Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Write Away
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92
@Gula, thank you for your patience! Winner by default. I like the bookend and how you've woven the past and the present together. Eun's had an interesting life, hasn't he? (Incidentally, I've been watching clips of the live action Rurouni Kenshin films, so I've been in samurai mood, too, hehe.) I also like the interconnectedness of the cultures here; I think it's all too easy to forget that what classrooms divide into distinct cultures for pedagogical purposes did interact with each other, and quite a lot.

(Edited to change Youtube link to Funimation link.)
@Gula, thank you for your patience! Winner by default. I like the bookend and how you've woven the past and the present together. Eun's had an interesting life, hasn't he? (Incidentally, I've been watching clips of the live action Rurouni Kenshin films, so I've been in samurai mood, too, hehe.) I also like the interconnectedness of the cultures here; I think it's all too easy to forget that what classrooms divide into distinct cultures for pedagogical purposes did interact with each other, and quite a lot.

(Edited to change Youtube link to Funimation link.)
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?
@nuttysaladtree

Yeah. I didnt learn much about Japan or Korea or Japan in most of my history classes. Most of what I learned was western like the Greeks, or various Europeans. Especially Korea I have barely heard mentioned in any history class. Japan gets mentioned sometimes for their isolationism in the past, and for WW2, and China for the Great Wall, the Mandate of Heaven, gunpowder, and blast furnaces.

This thread doesn't seem super active anymore. Maybe it just needs the right prompt or something.
@nuttysaladtree

Yeah. I didnt learn much about Japan or Korea or Japan in most of my history classes. Most of what I learned was western like the Greeks, or various Europeans. Especially Korea I have barely heard mentioned in any history class. Japan gets mentioned sometimes for their isolationism in the past, and for WW2, and China for the Great Wall, the Mandate of Heaven, gunpowder, and blast furnaces.

This thread doesn't seem super active anymore. Maybe it just needs the right prompt or something.
Gula.gif
Prompt: We Shall Overcome

@0Musicheart0 @Adaris @AloneTogether @AnacondaMiracle @Annalynn @Aphelium @Arithelia @Auraelia @Avanari @AwkwardAngel @Bic @Carvaiine @catmeow1 @CelestialNarwhal @Chessboard @Chrisondra @coyearth @Crystalinastar @Darkmoonbreeder @demonslayr62 @Draxia @Eiira @Elroth @Emberlight @Endernil @Everburn @Farryx @FlamingDragon02 @GalazyBunny @GreatLordHades @Gula @HardcoreUvula @hume @Idyll @Kapara @Kattata @kitty1425 @Kumie @LapisDragon17718 @lessthan3 @Lightshadow101 @Lunalis @Macchi @meddlesomedragon @Midoriko @mischiefsabre @monochromia @MxMagpie @Mypilot @MysticalScribe @MythicalCookie @NotThePinkKirby @pharmakraken @PixieKnight3264 @Pocketdog9 @Redtiger7736 @Reiyn @SamIamLuvDov @seige @Sharpjay217 @Shikigami @Silver202 @sixcrows @Slayborn @SocialBookWorm @Solstices @stanlley @Tirtouga678 @TundraReign @TwilightDreams @TwoSwordsClash @VeronicaSawyer @VoyagerII @Zikta @flinders @lanternwisp @BreezeFeather
Prompt: We Shall Overcome

@0Musicheart0 @Adaris @AloneTogether @AnacondaMiracle @Annalynn @Aphelium @Arithelia @Auraelia @Avanari @AwkwardAngel @Bic @Carvaiine @catmeow1 @CelestialNarwhal @Chessboard @Chrisondra @coyearth @Crystalinastar @Darkmoonbreeder @demonslayr62 @Draxia @Eiira @Elroth @Emberlight @Endernil @Everburn @Farryx @FlamingDragon02 @GalazyBunny @GreatLordHades @Gula @HardcoreUvula @hume @Idyll @Kapara @Kattata @kitty1425 @Kumie @LapisDragon17718 @lessthan3 @Lightshadow101 @Lunalis @Macchi @meddlesomedragon @Midoriko @mischiefsabre @monochromia @MxMagpie @Mypilot @MysticalScribe @MythicalCookie @NotThePinkKirby @pharmakraken @PixieKnight3264 @Pocketdog9 @Redtiger7736 @Reiyn @SamIamLuvDov @seige @Sharpjay217 @Shikigami @Silver202 @sixcrows @Slayborn @SocialBookWorm @Solstices @stanlley @Tirtouga678 @TundraReign @TwilightDreams @TwoSwordsClash @VeronicaSawyer @VoyagerII @Zikta @flinders @lanternwisp @BreezeFeather
Gula.gif
"The first rule is..." Grinning, she swings her axe through the rope bridge you're still standing on. "Don't fight the terrain."

You hit the water before it even occurs to you to scream.
"Finally awake, sleepy head?" Your head and back throbs. You've washed ashore on a pile of driftwood; your head and back throbs and branches scrape your palms; you ignore the pain in favor of the woman, standing triumphant at the top of the chasm.

You growl and try to stand. You eventually make it through sheer force of will; you can't lay back down. Not here. Not now.

She throws her head back and laughs, before gesturing to your surroundings. "Luckily for you, when it comes to opponents, size doesn't matter."

Your gaze tracks her hand to the chasm, whose cliff faces are not rock but the corpses of fallen giants. You step back in fear and realize teeth and bone fragments dig into the soles of your feet. The sockets rival two of your fists put together; the roots of the teeth extend from your wrist to your knuckles.

Then again, you were unusually small for your species.

Tears sting your eyes, and you gaze at all the giants, slain. "I swear to you, my kin, that we shall overcome." You turn your head toward her, cruelty twisting her face into a bloodthirsty smirk. "That we shall overcome the ghost of midnight, Jack the Giant Slayer!" You grip your sword. "Tonight is the last night we live in fear!"

You charge across the scapula of giants.
"The first rule is..." Grinning, she swings her axe through the rope bridge you're still standing on. "Don't fight the terrain."

You hit the water before it even occurs to you to scream.
"Finally awake, sleepy head?" Your head and back throbs. You've washed ashore on a pile of driftwood; your head and back throbs and branches scrape your palms; you ignore the pain in favor of the woman, standing triumphant at the top of the chasm.

You growl and try to stand. You eventually make it through sheer force of will; you can't lay back down. Not here. Not now.

She throws her head back and laughs, before gesturing to your surroundings. "Luckily for you, when it comes to opponents, size doesn't matter."

Your gaze tracks her hand to the chasm, whose cliff faces are not rock but the corpses of fallen giants. You step back in fear and realize teeth and bone fragments dig into the soles of your feet. The sockets rival two of your fists put together; the roots of the teeth extend from your wrist to your knuckles.

Then again, you were unusually small for your species.

Tears sting your eyes, and you gaze at all the giants, slain. "I swear to you, my kin, that we shall overcome." You turn your head toward her, cruelty twisting her face into a bloodthirsty smirk. "That we shall overcome the ghost of midnight, Jack the Giant Slayer!" You grip your sword. "Tonight is the last night we live in fear!"

You charge across the scapula of giants.
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?
Is this thread dead?
Is this thread dead?
It would seem so. Or at least in a deep coma.
It would seem so. Or at least in a deep coma.
Yes, my name is strangely spelled.
~~~~~~~~~~

I am not a hoarder. I am, in fact, the caretaker of an exquisitely curated collection of Level 25 Dragons. Yes, there is so a difference.
I'm happy that people are still checking this thread...
I'm happy that people are still checking this thread...
Do you think since it's been so long we can just start a new prompt? Or maybe ping the only person to answer the last prompt?
Do you think since it's been so long we can just start a new prompt? Or maybe ping the only person to answer the last prompt?
@catmeow1 I was wondering if it might just be better to start a new thread. I don't know how many of the people on the ping list are still interested, or if it might be easier to get new people on a new thread.

They don't really seem to be very active to ping, right now. Their dragons are low on energy, and their last post was in January.
@catmeow1 I was wondering if it might just be better to start a new thread. I don't know how many of the people on the ping list are still interested, or if it might be easier to get new people on a new thread.

They don't really seem to be very active to ping, right now. Their dragons are low on energy, and their last post was in January.
med_fish_smol.pngsplish_smol.png
@MistLeaf This seems like you want to make one. If you do, please ping me, I'd be happy to join.
@MistLeaf This seems like you want to make one. If you do, please ping me, I'd be happy to join.
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92