Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Write Away
1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 91 92
@Catmeow1

Behind a screen. Shallow words, deep meaning. They talk to me, because they cannot see my face, cannot see the monster that I am.

Beautiful. My heart is sad, but it soars when I think of the freedom I have when I am with them. They seem to really care.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but maybe, just maybe they truly love me for who I am.

Not my scarred face. Not my rough words. Not my clumsy limbs.

But my words. My spirit. My love for them.

How to describe this feeling? Is it twisted, how the world and the people on the other side of the screen seem more real and more loving than my own friends and family?

Is it twisted that when I think of them, I think of light and love, but when I think of everyone in my real life, I think of darkness and sorrow and hate?

Their forgiveness was never mine, not when they saw who I was, inside and out.

But these people, behind this screen... They care. They give me a chance.

Do I deserve it? Maybe I don't. But am I really a monster, like the ones who have seen me seem to think?

Is it twisted? The thoughts going through my head. That I would trade my friends, my family. For these people I've never met.

Just words on a screen. But they strike my heart, my soul. Deeper, deeper, than any real words ever go.

The pain and the hurt, the bullets they fire, they ricochet when my heart is full.

Full of the joys behind the screen.

I must know. Would they still love me if they knew? They say they would.

But I don't know if that's the truth.

Take off my mask. Show them reality.

A monster in the place of someone they thought they loved.

And now, alone.

I miss them. So much. Too much.

Is it twisted that I miss someone I don't even know?
@Catmeow1

Behind a screen. Shallow words, deep meaning. They talk to me, because they cannot see my face, cannot see the monster that I am.

Beautiful. My heart is sad, but it soars when I think of the freedom I have when I am with them. They seem to really care.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but maybe, just maybe they truly love me for who I am.

Not my scarred face. Not my rough words. Not my clumsy limbs.

But my words. My spirit. My love for them.

How to describe this feeling? Is it twisted, how the world and the people on the other side of the screen seem more real and more loving than my own friends and family?

Is it twisted that when I think of them, I think of light and love, but when I think of everyone in my real life, I think of darkness and sorrow and hate?

Their forgiveness was never mine, not when they saw who I was, inside and out.

But these people, behind this screen... They care. They give me a chance.

Do I deserve it? Maybe I don't. But am I really a monster, like the ones who have seen me seem to think?

Is it twisted? The thoughts going through my head. That I would trade my friends, my family. For these people I've never met.

Just words on a screen. But they strike my heart, my soul. Deeper, deeper, than any real words ever go.

The pain and the hurt, the bullets they fire, they ricochet when my heart is full.

Full of the joys behind the screen.

I must know. Would they still love me if they knew? They say they would.

But I don't know if that's the truth.

Take off my mask. Show them reality.

A monster in the place of someone they thought they loved.

And now, alone.

I miss them. So much. Too much.

Is it twisted that I miss someone I don't even know?
[center]@Catmeow1 [i]Throwing this out there just before deadline time because Im bored and wanna see how fast I can make a story.[/i] Characters; [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=422180&tab=dragon&did=58910433]Zerith[/url] and [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=422180&did=61018206]Alioth[/url] ------- Alioth was brought upon this world in a sudden twist, his wings those made of darkness and glistening with a soft beckoning gleam, his very being that made of star dust and cosmos, this wings the size of a broken ring draping itself around saturn and eyes that of a broken man. [i]No purpose. [/i] He had none, other that of his small object laying within a blanket of darkness. shimmers of light just beyond that globe but always too far. Alioth did not beckon that attention, basking within the only times of the softness he could but beyond that he was alone, cold in a wasteland of rock and blankess while his light gleened upon it, taking and taking the love and warmth he rightfully deserved. It was silent for eons, his mind starting to play tricks on him, trying to call out among the void but he never answered. Tucked within the darkness like a dying moth yearning for the sun. One day, he broke. Sobs pouring from him like waterfalls his gigantic form shaking the sphere within his cradle, loud howls of pure desperation pouring from his throat, he was so very tired of being alone. wishing for anyone, anything to gift him their voice. Unbeknown to Alioth, he'd been heard, that light had coiled around itself upon hearing the cries and a loud purring cry of hopeful comfort swirled around the earth to grace Alioth like a firelight. He wasn't alone. Calling back to the being, louder and desperate and his cals had been returned, Alioth for the first time in many years felt happiness grow in him. His rock starting to gleam from the tight hold he had on it, eyes sparked with relief. He would call out to his new friend for hours upon hours, just letting out loud chirps and calls to be returned in a melody by the other. He wanted to meet them, his [i]light[/i]. Alioth watched the Earth gain all the warmth of the light and now his friend before he grew angry. Angry at the large rock of nothing between them and angry at the blank nothingness surrounding him, the cold tearing into his bones like rabid wolves. His howl echoed the galaxy as he spread his wings and took flight towards the large sphere, rage coursing his veins and tearing into his soul with the sharpness of a knife. He torn apart those that stood in his way, not caring a bit, they deserved it in his eyes, stealing the warmth for only themselves, and now his friend. His cried out, a sharp ringing sound that caused the being of light to uncurl from their star. answering with a howl back before feeling the balance shift. Wings flicking out the dragon shot from his star towards Earth. Wondering why the voice was I’m on the planet. He called out for the other. searching before realizing it was too late. Alioth turned towards the being of light, and a low cooing sould rose from his throat, claws dripping red and feathers stained. his eyes wide as he took in the other, his soul signing loud and happily for once, head bowing as he took a step forward. The albino stepped back, looking upon the scene with horror, before looking at the other, who watched him heartbroken, a look of shattered hope dancing in their eyes and he just cooed a soft sad melody. Looking around and flicking his wings. The dragons didn’t understand why they'd been gone so soon, why the gods had decided to take it out on them but Zerith understood. Realizing that none of this would have happened if the 'Great One' hadn't neglected his creations. Zerith just stood for a moment taking in everything before looking back at the moon, his wings shuddered before opening, clawed paws reaching for the softly glowing and dripping Coatl who almost tripped over his own paws racing over to the sun. [img]https://i.imgur.com/976CGht.png[/img][/center]
@Catmeow1
Throwing this out there just before deadline time because Im bored and wanna see how fast I can make a story.

Characters; Zerith and Alioth

Alioth was brought upon this world in a sudden twist, his wings those made of darkness and glistening with a soft beckoning gleam, his very being that made of star dust and cosmos, this wings the size of a broken ring draping itself around saturn and eyes that of a broken man.

No purpose.
He had none, other that of his small object laying within a blanket of darkness. shimmers of light just beyond that globe but always too far. Alioth did not beckon that attention, basking within the only times of the softness he could but beyond that he was alone, cold in a wasteland of rock and blankess while his light gleened upon it, taking and taking the love and warmth he rightfully deserved.

It was silent for eons, his mind starting to play tricks on him, trying to call out among the void but he never answered. Tucked within the darkness like a dying moth yearning for the sun.
One day, he broke.
Sobs pouring from him like waterfalls his gigantic form shaking the sphere within his cradle, loud howls of pure desperation pouring from his throat, he was so very tired of being alone. wishing for anyone, anything to gift him their voice.

Unbeknown to Alioth, he'd been heard, that light had coiled around itself upon hearing the cries and a loud purring cry of hopeful comfort swirled around the earth to grace Alioth like a firelight. He wasn't alone.

Calling back to the being, louder and desperate and his cals had been returned, Alioth for the first time in many years felt happiness grow in him. His rock starting to gleam from the tight hold he had on it, eyes sparked with relief.
He would call out to his new friend for hours upon hours, just letting out loud chirps and calls to be returned in a melody by the other.
He wanted to meet them, his light.

Alioth watched the Earth gain all the warmth of the light and now his friend before he grew angry. Angry at the large rock of nothing between them and angry at the blank nothingness surrounding him, the cold tearing into his bones like rabid wolves.
His howl echoed the galaxy as he spread his wings and took flight towards the large sphere, rage coursing his veins and tearing into his soul with the sharpness of a knife.

He torn apart those that stood in his way, not caring a bit, they deserved it in his eyes, stealing the warmth for only themselves, and now his friend. His cried out, a sharp ringing sound that caused the being of light to uncurl from their star. answering with a howl back before feeling the balance shift. Wings flicking out the dragon shot from his star towards Earth. Wondering why the voice was I’m on the planet. He called out for the other. searching before realizing it was too late.

Alioth turned towards the being of light, and a low cooing sould rose from his throat, claws dripping red and feathers stained. his eyes wide as he took in the other, his soul signing loud and happily for once, head bowing as he took a step forward.
The albino stepped back, looking upon the scene with horror, before looking at the other, who watched him heartbroken, a look of shattered hope dancing in their eyes and he just cooed a soft sad melody. Looking around and flicking his wings.

The dragons didn’t understand why they'd been gone so soon, why the gods had decided to take it out on them but Zerith understood. Realizing that none of this would have happened if the 'Great One' hadn't neglected his creations.
Zerith just stood for a moment taking in everything before looking back at the moon, his wings shuddered before opening, clawed paws reaching for the softly glowing and dripping Coatl who almost tripped over his own paws racing over to the sun.

976CGht.png
z75WTQA.png Mortum
» He/They
» Nanananana Batman!
» Digital Artist/Amature Coder
» Considering commissioning art from me? Click here! or here!
Here it is! A snippet of draft from my book that I thought I should make, because it fits, at least a little.

"You aren't dead."

I couldn't see him, but as if I was dreaming, I knew him. He was brown with sharp black patterns all over. Tall. Strong.

"I thought I was dead. They didn't do it to me after all? Was this all a dream?"

"No."

Slowly I began to see the world around me. I was so confused. My stomach was in a plastic drawer against the wall. All my other organs were there, and I assumed that they took my feathers and bones and everything else into a different room. All that was left on the table was a few bloodstains. A teenage human was staring out into space in the corner of the room with a stricken look on his face. The brown griffyn had an air of shadow around him.

"So how am I not dead? They obviously took me apart."

"I spared you. But if I do it any more this century, the universe will waver too far and we'll plunge farther into chaos."

"Then what am I? How can I be in pieces and not dead? AM I a ghost?"

"What are you? You are my child. You are you. You are a deity griffyn."

"What does that mean?"

The room faded back into darkness.

"When the two Carriers of a dimension have offspring, only one of the offspring will be a true Carrier. They hold the fate of that dimension in their hands. They will either rescue that dimension from peril, or if they perish, the dimension goes with them. You are the last Carrier."

I struggled to respond. If he wasn't telling a wild fantasy- but my life is a wild fantasy- I was supposed to save the Griffyns from cultural annihilation- If he had let me die, then Griffyns would vanish forever. Wait- he's my father? I could remember the euphoria Ruta had felt when she met her parents. We'd lived our entire lives as humans without parents. But did I really want him as my dad? He seemed super serious and not fun at all. But did I a fully know him to be like this? I'd only just met him...

"Don't die. If you die, then I will slay you," He said. He looked up. "I can't stay here any longer. You are being revived, and use your life well."

So he actually does have a sense of humor.

I faded into heightened alertness, but it was still dark. I felt every detail as a machine somewhat close to a 3D printer brought me back to life. It tickled as it reproduced some of my internal organs. It was somehow intriguing, first feeling, then watching, as the machine tentacles reached inside my eye sockets to fabricate my visual sense.

This went on for hours, until they finally gave me blood, bringing me fully back from the precipice of death. A few minutes after, they sedated me and I woke up in a small metal room with glass one one side for the researchers to view me. Another voice spoke in my head.

"So I finally got through to you," the voice said.

"And you are?" I asked.

"Your mother."

"..."

The voice chuckled. "You are so much like your sister. Situation and all."

"I have siblings? Is she okay? Is she okay with this kind of situation?"

"She's been forced into human form. Not by sacrifice this time, thankfully, but she's not as comfortable with it as you are. At least her research facility is much more relaxed than STARRO is."

"I feel useless for not being able to help her. But I'm stuck here."

"You are not stuck here. You have powers that you cannot fathom. You just have to learn to use them." And with that, my mother's presence disappeared.

A few nights later, a computer monitor near my containment unit at the time read:

>__A-R-E__Y-O-U__T-H-E-R-E__

And somehow, I replied.

>__Y-E-S__
Here it is! A snippet of draft from my book that I thought I should make, because it fits, at least a little.

"You aren't dead."

I couldn't see him, but as if I was dreaming, I knew him. He was brown with sharp black patterns all over. Tall. Strong.

"I thought I was dead. They didn't do it to me after all? Was this all a dream?"

"No."

Slowly I began to see the world around me. I was so confused. My stomach was in a plastic drawer against the wall. All my other organs were there, and I assumed that they took my feathers and bones and everything else into a different room. All that was left on the table was a few bloodstains. A teenage human was staring out into space in the corner of the room with a stricken look on his face. The brown griffyn had an air of shadow around him.

"So how am I not dead? They obviously took me apart."

"I spared you. But if I do it any more this century, the universe will waver too far and we'll plunge farther into chaos."

"Then what am I? How can I be in pieces and not dead? AM I a ghost?"

"What are you? You are my child. You are you. You are a deity griffyn."

"What does that mean?"

The room faded back into darkness.

"When the two Carriers of a dimension have offspring, only one of the offspring will be a true Carrier. They hold the fate of that dimension in their hands. They will either rescue that dimension from peril, or if they perish, the dimension goes with them. You are the last Carrier."

I struggled to respond. If he wasn't telling a wild fantasy- but my life is a wild fantasy- I was supposed to save the Griffyns from cultural annihilation- If he had let me die, then Griffyns would vanish forever. Wait- he's my father? I could remember the euphoria Ruta had felt when she met her parents. We'd lived our entire lives as humans without parents. But did I really want him as my dad? He seemed super serious and not fun at all. But did I a fully know him to be like this? I'd only just met him...

"Don't die. If you die, then I will slay you," He said. He looked up. "I can't stay here any longer. You are being revived, and use your life well."

So he actually does have a sense of humor.

I faded into heightened alertness, but it was still dark. I felt every detail as a machine somewhat close to a 3D printer brought me back to life. It tickled as it reproduced some of my internal organs. It was somehow intriguing, first feeling, then watching, as the machine tentacles reached inside my eye sockets to fabricate my visual sense.

This went on for hours, until they finally gave me blood, bringing me fully back from the precipice of death. A few minutes after, they sedated me and I woke up in a small metal room with glass one one side for the researchers to view me. Another voice spoke in my head.

"So I finally got through to you," the voice said.

"And you are?" I asked.

"Your mother."

"..."

The voice chuckled. "You are so much like your sister. Situation and all."

"I have siblings? Is she okay? Is she okay with this kind of situation?"

"She's been forced into human form. Not by sacrifice this time, thankfully, but she's not as comfortable with it as you are. At least her research facility is much more relaxed than STARRO is."

"I feel useless for not being able to help her. But I'm stuck here."

"You are not stuck here. You have powers that you cannot fathom. You just have to learn to use them." And with that, my mother's presence disappeared.

A few nights later, a computer monitor near my containment unit at the time read:

>__A-R-E__Y-O-U__T-H-E-R-E__

And somehow, I replied.

>__Y-E-S__
>Carvaiine (They/them)
>Signature is a mess, will maybe fix someday
>if I forgot about your commission, please just poke me. I get distracted easily.
@Everburn A purely dialogue based writing, something I don’t see often. Enjoyable in that it leaves a lot open to interpretation and lets you make most of the story yourself, while still guiding you in the right direction.

@Farryx It took me time and a few reads to understand what was happening, but once I did, it was quite interesting. The wife (who’s mental state I will not address) is going through her own memory of first arriving in the house with her husband over and over, not willing to accept that her husband is - presumably - dead before her. At least, I believe that’s what the story is. Still, interesting.

@nuttysaladtree Nikki and Izzy seem like great friends, which comes across well throughout the story. It feels like a scene plucked straight out of someone’s life, and lends itself well to multiple reads. The hint at Izzy’s not-great relationship with her parents and how that affects her own self-esteem is clear but not the focus, and all together the story is nice.

@Zikta I was not expecting something that dark! However, the poem evokes the feeling of ‘dark, twisted love’ exceedingly well, and kept my eyes gripped to the screen despite the gruesome imagery. For such a loose fill, it really does its job.

@Fennecfox21 Although this story doesn’t tell you explicitly what is happening, it leaves you with a bittersweet feeling, and gives a sad note to itself, and towards what seems to have happened to the narrator.

@Snoow Maybe gay eldritch gods? Brilliant. For what was presumably a very quickly done story, it was also very well done with only one mistake that I could spot. Said mistake was easy to gloss over once I knew it was there but still briefly knocked me out of the rhythm of the story. Very good, and the dragons themselves are beautiful.

@Carvaiine Interesting concept, and the sprinklings of world-building were nice, but to be blunt, it is very clearly a draft/snippet of story. It feels like a scene taken from something else, which is to be expected, but struggles to stand on its own. A single easy to miss grammar error beyond that, but nothing too major. I hope that you enjoy writing the full story!

Zikta wins first place, and second place goes to Fennecfox21. Aside from that, thank you to everyone who filled the prompt. I enjoyed reading the stories (and poem) over the time available!
@Everburn A purely dialogue based writing, something I don’t see often. Enjoyable in that it leaves a lot open to interpretation and lets you make most of the story yourself, while still guiding you in the right direction.

@Farryx It took me time and a few reads to understand what was happening, but once I did, it was quite interesting. The wife (who’s mental state I will not address) is going through her own memory of first arriving in the house with her husband over and over, not willing to accept that her husband is - presumably - dead before her. At least, I believe that’s what the story is. Still, interesting.

@nuttysaladtree Nikki and Izzy seem like great friends, which comes across well throughout the story. It feels like a scene plucked straight out of someone’s life, and lends itself well to multiple reads. The hint at Izzy’s not-great relationship with her parents and how that affects her own self-esteem is clear but not the focus, and all together the story is nice.

@Zikta I was not expecting something that dark! However, the poem evokes the feeling of ‘dark, twisted love’ exceedingly well, and kept my eyes gripped to the screen despite the gruesome imagery. For such a loose fill, it really does its job.

@Fennecfox21 Although this story doesn’t tell you explicitly what is happening, it leaves you with a bittersweet feeling, and gives a sad note to itself, and towards what seems to have happened to the narrator.

@Snoow Maybe gay eldritch gods? Brilliant. For what was presumably a very quickly done story, it was also very well done with only one mistake that I could spot. Said mistake was easy to gloss over once I knew it was there but still briefly knocked me out of the rhythm of the story. Very good, and the dragons themselves are beautiful.

@Carvaiine Interesting concept, and the sprinklings of world-building were nice, but to be blunt, it is very clearly a draft/snippet of story. It feels like a scene taken from something else, which is to be expected, but struggles to stand on its own. A single easy to miss grammar error beyond that, but nothing too major. I hope that you enjoy writing the full story!

Zikta wins first place, and second place goes to Fennecfox21. Aside from that, thank you to everyone who filled the prompt. I enjoyed reading the stories (and poem) over the time available!
@catmeow1 Oh my, I didn't expect to win! Thank you so much, it's an honor ^^ I don't have much experience with writing poetry so I'm especially glad that you liked it :D

Next prompt: There's no one.

Deadline: May 28th, 18:30 FR time

Can't wait to see what y'all come up with, have fun!

--Pinglist snipped--
@catmeow1 Oh my, I didn't expect to win! Thank you so much, it's an honor ^^ I don't have much experience with writing poetry so I'm especially glad that you liked it :D

Next prompt: There's no one.

Deadline: May 28th, 18:30 FR time

Can't wait to see what y'all come up with, have fun!

--Pinglist snipped--
tddtyguecfcetrsry Excuse me, my cat sat on my keyboard.
@Zikta I wrote something, it's kinda creepy I guess, but more mysterious. I don't know if this is what you expected from the prompts, but enjoy it either way :)

There is No One.
There is No Name
There is Nothing.
There is No One.
If there is Me
Then who am I?

All is Not
All is Gone
There is No Body
There is only Nobody
There is only No One
There is only I

Am I?
Or am I Not?
Where is No One?
Where is Nobody?
Where is I?
Who is Nobody?
Who is No One?
Who is I?

What is Name?
You say?
You ask who I is
I say I am I
You say What is Nam
Name is Name
I is I
I is Me
I is No One
I Is Nobody

I is Nothing
@Zikta I wrote something, it's kinda creepy I guess, but more mysterious. I don't know if this is what you expected from the prompts, but enjoy it either way :)

There is No One.
There is No Name
There is Nothing.
There is No One.
If there is Me
Then who am I?

All is Not
All is Gone
There is No Body
There is only Nobody
There is only No One
There is only I

Am I?
Or am I Not?
Where is No One?
Where is Nobody?
Where is I?
Who is Nobody?
Who is No One?
Who is I?

What is Name?
You say?
You ask who I is
I say I am I
You say What is Nam
Name is Name
I is I
I is Me
I is No One
I Is Nobody

I is Nothing
y6Tz96p.pngFObX7rS.pngy6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
@Zikta
A fifteen minute free write for you. Guaranteed to be worth at least double what you paid for it.

I’m not sure who I’m writing this for. But writing is what I do. If I were a composer I suppose I’d write a Solitary Concerto. If I were a painter I’d produce a series of canvases -- still lifes, of course. That could be a joke, but like they used to say, it stops being funny when it starts being you.

There’s no one. No people. No animals. Just me.

I’ve walked the entire town. I’ve checked every building. I’ve shouted myself hoarse with my own echoes as the only reply.

The houses and buildings all look like everyone just dropped whatever they were doing and left as a group. Plates of food left on tables. A bathtub full of water. Cups of tea sit on desks. Someone cooked that meal and someone made that tea. Where are they?

The silence is palpable. It has weight and mass that grows greater by the day. Mystery Reader, did you know that if it’s quiet enough, you can hear your own heartbeat? Who knew humans were such a noisy bunch?

I once craved solitude. Periodically, I’d tell my friends I was going into “hermit mode” and was only available if someone was broken, burning or bleeding. I’d love for Kelly or Cyndi to show up to talk about nothing. I wouldn’t even complain about Devon’s crappy taste in music.

I went to the mall yesterday and sat with a few mannequins. It was at least the illusion of company. I envied them not knowing about all this. Lucky inanimate objects.

I guess I’ll hit the road tomorrow. Walk to the next town. Maybe someone is there. I’ll go insane if I stay here.

Which will come first -- me finding someone else or madness finding me?

@Zikta
A fifteen minute free write for you. Guaranteed to be worth at least double what you paid for it.

I’m not sure who I’m writing this for. But writing is what I do. If I were a composer I suppose I’d write a Solitary Concerto. If I were a painter I’d produce a series of canvases -- still lifes, of course. That could be a joke, but like they used to say, it stops being funny when it starts being you.

There’s no one. No people. No animals. Just me.

I’ve walked the entire town. I’ve checked every building. I’ve shouted myself hoarse with my own echoes as the only reply.

The houses and buildings all look like everyone just dropped whatever they were doing and left as a group. Plates of food left on tables. A bathtub full of water. Cups of tea sit on desks. Someone cooked that meal and someone made that tea. Where are they?

The silence is palpable. It has weight and mass that grows greater by the day. Mystery Reader, did you know that if it’s quiet enough, you can hear your own heartbeat? Who knew humans were such a noisy bunch?

I once craved solitude. Periodically, I’d tell my friends I was going into “hermit mode” and was only available if someone was broken, burning or bleeding. I’d love for Kelly or Cyndi to show up to talk about nothing. I wouldn’t even complain about Devon’s crappy taste in music.

I went to the mall yesterday and sat with a few mannequins. It was at least the illusion of company. I envied them not knowing about all this. Lucky inanimate objects.

I guess I’ll hit the road tomorrow. Walk to the next town. Maybe someone is there. I’ll go insane if I stay here.

Which will come first -- me finding someone else or madness finding me?

Yes, my name is strangely spelled.
~~~~~~~~~~

I am not a hoarder. I am, in fact, the caretaker of an exquisitely curated collection of Level 25 Dragons. Yes, there is so a difference.
@Zikta I took advantage of the fact that 'There's no one.' could be either 'There is no one.' or 'There was no one.' Hope you enjoy! (I also wrote this at 1am and didn't edit it, so, fair warning.)
The tavern is loud and rowdy, the atmosphere of comradery infectious, sailors and miners and travelers alike drunkenly belting out songs left and right. The bar is full and nearly has a queue of its own, invisible aside from the patrons’ occasional swift glances before jumping right back into whatever surely engaging conversation they were yelling about.

The barkeep (That would be me.) wipes a glass carefully, ready to be filled again when another soul joins the warm, pulsing life of the party. Outside is cold and desolate, but inside has a hearth and invites all the weary with the glowing beacons of wide windows, calling out to those looking for a place to stay the night in the inn above.

This place is my pride and joy, and the cobble walls are my own work. I remember fondly the day my first customer walked through the old front door. I remember the way this place grew from business to home in so many years. But the care and my youth that I put into this place was well worth it, because now my tavern is known as a temporary family, always welcoming each of its members back with open arms, and giving a glad farewell to those who leave.

I also remember the day I found this place, just a rickety old shack barely standing the test of time. The winds howled through the shabby logs of what once had to be a cabin. All other sane people would have left it behind and moved on, but I stuck it through. There’s no one.

I smile to myself as I pour another order. There’s also no one now. But contractions are important, and my inner monologue always seems to forget to use them except for that one phrase. Because although ‘There’s no one.’ was my first thought upon seeing what would eventually become my tavern, it is also technically true now.

There was no one.
@Zikta I took advantage of the fact that 'There's no one.' could be either 'There is no one.' or 'There was no one.' Hope you enjoy! (I also wrote this at 1am and didn't edit it, so, fair warning.)
The tavern is loud and rowdy, the atmosphere of comradery infectious, sailors and miners and travelers alike drunkenly belting out songs left and right. The bar is full and nearly has a queue of its own, invisible aside from the patrons’ occasional swift glances before jumping right back into whatever surely engaging conversation they were yelling about.

The barkeep (That would be me.) wipes a glass carefully, ready to be filled again when another soul joins the warm, pulsing life of the party. Outside is cold and desolate, but inside has a hearth and invites all the weary with the glowing beacons of wide windows, calling out to those looking for a place to stay the night in the inn above.

This place is my pride and joy, and the cobble walls are my own work. I remember fondly the day my first customer walked through the old front door. I remember the way this place grew from business to home in so many years. But the care and my youth that I put into this place was well worth it, because now my tavern is known as a temporary family, always welcoming each of its members back with open arms, and giving a glad farewell to those who leave.

I also remember the day I found this place, just a rickety old shack barely standing the test of time. The winds howled through the shabby logs of what once had to be a cabin. All other sane people would have left it behind and moved on, but I stuck it through. There’s no one.

I smile to myself as I pour another order. There’s also no one now. But contractions are important, and my inner monologue always seems to forget to use them except for that one phrase. Because although ‘There’s no one.’ was my first thought upon seeing what would eventually become my tavern, it is also technically true now.

There was no one.
Hey there! Would it count if I used a type of poetry that disnt use my own words but was placed in an order done by me? I dont know the name so here goes my explanation of it:

You take a bunch of song lyrics from different songs (genre doesn't matter as long as there are words) and create a poem out of them. You can choose the order the lyrics go in but can't use lyrics from the same,song or repeat any lines. You also can't rearrange the lyric. For example the line from Imagine Dragons' Demons "It's where my demons hide" must stay as "It's where my demons hide"

I hope the explainaition makes sense. Also, if anyone knows the type of,poetry this is called, please let me,k,iw because I habe stumped google trying to find it lol.
Hey there! Would it count if I used a type of poetry that disnt use my own words but was placed in an order done by me? I dont know the name so here goes my explanation of it:

You take a bunch of song lyrics from different songs (genre doesn't matter as long as there are words) and create a poem out of them. You can choose the order the lyrics go in but can't use lyrics from the same,song or repeat any lines. You also can't rearrange the lyric. For example the line from Imagine Dragons' Demons "It's where my demons hide" must stay as "It's where my demons hide"

I hope the explainaition makes sense. Also, if anyone knows the type of,poetry this is called, please let me,k,iw because I habe stumped google trying to find it lol.
Eyeballs2.png
@Farryx Sounds interesting. I'm sure this will be fine, as far as I'm concerned.
@Farryx Sounds interesting. I'm sure this will be fine, as far as I'm concerned.
tddtyguecfcetrsry Excuse me, my cat sat on my keyboard.
1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 91 92