Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Conlang project! In progress...loading..
Hello, hello! I've seen a lot of folks create their own languages on site and for some movies and got inspired to take this incredible quest myself! For lore purposes of course and good fun times!

And I already have a project that I'm rebooting yet again, keeping the old name because I have no idea what new name to give so..yep. Second post and on is going to be the main event.

(Man I'm gonna have a lot to dig out and quote before kickstarting this snowball avalanche huh? )
=×====[ Posts to jump to ]====×=

Historical Text Curious to know what this project is about? Why it started?

The introductory post has you covered, that along with some notes and what other useful information about the project. This language is still very much into the proto stage and frankly..I'm suspecting for it to stay that way.
But that's alright. UvU

1595170584858.png
|| Aims || ||Notes||
Interested in my random rambling thoughts?

A post dedicated entirely to all of my language project related notes and what I'm hoping to achieve creation-wise. Also some clan lore blurbs and such still related to the project.
So, there will be a lot of edits going on here with updates noted here to prevent disrupting the flow.

Did I forget to mention that this is a glossary of sorts?

Forgotten Poet's Tools Feast your eyes on the mighty dictionary!

Where all the words are kept in alphabetical order from A all the way up to Z- one single post.
(Wheeze ran out of what else to say. TwT") I'm giving myself so much space on purpose to get the habit of being a touch more descriptive.

Book of Urban Legends
Toridae Mythology
Battered Book of Fables
[ Just random notes ]
Aged Tome
[ Q&A ]
Weathered Grimoire
[ Beginner's guide ]
Hello, hello! I've seen a lot of folks create their own languages on site and for some movies and got inspired to take this incredible quest myself! For lore purposes of course and good fun times!

And I already have a project that I'm rebooting yet again, keeping the old name because I have no idea what new name to give so..yep. Second post and on is going to be the main event.

(Man I'm gonna have a lot to dig out and quote before kickstarting this snowball avalanche huh? )
=×====[ Posts to jump to ]====×=

Historical Text Curious to know what this project is about? Why it started?

The introductory post has you covered, that along with some notes and what other useful information about the project. This language is still very much into the proto stage and frankly..I'm suspecting for it to stay that way.
But that's alright. UvU

1595170584858.png
|| Aims || ||Notes||
Interested in my random rambling thoughts?

A post dedicated entirely to all of my language project related notes and what I'm hoping to achieve creation-wise. Also some clan lore blurbs and such still related to the project.
So, there will be a lot of edits going on here with updates noted here to prevent disrupting the flow.

Did I forget to mention that this is a glossary of sorts?

Forgotten Poet's Tools Feast your eyes on the mighty dictionary!

Where all the words are kept in alphabetical order from A all the way up to Z- one single post.
(Wheeze ran out of what else to say. TwT") I'm giving myself so much space on purpose to get the habit of being a touch more descriptive.

Book of Urban Legends
Toridae Mythology
Battered Book of Fables
[ Just random notes ]
Aged Tome
[ Q&A ]
Weathered Grimoire
[ Beginner's guide ]
1623183848670.png Clan Tainted shadows
——————————
Lore clan
+9H FR
"Don't forget to smile from time to time."
1617910529009-1.png Always interested in RPing!
Bio codes! (Free)
Introduction to the project!
original wrote:
Introduction
"Wyvern,what is all this nonsense? What are these wacky words?"

Well friends,this is a newly created language called Language of Sages or how I more oftentimes refer to it as Old speech.-And also an example that imagination and creativity knows absolutely no limits and even less,shame.
So here I am,creating my very own wacky and maybe cool looking language from scratch with nothing but my creativity in it's finest chaotic form.

"But Wyvern,why bother to go through all the hassle of creating it?"
A good question that desirves a good answer,and by that I mean-explanation.
The short version is: Simply because it's really fun!

Now the longer version: I've been playing a few games,reading a bunch of sites and watched some cool movies where the races have a unique language that differs them from the others.
Take for example Lord of the rings and James Cameron's Avatar:

Every race from elves to the blue alien savages known as Na'vi have a language that sounds really cool,and so I sat down and started thinking-why not make a language for my dragons and beasts here on Flight rising? Technically they are different races living together,at least according to my lore,assuming you've already skimmed through it enough to know what I'm talking about now.

"Dragons already have their own languages,same goes for the Beastclans!"
Here I can debate with you.
Sure,the Beastclans have their own languages but the dragons? If you read through the various breeds in the site-or wiki-encyclopedia,you'll likely notice that so far only Coatls have their own native language that consists of mismatched whistles,clicks and so on.

Alright,all questions answered? Yes? Great! Let's progress to the next and essential part of this probably ungodly long post!

-- Furthermore, about the "dragons don't really have their own language aside from a few handful of breeds" I say to my younger self this: Is draconian a joke to you?
Now back on track, I started creating this language with the second motifs of lore so that my clan has a unique to them language that would make them stand out from the other dragons and beastfolk around Sornienth.

Now, in this second reboot, I'm going to dive in with the former spirit and a pinch of the new set of knowledge that I have learned during the first reboot. (Where I also learned that sometimes too many cooks can spoil the soup. I.e. ruin the whole thing albeit unintentionally. )

So what I will do is revert back to coining up words using the Latin alphabet and give them meanings, and then incorporate them into the grammar. By writing simple sentences in English and seeing how they translate into my own made up language.

Although! I may use diagraphs! (Dz,ts, zh, etc. Those are the ones I could give as examples at the top of my head. )

Introduction to the project!
original wrote:
Introduction
"Wyvern,what is all this nonsense? What are these wacky words?"

Well friends,this is a newly created language called Language of Sages or how I more oftentimes refer to it as Old speech.-And also an example that imagination and creativity knows absolutely no limits and even less,shame.
So here I am,creating my very own wacky and maybe cool looking language from scratch with nothing but my creativity in it's finest chaotic form.

"But Wyvern,why bother to go through all the hassle of creating it?"
A good question that desirves a good answer,and by that I mean-explanation.
The short version is: Simply because it's really fun!

Now the longer version: I've been playing a few games,reading a bunch of sites and watched some cool movies where the races have a unique language that differs them from the others.
Take for example Lord of the rings and James Cameron's Avatar:

Every race from elves to the blue alien savages known as Na'vi have a language that sounds really cool,and so I sat down and started thinking-why not make a language for my dragons and beasts here on Flight rising? Technically they are different races living together,at least according to my lore,assuming you've already skimmed through it enough to know what I'm talking about now.

"Dragons already have their own languages,same goes for the Beastclans!"
Here I can debate with you.
Sure,the Beastclans have their own languages but the dragons? If you read through the various breeds in the site-or wiki-encyclopedia,you'll likely notice that so far only Coatls have their own native language that consists of mismatched whistles,clicks and so on.

Alright,all questions answered? Yes? Great! Let's progress to the next and essential part of this probably ungodly long post!

-- Furthermore, about the "dragons don't really have their own language aside from a few handful of breeds" I say to my younger self this: Is draconian a joke to you?
Now back on track, I started creating this language with the second motifs of lore so that my clan has a unique to them language that would make them stand out from the other dragons and beastfolk around Sornienth.

Now, in this second reboot, I'm going to dive in with the former spirit and a pinch of the new set of knowledge that I have learned during the first reboot. (Where I also learned that sometimes too many cooks can spoil the soup. I.e. ruin the whole thing albeit unintentionally. )

So what I will do is revert back to coining up words using the Latin alphabet and give them meanings, and then incorporate them into the grammar. By writing simple sentences in English and seeing how they translate into my own made up language.

Although! I may use diagraphs! (Dz,ts, zh, etc. Those are the ones I could give as examples at the top of my head. )

——————————
Lore clan
+9H FR
Bio codes! (Free)
[Img]https://i.imgur.com/kMUNtPE.png[/img][item=intact parchment][item=owlcat journal][item=forest field guide][item=field manual][img]https://i.imgur.com/VdHHzul.png[/img] [center][rule] [Font=times new roman][Size=6]===×=|| Subject related notes ||=×===[/Size][/center] [Rule] I've been thinking about how to make this conlang into something close to an alluggative (i think that's how i'm supposed to write the word) language..I keep rolling the note on morphological components and what I could be missing. Nothing comes to mind. Maybe I should talk with gemhue a little more on the subject and see if they can shed a bit more light. Probbably. But I still want to brainstorm just a bit more-see if I'll figure it out. Even though my activity on FR isn't very frequent, I still haven't forgotten about my promects,this one included. Sorry I'm not posting a lot. You know..September will be here soon, rolling after August flies out the window and my school year will begin (now i'm in eleventh grade, time sure flies quickly,huh?) And I think that all the projects I have be it public like this one and my lorebooks scattered around Creative corner- I simply wouldn't put them as my top biggest priorities anymore. Frankly I'm not sure that I'll have much time on my hands anyways, though that's not to say I will abandon them! But as of late it feels like I simultaniously want to do all of my projects at once but also don't want to do anything at all. It's like art block but for everything. Maybe I'm bit overwhelmed with everything going on and just need to withdrawl for a moment to think, take a break before coming back into the swing of things. ...I better cut my babbling here. This note section is strictly for notes that are related to the subject-not personal matters and thoughts. These,have no bussiness here at all- maybe they will have when I make the "random thoughts" notes section. This note was made on Sunday, 9th August 6:35pm [Rule] I remember practicing how to analyze a word like, what Grammatical case it is, gender, number, in seventh grade and I have to admit: I didn't understand it, the cases, still don't to this day and I'm eleventh grade. TvT ) It doesn't help the fact that I haven't even heard of these ever again after that, for all these three-four years. Not even as a refresher. For the next three to four years all we've been doing is dealing with lexical stuff (basic level) and formal forms plus some other minor level Grammar things that made me even more confused, because I remember them a whole different way. Because that's what I've been taught for all the years spent in elementary school? Primary school? ....Middle school. So, yeah, I don't even know what is right about Grammatical forms and what is totally made up nonsense freshly introduced. (Sorry, got a little frustrated there) This note was made on 21st July [Rule] • Alright, let's get one activity note outta the way: I won't be active from 3:00 to 5:00 pm server time (13:00- 15:00 in my time zone), because literature has decided to remind me of itself in the (in my stubbornly salty opinion tho I'm kinda wrong to be) rude way possible. I'm talking about the school literature conspect. You know? You have to read an X amount of books, and the alike from various authors before the beginning of the school year? Yeah,that. I'm going to be honest and say that I'm not a huge fan of that thing. Even though I have promised myself to actually really study during the upcoming school year. I'm still salty about having to read that list! D-:< (this is the fact of a very unhappy individual, a.k.a yours truly. ) So yeah! I'm being a salty Wyvern. Okay 19th July, enough of displeased bum Wyvern and off to the next section-- Note over! [Rule] • Looking through the original dictionary, there are some words that will not pass on here in this reboot, but I think a good majority will make it! -11:40 edit Furthermore, it really is confusing the 's' being a shifty 'of' particle and the -n & -m being indicatives for a numbers like Singular and plural. Because they are literally everywhere. And you just can't catch them- something that I will touch on in the Grammar post. ----- • Do you know what sounds you want the language to have? -gemhue Good question, the chart presented in this linked post is...quite the mess so I will be doing an updated version of that but for now have this: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2651998/3#post_42934443]OwO'[/url] ----- • Okay, I might have to knock out the 'm' labial consonant and leave the more nasal... On the other hand, looking at the language so far we mostly have sounds like 'K', 'T','S', 'V' among others that are not labial....Actually, you know what? M is staying and B is getting knocked out of the consonant chart. For now it won't have a replacement because it's too late. I'm going to listen through the IPA chart and see what I can do. Edit: Nope. I'm still going to try to update the chart. ------ • morphological components is the smallest part of a word that still has meaning; Morphological components are root words, prefixes (affixes that come before the main root), and suffixes (affixes that come after the main root). [b]Derivational Morphological Components[/b] a- + type + -ical = atypical "a-" is a prefix meaning "not" "type" is a root word "-ical" is a suffix that changes nouns to adjectives un- + happy + -ness = unhappiness "un-" is a prefix of negation "happy" is a root word "-ness" is a suffix that changes adjectives to nouns [b]Inflectional Morphological Components[/b] walk + -s = walks "walk" is a root word "-s" is a suffix that indicates third person singular present simple verb tense run + -ing = running "run" is a root word "-ing" is a suffix that indicates continuous verb tense cat + -s = cats "cat" is a root word "-s" is a suffix that indicates pluralization Words can have only one morphological component or they can have many! - Gemhue [Rule] 29th Jul note. No I'm not gone nor have I abandoned this. Also you may be wondering why most of the 'X' words start with a 'ks' diagraph, for instance words like "ksa'an" meaning "dagger, knife" or "ksagaw" which means "game"- don't start with exactly 'X'. Because, listening to 'X' in the IPA chart, you would hear a perhaps, firmer 'h' sound rather than 'ks' sound like in...um..saxophone. [sak-so-fon] [rule] An update on my activity. Lately I hardly stick around the site and it's been a year since my last traces of activity in this thread. I only pop up to check if anyone has sent me pm, friend request or pinged me somewhere. That's it. I simply don't have much energy?? I don't feel much motivation to work on anything else but my lore and lair. But I am intending on picking this project once more and try to make some progress on it, see how far I can go with it. Eventually. [This note was made on 24th January, 12:43PM, Sunday.] [Rule] Ah wait! Now remember why i wanted to make a note in the first place! (Aside from updating my activity) The language is one biiiiig word play, like scrabbles or other games that require you to combine letters or words to form new ones. Basically a word often gets remixed alot to make a new word separate from it. Or multiple new words. [This note was made on 24th January, 12:51PM, Sunday.] [Rule] [Right] [Url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2889261#post_44073467]|| previous post ||[/url] • [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2889261#post_2889261]|| Back to main post || • [/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2889261#post_44075269]|| next post || [/url]
kMUNtPE.png Intact Parchment Owlcat Journal Forest Field Guide Field Manual VdHHzul.png

===×=|| Subject related notes ||=×===

I've been thinking about how to make this conlang into something close to an alluggative (i think that's how i'm supposed to write the word) language..I keep rolling the note on morphological components and what I could be missing. Nothing comes to mind. Maybe I should talk with gemhue a little more on the subject and see if they can shed a bit more light. Probbably.
But I still want to brainstorm just a bit more-see if I'll figure it out.

Even though my activity on FR isn't very frequent, I still haven't forgotten about my promects,this one included. Sorry I'm not posting a lot.

You know..September will be here soon, rolling after August flies out the window and my school year will begin (now i'm in eleventh grade, time sure flies quickly,huh?) And I think that all the projects I have be it public like this one and my lorebooks scattered around Creative corner- I simply wouldn't put them as my top biggest priorities anymore. Frankly I'm not sure that I'll have much time on my hands anyways, though that's not to say I will abandon them!

But as of late it feels like I simultaniously want to do all of my projects at once but also don't want to do anything at all. It's like art block but for everything. Maybe I'm bit overwhelmed with everything going on and just need to withdrawl for a moment to think, take a break before coming back into the swing of things.

...I better cut my babbling here. This note section is strictly for notes that are related to the subject-not personal matters and thoughts. These,have no bussiness here at all- maybe they will have when I make the "random thoughts" notes section.

This note was made on Sunday, 9th August 6:35pm
I remember practicing how to analyze a word like, what Grammatical case it is, gender, number, in seventh grade and I have to admit:
I didn't understand it, the cases, still don't to this day and I'm eleventh grade. TvT )

It doesn't help the fact that I haven't even heard of these ever again after that, for all these three-four years. Not even as a refresher.

For the next three to four years all we've been doing is dealing with lexical stuff (basic level) and formal forms plus some other minor level Grammar things that made me even more confused, because I remember them a whole different way.
Because that's what I've been taught for all the years spent in elementary school? Primary school? ....Middle school.

So, yeah, I don't even know what is right about Grammatical forms and what is totally made up nonsense freshly introduced. (Sorry, got a little frustrated there)

This note was made on 21st July

• Alright, let's get one activity note outta the way:

I won't be active from 3:00 to 5:00 pm server time (13:00- 15:00 in my time zone), because literature has decided to remind me of itself in the (in my stubbornly salty opinion tho I'm kinda wrong to be) rude way possible.
I'm talking about the school literature conspect. You know? You have to read an X amount of books, and the alike from various authors before the beginning of the school year? Yeah,that.

I'm going to be honest and say that I'm not a huge fan of that thing. Even though I have promised myself to actually really study during the upcoming school year. I'm still salty about having to read that list!
D-:< (this is the fact of a very unhappy individual, a.k.a yours truly. )

So yeah! I'm being a salty Wyvern.

Okay 19th July, enough of displeased bum Wyvern and off to the next section-- Note over!
• Looking through the original dictionary, there are some words that will not pass on here in this reboot, but I think a good majority will make it! -11:40 edit

Furthermore, it really is confusing the 's' being a shifty 'of' particle and the -n & -m being indicatives for a numbers like Singular and plural. Because they are literally everywhere. And you just can't catch them- something that I will touch on in the Grammar post.
• Do you know what sounds you want the language to have? -gemhue
Good question, the chart presented in this linked post is...quite the mess so I will be doing an updated version of that but for now have this: OwO'
• Okay, I might have to knock out the 'm' labial consonant and leave the more nasal...
On the other hand, looking at the language so far we mostly have sounds like
'K', 'T','S', 'V' among others that are not labial....Actually, you know what? M is staying and B is getting knocked out of the consonant chart. For now it won't have a replacement because it's too late. I'm going to listen through the IPA chart and see what I can do. Edit: Nope. I'm still going to try to update the chart.
• morphological components is the smallest part of a word that still has meaning;
Morphological components are root words, prefixes (affixes that come before the main root), and suffixes (affixes that come after the main root).

Derivational Morphological Components

a- + type + -ical = atypical
"a-" is a prefix meaning "not"
"type" is a root word
"-ical" is a suffix that changes nouns to adjectives

un- + happy + -ness = unhappiness
"un-" is a prefix of negation
"happy" is a root word
"-ness" is a suffix that changes adjectives to nouns

Inflectional Morphological Components

walk + -s = walks
"walk" is a root word
"-s" is a suffix that indicates third person singular present simple verb tense

run + -ing = running
"run" is a root word
"-ing" is a suffix that indicates continuous verb tense

cat + -s = cats
"cat" is a root word
"-s" is a suffix that indicates pluralization

Words can have only one morphological component or they can have many! - Gemhue
29th Jul note. No I'm not gone nor have I abandoned this. Also you may be wondering why most of the 'X' words start with a 'ks' diagraph, for instance words like "ksa'an" meaning "dagger, knife" or "ksagaw" which means "game"- don't start with exactly 'X'.
Because, listening to 'X' in the IPA chart, you would hear a perhaps, firmer 'h' sound rather than 'ks' sound like in...um..saxophone. [sak-so-fon]
An update on my activity. Lately I hardly stick around the site and it's been a year since my last traces of activity in this thread. I only pop up to check if anyone has sent me pm, friend request or pinged me somewhere. That's it.

I simply don't have much energy?? I don't feel much motivation to work on anything else but my lore and lair. But I am intending on picking this project once more and try to make some progress on it, see how far I can go with it. Eventually.

[This note was made on 24th January, 12:43PM, Sunday.]
Ah wait! Now remember why i wanted to make a note in the first place! (Aside from updating my activity)

The language is one biiiiig word play, like scrabbles or other games that require you to combine letters or words to form new ones. Basically a word often gets remixed alot to make a new word separate from it. Or multiple new words.
[This note was made on 24th January, 12:51PM, Sunday.]
——————————
Lore clan
+9H FR
Bio codes! (Free)
[Center][item=empty inkwell][item=coral Basilisk field notes] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/Kvf652zZ/1595170584858.png[/img][img]https://i.postimg.cc/rm9rFkxP/1595181947900.png[/img][item=grouse Basilisk field notes][item=used cartography ink] [Rule][Font=times new roman][Size=6]====×= [ Aims for the project! ]=×====[/size][/center] [Rule] I guess that my sole goal for this language, is to give it a somewhat tribal sound? Look? Feel? For the moment, that seems like the best. Every new goal that pops up will be chalked up here in this post specifically. I also guess that my second goal is to not make this too complex and difficult?? (Sounds about right. ) How this ties into my clan lore is that it has been carried on throughout time in one way or another, as many found the language interesting along with the notion of being able to hypothetically, speak the language of gods albeit not the eleven. That along with the desire to both unify the clan members by allowing them to understand each other perfectly, combined with the bonus of encoding things from pretty much anyone who doesn't know this one particular language. Don't want your Talonok nosey friend to tease you about the wonderful descriptions of your crush and want to also keep the nose of your one equally nosey dragonic friend? At the same time? Simultaneously? Well use a whole different language or symbols to encode your private journal or diary! Bonus points for utilizing both seamlessly. Of course, if your loyal secretive dryad *cough* familiar *cough* friend does know that language, the sigils and words won't be random gibberish and they will be able to understand. And won't even tell a soul. o<: [rule] [Right][Url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2889261#post_44075036]|| previous post || • [/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2889261#post_2889261]|| Back to main post || • [/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2889261/1#post_44075989]|| next post || [/url]
Empty Inkwell Coral Basilisk Field Notes 1595170584858.png1595181947900.png Grouse Basilisk Field Notes Used Cartography Ink
====×= [ Aims for the project! ]=×====

I guess that my sole goal for this language, is to give it a somewhat tribal sound? Look? Feel?
For the moment, that seems like the best. Every new goal that pops up will be chalked up here in this post specifically.

I also guess that my second goal is to not make this too complex and difficult??
(Sounds about right. )

How this ties into my clan lore is that it has been carried on throughout time in one way or another, as many found the language interesting along with the notion of being able to hypothetically, speak the language of gods albeit not the eleven. That along with the desire to both unify the clan members by allowing them to understand each other perfectly, combined with the bonus of encoding things from pretty much anyone who doesn't know this one particular language.

Don't want your Talonok nosey friend to tease you about the wonderful descriptions of your crush and want to also keep the nose of your one equally nosey dragonic friend? At the same time? Simultaneously?

Well use a whole different language or symbols to encode your private journal or diary! Bonus points for utilizing both seamlessly.
Of course, if your loyal secretive dryad *cough* familiar *cough* friend does know that language, the sigils and words won't be random gibberish and they will be able to understand. And won't even tell a soul.

o<:
——————————
Lore clan
+9H FR
Bio codes! (Free)

===×=[ Dictionary ]=×===

A
Ayeri-Separate, part, break, cut off (someone or something`s path)
Ateru-growth
Anano–young person/dragon

Aji?–what?
Ajax?-Who?
Atømano-person, dragon

Aere-Soul, essence, core
Aderu- Hear, listen
Anora- shoreline

Alsan?-When?
Atø?- Who?

B
Banto-short, small. It is used for time and dragons/people.
Bakhn'nego- High, tall, long
Baánto'olúnar-star. Literally translated it means "little sun".

Baánto-Small; Used for animals and objects.

C
Camnar-friend, companion, comrade, ally
Camnarti-friendly
Cafza- dig, hollow, burrow

Cwallina- bloom, blossom, gentle
Chaa'áhkva-Sorry/Apologize
Chehehi-laugh, laughter, snicker, giggle, chuckle

D
Dwerni-encircle, surround
Danát'han- dangerous beast, a threatening creature
Deá-leave

Daéme-understand
Deru-think, consider
Dérráden-Protect, defend, shield

E
Ero-no, not
Eturazol- treasure, fortune, wealth
Eni-Yes, sure.
This is a word of agreement and confirmation, meaning can vary depending on context but it always expresses agreement and/or confirmation to something.

Ehehi-fun, humor, joke
Etura- good
Eturazolhuseph-Word (A word can be good but it can also be bad.)

F
Fein-fool, idiot
Fa'ao-Freedom, flight
Furinún- fire

Fauá- Spring
Falzan- bird
Fa'eo- Fall (Autumn),fall, collapse

Falzan-atømanu- Harpy, Talonok (Bird person)

G
Gem'mo-will
Guwa- big, tall
Guwa-gako- Tree (Tall stand)

Gako- Stick, spear
Baanto-gako- Bush (Short tree)

H
Hamanny-honor
Honoti-homey, cozy, welcoming
Ho'no'ki-village, town, city

Honø- home
Hag'gat-dinner, breakfast, lunch. A word for meal.
Hanún- bug

Hakto- map, journey
Haktoda- walk, travel
Hévrá–It can be used as a general greeting, regardless of time of day.

I
ine'ho-grass
ine'hoki-field, meadow, grassland
Iiihihe- Horse
Iiihihe-atømanu- Centaur (Horse person)

Iwani-offering, gift, sacrifice
Irayo-game
Igremo-take

Ine'hoki-atømanu- Longneck (Grassland person)
Ine'hokifalzan-atomanu- Corven (Grassland bird person)

J
Jerrá-why?
Jtuali- chime

K
Kta'lutú- hunter
Kta'lu- hunt, trap, chase, catch
Kanare-worry, concern, fear

Ketuli -ritual
kto -to
Ksa'av- attack
Ki- where?

Kanmi-Beast, creature, being
Kanmi Ta'uri - Beastclan
Ksá'avfalzan-atomanu- Raptorik (Warrior bird person)

Ktualinguwa- mountain (Tall rock)
Ktualin- Rock/boulder
Keoma- Delve, dive, swim

Ktualin-gako-Spear (rock-head stick)
Kine'ena- doubt, uncertainty
Ksag- a negative exlamination like "dammit!" or "shucks!"
A lesser swear/cuss word that would still make locals look at you unimpressed in comparison to the full thing "Ksagna'nana" which will make them rather upset.
It's like you're literally saying something along the lines of "damn your mother/father/relative". Cursing them for no reason.

L
Llaly- song, music, lullaby
Leákite-lakes, pools, ponds

Leáki-lake, pool, pond.
Leá–water
Leákanmi- Fish (water animal)

Leákanmi-atømanu- Maren (fish person)
Lume- keep

M
Mear-mine
Maeh- my
Medoral-heal, mend, restore

Medoraltú- healer
Maly–happy
Malyti-joyfully

Mamoru-memory
Myzzuri- master (a skill, a craft, instrument, etc.), know very well how to handle something.
Mat’táha-call, shout
Meli'neona- hope, dream

Mikolna-love, affection (platonic & familial)
Mináu'lanún- husband, partner
Minak'laoná-wife, partner

N
Nwateh-New, fresh, young (used for objects, flora and fauna)

Nowatelumetù- book, journal, memoir, chronicle, diary
Nowate- knowledge
Naejan-name, title

Nghatar- return, go back
Nazgúntú-aggressor, outcast, exiled
Nazgún- aggression, cast out, exile

Nastlai -nest, roost
Nastlaite-nests, roosts
Nghuweni-cook

Na'nána–Woman, dragoness, feminine
Na'nála–Mother
Na'nama–Sister

Na'na–Aunt
Nya'nama–younger sister
Naáh'nama- Older sister

Nau'nánún-Man, dragon, masculine
Nau'nálún- Father
Nau'námnún- Brother

Nau'nún- Uncle
Nya'námnún- Younger brother
Náahu'námnún-Older brother

O
Olú–burn, blaze
Olúnar–Sun
Onyma- secret

Onákeah- something
Onákesah-nothing
Onáke- some

Oná'atømanú-someone
Oná'ta'awah-sometime
Olúnarqetú-sunrise

Ougako- Chair, sit, rest
Ogako- lay down, rest
Oda-speed, haste, hurry, fast

P
Pahz-door, gate
Pinyo–chick
Pinún–rooster

Pina–hen
Peruanya–A term used to describe a hen that's nesting for the very first time, it is also sometimes affectionately used by the locals when addressing a first time mother in a playful friendly manner to tease her.
Perunún–Word similar to peruanya but for fathers.

Pusu– shît, turd, poo-same thing.
Pfezha-after, future, next
Pfezha-Quannitú- ''Future seer'' (prophet)

Q
Qetú-Arrival, stranger, guest, visitor
Qera-prepare, set
Qta- eat

Quanni- look, see
Qaji?- How?
Qirika- energy, mana, magic

R
Raile- Let go, release
Renlih-reset, rebirth, set back
Ruln'nesa–death

Ruln'doraltú–necromancer; literally translated it means "death healer"
Rikolnma- Love, affection (romantic)

S
Saffer -truth, reveal, light
Sa'awni -Sorrow, sadness, cry
Sullrim- Sleep, rest, slumber

Sul-forget, lose, shadow
Sarax- sting, pierce, jab, poke, stab
Saraxhanún- Sting bug. A vague term used for insects that can sting such as bees, hornets, wasps, scorpions and many others. It can be used as a teasing nickname for clan members who are laser-focused on something.

Sepf- tell, talk, speak, answer
Saffáeh- question, seeking of truth
Ssahii- Snake

Sahi- Slither, sneak, drag
Ssahii-atømanu- Serthis (Snake person)

T
Tequ- the
Tumul-blood
Tsa -about

Tyu- chirp, whistle
Tyu'falzan- songbird, lit "chirping bird"
Tego- now

Tegoá- before
Toda-run/runner

Ta'uri-tribe, clan
Ta'uriti-tribal
Ta'urite-tribes, clans

Tewareh-stop, end, halt, cease, finish
Thynghere -Dream, myth, legend
Tere -mouth
Ta'awah -Time

U
Ult- the
Uta- feast, celebration
Ume-for

Ula- moon
Ulna-night
Ulnaqetú-nightfall

V
Vey- respect, adoration, awe
Vraga- Winter

W
Waye- spirit, ghost

Wa’aye-Sacred, holly
Wa’ano- deity
Wa’ama- goddess

Wa’anún- god
Wokatei–awake, alert, active
'Tura wokatei–good morning

Weah-make
Wayuina- fruit, berry
Wanni-offer, give

Y
Yunri-Voice
Yumeva- Many
Yalsan–festival, tradition
Yitutep - body, form, shape, silhouette

Z
Zolhu- bad, curse, evil, illness, disease, trouble
Zeul- omen, sign
zolhusa- trickery/trick

===×=[ Dictionary ]=×===

A
Ayeri-Separate, part, break, cut off (someone or something`s path)
Ateru-growth
Anano–young person/dragon

Aji?–what?
Ajax?-Who?
Atømano-person, dragon

Aere-Soul, essence, core
Aderu- Hear, listen
Anora- shoreline

Alsan?-When?
Atø?- Who?

B
Banto-short, small. It is used for time and dragons/people.
Bakhn'nego- High, tall, long
Baánto'olúnar-star. Literally translated it means "little sun".

Baánto-Small; Used for animals and objects.

C
Camnar-friend, companion, comrade, ally
Camnarti-friendly
Cafza- dig, hollow, burrow

Cwallina- bloom, blossom, gentle
Chaa'áhkva-Sorry/Apologize
Chehehi-laugh, laughter, snicker, giggle, chuckle

D
Dwerni-encircle, surround
Danát'han- dangerous beast, a threatening creature
Deá-leave

Daéme-understand
Deru-think, consider
Dérráden-Protect, defend, shield

E
Ero-no, not
Eturazol- treasure, fortune, wealth
Eni-Yes, sure.
This is a word of agreement and confirmation, meaning can vary depending on context but it always expresses agreement and/or confirmation to something.

Ehehi-fun, humor, joke
Etura- good
Eturazolhuseph-Word (A word can be good but it can also be bad.)

F
Fein-fool, idiot
Fa'ao-Freedom, flight
Furinún- fire

Fauá- Spring
Falzan- bird
Fa'eo- Fall (Autumn),fall, collapse

Falzan-atømanu- Harpy, Talonok (Bird person)

G
Gem'mo-will
Guwa- big, tall
Guwa-gako- Tree (Tall stand)

Gako- Stick, spear
Baanto-gako- Bush (Short tree)

H
Hamanny-honor
Honoti-homey, cozy, welcoming
Ho'no'ki-village, town, city

Honø- home
Hag'gat-dinner, breakfast, lunch. A word for meal.
Hanún- bug

Hakto- map, journey
Haktoda- walk, travel
Hévrá–It can be used as a general greeting, regardless of time of day.

I
ine'ho-grass
ine'hoki-field, meadow, grassland
Iiihihe- Horse
Iiihihe-atømanu- Centaur (Horse person)

Iwani-offering, gift, sacrifice
Irayo-game
Igremo-take

Ine'hoki-atømanu- Longneck (Grassland person)
Ine'hokifalzan-atomanu- Corven (Grassland bird person)

J
Jerrá-why?
Jtuali- chime

K
Kta'lutú- hunter
Kta'lu- hunt, trap, chase, catch
Kanare-worry, concern, fear

Ketuli -ritual
kto -to
Ksa'av- attack
Ki- where?

Kanmi-Beast, creature, being
Kanmi Ta'uri - Beastclan
Ksá'avfalzan-atomanu- Raptorik (Warrior bird person)

Ktualinguwa- mountain (Tall rock)
Ktualin- Rock/boulder
Keoma- Delve, dive, swim

Ktualin-gako-Spear (rock-head stick)
Kine'ena- doubt, uncertainty
Ksag- a negative exlamination like "dammit!" or "shucks!"
A lesser swear/cuss word that would still make locals look at you unimpressed in comparison to the full thing "Ksagna'nana" which will make them rather upset.
It's like you're literally saying something along the lines of "damn your mother/father/relative". Cursing them for no reason.

L
Llaly- song, music, lullaby
Leákite-lakes, pools, ponds

Leáki-lake, pool, pond.
Leá–water
Leákanmi- Fish (water animal)

Leákanmi-atømanu- Maren (fish person)
Lume- keep

M
Mear-mine
Maeh- my
Medoral-heal, mend, restore

Medoraltú- healer
Maly–happy
Malyti-joyfully

Mamoru-memory
Myzzuri- master (a skill, a craft, instrument, etc.), know very well how to handle something.
Mat’táha-call, shout
Meli'neona- hope, dream

Mikolna-love, affection (platonic & familial)
Mináu'lanún- husband, partner
Minak'laoná-wife, partner

N
Nwateh-New, fresh, young (used for objects, flora and fauna)

Nowatelumetù- book, journal, memoir, chronicle, diary
Nowate- knowledge
Naejan-name, title

Nghatar- return, go back
Nazgúntú-aggressor, outcast, exiled
Nazgún- aggression, cast out, exile

Nastlai -nest, roost
Nastlaite-nests, roosts
Nghuweni-cook

Na'nána–Woman, dragoness, feminine
Na'nála–Mother
Na'nama–Sister

Na'na–Aunt
Nya'nama–younger sister
Naáh'nama- Older sister

Nau'nánún-Man, dragon, masculine
Nau'nálún- Father
Nau'námnún- Brother

Nau'nún- Uncle
Nya'námnún- Younger brother
Náahu'námnún-Older brother

O
Olú–burn, blaze
Olúnar–Sun
Onyma- secret

Onákeah- something
Onákesah-nothing
Onáke- some

Oná'atømanú-someone
Oná'ta'awah-sometime
Olúnarqetú-sunrise

Ougako- Chair, sit, rest
Ogako- lay down, rest
Oda-speed, haste, hurry, fast

P
Pahz-door, gate
Pinyo–chick
Pinún–rooster

Pina–hen
Peruanya–A term used to describe a hen that's nesting for the very first time, it is also sometimes affectionately used by the locals when addressing a first time mother in a playful friendly manner to tease her.
Perunún–Word similar to peruanya but for fathers.

Pusu– shît, turd, poo-same thing.
Pfezha-after, future, next
Pfezha-Quannitú- ''Future seer'' (prophet)

Q
Qetú-Arrival, stranger, guest, visitor
Qera-prepare, set
Qta- eat

Quanni- look, see
Qaji?- How?
Qirika- energy, mana, magic

R
Raile- Let go, release
Renlih-reset, rebirth, set back
Ruln'nesa–death

Ruln'doraltú–necromancer; literally translated it means "death healer"
Rikolnma- Love, affection (romantic)

S
Saffer -truth, reveal, light
Sa'awni -Sorrow, sadness, cry
Sullrim- Sleep, rest, slumber

Sul-forget, lose, shadow
Sarax- sting, pierce, jab, poke, stab
Saraxhanún- Sting bug. A vague term used for insects that can sting such as bees, hornets, wasps, scorpions and many others. It can be used as a teasing nickname for clan members who are laser-focused on something.

Sepf- tell, talk, speak, answer
Saffáeh- question, seeking of truth
Ssahii- Snake

Sahi- Slither, sneak, drag
Ssahii-atømanu- Serthis (Snake person)

T
Tequ- the
Tumul-blood
Tsa -about

Tyu- chirp, whistle
Tyu'falzan- songbird, lit "chirping bird"
Tego- now

Tegoá- before
Toda-run/runner

Ta'uri-tribe, clan
Ta'uriti-tribal
Ta'urite-tribes, clans

Tewareh-stop, end, halt, cease, finish
Thynghere -Dream, myth, legend
Tere -mouth
Ta'awah -Time

U
Ult- the
Uta- feast, celebration
Ume-for

Ula- moon
Ulna-night
Ulnaqetú-nightfall

V
Vey- respect, adoration, awe
Vraga- Winter

W
Waye- spirit, ghost

Wa’aye-Sacred, holly
Wa’ano- deity
Wa’ama- goddess

Wa’anún- god
Wokatei–awake, alert, active
'Tura wokatei–good morning

Weah-make
Wayuina- fruit, berry
Wanni-offer, give

Y
Yunri-Voice
Yumeva- Many
Yalsan–festival, tradition
Yitutep - body, form, shape, silhouette

Z
Zolhu- bad, curse, evil, illness, disease, trouble
Zeul- omen, sign
zolhusa- trickery/trick
——————————
Lore clan
+9H FR
Bio codes! (Free)
[columns][item=Aspen gall dryad][item=autumn dryad][item=spotted faun][item=grove piper][img]https://i.postimg.cc/DZWVdqPQ/p-txt.png[/img] [Rule] [Center][Font=times new roman][Size=6]===×===×= [ Grammatical rules]=×===×=====[/size][/center][Center][Font=times new roman] [Rule] [/columns] [Font=times new roman][Size=4] [ The pronouns:][/size] [columns][Font=times new roman][Size=4] [i]Female pronouns(formal) [/i] -- -- -- -- Na'áh atni- I am Ynma atri - You are Wa'áh ahni -She is Na'áhte- (We) Ynm'áte (You) Wa'áhte (They) [nextcol] -- [nextcol] -- [nextcol] [Font=times new roman][Size=4] [i]Male pronouns(formal)[/i] -- -- -- -- Ná'ahún atni- I am Inún atri- You are Wá'ahún ahni- He is Ná'ahúnte atni- We are Inúnte atri- You are Wá'ahúnte ahni- They are [nextcol] | | | | | | | | | | | | [nextcol] -- [nextcol] [Font=times new roman][Size=4] [i]Female pronouns(Informal) [/i] -- -- -- -- Na'ahva (I) Yinmka (You) Wynlaá (She) - Na'ahvate (We) Yinmkate (You) Wynlaáte (They) [nextcol] -- [nextcol] -- [nextcol] - [Font=times new roman][Size=4] [i]Male pronouns(Informal) [/i] -- -- -- -- Ná'ahvún- I Inmnún- You Wyemlaánún-He - Ná'ahvúnte- We Inmnúnte- You Wyemlaánúnte- they [/columns] [Rule] [Right][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2889261/1#post_44075989]| previous post || • [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2889261/1#post_2889261]|| main post ||[/url] • [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2889261/1#post_44077615]|| next post ||[/url]
Aspen Gall Dryad Autumn Dryad Spotted Faun Grove Piper p-txt.png
===×===×= [ Grammatical rules]=×===×=====

[ The pronouns:]

Female pronouns(formal)
-- -- -- --
Na'áh atni- I am
Ynma atri - You are
Wa'áh ahni -She is

Na'áhte- (We)
Ynm'áte (You)
Wa'áhte (They)

-- --
Male pronouns(formal)
-- -- -- --
Ná'ahún atni- I am
Inún atri- You are
Wá'ahún ahni- He is

Ná'ahúnte atni- We are
Inúnte atri- You are
Wá'ahúnte ahni- They are

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
--
Female pronouns(Informal)
-- -- -- --
Na'ahva (I)
Yinmka (You)
Wynlaá (She)
-
Na'ahvate (We)
Yinmkate (You)
Wynlaáte (They)

-- -- -

Male pronouns(Informal)
-- -- -- --
Ná'ahvún- I
Inmnún- You
Wyemlaánún-He
-
Ná'ahvúnte- We
Inmnúnte- You
Wyemlaánúnte- they

——————————
Lore clan
+9H FR
Bio codes! (Free)
[item=Aspen gall dryad][item=autumn dryad][item=spotted faun][item=grove piper][img]https://i.postimg.cc/DZWVdqPQ/p-txt.png[/img] [Rule] [Center][Font=times new roman][Size=6]===×===×= [ Grammatical notes]=×===×=====[/size][/center][Center][Font=times new roman][Size=5] Rules are above[/size][/center] [Rule] [quote=Basic notes but very important to keep in mind.] [Size=3][font=cambria][b]|. What exactly is a Noun?[/b] A word (other than a pronoun) used to identify any of a class of people, places, or things ( common noun ), or to name a particular one of these ( proper noun ). [b]||. What exactly is a Verb?[/b] • A word used to describe an action, state, or occurrence, and forming the main part of the predicate of a sentence, such as [i]hear, become, happen.[/i] • Use (a word that is not conventionally used as a verb, typically a noun) as a verb. • Verbs are words that express action or state of being. There are three types of verbs: action verbs, linking verbs, and helping verbs. Action Verbs. Action verbs are words that express action (give, eat, walk, etc.) or possession (have, own, etc.). Action verbs can be either transitive or intransitive. [b]|||. What exactly is an Adverb?[/b] A word or phrase that modifies or qualifies an adjective, verb, or other adverb or a word group, expressing a relation of place, time, circumstance, manner, cause, degree, etc. (e.g., [i]gently, quite, then, there [/i]). [b]|\/. What exactly is an Adjective?[/b] A word naming an attribute of a noun, such as [i]sweet, red, or technical.[/i] [b]\/. What exactly is a Morpheme?[/b] • A meaningful morphological unit of a language that cannot be further divided (e.g. in, come, -ing, forming incoming ). • A morphological element considered in respect of its functional relations in a linguistic system. [/quote] [Rule][quote= remember!] "Polysynthetic languages aren’t just about having words with one or more morphemes. [B]These languages operate on the base that sentence construction heavily relies on the use of many morphemes on a root word.[/b] [i]Words that would normally be adjectives or adverbs in other languages are morphemes in polysynthetic languages.[/i] In some polysynthetic languages there isn’t just subject/verb agreement, but also objects might need to fall into agreement in person and number. Here is an example from Nahuatl: [b]Word[/b]: Nimitzt?tlamaquilt?z [b]Morphemes[/b]: ni-mits-te?-tla-maki-lti?-s' [b]Gloss[/b]: I-you-someone-something-give-CAUSATIVE-FUTURE [b]Translation[/b]: "I shall make somebody give something to you"- gemhue [Rule] The reason why taking the spaces out of your sentence doesn’t make an easily understandable word is because languages that actually are polysynthetic don’t just take away spaces and call it a word. [b]Each argument is marked for case (part of speech) at the very least, which allows speakers (and readers) to understand the sentence in any word order[/b].[/quote] [Rule][rule] [Quote=also keep in mind! Difference between derivation and inflection] [Columns] [b]Derivation:[/b] water + fall = waterfall (compounding) grace + ful + ly = gracefully (part of speech change) un + happy = unhappy (negation) [Nextcol] [b]Inflection:[/b] cat + s (pluralizer) = cats [b]Bad: [/b]The cat were chasing the mice. [b]Good:[/b] The cats were chasing the mice. [Nextcol] run + s (3rd. sing.) = runs [b]Bad:[/b] He run to catch the bus. [b]Good:[/b] He runs to catch the bus. [/Columns] [Rule] Credit to Gemhue like with the first quote. [/quote] [rule] [Quote=simply said] [b]Analytic: [/b]grammar expressed through words rather than morphology ------- [b]Fusional[/b]: morphemes may not always be distinct or may be irregular, morphemes may have more than one meaning, may have grammatical case, may have grammatical gender ------ [b]Agglutinative[/b]: morphemes are visibly distinct and occur regularly within words, each morpheme has only one grammatical meaning, always has grammatical case, may have grammatical gender --------- [b]Polysynthetic[/b]: like agglutinative languages, but sentences can often be made of highly morphologically complex words, morphology is very distinct and regular, a single word may be composed of a verb and many arguments (each marked for case, person, and sometimes number or gender), verbs may be formed using noun incorporation [/quote][rule] [Rule] "...it really is confusing the 's' being a shifty 'of' particle and the -n & -m being indicatives for numbers like Singular and plural. Because they are literally everywhere. And you just can't catch them..." Examples: Annyhes (month of according to original thread) and lyfes (which, following this logic should mean instead the following: life of, beginning of ,innocence of ,youth of ,child/hatchling of) and I'm pretty sure that I spotted that pesky S somewhere else where it has no business being. So to avoid such things, I'm going to set 'ka' as an 'of' particle. And open another can of worms in process. Because 'of' seems like a possessive particle. Here some examples: #1 Terry is a friend of mine. (He's my friend) #2 A book of gold. (A book made from gold) Hence why I said [i]seems[/i]. But then again, my language does rely on context a lot, so it really matters where 'ka' or 'of' is going to be. Onto the -n and -m. So originally they appear to indicate numbers like Singular and plural. But why do I feel like- oh wait never mind, 'a' and 'e' are for genders, and the combination of them 'ea' or 'ae' is for pretty much genderless things. Great. Leathym- waters and leathyn- water. ... But you can't count water by itself. You, really can't. Although in my native water is from female 'gender' because we say 'she' when referring to the water. So uh..I guess you can??? As in 'one water' 'Z waters'?? (Because in context you mean bottle, glass, mug, etc. Something that contains the water. This way you don't have to constantly repeat yourself. This is an edit from 20th July. ) (Finding plot holes in other existing languages while thinking about mine, simply brilliant. ) Here's what route I'm going to go: I'm going to come up with words for both genders of a creature from the fauna kingdom + genderless for the babies for just in case. (Jk nope.) The genderless will apply to flora, environmental objects, inanimate and animated objects (like mimics) and micro organisms. Also you know what? Since I'm overhauling stuff, I'm just going to nullify the m and n. Out with that! I'm going to temporarily put the original words as they are for a bit then swap them for the new tweaked versions. ------- I'm setting the following rules (that I will test before applying): -eh at the end of the word is genderless. -ea is for female -nu is for Male (on trial) alternatively "-he" #1 Aderanu --no? #2 Adenu --...[b]no[/b]. #3 Aderahe --hmm..-- Aderaeh -- [i]yes[/i]. Perfect word for offspring. #4 What if I go literally? -- Adherany -Oh no! #5 Adheranu -- [i]uuuh...[/i]no. That..actually might work, for mate but not for husband. But what if I yeet the d? #6 Aheranu --...meh? I mean, I'm getting somewhere with this? #7 Anurahe -- 50/50. Why am I clinging to the 'ra' part? Let's yeet that as well! #8 Anuhe - that doesn't even sound like a word used for husband. #9 Ahenu --...Yes. #10 Aenu-- I keep imagining Enu. So that's the word. (M) #1 Adeana #2 Adaeny Okay since yeeting the d did wonders with the previous word, how bout I do the same? #3 Aeany --okay, good, I like it. But I still have to try out the other combo. #4 Aeanea --Not bad, ok, let's see how far I can push this. #5 Aeanae -- literally 4 but reversed and I like it more as I pronounce it. #6 Anae -Better. #7 Anea --Yes! ----------------------- [quote=#1]I'm going to set 'ka' as an indicative 'of'. With the 'sa' being a possessive 'of' particle. [/quote] Here some examples: #1 Terry is a friend of mine. (He's my friend) [i]Terry ult camnar sa maer./ Terry ayi camnar sa maer. [/i] [Sub][i]Terry the friend of mine. / Terry is friend of mine. [/i][/sub] #2 A book of gold. (A book made from gold) [i]Nowatelume ka eturazol.[/i] [Sub][i]Book of treasure. [/i] literally translated it would be 'Knowledge keeper of treasure.'[/sub] [quote=#2]I'm setting the word tequ to be a starting 'the'. Ult is also 'the' but indicative of something, whereas 'tequ' simply refers to it.[/quote] Examples: #1 The night is beautiful. (We simply refer to it,saying that it's beautiful. ) [i]Tequ aawlea ni etura.[/i] [Sub][i]The night is good. [/i][/sub] The book belongs to Maya. [i]Nowatelu sault Maya.[/i] [Sub]Lit: [i]Book of the Maya.[/i][/sub] It's not explicitly told that the book belongs to her, but in context. [quote=#3]Affixes –[b]ti[/b] makes the word into an adjective –ki --a place –tú- a job. –te- a suffix that indicates pluralization [/quote] Examples: Pinyote- chicks Inehokite- forests Honnokite-homes [quote=#4]Genders of words, affixes [b]–a--[/b] feminine, has to be in one of the last syllables to count. Or at the very tail of the word. [b]–ùn[/b] --same thing but for masculine gender. [b]–o [/b]--Neutral gender affix. If none of these affixes is present within the word,then that word has no gender at all, i.e, is genderless. Such type of words are words for objects of the surrounding envoirment and non animated objects. + locations and places unless they have a name. (Trees,knifes,utensils and tools,etc.[/quote] [quote=#5]Prefixes [b]Nu[/b]– For negativity.[/quote] Example: [i]nu[/i]maly (unhappy) [quote=#6]Tense Examples: #1 The fire is burning. (Present simple, the fire is burning [i]now.[/i]) [i]Tequ furinún ni olú.[/i] Literal translation: The fire be burning. #2 The fire will be burning (soon). Future tense, the fire isn't burning yet but it [i]will be[/i]. [i]Gem'mo furinún olúpfezha.[/i] Glossary: Will be—fire–burning. [Verb + after ] #3 The fire burnt Maya's diary. Past tense- it burnt before. [ Verb + before ] [i]Tequ furinún olúzeul nowatelume sa Maya zal.[/i] #4 Maya's mother make her cook dinner. (Causitive present) [ Verb + make + present ] [i]Na'nána sa Maya weah nghuweni ha'gat.[/i] Glossary: Mother of Maya—make—verb—meal. #5 I will make someone give something to you. (Causitive future) [ verb + make + after ] [i]Na'àh gem'mo weahzal atømanu igremo ynma.[/i] Glossary: I—will make—someone—give—something—you. [Rule] [quote=#7] [b]Ni[/b]-be [b]Atri[/b]-are [b]Ahni[/b]-is [b]Atni[/b]- am [/quote] [quote=#8]Pronouns I like some of the old pronouns so I decided to bring them back. But there are slight changes and tweaks.[/quote] [Columns][Columns][item=barkskin watcher][nextcol]Ladies' pronnouns: Formal vs Informal [Rule] [center]Formal[/center][/columns] [Columns]Na'áh atni- I am Ynma atri - You are Weah ahni -She is [Nextcol] | | | | [Nextcol] Na'áhte- (We) Ynm'áte (You) We'áhte (They) [/columns] [Nextcol] [/columns] [Quote] [center]The formal pronouns lack the sense of semi-familliarity that informal ones have. When using these pronouns, one adresses an important person. Therefore the tone and feel are still polite but also professionally detached.[/center][/quote] Na'ava (I) Yinwa (You) Kynlaá (She) [Nextcol] [Color=transparent] ? ? ?[/color] [nextcol] Na'a?vate (We) Yinwate (You) Kynlaáte (They) [/columns] [Rule] [Right][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2889261/1#post_44076811]| previous post || • [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2889261/1#post_2889261]|| main post ||[/url] • [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2889261/1#post_44077619]|| next post ||[/url]
Aspen Gall Dryad Autumn Dryad Spotted Faun Grove Piper p-txt.png
===×===×= [ Grammatical notes]=×===×=====
Rules are above

Basic notes but very important to keep in mind. wrote:
|. What exactly is a Noun?
A word (other than a pronoun) used to identify any of a class of people, places, or things ( common noun ), or to name a particular one of these ( proper noun ).

||. What exactly is a Verb?
• A word used to describe an action, state, or occurrence, and forming the main part of the predicate of a sentence, such as hear, become, happen.

• Use (a word that is not conventionally used as a verb, typically a noun) as a verb.

• Verbs are words that express action or state of being. There are three types of verbs: action verbs, linking verbs, and helping verbs. Action Verbs. Action verbs are words that express action (give, eat, walk, etc.) or possession (have, own, etc.). Action verbs can be either transitive or intransitive.

|||. What exactly is an Adverb?
A word or phrase that modifies or qualifies an adjective, verb, or other adverb or a word group, expressing a relation of place, time, circumstance, manner, cause, degree, etc. (e.g., gently, quite, then, there ).

|\/. What exactly is an Adjective?
A word naming an attribute of a noun, such as sweet, red, or technical.

\/. What exactly is a Morpheme?
• A meaningful morphological unit of a language that cannot be further divided (e.g. in, come, -ing, forming incoming ).

• A morphological element considered in respect of its functional relations in a linguistic system.

remember! wrote:
"Polysynthetic languages aren’t just about having words with one or more morphemes. These languages operate on the base that sentence construction heavily relies on the use of many morphemes on a root word.

Words that would normally be adjectives or adverbs in other languages are morphemes in polysynthetic languages. In some polysynthetic languages there isn’t just subject/verb agreement, but also objects might need to fall into agreement in person and number.

Here is an example from Nahuatl:

Word: Nimitzt?tlamaquilt?z
Morphemes: ni-mits-te?-tla-maki-lti?-s'
Gloss: I-you-someone-something-give-CAUSATIVE-FUTURE
Translation: "I shall make somebody give something to you"- gemhue
The reason why taking the spaces out of your sentence doesn’t make an easily understandable word is because languages that actually are polysynthetic don’t just take away spaces and call it a word. Each argument is marked for case (part of speech) at the very least, which allows speakers (and readers) to understand the sentence in any word order.

also keep in mind! Difference between derivation and inflection wrote:
Derivation:
water + fall = waterfall (compounding)
grace + ful + ly = gracefully (part of speech change)
un + happy = unhappy (negation)
Inflection:
cat + s (pluralizer) = cats
Bad: The cat were chasing the mice.
Good: The cats were chasing the mice.
run + s (3rd. sing.) = runs
Bad: He run to catch the bus.
Good: He runs to catch the bus.

Credit to Gemhue like with the first quote.

simply said wrote:
Analytic: grammar expressed through words rather than morphology
Fusional: morphemes may not always be distinct or may be irregular, morphemes may have more than one meaning, may have grammatical case, may have grammatical gender
Agglutinative: morphemes are visibly distinct and occur regularly within words, each morpheme has only one grammatical meaning, always has grammatical case, may have grammatical gender
Polysynthetic: like agglutinative languages, but sentences can often be made of highly morphologically complex words, morphology is very distinct and regular, a single word may be composed of a verb and many arguments (each marked for case, person, and sometimes number or gender), verbs may be formed using noun incorporation

"...it really is confusing the 's' being a shifty 'of' particle and the -n & -m being indicatives for numbers like Singular and plural. Because they are literally everywhere. And you just can't catch them..."

Examples: Annyhes (month of according to original thread) and lyfes (which, following this logic should mean instead the following: life of, beginning of ,innocence of ,youth of ,child/hatchling of) and I'm pretty sure that I spotted that pesky S somewhere else where it has no business being.

So to avoid such things, I'm going to set 'ka' as an 'of' particle. And open another can of worms in process. Because 'of' seems like a possessive particle.

Here some examples:
#1 Terry is a friend of mine. (He's my friend)
#2 A book of gold. (A book made from gold)

Hence why I said seems. But then again, my language does rely on context a lot, so it really matters where 'ka' or 'of' is going to be.

Onto the -n and -m.
So originally they appear to indicate numbers like Singular and plural.
But why do I feel like- oh wait never mind, 'a' and 'e' are for genders, and the combination of them 'ea' or 'ae' is for pretty much genderless things. Great.

Leathym- waters and leathyn- water.
... But you can't count water by itself. You, really can't.
Although in my native water is from female 'gender' because we say 'she' when referring to the water. So uh..I guess you can??? As in 'one water' 'Z waters'?? (Because in context you mean bottle, glass, mug, etc. Something that contains the water. This way you don't have to constantly repeat yourself. This is an edit from 20th July. )

(Finding plot holes in other existing languages while thinking about mine, simply brilliant. )

Here's what route I'm going to go: I'm going to come up with words for both genders of a creature from the fauna kingdom + genderless for the babies for just in case. (Jk nope.)

The genderless will apply to flora, environmental objects, inanimate and animated objects (like mimics) and micro organisms.

Also you know what? Since I'm overhauling stuff, I'm just going to nullify the m and n.
Out with that! I'm going to temporarily put the original words as they are for a bit then swap them for the new tweaked versions.
I'm setting the following rules (that I will test before applying):
-eh at the end of the word is genderless.
-ea is for female
-nu is for Male (on trial) alternatively "-he"

#1 Aderanu --no?
#2 Adenu --...no.
#3 Aderahe --hmm..-- Aderaeh -- yes. Perfect word for offspring.
#4 What if I go literally? -- Adherany -Oh no!
#5 Adheranu -- uuuh...no.
That..actually might work, for mate but not for husband. But what if I yeet the d?
#6 Aheranu --...meh? I mean, I'm getting somewhere with this?
#7 Anurahe -- 50/50. Why am I clinging to the 'ra' part? Let's yeet that as well!
#8 Anuhe - that doesn't even sound like a word used for husband.
#9 Ahenu --...Yes.
#10 Aenu-- I keep imagining Enu. So that's the word.
(M)

#1 Adeana
#2 Adaeny
Okay since yeeting the d did wonders with the previous word, how bout I do the same?
#3 Aeany --okay, good, I like it. But I still have to try out the other combo.
#4 Aeanea --Not bad, ok, let's see how far I can push this.
#5 Aeanae -- literally 4 but reversed and I like it more as I pronounce it.
#6 Anae -Better.
#7 Anea --Yes!
#1 wrote:
I'm going to set 'ka' as an indicative 'of'.
With the 'sa' being a possessive 'of' particle.
Here some examples:

#1 Terry is a friend of mine. (He's my friend)
Terry ult camnar sa maer./ Terry ayi camnar sa maer.
Terry the friend of mine. / Terry is friend of mine.

#2 A book of gold. (A book made from gold)
Nowatelume ka eturazol.
Book of treasure. literally translated it would be 'Knowledge keeper of treasure.'
#2 wrote:
I'm setting the word tequ to be a starting 'the'.
Ult is also 'the' but indicative of something, whereas 'tequ' simply refers to it.
Examples:
#1 The night is beautiful. (We simply refer to it,saying that it's beautiful. )
Tequ aawlea ni etura.
The night is good.

The book belongs to Maya.
Nowatelu sault Maya.
Lit: Book of the Maya.
It's not explicitly told that the book belongs to her, but in context.
#3 wrote:
Affixes
ti makes the word into an adjective
–ki --a place
–tú- a job.
–te- a suffix that indicates pluralization
Examples:
Pinyote- chicks
Inehokite- forests
Honnokite-homes
#4 wrote:
Genders of words, affixes
–a-- feminine, has to be in one of the last syllables to count. Or at the very tail of the word.
–ùn --same thing but for masculine gender.
–o --Neutral gender affix.

If none of these affixes is present within the word,then that word has no gender at all, i.e, is genderless. Such type of words are words for objects of the surrounding envoirment and non animated objects. + locations and places unless they have a name. (Trees,knifes,utensils and tools,etc.
#5 wrote:
Prefixes
Nu– For negativity.
Example: numaly (unhappy)
#6 wrote:
Tense Examples:
#1 The fire is burning. (Present simple, the fire is burning now.)
Tequ furinún ni olú. Literal translation: The fire be burning.

#2 The fire will be burning (soon). Future tense, the fire isn't burning yet but it will be.
Gem'mo furinún olúpfezha. Glossary: Will be—fire–burning. [Verb + after ]

#3 The fire burnt Maya's diary. Past tense- it burnt before. [ Verb + before ]
Tequ furinún olúzeul nowatelume sa Maya zal.

#4 Maya's mother make her cook dinner. (Causitive present) [ Verb + make + present ]
Na'nána sa Maya weah nghuweni ha'gat. Glossary: Mother of Maya—make—verb—meal.

#5 I will make someone give something to you. (Causitive future) [ verb + make + after ]
Na'àh gem'mo weahzal atømanu igremo ynma. Glossary: I—will make—someone—give—something—you.

#7 wrote:
Ni-be
Atri-are
Ahni-is
Atni- am
#8 wrote:
Pronouns
I like some of the old pronouns so I decided to bring them back. But there are slight changes and tweaks.
Barkskin Watcher Ladies' pronnouns:
Formal vs Informal
Formal
Na'áh atni- I am
Ynma atri - You are
Weah ahni -She is
|
|
|
|
Na'áhte- (We)
Ynm'áte (You)
We'áhte (They)
Quote:
The formal pronouns lack the sense of semi-familliarity that informal ones have.
When using these pronouns, one adresses an important person. Therefore the tone and feel are still polite but also professionally detached.
Na'ava (I)
Yinwa (You)
Kynlaá (She)
[Nextcol]

?
?
?

[nextcol]
Na'a?vate (We)
Yinwate (You)
Kynlaáte (They)
[/columns]

——————————
Lore clan
+9H FR
Bio codes! (Free)
-------------------- Random stuff i found and moved here ------------------------------ [center][Font=times new roman]| Grammatical |[color=transparent]==[/color]| Regular |[/center] [Columns] [item=Barkskin Watcher][Nextcol] [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#8a4601]Pronouns,[/color][/size] [Font=times new roman][color=#bfa488][i]Pronouns- The words we mainly use to address people,or dragons,familiars,and other things like objects from our surrounding environment, creatures,etc. without directly saying their name. [center][color=#8a4601][i][b]Part 3 for the ladies![/b][/i][/color][/center] ------[/Columns] [Size=3][Font=times new roman][b]Notes:[/b][/size] [Size=2][Font=times new roman]• I believe the sounds found within the female pronouns are going to be ...a little more on the gentle and soft side unlike the lads where most of the sounds are slightly harsher or firmer. • Definitely much less thrills here. Yep. I mean, there still might be a few thrills here and there, but they're significantly less in comparison to the male pronouns. [/size] - - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - --- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - [Columns][Columns] [img]https://flightrising.com/images/icons/small_female.png[/img] [center][Size=6]I[/size] (Singular, Informal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]You[/size] (Singular, Informal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]She[/size] (Singular, Informal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]We[/size] (Plural for 2 individuals) (Informal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]We[/size] (Plural for more than 2 individuals) (Informal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]You[/size] (Plural for 2 individuals) (Informal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]You[/size] (Plural for more than 2 individuals) (Informal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]They[/size] (Plural for 2 individuals) (Informal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]They[/size] (Plural for more than 2 individuals) (Informal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Them[/size] (Plural for 2 individuals) (Informal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Them[/size] (Plural for more than 2 individuals) (Informal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Nextcol] [Color=transparent] | | | [Nextcol] [Nextcol] [Color=transparent] | | | [Nextcol] [Nextcol] [Color=transparent] | | | [Nextcol] [center] [Size=6]Jinka[/size] [Yinka] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Ywa[/size] [ Iwa] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Kynma[/size] [Kin'ma] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Aqatyn[/size] [A'ka'tyn] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Aqatym[/size] [A'ka'tym] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Wayan[/size] [Wa'ian] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Wayam[/size] [Wa'iam] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Ayin[/size] [A'yin] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Ayim[/size] [A'yim] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Qwallyn[/size] [Kwal'lyn] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Qwallym[/size] [Kwal'lym] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [/Columns] [Nextcol] | | | | | | | | | | | | × | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | × | | | | | | | | | | | | × | | | | | | | | | | | | [Nextcol] [center][Size=6]I[/size] (Singular, Formal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]You[/size] (Singular, Formal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]She[/size] (Singular, Formal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]We[/size] (Plural for 2 individuals) (Formal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]We[/size] (Plural for more than 2 individuals) (Formal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]You[/size] (Plural for 2 individuals) (Formal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]You[/size] (Plural for more than 2 individuals) (Formal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]They[/size] (Plural for 2 individuals) (Formal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]They[/size] (Plural for more than 2 individuals) (Formal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Them[/size] (Plural for 2 individuals) (Formal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Them[/size] (Plural for more than 2 individuals) (Formal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Nextcol] [Color=transparent] | | | [Nextcol] [Nextcol] [Color=transparent] | | | [Nextcol] [Nextcol] [Color=transparent] | | | [Nextcol] [center] [Size=6]Jinma[/size] [Yin'ma] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Ynwa[/size] [Inwa] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Kynna[/size] [Kin'na] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Aqlahyn[/size] [Akla'in] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Aqlahym[/size] [Akla'im] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Wanan[/size] [Wa'nan] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Wanam[/size] [Wa'nam] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Allyin[/size] [Al'lyin] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Allyim[/size] [Al'lyim] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Qwayin[/size] [Kwa'in] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Qwayim[/size] [Kwa'im] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [/Columns] --------------------------------- [center][Font=times new roman]| Grammatical |[color=transparent]==[/color]| Regular |[/center] [Columns] [item=Grove Piper][Nextcol] [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#8a4601]Pronouns,[/color][/size] [Font=times new roman][color=#bfa488][i]Pronouns- The words we mainly use to address people,or dragons,familiars,and other things like objects from our surrounding environment, creatures,etc. without directly saying their name. [center][color=#8a4601][i][b]Part 2![/b][/i][/color][/center] ------[/Columns] [Font=times new roman][Size=3][b]Notes:[/b][/size] [Size=2]• For this "section" I won't add the letters of the alphabet because- A) It takes precious minutes that I probably wasted already. And B) Don't feel like it's necessary since I likely will delve into grammar right away with them. I.e I start wrestling with the language's grammar after dealing with the pronouns. • For the sake of simplicity to try and somehow counter the inevitable complexity, I will nullify a few rules from the old language. Actually: all rules are nullified! This is its own thing. So let's finally get down to mistake making! [B]"when it comes down to pronouns, the gender and number of the things we're talking about is of much bigger significance." [/b][/Size] - - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - --- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - [Font=times new roman][Size=3][b]Notes:[/b][/size] [Size=2]• It's worth to note that sage speech has separate pronouns for both gender. • There are different forms for the pronouns in singular and plural; • There's a set of pronouns for formal and informal; (All of which are probably adaptations made by the speakers who first got access to the language) • I'm doing a change here- Glottal stops are still question marks but the there are (') before the syllable that's stressed. • I'm adding back the "m" and "n" for numbers. • Macrons are out! If there are long vowels I'll just write the letter however much needed to show how long it is! [Columns][Columns] [img]https://flightrising.com/images/icons/small_male.png[/img] [center][Size=6]I[/size] (Singular, Informal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]You[/size] (Singular, Informal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]He[/size] (Singular, Informal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]We[/size] (Plural for 2 individuals) (Informal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]We[/size] (Plural for more than 2 individuals) (Informal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]You[/size] (Plural for 2 individuals) (Informal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]You[/size] (Plural for more than 2 individuals) (Informal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]They[/size] (Plural for 2 individuals) (Informal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]They[/size] (Plural for more than 2 individuals) (Informal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Them[/size] (Plural for 2 individuals) (Informal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Them[/size] (Plural for more than 2 individuals) (Informal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Nextcol] [Color=transparent] | | | [Nextcol] [Nextcol] [Color=transparent] | | | [Nextcol] [Nextcol] [Color=transparent] | | | [Nextcol] [center] [Size=6]Ari[/size] [Oori] Alt. Transcription: [A?ri] [Size=6]Turi[/size] [Túri] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Iri[/size] [Irii] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Arin[/size] [A'rin] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Arim[/size] [Oorim] Alt. Transcription: [A?rim] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Turrin[/size] [Túr'rin] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Turrim[/size] [Túr'rim] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Iriin[/size] [Iri'in] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Iriim[/size] [Iri'im] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Irihkin[/size] [Iri' kin] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Irihkim[/size] [Iri' kim] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [/Columns] [Nextcol] | | | | | | | | | | | | × | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | × | | | | | | | | | | | | × | | | | | | | | | | | | [Nextcol] [center][Size=6]I[/size] (Singular, Formal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]You[/size] (Singular, Formal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]He[/size] (Singular, Formal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]We[/size] (Plural for 2 individuals) (Formal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]We[/size] (Plural for more than 2 individuals) (Formal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]You[/size] (Plural for 2 individuals) (Formal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]You[/size] (Plural for more than 2 individuals) (Formal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]They[/size] (Plural for 2 individuals) (Formal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]They[/size] (Plural for more than 2 individuals) (Formal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Them[/size] (Plural for 2 individuals) (Formal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Them[/size] (Plural for more than 2 individuals) (Formal ) [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Nextcol] [Color=transparent] | | | [Nextcol] [Nextcol] [Color=transparent] | | | [Nextcol] [Nextcol] [Color=transparent] | | | [Nextcol] [center] [Size=6]Meori[/size] [Meohri] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Tessuri[/size] [Tis' suri] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Irriv[/size] [Ir'riv] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Meorin[/size] [Me'oh' rin] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Meorim[/size] [Me'oh'rim] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Tessurin[/size] [Te'su'rin] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Tessurim[/size] [Te'su'rim] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Irriqyn[/size] [Irri'kin] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Irriqym[/size] [Irri'kim] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Irihkqin[/size] [Irik'kin] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Size=6]Irihkqim[/size] [Ir'yihk'kim] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [Color=transparent]====[/color] [/Columns] -------------- -------- [center][Font=times new roman]| Grammatical |[color=transparent]==[/color]| Regular |[/center] [Columns] [item=Spotted Faun][Nextcol] [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#8a4601]Pronouns,[/color][/size] [Font=times new roman][color=#bfa488][i]Pronouns- The words we mainly use to address people,or dragons,familiars,and other things like objects from our surrounding environment, creatures,etc. without directly saying their name.[/i][/color] ------[/Columns] [Font=times new roman][Size=3][b]Notes:[/b][/size] [Size=2]• For this "section" I won't add the letters of the alphabet because- A) It takes precious minutes that I probably wasted already. And B) Don't feel like it's necessary since I likely will delve into grammar right away with them. I.e I start wrestling with the language's grammar after dealing with the pronouns. • For the sake of simplicity to try and somehow counter the inevitable complexity, I will nullify a few rules from the old language. Actually: all rules are nullified! This is its own thing. So let's finally get down to mistake making! [/Size] ------- [Font=times new roman]So. Where to start with these? The pronouns are usually used for people right? But the closest thing to people are the humanoid races known as 'beasts' or 'beastfolk'. And what are dragons in that regard? I hardly think that the word 'person' or 'people' really applies to them since, well, they're basically either flying magical lizards or magical flying dinosaurs...in other words: Dragons are reptilians- reptiles instead of mammals like humans...or the humanoids. While this little possibly one-sided conversation may seem irrelevant but it's actually fairly important. Because it also decides on what creatures are perceived as 'beasts'. Just ponder on that for a moment: Beastclans don't see themselves,probably, as monsters or what they are called by the dragons. So they're less likely to use that kind of word to, refer to themselves, instead possibly opting for the words 'person', 'people' or 'individual'- if some are trying to sound real fancy for some reason. Therefore, they [the Beastclans] are much more likely to use the words 'beast', 'creature' or 'being' in regards to other organisms that don't hold familiar resemblance, like the various animals for instance. Or the monsters found around the place, and even- dragons. Ok, same applies [i]for[/i] the dragons except it could be reversed. Or maybe they don't utilize those kind of words at all? Instead preferring to use the pronouns for one's gender and name? Yeah however that's not the best solution either, is it? Maybe Dragonkind uses words like 'individual', 'fellow' or 'fella', 'drake', 'dragon' and even words that indicate the other dragon's age? Like 'hatchling', 'fledgling', 'teenager', 'adolescent', 'young adult', 'adult'? It would otherwise (at least in my ears) sound rather odd and it's (again this is in my opinion) quite offputting. To better illustrate what I'm trying to say, here's a quick scenario of two dragons talking about another dragon. In the first case they use some of the aforementioned words that I pointed out and in the next- the ones that are odd. Both scenarios will be put side to side for comparison. [b]- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - -- - -×- - [/b] [Columns] [b]1)[/b] Ray and Ara are sunbathing on nearby warmed sunlit boulders after a long day of duties and gathering. A young Tundra male passes by their rocks and walks away, Ara starting up a conversation with her friend a moment later after the other has left. "Oh,my gods,Ray did you just saw that?" She questions with a smug grin as she continues to watch the further departing furry dragon with glee. Her comrade, Ray, hums quietly in response then speaks airily- "Hm? Oh that Tundra who just passed by? What about him?" The skydancer asks, draping herself and shifting slightly on her rock to make herself more comfortable. The Coatl turns her green gaze to her as she asks curiously: "Who's he? Do you know him?" Ray smiles and replies calmly, looking at the horizon distractedly- " Kalun? Yeah, I know him- a nice drake to be honest, and, well, really quite a looker if I do say so myself." Ara snorts. " Sure he is. Not bad for an adolescent. But he could look even better." [Nextcol] | | | | | | | | ^ v | | ^ v | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | [Nextcol] [b]2)[/b] Ray and Ara are sunbathing on nearby warmed sunlit boulders after a long day of duties and gathering. A young Tundra male passes by their rocks and walks away, Ara starting up a conversation with her friend a moment later after the other has left. "Oh,my gods,Ray did you just saw that?" She questions with a smug grin as she continues to watch the further departing furry dragon with glee. Her comrade, Ray, hums quietly in response then speaks airily- "Hm? Oh that Tundra who just passed by? What about him?" The skydancer asks, draping herself and shifting slightly on her rock to make herself more comfortable. The Coatl turns her green gaze to her as she asks curiously: "Who's he? Do you know him?" Ray smiles and replies calmly, looking at the horizon distractedly- " Kalun? Yeah, I know him- a nice person to be honest, and, well, really quite a looker if I do say so myself." Ara snorts. " Sure he is. Not bad for an adolescent. But he could look even better." [/Columns] [b]- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - -- - -×- - [/b] [Font=times new roman]Now. I want you to take a close look at the scenarios and answer my question with a simple 'yes' or 'no'. [center][Font=times new roman]Does something about the second scenario feel a little bit out of place? Jarring?[/center] [Font=times new roman]If the answer is positive, then I believe you see my point. I'm wasn't saying, that utilising such words is wrong by any means. Just that it doesn't sound very well. If your hypothetical answer is negative however...Please have another look at both of them. No stressing, just reread them. Alright with that finally out of the way, let's think about the language itself for a bit. It's not called specifically Sage speech for no reason, right? So, this language has been primarily spoken by some sort of sages like the dragon deities or the Ancient seven deities before the elementals? Okay, were they [ the deities] aware of the Beastclans? Short answer is yes. To better make sense, now's a good moment to hop back to binge read the legend about the Ancients in order to fully understand what I'm babbling on about. Or maybe stick around regardless? The choice is yours, I don't mind either way. Now here's the question: Did the Ancients (Sages) refer to the Beastclans as beasts or as something else? Like people? Taking into account that each of them is a remnant of the All mother who had been around when humans were still present...therefore each of them share collectively her memories of the Second age and the events that had transpired both after and before it....Probably. After all, I doubt the All mother has viewed the humans and respectively, the Beastclans, as actual beasts. ------------ [Font=times new roman] And after that rather long Introduction to the whole thing, we at long last get to the meat of things- the Main event. [i]I'm going to guess that when it comes down to pronouns, the gender and number of the things we're talking about is of much bigger significance. [/i] But that whole brainstorming was still nice to do, and might come handy later on. So...consider this part 1. ---------------------------- So! Here it is- ----------- [center][Font=times new roman][Size=6]- - - -=×=×||Dictionary of Sage speech||×=×=- - - -[/size] Here is where I will keep all of the words that I come up with for this language. [/center] [Columns][Item=ancestral Incense][Nextcol][Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=olive]Root words[/color][/size] [Color=#bfbc95]What I didn't pay much attention to-if not at all- when creating Old speech, was the factor of root words. So today I will start coining root words from which other words will follow, breaking off into two subcategories: Regular and Grammatical, the latter touching on the syntax and grammatical part that...I may not bother to mess with today. ------[/Columns][center][Font=times new roman]| Regular |[color=transparent]==[/color]| Grammatical |[/center] ---------- [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#d95050]A[/color][/size] [b]Animal[/b] [b]Act[/b]- Naq [b]Attack[/b]- Kat'tax [b]Attract[/b]- Ralluh [b]Attempt[/b]- Erriene [b]Attent[/b]- Lytes [b]Arrive[/b]- Zauv [b]Associate[/b]- Conekito [b]Align[/b]- Haphra [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#db6618]B[/color][/size] [b]Be[/b]- Vu [b]Breath[/b]- Gawru [b]Body[/b]- Typfu [b]Bone[/b]- Tuk [b]Back[/b]- Fluwan [b]Beast[/b]- Frizyrak [b]Being[/b]- Yutep [b]Beak[/b]- Kaxhi [b]Bake[/b]- Aemim [b]Break[/b]- Kseth [b]Bring[/b]- Bellro [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#db6618]C[/color][/size] [b]Creature[/b]- Imnaegre [b]Create[/b]- Imnaeg [b]Craft[/b]- Itukte [b]Cry[/b]- Aawrul [b]Crease[/b]- Afalre [b]Crawl[/b]- Sihepot [b]Cook[/b]- Uwamim [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#ebc934]D[/color][/size] [b]Do[/b]- Nu [b]Doubt[/b]- Ruq [b]Dive[/b]- Djitte [b]Drink[/b]- Gle [b]Drive[/b]- Zhiiri [b]Divide[/b]- Xa'gat [b]Divine[/b]- Ylaewlu [b]Dragon[/b]- Fergoz [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#c0d128]E[/color][/size] [b]Era[/b]- Tade [b]Equal[/b]- Fuls [b]Equip[/b]- Dzatu [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#4ead24]F[/color][/size] [b]Fly[/b]- Lyfa [b]Front[/b]- Turnuk [b]Flight[/b]- Lyfatsa [b]Fight[/b]- Ukat'tak [b]Flee[/b]- Ryuveru [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#22ba38]G[/color][/size] [b]Grab[/b]- Kurrat [b]Grow[/b]- Hineho [b]Gear[/b]- Atoru [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#22ba75]H[/color][/size] [b]Heal[/b]- Medoral [b]Heart[/b]- Btunra [b]High[/b]- Syvaw [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#22baa8]I[/color][/size] [b]Idea[/b]- Rawal [b]Identity[/b]- Rawal Tego Yunri [b]Idol[/b]- Ewlu [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#26cfde]J[/color][/size] [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#268ede]K[/color][/size] [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#264bde]L[/color][/size] [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#3b26de]M[/color][/size] [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#6f26de]N[/color][/size] [b]No[/b]- Ume [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#de26de]O[/color][/size] [b]One[/b]- Tego [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#de26b0]P[/color][/size] [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#de268b]Q[/color][/size] [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#de2676]R[/color][/size] [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#de265d]S[/color][/size] [b]oneself[/b]- Tego Yunri [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#de2647]T[/color][/size] [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#de2626]W[/color][/size] [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#ab1313]V[/color][/size] [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#800808]X[/color][/size] [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#690707]Y[/color][/size] [b]Yes[/b]- Veyh [Font=times new roman][Size=4][color=#eb3838]Z[/color][/size]

Random stuff i found and moved here
| Grammatical |==| Regular |

Barkskin Watcher

Pronouns,
Pronouns- The words we mainly use to address people,or dragons,familiars,and other things like objects from our surrounding environment, creatures,etc. without directly saying their name.
Part 3 for the ladies!

Notes:
• I believe the sounds found within the female pronouns are going to be ...a little more on the gentle and soft side unlike the lads where most of the sounds are slightly harsher or firmer.
• Definitely much less thrills here. Yep.
I mean, there still might be a few thrills here and there, but they're significantly less in comparison to the male pronouns.

- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - --- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - -
small_female.png
I
(Singular, Informal )
====

You
(Singular, Informal )
====

She
(Singular, Informal )
====

We
(Plural for 2 individuals)
(Informal )
====

We
(Plural for more than 2 individuals)
(Informal )
====

You
(Informal )
====

You
(Informal )
====

They
(Informal )
====

They
(Informal )
====

Them
(Informal )
====

Them
(Informal )
====

|
|
|

|
|
|

|
|
|
Jinka
[Yinka]
====
====

Ywa
[ Iwa]
====
====

Kynma
[Kin'ma]
====

Aqatyn
[A'ka'tyn]
====
====

Aqatym
[A'ka'tym]
====
====

Wayan
[Wa'ian]
====
====

Wayam
[Wa'iam]
====
====

Ayin
[A'yin]
====
====

Ayim
[A'yim]
====
====

Qwallyn
[Kwal'lyn]
====
====

Qwallym
[Kwal'lym]
====
====
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
I
(Singular, Formal )
====

You
(Singular, Formal )
====

She
(Singular, Formal )
====

We
(Formal )
====

We
(Formal )
====

You
(Formal )
====

You
(Formal )
====

They
(Formal )
====

They
(Formal )
====

Them
(Formal )
====

Them
(Formal )
====

|
|
|

|
|
|

|
|
|
Jinma
[Yin'ma]
====
====

Ynwa
[Inwa]
====
====

Kynna
[Kin'na]
====
====

Aqlahyn
[Akla'in]
====
====

Aqlahym
[Akla'im]
====
====

Wanan
[Wa'nan]
====
====

Wanam
[Wa'nam]
====
====

Allyin
[Al'lyin]
====
====

Allyim
[Al'lyim]
====
====

Qwayin
[Kwa'in]
====
====

Qwayim
[Kwa'im]
====
====

Grove Piper

Pronouns,
Pronouns- The words we mainly use to address people,or dragons,familiars,and other things like objects from our surrounding environment, creatures,etc. without directly saying their name.
Part 2!

Notes:
• For this "section" I won't add the letters of the alphabet because-
A) It takes precious minutes that I probably wasted already.
And B) Don't feel like it's necessary since I likely will delve into grammar right away with them. I.e I start wrestling with the language's grammar after dealing with the pronouns.

• For the sake of simplicity to try and somehow counter the inevitable complexity, I will nullify a few rules from the old language. Actually: all rules are nullified! This is its own thing. So let's finally get down to mistake making!

"when it comes down to pronouns, the gender and number of the things we're talking about is of much bigger significance."

- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - --- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - -
Notes:
• It's worth to note that sage speech has separate pronouns for both gender.
• There are different forms for the pronouns in singular and plural;
• There's a set of pronouns for formal and informal;
(All of which are probably adaptations made by the speakers who first got access to the language)
• I'm doing a change here- Glottal stops are still question marks but the there are (') before the syllable that's stressed.
• I'm adding back the "m" and "n" for numbers.
• Macrons are out! If there are long vowels I'll just write the letter however much needed to show how long it is!
small_male.png
I
(Singular, Informal )
====

You
(Singular, Informal )
====

He
(Singular, Informal )
====

We
(Informal )
====

We
(Informal )
====

You
(Informal )
====

You
(Informal )
====

They
(Informal )
====

They
(Informal )
====

Them
(Informal )
====

Them
(Informal )
====

|
|
|

|
|
|

|
|
|

Ari
[Oori]
Alt. Transcription:
[A?ri]

Turi
[Túri]
====

Iri
[Irii]
====

Arin
[A'rin]
====

Arim
[Oorim]
Alt. Transcription:
[A?rim]
====

Turrin
[Túr'rin]
====
====

Turrim
[Túr'rim]
====
====

Iriin
[Iri'in]
====
====

Iriim
[Iri'im]
====
====

Irihkin
[Iri' kin]
====
====

Irihkim
[Iri' kim]
====
====
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
I
(Singular, Formal )
====

You
(Singular, Formal )
====

He
(Singular, Formal )
====

We
(Formal )
====

We
(Formal )
====

You
(Formal )
====

You
(Formal )
====

They
(Formal )
====

They
(Formal )
====

Them
(Formal )
====

Them
(Formal )
====

|
|
|

|
|
|

|
|
|
Meori
[Meohri]
====
====

Tessuri
[Tis' suri]
====
====

Irriv
[Ir'riv]
====
====

Meorin
[Me'oh' rin]
====
====

Meorim
[Me'oh'rim]
====
====

Tessurin
[Te'su'rin]
====
====

Tessurim
[Te'su'rim]
====
====

Irriqyn
[Irri'kin]
====
====

Irriqym
[Irri'kim]
====
====

Irihkqin
[Irik'kin]
====
====

Irihkqim
[Ir'yihk'kim]
====
====

Spotted Faun

Pronouns,

Notes:
• For this "section" I won't add the letters of the alphabet because-
A) It takes precious minutes that I probably wasted already.
And B) Don't feel like it's necessary since I likely will delve into grammar right away with them. I.e I start wrestling with the language's grammar after dealing with the pronouns.

• For the sake of simplicity to try and somehow counter the inevitable complexity, I will nullify a few rules from the old language. Actually: all rules are nullified! This is its own thing. So let's finally get down to mistake making!

So. Where to start with these?
The pronouns are usually used for people right? But the closest thing to people are the humanoid races known as 'beasts' or 'beastfolk'. And what are dragons in that regard? I hardly think that the word 'person' or 'people' really applies to them since, well, they're basically either flying magical lizards or magical flying dinosaurs...in other words:

Dragons are reptilians- reptiles instead of mammals like humans...or the humanoids.
While this little possibly one-sided conversation may seem irrelevant but it's actually fairly important. Because it also decides on what creatures are perceived as 'beasts'.
Just ponder on that for a moment:

Beastclans don't see themselves,probably, as monsters or what they are called by the dragons. So they're less likely to use that kind of word to, refer to themselves, instead possibly opting for the words 'person', 'people' or 'individual'- if some are trying to sound real fancy for some reason.
Therefore, they [the Beastclans] are much more likely to use the words 'beast', 'creature' or 'being' in regards to other organisms that don't hold familiar resemblance, like the various animals for instance. Or the monsters found around the place, and even- dragons.

Ok, same applies for the dragons except it could be reversed. Or maybe they don't utilize those kind of words at all? Instead preferring to use the pronouns for one's gender and name? Yeah however that's not the best solution either, is it?
Maybe Dragonkind uses words like 'individual', 'fellow' or 'fella', 'drake', 'dragon' and even words that indicate the other dragon's age? Like 'hatchling', 'fledgling', 'teenager', 'adolescent', 'young adult', 'adult'?

It would otherwise (at least in my ears) sound rather odd and it's (again this is in my opinion) quite offputting. To better illustrate what I'm trying to say, here's a quick scenario of two dragons talking about another dragon.

In the first case they use some of the aforementioned words that I pointed out and in the next- the ones that are odd. Both scenarios will be put side to side for comparison.
- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - -- - -×- -
1) Ray and Ara are sunbathing on nearby warmed sunlit boulders after a long day of duties and gathering.
A young Tundra male passes by their rocks and walks away, Ara starting up a conversation with her friend a moment later after the other has left.

"Oh,my gods,Ray did you just saw that?" She questions with a smug grin as she continues to watch the further departing furry dragon with glee.
Her comrade, Ray, hums quietly in response then speaks airily-

"Hm? Oh that Tundra who just passed by? What about him?" The skydancer asks, draping herself and shifting slightly on her rock to make herself more comfortable.
The Coatl turns her green gaze to her as she asks curiously:

"Who's he? Do you know him?"

Ray smiles and replies calmly, looking at the horizon distractedly-
" Kalun? Yeah, I know him- a nice drake to be honest, and, well, really quite a looker if I do say so myself."

Ara snorts.
" Sure he is. Not bad for an adolescent. But he could look even better."
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
^
v
|
|
^
v
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
2) Ray and Ara are sunbathing on nearby warmed sunlit boulders after a long day of duties and gathering.
A young Tundra male passes by their rocks and walks away, Ara starting up a conversation with her friend a moment later after the other has left.

"Oh,my gods,Ray did you just saw that?" She questions with a smug grin as she continues to watch the further departing furry dragon with glee.
Her comrade, Ray, hums quietly in response then speaks airily-

"Hm? Oh that Tundra who just passed by? What about him?" The skydancer asks, draping herself and shifting slightly on her rock to make herself more comfortable.
The Coatl turns her green gaze to her as she asks curiously:

"Who's he? Do you know him?"

Ray smiles and replies calmly, looking at the horizon distractedly-
" Kalun? Yeah, I know him- a nice person to be honest, and, well, really quite a looker if I do say so myself."

Ara snorts.
" Sure he is. Not bad for an adolescent. But he could look even better."
- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - -- - -×- - -××- - -- - - - - - - - -- - -- - -×- -
Now. I want you to take a close look at the scenarios and answer my question with a simple 'yes' or 'no'.

Does something about the second scenario feel a little bit out of place? Jarring?
If the answer is positive, then I believe you see my point.
I'm wasn't saying, that utilising such words is wrong by any means. Just that it doesn't sound very well.

If your hypothetical answer is negative however...Please have another look at both of them. No stressing, just reread them.

Alright with that finally out of the way, let's think about the language itself for a bit.
It's not called specifically Sage speech for no reason, right? So, this language has been primarily spoken by some sort of sages like the dragon deities or the Ancient seven deities before the elementals? Okay, were they [ the deities] aware of the Beastclans?

Short answer is yes.
To better make sense, now's a good moment to hop back to binge read the legend about the Ancients in order to fully understand what I'm babbling on about. Or maybe stick around regardless? The choice is yours, I don't mind either way.

Now here's the question: Did the Ancients (Sages) refer to the Beastclans as beasts or as something else? Like people? Taking into account that each of them is a remnant of the All mother who had been around when humans were still present...therefore each of them share collectively her memories of the Second age and the events that had transpired both after and before it....Probably.
After all, I doubt the All mother has viewed the humans and respectively, the Beastclans, as actual beasts.

And after that rather long Introduction to the whole thing, we at long last get to the meat of things- the Main event.
I'm going to guess that when it comes down to pronouns, the gender and number of the things we're talking about is of much bigger significance.

But that whole brainstorming was still nice to do, and might come handy later on.

So...consider this part 1.

So! Here it is-
- - - -=×=×||Dictionary of Sage speech||×=×=- - - -
Here is where I will keep all of the words that I come up with for this language.
Ancestral Incense Root words
What I didn't pay much attention to-if not at all- when creating Old speech, was the factor of root words. So today I will start coining root words from which other words will follow, breaking off into two subcategories: Regular and Grammatical, the latter touching on the syntax and grammatical part that...I may not bother to mess with today.

| Regular |==| Grammatical |

A
Animal

Act- Naq

Attack- Kat'tax

Attract- Ralluh

Attempt- Erriene

Attent- Lytes

Arrive- Zauv

Associate- Conekito

Align- Haphra

B
Be- Vu

Breath- Gawru

Body- Typfu

Bone- Tuk

Back- Fluwan

Beast- Frizyrak

Being- Yutep

Beak- Kaxhi

Bake- Aemim

Break- Kseth

Bring- Bellro

C
Creature- Imnaegre

Create- Imnaeg

Craft- Itukte

Cry- Aawrul

Crease- Afalre

Crawl- Sihepot

Cook- Uwamim

D
Do- Nu

Doubt- Ruq

Dive- Djitte

Drink- Gle

Drive- Zhiiri

Divide- Xa'gat

Divine- Ylaewlu

Dragon- Fergoz

E
Era- Tade

Equal- Fuls

Equip- Dzatu

F
Fly- Lyfa

Front- Turnuk

Flight- Lyfatsa

Fight- Ukat'tak

Flee- Ryuveru

G
Grab- Kurrat

Grow- Hineho

Gear- Atoru

H
Heal- Medoral

Heart- Btunra

High- Syvaw

I
Idea- Rawal

Identity- Rawal Tego Yunri

Idol- Ewlu

J

K

L

M

N
No- Ume

O
One- Tego

P

Q

R

S
oneself- Tego Yunri

T

W

V

X

Y
Yes- Veyh

Z
——————————
Lore clan
+9H FR
Bio codes! (Free)
Beginner's guide
Beginner's guide
——————————
Lore clan
+9H FR
Bio codes! (Free)

Just random notes
48s1o2.png

Just random notes
48s1o2.png
——————————
Lore clan
+9H FR
Bio codes! (Free)