Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [HUB] The Lorebrary
1 2 3 4 5
@Zerohour @Niharike @glacecakes you all asked for a ping when I opened this!
@Zerohour @Niharike @glacecakes you all asked for a ping when I opened this!
Tsari; she/her; FR+8
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO I am here!!!

Seeking: allies, enemies, and arranged marriages!
Preferred: Clans that specialize in fighting for protection, clans that specialize in astronomy, for enemies or arranged marriages I'm open to p much anything!
Not interested in: nothin' yet!
About me: Well i've been featured but we're a magic clan that offers charms and curses, specializing in space magic
More information: idk
How to contact: Ping or PM both work~!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO I am here!!!

Seeking: allies, enemies, and arranged marriages!
Preferred: Clans that specialize in fighting for protection, clans that specialize in astronomy, for enemies or arranged marriages I'm open to p much anything!
Not interested in: nothin' yet!
About me: Well i've been featured but we're a magic clan that offers charms and curses, specializing in space magic
More information: idk
How to contact: Ping or PM both work~!
iO2X60T.png
*cracks knuckles*
Looks like I have a lot of typing to do lmao
*cracks knuckles*
Looks like I have a lot of typing to do lmao
3fd02646aa3f6db04d36eb0a1e9dd03f2a556031.png35245a3da26aa58014493e26dad7707b9eb43417.pngdd18029f6d9f47907dfd09694a95608b0e2e91f9.png
46d82f0c63d3b63c971b1bd6da653380c59c0d22.pnge0d4d34a1aeb0889910ad9f6a3bae8a652c9f3a6.pnge669256c8c8a9d2679c5f85b8ee6d9bdeff0a06f.png
@TsarinaTorment

I love this idea, this is going to be extremely helpful for keeping track of my lore and finding other people! Thanks so much for all your work.

I do have a question though - Is there a particular way of formatting you suggest when someone hasn't written the clan lore / bio themselves but commissioned it from someone else instead? E.g. under a specific title, just a link at the end of the text, as a citation, ...
Or do I just do whatever? :'D

Almost all my lore was written by other people, I just supplied ideas (and payment) ;-;
@TsarinaTorment

I love this idea, this is going to be extremely helpful for keeping track of my lore and finding other people! Thanks so much for all your work.

I do have a question though - Is there a particular way of formatting you suggest when someone hasn't written the clan lore / bio themselves but commissioned it from someone else instead? E.g. under a specific title, just a link at the end of the text, as a citation, ...
Or do I just do whatever? :'D

Almost all my lore was written by other people, I just supplied ideas (and payment) ;-;
+9 FR Time
fbwG7W5.pngDmRdZYl.png
@Balaeniceps that's a very good question, and one I hadn't thought of...

I would say that as long as the credit is somewhere, it's up to you how you do it. You could credit the relevant author under each section, or you could create a heading at the bottom, around where 'Trivia' can be found on a lot of pages (e.g. my progen's) called "Credits" or similar and list off who wrote what section there. You can contact the author in question to ask if they have a preference where they're credited, if that would be an easier way to decide.
@Balaeniceps that's a very good question, and one I hadn't thought of...

I would say that as long as the credit is somewhere, it's up to you how you do it. You could credit the relevant author under each section, or you could create a heading at the bottom, around where 'Trivia' can be found on a lot of pages (e.g. my progen's) called "Credits" or similar and list off who wrote what section there. You can contact the author in question to ask if they have a preference where they're credited, if that would be an easier way to decide.
Tsari; she/her; FR+8
@TsarinaTorment

Thanks for the reply! The option with a Credits heading at the bottom sounds like the tidiest one, so I'll try organizing it like that. c:
@TsarinaTorment

Thanks for the reply! The option with a Credits heading at the bottom sounds like the tidiest one, so I'll try organizing it like that. c:
+9 FR Time
fbwG7W5.pngDmRdZYl.png
We now have a Lightning Hub!
We now have a Lightning Hub!
Tsari; she/her; FR+8
And.... the Plague hub is updated ! =D

I am pretty entousiastic to see Lorebrary growing!

(I am espescialy exited about the show case)

edit:
@TsarinaTorment
I did some moderation on the Lorebrary's Page (cleaning categories on the dragon page/ renaming dragon page)

Some user added some categories and I would like to know if wich one could be relevent to keep in order to update your Guide (google doc) and so delete the other ones from the pages.
  • Clan Founder, I know that most of people designated their leader(s) also as funder(s) of their clan. But I spoted some Founders who don't rule their clan. They are more like venerable elders. I think this one is very relevant to be add to the category pool! =)
  • Housekeeper, for now, two dragons have this category. I don't have any opinion about it. Do we keep it, or not? (or rename it ?)
  • Shadetouched, I think this one might be relevent in some lore.
  • Storyteller, kind of relevent.

There are also the categories users created for their own clan.
ex: "Clan Helianthe"

I didn't spot any rule about that in the guide. Are they allowed to create categories of that kind? (I could be a bit messy if everybody do that, don't you think so ?)

and, I saw the categories "dressmaker" and "couturier" in the guide. Maybe we could merge this ones together. (no dragons are linked in 'Couturier' for now)
And.... the Plague hub is updated ! =D

I am pretty entousiastic to see Lorebrary growing!

(I am espescialy exited about the show case)

edit:
@TsarinaTorment
I did some moderation on the Lorebrary's Page (cleaning categories on the dragon page/ renaming dragon page)

Some user added some categories and I would like to know if wich one could be relevent to keep in order to update your Guide (google doc) and so delete the other ones from the pages.
  • Clan Founder, I know that most of people designated their leader(s) also as funder(s) of their clan. But I spoted some Founders who don't rule their clan. They are more like venerable elders. I think this one is very relevant to be add to the category pool! =)
  • Housekeeper, for now, two dragons have this category. I don't have any opinion about it. Do we keep it, or not? (or rename it ?)
  • Shadetouched, I think this one might be relevent in some lore.
  • Storyteller, kind of relevent.

There are also the categories users created for their own clan.
ex: "Clan Helianthe"

I didn't spot any rule about that in the guide. Are they allowed to create categories of that kind? (I could be a bit messy if everybody do that, don't you think so ?)

and, I saw the categories "dressmaker" and "couturier" in the guide. Maybe we could merge this ones together. (no dragons are linked in 'Couturier' for now)
9Iyo63B.png
?ytbH=party.png
Help me to grow!!!
My 100 Babies Challenge
(With a Naomi's descendant)
@Fouguri thanks for that!

Regarding the categories, it's been brought to my attention that the guide as a whole needs a couple of tweaks wikia's changed some of the basics about page creation since I last updated it, thanks wikia, so I'll look at that more thoroughly in a minute, but as initial responses go:

Clan Founder is a good one! I'll add that my matriarch is my founder so I forgot about a distinction

Housekeeper... well, I thought I'd made a category 'Lairkeeper' but apparently I never actually did it, so I'll add 'Housekeeper' to the list. EDIT: nope, changing my mind and calling it 'Lairkeeper'. I'll change those two to the new category.

Shadetouched is a category... I may have just forgotten to add it to the guide list. Oops. (A good way to tell if a category is a category is if there's any dragon in it from 'Fukutsu no Seishin', because that's my clan. If there's a dragon from that clan in there but it's not a listed category, I've forgotten to add it).

Storyteller... I am actually ashamed of myself for never thinking of that one. Yes, definitely a relevant category!

'Couturier' was a requested category, but as it's not been used even by the person that requested it merging with 'Dressmaker' sounds like a good idea.

As for making clans themselves categories, I have to admit I did consider adding it when it started happening about a year ago but ended up considering it too messy to then try and retroactively add in - we have over 130 different clans on the Lorebrary at the moment. At the same time, though, I can see why some people would want to keep their dragons together in a single category, so while I haven't added it as a rule one way or the other, I haven't deleted ones I've seen. If it ends up becoming an issue (e.g. multiple clans with the same name and therefore sharing a category) then I think we'll enforce removing it but for now it seems as if there's no problem. I'll add something about it in the guide so people aren't left hanging.
@Fouguri thanks for that!

Regarding the categories, it's been brought to my attention that the guide as a whole needs a couple of tweaks wikia's changed some of the basics about page creation since I last updated it, thanks wikia, so I'll look at that more thoroughly in a minute, but as initial responses go:

Clan Founder is a good one! I'll add that my matriarch is my founder so I forgot about a distinction

Housekeeper... well, I thought I'd made a category 'Lairkeeper' but apparently I never actually did it, so I'll add 'Housekeeper' to the list. EDIT: nope, changing my mind and calling it 'Lairkeeper'. I'll change those two to the new category.

Shadetouched is a category... I may have just forgotten to add it to the guide list. Oops. (A good way to tell if a category is a category is if there's any dragon in it from 'Fukutsu no Seishin', because that's my clan. If there's a dragon from that clan in there but it's not a listed category, I've forgotten to add it).

Storyteller... I am actually ashamed of myself for never thinking of that one. Yes, definitely a relevant category!

'Couturier' was a requested category, but as it's not been used even by the person that requested it merging with 'Dressmaker' sounds like a good idea.

As for making clans themselves categories, I have to admit I did consider adding it when it started happening about a year ago but ended up considering it too messy to then try and retroactively add in - we have over 130 different clans on the Lorebrary at the moment. At the same time, though, I can see why some people would want to keep their dragons together in a single category, so while I haven't added it as a rule one way or the other, I haven't deleted ones I've seen. If it ends up becoming an issue (e.g. multiple clans with the same name and therefore sharing a category) then I think we'll enforce removing it but for now it seems as if there's no problem. I'll add something about it in the guide so people aren't left hanging.
Tsari; she/her; FR+8
@Bekuno @Zerohour @Balaeniceps @fuwafuwa @Fouguri [s]first use of the pinglist aah[/s] Four updates of varying importance have occurred over the past few days: Number one: we now have a Lightning Hub! Thank you, Zerohour! Number two: a new question has been added to the FAQ. It's currently been added to the Main, Arcane and Lightning Hubs. I'll be contacting the other hub hosts [s]probably tomorrow I need to go to bed very soon[/s] to ask them to update them, too. [quote=FAQ] [b]I commissioned someone else to write my lore. Where do I credit them?[/b] As long as the credit is somewhere, it's up to you how you do it. You could credit the relevant author under each section, or you could create a heading at the bottom, around where 'Trivia' can be found on a lot of pages (e.g. [url=http://the-lorebrary.wikia.com/wiki/KetsuekiRyuu_(Fukutsu_no_Seishin)]this one[/url]) called "Credits" or similar and list off who wrote what section there. You can also contact the author in question to ask if they have a preference where they're credited, if that would be an easier way to decide.[/quote] Number 3: A few problems with [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/10otVVe9meAQOJrFMQuZ3UGWT5lPxZJu9aNXDZvdSbhI/edit?usp=sharing]the guide[/url] were highlighted to me, so it's now been rewritten to hopefully more accurately show how to use the wikia in its current forms. As always, if anything doesn't make sense, feel free to ask me". Number 4: There's been some dragon category changes and updates! The guide now hopefully show them more clearly, but for clarity's sake I'll also list a complete guides of all our current categories here. If I've missed anything, let me know! [b]Dragon Role Categories[/b]: [LIST] [*]Alchemist [i](a dragon that interacts with Baldwin, likes creating gold, FMA fandragon etc.)[/i] [*]Advisor [i](a dragon that advises another)[/i] [*]Ambassador [i](includes flight representatives)[/i] [*]Artist [i](includes cartographers and other similar professions)[/i] [*]Assassin [i](those killers from the shadows[/i]) [*]Chef [i](any dragon involved in the preparation of food)[/i] [*]Clan Founder [i](a dragon that created the clan)[/i] [*]Clan Leader [i](if they lead/co-lead the clan, this is them, regardless of whether you call them ‘matriarch’, ‘patriarch’, ‘king’, ‘queen’... Whatever. Use ‘clan leader’)[/i] [*]Consort [i](for those mates of leaders that aren’t leaders themselves)[/i] [*]Counsellor [i](a dragon whose role is to offer ‘council’ in the form of emotional support)[/i] [*]Craftsdragon [i](any dragon that makes things and doesn’t fall into another category)[/i] [*]Digger [i](a dragon responsible for digging during gathering)[/i] [*]Dressmaker [i](dragons that make apparel, also includes couturiers)[/i] [*]Engineer [i](any dragon that likes to tinker with machinery)[/i] [*]Entertainer [i](any dragon whose job is to entertain)[/i] [*]Explorer [i](dragons that like to see the world)[/i] [*]Forager [i](dragons responsible for gathering plants to eat)[/i] [*]Fisher [i](dragons responsible for gathering fish to eat)[/i] [*]Gardener [i](dragons that look after areas of natural growth)[/i] [*]Guard [i](dragons whose job is to protect, includes wardens etc.)[/i] [*]Healer [i](all those dragons that end up looking after the others when they’re sick/injured)[/i] [*]Heir [i](any dragon with a claim to leadership)[/i] [*]Hunter [i](any dragon responsible for gathering meat to eat)[/i] [*]Insect Catcher [i](any dragon responsible for gathering insects to eat)[/i] [*]Inventor [i](any dragon that likes to make new things)[/i] [*]Jeweller [i](any dragon involved in the creation of jewellery and other such shiny things)[/i] [*]Lairkeeper [i](all those dragons that keep the lair tidy and running smoothly)[/i] [*]Librarian [i](dragons that look after written literature)[/i] [*]Mage [i](any primarily-magic user)[/i] [*]Mercenary [i](any dragon that sells their services to the highest bidder, including bounty hunters)[/i] [*]Messenger [i](the ones that deliver letters and parcels to other clans)[/i] [*]Musician [i](the ones that love music, including singers)[/i] [*]Nanny [i](the ones that look after the hatchlings)[/i] [*]Necromancer [i](the ones interested in the undead. Includes the dragons interested in creating their own Emperor)[/i] [*]Ranger [i](groundskeepers of the nomadic sort)[/i] [*]Religious Devotee [i](priests/priestesses/cultists/clerics etc.)[/i] [*]Scavenger [i](a dragon responsible for scavenging during gathering)[/i] [*]Scholar [i](the curious researchers)[/i] [*]Scientist [i](the curious researchers who are more logic-based and less science-based)[/i] [*]Scout (the explorers that don’t stray far from home and just check the clan’s borders) [*]Scribe [i](the ones that write down what the scholars and scientists are too busy to)[/i] [*]Seer [i](the ones that can see or sense things beyond normal vision/senses, including oracles)[/i] [*]Smith [i](any dragon that forges things)[/i] [*]Spy [i](the ones that like to gather information without the subject knowing)[/i] [*]Storyteller [i](the ones that spin yarns and recount events)[/i] [*]Tamer [i](the one that looks after the familiars)[/i] [*]Trader [i](any dragon that sells things)[/i] [*]Teacher [i](any dragon that likes to educate)[/i] [*]Treasurer [i](the ones in charge of the money)[/i] [*]Warrior [i](the ones that fight)[/i] [/LIST] [b]Miscellaneous Dragon Categories[/b] [LIST] [*]Construct [i](any dragon artifically created rather than hatched)[/i] [*]Deity [i](for those gods in dragon form I know are out there)[/i] [*]Demigod [i](for the half-gods in dragon form)[/i] [*]Elemental [i](a dragon that is a literal embodiment of an element/flight)[/i] [*]Emperor [i](any dragon/dragons involved in an emperor)[/i] [*]Exalted [i](a dragon exalted but still lore-important)[/i] [*]Fandragon [i](a dragon created specifically to represent a character from a source other than FR)[/i] [*]Shadetouched [i](any dragon infected by the shade)[/i] [*]Shapeshifter [i](any dragon that isn’t necessarily a dragon, or doesn’t always stay in dragon form)[/i] [/LIST] This rejig has meant that four categories have been removed or renamed. I'll be going through the Lorebrary [s]again, probably tomorrow now it's getting late here[/s] to edit these. [LIST] [*][i]Bounty Hunter[/i] now falls under [b]Mercenary[/b] [*][i]Couturier[/i] now falls under [b]Dressmaker[/b] [*][i]Dancer[/i] now falls under [b]Entertainer[/b] [*][i]Housekeeper[/i] has been renamed to [b]Lairkeeper[/b] [/LIST]
@Bekuno @Zerohour @Balaeniceps @fuwafuwa @Fouguri

first use of the pinglist aah

Four updates of varying importance have occurred over the past few days:

Number one: we now have a Lightning Hub! Thank you, Zerohour!

Number two: a new question has been added to the FAQ. It's currently been added to the Main, Arcane and Lightning Hubs. I'll be contacting the other hub hosts probably tomorrow I need to go to bed very soon to ask them to update them, too.
FAQ wrote:
I commissioned someone else to write my lore. Where do I credit them?
As long as the credit is somewhere, it's up to you how you do it. You could credit the relevant author under each section, or you could create a heading at the bottom, around where 'Trivia' can be found on a lot of pages (e.g. this one) called "Credits" or similar and list off who wrote what section there. You can also contact the author in question to ask if they have a preference where they're credited, if that would be an easier way to decide.

Number 3: A few problems with the guide were highlighted to me, so it's now been rewritten to hopefully more accurately show how to use the wikia in its current forms. As always, if anything doesn't make sense, feel free to ask me".

Number 4: There's been some dragon category changes and updates! The guide now hopefully show them more clearly, but for clarity's sake I'll also list a complete guides of all our current categories here. If I've missed anything, let me know!

Dragon Role Categories:
  • Alchemist (a dragon that interacts with Baldwin, likes creating gold, FMA fandragon etc.)
  • Advisor (a dragon that advises another)
  • Ambassador (includes flight representatives)
  • Artist (includes cartographers and other similar professions)
  • Assassin (those killers from the shadows)
  • Chef (any dragon involved in the preparation of food)
  • Clan Founder (a dragon that created the clan)
  • Clan Leader (if they lead/co-lead the clan, this is them, regardless of whether you call them ‘matriarch’, ‘patriarch’, ‘king’, ‘queen’... Whatever. Use ‘clan leader’)
  • Consort (for those mates of leaders that aren’t leaders themselves)
  • Counsellor (a dragon whose role is to offer ‘council’ in the form of emotional support)
  • Craftsdragon (any dragon that makes things and doesn’t fall into another category)
  • Digger (a dragon responsible for digging during gathering)
  • Dressmaker (dragons that make apparel, also includes couturiers)
  • Engineer (any dragon that likes to tinker with machinery)
  • Entertainer (any dragon whose job is to entertain)
  • Explorer (dragons that like to see the world)
  • Forager (dragons responsible for gathering plants to eat)
  • Fisher (dragons responsible for gathering fish to eat)
  • Gardener (dragons that look after areas of natural growth)
  • Guard (dragons whose job is to protect, includes wardens etc.)
  • Healer (all those dragons that end up looking after the others when they’re sick/injured)
  • Heir (any dragon with a claim to leadership)
  • Hunter (any dragon responsible for gathering meat to eat)
  • Insect Catcher (any dragon responsible for gathering insects to eat)
  • Inventor (any dragon that likes to make new things)
  • Jeweller (any dragon involved in the creation of jewellery and other such shiny things)
  • Lairkeeper (all those dragons that keep the lair tidy and running smoothly)
  • Librarian (dragons that look after written literature)
  • Mage (any primarily-magic user)
  • Mercenary (any dragon that sells their services to the highest bidder, including bounty hunters)
  • Messenger (the ones that deliver letters and parcels to other clans)
  • Musician (the ones that love music, including singers)
  • Nanny (the ones that look after the hatchlings)
  • Necromancer (the ones interested in the undead. Includes the dragons interested in creating their own Emperor)
  • Ranger (groundskeepers of the nomadic sort)
  • Religious Devotee (priests/priestesses/cultists/clerics etc.)
  • Scavenger (a dragon responsible for scavenging during gathering)
  • Scholar (the curious researchers)
  • Scientist (the curious researchers who are more logic-based and less science-based)
  • Scout (the explorers that don’t stray far from home and just check the clan’s borders)
  • Scribe (the ones that write down what the scholars and scientists are too busy to)
  • Seer (the ones that can see or sense things beyond normal vision/senses, including oracles)
  • Smith (any dragon that forges things)
  • Spy (the ones that like to gather information without the subject knowing)
  • Storyteller (the ones that spin yarns and recount events)
  • Tamer (the one that looks after the familiars)
  • Trader (any dragon that sells things)
  • Teacher (any dragon that likes to educate)
  • Treasurer (the ones in charge of the money)
  • Warrior (the ones that fight)

Miscellaneous Dragon Categories
  • Construct (any dragon artifically created rather than hatched)
  • Deity (for those gods in dragon form I know are out there)
  • Demigod (for the half-gods in dragon form)
  • Elemental (a dragon that is a literal embodiment of an element/flight)
  • Emperor (any dragon/dragons involved in an emperor)
  • Exalted (a dragon exalted but still lore-important)
  • Fandragon (a dragon created specifically to represent a character from a source other than FR)
  • Shadetouched (any dragon infected by the shade)
  • Shapeshifter (any dragon that isn’t necessarily a dragon, or doesn’t always stay in dragon form)

This rejig has meant that four categories have been removed or renamed. I'll be going through the Lorebrary again, probably tomorrow now it's getting late here to edit these.
  • Bounty Hunter now falls under Mercenary
  • Couturier now falls under Dressmaker
  • Dancer now falls under Entertainer
  • Housekeeper has been renamed to Lairkeeper
Tsari; she/her; FR+8
1 2 3 4 5