Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | the faerie's tarot [free readings!]
1 2 3 4
[center][item=gossamer flame candles][color=magenta][b]hello, hello! welcome all! [/b][item=gossamer flame candles] [/center] so, i have decided to get back into tarot reading, and would like to offer free readings to anyone looking for them. keep in mind, i am still an amateur, and in the process of learning the ins and outs of tarot. therefore, your reading may not be exactly what you want, and i apologize in advance. also important to understand is that this is a very nuanced practice that shouldn't always be taken at face value. it can be useful for figuring out where you need to go in life, but shouldn't be used as your only path, so to speak! with that out of the way... the deck i use is the unicorn tarot by suzanne starr and liz hilton. i'd love to attach pictures of the cards drawn along with the readings but a) picture formatting can be annoying for me because i'm on mobile 90% of the time and b) the deck itself is nsfw in the fact that there's a lot of non-sexualized nudity, which of course is against fr's tos. it's a shame, because it's a beautiful deck, and very important to me due to my love for unicorns. it's the only tarot deck i own and i have a special connection to it! i will do three basic spreads: [item=rose quartz][color=pink] [b]spread 1: past, present, and future[/b] [item=star moss][color=purple] [b]spread 2: situation, action, outcome[/b] [item=stardust sap lamp][color=blue] [b]spread 3: three options [a spread just to help you work through three choices] [/b] [item=starlight unicorn horn] [b][color=grey]spread 4: basic 'ask a question, get an answer' by drawing one card[/b] if you would like a reading, please ping me with which spread you'd like me to use and whether you'd like for it to be public or private! for spreads 2 and 3, please briefly describe the situation and/or question you have in mind. i will do my best to interpret what the cards give me. if i get five reading requests or more, i'll have to close up submissions because i don't want to get overwhelmed, and i may not always have time to do this on account of irl things. please be patient with me, and i apologize again in advance if your reading isn't up to par with what you wanted ;w;
Gossamer Flame Candles hello, hello! welcome all! Gossamer Flame Candles

so, i have decided to get back into tarot reading, and would like to offer free readings to anyone looking for them. keep in mind, i am still an amateur, and in the process of learning the ins and outs of tarot. therefore, your reading may not be exactly what you want, and i apologize in advance.

also important to understand is that this is a very nuanced practice that shouldn't always be taken at face value. it can be useful for figuring out where you need to go in life, but shouldn't be used as your only path, so to speak!

with that out of the way...

the deck i use is the unicorn tarot by suzanne starr and liz hilton. i'd love to attach pictures of the cards drawn along with the readings but a) picture formatting can be annoying for me because i'm on mobile 90% of the time and b) the deck itself is nsfw in the fact that there's a lot of non-sexualized nudity, which of course is against fr's tos. it's a shame, because it's a beautiful deck, and very important to me due to my love for unicorns. it's the only tarot deck i own and i have a special connection to it!

i will do three basic spreads:

Rose Quartz
spread 1: past, present, and future

Star Moss
spread 2: situation, action, outcome

Stardust Sap Lamp
spread 3: three options [a spread just to help you work through three choices]

Starlight Unicorn Horn
spread 4: basic 'ask a question, get an answer' by drawing one card

if you would like a reading, please ping me with which spread you'd like me to use and whether you'd like for it to be public or private! for spreads 2 and 3, please briefly describe the situation and/or question you have in mind. i will do my best to interpret what the cards give me.

if i get five reading requests or more, i'll have to close up submissions because i don't want to get overwhelmed, and i may not always have time to do this on account of irl things. please be patient with me, and i apologize again in advance if your reading isn't up to par with what you wanted ;w;
flefaeries_2.png
These are always fun! I'd love spread three. Public is fine. As for a question, I'd just love to know how the winter season will go for me.
These are always fun! I'd love spread three. Public is fine. As for a question, I'd just love to know how the winter season will go for me.
257486_1462814308_banner.gif
@OnyxBat

ahh for spread 3, just asking a question may be a bit difficult, cause it’s meant to work through three options you’re giving yourself if that makes sense. so the overall feel can be “how will the winter season go?” but if you have three different paths you see yourself possibly taking and want to know the cards’ opinion on them, i can do that.

if that’s too much work, i can add a fourth spread that is just the basic “ask a question, get an answer”! i chose these three spreads to help me improve my reading skills but of course it’s all up to the person requesting a reading.
@OnyxBat

ahh for spread 3, just asking a question may be a bit difficult, cause it’s meant to work through three options you’re giving yourself if that makes sense. so the overall feel can be “how will the winter season go?” but if you have three different paths you see yourself possibly taking and want to know the cards’ opinion on them, i can do that.

if that’s too much work, i can add a fourth spread that is just the basic “ask a question, get an answer”! i chose these three spreads to help me improve my reading skills but of course it’s all up to the person requesting a reading.
flefaeries_2.png
@klefaeries, public, spread two for the question "How in tarnation do I decide how to wisely use the gift cards my mom gave me?" Thank you so much! also I love your aesthetic
@klefaeries, public, spread two for the question "How in tarnation do I decide how to wisely use the gift cards my mom gave me?" Thank you so much! also I love your aesthetic
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?
The basic fourth spread sounds cool if you don't mind!
The basic fourth spread sounds cool if you don't mind!
@nuttysaladtree

thank you!!! i quite like my aesthetic as well :3

here is your reading for spread 2: situation, action, outcome for "how do i wisely spend those gift cards?"

situation

ii of wands

this card can represent planning and discovery. you already began this; you want a plan to wisely use those gift cards, and the ii of wands knows this, and approves that you're taking the first steps just by thinking about it and not letting yourself act before you think.

action

iii of cups

this card can represent happiness and friendship. perhaps ask your close friends (or family) what little thing they've been wanting lately--a book? a simple meal at their favorite restaurant? spend your time and money with them first to show how much you care about them, but make sure to focus on yourself as well afterwards. maybe split the cards half and half!

outcome

iv of wands, reversed

this card can represent a lack of communication and problems at home. there can be tension between you and your loved ones if you spend the cards frivolously, which may be why it'll be a good idea to share what you have with them. they know you're capable of making good decisions, and you know it too! which is why it's important to show that while it's okay to be selfish every once and awhile, sharing what you have proves how good of a person you are. talking about your decisions with the ones you care about before you commit to them can prevent a sense of instability in your relationships.

@OnyxBat

basic fourth spread it is!

"how will the winter season go for me?"

the empress, reversed

this card can represent smothering and dependence. the empress normally represents a nurturing presence, but all things have their darker side, and reversed she seems to be trying to tell you that something during the season will make you feel empty and suppressed. will it be the cold weather and long nights? will it be the stress of the holidays? take time, sit down, and think about what makes you frustrated during this time of the year. when you do, focus on what seems to be the 'worst' source of irritation, and think about what you yourself can do to grow and become better from it. it can be incredibly difficult, and the empress knows this; she advises you to let go of these negative emotions when you can, but don't forget that they are valid and so are your struggles.
@nuttysaladtree

thank you!!! i quite like my aesthetic as well :3

here is your reading for spread 2: situation, action, outcome for "how do i wisely spend those gift cards?"

situation

ii of wands

this card can represent planning and discovery. you already began this; you want a plan to wisely use those gift cards, and the ii of wands knows this, and approves that you're taking the first steps just by thinking about it and not letting yourself act before you think.

action

iii of cups

this card can represent happiness and friendship. perhaps ask your close friends (or family) what little thing they've been wanting lately--a book? a simple meal at their favorite restaurant? spend your time and money with them first to show how much you care about them, but make sure to focus on yourself as well afterwards. maybe split the cards half and half!

outcome

iv of wands, reversed

this card can represent a lack of communication and problems at home. there can be tension between you and your loved ones if you spend the cards frivolously, which may be why it'll be a good idea to share what you have with them. they know you're capable of making good decisions, and you know it too! which is why it's important to show that while it's okay to be selfish every once and awhile, sharing what you have proves how good of a person you are. talking about your decisions with the ones you care about before you commit to them can prevent a sense of instability in your relationships.

@OnyxBat

basic fourth spread it is!

"how will the winter season go for me?"

the empress, reversed

this card can represent smothering and dependence. the empress normally represents a nurturing presence, but all things have their darker side, and reversed she seems to be trying to tell you that something during the season will make you feel empty and suppressed. will it be the cold weather and long nights? will it be the stress of the holidays? take time, sit down, and think about what makes you frustrated during this time of the year. when you do, focus on what seems to be the 'worst' source of irritation, and think about what you yourself can do to grow and become better from it. it can be incredibly difficult, and the empress knows this; she advises you to let go of these negative emotions when you can, but don't forget that they are valid and so are your struggles.
flefaeries_2.png
Thank you for the reading! I'll have to keep that stuff in mind as winter approaches.
Thank you for the reading! I'll have to keep that stuff in mind as winter approaches.
[emoji=planet size=1]
flefaeries_2.png
@klefaeries

Hello! Could I get the basic first spread please and public is fine!
@klefaeries

Hello! Could I get the basic first spread please and public is fine!
@klefaeries Hi, could I get spread 4 in response to the question "What kinds of things/activities should I focus on now that I've graduated and am in waiting-for-results-limbo?" Public is fine.

Also, I know it says this is free, but which unicorn bundle would you like the most? (except for silver or starlight, I cannot brew or grind for those as easily >>;;) It's very nice of you to give such readings, and it's serendipitous that FR released them.
@klefaeries Hi, could I get spread 4 in response to the question "What kinds of things/activities should I focus on now that I've graduated and am in waiting-for-results-limbo?" Public is fine.

Also, I know it says this is free, but which unicorn bundle would you like the most? (except for silver or starlight, I cannot brew or grind for those as easily >>;;) It's very nice of you to give such readings, and it's serendipitous that FR released them.
JBEajtP.gif
1 2 3 4