Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Free Art for Feedback
1 2 3 4
Alright, thank you! :D
I'm getting around ~100g/kt for headshot and possibly up to 300 for waist up with apparel and familiars. I'll want more feedback, but I think it's a good start!
Alright, thank you! :D
I'm getting around ~100g/kt for headshot and possibly up to 300 for waist up with apparel and familiars. I'll want more feedback, but I think it's a good start!
Adoptables-signature.png
Hello! If you still need practice, feel to try out anyone in this tab!

Just some general advice for starting an art shop: it's good to price low in the beginning, and as you gain an audience, gradually raise your prices. You don't have to do this of course, it's just hard to start out if your prices are too high because it will feel like not many people are interested. That being said, please don't undersell yourself. Remember that 100kt/g is the equivalent of $1, your time and effort is worth at least that much!
Hello! If you still need practice, feel to try out anyone in this tab!

Just some general advice for starting an art shop: it's good to price low in the beginning, and as you gain an audience, gradually raise your prices. You don't have to do this of course, it's just hard to start out if your prices are too high because it will feel like not many people are interested. That being said, please don't undersell yourself. Remember that 100kt/g is the equivalent of $1, your time and effort is worth at least that much!
dbt6reh-5fdc6663-80bb-4820-ac3f-9c9c1b285a24_1.gif
L I L A C S K Y E ddit6wg-2c4f96e0-d29f-4316-9924-168897a6384f.gif

Skylar/Skye | He/him | 21 | FR+3

Wishlist
Art Shop

qXCdzoo.gif iuEBSJ3.png
VDqpTLf.png
xXXQ8Kz.png
w0wBhk1.png
nnBylsC.png
Wg1Qxoe.png
@Lilacskye (hope you don't mind the ping)
Wow your dragons are so pretty I'll definitely give a vibrant derg a go! :0

Just one question, how gradual is a good gradual? I have no idea where the line is where it'd be fine to increase/decrease. I don't want people to feel like they are being ripped off or had a better deal before I raised/lowered the needed funds.
Would it be fine to start off as 100g/kt and then raise it to 130g/kt once it hits maybe 4 pages of interest? Maybe sooner than later? Is 30 too much?
Thank you so much, the community here is so nice qvq
@Lilacskye (hope you don't mind the ping)
Wow your dragons are so pretty I'll definitely give a vibrant derg a go! :0

Just one question, how gradual is a good gradual? I have no idea where the line is where it'd be fine to increase/decrease. I don't want people to feel like they are being ripped off or had a better deal before I raised/lowered the needed funds.
Would it be fine to start off as 100g/kt and then raise it to 130g/kt once it hits maybe 4 pages of interest? Maybe sooner than later? Is 30 too much?
Thank you so much, the community here is so nice qvq
Adoptables-signature.png
@pokeydapuppy I tend to raise mine every couple of months, but I'm also a slow artist. If you're faster than me I think it'd be okay to raise your prices depending on how many commissions you've done rather than how long it's been. You don't have to worry too much if you're only raising it by 30kt, that's not that much and people would still be willing to pay that and more! It'd probably only discourage people if there's a dramatic increase in price, like going from 100kt to 1000kt overnight.

Don't worry about the ping, I don't mind answering questions :)
@pokeydapuppy I tend to raise mine every couple of months, but I'm also a slow artist. If you're faster than me I think it'd be okay to raise your prices depending on how many commissions you've done rather than how long it's been. You don't have to worry too much if you're only raising it by 30kt, that's not that much and people would still be willing to pay that and more! It'd probably only discourage people if there's a dramatic increase in price, like going from 100kt to 1000kt overnight.

Don't worry about the ping, I don't mind answering questions :)

Wishlist
Art Shop

qXCdzoo.gif iuEBSJ3.png
VDqpTLf.png
xXXQ8Kz.png
w0wBhk1.png
nnBylsC.png
Wg1Qxoe.png
@Lilacskye
Oh thank you again! I'm understanding more now. This really helped a lot!!
Also you're art is so cute! Once I have enough I'll have to drop by to get one of my canines done :0 ^^
Then, I saw a lot of bumping. Different websites have rules that differ, such as only bump if it falls off the first page or bump after two days of the latest post. I checked the rules about it in this page https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005262326-Spam but I'm still confused as how we use it. (I apologize for asking here! I could probably use a help thread so I hope I'm not bothering you ><)
@Lilacskye
Oh thank you again! I'm understanding more now. This really helped a lot!!
Also you're art is so cute! Once I have enough I'll have to drop by to get one of my canines done :0 ^^
Then, I saw a lot of bumping. Different websites have rules that differ, such as only bump if it falls off the first page or bump after two days of the latest post. I checked the rules about it in this page https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005262326-Spam but I'm still confused as how we use it. (I apologize for asking here! I could probably use a help thread so I hope I'm not bothering you ><)
Adoptables-signature.png
@pokeydapuppy You're not bothering me at all, and thank you for the compliment!

So, if you do open an art shop it'd go in the art sales forum, which is exempt from the bump rule. That rule is mostly for discussion forums. You can bump as much as you want I think, I've bumped mine multiple times a day before :0
@pokeydapuppy You're not bothering me at all, and thank you for the compliment!

So, if you do open an art shop it'd go in the art sales forum, which is exempt from the bump rule. That rule is mostly for discussion forums. You can bump as much as you want I think, I've bumped mine multiple times a day before :0

Wishlist
Art Shop

qXCdzoo.gif iuEBSJ3.png
VDqpTLf.png
xXXQ8Kz.png
w0wBhk1.png
nnBylsC.png
Wg1Qxoe.png
Ahh, okay! Thank you for answering all of my questions XD I don't have any more currently, but if I do at least I know where to go ^^ Have an amazing day and thanks once again!! :D [emoji=heart size=1]
Ahh, okay! Thank you for answering all of my questions XD
I don't have any more currently, but if I do at least I know where to go ^^
Have an amazing day and thanks once again!! :D
Adoptables-signature.png
@Tirtouga678 Here is Pantomime!! As soon as I saw her, I knew I had to do her. I love her small bio ^^ [img]https://i.postimg.cc/GmrNyqGD/Pantomime.png[/img] I tried to challenge myself with a basic scenery and a lot of apparel. Definitely took the longest! I'm honestly really happy with how this one came out, I'm either beginning to adapt dragons into my style(or my style getting adapted into dragons) or just okay with Nocturnes. (it's funny to see the progress where it started being mildly cute(?) and then gets more cooler in later pieces) Anything in particular I can try to improve on? Or maybe what I did well? Also a price you'd give? I want to be able to do even more complex and serious dergs. I hope you like her!! Edit: Oop, I double posted. Is that allowed? XD ^^"
@Tirtouga678
Here is Pantomime!! As soon as I saw her, I knew I had to do her. I love her small bio ^^
Pantomime.png
I tried to challenge myself with a basic scenery and a lot of apparel. Definitely took the longest! I'm honestly really happy with how this one came out, I'm either beginning to adapt dragons into my style(or my style getting adapted into dragons) or just okay with Nocturnes. (it's funny to see the progress where it started being mildly cute(?) and then gets more cooler in later pieces)
Anything in particular I can try to improve on? Or maybe what I did well? Also a price you'd give? I want to be able to do even more complex and serious dergs. I hope you like her!!

Edit: Oop, I double posted. Is that allowed? XD ^^"
Adoptables-signature.png
@pokeydapuppy

Oh my GOSH I love it. For starters, I think your style is really adorable and my little disappearing bean really comes out well in your style! I also really like the lighting. I just think that you can try making the lineart slightly clearer at the face area, esp since both the line and scale colours are dark. Try and make the edges more defined, whether you’re using clean lines or lineless styles. But in general I think it was good! In general, from my experience stalking art shops I’d say that’s at least 100kt or more? Maybe 200? Idk, to be honest, since I mostly do art trades or PWYW. I think you can start off with a lower price to attract more customers before eventually increasing the price based on how much more effort you put in.

Regarding what you said about drawing more serious dragons: I gotta say, I can’t help you much with that. Same problem over here! But I think making the expression more stoic...? Hmm

Lmk if you’d like to try some more difficult genes + accent!

Edit: I wrote so much :0
@pokeydapuppy

Oh my GOSH I love it. For starters, I think your style is really adorable and my little disappearing bean really comes out well in your style! I also really like the lighting. I just think that you can try making the lineart slightly clearer at the face area, esp since both the line and scale colours are dark. Try and make the edges more defined, whether you’re using clean lines or lineless styles. But in general I think it was good! In general, from my experience stalking art shops I’d say that’s at least 100kt or more? Maybe 200? Idk, to be honest, since I mostly do art trades or PWYW. I think you can start off with a lower price to attract more customers before eventually increasing the price based on how much more effort you put in.

Regarding what you said about drawing more serious dragons: I gotta say, I can’t help you much with that. Same problem over here! But I think making the expression more stoic...? Hmm

Lmk if you’d like to try some more difficult genes + accent!

Edit: I wrote so much :0
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

Could I get something of Royale? If he doesn't interest you, any of my permababs! Thnx! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62054617][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/620547/62054617_350.png[/img][/url]
Could I get something of Royale? If he doesn't interest you, any of my permababs! Thnx!
62054617_350.png
1 2 3 4