Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [BSJ] A Wayward Workshop
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14
@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @mewCoyote @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @MandragoraAutumn @nostalgicgalaxy @Tempter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT @Wonderlast

Hi folks! Promise I won't make a habit of over-pinging you, just wanted to tell you that June 20th's prompt will be available for entries until 2 am FR time to make up for my late posting last night. So if rollover hits and you realize "I didn't submit anything!", fear not! You've got a whole 2 more hours! c:

Thanks again for all you've been writing, you're all fantastic.
@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @mewCoyote @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @MandragoraAutumn @nostalgicgalaxy @Tempter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT @Wonderlast

Hi folks! Promise I won't make a habit of over-pinging you, just wanted to tell you that June 20th's prompt will be available for entries until 2 am FR time to make up for my late posting last night. So if rollover hits and you realize "I didn't submit anything!", fear not! You've got a whole 2 more hours! c:

Thanks again for all you've been writing, you're all fantastic.
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
Day Five: Bare necessities

Amber blinked at the objects before her. She had come to the workshop mostly to check on Cora - and, through extension, on everyone else here she was too afraid to otherwise approach, but who she had started to grow fond of after so many daily visits, hoping for good news on the missing dragons. But although the news she had received weren't bad, a part of her wasn't convinced they were good, either. It was messing up with her concentration.

She blinked once more, trying to focus on the task at hand, and turning a blank... again. In the end, she decided to just give it a go.

"I'm thinking a lot of dragons much smarter and better with their words than me already proposed the obvious or logical solutions to what this could be - mainly something to do with travel or exploration, due to the presence of the light and the waterskin. But you're still stumped on this so, instead, I'm going to propose something weird, ok? I doubt it's correct, but maybe it will inspire one of your scientists into figuring it out" she began. "That type of toy is favoured by the phytocats, so... could this have been a basic pet care set for indoor cultivation of that species? I know it's weird, but hear me out - phytocats are a lot like plants, and plants need light, water... and care, they tell me? Hence the toy, I suppose for that last part." Amber said.

She looked pensively at the rest of the objects for a moment. "I've no idea about these two in the context of a plant cat. The wheel may have been a toy for the kitty, or part of an exercise tool, or most likely it was simply a wheel? And the ink must have been practically a necessity in a workplace such as this one."

Amber sighed, pulling herself away from the table.

"I'm sorry", she said. "Hopefully I'll be able to tell you something better next time you ask me to. In the meantime... can I help you with anything else?"
Day Five: Bare necessities

Amber blinked at the objects before her. She had come to the workshop mostly to check on Cora - and, through extension, on everyone else here she was too afraid to otherwise approach, but who she had started to grow fond of after so many daily visits, hoping for good news on the missing dragons. But although the news she had received weren't bad, a part of her wasn't convinced they were good, either. It was messing up with her concentration.

She blinked once more, trying to focus on the task at hand, and turning a blank... again. In the end, she decided to just give it a go.

"I'm thinking a lot of dragons much smarter and better with their words than me already proposed the obvious or logical solutions to what this could be - mainly something to do with travel or exploration, due to the presence of the light and the waterskin. But you're still stumped on this so, instead, I'm going to propose something weird, ok? I doubt it's correct, but maybe it will inspire one of your scientists into figuring it out" she began. "That type of toy is favoured by the phytocats, so... could this have been a basic pet care set for indoor cultivation of that species? I know it's weird, but hear me out - phytocats are a lot like plants, and plants need light, water... and care, they tell me? Hence the toy, I suppose for that last part." Amber said.

She looked pensively at the rest of the objects for a moment. "I've no idea about these two in the context of a plant cat. The wheel may have been a toy for the kitty, or part of an exercise tool, or most likely it was simply a wheel? And the ink must have been practically a necessity in a workplace such as this one."

Amber sighed, pulling herself away from the table.

"I'm sorry", she said. "Hopefully I'll be able to tell you something better next time you ask me to. In the meantime... can I help you with anything else?"
tLqgaTW.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23090491] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230905/23090491_350.png[/img] [/url] "Um, any idea what this stuff could be?" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22606393] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/226064/22606393_350.png[/img] [/url] "Oh, I know what this is! Hand me the wheel, the lamp, and the pen, please." Alice nodded and grabbed the stuff off the table. On the way back to Katherine, she stumbles over a rock and the items come flying out of her hands. "Alice, no!" Katherine yells. She quickly dips under the falling items and manages to save them, "Wow, that was close." "S-sorry!" Alice says as she picks herself up. She wipes the dust off herself, only for it to all blow into Katherine's face, "Oh my Windsinger, sorry!" Katherine only shakes the dust off herself and sighs, "Anyways, this lamp here is actually a music box. The wheel is actually the mechanism that makes the sounds, and the quill is the player." Katherine holds up the wheel, "See the bumps all over the wheel? They're actually the notes that are supposed to be played by the music box. The bumps raise a corresponding quill point, which then makes a hammer inside the music box hit one of its keys. That's how they make music. It seems this particular box tied the act of making a sound together with light being emitted from the box itself. Rather ingenious, really." Alice looks at the items excitedly, "So, can we see what it sounds like?" Katherine shakes her head, "Unfortunately no. We only have one quill. For the music to play, we would need one for every note, like one for every key on the piano." Alice sighs dejectedly. She mopes around for a moment before settling on the wheel, "Wait, what if we transcribed the notes on the wheel out? Each bump is a note, right?" Katherine nods, "Wow, that's actually a good idea! Ok, let's get to it. We can add some extra harmonies too, to modernize it up a bit. I have some sheet music right here." The two dragons worked vigorously over the sheet music. They gestured to each other excitedly, some pieces of sheet music were crumpled up and lobbed around the workshop, and the sound of their talking grew louder and louder as they neared completion. "You have such a flair for coming up with stories for songs," Katherine says. "The story's inspired by the item's physical appearances too! A dragon sees her lover off on a great expedition, the wheel of his wagon breaks and he perishes, the letters she write him never reach their destination, and she finally embarks on her own journey to search for him by lamplight. Isn't it romantic?" Katherine nods politely, "Well, we call it [url=https://musescore.com/user/10147146/scores/5617377]Searching for You by Lamplight[/url]. I hope everyone enjoys our arrangement. Well, Alice, do you want to do the honors?" "Yeah! Submit!"

23090491_350.png

"Um, any idea what this stuff could be?"

22606393_350.png

"Oh, I know what this is! Hand me the wheel, the lamp, and the pen, please."

Alice nodded and grabbed the stuff off the table. On the way back to Katherine, she stumbles over a rock and the items come flying out of her hands.

"Alice, no!" Katherine yells. She quickly dips under the falling items and manages to save them, "Wow, that was close."

"S-sorry!" Alice says as she picks herself up. She wipes the dust off herself, only for it to all blow into Katherine's face, "Oh my Windsinger, sorry!"

Katherine only shakes the dust off herself and sighs, "Anyways, this lamp here is actually a music box. The wheel is actually the mechanism that makes the sounds, and the quill is the player."

Katherine holds up the wheel, "See the bumps all over the wheel? They're actually the notes that are supposed to be played by the music box. The bumps raise a corresponding quill point, which then makes a hammer inside the music box hit one of its keys. That's how they make music. It seems this particular box tied the act of making a sound together with light being emitted from the box itself. Rather ingenious, really."

Alice looks at the items excitedly, "So, can we see what it sounds like?"

Katherine shakes her head, "Unfortunately no. We only have one quill. For the music to play, we would need one for every note, like one for every key on the piano."

Alice sighs dejectedly. She mopes around for a moment before settling on the wheel, "Wait, what if we transcribed the notes on the wheel out? Each bump is a note, right?"

Katherine nods, "Wow, that's actually a good idea! Ok, let's get to it. We can add some extra harmonies too, to modernize it up a bit. I have some sheet music right here."

The two dragons worked vigorously over the sheet music. They gestured to each other excitedly, some pieces of sheet music were crumpled up and lobbed around the workshop, and the sound of their talking grew louder and louder as they neared completion.

"You have such a flair for coming up with stories for songs," Katherine says.

"The story's inspired by the item's physical appearances too! A dragon sees her lover off on a great expedition, the wheel of his wagon breaks and he perishes, the letters she write him never reach their destination, and she finally embarks on her own journey to search for him by lamplight. Isn't it romantic?"

Katherine nods politely, "Well, we call it Searching for You by Lamplight. I hope everyone enjoys our arrangement. Well, Alice, do you want to do the honors?"

"Yeah! Submit!"
1WhYQHt.png
[center][b]Day Five[/b] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50248502] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/502486/50248502.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48491038] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/484911/48491038.png[/img] [/url][/columns] “At least you found something of his, that might mean he’s not to far from where you found it,” Podei tells the Imperial with a smile. “And maybe we can look for the mystery man!” Clade jumps up and down excitedly, “Earth is scary, but he is ok!” Podei just nods to Clade and says, “The Eleven Willing.” She then turns to the pile of parts and sighs, “I wish I could understand, but it makes less and less sense each time I come here.” “Lemme see,” Clade peers over Podeis shoulder curiously, “Oh! Look!” He points at the phytocat toy in delight, “Its for cats! “It… is for cats,” is all Podei replies. “All of these are for a cat house! So the cats can play all night!” He picks up the lantern and cat toy, playing with the toy like he can see a cat at the other end, “Look, Podei!” “Clade, that's not--” She almost gets angry at him for being so playful in such a situation, but stops, “You know what? Whatever you say, bud. I doubt I’d come up with anything better.” Clade continues to play until enough guards glare at him to where he can feel it. He then sets down the lantern and toy and defers to Cora, “Sorry, no time for play.” [/center] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/479126797364101134/591456686703640627/20190620_213654.jpg[/img]
Day Five

50248502.png

48491038.png

“At least you found something of his, that might mean he’s not to far from where you found it,” Podei tells the Imperial with a smile.

“And maybe we can look for the mystery man!” Clade jumps up and down excitedly, “Earth is scary, but he is ok!”

Podei just nods to Clade and says, “The Eleven Willing.”

She then turns to the pile of parts and sighs, “I wish I could understand, but it makes less and less sense each time I come here.”

“Lemme see,” Clade peers over Podeis shoulder curiously, “Oh! Look!” He points at the phytocat toy in delight, “Its for cats!

“It… is for cats,” is all Podei replies.

“All of these are for a cat house! So the cats can play all night!” He picks up the lantern and cat toy, playing with the toy like he can see a cat at the other end, “Look, Podei!”

“Clade, that's not--” She almost gets angry at him for being so playful in such a situation, but stops, “You know what? Whatever you say, bud. I doubt I’d come up with anything better.”

Clade continues to play until enough guards glare at him to where he can feel it. He then sets down the lantern and toy and defers to Cora, “Sorry, no time for play.”

20190620_213654.jpg
about/faq
wishlist
flipnote art shop
This is the prompt for June 21th. Note that [b]submissions for the June 20th prompt are still open[/b] until two hours past rollover (2 am FR time)! This posting however, also opens up the June 20th prompt to anyone who is interested in participating in it. [quote][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/f5ccb032736d73ae8df37af82ab161d1/tumblr_inline_nswmwe0q2G1qiwi8o_500.gif[/img][color=transparent]--[/color][b]Day Six[/b] [center]Just as Cora predicted, the excavation of the workshop is back in full swing today. As you enter, you notice a medical tent right outside the entrance of the workshop. It definitely had not been there yesterday, but none of the archeologists sweeping in and out of the workshop seem to pay it much mind bar the rare one who slips in and out in a matter of minutes. Inside, decent progress has been made on the scaffolding. They seem to be attempting to reach the ceiling. Another new aspect in the workshop is a large piece of papyrus lying out on one of the forefront tables. You see a large circle on it, and the beginnings of winding hallways being drawn around it. A map of the workshop. Cora is located slightly to the left of it, sitting at her own table. She's scratching something out on the papyrus and looks thoroughly bored with the task. The twitching of her wings and lashing of her tail tells anyone looking at her that she's somewhat agitated. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/136979/13697861_350.png[/img] As you approach, she looks up. "Another volunteer? Honestly, I'm surprised how many of you are coming out here." She smiles slightly, and drops her quill. "Really good news; The lost archeologist is back!" The smile slips from her face just as fast as it came. "I wish I could say uninjured. He is not terribly hurt, but...well, he told us that one of the dark sprites the box released attacked him. We're keeping an eye on him, the repercussions are currently quite unknown." She claps her paws together eagerly. "His injury was not in vain, however. He and his guards made it back with some components from deeper in the workshop. Want to take a look?" [item=spirit armor][item=cleaver][item=vegetable oil][item=chimera fangs][item=tarnished chain][/center][/quote] [size=2]@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @mewCoyote @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @MandragoraAutumn @nostalgicgalaxy @Tempter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT @Wonderlast[/size]
This is the prompt for June 21th. Note that submissions for the June 20th prompt are still open until two hours past rollover (2 am FR time)! This posting however, also opens up the June 20th prompt to anyone who is interested in participating in it.

Quote:
tumblr_inline_nswmwe0q2G1qiwi8o_500.gif--Day Six
Just as Cora predicted, the excavation of the workshop is back in full swing today. As you enter, you notice a medical tent right outside the entrance of the workshop. It definitely had not been there yesterday, but none of the archeologists sweeping in and out of the workshop seem to pay it much mind bar the rare one who slips in and out in a matter of minutes.

Inside, decent progress has been made on the scaffolding. They seem to be attempting to reach the ceiling. Another new aspect in the workshop is a large piece of papyrus lying out on one of the forefront tables. You see a large circle on it, and the beginnings of winding hallways being drawn around it. A map of the workshop.

Cora is located slightly to the left of it, sitting at her own table. She's scratching something out on the papyrus and looks thoroughly bored with the task. The twitching of her wings and lashing of her tail tells anyone looking at her that she's somewhat agitated.

13697861_350.png

As you approach, she looks up. "Another volunteer? Honestly, I'm surprised how many of you are coming out here." She smiles slightly, and drops her quill.

"Really good news; The lost archeologist is back!" The smile slips from her face just as fast as it came. "I wish I could say uninjured. He is not terribly hurt, but...well, he told us that one of the dark sprites the box released attacked him. We're keeping an eye on him, the repercussions are currently quite unknown."

She claps her paws together eagerly. "His injury was not in vain, however. He and his guards made it back with some components from deeper in the workshop. Want to take a look?"

Spirit Armor Cleaver Vegetable Oil Chimera Fangs Tarnished Chain

je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23090491] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230905/23090491_350.png[/img] [/url] "Oh! Let's see here... these items are just brimming with potential for a story! Maybe there was a rebellion-" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22606393] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/226064/22606393_350.png[/img] [/url] "That's nice, Alice, but I think we should try to actually make something with these items. Can't just keep coming up with stories for every set." "Okay..." Alice says dejectedly. Katherine looks over the items pensively, "Oh! I think I saw Donalbain playing around with one of these spirit armor a few weeks ago. Let me see..." She grabs the chimera fangs and jammed it into the armor's mouth. The fangs fit in perfectly, "Oh! I see, this was a defense automaton, probably got defeated by the creatures from Pandora's box. Hand me the chain and sword, please?" Alice gingerly hands the items over to Katherine, "I don't really like the look of these things." "Oh please, you're worrying over nothing. Anyways, this sword is actually the head of a kunai and chain. Just gotta attach it to its chain again, and then give it to the automaton. They can actually go bipedal and wield weapons, you see." Alice blinked, "So does it just stand there? Doesn't seem to be doing any defensing." Katherine grabbed the oil and smiled, "The makers were very enviromentally conscious. Seems like this model runs on vegetable oil. I'll just find the fuel tank and refill it." She felt around until she found a little opening in the robot, then she dumped the contents of whole bottle into the crevice. The automaton flared to life. Its eyes glowed a menacing red. "Intruder. Detected." It snarled at the two dragons, showing its full set of sharp chimera teeth, and began to swing its weapon in their direction. The two dragons scattered in a panic. "Katherine what did you do!?" "I don't know! It must think we're intruders!" "Make it stop! Oh Windsinger the sword is flying my way. This is how I die. It's over." "Alice, duck!" Suddenly, a huge nocturne descended on top of the automaton, crushing the metal defender under his weight with an unceremonious splat. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52199596] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/521996/52199596_350.png[/img] [/url] "Alice! Katherine! Have you seen Macbeth? I lost him on the way to the Brightshine celebrations!" Katherine and Alice gaped at the new arrival in disbelief. "Are you guys okay?" The nocturne asked, concerned. "He crushed it. The artifacts. Destroyed under the weight of his butt," Katherine muttered in shock. "Hi Agrippa!" Alice says cheerily, "Well, the artifacts may be destroyed, but at least we know what they were for now! Submit!" "Alice wai-"

23090491_350.png

"Oh! Let's see here... these items are just brimming with potential for a story! Maybe there was a rebellion-"

22606393_350.png

"That's nice, Alice, but I think we should try to actually make something with these items. Can't just keep coming up with stories for every set."

"Okay..." Alice says dejectedly.

Katherine looks over the items pensively, "Oh! I think I saw Donalbain playing around with one of these spirit armor a few weeks ago. Let me see..."

She grabs the chimera fangs and jammed it into the armor's mouth. The fangs fit in perfectly, "Oh! I see, this was a defense automaton, probably got defeated by the creatures from Pandora's box. Hand me the chain and sword, please?"

Alice gingerly hands the items over to Katherine, "I don't really like the look of these things."

"Oh please, you're worrying over nothing. Anyways, this sword is actually the head of a kunai and chain. Just gotta attach it to its chain again, and then give it to the automaton. They can actually go bipedal and wield weapons, you see."

Alice blinked, "So does it just stand there? Doesn't seem to be doing any defensing."

Katherine grabbed the oil and smiled, "The makers were very enviromentally conscious. Seems like this model runs on vegetable oil. I'll just find the fuel tank and refill it." She felt around until she found a little opening in the robot, then she dumped the contents of whole bottle into the crevice.

The automaton flared to life. Its eyes glowed a menacing red. "Intruder. Detected." It snarled at the two dragons, showing its full set of sharp chimera teeth, and began to swing its weapon in their direction.

The two dragons scattered in a panic.

"Katherine what did you do!?"

"I don't know! It must think we're intruders!"

"Make it stop! Oh Windsinger the sword is flying my way. This is how I die. It's over."

"Alice, duck!"

Suddenly, a huge nocturne descended on top of the automaton, crushing the metal defender under his weight with an unceremonious splat.

52199596_350.png

"Alice! Katherine! Have you seen Macbeth? I lost him on the way to the Brightshine celebrations!"

Katherine and Alice gaped at the new arrival in disbelief.

"Are you guys okay?" The nocturne asked, concerned.

"He crushed it. The artifacts. Destroyed under the weight of his butt," Katherine muttered in shock.

"Hi Agrippa!" Alice says cheerily, "Well, the artifacts may be destroyed, but at least we know what they were for now! Submit!"

"Alice wai-"
1WhYQHt.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50572160] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/505722/50572160_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Tarell, having lived around many warriors and fighters for most of his life, thought he could see a reasonable purpose for at least a few items displayed. "I think that perhaps the oil was used to -erm- oil the chains, and perhaps the armor and cleaver as well. Of course, the armor could also have wielded the cleaver and the chain was what it used to carry it when it wasn't using it. Perhaps the fangs are what's left of an enemy it fought in the past." Terell looked up at the Cora, waiting to see what she thought.
Tarell, having lived around many warriors and fighters for most of his life, thought he could see a reasonable purpose for at least a few items displayed.
"I think that perhaps the oil was used to -erm- oil the chains, and perhaps the armor and cleaver as well. Of course, the armor could also have wielded the cleaver and the chain was what it used to carry it when it wasn't using it. Perhaps the fangs are what's left of an enemy it fought in the past."
Terell looked up at the Cora, waiting to see what she thought.
52030.png
101.png
» Soulthreads
wishlist
dragons for sale
X
X
x
ed6b66583d31e626062d0eb47937ce359a118f7e.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27877895] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/278779/27877895_350.png[/img] [/url] There'd been some sort of misunderstanding, perhaps. Gabriel, Clan Twinstar's doctor, had heard that a medical tent had been set up for those who had been excavating the workshop, and somehow he'd gotten it into his head that they needed his help. But when the Skydancer went over to ask if he could help out, he was simply turned away. It was crowded enough in there already, and they weren't looking for more help at the moment. Finding himself with not much else to do, Gabriel decided he'd take a peek at the workshop itself, and was soon greeted by Cora. "I'm not really a volunteer, I just wanted to see for myself what you've found," he said to her. "I would have liked to help out at the medical tent, myself, but it seems they have things well in hand at the moment." He was a bit concerned, however, upon hearing that one of their archaeologists had been injured by 'dark sprites.' Gabriel shuddered at the thought- it wasn't the first time he'd heard of shadowy beings lurking deep in the ruins. Whatever the case, it seemed that Cora wanted to show him their latest discoveries. Among other things, there was a suit of armor, a sword, some chains, and a bottle with some oil left in it. Gabriel looked over the collection, and it didn't take him long to come up with a guess. "This appears to be some sort of magical training dummy," he said to Cora. "They must have used it to practice fighting the other flights way back then. It looks like it's actually meant to move on its own and swing that sword about. I'm guessing they had trouble controlling these things, though, so they must have used these chains to try and restrain them. "I don't know how anyone would get it working again, though. The oil, maybe? Ah, even if I could figure it out, I'm sure you don't want to risk anyone else getting hurt by these things, do you Cora?"

27877895_350.png

There'd been some sort of misunderstanding, perhaps. Gabriel, Clan Twinstar's doctor, had heard that a medical tent had been set up for those who had been excavating the workshop, and somehow he'd gotten it into his head that they needed his help. But when the Skydancer went over to ask if he could help out, he was simply turned away. It was crowded enough in there already, and they weren't looking for more help at the moment.

Finding himself with not much else to do, Gabriel decided he'd take a peek at the workshop itself, and was soon greeted by Cora. "I'm not really a volunteer, I just wanted to see for myself what you've found," he said to her. "I would have liked to help out at the medical tent, myself, but it seems they have things well in hand at the moment." He was a bit concerned, however, upon hearing that one of their archaeologists had been injured by 'dark sprites.' Gabriel shuddered at the thought- it wasn't the first time he'd heard of shadowy beings lurking deep in the ruins.

Whatever the case, it seemed that Cora wanted to show him their latest discoveries. Among other things, there was a suit of armor, a sword, some chains, and a bottle with some oil left in it. Gabriel looked over the collection, and it didn't take him long to come up with a guess.

"This appears to be some sort of magical training dummy," he said to Cora. "They must have used it to practice fighting the other flights way back then. It looks like it's actually meant to move on its own and swing that sword about. I'm guessing they had trouble controlling these things, though, so they must have used these chains to try and restrain them.

"I don't know how anyone would get it working again, though. The oil, maybe? Ah, even if I could figure it out, I'm sure you don't want to risk anyone else getting hurt by these things, do you Cora?"
xpP2XdL.png
[b]Day Six[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/YhUO814.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26997871] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/269979/26997871_350.png[/img] [/url] The moment Turi figured out what everything could possibly be used for, he scurried backwards as far away as socially acceptable from the ominous objects. Especially far away from that Spirit Armor. He swore the thing runs on vengeance! "I am very convinced this these objects are used for confinement or torture or simply murder - I mean look!" His feathers ruffled up as he pointed to the cleaver. "Give me one good reason anyone would have [i]that[/i] in possession." Realizing his countenance is unseemly, he calmed down. "Chains to confine, Spirit Armour to patrol and guard, oil to - um, oil up the cleavage so it could be used easier? Prone to infection? Anyway, the chimeric fangs I am slightly skeptical, I mean it probably isn't for decoration...but chimeric fangs are quite the esoteric thing - wait no is everything here a setting for a cult?? Tell me it's not a cult the last thing I need is a sacrificial cult that still might exist within the workshop oh no." Above the objects, Turi's Chromefeather lookout could be heard [i]snorting[/i].
Day Six

YhUO814.png

26997871_350.png

The moment Turi figured out what everything could possibly be used for, he scurried backwards as far away as socially acceptable from the ominous objects. Especially far away from that Spirit Armor. He swore the thing runs on vengeance! "I am very convinced this these objects are used for confinement or torture or simply murder - I mean look!" His feathers ruffled up as he pointed to the cleaver. "Give me one good reason anyone would have that in possession." Realizing his countenance is unseemly, he calmed down. "Chains to confine, Spirit Armour to patrol and guard, oil to - um, oil up the cleavage so it could be used easier? Prone to infection? Anyway, the chimeric fangs I am slightly skeptical, I mean it probably isn't for decoration...but chimeric fangs are quite the esoteric thing - wait no is everything here a setting for a cult?? Tell me it's not a cult the last thing I need is a sacrificial cult that still might exist within the workshop oh no."

Above the objects, Turi's Chromefeather lookout could be heard snorting.
Day Six: Sentinel

Amber was bouncing up and down in undiluted excitement. "I went to the tent", she exclaimed, instead of a greeting. "I got them to give me a note with all the healing plants they could use more of right now! Herbs are my most favourite thing to collect, they're colourful, and smell nice, and- Oh! Oh, sorry." She lowered her head, hiding her ever-busy hands in the folds of her wings. "I'm thinking you're not here to make small talk. So, about those items..."

The Nocturne spend some time looking over each object on the table. She spend a fair amount of time on the armour itself, moving different parts of it, checking the plating, noting down the joints of the wings and the helmet. She sniffed the contents of the oil bottle carefully, then ended up tasting a small drop. "Ancient sunflowers", she said to Cora. In the end, she stared long and hard at the chains and the cleaver, seemingly comparing the coatings of rust each had collected.

"Well", she said at last. "At first I thought maybe this was the armour of someone who fought against Chimaeras, hence the teeth, but now I think the Chimera was the protector. I think this was its armour, made and maintained by a friendly dragon from this workshop! Let me explain: the wings are mechanical, with no opening on the armour's back. No dragon would handicap themselves like that, being unable to use their own wings... So it was made for a quadruped with claws - and, given the teeth, I thought a Chimera! I bet the teeth were being used as guideline on how to make the helmet fit better when they had to abandon this place in a hurry!"

Amber hummed to herself, admiring the craftsmanship of the armour. "The oil was to maintain the metal elements - the armour, the chains, etc., from rusting. Now, by examining the neck of the armour itself, it looks like it was chained to something... Or someone. Possibly the Chimera was a guard animal, to be chained to a place that needs protection. Possibly it was chained to a prisoner, even. Possibly, it was being walked around by it. This is where the chain was attached, I believe", she said, pointing out an element at the back of the neck.

"Could a Chimera have wielded that cleaver? There is some small possibility, but it looks too big, not to mention made for somebody with opposing thumbs. So it must have been a trophy, or - and I like this explanation best - it was the weapon of the dragon that used to patrol alongside the Chimera! You know, like buddy cops? So cute!"

Amber shrugged. "Or maybe it had nothing to do with a fully armoured Chimera. No idea. Sorry."
Day Six: Sentinel

Amber was bouncing up and down in undiluted excitement. "I went to the tent", she exclaimed, instead of a greeting. "I got them to give me a note with all the healing plants they could use more of right now! Herbs are my most favourite thing to collect, they're colourful, and smell nice, and- Oh! Oh, sorry." She lowered her head, hiding her ever-busy hands in the folds of her wings. "I'm thinking you're not here to make small talk. So, about those items..."

The Nocturne spend some time looking over each object on the table. She spend a fair amount of time on the armour itself, moving different parts of it, checking the plating, noting down the joints of the wings and the helmet. She sniffed the contents of the oil bottle carefully, then ended up tasting a small drop. "Ancient sunflowers", she said to Cora. In the end, she stared long and hard at the chains and the cleaver, seemingly comparing the coatings of rust each had collected.

"Well", she said at last. "At first I thought maybe this was the armour of someone who fought against Chimaeras, hence the teeth, but now I think the Chimera was the protector. I think this was its armour, made and maintained by a friendly dragon from this workshop! Let me explain: the wings are mechanical, with no opening on the armour's back. No dragon would handicap themselves like that, being unable to use their own wings... So it was made for a quadruped with claws - and, given the teeth, I thought a Chimera! I bet the teeth were being used as guideline on how to make the helmet fit better when they had to abandon this place in a hurry!"

Amber hummed to herself, admiring the craftsmanship of the armour. "The oil was to maintain the metal elements - the armour, the chains, etc., from rusting. Now, by examining the neck of the armour itself, it looks like it was chained to something... Or someone. Possibly the Chimera was a guard animal, to be chained to a place that needs protection. Possibly it was chained to a prisoner, even. Possibly, it was being walked around by it. This is where the chain was attached, I believe", she said, pointing out an element at the back of the neck.

"Could a Chimera have wielded that cleaver? There is some small possibility, but it looks too big, not to mention made for somebody with opposing thumbs. So it must have been a trophy, or - and I like this explanation best - it was the weapon of the dragon that used to patrol alongside the Chimera! You know, like buddy cops? So cute!"

Amber shrugged. "Or maybe it had nothing to do with a fully armoured Chimera. No idea. Sorry."
tLqgaTW.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14