Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | mini fr writing dump
1 2
[center][emoji=old parchment size=1][size=5][font=courier]flightrising writing dump[/size][emoji=old parchment size=1] just a dump for anything fr-related that i write! will include lore for me, lore for others, and anything in between. :> i miiiiiiiiiiiight be able to write lore for you, price would depend on the length/how i'm feeling. if we've talked before it'll probably be free lol [size=1]please do not copy my writing in any way. it's okay to be inspired, but it's not okay to copy my entire setting.
flightrising writing dump

just a dump for anything fr-related that i write! will include lore for me, lore for others, and anything in between. :>

i miiiiiiiiiiiight be able to write lore for you, price would depend on the length/how i'm feeling. if we've talked before it'll probably be free lol

please do not copy my writing in any way.
it's okay to be inspired, but it's not okay to copy my entire setting.
fern1.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif she/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif talk to me about ori
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif don't forget to ping!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif feel free to message :)

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif constantly in need of gems
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif writing dump!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif >:)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif ---
[center][font=courier][size=5][emoji=ping size=1][b]to-do list![/b][emoji=ping size=1][/size] xander's lore [s]xelqua's lore[/s] written, not posted
to-do list!

xander's lore
xelqua's lore written, not posted
fern1.png

reserve #2 for lore or whatevs
reserve #2 for lore or whatevs
fern1.png

[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63860675][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/638607/63860675_350.png[/img][/url] [Font=courier][size=5]lore for Camo[/size] [size=1]requested by skyfrost :>[/size] [font=courier]reference quote: [quote name="Skyfrost" date="2020-10-15 05:45:10" ] He's sorta like those clique professors that were studying some super cursed artifact and got kidnapped or something and now the main characters have to go rescue him. I imagined him as a historian/archeologist/professor/adventurer. Camo's brave and serious, pretty much to opposite of most Pearlcatchers. [/quote] [font=courier][size=5]Backstory[/size] Professor Camo is an eccentric adventurer/archaeologist. For the majority of his early life, he lived in the Tsunami Flats with his parents and siblings. While they were satisfied with the quiet life, Camo wasn't; he wanted to go out into the world and explore, even when he was only a hatchling. So when a ship passed by a few weeks after he was fledged, he jumped on the opportunity to see the world. The ship took him to the Sunbeam Ruins, where he studied under a prestigious Snapper scholar named Elumora; during his time there, he learned a lot about the deities, history, and the ancient artifacts that could be found all around Sorneith. From that day, he made it his goal to find such artifacts, no matter the cost. [Size=5]The Impocalypse [/size] The Impocalypse happened only a few months after Camo was apprenticed to Elumora, though at first he heard only rumors; stories of dragons finding legendary Imperial Scrolls. Elumora told the Pearlcatcher that it was probably nonsense, but Camo thought otherwise. Eventually, though, Elumora couldn't deny the rumors were true when someone in the academy found a Scroll. It was around now that the Tidelord returned. The news spread like a wildfire; all of the Sea of a Thousand Currents was celebrating the return of their deity. Camo was invited home to join the festivities, and decided that a week away from his studies couldn't hurt. After the celebration had died down, Camo returned to the academy to continue his studies... only to learn Elumora (and a lot of the other scholars and archaeologists) had mysteriously disappeared. Only days later, the Sunbeam Ruins flooded, forcing Camo to abandon the academy and travel to the Crystalspine Reaches; one of the last unflooded places in all of Sorneith. [size=5]Present Day[/size] Now, Camo is a well-known adventurer. He constantly travels around in search of magical artifacts left over from before the floods, utilizing his Water magic to survive. Usually he has a few other dragons with him, despite him insisting he can take care of himself. Stern but patient, he teaches dragons about the old world when he isn't on the hunt for relics to earn some extra money. Dragons are often skeptical that someone so young could know so much; after they listen to him talk about an event, those doubts vanish. There's only one thing that intrigues Camo more than the Lorebreaker, the missing deities, or any number of relics; a strange Fae dragon that saved him one day. Ever since the event, he's been searching for them... who knows if he'll ever solve that mystery. [/Font] | @skyfrost what do you think? i can edit stuff in/out :>
63860675_350.png
lore for Camo
requested by skyfrost :>

reference quote:
Skyfrost wrote on 2020-10-15 05:45:10:
He's sorta like those clique professors that were studying some super cursed artifact and got kidnapped or something and now the main characters have to go rescue him. I imagined him as a historian/archeologist/professor/adventurer. Camo's brave and serious, pretty much to opposite of most Pearlcatchers.

Backstory

Professor Camo is an eccentric adventurer/archaeologist. For the majority of his early life, he lived in the Tsunami Flats with his parents and siblings. While they were satisfied with the quiet life, Camo wasn't; he wanted to go out into the world and explore, even when he was only a hatchling. So when a ship passed by a few weeks after he was fledged, he jumped on the opportunity to see the world.

The ship took him to the Sunbeam Ruins, where he studied under a prestigious Snapper scholar named Elumora; during his time there, he learned a lot about the deities, history, and the ancient artifacts that could be found all around Sorneith. From that day, he made it his goal to find such artifacts, no matter the cost.

The Impocalypse

The Impocalypse happened only a few months after Camo was apprenticed to Elumora, though at first he heard only rumors; stories of dragons finding legendary Imperial Scrolls. Elumora told the Pearlcatcher that it was probably nonsense, but Camo thought otherwise. Eventually, though, Elumora couldn't deny the rumors were true when someone in the academy found a Scroll.

It was around now that the Tidelord returned. The news spread like a wildfire; all of the Sea of a Thousand Currents was celebrating the return of their deity. Camo was invited home to join the festivities, and decided that a week away from his studies couldn't hurt.

After the celebration had died down, Camo returned to the academy to continue his studies... only to learn Elumora (and a lot of the other scholars and archaeologists) had mysteriously disappeared. Only days later, the Sunbeam Ruins flooded, forcing Camo to abandon the academy and travel to the Crystalspine Reaches; one of the last unflooded places in all of Sorneith.

Present Day

Now, Camo is a well-known adventurer. He constantly travels around in search of magical artifacts left over from before the floods, utilizing his Water magic to survive. Usually he has a few other dragons with him, despite him insisting he can take care of himself.

Stern but patient, he teaches dragons about the old world when he isn't on the hunt for relics to earn some extra money. Dragons are often skeptical that someone so young could know so much; after they listen to him talk about an event, those doubts vanish.

There's only one thing that intrigues Camo more than the Lorebreaker, the missing deities, or any number of relics; a strange Fae dragon that saved him one day. Ever since the event, he's been searching for them... who knows if he'll ever solve that mystery.

|

@skyfrost
what do you think? i can edit stuff in/out :>
fern1.png

@xxvi
I love it!
But perhaps Camo could be a bit older? He's not over 45(human years) lore-wise.
@xxvi
I love it!
But perhaps Camo could be a bit older? He's not over 45(human years) lore-wise.
Godless-lands-3.png
@skyfrost oki! i wasn't exactly going for an older dragon vibe but i can understand how you got it lol
@skyfrost oki! i wasn't exactly going for an older dragon vibe but i can understand how you got it lol
fern1.png

@xxvi
XD
Yep.
@xxvi
XD
Yep.
Godless-lands-3.png
@skyfrost there, does it work now?
@skyfrost there, does it work now?
fern1.png

@xxvi
IT WORKS!
I edited it a bit. Browsing AH for books apparel...
@xxvi
IT WORKS!
I edited it a bit. Browsing AH for books apparel...
Godless-lands-3.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64011240][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/640113/64011240.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58786335][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/587864/58786335.png[/img][/url] [b][size=5][font=courier][color=#4C0185]V[/color][color=#4B0F8D]i[/color][color=#4B1D95]v[/color][color=#4B2B9D]a[/color] [color=#4B47AD]a[/color][color=#4B55B5]n[/color][color=#4B63BD]d[/color] [color=#4A7FCE]S[/color][color=#4A8DD6]o[/color][color=#4A9BDE]r[/color][color=#4AA9E6]i[/color][color=#4AB7EE]a[/color][color=#4AC5F6]n[/color][/size][/b] [Font=courier][Size=1]my own lore[/size] Sorian and Viva are best friends to the end. Ever since they both showed up on Tricedos' doorstep at the same time, they've been inseperable; [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63487865]Bhalmierth[/url], ever superstitious, jokes that the pair were a Guardian and their charge in a past life. [b][Size=5][color=4c0185]Sorian's Past[/size][/color][/b] Sorian was never the strongest or bravest in her family. In fact, compared to her siblings she was the runt of the litter, making up for her weakness by being the fastest. She could cross the territory in a matter of minutes, which helped her get away with snatching food from other dragons. All in all, her childhood was comfortable. There was always enough to eat, and her home was rarely attacked by anything; there wasn't anything worth pillaging. For the first few years of her life, she had nothing to worry about. Eventually, though, it was time to leave the nest. After two days of preparation, Sorian and her siblings would be driven away. Sorian was the first to leave; packing some rations, she vanished northward before anyone really knew she was going. [b][Size=5][color=4ad4ff]Viva's Past[/color][/size][/b] Viva's childhood, on the other hand, was stricter. Hailing from a prestigious Wind family, she was constantly being told what to do; sit up straight, be polite, don't associate with anyone lower than you. She resented the endless rules, but there wasn't much she could do until she got older. So when Viva was [i] finally[/i] old enough to leave, she wasted no time in packing what she'd need and getting away. She traveled north, passing through clan after clan in search of somewhere good. Eventually, the Skydancer reached Dragonhome, where she was chased by some monsters to the northeastern edge of the territory. There, she ran into Sorian. [Size=5][color=#4C0185]T[/color][color=#4B108D]h[/color][color=#4B1F96]e[/color][color=#4B2E9F]i[/color][color=#4B3DA7]r[/color] [color=#4B5BB9]M[/color][color=#4A6AC1]e[/color][color=#4A79CA]e[/color][color=#4A88D3]t[/color][color=#4A97DB]i[/color][color=#4AA6E4]n[/color][color=#4AB5ED]g[/color][/size] The two crashed right into each other mid-air; [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63058849]Pyrite[/url] heard the two's shouting and came to help them out, then invited them to stay in Tricedos. Both accepted, and from there their friendship bloomed.
64011240.png
58786335.png

Viva and Sorian
my own lore

Sorian and Viva are best friends to the end. Ever since they both showed up on Tricedos' doorstep at the same time, they've been inseperable; Bhalmierth, ever superstitious, jokes that the pair were a Guardian and their charge in a past life.

Sorian's Past

Sorian was never the strongest or bravest in her family. In fact, compared to her siblings she was the runt of the litter, making up for her weakness by being the fastest. She could cross the territory in a matter of minutes, which helped her get away with snatching food from other dragons.

All in all, her childhood was comfortable. There was always enough to eat, and her home was rarely attacked by anything; there wasn't anything worth pillaging. For the first few years of her life, she had nothing to worry about.

Eventually, though, it was time to leave the nest. After two days of preparation, Sorian and her siblings would be driven away. Sorian was the first to leave; packing some rations, she vanished northward before anyone really knew she was going.

Viva's Past

Viva's childhood, on the other hand, was stricter. Hailing from a prestigious Wind family, she was constantly being told what to do; sit up straight, be polite, don't associate with anyone lower than you. She resented the endless rules, but there wasn't much she could do until she got older.

So when Viva was finally old enough to leave, she wasted no time in packing what she'd need and getting away. She traveled north, passing through clan after clan in search of somewhere good. Eventually, the Skydancer reached Dragonhome, where she was chased by some monsters to the northeastern edge of the territory.

There, she ran into Sorian.

Their Meeting

The two crashed right into each other mid-air; Pyrite heard the two's shouting and came to help them out, then invited them to stay in Tricedos. Both accepted, and from there their friendship bloomed.
fern1.png

1 2