Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Write Away
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 91 92
@Auraelia

Okay this isn't that good, and I'm kind of self conscious about how upsetting it turned out, but here you go.

I slowly jogged down the shore, feet slapping against the moist sand. The sunset painted the sky in a bright array of dizzying, tie-dye like colors that almost demanded my attention. The slow, gentle pace of my music painted similar sheets of colors behind my eyes, creating a great replica of the visage before me. The entire scene was calming but I kept running, pushing myself harder every time I faltered. I needed to get stronger, faster, and I didn't have enough time for it.

As my breathing came short and my lungs cried desperately for air, I finally stopped. My legs felt weak beneath me and the perspiration coating my brow felt cold against my overheating body. I closed my eyes and tried to steady my breathing, body crying and aching. I had purposely chosen the beach to run because I knew it would be more of a challenge, but I didn't know I was so weak. I'm always weak, a dim, fading dwarf star compared to their bright, growing, blinding suns.

My body doesn't move like I will it to anymore. So I keep running. I get up again when I fall, slowly push myself away from the rocks and sand on the ground, reminding myself that there's no one here to pick me up when I fall anymore. The bright colors of the sky once again catch my eyes but I keep running; beauty is only a distraction from my goals and I need no more distraction.

My foot struck something hard. I decided not to look down.

After a while, the vibrant colors that dyed the sky fell away into darkness, leaving an infinitely dark blue sky with tiny pinpricks of light. The moon shone above me, and I looked backwards to see a trail of blood. I've been bleeding for a long time, really.

They say stars die all the time in bright explosions of light, but we just don't see them because it will take years and years for the light of their death to reach Earth. And some stars just gradually fade away into nothing, forgotten by the universe.

They say some people run because they like the feeling of their feet striking the hard ground, legs flying and wind slapping their faces. Some people run because they adore the feeling of endorphins flooding through their body when they reach that crucial moment, when they push their bodies farther and faster than ever before. Some people run merely to escape, running away from everything that tethers them to this world, and not looking back.

I trip once again, this time falling down. My face, jaw and forehead and everything in between, hits the ground hard. I feel defeated, but I can't stop. I try to get up again, but this time I can't, and there's no one to help me up. There never is anymore.

As I lay on my back and stare up at the sky, my heart constricts. My muscles ache and throb, though there's not much I can do to prevent it The constricting feels different though, almost like someone is pulling my heart in on itself instead of forcing it in from the outside. As I stare at the sky, one of the stars grows dimmer. It's almost imperceptible but I know it happened. My mind immediately flickered from the dark, crisp night air and sky to a memory, cold and warm and harsh and sweet and never ending.

My mother was cold as ice. She was strong and resilient like a glacier, but eventually all the heat melted her. She's gone now, and she's not gonna return.

My dad was as hot as fire. He burned and blazed and never stopped, until all of his fuel was used and he had nothing to do but slowly die and he's not returning either.

No one is left for me.

Every time a star dies, someone in the world notices. No one will notice when I'm gone.

Maybe it's for the better.
@Auraelia

Okay this isn't that good, and I'm kind of self conscious about how upsetting it turned out, but here you go.

I slowly jogged down the shore, feet slapping against the moist sand. The sunset painted the sky in a bright array of dizzying, tie-dye like colors that almost demanded my attention. The slow, gentle pace of my music painted similar sheets of colors behind my eyes, creating a great replica of the visage before me. The entire scene was calming but I kept running, pushing myself harder every time I faltered. I needed to get stronger, faster, and I didn't have enough time for it.

As my breathing came short and my lungs cried desperately for air, I finally stopped. My legs felt weak beneath me and the perspiration coating my brow felt cold against my overheating body. I closed my eyes and tried to steady my breathing, body crying and aching. I had purposely chosen the beach to run because I knew it would be more of a challenge, but I didn't know I was so weak. I'm always weak, a dim, fading dwarf star compared to their bright, growing, blinding suns.

My body doesn't move like I will it to anymore. So I keep running. I get up again when I fall, slowly push myself away from the rocks and sand on the ground, reminding myself that there's no one here to pick me up when I fall anymore. The bright colors of the sky once again catch my eyes but I keep running; beauty is only a distraction from my goals and I need no more distraction.

My foot struck something hard. I decided not to look down.

After a while, the vibrant colors that dyed the sky fell away into darkness, leaving an infinitely dark blue sky with tiny pinpricks of light. The moon shone above me, and I looked backwards to see a trail of blood. I've been bleeding for a long time, really.

They say stars die all the time in bright explosions of light, but we just don't see them because it will take years and years for the light of their death to reach Earth. And some stars just gradually fade away into nothing, forgotten by the universe.

They say some people run because they like the feeling of their feet striking the hard ground, legs flying and wind slapping their faces. Some people run because they adore the feeling of endorphins flooding through their body when they reach that crucial moment, when they push their bodies farther and faster than ever before. Some people run merely to escape, running away from everything that tethers them to this world, and not looking back.

I trip once again, this time falling down. My face, jaw and forehead and everything in between, hits the ground hard. I feel defeated, but I can't stop. I try to get up again, but this time I can't, and there's no one to help me up. There never is anymore.

As I lay on my back and stare up at the sky, my heart constricts. My muscles ache and throb, though there's not much I can do to prevent it The constricting feels different though, almost like someone is pulling my heart in on itself instead of forcing it in from the outside. As I stare at the sky, one of the stars grows dimmer. It's almost imperceptible but I know it happened. My mind immediately flickered from the dark, crisp night air and sky to a memory, cold and warm and harsh and sweet and never ending.

My mother was cold as ice. She was strong and resilient like a glacier, but eventually all the heat melted her. She's gone now, and she's not gonna return.

My dad was as hot as fire. He burned and blazed and never stopped, until all of his fuel was used and he had nothing to do but slowly die and he's not returning either.

No one is left for me.

Every time a star dies, someone in the world notices. No one will notice when I'm gone.

Maybe it's for the better.
tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png hi, i'm may! nice to meet you. feel free to send a PM if you'd like to say hi! WKtl2lb.png
WQA384m.png
ZbNAjCO.png
^ bump!
^ bump!
bRPrhwa.giftumblr_na90ypEFLf1sif4cro5_500.gif
@Auraelia
As feathery clouds fill the sky,
As the sun begins to set...
As the stars yearn to shine and cry,
There is no reason to fret.

For as one celestial body starts to move away,
Another begins to show.
As the colors of the sky begin to fray,
The skyline tapestry giving a night glow.
@Auraelia
As feathery clouds fill the sky,
As the sun begins to set...
As the stars yearn to shine and cry,
There is no reason to fret.

For as one celestial body starts to move away,
Another begins to show.
As the colors of the sky begin to fray,
The skyline tapestry giving a night glow.
CedVBCC.png
0AniMUO.gif

Good characters are like geodes: To see their true beauty, you must break them.

-Let me write you a poem, maybe?-

q1INfTU.gif
you are all fantastic,
if you see this have a very lovely day
@septarianflare
I love how you incorporated rhyming into your poem, and it has a beautiful use of language, too! The image that it paints in my mind matches the prompt perfectly!

@Lightshadow101
That was an amazing entry!.. And I love reading sad, depressed-theme things anyways, so don't worry if it turned out upsetting. The ideas discussed in your short story are common to see in today's society, so I could sympathize with the main character. You used a stunning amount of descriptions, weaving an alluring tale of sadness. Through the short lengthed story, you developed the main character so well, and the ending really summed the story up well.

Winner: Lightshadow101
Runner-Up: septarianflare
@septarianflare
I love how you incorporated rhyming into your poem, and it has a beautiful use of language, too! The image that it paints in my mind matches the prompt perfectly!

@Lightshadow101
That was an amazing entry!.. And I love reading sad, depressed-theme things anyways, so don't worry if it turned out upsetting. The ideas discussed in your short story are common to see in today's society, so I could sympathize with the main character. You used a stunning amount of descriptions, weaving an alluring tale of sadness. Through the short lengthed story, you developed the main character so well, and the ending really summed the story up well.

Winner: Lightshadow101
Runner-Up: septarianflare
bRPrhwa.giftumblr_na90ypEFLf1sif4cro5_500.gif
@Auraelia Aww thanks so much??? [size=1]@TidalMoonrise @Mypilot @PixieKnight3264 @Karika @SamIamLuvDov @humanityxpeople @coyearth @Avanari @demonslayr62 @Endernil @Arithelia @Sillywinter @inthestars @Annalynn @meddlesomedragon @SocialBookWorm @SolusPrime379 @Kattata @Reiyn @Skyeset @lessthan3 @AwkwardAngel @Draxia @Toxical @0Musicheart0 @Aphelium @SecondUNIT @AloneTogether @CelestialNarwhal @Kapara @Slayborn @pharmakraken @Elroth @After @Moonwater @ArrowsFlight [/size] Sorry if I pinged anyone wrong. Okay umm the new prompt is gonna be a picture prompt here you go: [img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/17/ef/a6/17efa68adbfef7d7cf76f610213ba410--story-starters-doodle.jpg[/img] Deadline: November 27th, 16:00
@Auraelia

Aww thanks so much???

@TidalMoonrise @Mypilot @PixieKnight3264 @Karika @SamIamLuvDov @humanityxpeople @coyearth @Avanari @demonslayr62 @Endernil @Arithelia @Sillywinter @inthestars @Annalynn @meddlesomedragon @SocialBookWorm @SolusPrime379 @Kattata @Reiyn @Skyeset @lessthan3 @AwkwardAngel @Draxia @Toxical @0Musicheart0 @Aphelium @SecondUNIT @AloneTogether @CelestialNarwhal @Kapara @Slayborn @pharmakraken @Elroth @After @Moonwater @ArrowsFlight

Sorry if I pinged anyone wrong. Okay umm the new prompt is gonna be a picture prompt here you go:

17efa68adbfef7d7cf76f610213ba410--story-starters-doodle.jpg

Deadline: November 27th, 16:00

tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png hi, i'm may! nice to meet you. feel free to send a PM if you'd like to say hi! WKtl2lb.png
WQA384m.png
ZbNAjCO.png
This prompt looks cool after all this time i jisy saw this thread, wow!
This prompt looks cool after all this time i jisy saw this thread, wow!
Since no one responded I'm seriously extending the deadline, NaNoWriMo probably does this to people.
Since no one responded I'm seriously extending the deadline, NaNoWriMo probably does this to people.
WQA384m.png
ZbNAjCO.png
Hmmm, interesting prompt. I don’t think I’ll write a story around it though.
Hmmm, interesting prompt. I don’t think I’ll write a story around it though.
0gldo0m.png
not going to write anything for this one, as nobody else seems to be writing. hopefully after nanowrimo is over this thread will go back to normal
not going to write anything for this one, as nobody else seems to be writing. hopefully after nanowrimo is over this thread will go back to normal
(I totally forgot about this. Will keep up when the enxt prompt arrives)
(I totally forgot about this. Will keep up when the enxt prompt arrives)
2e8yyk_by_theelfdruid-dchl0pk.gift03oxll_by_theelfdruid-dchl10y.jpg2e8z55_by_theelfdruid-dchl0ph.gif
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 91 92