Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Washed Out - Pinkerlocke
1 2 3 4
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Od2Exme.png[/img] [font=cambria][size=6]Chapter 9 - - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font][/center] [center][color=transparent]In which, Riptide deals with flooding and AAAAHHH MAH HART[/color][/center] [font=gabriola][size=6]"W[/size][size=5]hat do you think we should do with this pearl, Lady Bean?"[/size][font=times] Riptide hummed to Bean, showing her the almost perfect pearl he found in one of his oysters that Bean got for him. [font=gabriola][size=6]"N[/size][size=5]ot food? No ideas."[/size][font=times] She hummed and shrugged. Bean climbed down from Riptide's shoulder and grabbed her rug-blanket. She wrapped it around herself and hopped over by the small stove. Riptide sat down next to her by the stove and threw more small broken furniture pieces into it and poked them around with a chair leg. Bean curled up in his lap and started humming. Riptide thought the tune was familiar, but couldn't remember the words. He could only remember the name; [i][u]Once Upon a Lost Ember[/u][/i]. Riptide closed his eyes and hummed along with Bean. [size=6]W[/size]hen Bean finished humming the sad song, she stood up in Riptide's lap and gave him a hug. [size=6]"B[/size]eem luv you Didi." She said squeezing as tight as she could. [size=6]"I[/size] love you too Bean." Riptide said, hugging her back. He scooped her up in his arms and squeezed until she started wheeze-giggling, then he set her back down in his lap and she snuggled back up with her rug, humming a happier song that Riptide didn't recognize. [center][font=cambria][size=6]- - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font] [font=cambria][size=5]Item from Pinkerton: [item=berserker's belt] [i][b]Berserker's Belt[/b] Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke[/i][/center] [center][font=cambria][size=6]- - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font][/center] [font=times][size=6]A[/size] loud clap of thunder interrupted Riptide and Bean's peaceful music and lightning lit up the inside of their shelter through the thick cover on the wall. Riptide listened and realized the rain was coming down harder. [size=6]R[/size]iptide quickly set Bean down next to the stove and told her to stay put. He then limped over to the flap and peered out but he was pelted with incoming rain and had to duck back inside. He looked back at Bean and saw the concerned look on her face. He gave her a reassuring smile and felt water trickle over his feet. Looking down to see water starting to flow into their ramshackle shelter, Riptide ran over to Bean and plopped her on the counter next to the stove. Water was starting to pool in the cracks in the floor. [i][size=6]T[/size]hink fast.[/i] Riptide told himself as he looked around the broken living quarters and in cabinets for anything that could hold water. He finally found a chipped pitcher and ran outside to assess the situation. He took one step off the solid house floor and fell into a puddle that rose above his ankles, and was pelted by fast-moving rain. He shielded his eyes and looked around to see a rather large washout diverting water towards their house. Scooping water and bailing it out of the washout as he went, he started attempting to divert the washout off the cliff towards the back of their house. [size=6]M[/size]oving dirt with the narrow-mouthed pitcher wasn't working fast enough, so Riptide decided what better time than now to get dirty? The rain might actually wash him off faster than he could grub up. Scooping and moving, Riptide managed to dig out a small trench and used the dirt from that to block up the washout and move the water off the cliff. [size=6]"L[/size]et's see how long that holds." An exhausted Riptide said to himself grabbing his pitcher and bailing more water out of the washout to prevent the wind from tossing it into their warm shelter. One of the sides of the cover on their house came loose and was flapping madly in the wind. Before Riptide went in and checked on Bean and how badly the house was flooded, he tied it back down as tightly as he could to the stake in the ground that it was previously tied to. He also washed what mud he could out of his feathers in the puddle that had attempted to wash them out of their home. [size=6]D[/size]ucking back inside, Riptide found a scared Bean hiding under her blanket and sandwiched in a gap between the counter she was on previously, and the stove which seemed to have gone out and was cooling off. Quickly relighting the fire, Riptide dried off as best he could and picked up Bean, holding her close. It can't be that late, can it? It had to be at least before noon. [size=6]S[/size]haking his head, Riptide propped himself in the corner near the stove and tried to read more of the book to Bean before she lost interested and just began to hold a somewhat broken conversation with him; her draconic still wasn't the best, but whenever she stumbled on a word she didn't know in draconic, she said it to the best of her ability in Coatl and Riptide still understood. That was one of the good things about having a bi-lingual adopted dad, Bean thought. [size=6]O[/size]utside, the rain somehow seemed to not be affecting the spire. No mud washed off or filled in holes or cracks where the purple or yellow stone was peeking through. And neither was the underlying stone shining brightly, only the tip and side of the spire where the yellow and purple were respectively showing was glowing ever so slightly. [center][font=cambria][size=6]- - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font][/center] @Darkmoonbreeder @ZippoFeuer [size=1]Geeze, almost a month and I throw this at you. I'm crying on the inside for how long this took, AND for what just I just made happen.[/size]
Od2Exme.png

Chapter 9
- - - • • • • • - - -
In which, Riptide deals with flooding and AAAAHHH MAH HART
"What do you think we should do with this pearl, Lady Bean?" Riptide hummed to Bean, showing her the almost perfect pearl he found in one of his oysters that Bean got for him.
"Not food? No ideas." She hummed and shrugged. Bean climbed down from Riptide's shoulder and grabbed her rug-blanket. She wrapped it around herself and hopped over by the small stove. Riptide sat down next to her by the stove and threw more small broken furniture pieces into it and poked them around with a chair leg. Bean curled up in his lap and started humming. Riptide thought the tune was familiar, but couldn't remember the words. He could only remember the name; Once Upon a Lost Ember. Riptide closed his eyes and hummed along with Bean.
When Bean finished humming the sad song, she stood up in Riptide's lap and gave him a hug.
"Beem luv you Didi." She said squeezing as tight as she could.
"I love you too Bean." Riptide said, hugging her back. He scooped her up in his arms and squeezed until she started wheeze-giggling, then he set her back down in his lap and she snuggled back up with her rug, humming a happier song that Riptide didn't recognize.

- - - • • • • • - - -

Item from Pinkerton:
Berserker's Belt
Berserker's Belt
Materials:
Do some writing for your nuzlocke
- - - • • • • • - - -

A loud clap of thunder interrupted Riptide and Bean's peaceful music and lightning lit up the inside of their shelter through the thick cover on the wall. Riptide listened and realized the rain was coming down harder.
Riptide quickly set Bean down next to the stove and told her to stay put. He then limped over to the flap and peered out but he was pelted with incoming rain and had to duck back inside. He looked back at Bean and saw the concerned look on her face. He gave her a reassuring smile and felt water trickle over his feet. Looking down to see water starting to flow into their ramshackle shelter, Riptide ran over to Bean and plopped her on the counter next to the stove. Water was starting to pool in the cracks in the floor.
Think fast. Riptide told himself as he looked around the broken living quarters and in cabinets for anything that could hold water. He finally found a chipped pitcher and ran outside to assess the situation. He took one step off the solid house floor and fell into a puddle that rose above his ankles, and was pelted by fast-moving rain. He shielded his eyes and looked around to see a rather large washout diverting water towards their house. Scooping water and bailing it out of the washout as he went, he started attempting to divert the washout off the cliff towards the back of their house.
Moving dirt with the narrow-mouthed pitcher wasn't working fast enough, so Riptide decided what better time than now to get dirty? The rain might actually wash him off faster than he could grub up. Scooping and moving, Riptide managed to dig out a small trench and used the dirt from that to block up the washout and move the water off the cliff.
"Let's see how long that holds." An exhausted Riptide said to himself grabbing his pitcher and bailing more water out of the washout to prevent the wind from tossing it into their warm shelter. One of the sides of the cover on their house came loose and was flapping madly in the wind. Before Riptide went in and checked on Bean and how badly the house was flooded, he tied it back down as tightly as he could to the stake in the ground that it was previously tied to. He also washed what mud he could out of his feathers in the puddle that had attempted to wash them out of their home.
Ducking back inside, Riptide found a scared Bean hiding under her blanket and sandwiched in a gap between the counter she was on previously, and the stove which seemed to have gone out and was cooling off. Quickly relighting the fire, Riptide dried off as best he could and picked up Bean, holding her close. It can't be that late, can it? It had to be at least before noon.
Shaking his head, Riptide propped himself in the corner near the stove and tried to read more of the book to Bean before she lost interested and just began to hold a somewhat broken conversation with him; her draconic still wasn't the best, but whenever she stumbled on a word she didn't know in draconic, she said it to the best of her ability in Coatl and Riptide still understood. That was one of the good things about having a bi-lingual adopted dad, Bean thought.

Outside, the rain somehow seemed to not be affecting the spire. No mud washed off or filled in holes or cracks where the purple or yellow stone was peeking through. And neither was the underlying stone shining brightly, only the tip and side of the spire where the yellow and purple were respectively showing was glowing ever so slightly.

- - - • • • • • - - -

@Darkmoonbreeder @ZippoFeuer
Geeze, almost a month and I throw this at you. I'm crying on the inside for how long this took, AND for what just I just made happen.
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
So carry me from these walls, brother of mine. Show me the world outside, it has to be true. I'm counting on you to be my wings and my eyes.
lbjYA1m.png
This is a really cool nuzlocke! I just spent like an hour reading everything, and I love the way you write! I'd love to be on your pinglist <3
This is a really cool nuzlocke! I just spent like an hour reading everything, and I love the way you write! I'd love to be on your pinglist <3
trilo
she/her
@Trilonyte
Thank you! I have a lot of fun writing this when I have the time. I'll get you on that pinglist!
@Trilonyte
Thank you! I have a lot of fun writing this when I have the time. I'll get you on that pinglist!
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
So carry me from these walls, brother of mine. Show me the world outside, it has to be true. I'm counting on you to be my wings and my eyes.
lbjYA1m.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Od2Exme.png[/img] [font=cambria][size=6]Chapter 10 - - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font][/center] [center][color=transparent]In which, WE FINALLY HIT DOUBLE DIGITS YAY, and everyone has a [i]really[/i] boring day.[/color][/center] [font=times][size=6]"B[/size]eem no wan ur-kin. Beem wan fpfpish Didi." Bean said to Riptide as she pushes her dish away from her. [size=6]"I[/size]'m sorry Bean, but we need to eat up this urchin you found. I don't know how long we can keep it before it goes bad, and I'd like to keep the fish for later since I know their shelf life." Riptide replies. He gently pushes Bean's dish back to her as she scrunches up her nose. Riptide sighs and thinks for a moment. [size=6]"H[/size]ow about I try and make you a special treat after the storm passes? You'll have to eat your urchin though." Riptide offers. Bean tips her head and thinks. [size=6]"O[/size]k Didi. You mak Beem spe-shal thing." Bean says. She pulls her dish towards her and slowly eats her urchin. [font=gabriola][size=6]"G[/size][size=5]lad we could make a deal, Lady Bean."[/size][font=times] Riptide hums as he tries to think about what he could make for Bean. He wanted to try making something sort-of candy related if possible. He could go foraging to try and find some sugar of some sort and some berries. Yeah, that sounded like a plan. [center][font=cambria][size=6]- - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font] [font=cambria][size=5]Item from Pinkerton: [item=shalebuck horn] [i][b]Shalebuck Horn[/b] Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke[/i][/center] [center][font=cambria][size=6]- - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font][/center] [font=times][size=6]A[/size]fter having what Bean could only guess was a late lunch, she got bored and decided to build herself a fort. She propped a few dislodged shelf boards from the broken bookcase onto a rectangular footstool and draped a dirty curtain over it to cover the sides. She then placed her rug-blanket on the floor of her new hut and asked Riptide for something to do. Riptide gave her some paper and a piece of burned-out charcoal from the stove after he made sure it was cool, and told her to draw some pictures. [size=6]R[/size]iptide found and updated his to-do list, adding the things he needed to find to make Bean's treat. There wasn't much else to add to the list other than to continue fixing up their house. Riptide was still in too bad a shape from the Harpy fight to do everything he needed to. Maybe he could rack his brain for any healing herbs he could find while out foraging. He really just needed to head in to the nearest town, but who knows where the nearest town is? [size=6]T[/size]he first thing Bean drew was the spire. Since it was so dirty, she did her best to 'color' it with her lack of other colors to use. Bean then drew her necklace in one of the corners of the same paper. She then scattered various sketchy fish she had seen around the paper and her necklace. Flipping the paper over, Bean started doodling birds and feathers and some bugs she had seen around the town. Once drawing got boring, she got up and wrapped her rug-blanket around her and went to watch the rain outside, which had lightened up quite a bit. The wind had died down as well, but the drizzle persevered. Bean sat and watched the rain before waddling back to her fort to take a nap. [size=6]S[/size]itting and feeding the small stove was all Riptide could think to do. He watched Bean draw, then watch the rain for a few minutes, then go back to her fort. Feeling rather bored, Riptide started wondering about the town. How'd it get like this? Where did all the dragons go? Why was Bean the only other dragon he found? What's that spire for? His mind spiraled around thinking of all his questions and he started getting a headache again. He tried pushing through it attempting to remember anything, but it just got worse, almost like it was blocking him from his memories. [size=6]H[/size]e tried pushing deeper, remembering things from after he woke up and tried to make connections with the feathers he saw rolling across the clearing that first day. He remembered the feeling of everything looking so familiar and tried to place it. He looked over at Bean and saw her rug, almost recognizing it. Looking around the broken house, he could almost place it. But his head throbbed, his eyes burned, tears were starting to roll down his face his head hurt so excruciatingly much. Bean even whimpered and swiped at her head in her sleep, somehow almost sharing his pain. [size=6]R[/size]iptide forced himself to stop trying to remember, picked up Bean, and curled up next to the stove to hopefully help her headache stop. How it [i]stung[/i]! It felt like his brain was throbbing and his skull was splitting. Riptide gritted his teeth and rubbed his head with his free arm. Slowly it went away, leaving Riptide exhausted. He eventually passed out holding Bean to his plumes. [size=6]O[/size]utside, the spire was shining intensely, casting yellow and purple light around the clearing. Chunks of mud fell off revealing much of the spire. Deeper in the earth, two other colors glowed from the unexposed end of the spire. The ground itself glowed blue and red before all the colors faded away into the night. [center][font=cambria][size=6]- - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font][/center] [size=2]Well. Did this make up for the two months of no chapters? I hope it did. And here's to hoping Pinkerton gives me some familiars so more dragons can join us here. Last thing, I updated the Archive and made it look a little prettier. If it looks ugly, please tell me and I'll either put back to the way it was or try and make something better.[/size] @Darkmoonbreeder @ZippoFeuer @Trilonyte [size=2](if you would no longer like to be pinged for this just tell me, I promise I won't get offended)[/size]
Od2Exme.png

Chapter 10
- - - • • • • • - - -
In which, WE FINALLY HIT DOUBLE DIGITS YAY, and everyone has a really boring day.
"Beem no wan ur-kin. Beem wan fpfpish Didi." Bean said to Riptide as she pushes her dish away from her.
"I'm sorry Bean, but we need to eat up this urchin you found. I don't know how long we can keep it before it goes bad, and I'd like to keep the fish for later since I know their shelf life." Riptide replies. He gently pushes Bean's dish back to her as she scrunches up her nose. Riptide sighs and thinks for a moment.
"How about I try and make you a special treat after the storm passes? You'll have to eat your urchin though." Riptide offers. Bean tips her head and thinks.
"Ok Didi. You mak Beem spe-shal thing." Bean says. She pulls her dish towards her and slowly eats her urchin.
"Glad we could make a deal, Lady Bean." Riptide hums as he tries to think about what he could make for Bean. He wanted to try making something sort-of candy related if possible. He could go foraging to try and find some sugar of some sort and some berries. Yeah, that sounded like a plan.

- - - • • • • • - - -

Item from Pinkerton:
Shalebuck Horn
Shalebuck Horn
Materials:
- - - • • • • • - - -

After having what Bean could only guess was a late lunch, she got bored and decided to build herself a fort. She propped a few dislodged shelf boards from the broken bookcase onto a rectangular footstool and draped a dirty curtain over it to cover the sides. She then placed her rug-blanket on the floor of her new hut and asked Riptide for something to do. Riptide gave her some paper and a piece of burned-out charcoal from the stove after he made sure it was cool, and told her to draw some pictures.
Riptide found and updated his to-do list, adding the things he needed to find to make Bean's treat. There wasn't much else to add to the list other than to continue fixing up their house. Riptide was still in too bad a shape from the Harpy fight to do everything he needed to. Maybe he could rack his brain for any healing herbs he could find while out foraging. He really just needed to head in to the nearest town, but who knows where the nearest town is?
The first thing Bean drew was the spire. Since it was so dirty, she did her best to 'color' it with her lack of other colors to use. Bean then drew her necklace in one of the corners of the same paper. She then scattered various sketchy fish she had seen around the paper and her necklace. Flipping the paper over, Bean started doodling birds and feathers and some bugs she had seen around the town. Once drawing got boring, she got up and wrapped her rug-blanket around her and went to watch the rain outside, which had lightened up quite a bit. The wind had died down as well, but the drizzle persevered. Bean sat and watched the rain before waddling back to her fort to take a nap.
Sitting and feeding the small stove was all Riptide could think to do. He watched Bean draw, then watch the rain for a few minutes, then go back to her fort. Feeling rather bored, Riptide started wondering about the town. How'd it get like this? Where did all the dragons go? Why was Bean the only other dragon he found? What's that spire for? His mind spiraled around thinking of all his questions and he started getting a headache again. He tried pushing through it attempting to remember anything, but it just got worse, almost like it was blocking him from his memories.
He tried pushing deeper, remembering things from after he woke up and tried to make connections with the feathers he saw rolling across the clearing that first day. He remembered the feeling of everything looking so familiar and tried to place it. He looked over at Bean and saw her rug, almost recognizing it. Looking around the broken house, he could almost place it. But his head throbbed, his eyes burned, tears were starting to roll down his face his head hurt so excruciatingly much. Bean even whimpered and swiped at her head in her sleep, somehow almost sharing his pain.
Riptide forced himself to stop trying to remember, picked up Bean, and curled up next to the stove to hopefully help her headache stop. How it stung! It felt like his brain was throbbing and his skull was splitting. Riptide gritted his teeth and rubbed his head with his free arm. Slowly it went away, leaving Riptide exhausted. He eventually passed out holding Bean to his plumes.

Outside, the spire was shining intensely, casting yellow and purple light around the clearing. Chunks of mud fell off revealing much of the spire. Deeper in the earth, two other colors glowed from the unexposed end of the spire. The ground itself glowed blue and red before all the colors faded away into the night.

- - - • • • • • - - -

Well. Did this make up for the two months of no chapters? I hope it did. And here's to hoping Pinkerton gives me some familiars so more dragons can join us here. Last thing, I updated the Archive and made it look a little prettier. If it looks ugly, please tell me and I'll either put back to the way it was or try and make something better.

@Darkmoonbreeder @ZippoFeuer @Trilonyte
(if you would no longer like to be pinged for this just tell me, I promise I won't get offended)
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
lbjYA1m.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/lMLocsS.png[/img] [font=cambria][size=6]Chapter 11 - - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font][/center] [center][color=transparent]In which, Bean makes a new friend.[/color][/center] [font=times][size=6]R[/size]iptide awoke to Bean poking him. [size=6]"O[/size]w- careful Bean, everything hurts." He paused, laying there. Picking his head up and grimacing, he continued with, "What time is it?" [size=6]B[/size]ean bounced over to the sail covering the far wall and grunted as she pulled it out of the way so her Didi could see out. The sun was halfway above the water. Riptide cursed and put his head back down as Bean released the sail. She bounced over to Riptide and hummed to him, [font=gabriola][size=6]"B[/size][size=5]ean got to beach please Didi? Bean be super super careful. Bean promise."[/size][/font] [font=times]Bean tipped her head at him and gently gave his huge chest a hug. Riptide flinched and summoned the energy to raise his arm enough to rub her head. [size=6]"I[/size]t's against my better judgement, but I can't go with you in this condition. Sure Bean, maybe you can catch us some breakfast." Riptide started laughing but stopped when his chest started hurting. Bean stood up and happily started bouncing around the room. [size=6]"T[/size]ANK YOU TANK YOU TANK YOU DIDIIII!!! Beem be sooper SOOPER careful! Didi res-t an Beem go get brekfist!" Bean started bouncing towards the sail flap. [size=6]"G[/size]ood, I don't want to have to have to come save you from the surf, though you know I totally would with or without everything hurting." Riptide did his best to sit up and wrapped his blanket around himself as Bean bounced out of the house. [size=6]B[/size]ean ran over to the edge of the cliff facing the water and the sun and stopped, unfurling her wings to let the sun hit them. Riptide was trusting her to be on her own for the first time since they both woke up in the rubble. She was [i]not[/i] going to blow it. So, fluffing her feather crests and puffing out her chest, she made her way down the beach path. [center][font=cambria][size=6]- - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font] [font=cambria][size=5]Item from Pinkerton: [item=smoky sphere] [i][b]Smoky Sphere[/b] Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke[/i][/center] [center][font=cambria][size=6]- - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font][/center] [font=times][size=6]B[/size]ean slid in the sand at the bottom of the path with the momentum she gained from running down the path. Regaining her balance, Bean wondered what to do first. She had to catch her and Riptide some breakfast, but the rest of the morning was practically hers. She could dig up more sea glass, make Riptide more flower garlands to make him feel better, try to find some shells- what was that? Something blue flashed in the corner of her eye by the cliff face. Bean looked around and walked closer to try and find what moved, but she couldn't see anything. Then the blue thing bolted out of its' hiding spot and streaked down the beach with Bean hot on its' tail. It disappeared into a hole in the cliff side and Bean slipped in the sand, skidding to a stop a couple feet from the hole. [size=6]D[/size]usting herself off, Bean cautiously walked back to the hole and leaned down, putting her nose almost into the hole. She looked for whatever the blue thing was but couldn't see anything because it was so dark in the hole. After a couple minutes of sitting there and staring into the hole, two rather angry-looking blue eyes came out of the darkness and stared back at her. Bean backed up from the hole and started wondering if it was hungry. She herself was getting hungry and she bet Riptide was feeling the same as well. Bean backed further away from the hole toward the water and after casting it a few more glances, dove into the water to find some fish. [size=6]A[/size]fter finding a few good-sized fish a a minnow or two for the eyes, Bean returned to the beach and plopped the small fish in front of the hole before backing away and laying down to eat one of her fish. She took a couple bites while watching the hole and eventually something emerged from it; a smooth blue lizard with big blue eyes stuck its' head out of the hole and sniffed at the fish before wrinkling up its' snout and doing what Bean interpreted as trying to kick the fish back towards her. Huh. She thought it would like the fish. What else do lizards like? [size=6]B[/size]ean thought for a moment while eating her fish. Maybe meat? Well, the only meat Bean could think of in the area was the birds, but they were way up in the sky. Plants? That was an idea. Bean looked around and finally spotted some leafy plants up on a tiny outcropping on the cliff. Leaving her fish, she climbed up and picked a good amount for the lizard and glided back down. She replaced the minnows with the leaves and jogged back to her spot with her fish. The lizard reappeared just as she sat down and sniffed at the leaves, it started chewing on one of the leaves, but spit it out and disappeared back into the hole. [size=6]D[/size]arn, Bean thought for sure it would like the leaves. The only thing left she could think to offer the lizard was bugs, but she couldn't see any. She looked around some more and eventually spotted a beetle trying to wiggle its way through a pile of rocks that fell from the cliff. Bean picked it out of the rocks and dug through them trying to find more. She found two more beetles before making her way back to the hole and putting the beetles on top of the leaves. [size=6]B[/size]ean barely moved away from the hole before the lizard was sniffing at the beetles. It started to move away as if it didn't like them, then jumped at bugs and gobbled them down. Bean quickly made her way back to her spot and crouched down, watching the lizard. When it had eaten all the beetles, it licked its' maw with a dark blue tongue and looked at Bean. It skittered towards her and she flinched backwards. Bean crouched back down and it moved towards her again, slower this time, and got within a few inches of her nose. Bean slowly stuck out her hand and the lizard hopped into it, rolling around in her palm and almost falling out. Bean was surprised, then decided to try petting it. The lizard gladly accepted her petting and appeared to smile up at her. [size=6]T[/size]he lizard then jumped out of her hand and skittered a little ways down the beach, pausing to look back at Bean to see if she was following. It jumped around excitedly and skittered back towards the beach path when Bean started chasing it. Bean made sure to grab her fish she caught before chasing after the little lizard, Riptide was expecting breakfast and she wasn't about to disappoint him. [size=6]A[/size]fter Bean plopped the fish by the foot of the path, her and the lizard played tag until the sun was well above the water and Bean started wondering if Riptide was getting worried about her. When Bean started getting tired, she and the lizard rested for a few minutes before heading back up the beach path to town. [center][font=cambria][size=6]- - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font][/center] @Darkmoonbreeder @ZippoFeuer @Trilonyte [size=1]Happy early Thundercrack Carnival guys! Seems like all I'm getting posted is a chapter a month- which I don't like. I'm hoping to start getting chapters up more often, I've got quite the backlog of items from Pinkerton.[/size]
lMLocsS.png

Chapter 11
- - - • • • • • - - -
In which, Bean makes a new friend.
Riptide awoke to Bean poking him.
"Ow- careful Bean, everything hurts." He paused, laying there. Picking his head up and grimacing, he continued with, "What time is it?"
Bean bounced over to the sail covering the far wall and grunted as she pulled it out of the way so her Didi could see out. The sun was halfway above the water. Riptide cursed and put his head back down as Bean released the sail. She bounced over to Riptide and hummed to him,
"Bean got to beach please Didi? Bean be super super careful. Bean promise." Bean tipped her head at him and gently gave his huge chest a hug. Riptide flinched and summoned the energy to raise his arm enough to rub her head.
"It's against my better judgement, but I can't go with you in this condition. Sure Bean, maybe you can catch us some breakfast." Riptide started laughing but stopped when his chest started hurting. Bean stood up and happily started bouncing around the room.
"TANK YOU TANK YOU TANK YOU DIDIIII!!! Beem be sooper SOOPER careful! Didi res-t an Beem go get brekfist!" Bean started bouncing towards the sail flap.
"Good, I don't want to have to have to come save you from the surf, though you know I totally would with or without everything hurting." Riptide did his best to sit up and wrapped his blanket around himself as Bean bounced out of the house.
Bean ran over to the edge of the cliff facing the water and the sun and stopped, unfurling her wings to let the sun hit them. Riptide was trusting her to be on her own for the first time since they both woke up in the rubble. She was not going to blow it. So, fluffing her feather crests and puffing out her chest, she made her way down the beach path.

- - - • • • • • - - -

Item from Pinkerton:
Smoky Sphere
Smoky Sphere
Materials:
- - - • • • • • - - -

Bean slid in the sand at the bottom of the path with the momentum she gained from running down the path. Regaining her balance, Bean wondered what to do first. She had to catch her and Riptide some breakfast, but the rest of the morning was practically hers. She could dig up more sea glass, make Riptide more flower garlands to make him feel better, try to find some shells- what was that? Something blue flashed in the corner of her eye by the cliff face. Bean looked around and walked closer to try and find what moved, but she couldn't see anything. Then the blue thing bolted out of its' hiding spot and streaked down the beach with Bean hot on its' tail. It disappeared into a hole in the cliff side and Bean slipped in the sand, skidding to a stop a couple feet from the hole.
Dusting herself off, Bean cautiously walked back to the hole and leaned down, putting her nose almost into the hole. She looked for whatever the blue thing was but couldn't see anything because it was so dark in the hole. After a couple minutes of sitting there and staring into the hole, two rather angry-looking blue eyes came out of the darkness and stared back at her. Bean backed up from the hole and started wondering if it was hungry. She herself was getting hungry and she bet Riptide was feeling the same as well. Bean backed further away from the hole toward the water and after casting it a few more glances, dove into the water to find some fish.
After finding a few good-sized fish a a minnow or two for the eyes, Bean returned to the beach and plopped the small fish in front of the hole before backing away and laying down to eat one of her fish. She took a couple bites while watching the hole and eventually something emerged from it; a smooth blue lizard with big blue eyes stuck its' head out of the hole and sniffed at the fish before wrinkling up its' snout and doing what Bean interpreted as trying to kick the fish back towards her. Huh. She thought it would like the fish. What else do lizards like?
Bean thought for a moment while eating her fish. Maybe meat? Well, the only meat Bean could think of in the area was the birds, but they were way up in the sky. Plants? That was an idea. Bean looked around and finally spotted some leafy plants up on a tiny outcropping on the cliff. Leaving her fish, she climbed up and picked a good amount for the lizard and glided back down. She replaced the minnows with the leaves and jogged back to her spot with her fish. The lizard reappeared just as she sat down and sniffed at the leaves, it started chewing on one of the leaves, but spit it out and disappeared back into the hole.
Darn, Bean thought for sure it would like the leaves. The only thing left she could think to offer the lizard was bugs, but she couldn't see any. She looked around some more and eventually spotted a beetle trying to wiggle its way through a pile of rocks that fell from the cliff. Bean picked it out of the rocks and dug through them trying to find more. She found two more beetles before making her way back to the hole and putting the beetles on top of the leaves.
Bean barely moved away from the hole before the lizard was sniffing at the beetles. It started to move away as if it didn't like them, then jumped at bugs and gobbled them down. Bean quickly made her way back to her spot and crouched down, watching the lizard. When it had eaten all the beetles, it licked its' maw with a dark blue tongue and looked at Bean. It skittered towards her and she flinched backwards. Bean crouched back down and it moved towards her again, slower this time, and got within a few inches of her nose. Bean slowly stuck out her hand and the lizard hopped into it, rolling around in her palm and almost falling out. Bean was surprised, then decided to try petting it. The lizard gladly accepted her petting and appeared to smile up at her.
The lizard then jumped out of her hand and skittered a little ways down the beach, pausing to look back at Bean to see if she was following. It jumped around excitedly and skittered back towards the beach path when Bean started chasing it. Bean made sure to grab her fish she caught before chasing after the little lizard, Riptide was expecting breakfast and she wasn't about to disappoint him.
After Bean plopped the fish by the foot of the path, her and the lizard played tag until the sun was well above the water and Bean started wondering if Riptide was getting worried about her. When Bean started getting tired, she and the lizard rested for a few minutes before heading back up the beach path to town.

- - - • • • • • - - -

Happy early Thundercrack Carnival guys! Seems like all I'm getting posted is a chapter a month- which I don't like. I'm hoping to start getting chapters up more often, I've got quite the backlog of items from Pinkerton.
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
lbjYA1m.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Od2Exme.png[/img] [font=cambria][size=6]Chapter 12 - - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font][/center] [center][color=transparent]In which, Bean names her little friend, everyone discovers the spire, and Bean gets a fright[/color][/center] [font=times][size=6]B[/size]ean crested the top of the beach path almost at a sprint. She was so excited for Riptide to meet her new friend! She held the fish she had caught between her wings, and the lizard was resting atop her head gently holding onto her feather crests. [size=6]"D[/size]idi! Beem hav fpfpfp-ish!" Bean called. She trotted under the sail and into the tent and saw Riptide sitting up and slowly poking at the now lit furnace with his back to her.. [size=6]"B[/size]ean! Good to see you didn't get swept away." Riptide chuckles weakly and turns to Bean. "Oh, and it seems you made a friend! Do they have a name?" Riptide asked Bean. Bean's brow furrowed slightly, did Riptide always have a faded accent? But, somehow Riptide sounded more like Riptide despite it. [size=6]"H[/size]m, fren no hav name." She picked the lizard off her head and looked into its' big blue eyes. [size=6]"T[/size]hen why don't you name them?" Riptide asked, turning back to the stove. Bean continued looking at the lizard who stared back and stuck out its' tongue at her. [size=6]"B[/size]lot?" Bean asked it. The lizard pulled its' tongue back in and smiled at her, it liked it. "Blot." Bean confirmed, nodding. [size=6]"N[/size]ew fren name Blot." Bean said, holding out the lizard who sat up straight with their tail hanging out of Bean's hand. When Riptide looked at them, Blot bowed it's head and smiled, flicking its' tongue out and back in. [size=6]"W[/size]ell, it's very nice to meet you as well, Blot." Riptide said returning the lizards bow with a slight flourish. He smiled and turned back to the furnace, "Bean, why don't you set Blot on the counter and bring over the fish you caught, I'll cook them for us." [center][font=cambria][size=6]- - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font] [font=cambria][size=5]Item from Pinkerton: [item=gelatinous orb] [i][b]Gelatinous Orb[/b] Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke[/i][/center] [center][font=cambria][size=6]- - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font][/center] [font=times][size=6]A[/size]fter a rather big (and late) breakfast, Riptide decided he wanted to take a walk with Bean and Blot with the energy restored from having something to eat. He stepped out from under the sail and squinted in the near-noon sunlight. [size=6]"W[/size]ow. I would say we need windows in our house, but then we wouldn't be able to keep the weather out. This feels really good." Riptide said letting the sun hit his feathers. [size=6]"O[/size]ooooo." Bean cooed, walking into the ruined town square. [size=6]"W[/size]hat did you find Bean- Woah." Riptide looked over at Bean and saw the almost completely exposed spire. "Wow, that is gorgeous. I wonder where the townspeople got it." He slowly limped over to the spire and laid a hand on it. Of all the stuff he thought he remembered, this didn't look even remotely familiar. He felt like he was looking at it for the first time. Bean giggled, [size=6]"S[/size]-ammme cullll-er." She slurred pointing to her wings and the yellow tip of the spire, then to Riptide's wings and the purple bottom half of the spire. [size=6]"G[/size]ood eye Bean. Must have been some decorative center piece given to the mayor- or whoever was in charge here. I wonder how it got so clean. Well, it did rain really hard yesterday." Riptide thought aloud. He shuddered when he remembered what happened yesterday evening. The purple end of the spire flashed lightly as Riptide thought, but only Bean seemed to have caught it. She jumped away from the tall rock and panicked a little trying to get Riptide's attention. [size=6]"P[/size]ire go! Pire go!" She said to Riptide hugging his leg. She stared wide-eyed at the spire. [size=6]"Y[/size]ou're not scared of it are you?" Riptide said, pulled out of his thoughts. "What about it scared you?" He said, kneeling down to Bean. [size=6]"S[/size]ssp-ire gl- glll-ow. Lite inn sp-ire." Bean said pointing at the purple part of the rock. [size=6]"A[/size]h, you might have seen the sun reflect er- bounce off the spire, it is pretty shiny." Riptide said. Blot had been napping on Bean's back during this and had been shaken awake when Bean was startled. They hopped off Bean's back and stretched. When it saw the spire, it bristled and hissed. Bean picked up the lizard and cradled it in her arms. [size=6]"W[/size]ell," Riptide said looking at Blot. "that makes me wonder if most of the town didn't like this thing. Ah well, let's get going. We're going to want to make it back before it's time to fish up supper." Riptide slowly made his way to the top of the beach path and stopped. [size=6]"Y[/size]ou know, we haven't actually gone up that weird staircase on the west side of town yet. Why don't we take our walk up those stairs and wander around at the top of them?" Riptide asked Bean. She thought for a moment. [size=6]"Y[/size]a! Take walk dat way, up starrrresss." Bean bounced away towards the odd staircase she and Riptide found while they looked for things to use as blankets a few days ago. Blot struggled to hang on to Bean in her aggressive bouncing, and Riptide couldn't keep up with her. Bean made it to the staircase first and when she stopped and sat down, Blot resituated themself and got comfortable while Riptide caught up. Then they all made their way up the staircase. [center][font=cambria][size=6]- - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font][/center] @Darkmoonbreeder @ZippoFeuer @Trilonyte
Od2Exme.png

Chapter 12
- - - • • • • • - - -
In which, Bean names her little friend, everyone discovers the spire, and Bean gets a fright
Bean crested the top of the beach path almost at a sprint. She was so excited for Riptide to meet her new friend! She held the fish she had caught between her wings, and the lizard was resting atop her head gently holding onto her feather crests.
"Didi! Beem hav fpfpfp-ish!" Bean called. She trotted under the sail and into the tent and saw Riptide sitting up and slowly poking at the now lit furnace with his back to her..
"Bean! Good to see you didn't get swept away." Riptide chuckles weakly and turns to Bean. "Oh, and it seems you made a friend! Do they have a name?" Riptide asked Bean. Bean's brow furrowed slightly, did Riptide always have a faded accent? But, somehow Riptide sounded more like Riptide despite it.
"Hm, fren no hav name." She picked the lizard off her head and looked into its' big blue eyes.
"Then why don't you name them?" Riptide asked, turning back to the stove. Bean continued looking at the lizard who stared back and stuck out its' tongue at her.
"Blot?" Bean asked it. The lizard pulled its' tongue back in and smiled at her, it liked it. "Blot." Bean confirmed, nodding.
"New fren name Blot." Bean said, holding out the lizard who sat up straight with their tail hanging out of Bean's hand. When Riptide looked at them, Blot bowed it's head and smiled, flicking its' tongue out and back in.
"Well, it's very nice to meet you as well, Blot." Riptide said returning the lizards bow with a slight flourish. He smiled and turned back to the furnace, "Bean, why don't you set Blot on the counter and bring over the fish you caught, I'll cook them for us."

- - - • • • • • - - -

Item from Pinkerton:
Gelatinous Orb
Gelatinous Orb
Materials:
- - - • • • • • - - -

After a rather big (and late) breakfast, Riptide decided he wanted to take a walk with Bean and Blot with the energy restored from having something to eat. He stepped out from under the sail and squinted in the near-noon sunlight.
"Wow. I would say we need windows in our house, but then we wouldn't be able to keep the weather out. This feels really good." Riptide said letting the sun hit his feathers.
"Oooooo." Bean cooed, walking into the ruined town square.
"What did you find Bean- Woah." Riptide looked over at Bean and saw the almost completely exposed spire. "Wow, that is gorgeous. I wonder where the townspeople got it." He slowly limped over to the spire and laid a hand on it. Of all the stuff he thought he remembered, this didn't look even remotely familiar. He felt like he was looking at it for the first time. Bean giggled,
"S-ammme cullll-er." She slurred pointing to her wings and the yellow tip of the spire, then to Riptide's wings and the purple bottom half of the spire.
"Good eye Bean. Must have been some decorative center piece given to the mayor- or whoever was in charge here. I wonder how it got so clean. Well, it did rain really hard yesterday." Riptide thought aloud. He shuddered when he remembered what happened yesterday evening. The purple end of the spire flashed lightly as Riptide thought, but only Bean seemed to have caught it. She jumped away from the tall rock and panicked a little trying to get Riptide's attention.
"Pire go! Pire go!" She said to Riptide hugging his leg. She stared wide-eyed at the spire.
"You're not scared of it are you?" Riptide said, pulled out of his thoughts. "What about it scared you?" He said, kneeling down to Bean.
"Sssp-ire gl- glll-ow. Lite inn sp-ire." Bean said pointing at the purple part of the rock.
"Ah, you might have seen the sun reflect er- bounce off the spire, it is pretty shiny." Riptide said. Blot had been napping on Bean's back during this and had been shaken awake when Bean was startled. They hopped off Bean's back and stretched. When it saw the spire, it bristled and hissed. Bean picked up the lizard and cradled it in her arms.
"Well," Riptide said looking at Blot. "that makes me wonder if most of the town didn't like this thing. Ah well, let's get going. We're going to want to make it back before it's time to fish up supper." Riptide slowly made his way to the top of the beach path and stopped.
"You know, we haven't actually gone up that weird staircase on the west side of town yet. Why don't we take our walk up those stairs and wander around at the top of them?" Riptide asked Bean. She thought for a moment.
"Ya! Take walk dat way, up starrrresss." Bean bounced away towards the odd staircase she and Riptide found while they looked for things to use as blankets a few days ago. Blot struggled to hang on to Bean in her aggressive bouncing, and Riptide couldn't keep up with her. Bean made it to the staircase first and when she stopped and sat down, Blot resituated themself and got comfortable while Riptide caught up. Then they all made their way up the staircase.

- - - • • • • • - - -

cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
lbjYA1m.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/BrwZS5x.png[/img] [font=cambria][size=6]Chapter 13 - - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font][/center] [center][color=transparent]In which, AnOtHeR dRaGoN??? And also HEADACHES. HEADACHES ALL AROUND[/color][/center] [font=times][size=6]"W[/size]ow." Riptide reached the top of the stairs and looked out at the plateau. "How are we only a staircase below this?" Riptide said gesturing to the landscape before him and Bean. [size=6]O[/size]ut in front of him, long green grass stretched further inland and downhill, waving in the wind. To his left and right, forests of bamboo and bushes reached for the sky, lazily swaying back and forth. [size=6]B[/size]ean stood agape as the breeze blew through her feathers. Blot hopped down from their place on Bean's back and rolled around in the grass. Riptide picked them up and plopped Blot on his head so the lizard could get a good view. [size=6]"L[/size]et's keep moving Bean. Hey, maybe I can help you make a wind chime with some of that bamboo." Riptide said, gently pushing Bean along and pointing to the bamboo forests on either side of them. "This breeze is amazing, don't you think you two?" Blot yawned and slid down the back of Riptide's neck to get back down to Bean. Bean nodded and started walking, eyes wide and excited at the new landscape. [size=6]T[/size]he three of them walked out into the sloping field and along the bamboo forest to their left. Bean ducked in and out of the bamboo forest playfully as they walked and Blot even got down and walked for a little bit before climbing up onto Riptide to keep from falling off of Bean while she played in the bamboo. Bean broke off small stalks of bamboo for her to try and use to make wind chimes like Riptide said. Riptide was going to have to find a way to hollow the bamboo out, unless it hollows as it dries. Bean was even able to snap off some thicker stems. She didn't know what she would use them for, but she knew either she or Riptide would find a purpose for it. [center][font=cambria][size=6]- - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font] [font=cambria][size=5]Item from Pinkerton: [item=bumble] [i][b]Bumble[/b] Familiars: New Dragon[/i][/center] [center][font=cambria][size=6]- - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font][/center] [font=times][size=6]A[/size]fter a good amount of walking, Riptide saw clumps bamboo stalks sticking out of the grove up ahead of them. They were all bent in funny angles and almost pushed out of the grove in a sunburst. They were pretty far off, so Riptide spoke to Bean the next time she popped her head out of the bamboo to give him more stems to carry. [size=6]"B[/size]ean, come here. Do you see all that bamboo over there? It's all tipped over?" Bean nodded as she walked along next to Riptide. "Do you want to go see what's over there? Whether it's just a dead spot that fell over or something?" Bean nodded excitedly and took off towards the fallen bamboo, but not before Blot could hop from Riptide to her only to realize how stupid of an idea that was as they bounced around on Bean's back. [size=6]B[/size]ean quickly got to all the fallen bamboo and dove in to investigate. She pulled out stems that were broken off that she could use and did her best to throw them out of the patch. She eventually got to the center of the wreckage and was shocked at what she found. She ran back out of the bamboo and yelled to Riptide, who was slowly making his way over. [size=6]"D[/size]IDIIII!! URRY KICK URRY DIDI!! URRY!" Bean yelled to him anxiously jumping around and pointing into the fallen stalks. Seeing Bean's urgency, Riptide picked up the pace as much as he could and hurriedly limped to the bamboo. When he got there, Bean was trying to clear a path to the center. Riptide hurriedly started pulling the stalks away trying to get to where Bean was. When he finally broke through to the center, he saw what Bean was so panicked about; another dragon had crash-landed here. They were curled up in a ball so Riptide couldn't tell what kind of dragon they were, but their mottled red wings were prominent in the green of the bamboo and bushes. [size=6]"W[/size]e need to get them out of here, help me out Bean." Riptide said, curling in the dragons' wings and trying his best to heft them up onto his back to carry them out of the bamboo. Even using his wings to help keep the dragon on his back, he had a hard time keeping them in place. A wing would flop open or a limb would flip out and start dragging on the ground. At least the bamboo wasn't too deep, less than a minute passed before everyone was out in the sun on the hill. Riptide and Bean carefully laid down the dragon who had turned out to be an ivory and red Wildclaw. Bean anxiously poked at the Wildclaw and Riptide tried shaking her. After Blot had the courage to slap the dragon in the face a few times with their tail did the dragon finally open her eyes and try to get up. [size=6]"O[/size]h thank goodness, you're alive! Are you alright? What happened?" Riptide asked the dragon, helping her sit up. [size=6]"I[/size]- I don't know. Where am I? Who are you?" The Wildclaw asked. [size=6]"M[/size]e Beem, dat Didi, and dis Blot." Bean said pointing to herself, then Riptide, then picking up Blot and showing them to the Wildclaw. "Hoo you?" [size=6]"A[/size]ha, my name's Riptide, but yes who are you?" Riptide asked. [size=6]"I[/size] don't know. Gah, everything hurts." Said the Wildclaw, faltering slightly and bringing her hands up to her head. Riptide noticed the Wildclaw had a pair of gloves on. [size=6]"D[/size]o those bring back any memories..?" Riptide awkwardly asked the Wildclaw, pointing to her gloves. [size=6]"I[/size] can't say they do." Replied the Wildclaw, bringing one hand down to look at the glove. "But maybe..." The Wildclaw pulled one of her gloves off and looked inside. "L- Luan? Is that me? I mean I'm guessing it probably is since it's written on the edge here." [size=6]"W[/size]ell does that name ring a bell? Or would you like to go by that?" Riptide asked. [size=6]"I[/size] don't know. Ow, my head hurts so much... I'd be fine with going by Luan though." Said the Wildclaw, clutching at her head. [size=6]"O[/size]oo-an. Pritty." Said Bean, petting Blot. [size=6]"C[/size]an you walk? We should get you back to town, though I should warn you it's less of a town and more like town ruins." [size=6]"Y[/size]eah, I think I can walk. Let's go." Luan said, suddenly determined to make it to town. She painfully got up and leaned on Riptide as the group made their way back to the ruins. [center][font=cambria][size=6]- - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font][/center] @Darkmoonbreeder @ZippoFeuer @Trilonyte [color=transparent]THIS IS WHAT THEY GET FOR GOING ON A WALK[/color]
BrwZS5x.png

Chapter 13
- - - • • • • • - - -
In which, AnOtHeR dRaGoN??? And also HEADACHES. HEADACHES ALL AROUND
"Wow." Riptide reached the top of the stairs and looked out at the plateau. "How are we only a staircase below this?" Riptide said gesturing to the landscape before him and Bean.
Out in front of him, long green grass stretched further inland and downhill, waving in the wind. To his left and right, forests of bamboo and bushes reached for the sky, lazily swaying back and forth.
Bean stood agape as the breeze blew through her feathers. Blot hopped down from their place on Bean's back and rolled around in the grass. Riptide picked them up and plopped Blot on his head so the lizard could get a good view.
"Let's keep moving Bean. Hey, maybe I can help you make a wind chime with some of that bamboo." Riptide said, gently pushing Bean along and pointing to the bamboo forests on either side of them. "This breeze is amazing, don't you think you two?" Blot yawned and slid down the back of Riptide's neck to get back down to Bean. Bean nodded and started walking, eyes wide and excited at the new landscape.
The three of them walked out into the sloping field and along the bamboo forest to their left. Bean ducked in and out of the bamboo forest playfully as they walked and Blot even got down and walked for a little bit before climbing up onto Riptide to keep from falling off of Bean while she played in the bamboo. Bean broke off small stalks of bamboo for her to try and use to make wind chimes like Riptide said. Riptide was going to have to find a way to hollow the bamboo out, unless it hollows as it dries. Bean was even able to snap off some thicker stems. She didn't know what she would use them for, but she knew either she or Riptide would find a purpose for it.

- - - • • • • • - - -

Item from Pinkerton:
Bumble
Bumble
Familiars:
New Dragon
- - - • • • • • - - -

After a good amount of walking, Riptide saw clumps bamboo stalks sticking out of the grove up ahead of them. They were all bent in funny angles and almost pushed out of the grove in a sunburst. They were pretty far off, so Riptide spoke to Bean the next time she popped her head out of the bamboo to give him more stems to carry.
"Bean, come here. Do you see all that bamboo over there? It's all tipped over?" Bean nodded as she walked along next to Riptide. "Do you want to go see what's over there? Whether it's just a dead spot that fell over or something?" Bean nodded excitedly and took off towards the fallen bamboo, but not before Blot could hop from Riptide to her only to realize how stupid of an idea that was as they bounced around on Bean's back.
Bean quickly got to all the fallen bamboo and dove in to investigate. She pulled out stems that were broken off that she could use and did her best to throw them out of the patch. She eventually got to the center of the wreckage and was shocked at what she found. She ran back out of the bamboo and yelled to Riptide, who was slowly making his way over.
"DIDIIII!! URRY KICK URRY DIDI!! URRY!" Bean yelled to him anxiously jumping around and pointing into the fallen stalks. Seeing Bean's urgency, Riptide picked up the pace as much as he could and hurriedly limped to the bamboo. When he got there, Bean was trying to clear a path to the center. Riptide hurriedly started pulling the stalks away trying to get to where Bean was. When he finally broke through to the center, he saw what Bean was so panicked about; another dragon had crash-landed here. They were curled up in a ball so Riptide couldn't tell what kind of dragon they were, but their mottled red wings were prominent in the green of the bamboo and bushes.
"We need to get them out of here, help me out Bean." Riptide said, curling in the dragons' wings and trying his best to heft them up onto his back to carry them out of the bamboo. Even using his wings to help keep the dragon on his back, he had a hard time keeping them in place. A wing would flop open or a limb would flip out and start dragging on the ground. At least the bamboo wasn't too deep, less than a minute passed before everyone was out in the sun on the hill. Riptide and Bean carefully laid down the dragon who had turned out to be an ivory and red Wildclaw. Bean anxiously poked at the Wildclaw and Riptide tried shaking her. After Blot had the courage to slap the dragon in the face a few times with their tail did the dragon finally open her eyes and try to get up.
"Oh thank goodness, you're alive! Are you alright? What happened?" Riptide asked the dragon, helping her sit up.
"I- I don't know. Where am I? Who are you?" The Wildclaw asked.
"Me Beem, dat Didi, and dis Blot." Bean said pointing to herself, then Riptide, then picking up Blot and showing them to the Wildclaw. "Hoo you?"
"Aha, my name's Riptide, but yes who are you?" Riptide asked.
"I don't know. Gah, everything hurts." Said the Wildclaw, faltering slightly and bringing her hands up to her head. Riptide noticed the Wildclaw had a pair of gloves on.
"Do those bring back any memories..?" Riptide awkwardly asked the Wildclaw, pointing to her gloves.
"I can't say they do." Replied the Wildclaw, bringing one hand down to look at the glove. "But maybe..." The Wildclaw pulled one of her gloves off and looked inside. "L- Luan? Is that me? I mean I'm guessing it probably is since it's written on the edge here."
"Well does that name ring a bell? Or would you like to go by that?" Riptide asked.
"I don't know. Ow, my head hurts so much... I'd be fine with going by Luan though." Said the Wildclaw, clutching at her head.
"Ooo-an. Pritty." Said Bean, petting Blot.
"Can you walk? We should get you back to town, though I should warn you it's less of a town and more like town ruins."
"Yeah, I think I can walk. Let's go." Luan said, suddenly determined to make it to town. She painfully got up and leaned on Riptide as the group made their way back to the ruins.

- - - • • • • • - - -

THIS IS WHAT THEY GET FOR GOING ON A WALK
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
lbjYA1m.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Od2Exme.png[/img] [font=cambria][size=6]Chapter 14 - - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font][/center] [center][color=transparent]In which, Bean draws and WHAT SHE CAN HEAL?!?[/color][/center] [font=times][size=6]B[/size]ean sat under in her blanket fort and doodled on some paper. Riptide had just gone out to get some more water for the three of them and Luan had curled her wings around herself, making her look like a big mottled red cocoon. All that was visible was her wings, she had her head tucked down and everything else tucked in. [size=6]B[/size]ean watched Luan while she drew some flowers, then some bamboo, then the wind chimes she was going to make with Riptide. She sat down her pieces of charcoal that she was drawing with and watched Luan some more. She then got an idea for a doodle, and quickly scribbled down a picture of Luan's gloves, then watched her some more. Bean rested her head in her arms and a good few minutes passed before she decided she was so bored she was going to try and talk to Luan. [size=6]S[/size]o Bean got up and walked over to Luan. She gently poked Luan's wing, [size=6]"O[/size]oo-an? L- Lu- Loo-an?" Bean said. "Ow are you?" [size=6]L[/size]uan's wing cracked open and a red eye looked out a Bean before the wings retracted and Luan sat up, [size=6]"O[/size]h, hello, um... It's Bean, right?" Luan asked. Bean giggled and nodded. "I'm doing alright. Everything hurts, but I'm doing alright. How are you?" [size=6]"B[/size]eem do good too." Bean smiled and looked at Luan. She was pretty beat up from falling through the bamboo. A few cuts and scrapes oozed blood, and she was covered in bruises. Luan lifted her hands and looked at them. [size=6]"W[/size]ell that's not good." Luan said. Two of her fingers on one hand were bent at a funny angle. "And there's no doctor here to fix them. Alright, here goes nothing." Luan grabbed one of the fingers and pulled and popped it back into place with a yelp. She flexed it and shook her head. [size=6]"T[/size]hat hurt a lot. Makes me really not want to do the other." Luan sighed and put her hand down. [center][font=cambria][size=6]- - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font] [font=cambria][size=5]Item from Pinkerton: [item=handful of sprockets] [i][b]Handful of Sprockets[/b] Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! [s]Rare Drops: Wildcards[/s][/i][/center] [center][font=cambria][size=6]- - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font][/center] [font=times][size=6]B[/size]ean looked at Luan's hand and felt sorry for her. She hadn't ever sustained any injuries like that and she could only assume how much they actually hurt. Bean carefully grabbed Luan's hand and looked at it. She looked at all the bruises and felt kind of sad. Bean felt something swirl inside her, and looked at Luan's elbow and watched the bruises and scrapes start slowly disappearing down her arm. When she got to Luan's hand, the crooked finger snapped back into place and Luan pulled her arm back. She had been watching Bean more to make sure she didn't hurt her and hadn't seen the bruises fading. She gaped at her fixed hand, then looked back to Bean who suddenly felt very tired. [size=6]"H[/size]ow did you..?" Luan looked up her arm and saw that her forearm was unscathed. "You- Could you do that again?" She asked, showing Bean her other arm. Bean shied away and yawned widely. [size=6]"R[/size]ight. Doing whatever you just did must be exhausting." Luan said, pulling her arm back and stiffly getting up. She scooped up Bean, who was yawning uncontrollably and put her in her blanket fort. Bean crawled in and wrapped herself in her rug-blanket, falling asleep almost instantly. [size=6]I[/size]t was about this time that Riptide returned from getting water and found Luan inspecting one of her arms and Bean sleeping in her fort. Luan hopped up when Riptide came in under the sail. [size=6]"Y[/size]ou didn't tell me she could heal!" Luan said, pointing to the sleeping bean pod. Riptide's jaw dropped and he almost dropped his pitcher. [size=6]"I[/size] didn't know she could! That's amazing!" Riptide said, trying to keep his voice down. He stiffly walked over to Bean's fort and put his water on the counter. Riptide leaned down and Blot hopped off his shoulder and snuggled in with Bean as Riptide gently rubbed her back. He stood back up and walked over to Luan. [size=6]"T[/size]hat's incredible! How did you find out?" He asked her. Luan showed him her arm. [size=6]"T[/size]his arm was covered in bruises and scratches from my tumble through the bamboo like the rest of me. She grabbed my hand and fixed everything up to my elbow. She got really tired after that." Luan whispered, looking at Bean. [size=6]"F[/size]ascinating. Now we don't have to deal with bandages! We'll have to find a way to help her learn to do it more effectively, however. And I don't think either of us knows how to heal." Riptide replied. "We should let her rest. As you said, it sounds like what she did drained her. Let's boil the water and get supper ready. Do you know how to swim?" Riptide asked Luan. [center][font=cambria][size=6]- - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font][/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/NiXBdOJ.jpg[/img] [center][i]Bean's doodle of Luan's gloves[/i][/center] [center][font=cambria][size=6]- - - • • • • • - - -[/size][/font][/center] @Darkmoonbreeder @ZippoFeuer @Trilonyte [size=2]Little more than two weeks since the last chapter. Yikes. I swear I had it almost done, but then my tiny siblings must have messed with my computer and lost it to the void.[/size]
Od2Exme.png

Chapter 14
- - - • • • • • - - -
In which, Bean draws and WHAT SHE CAN HEAL?!?
Bean sat under in her blanket fort and doodled on some paper. Riptide had just gone out to get some more water for the three of them and Luan had curled her wings around herself, making her look like a big mottled red cocoon. All that was visible was her wings, she had her head tucked down and everything else tucked in.
Bean watched Luan while she drew some flowers, then some bamboo, then the wind chimes she was going to make with Riptide. She sat down her pieces of charcoal that she was drawing with and watched Luan some more. She then got an idea for a doodle, and quickly scribbled down a picture of Luan's gloves, then watched her some more. Bean rested her head in her arms and a good few minutes passed before she decided she was so bored she was going to try and talk to Luan.
So Bean got up and walked over to Luan. She gently poked Luan's wing,
"Ooo-an? L- Lu- Loo-an?" Bean said. "Ow are you?"
Luan's wing cracked open and a red eye looked out a Bean before the wings retracted and Luan sat up,
"Oh, hello, um... It's Bean, right?" Luan asked. Bean giggled and nodded. "I'm doing alright. Everything hurts, but I'm doing alright. How are you?"
"Beem do good too." Bean smiled and looked at Luan. She was pretty beat up from falling through the bamboo. A few cuts and scrapes oozed blood, and she was covered in bruises. Luan lifted her hands and looked at them.
"Well that's not good." Luan said. Two of her fingers on one hand were bent at a funny angle. "And there's no doctor here to fix them. Alright, here goes nothing." Luan grabbed one of the fingers and pulled and popped it back into place with a yelp. She flexed it and shook her head.
"That hurt a lot. Makes me really not want to do the other." Luan sighed and put her hand down.

- - - • • • • • - - -

Item from Pinkerton:
Handful of Sprockets
Handful of Sprockets
Trinkets:
Do some art for your nuzlocke!
Rare Drops: Wildcards
- - - • • • • • - - -

Bean looked at Luan's hand and felt sorry for her. She hadn't ever sustained any injuries like that and she could only assume how much they actually hurt. Bean carefully grabbed Luan's hand and looked at it. She looked at all the bruises and felt kind of sad. Bean felt something swirl inside her, and looked at Luan's elbow and watched the bruises and scrapes start slowly disappearing down her arm. When she got to Luan's hand, the crooked finger snapped back into place and Luan pulled her arm back. She had been watching Bean more to make sure she didn't hurt her and hadn't seen the bruises fading. She gaped at her fixed hand, then looked back to Bean who suddenly felt very tired.
"How did you..?" Luan looked up her arm and saw that her forearm was unscathed. "You- Could you do that again?" She asked, showing Bean her other arm. Bean shied away and yawned widely.
"Right. Doing whatever you just did must be exhausting." Luan said, pulling her arm back and stiffly getting up. She scooped up Bean, who was yawning uncontrollably and put her in her blanket fort. Bean crawled in and wrapped herself in her rug-blanket, falling asleep almost instantly.
It was about this time that Riptide returned from getting water and found Luan inspecting one of her arms and Bean sleeping in her fort. Luan hopped up when Riptide came in under the sail.
"You didn't tell me she could heal!" Luan said, pointing to the sleeping bean pod. Riptide's jaw dropped and he almost dropped his pitcher.
"I didn't know she could! That's amazing!" Riptide said, trying to keep his voice down. He stiffly walked over to Bean's fort and put his water on the counter. Riptide leaned down and Blot hopped off his shoulder and snuggled in with Bean as Riptide gently rubbed her back. He stood back up and walked over to Luan.
"That's incredible! How did you find out?" He asked her. Luan showed him her arm.
"This arm was covered in bruises and scratches from my tumble through the bamboo like the rest of me. She grabbed my hand and fixed everything up to my elbow. She got really tired after that." Luan whispered, looking at Bean.
"Fascinating. Now we don't have to deal with bandages! We'll have to find a way to help her learn to do it more effectively, however. And I don't think either of us knows how to heal." Riptide replied. "We should let her rest. As you said, it sounds like what she did drained her. Let's boil the water and get supper ready. Do you know how to swim?" Riptide asked Luan.

- - - • • • • • - - -
NiXBdOJ.jpg
Bean's doodle of Luan's gloves
- - - • • • • • - - -

Little more than two weeks since the last chapter. Yikes. I swear I had it almost done, but then my tiny siblings must have messed with my computer and lost it to the void.
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
lbjYA1m.png
@Zorua345
It’s all good

BYT BEAN HAS MAGIC POWERS. WHAT
@Zorua345
It’s all good

BYT BEAN HAS MAGIC POWERS. WHAT
fkWjutW.png
WKtl2lb.png
7fINQj7.gif
ihPM6dNs.png
BEAN'S A MAGIC BEAN
I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING HER GET BETTER AT USING HER POWERS!

(Also don't worry about taking 2 weeks, writing takes time and I certainly don't mind a wait. 'v' )
BEAN'S A MAGIC BEAN
I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING HER GET BETTER AT USING HER POWERS!

(Also don't worry about taking 2 weeks, writing takes time and I certainly don't mind a wait. 'v' )

1C4RmMC.png
mlHpBMC.png
LF :: nests of
yMgLfNO.pnggem.pngcherubgeneeggivory.pngFz6gBO0.png
1 2 3 4