Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 185 186 187 188 189 ... 240 241
@LuminusPrime
Not everybody knows to look at her bio though ^^'
@LuminusPrime
Not everybody knows to look at her bio though ^^'
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
[center][item=lightning runestone] (Avatar the Last Airbender is out on netflix MY LIFE IS COMPLETE) [font=comic sans][color=#50B9BA][size=6][u]Lightning Edition![/u][/size][/color][/font] [b]Day 136:[/b] Jade wound her way through the woods, making sure she never lost sight of Dusk's bright glow. The skydancer was bounding ahead, barely able to contain her excitement. Only a few dragons had left the clearing to go with her because there were too many of them for everyone to accompany the friendly dragoness. With the assurance that the snake monster would not return and a reminder that it could be repelled with light, August and Opal agreed to stay behind and watch over their nest (though Opal and Dusk had seemed to really hit it off). Seraphim, Fletcher and Sierra had agreed to stay as well, so it was mostly the dragonets, and Myu, who had decided to tag along. Fable was making contented clicking noises to himself, fluttering his pale blue wings from time to time to skip over the ground, keeping pace with Jade. Even Lunaria had gone with them, quietly sticking near the edge of the group. Myu trailed after her, keeping a close watch on them all. Fog was left near the end of the group, her gaze blank as she stared at nothing in particular, as if she were calculating something in her head. [b]"Come on, we're almost there!"[/b] Dusk called, her head appearing from the side of a tree trunk. [b]"There's gonna be something [i]really cool[/i] I have to show you. It usually, like, never shows up! But lately the ratings have been off the charts. I'm [i]sure[/i] it's gonna appear today!"[/b] [b]"What's going to appear today?"[/b] Jade asked. [b]"It's not even day yet."[/b] True, the Enchanted Moon had disappeared soon after Lunaria had shown up, but it was still night. The moonlight was paling, getting ready for the sun to rise, but there was still no daylight. Still, Dusk grinned to herself and marched onward. [b]"You'll see."[/b] She teased, her tufted tail vanishing ahead of them. Jade chuckled to herself and continued walking, careful to make sure nobody was straying apart from the group. The atmosphere soon changed, the trees gradually lessening as they continued swiftly through the forest. A faint smell of brine filled the air, carried by the breeze. The air was a bit more humid as well, suggesting that a large body of water was nearby. Jade turned a last bend, coming into view of a petite little thrown-together shack standing on the coastline of an immense, glittering ocean. Dusk was standing in front of a worn down door, waving excitedly at them and motioning for the dragons to come inside. Jade smiled to herself and obediently obliged, the rest of the dragons quickly following her. The second the spiral stepped into the little hut she was overcome with the sounds of humming gadgets, whirring machines and the sound of crinkling paper as Dusk waded through her mess of a house and snatched something up from a short stone table that appeared to be on fire. A few moments later a delicious scent met Jade's nostrils; the smell of insects and squirrel meat roasted and seasoned to perfection. Myu could smell it too and almost started drooling all over Dusk's precious papers. The skydancer beamed at them, holding out some kabobs, a mix of grilled fireflies and chunks of red squirrel. [b]"Do you want some?"[/b] She asked enthusiastically, holding them out. [b]"Quite a delicacy in the Shifting Expanse, especially this time of year. I already had my fill, and I don't eat meat, so you can have as many as you want."[/b] She was still beaming as she passed them out to everyone. [b]"It's so much fun to share."[/b] The skydancer added, almost dreamily. Jade bit into her kabob, a sharp, wonderful flavor immediately exploding to life in her mouth. [b]"Do you like it?"[/b] Dusk asked enthusiastically, seeing the looks on all their faces. Myu had scarfed down his in the blink of an eye, smacking his lips happily. Fable was in the process of devouring his own, nearly biting the stick in half in his excitement. Lunaria was picking away the insects and only choosing to eat the meat, but even she looked pleased. Fog was merely staring at her own, as if confused with what she had to do with it. [b]"Don't mind her."[/b] Jade said hurriedly, spotting the look on Dusk's face. [b]"She usually doesn't eat anything."[/b] Dusk's bemused look instantly changed, sliding back into her usual grin. [b]"Okay then!"[/b] She said cheerfully. [b]"Come over here though, you need to see something."[/b] Jade quickly finished her kabob and cast the remaining stick aside, following Dusk to the table she was crouched next to. Large, towering machines that hummed and clicked and cast a faint blue light against the walls stood on either side of the colorful skydancer, letting out an ominous crackling noise from time to time. [b]"So, we're here, right?"[/b] Dusk clarified, jabbing a claw at a printed map of Sornieth spread before her. Her claw was pointing at a small matchbox placed near the border of the Windswept Plateau and Sea of a Thousand Currents, hovering somewhat near the Reedcleft Ascent. There were also frantic red paint lines all over the rest of the map, tracing a path from the Shifting Expanse to the Viridian Labyrinth, several different paths feverishly crossed out with black charcoal. [b]"And here's where we can find it."[/b] The skydancer added, tapping a spot near the corner of the ocean circled multiple times with crimson paint. [b]"I programmed these bad boys to pick up on it's unusual level of lightning magic, so they'll start beeping like crazy when it's near."[/b] She added, rapping her knuckles approvingly against one of the looming machines flanking her. [b]"I'm guessing it's going to show up at around dawn."[/b] [b]"[i]What[/i] is going to show up at around dawn?"[/b] Jade asked, her curiosity peaked. Dusk grinned at her, but before she could respond, the machines of either side of her began spazzing out, clicking rapidly and sizzling dangerously with large amounts of electric energy. Dusk looked like she might as well have exploded from happiness. Whirling around, the skydancer dove for the door, dragging anyone she could grab along with her. [b]"It's here!"[/b] She cried, bursting with enthusiasm. Jade followed her out of the door, Fable, Lunaria, Myu, and Fog quickly hurrying after them. Dusk led them to the very edge of the ocean, where the grass gave way to sand that trickled in between their claws. The surface on the water was beautiful, like an exquisite blue jewel had been hammered flat and then was just plunked into the middle of their world. But now ripples were starting to emerge from the blue blanket of water. Very very [i]big[/i] ripples, like miniature waves lapping at their feet. Soon a dark shape came into view just below the water, too dark and shifty to place a hold on what it could be. As it drew nearer, it only began more and more enormous, the ripples gradually intensifying. Then a massive black and white head broke the surface of the water, far larger than even the biggest imperial. Long, glistening blue spines followed, sliding out of the water with natural grace. The creature blinked at them with it's large blue eyes, the fading moonlight glinting off of it's scales, glittering with the slick sheen of water. [img]https://image.ibb.co/kcxJM8/SPINEY.png[/img] Jade, cast in the shadow of the magnificent beast, felt her breath being swept away. It was so huge, it's entire body was humming with arcane lightning energy, the runestones embedded into it's powerful fins glowing subtly. It spotted the group of dragons and let out a deep, moaning bellow that sounded like crashing thunder clouds in the distance. Dusk was pretty much smiling her face off, staring up at the majestic whale with eyes the size of tennis balls. The rest of the dragons were speechless as well, staring open-mouthed at the looming leviathan. With another booming, thundering bellow, the whale plunged back beneath the surface of the ocean, it's massive tail casting an entire lake's worth of water into the air as it submerged itself beneath the lapping waves once again. Dusk was still grinning, even as a miniature rainshower rained down upon their heads. [b]"That was [i]so, freaking, AMAZING[/i]!!!"[/b] She hyped, practically shaking from excitement. [b]"Exceptional."[/b] Fog agreed quietly from the back of the group. [b]"Quite rare as well. We were amazingly lucky to have seen it."[/b] Dusk's grin only widened. [b]"It's incredible, isn't it?"[/b] She asked. The skydancer lifted her eyes and gazed out over the ocean, towards the horizon beyond. [b]"It really makes you think about what other unfound wonders could be out there."[/b][/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @L1llysage @RiaFire11 @shirotsubaki6564 @TruthandLies @NovaBorn[/size] No, I don't actually [i]own[/i] a Spiney Whale [s]because I'm broke[/s], but I thought it'd be a fun experience anyway :3 I hope you all had a wonderful Thundercrack Carnival! I really loved it's themed apparel ^w^

(Avatar the Last Airbender is out on netflix MY LIFE IS COMPLETE)

Lightning Edition!

Day 136:
Jade wound her way through the woods, making sure she never lost sight of Dusk's bright glow. The skydancer was bounding ahead, barely able to contain her excitement. Only a few dragons had left the clearing to go with her because there were too many of them for everyone to accompany the friendly dragoness.

With the assurance that the snake monster would not return and a reminder that it could be repelled with light, August and Opal agreed to stay behind and watch over their nest (though Opal and Dusk had seemed to really hit it off). Seraphim, Fletcher and Sierra had agreed to stay as well, so it was mostly the dragonets, and Myu, who had decided to tag along.

Fable was making contented clicking noises to himself, fluttering his pale blue wings from time to time to skip over the ground, keeping pace with Jade. Even Lunaria had gone with them, quietly sticking near the edge of the group. Myu trailed after her, keeping a close watch on them all. Fog was left near the end of the group, her gaze blank as she stared at nothing in particular, as if she were calculating something in her head.

"Come on, we're almost there!" Dusk called, her head appearing from the side of a tree trunk. "There's gonna be something really cool I have to show you. It usually, like, never shows up! But lately the ratings have been off the charts. I'm sure it's gonna appear today!"

"What's going to appear today?" Jade asked. "It's not even day yet." True, the Enchanted Moon had disappeared soon after Lunaria had shown up, but it was still night. The moonlight was paling, getting ready for the sun to rise, but there was still no daylight.

Still, Dusk grinned to herself and marched onward. "You'll see." She teased, her tufted tail vanishing ahead of them. Jade chuckled to herself and continued walking, careful to make sure nobody was straying apart from the group.

The atmosphere soon changed, the trees gradually lessening as they continued swiftly through the forest. A faint smell of brine filled the air, carried by the breeze. The air was a bit more humid as well, suggesting that a large body of water was nearby. Jade turned a last bend, coming into view of a petite little thrown-together shack standing on the coastline of an immense, glittering ocean.

Dusk was standing in front of a worn down door, waving excitedly at them and motioning for the dragons to come inside. Jade smiled to herself and obediently obliged, the rest of the dragons quickly following her.

The second the spiral stepped into the little hut she was overcome with the sounds of humming gadgets, whirring machines and the sound of crinkling paper as Dusk waded through her mess of a house and snatched something up from a short stone table that appeared to be on fire.

A few moments later a delicious scent met Jade's nostrils; the smell of insects and squirrel meat roasted and seasoned to perfection. Myu could smell it too and almost started drooling all over Dusk's precious papers. The skydancer beamed at them, holding out some kabobs, a mix of grilled fireflies and chunks of red squirrel.

"Do you want some?" She asked enthusiastically, holding them out. "Quite a delicacy in the Shifting Expanse, especially this time of year. I already had my fill, and I don't eat meat, so you can have as many as you want." She was still beaming as she passed them out to everyone. "It's so much fun to share." The skydancer added, almost dreamily.

Jade bit into her kabob, a sharp, wonderful flavor immediately exploding to life in her mouth. "Do you like it?" Dusk asked enthusiastically, seeing the looks on all their faces. Myu had scarfed down his in the blink of an eye, smacking his lips happily.

Fable was in the process of devouring his own, nearly biting the stick in half in his excitement. Lunaria was picking away the insects and only choosing to eat the meat, but even she looked pleased. Fog was merely staring at her own, as if confused with what she had to do with it.

"Don't mind her." Jade said hurriedly, spotting the look on Dusk's face. "She usually doesn't eat anything." Dusk's bemused look instantly changed, sliding back into her usual grin. "Okay then!" She said cheerfully. "Come over here though, you need to see something."

Jade quickly finished her kabob and cast the remaining stick aside, following Dusk to the table she was crouched next to. Large, towering machines that hummed and clicked and cast a faint blue light against the walls stood on either side of the colorful skydancer, letting out an ominous crackling noise from time to time.

"So, we're here, right?" Dusk clarified, jabbing a claw at a printed map of Sornieth spread before her. Her claw was pointing at a small matchbox placed near the border of the Windswept Plateau and Sea of a Thousand Currents, hovering somewhat near the Reedcleft Ascent. There were also frantic red paint lines all over the rest of the map, tracing a path from the Shifting Expanse to the Viridian Labyrinth, several different paths feverishly crossed out with black charcoal.

"And here's where we can find it." The skydancer added, tapping a spot near the corner of the ocean circled multiple times with crimson paint. "I programmed these bad boys to pick up on it's unusual level of lightning magic, so they'll start beeping like crazy when it's near." She added, rapping her knuckles approvingly against one of the looming machines flanking her. "I'm guessing it's going to show up at around dawn."

"What is going to show up at around dawn?" Jade asked, her curiosity peaked. Dusk grinned at her, but before she could respond, the machines of either side of her began spazzing out, clicking rapidly and sizzling dangerously with large amounts of electric energy. Dusk looked like she might as well have exploded from happiness. Whirling around, the skydancer dove for the door, dragging anyone she could grab along with her. "It's here!" She cried, bursting with enthusiasm.

Jade followed her out of the door, Fable, Lunaria, Myu, and Fog quickly hurrying after them. Dusk led them to the very edge of the ocean, where the grass gave way to sand that trickled in between their claws. The surface on the water was beautiful, like an exquisite blue jewel had been hammered flat and then was just plunked into the middle of their world.

But now ripples were starting to emerge from the blue blanket of water. Very very big ripples, like miniature waves lapping at their feet. Soon a dark shape came into view just below the water, too dark and shifty to place a hold on what it could be.

As it drew nearer, it only began more and more enormous, the ripples gradually intensifying. Then a massive black and white head broke the surface of the water, far larger than even the biggest imperial. Long, glistening blue spines followed, sliding out of the water with natural grace. The creature blinked at them with it's large blue eyes, the fading moonlight glinting off of it's scales, glittering with the slick sheen of water.
SPINEY.png
Jade, cast in the shadow of the magnificent beast, felt her breath being swept away. It was so huge, it's entire body was humming with arcane lightning energy, the runestones embedded into it's powerful fins glowing subtly. It spotted the group of dragons and let out a deep, moaning bellow that sounded like crashing thunder clouds in the distance.

Dusk was pretty much smiling her face off, staring up at the majestic whale with eyes the size of tennis balls. The rest of the dragons were speechless as well, staring open-mouthed at the looming leviathan. With another booming, thundering bellow, the whale plunged back beneath the surface of the ocean, it's massive tail casting an entire lake's worth of water into the air as it submerged itself beneath the lapping waves once again.

Dusk was still grinning, even as a miniature rainshower rained down upon their heads. "That was so, freaking, AMAZING!!!" She hyped, practically shaking from excitement. "Exceptional." Fog agreed quietly from the back of the group. "Quite rare as well. We were amazingly lucky to have seen it."

Dusk's grin only widened. "It's incredible, isn't it?" She asked. The skydancer lifted her eyes and gazed out over the ocean, towards the horizon beyond. "It really makes you think about what other unfound wonders could be out there."

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @L1llysage @RiaFire11 @shirotsubaki6564 @TruthandLies @NovaBorn
No, I don't actually own a Spiney Whale because I'm broke, but I thought it'd be a fun experience anyway :3

I hope you all had a wonderful Thundercrack Carnival! I really loved it's themed apparel ^w^
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSS
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSS
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png 8IRtN.gif WavAI.gif

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif
Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows| Duskmages: a Subspecies| Art Gallery| Wishlist| Level 25 Cauldron

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
@Aetherstorm
(*fell backwards on my bed*)
This is "so, freaking, AMAZING!!!"
(I also got the festival apparel twice XD)
@Aetherstorm
(*fell backwards on my bed*)
This is "so, freaking, AMAZING!!!"
(I also got the festival apparel twice XD)
Inspirational Quotes of Everyone!:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2463243
"Where there's a quote there's a story."
(inspired by MeraHunt)
@LuminusPrime
I got it three times ;3
@LuminusPrime
I got it three times ;3
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
@Aetherstorm show off!!!
I've got both Voltaic Halo and Voltaic Stormclaws twice
(wait so you got the Voltaic Stormclaws three times?!)
@Aetherstorm show off!!!
I've got both Voltaic Halo and Voltaic Stormclaws twice
(wait so you got the Voltaic Stormclaws three times?!)
(inspired by MeraHunt)
@LuminusPrime
Yeah, and two voltaic halos. IT'S JUST SO FREAKING AWESOME I MEAN LOOK AT IT!!!
@LuminusPrime
Yeah, and two voltaic halos. IT'S JUST SO FREAKING AWESOME I MEAN LOOK AT IT!!!
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
@Aetherstorm AW SHOWOFF!!!
(well you do have a point XP)
@Aetherstorm AW SHOWOFF!!!
(well you do have a point XP)
(inspired by MeraHunt)
OH RIGHT I FORGOT!!!!!!!
MUSIC TIME!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goSYSl1imNA
(LISTEN WHILE READING!!!)
OH RIGHT I FORGOT!!!!!!!
MUSIC TIME!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goSYSl1imNA
(LISTEN WHILE READING!!!)
(inspired by MeraHunt)
Nice...
that needs punctuation oh my god. but still cool.
Nice...
that needs punctuation oh my god. but still cool.
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
1 2 ... 185 186 187 188 189 ... 240 241