Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [BSJ] A Wayward Workshop
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
[center][b][ Day Four ][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46111459] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/461115/46111459.png[/img] [/url] [sub]The atmosphere was tense, but what was most uncomfortable to Asca was Cora's behaviour. It had been uncanny before, but without interacting with someone it didn't get to him so much - of course he wished the lost group they'd come back safely, but on the other hand they all were adults and had known it wasn't without risk. He was far from thinking they deserved it - they sure didn't - but he also couldn't feel too sorry, as he didn't know them. But listening to Cora made it a bit less of a story you hear from a distant relative about [i]their[/i] distant relatives, but more real, and - suddenly he felt a little sick. If he knew something uplifting to say to her he would, but nothing came to his mind. He felt slowly more unsettled when he followed her advise and took a look at the objects of today - it was probably just the mood in here. "Do you think they tried to capture ... souls with those things?", he said nonetheless, heart on his tongue, without even noticing. "Those piles are often inhabitet by Poltergeists but this doesn't seem to ... do anything?" He walked around said pile, watching it head lowered, wings close to his body. He knocked. Nothing. Didn't make him feel better. Quite some dragons found them creepy, but the possibility of a well ... 'dead' ghost, a ghost simply removed from existence creeped him out somewhat more. Maybe it just didn't come out...? "About alchemy I don't know a lot, but I'm sure this muck is very conductive, so it was probably used to enhance the electricity of the almonds. Maybe they somehow used it to ... reduce the essence of the familiar to something in the beaker..." He didn't know, couldn't explain, just let out pieces of confusing thought racing in his head, while he reahed for the Mirror. "Well a Mirror just seems to belong rather into a more occult setting, than an alchemical one but they were thought to capture the things you hold before them in many ca- ah!" He almsot dropped it upon looking inside, four eyes widening just for a second, then he hurried to lay down the object again. "It's nothing", he assured even if noone had the chance to ask yet. "I just-" Just ... For a second he had been sure he'd seen a shadow inside... "Nothing." Calmly Asca turned away from the objects. "Sorry I couldn't be more of a help today, it is probably something entirely different. I hope they come back healthy." [item=High-Voltage Almonds][item=Reinforced Glass Beaker][item=Vial of River Muck][item=Poltergeist Pile][item=Mirror]
[ Day Four ]

46111459.png

The atmosphere was tense, but what was most uncomfortable to Asca was Cora's behaviour.
It had been uncanny before, but without interacting with someone it didn't get to him so much - of course he wished the lost group they'd come back safely, but on the other hand they all were adults and had known it wasn't without risk.
He was far from thinking they deserved it - they sure didn't - but he also couldn't feel too sorry, as he didn't know them.

But listening to Cora made it a bit less of a story you hear from a distant relative about their distant relatives, but more real, and - suddenly he felt a little sick.
If he knew something uplifting to say to her he would, but nothing came to his mind.

He felt slowly more unsettled when he followed her advise and took a look at the objects of today - it was probably just the mood in here.
"Do you think they tried to capture ... souls with those things?", he said nonetheless, heart on his tongue, without even noticing.
"Those piles are often inhabitet by Poltergeists but this doesn't seem to ... do anything?"
He walked around said pile, watching it head lowered, wings close to his body. He knocked. Nothing.
Didn't make him feel better. Quite some dragons found them creepy, but the possibility of a well ... 'dead' ghost, a ghost simply removed from existence creeped him out somewhat more.

Maybe it just didn't come out...?

"About alchemy I don't know a lot, but I'm sure this muck is very conductive, so it was probably used to enhance the electricity of the almonds. Maybe they somehow used it to ... reduce the essence of the familiar to something in the beaker..." He didn't know, couldn't explain, just let out pieces of confusing thought racing in his head, while he reahed for the Mirror.

"Well a Mirror just seems to belong rather into a more occult setting, than an alchemical one but they were thought to capture the things you hold before them in many ca- ah!" He almsot dropped it upon looking inside, four eyes widening just for a second, then he hurried to lay down the object again. "It's nothing", he assured even if noone had the chance to ask yet.
"I just-" Just ... For a second he had been sure he'd seen a shadow inside... "Nothing." Calmly Asca turned away from the objects.
"Sorry I couldn't be more of a help today, it is probably something entirely different. I hope they come back healthy."

High-Voltage Almonds Reinforced Glass Beaker Vial of River Muck Poltergeist Pile Mirror
  • FR+9
  • 29y/o
  • they/them
[center][u]Day 4[/u] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51666974] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516670/51666974_350.png[/img] [/url] [item=high-voltage Almonds][item=reinforced glass beaker][item=vial of river muck][item=poltergeist pile][item=mirror][/center] A missed archeologist... And they expected her to look at some objects? Vona didn't speak her question out loud, following Cora quietly, her thoughts drifting elsewhere. Well... it wasn't her buisness. Nevertheless she felt kinda... useless. "Yeah... I will." She coughed slightly, remembering herself to focus on her task. "You know what mirrors are made off?" Not waiting for an answer, Vona picked up the fragile object, hestiating a moment, before she dared looking at her face. a relieved sound escaped her throat, then she laughed. "It's not only glass. You have to put some reflecting metal layer behind it... silver, for example." She made a funny face, giggling over her stupid look. "If you put river muck and highvoltage almonds in a glass beaker, it will heat up by itself.", she continued, without losing sight of her reflection. "It's tricky to cut the almonds, if you don't want to get electrocuted, you better ask a lightning dragon! Then you have to wait. It needs to cool down, and then slowly heatened up again." She laughed out of a sudden, shaking her head. "You know, I'm not an alchemist or a witch! But I'm pretty good in remembering things!" Proud of herself she looked back in the mirror, then turned it to Cora. "The Voltage cracked the molecules and in the heat they will react to something new. A clear solution, highly viscous." Vona tilted her head thinking over the facts. "It sounds easy, but it's not. The cooling process takes some days. You have to filter the plant's leavings. But I guess that's not mportant!", hastily she gestured with her left paw. "The liquid has a special feature. Kinda scary, though... You have to wait till solstice. When the sun reaches it's highest point, put the liquid in it's light.", she quoted, looking into the distance. "And then wait. This solution will break the light in it's components - it will change it's colors. This is kinda rare. A liquid usually isn't able to break the light in different colors - only it it's finely distributed, like rain." She smiled, looked to Cora. "Rainbows, you know? Well... This solution doesn't need to be nebulized. It will turn red first- the warmest. Then orange, yellow, green, blue, violet." Thinking about her words, she nodded slowly. "And then it will turn clear again." Hoping she didn't miss some important information, she continued. "Then you have to pour it on the metal layer. Put the glass on it - and you're done. Every shape of the light will be trapped inside it. Alchemist call it 'Glass of Truth'." Her paw grabbed her snout, slowly rubbing over her sensitive nose. Then Vona's body moved quickly, streching her back, trying to supress the shiver, running down her spines. "Creepy!" It took her some moments to continue. "It says, the mirror will look [i]through [/i]you. 'Lies are lying in the shadows. The sun will lighten up everything.'" With a dramatic gesture she put the mirror back on the table. "If you look in this glass and you are a liar - it will kill you. Not instantly. Slowly, like the colors changed in the sun you will change. Red will bring you a fever. Orange pox. Yellow mucus. Green nausea. Blue the cold and violet the fading eyesight, before you die." Her eyes wandered to the poltergeist, then to Cora. "Isn't it said, that those Familiars are the ghost of mimics?"
Day 4

51666974_350.png

High-Voltage Almonds Reinforced Glass Beaker Vial of River Muck Poltergeist Pile Mirror

A missed archeologist... And they expected her to look at some objects?
Vona didn't speak her question out loud, following Cora quietly, her thoughts drifting elsewhere.
Well... it wasn't her buisness. Nevertheless she felt kinda... useless.
"Yeah... I will." She coughed slightly, remembering herself to focus on her task.

"You know what mirrors are made off?" Not waiting for an answer, Vona picked up the fragile object, hestiating a moment, before she dared looking at her face. a relieved sound escaped her throat, then she laughed.
"It's not only glass. You have to put some reflecting metal layer behind it... silver, for example." She made a funny face, giggling over her stupid look.
"If you put river muck and highvoltage almonds in a glass beaker, it will heat up by itself.", she continued, without losing sight of her reflection. "It's tricky to cut the almonds, if you don't want to get electrocuted, you better ask a lightning dragon! Then you have to wait. It needs to cool down, and then slowly heatened up again." She laughed out of a sudden, shaking her head. "You know, I'm not an alchemist or a witch! But I'm pretty good in remembering things!" Proud of herself she looked back in the mirror, then turned it to Cora.
"The Voltage cracked the molecules and in the heat they will react to something new. A clear solution, highly viscous." Vona tilted her head thinking over the facts. "It sounds easy, but it's not. The cooling process takes some days. You have to filter the plant's leavings. But I guess that's not mportant!", hastily she gestured with her left paw.

"The liquid has a special feature. Kinda scary, though...
You have to wait till solstice. When the sun reaches it's highest point, put the liquid in it's light.", she quoted, looking into the distance. "And then wait. This solution will break the light in it's components - it will change it's colors. This is kinda rare. A liquid usually isn't able to break the light in different colors - only it it's finely distributed, like rain." She smiled, looked to Cora. "Rainbows, you know? Well... This solution doesn't need to be nebulized. It will turn red first- the warmest. Then orange, yellow, green, blue, violet." Thinking about her words, she nodded slowly. "And then it will turn clear again."
Hoping she didn't miss some important information, she continued.
"Then you have to pour it on the metal layer. Put the glass on it - and you're done.
Every shape of the light will be trapped inside it. Alchemist call it 'Glass of Truth'."
Her paw grabbed her snout, slowly rubbing over her sensitive nose. Then Vona's body moved quickly, streching her back, trying to supress the shiver, running down her spines. "Creepy!"
It took her some moments to continue.
"It says, the mirror will look through you. 'Lies are lying in the shadows. The sun will lighten up everything.'" With a dramatic gesture she put the mirror back on the table.
"If you look in this glass and you are a liar - it will kill you. Not instantly. Slowly, like the colors changed in the sun you will change. Red will bring you a fever. Orange pox. Yellow mucus. Green nausea. Blue the cold and violet the fading eyesight, before you die."
Her eyes wandered to the poltergeist, then to Cora.
"Isn't it said, that those Familiars are the ghost of mimics?"
[center][b]Day Four[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50248502] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/502486/50248502.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center]“Oh… I’m so sorry. I hope he is found alive soon.” She gives a small smile to show her support of Cora, then glances over to the items in question. These…. didn’t make sense to her. A pile of poltergeists, an old, beat up mirror, and dried almonds?? What is this, a fashionista’s mistake? She takes a breath and tries to think logically, there is definitely an explanation for this. She taps at each item, trying her best not to get her fur in the muck that is surprisingly still muck and not dried mud. Then she picks up the beaker. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/479126797364101134/591085716486881292/20190619_210016.jpg[/img] “Maybe this is like what Baldwin does? Mixing things together and see what comes out?” She ponders, “That’s my best guess right now. I’m honestly curious what would happen if I put this river muck in there!” She laughs, but it kind of dies down in her throat. There is still a serious operation going on, and this is no time for jokes. “Yyyyeah, I won’t do that. I don’t want to destroy anything like Clade almost did,” She smiles and set the beaker down, “I hope that helps a bit! All this stuff gets so confusing, I can’t imagine doing it for a job.” [/center]
Day Four

50248502.png
“Oh… I’m so sorry. I hope he is found alive soon.” She gives a small smile to show her support of Cora, then glances over to the items in question. These…. didn’t make sense to her. A pile of poltergeists, an old, beat up mirror, and dried almonds?? What is this, a fashionista’s mistake? She takes a breath and tries to think logically, there is definitely an explanation for this.

She taps at each item, trying her best not to get her fur in the muck that is surprisingly still muck and not dried mud. Then she picks up the beaker.

20190619_210016.jpg

“Maybe this is like what Baldwin does? Mixing things together and see what comes out?” She ponders, “That’s my best guess right now. I’m honestly curious what would happen if I put this river muck in there!” She laughs, but it kind of dies down in her throat. There is still a serious operation going on, and this is no time for jokes.

“Yyyyeah, I won’t do that. I don’t want to destroy anything like Clade almost did,” She smiles and set the beaker down, “I hope that helps a bit! All this stuff gets so confusing, I can’t imagine doing it for a job.”
about/faq
wishlist
flipnote art shop
[b]Day four[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/4yT88rC.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26997871] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/269979/26997871_350.png[/img] [/url] The change in the atmosphere is clear today, more somber, more grave, somehow. Especially given Cora's explanation and the guards' more fierce glare than usual, suffice to say Turi was this close to launching himself back to the Windswept Plateau. However with his Chromefeather lookout pestering him and him steeling his nerves, he quickly proceed with the task of figuring things out. "So I realize this is more of a Lightning flight thing rather than Light flight, but I figured I should give it a shot." Turi explained abashedly. Because of course how does someone confuse Lightning flight technology with Light flight! May as well send the guards here to eliminate him themselves! "I think everything here except the poltergeist Pile is used for plating the mirror through electricity. UH let me explain! The river muck carries a lot of heavy metals, and I assume it was the same kind of sheen on the mirror. Considering that, the high voltage almonds does produce lots of electricity, which is the key factor in electroplating. That also explains the use of glass beakers. If my hypothesis is right, I assume this is some kind of trading of knowledge between Light flight and Lightning flight back in the day...Light flight isn't known to hoard things such as reinforced beakers nor high voltage almonds. I believe Light flight is taught how to electroplate by Lightning flight, in exchange for their scholarly achievements." Just when Turi was about to retrieve the mirror, he paused, then glared at his familiar. "...Idiot Sandwich, how did you even put the mirror into a flask?! More importantly, how are we going to get it out now!!!"
Day four

4yT88rC.png

26997871_350.png

The change in the atmosphere is clear today, more somber, more grave, somehow. Especially given Cora's explanation and the guards' more fierce glare than usual, suffice to say Turi was this close to launching himself back to the Windswept Plateau. However with his Chromefeather lookout pestering him and him steeling his nerves, he quickly proceed with the task of figuring things out.

"So I realize this is more of a Lightning flight thing rather than Light flight, but I figured I should give it a shot." Turi explained abashedly. Because of course how does someone confuse Lightning flight technology with Light flight! May as well send the guards here to eliminate him themselves!

"I think everything here except the poltergeist Pile is used for plating the mirror through electricity. UH let me explain! The river muck carries a lot of heavy metals, and I assume it was the same kind of sheen on the mirror. Considering that, the high voltage almonds does produce lots of electricity, which is the key factor in electroplating. That also explains the use of glass beakers. If my hypothesis is right, I assume this is some kind of trading of knowledge between Light flight and Lightning flight back in the day...Light flight isn't known to hoard things such as reinforced beakers nor high voltage almonds. I believe Light flight is taught how to electroplate by Lightning flight, in exchange for their scholarly achievements."

Just when Turi was about to retrieve the mirror, he paused, then glared at his familiar. "...Idiot Sandwich, how did you even put the mirror into a flask?! More importantly, how are we going to get it out now!!!"
(Please add me to the pinglist! I did an event similar to this all the way in 2016 and I had so much fun, can't wait to do it again!) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23090491] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230905/23090491_350.png[/img] [/url] "Oh my Windsinger! We're late!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22606393] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/226064/22606393_350.png[/img] [/url] "Oh, I remember doing helping some archaeologists investigate items just like this, with Donalbain, Cymbeline, and Miranda a few years ago. It was quite the experience." Alice smiles, "So, does that give us a leg up on the competition?" "Nope," Katherine says cheerfully, "We were wildly incompetent. It was funny. So, should we check out the items?" "Sure!" The two dragons moved closer to the pile of things on the table. Katherine poked the mirror experiemntally before stepping away from the poltergeist inside the treasure chest. Alice seems to be deep in thought. Katherine sighed, "I've got no idea what these items could be. They're so... Random." Alice smiles, "Settle down then, because I know exactly what this is. They're artifacts from an old legend. Wanna hear it?" "Sure, I love your story telling skills, Alice." Katherine finds a place to settle down, while Alice haphazardly grabs items off the table. [columns]"A long long time ago, in a place far away, lived a prideful princess who ruled over a rich and powerful kingdom. The princess's vanity was unparraleled. She would spend hours and hours staring into her favorite mirror, admiring her reflection, while spending lavish amounts of money on luxuries for herself without regard for her people's well being. If her ministers tried to voice dissent against her rule, they would be executed on the spot.[nextcol][item=mirror][/columns] [columns][item=high-voltage almonds][nextcol]"Even when a devastating famine hit the country, the princess ignored the pleas of the starving people. While her subjects resorted to eating trash that can barely be called food, like these high voltage almonds, just to survive, the princess dined lavishly in her castle. When the treasury began to run low, she only taxed the people more heavily. "'They have no bread to eat?' She said, 'Well let them eat cake!'[/columns] "Now the princess was bethrothed to a prince in a neighboring kingdom. However, the prince, seeing her cruel ways, called off the engagement and eloped with a young woman from his own country. In a rage, the princess declared war on the prince's kingdom. Everywhere her army went, they would massacre every woman they found, until finally, the prince's new wife was also killed. Satisfied, the princess left her old lover's kingdom in ruins and returned to her own country. [columns]"The blood of the women, mixed with the tears of their fathers and sons, is said to have formed of this blue liquid right here, which imparts crippling grief onto whoever consumes it."[nextcol][item=vial of river muck][/columns] "The war took a huge toll on the already impoverished people. They organized a rebellion and stormed the castle, arresting the princess and calling for her execution. "Still prideful in her final moments, the princess refused to be executed unless she was wearing her favorite dress and had on a full face of her makeup. Before being executed she gazed into her trusty mirror and smiled at her executioner. "'Don't I look beautiful today?' [columns][item=poltergeist pile][nextcol]"Her head rolled off the sword and onto a basket. The executioner picked it up and showed it to the cheering crowd. Only the executioner's apprentice, who had done the princess's makeup moments earlier, noticed the mirror cracking into pieces and a lone ghostly figure emerge from the shards. It jeered at the young man before disappearing to parts unknown."[/columns] Katherine looks at Alice with wide eyes, "Wait, do you think the princess was possessed by a demon or something? Which is why she did all those cruel things?" Alice shrugged, "No one really knows, I've heard people say she was possessed, but I've also heard people say that the demon simply encouraged the princess's evil tendencies. Or that it formed as a result of her wickedness. Anyways, do we hit submit now?" Katherine nodded, "Yes, that was a very good interpretation of the items. Not bad for a first timer."
(Please add me to the pinglist! I did an event similar to this all the way in 2016 and I had so much fun, can't wait to do it again!)

23090491_350.png

"Oh my Windsinger! We're late!"

22606393_350.png

"Oh, I remember doing helping some archaeologists investigate items just like this, with Donalbain, Cymbeline, and Miranda a few years ago. It was quite the experience."

Alice smiles, "So, does that give us a leg up on the competition?"

"Nope," Katherine says cheerfully, "We were wildly incompetent. It was funny. So, should we check out the items?"

"Sure!" The two dragons moved closer to the pile of things on the table. Katherine poked the mirror experiemntally before stepping away from the poltergeist inside the treasure chest. Alice seems to be deep in thought.

Katherine sighed, "I've got no idea what these items could be. They're so... Random."

Alice smiles, "Settle down then, because I know exactly what this is. They're artifacts from an old legend. Wanna hear it?"

"Sure, I love your story telling skills, Alice." Katherine finds a place to settle down, while Alice haphazardly grabs items off the table.
"A long long time ago, in a place far away, lived a prideful princess who ruled over a rich and powerful kingdom. The princess's vanity was unparraleled. She would spend hours and hours staring into her favorite mirror, admiring her reflection, while spending lavish amounts of money on luxuries for herself without regard for her people's well being. If her ministers tried to voice dissent against her rule, they would be executed on the spot. Mirror
High-Voltage Almonds "Even when a devastating famine hit the country, the princess ignored the pleas of the starving people. While her subjects resorted to eating trash that can barely be called food, like these high voltage almonds, just to survive, the princess dined lavishly in her castle. When the treasury began to run low, she only taxed the people more heavily.

"'They have no bread to eat?' She said, 'Well let them eat cake!'

"Now the princess was bethrothed to a prince in a neighboring kingdom. However, the prince, seeing her cruel ways, called off the engagement and eloped with a young woman from his own country. In a rage, the princess declared war on the prince's kingdom. Everywhere her army went, they would massacre every woman they found, until finally, the prince's new wife was also killed. Satisfied, the princess left her old lover's kingdom in ruins and returned to her own country.
"The blood of the women, mixed with the tears of their fathers and sons, is said to have formed of this blue liquid right here, which imparts crippling grief onto whoever consumes it." Vial of River Muck

"The war took a huge toll on the already impoverished people. They organized a rebellion and stormed the castle, arresting the princess and calling for her execution.

"Still prideful in her final moments, the princess refused to be executed unless she was wearing her favorite dress and had on a full face of her makeup. Before being executed she gazed into her trusty mirror and smiled at her executioner.

"'Don't I look beautiful today?'
Poltergeist Pile "Her head rolled off the sword and onto a basket. The executioner picked it up and showed it to the cheering crowd. Only the executioner's apprentice, who had done the princess's makeup moments earlier, noticed the mirror cracking into pieces and a lone ghostly figure emerge from the shards. It jeered at the young man before disappearing to parts unknown."

Katherine looks at Alice with wide eyes, "Wait, do you think the princess was possessed by a demon or something? Which is why she did all those cruel things?"

Alice shrugged, "No one really knows, I've heard people say she was possessed, but I've also heard people say that the demon simply encouraged the princess's evil tendencies. Or that it formed as a result of her wickedness. Anyways, do we hit submit now?"

Katherine nodded, "Yes, that was a very good interpretation of the items. Not bad for a first timer."

1WhYQHt.png
This is the prompt for June 20th. Note that [b]submissions for the June 19th prompt are still open[/b] until an hour from now! This posting however, also opens up the June 20th prompt to anyone who is interested in participating in it. [quote][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/f5ccb032736d73ae8df37af82ab161d1/tumblr_inline_nswmwe0q2G1qiwi8o_500.gif[/img][color=transparent]--[/color][b]Day Five[/b] [center]Inside the workshop, things seem to have almost gone back to normal. The archeologists flit in and out, some having taken up the work of the volunteers, attempting to snuff out ancient inventions. Others are back to take measurements and data from various points in the room. Guards still permeate it, but not nearly as much as the previous day. In the back of the room, a group of snappers are building scaffolding, berated by words by an eager spiral who the constructors look like they would really rather not be talking to them. Cora is off to the side, talking to a scholarly looking dragon. Papers are bursting out of her bag, which she removes and hands off to the dragon. It's at this point you decide to interrupt her. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/136979/13697861_350.png[/img] "Oh! Another volunteer!" One can instantaneously tell the imperial is in a better mood. The life in the workshop seems to have imbued itself into her. "Before you ask, no, we did not find the archeologist." Cora breezes past you cheerily, adjusting her bag strap on her shoulder. "But we found his compass, and that means he's likely just lost, not-" She trails off in hesitation. She knows very well the possibility is still there. "Well. Lets hope for the best, shall we? We have some more components that are stumping us. Come look at them." She leads you over to a table. [item=waterskin][item=amber delver lamp][item=phytocat toy][item=busted wheel frame][item=empty inkwell][/center][/quote] [size=2]@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @mewCoyote @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @MandragoraAutumn @nostalgicgalaxy @Tempter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT @Wonderlast[/size]
This is the prompt for June 20th. Note that submissions for the June 19th prompt are still open until an hour from now! This posting however, also opens up the June 20th prompt to anyone who is interested in participating in it.

Quote:
tumblr_inline_nswmwe0q2G1qiwi8o_500.gif--Day Five
Inside the workshop, things seem to have almost gone back to normal. The archeologists flit in and out, some having taken up the work of the volunteers, attempting to snuff out ancient inventions. Others are back to take measurements and data from various points in the room. Guards still permeate it, but not nearly as much as the previous day.

In the back of the room, a group of snappers are building scaffolding, berated by words by an eager spiral who the constructors look like they would really rather not be talking to them. Cora is off to the side, talking to a scholarly looking dragon. Papers are bursting out of her bag, which she removes and hands off to the dragon. It's at this point you decide to interrupt her.

13697861_350.png

"Oh! Another volunteer!" One can instantaneously tell the imperial is in a better mood. The life in the workshop seems to have imbued itself into her.

"Before you ask, no, we did not find the archeologist." Cora breezes past you cheerily, adjusting her bag strap on her shoulder. "But we found his compass, and that means he's likely just lost, not-" She trails off in hesitation. She knows very well the possibility is still there.

"Well. Lets hope for the best, shall we? We have some more components that are stumping us. Come look at them." She leads you over to a table.

Waterskin Phytocat Toy Busted Wheel Frame Empty Inkwell

@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @mewCoyote @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @MandragoraAutumn @nostalgicgalaxy @Tempter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT @Wonderlast
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
[center][b][ Day Five ][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46111459] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/461115/46111459.png[/img] [/url] [sub]Asca nodded. The mood was better today & he hoped those more harmless assumptions would prove themselves to be true. Either way, his head felt a lot clearer today & he trotted over to the remnants with anticipation again. This time he took longer just inspecting each item instead of talking without thought again, giving each the attention he should to find out what it may have been used for. And "oh", he soon murmured with interest upon looking up close at the wheel, turning it all around to see any possible details - and there he found a hole at one point. It wasn't there by accident, but looked very much like it was drilled in there on purpose. He looked up, suddenly grabbed what could look like a cat familiar toy on its own and probed if the wood stick would fit in there - it did, perfectly! Just so he didn't need to use force but tight so it wouldn't drop out there either. "Oh, we could use this in the clan", he realised, while reaching for the waterskin. A moment later it was easily attached to the end of the cord. "I was born in Light, but I live in a Nature clan - well, it wouldn't be [i]necessary[/i], as it's very abundant and the Gladeveins are never [i]really[/i] out of reach. But you know... For comfort...", he gave what wasn't really a full chuckle, realising how lazy that sounded. "We have a Ridgeback living there, she'd probably be amazed if she could get water without even needing to get her clawtips wet. I mean usually Em fetches the water for her... But this could be attached to a tree for example, at one of the places a little higher above one of the streams and with a handle to turn the wheel you could pull water out and let the skin dry before you fetch it. Some dragon's also wouldn't need to make the way down to drink something fresh anymore ... but I'm not so sure if this would be an advantage." He scoffed a little through his nostrils. Maybe they really were a bit lazy. "Anyway, in conclusion it could have been used to fetch water. In other regions than Nature it probably would be way more helpful even. Maybe they invented it to use in Earth territory?" Even though he'd never been there so far, he could imagine things like those could be a lifesaver to some earth clans. [item=Waterskin][item=Busted Wheel Frame][item=Phytocat Toy]
[ Day Five ]

46111459.png

Asca nodded.
The mood was better today & he hoped those more harmless assumptions would prove themselves to be true.
Either way, his head felt a lot clearer today & he trotted over to the remnants with anticipation again.

This time he took longer just inspecting each item instead of talking without thought again, giving each the attention he should to find out what it may have been used for.

And "oh", he soon murmured with interest upon looking up close at the wheel, turning it all around to see any possible details - and there he found a hole at one point. It wasn't there by accident, but looked very much like it was drilled in there on purpose.
He looked up, suddenly grabbed what could look like a cat familiar toy on its own and probed if the wood stick would fit in there - it did, perfectly! Just so he didn't need to use force but tight so it wouldn't drop out there either.

"Oh, we could use this in the clan", he realised, while reaching for the waterskin.
A moment later it was easily attached to the end of the cord.
"I was born in Light, but I live in a Nature clan - well, it wouldn't be necessary, as it's very abundant and the Gladeveins are never really out of reach. But you know... For comfort...", he gave what wasn't really a full chuckle, realising how lazy that sounded.
"We have a Ridgeback living there, she'd probably be amazed if she could get water without even needing to get her clawtips wet. I mean usually Em fetches the water for her... But this could be attached to a tree for example, at one of the places a little higher above one of the streams and with a handle to turn the wheel you could pull water out and let the skin dry before you fetch it. Some dragon's also wouldn't need to make the way down to drink something fresh anymore ... but I'm not so sure if this would be an advantage."
He scoffed a little through his nostrils. Maybe they really were a bit lazy.

"Anyway, in conclusion it could have been used to fetch water. In other regions than Nature it probably would be way more helpful even. Maybe they invented it to use in Earth territory?"
Even though he'd never been there so far, he could imagine things like those could be a lifesaver to some earth clans.

Waterskin Busted Wheel Frame Phytocat Toy
  • FR+9
  • 29y/o
  • they/them
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51666974] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516670/51666974_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center] Cora appeared relaxed, what lightened up her own mood - did the missed archeologist return? No, as she found out a few moments later. But the Imperial's words gave her a better feeling about the situation. "Sure! Sounds reasonable!" A lost compass - bad luck, but probably he was alive. Highly motivated Vona hopped to the table, quietly humming. "Oh, I loved these as a hatchling!", she called out in excitement, grabbing the Phytocat Toy. Her eyes fixed the wiggly rope and she giggled, then, all of a sudden dropped the toy. "I am so sorry! This is a serious task!" With a sternly face, she picked the plaything up with her tail, putting it back on the table. "Okay. Focus!" She pressed a paw against her left temple, tilting her head slightly. "Since I am an adventurer myself...", smiling proudly, she looked up, "I know what this is." Her upper body wiggles a bit. "You know, light is important in dark places but sometimes..." Lowering her voice she made a dramatic gesture, "It can be dangerous! You don't know what is waiting in caverns, behind the next corner and..." she paused, remembering the missing dragon. Clearing her throat, she continues, picking up the inkwell. "There's always left some remnants in these bottels. If you need to be undetectable, you can darken the lamp with it. The Waterbag is just what it looks like, I assume. Carrying water with you has some advantages beside drinking. For example, you can solve and dilute the ink. As a bright dragon this is the perfect disguise, if used to paint yourself. Wet ink can also be used to left notes or markings." Vona put the small glass back on the table, streching her back. "Also, ink is toxic if it gets in the bloodtrack. Claws and weapons can be moistened with it and give you an advantage if it comes to a fight." She looked up, obvisiously self-satisfied. "Impressing, isn't it?" [center][item=waterskin][item=empty inkwell][item=amber delver's lamp][/center]

Cora appeared relaxed, what lightened up her own mood - did the missed archeologist return?
No, as she found out a few moments later. But the Imperial's words gave her a better feeling about the situation. "Sure! Sounds reasonable!"
A lost compass - bad luck, but probably he was alive.
Highly motivated Vona hopped to the table, quietly humming.

"Oh, I loved these as a hatchling!", she called out in excitement, grabbing the Phytocat Toy. Her eyes fixed the wiggly rope and she giggled, then, all of a sudden dropped the toy. "I am so sorry! This is a serious task!" With a sternly face, she picked the plaything up with her tail, putting it back on the table.
"Okay. Focus!" She pressed a paw against her left temple, tilting her head slightly.

"Since I am an adventurer myself...", smiling proudly, she looked up, "I know what this is." Her upper body wiggles a bit.
"You know, light is important in dark places but sometimes..." Lowering her voice she made a dramatic gesture, "It can be dangerous! You don't know what is waiting in caverns, behind the next corner and..." she paused, remembering the missing dragon. Clearing her throat, she continues, picking up the inkwell.
"There's always left some remnants in these bottels. If you need to be undetectable, you can darken the lamp with it. The Waterbag is just what it looks like, I assume. Carrying water with you has some advantages beside drinking. For example, you can solve and dilute the ink. As a bright dragon this is the perfect disguise, if used to paint yourself. Wet ink can also be used to left notes or markings."
Vona put the small glass back on the table, streching her back. "Also, ink is toxic if it gets in the bloodtrack. Claws and weapons can be moistened with it and give you an advantage if it comes to a fight."

She looked up, obvisiously self-satisfied. "Impressing, isn't it?"
Waterskin Empty Inkwell Amber Delver's Lamp
[b]Day Five[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/V0rXhlp.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26997871] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/269979/26997871_350.png[/img] [/url] "That's pleasant to hear, great news indeed." Turi replied to Cora conversationally. however refrained from saying much else - it really wasn't his place nor is he a part of her crew. So he looked at the table and focused on what he was supposed to do instead. After a while of scurrying around, Turi hovered, stationary, above the ruined wheel frame. "Seeing the wheel and later all of the surrounding items, it appears to be that this is very likely the remnants of a merchant cart?" He picked up the waterskin and inspected it. "This is a merchant's water supply. And that lamp is for nighttime illumination." He explained, somewhat awkward in his mannerisms. "I mean - it is a very simple explanation, but I do feel like it fits this instance much better than any alternatives." He gestured to the empty inkwell and the phytocat toy nearby. "Both of those things can be personal belongings or items to be sold, so that is why I believe it is not made for any specific reason like the past items. Everything just seemed to point towards a nomadic lifestyle...at least I assume it is haha." [Item=Phytocat Toy][Item=Amber Delver's Lamp][Item=Busted Wheel Frame][Item=Empty Inkwell][Item=Waterskin]
Day Five

V0rXhlp.png

26997871_350.png

"That's pleasant to hear, great news indeed." Turi replied to Cora conversationally. however refrained from saying much else - it really wasn't his place nor is he a part of her crew. So he looked at the table and focused on what he was supposed to do instead.

After a while of scurrying around, Turi hovered, stationary, above the ruined wheel frame. "Seeing the wheel and later all of the surrounding items, it appears to be that this is very likely the remnants of a merchant cart?" He picked up the waterskin and inspected it. "This is a merchant's water supply. And that lamp is for nighttime illumination." He explained, somewhat awkward in his mannerisms. "I mean - it is a very simple explanation, but I do feel like it fits this instance much better than any alternatives." He gestured to the empty inkwell and the phytocat toy nearby. "Both of those things can be personal belongings or items to be sold, so that is why I believe it is not made for any specific reason like the past items. Everything just seemed to point towards a nomadic lifestyle...at least I assume it is haha."

Phytocat Toy Amber Delver's Lamp Busted Wheel Frame Empty Inkwell Waterskin
[center][font=Georgia][size=7][color=#613F3D]Wi[/color][color=#57372D]nne[/color][color=#2F1F1B]rs[/color][/font][/center] [center][b]June 19[/b] I have to again offer my sincerest apologies for the lateness of the prompt last night; Severe storms are not kind to wifi! I thank you all for your continued participation. Seriously, its super neat to see all the different directions everyone takes and meet your dragons and their personalities. I'm having a ball and I hope you are too! @Tempter is our merit winner today! @rainenchanter and @Wonderlast are our daily raffle winners for today! Congratulations everybody![/center] [quote][center] View Tempter's entry [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2703809/5#post_39466447]here![/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/136979/13697861_350.png[/img][/center] "Electroplating! Of course!" Cora slaps her head with her paw, cursing herself for not seeing it sooner. "It's just like gold plating, you dip the material into the solution and it draws the metal out when heated. That's...actually brilliant." She eyes the items before her appreciatively. "It's perfectly logical that early scientists and craftsdragons would have exchanged information. Especially in a place like a workshop of Athena, where knowledge above all was valued." Cora glanced around the room and smiled slightly. "All sorts of knowledge, as we're learning..." Her tone drops off suddenly as she remembers why precisely she should not be too joyous. She ducks her head to avoid the burning gazes of the guards and looks at Turi appreciatively. "Thank you, really. This is technology we could utilize now!" Cora reaches over and pets the Chromefeather carefully but appreciatively. "Here, for your help. Both of you." [center][item=Gilded Decorative Chest][/center][/quote] [size=2]@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @Juri01 @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT[/size]
Winners
June 19

I have to again offer my sincerest apologies for the lateness of the prompt last night; Severe storms are not kind to wifi! I thank you all for your continued participation. Seriously, its super neat to see all the different directions everyone takes and meet your dragons and their personalities. I'm having a ball and I hope you are too!

@Tempter is our merit winner today! @rainenchanter and @Wonderlast are our daily raffle winners for today! Congratulations everybody!
Quote:
View Tempter's entry here!

13697861_350.png

"Electroplating! Of course!" Cora slaps her head with her paw, cursing herself for not seeing it sooner. "It's just like gold plating, you dip the material into the solution and it draws the metal out when heated. That's...actually brilliant." She eyes the items before her appreciatively.

"It's perfectly logical that early scientists and craftsdragons would have exchanged information. Especially in a place like a workshop of Athena, where knowledge above all was valued." Cora glanced around the room and smiled slightly. "All sorts of knowledge, as we're learning..."

Her tone drops off suddenly as she remembers why precisely she should not be too joyous. She ducks her head to avoid the burning gazes of the guards and looks at Turi appreciatively.

"Thank you, really. This is technology we could utilize now!" Cora reaches over and pets the Chromefeather carefully but appreciatively. "Here, for your help. Both of you."
Gilded Decorative Chest

@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @Juri01 @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14