Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [BSJ] A Wayward Workshop
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14
[center][b][ Day Six ][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46111459] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/461115/46111459.png[/img] [/url] Well, at least he was alive and safe now. And made a discovery! "Of course", Asca nodded and followed Cora to said findings. "Hm...", he made upon seeing them, a bit stumped. "This honestly simply looks like the leftovers of tunnel guards. A Spirit Armor doesn't decease this easily, but whoever wielded that Cleaver and the Chimera to which those fangs once belonged were probably not that lucky... Except for...", he took the bottle of oil in his claws - and it immediately slipped through. With a startled noise he managed to catch it by holding the other claw to the underside and carefully placed it back on the table again. He got himself together again fast though and sniffed at the oil, grimacing. "Some dragons use this in their meals I guess... But deity, its slippery! Maybe it isn't as out of place as it seemed, those could be the remains of traps to keep outsiders from the workshop." He took a second look at the weapon and the chain. "They look equally rusted, but of course they were down there for equally long, so they might not have been attached - but who knows, depending on how badly they wanted to keep their secrets, those two items might have built some kind of brutal swing trap." He shrugged his wingbones. "Hard to say without a look at where they came from..." But no, he surely didn't plan on going in there, especially not alone. He was curious but not at all costs. Maybe when the archeologist recovered, he could report what else he had seen. [item=Spirit Armor][item=Cleaver][item=Vegetable Oil][item=Chimera Fangs][item=Tarnished Chain] [s]A bit uncreative and lazy today, ughh...[/s]
[ Day Six ]

46111459.png

Well, at least he was alive and safe now. And made a discovery!
"Of course", Asca nodded and followed Cora to said findings.

"Hm...", he made upon seeing them, a bit stumped.
"This honestly simply looks like the leftovers of tunnel guards. A Spirit Armor doesn't decease this easily, but whoever wielded that Cleaver and the Chimera to which those fangs once belonged were probably not that lucky... Except for...", he took the bottle of oil in his claws - and it immediately slipped through.
With a startled noise he managed to catch it by holding the other claw to the underside and carefully placed it back on the table again.

He got himself together again fast though and sniffed at the oil, grimacing.
"Some dragons use this in their meals I guess... But deity, its slippery! Maybe it isn't as out of place as it seemed, those could be the remains of traps to keep outsiders from the workshop."

He took a second look at the weapon and the chain.
"They look equally rusted, but of course they were down there for equally long, so they might not have been attached - but who knows, depending on how badly they wanted to keep their secrets, those two items might have built some kind of brutal swing trap." He shrugged his wingbones.
"Hard to say without a look at where they came from..." But no, he surely didn't plan on going in there, especially not alone. He was curious but not at all costs.

Maybe when the archeologist recovered, he could report what else he had seen.

Spirit Armor Cleaver Vegetable Oil Chimera Fangs Tarnished Chain

A bit uncreative and lazy today, ughh...
  • FR+9
  • 29y/o
  • they/them
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51666974] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516670/51666974_350.png[/img] [/url] Vona was amazed by the incomplete cards. She was a cartographer herself - well, kind of. After working for the light clan in which she lived for some time by now, Vona teached herself in drawing cards. So far she was convinced doing a good job, but seeing [i]this[/i] she started having doubts about herself. Everything was so... big and neat and organized, unlike her own work. Sure - she was a beginner, but still... Pressing her back tight on her body, she turned away. The good news distracted her from her envious thoughts. She was really happy to hear that the archeologist was alive. "I hope he'll get better soon!", nodding to emphasize her words, she looked at the items on the table. Wobbling her body, Vona petted the familiar. "Cutie! I think, this looks like a hunt!" Quickly pulling back her paw as the spirit armor tried to snatch her, she looked up to Cora. "Chimera fangs are known for their mythical properties. I think, the oil was used to extract something... Alchemists often do this, convinced that they will be able to not only reciving compounds but the attributes of objects and... well, whatever they use for their work..." She paused, slowly nodding. "Some dragons believe, that this extraction of chimera fangs can be used to combine [i]everything. [/i] For an Alchemist, this is incredible useful." Chains, a weapon, a familiar... obvisiously a hunt. Probably they captured the chimera alive and used her for some experiments. Vona shivered. Somehow this thought gave her an uncomfortable feeling... [item=chimera fangs][item=cleaver][item=vegetable oil][item=tarnished chain][item=spirit armor]

51666974_350.png

Vona was amazed by the incomplete cards.
She was a cartographer herself - well, kind of. After working for the light clan in which she lived for some time by now, Vona teached herself in drawing cards.
So far she was convinced doing a good job, but seeing this she started having doubts about herself.
Everything was so... big and neat and organized, unlike her own work. Sure - she was a beginner, but still...
Pressing her back tight on her body, she turned away.

The good news distracted her from her envious thoughts.
She was really happy to hear that the archeologist was alive.
"I hope he'll get better soon!", nodding to emphasize her words, she looked at the items on the table.
Wobbling her body, Vona petted the familiar. "Cutie! I think, this looks like a hunt!"
Quickly pulling back her paw as the spirit armor tried to snatch her, she looked up to Cora.
"Chimera fangs are known for their mythical properties. I think, the oil was used to extract something... Alchemists often do this, convinced that they will be able to not only reciving compounds but the attributes of objects and... well, whatever they use for their work..." She paused, slowly nodding.
"Some dragons believe, that this extraction of chimera fangs can be used to combine everything. For an Alchemist, this is incredible useful."
Chains, a weapon, a familiar... obvisiously a hunt. Probably they captured the chimera alive and used her for some experiments.
Vona shivered. Somehow this thought gave her an uncomfortable feeling...

Chimera Fangs Cleaver Vegetable Oil Tarnished Chain Spirit Armor
[center][b]Day 6 [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50248502] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/502486/50248502.png[/img] [/url] “Oh, that’s great! I’m glad he’s safe.” Podei glances back to the medical tent and back. He’s probably the reason the tent is here. She’s someone glad Clade isn’t here, she knows he’d probably end up in there somehow. She doesn’t voice this to her friend. Instead, she looks over at the new materials set in front of her. “This one seems…. Fairly easy,” She says, surprised. “Kinda like stuff you’d use to prepare for fights. The Spirit Armor could be a dummy, and the cleaver and chain could be the weapons! It’d be hard to fight with a chain, though.” She shrugs, but smiles and says, “If that’s the case, it’s ironic how the guards helped bring this back.” She then looks to Cora, "I hope all this stuff happening isn't stressing you out to much. If you need a break you're always free to come hang out with me! Don't work yourself too hard." [/center]
Day 6

50248502.png

“Oh, that’s great! I’m glad he’s safe.” Podei glances back to the medical tent and back. He’s probably the reason the tent is here. She’s someone glad Clade isn’t here, she knows he’d probably end up in there somehow. She doesn’t voice this to her friend. Instead, she looks over at the new materials set in front of her.

“This one seems…. Fairly easy,” She says, surprised. “Kinda like stuff you’d use to prepare for fights. The Spirit Armor could be a dummy, and the cleaver and chain could be the weapons! It’d be hard to fight with a chain, though.” She shrugs, but smiles and says, “If that’s the case, it’s ironic how the guards helped bring this back.”

She then looks to Cora, "I hope all this stuff happening isn't stressing you out to much. If you need a break you're always free to come hang out with me! Don't work yourself too hard."
about/faq
wishlist
flipnote art shop
[center]First, I'd like to apologize for the lateness of the winners for June 20th. I was traveling back home from a vacation today so much of my day was spent traveling to the airport/on a plane, and as you can garner, no or limited access to wifi. Thus, I'll be doing a dual update here of June 20th's updated and the prompt for the 22nd. I thank you all so much for your patience![/center] [center][font=Georgia][size=7][color=#613F3D]Wi[/color][color=#57372D]nne[/color][color=#2F1F1B]rs[/color][/font][/center] [center][b]June 20[/b] @Wonderlast is our merit winner today! @HelianthusNox and @quietgal are our daily raffle winners for today! Congratulations everybody![/center] [quote][center] View Wonderlast's entry [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2703809/6#post_39488784]here![/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/136979/13697861_350.png[/img][/center] Cora watched Alice and Katherine proceed with a great deal of interest, head resting on her paw idly. "A music box." She murmurs, a genuine fascination lacing her words. "I would have never..." She reaches forward and picks up the contraption, turning it carefully but appreciatively. "There's not a doubt in my mind we could get it back to working order; We must have an expert in instruments [i]somewhere[/i] around the camp." Cora leans over and jots a note to find a dragon who can do exactly that. Then, she turns back to the pair and takes the sheet music from them, opening her bag and slipping it in for future archival purposes. "For your efforts, here. We appreciate this more than you could possibly know." [center][item=Gilded Decorative Chest][/center][/quote] This is the prompt for June 22nd. Note that [b]submissions for the June 21st prompt are still open[/b] until rollover (3 hours!)! This posting however, also opens up the June 22nd prompt to anyone who is interested in participating in it. [quote][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/f5ccb032736d73ae8df37af82ab161d1/tumblr_inline_nswmwe0q2G1qiwi8o_500.gif[/img][color=transparent]--[/color][b]Day Seven[/b] [center]For once, the workshop seems calm. Well, about as calm as a bunch of dragons digging up ancient ruins can be. Work continues on scaffolding inside, along with mapping the workshop. Quite a few archeologists seemed to have grouped up and moved their work deeper into the workshop, gleefully flying into the darkened hallways, eager to be the first to make a brilliant discovery. A guard notices you wandering, grunts something about you being a volunteer, and shoves you towards a well lit hallway. Recalling back to the archeologist who got lost (who you hear is, so far, making a decent recovery), you shudder a bit as you step into the darkened hallway. But this one is well-lit, and seems a somewhat straightforward shot; I.e, you [i]probably[/i] won't get lost. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/136979/13697861_350.png[/img] Upon entering, you see that this could never have been anything but an ancient forge. A stone vat that must have once held molten metal hangs above your head, whilst several furnaces lie tucked into the walls with all the proper forging machinery and tools laid out in front of them. Cora seems to have quite literally picked up a rock and used it as something of a notepad to write on. She seems to be recording the tools in the room and their modern equivalents. When she hears you approach, she spins around and waves cheerfully. "I was worried they wouldn't send the volunteers down here. We need you more than ever, now that we're moving beyond the original foyer." You think briefly about asking her about the dark sprites, but if she is not worried, why should you be? "Come on over here, there's so much to look at!" [item=Serthis Support][item=gold ore][item=battered laser coil][item=fiery might fragment][item=battered gauntlet][/center][/quote] [size=2]@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @mewCoyote @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @MandragoraAutumn @nostalgicgalaxy @Tempter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT @Wonderlast[/size]
First, I'd like to apologize for the lateness of the winners for June 20th. I was traveling back home from a vacation today so much of my day was spent traveling to the airport/on a plane, and as you can garner, no or limited access to wifi. Thus, I'll be doing a dual update here of June 20th's updated and the prompt for the 22nd. I thank you all so much for your patience!
Winners
June 20

@Wonderlast is our merit winner today! @HelianthusNox and @quietgal are our daily raffle winners for today! Congratulations everybody!
Quote:
View Wonderlast's entry here!

13697861_350.png

Cora watched Alice and Katherine proceed with a great deal of interest, head resting on her paw idly. "A music box." She murmurs, a genuine fascination lacing her words. "I would have never..."

She reaches forward and picks up the contraption, turning it carefully but appreciatively. "There's not a doubt in my mind we could get it back to working order; We must have an expert in instruments somewhere around the camp."

Cora leans over and jots a note to find a dragon who can do exactly that. Then, she turns back to the pair and takes the sheet music from them, opening her bag and slipping it in for future archival purposes.

"For your efforts, here. We appreciate this more than you could possibly know."
Gilded Decorative Chest

This is the prompt for June 22nd. Note that submissions for the June 21st prompt are still open until rollover (3 hours!)! This posting however, also opens up the June 22nd prompt to anyone who is interested in participating in it.

Quote:
tumblr_inline_nswmwe0q2G1qiwi8o_500.gif--Day Seven
For once, the workshop seems calm. Well, about as calm as a bunch of dragons digging up ancient ruins can be. Work continues on scaffolding inside, along with mapping the workshop. Quite a few archeologists seemed to have grouped up and moved their work deeper into the workshop, gleefully flying into the darkened hallways, eager to be the first to make a brilliant discovery.

A guard notices you wandering, grunts something about you being a volunteer, and shoves you towards a well lit hallway. Recalling back to the archeologist who got lost (who you hear is, so far, making a decent recovery), you shudder a bit as you step into the darkened hallway. But this one is well-lit, and seems a somewhat straightforward shot; I.e, you probably won't get lost.

13697861_350.png

Upon entering, you see that this could never have been anything but an ancient forge. A stone vat that must have once held molten metal hangs above your head, whilst several furnaces lie tucked into the walls with all the proper forging machinery and tools laid out in front of them.

Cora seems to have quite literally picked up a rock and used it as something of a notepad to write on. She seems to be recording the tools in the room and their modern equivalents. When she hears you approach, she spins around and waves cheerfully.

"I was worried they wouldn't send the volunteers down here. We need you more than ever, now that we're moving beyond the original foyer."

You think briefly about asking her about the dark sprites, but if she is not worried, why should you be?

"Come on over here, there's so much to look at!"

Serthis Support Gold Ore Battered Laser Coil Fiery Might Fragment Battered Gauntlet

@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @mewCoyote @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @MandragoraAutumn @nostalgicgalaxy @Tempter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT @Wonderlast
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22606393] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/226064/22606393_350.png[/img] [/url] "Agrippa, please neutralize that serthis support. I need the column it is encircling." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52199596] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/521996/52199596_350.png[/img] [/url] "Whatever you say! Uh, we're gonna look for Macbeth after this, right?" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23090491] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230905/23090491_350.png[/img] [/url] "Oh, Oh, I know what you're trying to do! I'll take care of it right away! You do the wire, Katherine." Katherine nods. As she opened the laser coil and gutted it of all of its inner components, leaving only an empty tube, Alice began using the gauntlet to grind the gold ore and the might fragment into a fine powder. The two dragons worked together to fill the tube up with the powder. Agrippa returns with the column from the serthis support. "Hey, I still have no idea what we're doing," Agrippa says, "I just wanted your help to lo-" "For Macbeth, yes," Katherine cuts in, "Well, we're trying to help these archaeologists here figure out what the uses of the these items are. We're busy. You can either stay and help us or leave and find your boyfriend." "Best. Friend." Agrippa says, disgruntled. "I'm sure Macbeth will turn up eventually," Alice pipes up, "It's nice that you care about him so much." Agrippa throws up his hands, exasperated, "You know what, I'll stay and help you, just to prove that me and Macbeth are best friends. Best. Friends." Katherine and Alice look at each other and smirked. Katherine searched around the column for an opening. "Aha! As I suspected, serthis support columns are usually hollow, to allow for defensive maneuvers." Alice nods, "We can run this coil filled with crushed gold dust and might fragment through the column. Now, Agrippa, why did we do that?" "I dunno," He says with a dumbfounded look on his face. Katherine sighs, "I'm not sure how much of an asset you will be... Well, gold has healing properties, which is amplified when mixed with a might fragment. We can store it inside a nice package like this and throw it during combat-" "Voila! Healing grenade!" Alice says with a smile, "You can also use the coil to aim, for more controlled healing! This'll be great to take on expeditions and such. Katherine, may you do the honors?" Katherine shakes her head, "Agrippa already beat me to it." The nocturne in question has, indeed, punched a hole clean through the submit button

22606393_350.png

"Agrippa, please neutralize that serthis support. I need the column it is encircling."

52199596_350.png

"Whatever you say! Uh, we're gonna look for Macbeth after this, right?"

23090491_350.png

"Oh, Oh, I know what you're trying to do! I'll take care of it right away! You do the wire, Katherine."

Katherine nods. As she opened the laser coil and gutted it of all of its inner components, leaving only an empty tube, Alice began using the gauntlet to grind the gold ore and the might fragment into a fine powder. The two dragons worked together to fill the tube up with the powder. Agrippa returns with the column from the serthis support.

"Hey, I still have no idea what we're doing," Agrippa says, "I just wanted your help to lo-"

"For Macbeth, yes," Katherine cuts in, "Well, we're trying to help these archaeologists here figure out what the uses of the these items are. We're busy. You can either stay and help us or leave and find your boyfriend."

"Best. Friend." Agrippa says, disgruntled.

"I'm sure Macbeth will turn up eventually," Alice pipes up, "It's nice that you care about him so much."

Agrippa throws up his hands, exasperated, "You know what, I'll stay and help you, just to prove that me and Macbeth are best friends. Best. Friends."

Katherine and Alice look at each other and smirked. Katherine searched around the column for an opening.

"Aha! As I suspected, serthis support columns are usually hollow, to allow for defensive maneuvers."

Alice nods, "We can run this coil filled with crushed gold dust and might fragment through the column. Now, Agrippa, why did we do that?"

"I dunno," He says with a dumbfounded look on his face.

Katherine sighs, "I'm not sure how much of an asset you will be... Well, gold has healing properties, which is amplified when mixed with a might fragment. We can store it inside a nice package like this and throw it during combat-"

"Voila! Healing grenade!" Alice says with a smile, "You can also use the coil to aim, for more controlled healing! This'll be great to take on expeditions and such. Katherine, may you do the honors?"

Katherine shakes her head, "Agrippa already beat me to it."

The nocturne in question has, indeed, punched a hole clean through the submit button
1WhYQHt.png
Day Seven: Wires and gold

Amber noded. "Let's get to work, yes! I'll be very fast today, I promise. So, gold is nice and shiny, but it's also a good conductor of electricity, so I'm thinking that's what it was used for. I bet the wiring in the coil was made of it! Now, what could all of the rest be doing here...?"

She looked at the statue, imposing and tall, then at the stone next to it. " I'm thinking the fragment was useful to whoever was making that statue. It looks heavy, and the slabs its segments were made of must have been heavy, too! So, the dragon sculptor needed the might piece to be efficient in his work. And the wiring..." She stops for a moment then raises her head high in excitement. "Oh! I know what this is! It must be a prototype of a statue that moves! You know, the ones you twist the finger of and a secret door suddenly opens, etc? I bet the wiring was for inside the statue, to control the action connected to it. I'm thinking the control mechanism was going to be placed under the gauntlet - see? It's small enough to be placed on the hand of the statue without falling. That is why it is the only piece of apparel present at the time - the rest of the attire was going to be purely decorational, and so it did not need to be present in order to be tested in here."

Amber smiles at the statue, and then at Cora. "If it's true it would be quite special, I think..."
Day Seven: Wires and gold

Amber noded. "Let's get to work, yes! I'll be very fast today, I promise. So, gold is nice and shiny, but it's also a good conductor of electricity, so I'm thinking that's what it was used for. I bet the wiring in the coil was made of it! Now, what could all of the rest be doing here...?"

She looked at the statue, imposing and tall, then at the stone next to it. " I'm thinking the fragment was useful to whoever was making that statue. It looks heavy, and the slabs its segments were made of must have been heavy, too! So, the dragon sculptor needed the might piece to be efficient in his work. And the wiring..." She stops for a moment then raises her head high in excitement. "Oh! I know what this is! It must be a prototype of a statue that moves! You know, the ones you twist the finger of and a secret door suddenly opens, etc? I bet the wiring was for inside the statue, to control the action connected to it. I'm thinking the control mechanism was going to be placed under the gauntlet - see? It's small enough to be placed on the hand of the statue without falling. That is why it is the only piece of apparel present at the time - the rest of the attire was going to be purely decorational, and so it did not need to be present in order to be tested in here."

Amber smiles at the statue, and then at Cora. "If it's true it would be quite special, I think..."
tLqgaTW.png
[b]Day Seven[/b] [s]too lazy to draw so take this very long dialogue instead haha[/s] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29970628] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/299707/29970628_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26997871] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/269979/26997871_350.png[/img] [/url] Unlike the past days, today Turi was accompanied by a intimidating, haughty looking Skydancer. They stuck close to each other and the new Skydancer was casting a careful glance as they descended down the hallway into the ancient forge, making sure to lead the way. "Did you have to go through this tunnel everyday alone?" Viognier clearly looked unhappy as he assess the possible dangers hiding in the nooks and crannies of the place. "You should've told me. I would've accompany you if I knew you were going through this place alone." Turi shook his head. "You're busy training dragons to go serve the Lightweaver for the Jubilee, I can't bother you with, uh," He gestured vaguely, "my amateur archaeological fascination?" At that, a wry smile lit up Viognier's face. "Doesn't matter to me. If it's you, I'll follow. Just let me know next time, yeah?" "Um alright, if you say so." Turi agreed, visibly flustered at the reassurance, but he couldn't bring himself to deny the goodwill regardless. With the addition of Viognier, it seemed like the time spent figuring out where each items is supposed to go had shortened scarily. How efficient is Viognier anyway for him to out-think him, the (clumsy and cowardly) local engineer?? He even had the gall to look so smug! "First rule out what doesn't fit in these set of items if possible. The Serthis is the most unlikely to be used in combinations with any other items. Between the other four items, the [u]battered gauntlet[/u] can be actively utilize, so I suspect it is the base of our object." Viognier then pushed the Serthis away casually as if it wasn't alive. Then again, he is the resident Ghostlight Raider, Turi supposed not much else can scare him. "Looking at the objects left, I believe these objects are used to reinforce and strengthen the gauntlet, perhaps create a Lighting Fire gauntlet hybrid. The [u]Fiery Might Fragment [/u]can be broken down and pieces of it melded within the gauntlet; same concept applies to the wiring in the [u]Battered laser coil.[/u] Gold, however, unless made into an alloy, is incredibly weak and unsuitable for combat. The more likely explanation for [u]gold ore[/u] is it is use decoratively. This gauntlet wouldn't fit on a dragon, thus the user of this gauntlet must be members of the beastclan." The sheer braincells Viognier is emitting is truly horrifying (and humiliating because Turi, meanwhile, was quite stumped but still). "Well," Suddenly, Viognier reached out with his wing to pat his head. "Do you have any ideas why this non-dragon gauntlet could be found in Athena's Workshop in the first place?" Huh, that is weird. Turi fidgeted in thought. "Perhaps it was a dragon-beastclan alliance or trade. I guess if this place was beastclan friendly a mutualistic relationship could happen? Such a workshop would not have a problem tinkering a small weapon for the beastclan at all, especially in exchange of information or knowledge." "Hmm, I agree." Viognier easily smiled in agreement.
Day Seven

too lazy to draw so take this very long dialogue instead haha

29970628_350.png

26997871_350.png

Unlike the past days, today Turi was accompanied by a intimidating, haughty looking Skydancer. They stuck close to each other and the new Skydancer was casting a careful glance as they descended down the hallway into the ancient forge, making sure to lead the way.

"Did you have to go through this tunnel everyday alone?" Viognier clearly looked unhappy as he assess the possible dangers hiding in the nooks and crannies of the place. "You should've told me. I would've accompany you if I knew you were going through this place alone."

Turi shook his head. "You're busy training dragons to go serve the Lightweaver for the Jubilee, I can't bother you with, uh," He gestured vaguely, "my amateur archaeological fascination?"

At that, a wry smile lit up Viognier's face. "Doesn't matter to me. If it's you, I'll follow. Just let me know next time, yeah?"

"Um alright, if you say so." Turi agreed, visibly flustered at the reassurance, but he couldn't bring himself to deny the goodwill regardless.

With the addition of Viognier, it seemed like the time spent figuring out where each items is supposed to go had shortened scarily. How efficient is Viognier anyway for him to out-think him, the (clumsy and cowardly) local engineer?? He even had the gall to look so smug!

"First rule out what doesn't fit in these set of items if possible. The Serthis is the most unlikely to be used in combinations with any other items. Between the other four items, the battered gauntlet can be actively utilize, so I suspect it is the base of our object." Viognier then pushed the Serthis away casually as if it wasn't alive. Then again, he is the resident Ghostlight Raider, Turi supposed not much else can scare him. "Looking at the objects left, I believe these objects are used to reinforce and strengthen the gauntlet, perhaps create a Lighting Fire gauntlet hybrid. The Fiery Might Fragment can be broken down and pieces of it melded within the gauntlet; same concept applies to the wiring in the Battered laser coil. Gold, however, unless made into an alloy, is incredibly weak and unsuitable for combat. The more likely explanation for gold ore is it is use decoratively. This gauntlet wouldn't fit on a dragon, thus the user of this gauntlet must be members of the beastclan."

The sheer braincells Viognier is emitting is truly horrifying (and humiliating because Turi, meanwhile, was quite stumped but still).

"Well," Suddenly, Viognier reached out with his wing to pat his head. "Do you have any ideas why this non-dragon gauntlet could be found in Athena's Workshop in the first place?"

Huh, that is weird. Turi fidgeted in thought. "Perhaps it was a dragon-beastclan alliance or trade. I guess if this place was beastclan friendly a mutualistic relationship could happen? Such a workshop would not have a problem tinkering a small weapon for the beastclan at all, especially in exchange of information or knowledge."

"Hmm, I agree." Viognier easily smiled in agreement.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51666974] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516670/51666974_350.png[/img] [/url] "This looks really battered...", Vona mumbled quietly, "I know these things were used to produce a high energetically light." Grabbing the laser coil, she tilted her head. "I heard about it. But..." She didn't remember. Bending the coil in her paws, she started humming. It wasn't long ago... but who told her about this weird thing? "Ah...!", she stopped her movements, making a serious face. "I... think this was used for welding. Oh!" She looked up, bouncing in sudden excitement. "I know, I know! There's this dragon... he's a jewellery manufacturer! I chatted with him the other day!" Giggling she pointed at the gold, the coil wipping in her paw. "It [i]was [/i]used for welding, back then! I have no idea how, though..." She stopped, stepping closer to the table. "Gold is the most precious metal and often used for jewellery. I think they may have used this thing..." She picked up the gauntlet, "And the statue as a template for rings and bracelets" Touching the spines she nodded slowly. "I don't remember the details... but I am pretty sure this thing is an old-fashioned tool for welding. Welding precious metals, to be more accurate." Putting the items back on the table, she looked up, satisfied with herself. Then, out of a sudden, she jumped, letting out a scream. "Did that statue just move?"

51666974_350.png

"This looks really battered...", Vona mumbled quietly, "I know these things were used to produce a high energetically light." Grabbing the laser coil, she tilted her head. "I heard about it. But..." She didn't remember. Bending the coil in her paws, she started humming. It wasn't long ago... but who told her about this weird thing?
"Ah...!", she stopped her movements, making a serious face.
"I... think this was used for welding. Oh!" She looked up, bouncing in sudden excitement. "I know, I know! There's this dragon... he's a jewellery manufacturer! I chatted with him the other day!" Giggling she pointed at the gold, the coil wipping in her paw.
"It was used for welding, back then! I have no idea how, though..." She stopped, stepping closer to the table.
"Gold is the most precious metal and often used for jewellery. I think they may have used this thing..." She picked up the gauntlet, "And the statue as a template for rings and bracelets" Touching the spines she nodded slowly.
"I don't remember the details... but I am pretty sure this thing is an old-fashioned tool for welding. Welding precious metals, to be more accurate."
Putting the items back on the table, she looked up, satisfied with herself.
Then, out of a sudden, she jumped, letting out a scream.
"Did that statue just move?"
[center][font=Georgia][size=7][color=#613F3D]Wi[/color][color=#57372D]nne[/color][color=#2F1F1B]rs[/color][/font][/center] [center][b]June 21[/b] I apologize for the lateness of this. I was getting settled in at home today and unfortunately had a mishap in my home whilst I was gone, so that occupied my attention for today and the time for posting the winner slipped by me. The June 23rd prompt will be coming to you all very shortly after this! @quietgal is our merit winner today! @RemanLT and @Tempter are our daily raffle winners for today! Congratulations everybody![/center] [quote][center] View quietgal's entry [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2703809/6#post_39490888]here![/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/136979/13697861_350.png[/img][/center] Cora busies herself with scribbling a note before Amber even finishes talking. While it's clear she's listening, her focus is also partially on the task at hand. When Amber finishes, her gaze rises and she holds the note out to the courier. "You know what? That would be very useful. And if you'd get an object or two off this list, that would be wonderful. If science fails us, historical remedies might not." After Amber takes it, Cora takes another long look at the objects and nods decisively. "Yes, that must be it. I cannot possibly imagine that there weren't guards here in the ancient days, and a dragon alone can barely take on the things that lurk in these ruins." Cora reaches forward and pulls the objects for her. "I'll get this recorded right away. And here, for your help." [center][item=Gilded Decorative Chest][/center][/quote] [size=2]@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @Juri01 @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT[/size]
Winners
June 21

I apologize for the lateness of this. I was getting settled in at home today and unfortunately had a mishap in my home whilst I was gone, so that occupied my attention for today and the time for posting the winner slipped by me. The June 23rd prompt will be coming to you all very shortly after this!

@quietgal is our merit winner today! @RemanLT and @Tempter are our daily raffle winners for today! Congratulations everybody!
Quote:
View quietgal's entry here!

13697861_350.png

Cora busies herself with scribbling a note before Amber even finishes talking. While it's clear she's listening, her focus is also partially on the task at hand. When Amber finishes, her gaze rises and she holds the note out to the courier. "You know what? That would be very useful. And if you'd get an object or two off this list, that would be wonderful. If science fails us, historical remedies might not."

After Amber takes it, Cora takes another long look at the objects and nods decisively. "Yes, that must be it. I cannot possibly imagine that there weren't guards here in the ancient days, and a dragon alone can barely take on the things that lurk in these ruins."

Cora reaches forward and pulls the objects for her. "I'll get this recorded right away. And here, for your help."
Gilded Decorative Chest

@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @Juri01 @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
[b]Day 7[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50248502] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/502486/50248502.png[/img] [/url] “Hey Cora! I’m glad you’re getting farther along in your research,” Podei grins as she enters the area. She looks around and deems the room safe, then steps over to where Cora has pointed out. That is… a good amount of items this time around. She sniffs carefully through them before pulling out some gold ore and a battered gauntlet. “I’m pretty sure this could be used for mining,” She decides, “If not by a dragon, then by something else. Although I’ve heard rumors of pretty big dragons.” [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/479126797364101134/592180741702680601/AAAAAAAAA.png[/img] She smiles at Cora while holding up the gauntlet, “Ooorr… it used to be a death machine that shot lasers at dragons that passed by. It’s all up to speculation.”
Day 7

50248502.png

“Hey Cora! I’m glad you’re getting farther along in your research,” Podei grins as she enters the area. She looks around and deems the room safe, then steps over to where Cora has pointed out. That is… a good amount of items this time around. She sniffs carefully through them before pulling out some gold ore and a battered gauntlet.

“I’m pretty sure this could be used for mining,” She decides, “If not by a dragon, then by something else. Although I’ve heard rumors of pretty big dragons.”

AAAAAAAAA.png

She smiles at Cora while holding up the gauntlet, “Ooorr… it used to be a death machine that shot lasers at dragons that passed by. It’s all up to speculation.”

about/faq
wishlist
flipnote art shop
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14