyonewinged @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm [/center]
aaaah i'm sorry this is so late
April 10 2021 wrote:
If they were any less frightened, they'd probably be disappointed.
@Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @Fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @simplyonewinged @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm
poem shop
writing prompts
@Inkwyrm your short is creepy!! Now I'm really worried what the salesman is trying to do! Hopefully not an "a life for a life" thing!! O.o
@Inkwyrm your short is creepy!! Now I'm really worried what the salesman is trying to do! Hopefully not an "a life for a life" thing!! O.o
j4bmArM.pngVdNwmsY.gifkABkpSo.png
@simplyonewinged

Ty!

You’ll have to wait and find out >:P
@simplyonewinged

Ty!

You’ll have to wait and find out >:P
een4H37dx.png
eecHa0MYt.png
eeO62tc6n.png
[quote] If they were any less frightened, they'd probably be disappointed.[/quote] “Why are we here again?” Blue eyed the dragons milling around him warily, wincing as a Snapper stepped on his right foot. “I need to investigate and see if this is the Emperor Hyperion dreamt of,” Chaos said. She craned her neck, peering over a tumbling pile of Fae hatchlings. “I see them.” Chaos lifted off, her orange-yellow scales flashing in the sun. Blue leapt up and caught an air current, following her closely. A massive Emperor with three heads and six wings loomed over the crowd, roaring in anger and confusion. “Doesn’t look very safe to me,” Blue commented, fear creeping into his scales. “Sorry buddy, but I’m gonna have to get a little closer to confirm.” Chaos swooped dangerously close to the Emperor, drawing one of the heads’ attention. Blue saw a glint of light green- it was Wind. Blue decided to try to see the other two heads, since apparently today was Risk Your Life Senselessly day. Bright yellow eyes glared up at him as he swooped overhead, but the other head didn’t even flinch as he dove over its horns. “What are you doing?” Talons shoved Blue out of the sky as the third head suddenly turned up and snapped at where his tail was two seconds ago. Chaos swooped in front of Blue as he tried to see the last head’s eyes. “I am trying to help you confirm-“ “Confirm what? That you almost died twice in the last five minutes?” Chaos dove to the ground, landing in the only open spot nearby. Blue hastily followed her, feeling the wind of massive jaws snap shut right behind him. “Did you-“ “Yes. That’s the one. The last head is fire, and even the rest of their body matches his description. The only question is why this nightmare is so important to him. I mean, he’s not a seer, as far as I know.” Blue shrugged, suddenly exhausted from his fear. “I guess we should report to him now.” Chaos nodded, taking off again. Blue, for one, was glad to be heading away from Luminax; he couldn’t quite understand why there was an entire convention centred around the Emperor, but he wasn’t sure he wanted to know.
Quote:
If they were any less frightened, they'd probably be disappointed.

“Why are we here again?” Blue eyed the dragons milling around him warily, wincing as a Snapper stepped on his right foot.

“I need to investigate and see if this is the Emperor Hyperion dreamt of,” Chaos said. She craned her neck, peering over a tumbling pile of Fae hatchlings. “I see them.”

Chaos lifted off, her orange-yellow scales flashing in the sun. Blue leapt up and caught an air current, following her closely.

A massive Emperor with three heads and six wings loomed over the crowd, roaring in anger and confusion.

“Doesn’t look very safe to me,” Blue commented, fear creeping into his scales.

“Sorry buddy, but I’m gonna have to get a little closer to confirm.” Chaos swooped dangerously close to the Emperor, drawing one of the heads’ attention. Blue saw a glint of light green- it was Wind.

Blue decided to try to see the other two heads, since apparently today was Risk Your Life Senselessly day.

Bright yellow eyes glared up at him as he swooped overhead, but the other head didn’t even flinch as he dove over its horns.

“What are you doing?” Talons shoved Blue out of the sky as the third head suddenly turned up and snapped at where his tail was two seconds ago. Chaos swooped in front of Blue as he tried to see the last head’s eyes.

“I am trying to help you confirm-“

“Confirm what? That you almost died twice in the last five minutes?” Chaos dove to the ground, landing in the only open spot nearby.

Blue hastily followed her, feeling the wind of massive jaws snap shut right behind him. “Did you-“

“Yes. That’s the one. The last head is fire, and even the rest of their body matches his description. The only question is why this nightmare is so important to him. I mean, he’s not a seer, as far as I know.”

Blue shrugged, suddenly exhausted from his fear. “I guess we should report to him now.”

Chaos nodded, taking off again. Blue, for one, was glad to be heading away from Luminax; he couldn’t quite understand why there was an entire convention centred around the Emperor, but he wasn’t sure he wanted to know.
een4H37dx.png
eecHa0MYt.png
eeO62tc6n.png
Alright we’re starting a dragon series.
Arcanum was running for his life. Firestone clung to his back. It was almost impossible. Cupid and psychie had already found a place to hide. The rest of otter cove clan was safe in their dens. But he and the small dragonet were the ones escaping the rouge vines. He hated it here. The clan traveled nearly every week. Of everywhere they went, the wild sactrum was the worst. The vines reached for him. The little dragon clung to his neck. He made it. Back to the caves. The vines were destroying trees everywhere. If he weren’t scared, he would just be sad for the trees.
Alright we’re starting a dragon series.
Arcanum was running for his life. Firestone clung to his back. It was almost impossible. Cupid and psychie had already found a place to hide. The rest of otter cove clan was safe in their dens. But he and the small dragonet were the ones escaping the rouge vines. He hated it here. The clan traveled nearly every week. Of everywhere they went, the wild sactrum was the worst. The vines reached for him. The little dragon clung to his neck. He made it. Back to the caves. The vines were destroying trees everywhere. If he weren’t scared, he would just be sad for the trees.
Jay
They/them
Disociative Identity Disorder system
Please be paitent with us
[center]loving everyone's creativity! [quote=April 11 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]There is nothing to lose, and everything to gain. [/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @Fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @simplyonewinged @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm [/center]
loving everyone's creativity!
April 11 2021 wrote:
There is nothing to lose, and everything to gain.
@Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @Fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @simplyonewinged @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm
poem shop
writing prompts
[quote] There is nothing to lose, and everything to gain.[/quote] [i]Run.[/i] [i]They’re calling from the forest, Howling to the moon and scratching on the trees, Furry coats silver with dreams Of safety Warmth Comfort All luxuries forgotten and tossed away This isn’t child’s play It’s a dangerous game Shady silkie smooth Flowing like velvet It bubbles up and runs out Sickly sweet A tender dream Everything is fine Until suddenly it’s not Snapped a twig Threw a stone Splashed the water Disturbed the deep And then you still wonder about the Shade Consumed by pride Wielding wrath Hungry for more Never enough When will you learn to let go? Too much at stake And yet you treat it as a game[/i] [i]There is nothing to lose Yet everything to gain.[/i]
Quote:
There is nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

Run.

They’re calling from the forest,

Howling to the moon and scratching on the trees,

Furry coats silver with dreams

Of safety

Warmth

Comfort

All luxuries forgotten and tossed away

This isn’t child’s play

It’s a dangerous game

Shady silkie smooth

Flowing like velvet

It bubbles up and runs out

Sickly sweet

A tender dream

Everything is fine

Until suddenly it’s not

Snapped a twig

Threw a stone

Splashed the water

Disturbed the deep

And then you still wonder about the Shade

Consumed by pride

Wielding wrath

Hungry for more

Never enough

When will you learn to let go?

Too much at stake

And yet you treat it as a game

There is nothing to lose

Yet everything to gain.
een4H37dx.png
eecHa0MYt.png
eeO62tc6n.png
[center] [quote=April 12 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]Thornless roses don't exist. But briars do. [/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @Fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @simplyonewinged @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm [/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
Characters: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65770402]Wildrose[/url] Warnings: none [i]Constructive criticism is welcome![/i] [quote=April 12 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]Thornless roses don't exist. But briars do. [/size][/quote] When Wildrose was young, the other veilspun in her swarm had all but shunned her and her family. They'd been outsiders, for one thing; they'd only reluctantly been accepted just before Wildrose had hatched. Her family didn't have the same deep-running roots as the other dragons in the swarm, and even as a young hatchling Wildrose could sense her mother's discomfort whenever the others would talk about some shared childhood experience. That wasn't the real problem, though. The real problem was the thorns. The swarm's tightly-packed, claustrophobic lair, so typical of veilspun dragons, provided little space for other dragons to maneuver themselves around Wildrose and her family without getting scratched by the sharp thorns covering their bodies, and when the swarm curled together for warmth at night there were always problems with someone being pricked or having their wings torn or their hair tangled. The other dragons avoided Wildrose's family like the plague, wanting to avoid accidental injury, and Wildrose grew up an outcast. She hated it. She hated every minute of it. And so, when she came of age, she left the swarm and never looked back. [i]A thornless rose doesn't exist, [/i]she decided. [i]If they can't handle my thorns, then they should find some other flower to pick.[/i]
Characters: Wildrose
Warnings: none
Constructive criticism is welcome!
April 12 2021 wrote:
Thornless roses don't exist. But briars do.

When Wildrose was young, the other veilspun in her swarm had all but shunned her and her family. They'd been outsiders, for one thing; they'd only reluctantly been accepted just before Wildrose had hatched. Her family didn't have the same deep-running roots as the other dragons in the swarm, and even as a young hatchling Wildrose could sense her mother's discomfort whenever the others would talk about some shared childhood experience.

That wasn't the real problem, though. The real problem was the thorns. The swarm's tightly-packed, claustrophobic lair, so typical of veilspun dragons, provided little space for other dragons to maneuver themselves around Wildrose and her family without getting scratched by the sharp thorns covering their bodies, and when the swarm curled together for warmth at night there were always problems with someone being pricked or having their wings torn or their hair tangled.

The other dragons avoided Wildrose's family like the plague, wanting to avoid accidental injury, and Wildrose grew up an outcast. She hated it. She hated every minute of it.

And so, when she came of age, she left the swarm and never looked back.

A thornless rose doesn't exist, she decided. If they can't handle my thorns, then they should find some other flower to pick.
maGaaTX.png
organized signature? i don't know her

she/her - autistic - friend requests welcome
if you're looking for fandragons, Starlight and Aether have links and plans respectively!
Wishlist - Clan Lore
acecatcher.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 165 166