Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Share Your FR Headcanons!
1 2 3
@SmilingVirus
Beautiful beautiful... I especially love the idea of lightning dragons being static-y.
My friend and I had one headcanon that most Nature-aligned dragons (aka thats what flight they choose to live under, not necessarily what they came from) worship life but do not want to acknowledge death, while Plague-aligned dragons embrace the cycle of life and death and instead celebrate death, and maybe even believe in reincarnation.
@SmilingVirus
Beautiful beautiful... I especially love the idea of lightning dragons being static-y.
My friend and I had one headcanon that most Nature-aligned dragons (aka thats what flight they choose to live under, not necessarily what they came from) worship life but do not want to acknowledge death, while Plague-aligned dragons embrace the cycle of life and death and instead celebrate death, and maybe even believe in reincarnation.
Juliet | She/Her | FR +3
FFweN5e.pnglP3A8fq.pngWHKF1eI.pngVDEbdRX.pngRytvwI2.pngTNk7xoI.png
Haven't fully read FR lore, I've only skimmed it. ^^

Arcane dragons have the innate ability to do some sort of magic. It comes in different types, uses, etc. It's either they learn them or just have them right off the bat.

Plague dragons are great friends to have because they can taste test foods to tell you if it's poisoned or expired. Also, they never complain about food, anything is good for them.

Nature dragons are pretty good at sneaking around if they naturally have the colors to match the environment in them. Also great at communing with nature, trees, plants. Real good gardeners.

Water dragons can breath underwater. All of them can.

Earth dragons are naturally sturdier than the average dragon.

Shadow dragons can see in the dark and have a hard time seeing during the day. Have a game night, every night. Prone to gambling.

Some Wind dragons have mood swings depending on the weather. Can also tell when it's going to rain.

All dragons are immune, to an extent, their own elements. Arcane is weird but just like their deity, aren't that physically strong unless if they physically train for it.

Spirals like to do cuddle piles. Like a bowl of noodles.

Gen1 dragons not having parents make me think they were born like a snap into existence and being born right out of thin air is very jarring. They take a while to figure out how to walk and some experiences can be traumatizing.
Haven't fully read FR lore, I've only skimmed it. ^^

Arcane dragons have the innate ability to do some sort of magic. It comes in different types, uses, etc. It's either they learn them or just have them right off the bat.

Plague dragons are great friends to have because they can taste test foods to tell you if it's poisoned or expired. Also, they never complain about food, anything is good for them.

Nature dragons are pretty good at sneaking around if they naturally have the colors to match the environment in them. Also great at communing with nature, trees, plants. Real good gardeners.

Water dragons can breath underwater. All of them can.

Earth dragons are naturally sturdier than the average dragon.

Shadow dragons can see in the dark and have a hard time seeing during the day. Have a game night, every night. Prone to gambling.

Some Wind dragons have mood swings depending on the weather. Can also tell when it's going to rain.

All dragons are immune, to an extent, their own elements. Arcane is weird but just like their deity, aren't that physically strong unless if they physically train for it.

Spirals like to do cuddle piles. Like a bowl of noodles.

Gen1 dragons not having parents make me think they were born like a snap into existence and being born right out of thin air is very jarring. They take a while to figure out how to walk and some experiences can be traumatizing.
Beep Boop
I think that Mirrors cackle like spotted hyenas when excited and hungry. They also whoop.

Guardians can produce sonar pulses to communicate, like whales or dolphins. They can also breathe underwater for varying amounts of time, but most must eventually breath air at some point.

Nocturnes can change their body-colour with time to match their environment. They can also imitate nearly any noise and can produce extraordinary volumes that can be harmful at close range.

Wildclaws tap their claws when they are attempting to indicate impatience of some variety, such as boredom, frustration, or otherwise. They also do this if attempting to announce their presence without speaking.

Skydancers can, as well as reading emotion of those around them, radiate their own or amplify nearby feelings. Their antenna also shake when doing this. They may also buzz.

Fae are prone to vocal aphasia.

Mirrors have poor eyesight, but they are great at seeing movement and heat. So, it is best to hide from Mirrors than running.

The different breeds have different sleep cycles. Mirrors are crepuscular for instance. Snappers may be nocturnal to avoid the heat and burning sun. Etc.

Nature dragons are most powerful during the day when nearby plants are more active.

Some tundras' winter fur is actually coarse, like polar bear fur. Their summer fur is softer though, and some Tundras always have soft fur.

Imperials have very flexible physiologies, allowing for great adaptability. Their unstable anatomy allows them to heal rapidly and to resist infection, as well as adapting rapidly and using magic well, but they are prone to cancers and to the formation of abominations.

Living in elemental domains contrary to one's own slowly causes bodily degeneration, which may cause premature symptoms of old age like arthritis or dementia.

Arcane magic is unstable and produces ionizing radiation which has proven dangerous for non-arcane dragons.

Excess magic may cause psychosis.
I think that Mirrors cackle like spotted hyenas when excited and hungry. They also whoop.

Guardians can produce sonar pulses to communicate, like whales or dolphins. They can also breathe underwater for varying amounts of time, but most must eventually breath air at some point.

Nocturnes can change their body-colour with time to match their environment. They can also imitate nearly any noise and can produce extraordinary volumes that can be harmful at close range.

Wildclaws tap their claws when they are attempting to indicate impatience of some variety, such as boredom, frustration, or otherwise. They also do this if attempting to announce their presence without speaking.

Skydancers can, as well as reading emotion of those around them, radiate their own or amplify nearby feelings. Their antenna also shake when doing this. They may also buzz.

Fae are prone to vocal aphasia.

Mirrors have poor eyesight, but they are great at seeing movement and heat. So, it is best to hide from Mirrors than running.

The different breeds have different sleep cycles. Mirrors are crepuscular for instance. Snappers may be nocturnal to avoid the heat and burning sun. Etc.

Nature dragons are most powerful during the day when nearby plants are more active.

Some tundras' winter fur is actually coarse, like polar bear fur. Their summer fur is softer though, and some Tundras always have soft fur.

Imperials have very flexible physiologies, allowing for great adaptability. Their unstable anatomy allows them to heal rapidly and to resist infection, as well as adapting rapidly and using magic well, but they are prone to cancers and to the formation of abominations.

Living in elemental domains contrary to one's own slowly causes bodily degeneration, which may cause premature symptoms of old age like arthritis or dementia.

Arcane magic is unstable and produces ionizing radiation which has proven dangerous for non-arcane dragons.

Excess magic may cause psychosis.
dbpwq3g-7e9d6c9e-85a8-4b9c-bcbd-2d891aef0130.png
Water dragons (especially Guardians) have better vision at night/underwater. They can also hold their breath underwater for longer than other dragons.

Bogsneaks have naturally wet skin and need to take mud baths to stay healthy and refreshed

Plague dragons aren't picky eaters, but Nature dragons can be. In a harsh environment such as the Plague lands, not many species can thrive so the dragons there have to be adaptable. Meanwhile in Nature, where life is plentiful, dragons often occupy narrow niches to ensure that there's enough resources to go around.
Water dragons (especially Guardians) have better vision at night/underwater. They can also hold their breath underwater for longer than other dragons.

Bogsneaks have naturally wet skin and need to take mud baths to stay healthy and refreshed

Plague dragons aren't picky eaters, but Nature dragons can be. In a harsh environment such as the Plague lands, not many species can thrive so the dragons there have to be adaptable. Meanwhile in Nature, where life is plentiful, dragons often occupy narrow niches to ensure that there's enough resources to go around.
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
my headcanons:

The shade is a sadistic force of evil. It really likes to cause dragons suffering. Before it got exiled from Sornieth, it wanted to destroy it. But now, it found out that it would rather cause dragons suffering then destroy Sornieth.

The way I handle dragon sizes is I see them as being sort of the same size. Imperials are a little taller, and the rest are a little smaller; however, they're about the same size. (this may not be a headcanon, but it's how I handle dragon sizes)

Except for Faes.

I've headcanoned that faes are actually really small (you know,, like in canon), but over time, they've learned how to use magic to make themselves about the size of other dragons. You know, so they don't get squished.

And they can stay the size of other dragons indefinitely.

A fae can't just grow to the size of a canon imperial. Even when they're the size of other dragons, they're still the smallest. But at least then, they won't be squished.

Faes can also shrink indefinitely; they can also shrink themselves down even under the size of the smallest insect.

All water dragons are born with adaptations that allow one to breathe underwater. These dragons can stay underwater indefinitely, and water magic also allows one to be able to breathe underwater (albeit with a time limit). If the dragon in question wants a more permanent solution, look for a plague dragon... and see the headcanon below.

There is a certain discipline of plague magic that allows one to alter their own genes, and sometimes, the genes of other creatures. Plague dragons can do this to alter their own selves, as well as add on some certain mutagens, such as the ability to breathe underwater or resist radiation. However, this can result in extreme injury if done incorrectly; which is why many plague dragons using this magic study genetics, to avoid injury to themselves.

If a dragon from each flight used their magic in the same spot, another element, 'aether' would appear. Aether manipulates the raw force behind magic.

Dragons with the ability to use 2 elements are possible... here is some circumstances it could happen.

- A dragon gets a blessing of the gift of that element from one of the dieties, and they are a different element.

- A dragon is born on the border of 2 flights. The dragonet has a chance of being able to use the elements of the two flights.

- A dragon, due to a supernatural circumstance, got this ability. (My lore is chock-full of these 'supernatural circumstances').

yeah those are basically my headcanons... maybe I'll write more later

my headcanons:

The shade is a sadistic force of evil. It really likes to cause dragons suffering. Before it got exiled from Sornieth, it wanted to destroy it. But now, it found out that it would rather cause dragons suffering then destroy Sornieth.

The way I handle dragon sizes is I see them as being sort of the same size. Imperials are a little taller, and the rest are a little smaller; however, they're about the same size. (this may not be a headcanon, but it's how I handle dragon sizes)

Except for Faes.

I've headcanoned that faes are actually really small (you know,, like in canon), but over time, they've learned how to use magic to make themselves about the size of other dragons. You know, so they don't get squished.

And they can stay the size of other dragons indefinitely.

A fae can't just grow to the size of a canon imperial. Even when they're the size of other dragons, they're still the smallest. But at least then, they won't be squished.

Faes can also shrink indefinitely; they can also shrink themselves down even under the size of the smallest insect.

All water dragons are born with adaptations that allow one to breathe underwater. These dragons can stay underwater indefinitely, and water magic also allows one to be able to breathe underwater (albeit with a time limit). If the dragon in question wants a more permanent solution, look for a plague dragon... and see the headcanon below.

There is a certain discipline of plague magic that allows one to alter their own genes, and sometimes, the genes of other creatures. Plague dragons can do this to alter their own selves, as well as add on some certain mutagens, such as the ability to breathe underwater or resist radiation. However, this can result in extreme injury if done incorrectly; which is why many plague dragons using this magic study genetics, to avoid injury to themselves.

If a dragon from each flight used their magic in the same spot, another element, 'aether' would appear. Aether manipulates the raw force behind magic.

Dragons with the ability to use 2 elements are possible... here is some circumstances it could happen.

- A dragon gets a blessing of the gift of that element from one of the dieties, and they are a different element.

- A dragon is born on the border of 2 flights. The dragonet has a chance of being able to use the elements of the two flights.

- A dragon, due to a supernatural circumstance, got this ability. (My lore is chock-full of these 'supernatural circumstances').

yeah those are basically my headcanons... maybe I'll write more later

fireflower.png StarlightDragon7
> Wishlist
> Progen Lineage
> Clan Lore (wip)
> Art dumpster
> Flourish and bloom. And stay determined.
muK7GRQ.png
1 2 3