Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Draw my Dragon/OC Contest - 4.5k gems+
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
@Wesleydog An entry for the lovely Kempley <3 [img]https://i.imgur.com/HvamjFo.jpg[/img]
@Wesleydog An entry for the lovely Kempley <3

HvamjFo.jpg
BhWDcLm.png
Hey guys! Sorry, I had some drama come up this past weekend! This is closed to new entries and will be judged as soon as possible; thank you for your patience!
Hey guys! Sorry, I had some drama come up this past weekend! This is closed to new entries and will be judged as soon as possible; thank you for your patience!
[center]@CryLikeAWolf @Bynder @johnnytrash @RestInPieces @Speedythecat @Polyhex @CaveJohnson @reinore @pedroinboxfort @CanisChiroptera @VictoryLT @Kyreesha @mauvehouseplant @Kirkeyressa @WildRose42 @Midna42 @thegracefuldeer @Tunfischhai @lotchet @Iskars @SkyJumper @Frye First, I want to apologize for my absence in the past few days! I have been far too busy to judge, but I apologize for not checking in a little earlier to let you know that everything was in motion! Thank you guys so much for entering the contest! We had a total of 22 unique artists enter 29 different pieces, which made it very difficult to judge! In total, you guys unlocked an additional 5 runner up prizes and an additional 1,000 gems added to the top three prizes! Please remember as I post the winners to be a good sport! Remember that prizes were not awarded solely based on skill level, but also based on the amount of effort, the quality of work, the uniqueness of the medium/style, and the accuracy of my character/dragon's personality and design. Do not be rude to myself or the winners if you feel as though you should have been placed higher! After all, the main purpose of this competition was for it to be fun. :) I wanted to honor artists of all skill levels! And finally, if you want to use any of the art you submitted to my contest as examples on your Deviantart, commission page, etc, you are more than welcome to do so. There is no need to ask/verify with me! I hope that providing individual feedback to each of you throughout the contest has helped to convey how much I appreciate your time, talent, and participation in the contest! Thanks so much! :') And without further adieu... I would like to present the first place winner, Kirkeyressa's drawing of Schizoid! [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/31b3/f/2017/226/3/c/ac_kirkeyressa_schizoid_by_wesleydog-dbk1r31.png[/img] @Kirkeyressa I have been obsessed with this song since I first heard it, and Schizoid is the perfect character to incorporate into it. I really appreciate you digging into his personality and making such an awesome piece. The TV screen is a really great effect, and it's just like the Pork Soda video! I love that the piece (mostly the eyes) is a little bit unsettling! The bright, psychedelic colors are great, and all-in-all, I just have a lot of fun looking at it. Thank you so much for entering! The second place prize goes to Tunfischhai's drawing of Melancia! [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/f276/f/2017/270/4/f/ac2_melancia_by_tunfischhai_by_wesleydog-dbopswq.png[/img] @Tunfischhai My absolute favorite thing about this piece is the way that the light from the Solar Blades shines on Melancia's wings. Your highlighting and shading styles make me feel as though I am looking at a photograph, even though it's a picture of a pink and green dragon! I absolutely love the pose, the way you drew the tail and claws, and the inclusion of her deadly mist. You really conveyed her beauty well, and it makes me happy that she was my longest breeding project to this day! Thank you so much for entering! Finally for the main prizes, the third place prize goes to Midna42's drawing of Reed and Birch! [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/eb5c/f/2017/270/7/6/ac2_reed_and_birch_by_midna42_by_wesleydog-dbopsxb.png[/img] @Midna42 For ages I have been seeking a piece of Reed and Birch that accurately conveys their love for one another, and what you gave me was not only that, but a large piece of their history. The idea of including the Crystalpine Reaches and the Starwood Strand into the piece was absolutely brilliant, and I also love the Companion Comet. Reed's eyes look so soft, like she really loves Birch, and I love the way you drew Birch's wolfcape. All in all, I love everything about this piece, and I really appreciate you taking the time to enter! I will be sending these prizes out immediately, and the rest of the runner up prizes will be awarded sometime later today, hopefully early afternoon. I do know the exact placings of everyone else but want to wait until I have time to type up individual comments to each of you; right now, I'm off to class![/center]
@CryLikeAWolf @Bynder @johnnytrash @RestInPieces @Speedythecat @Polyhex @CaveJohnson @reinore @pedroinboxfort @CanisChiroptera @VictoryLT @Kyreesha @mauvehouseplant @Kirkeyressa @WildRose42 @Midna42 @thegracefuldeer @Tunfischhai @lotchet @Iskars @SkyJumper @Frye

First, I want to apologize for my absence in the past few days! I have been far too busy to judge, but I apologize for not checking in a little earlier to let you know that everything was in motion!

Thank you guys so much for entering the contest! We had a total of 22 unique artists enter 29 different pieces, which made it very difficult to judge! In total, you guys unlocked an additional 5 runner up prizes and an additional 1,000 gems added to the top three prizes!

Please remember as I post the winners to be a good sport! Remember that prizes were not awarded solely based on skill level, but also based on the amount of effort, the quality of work, the uniqueness of the medium/style, and the accuracy of my character/dragon's personality and design. Do not be rude to myself or the winners if you feel as though you should have been placed higher! After all, the main purpose of this competition was for it to be fun. :) I wanted to honor artists of all skill levels!

And finally, if you want to use any of the art you submitted to my contest as examples on your Deviantart, commission page, etc, you are more than welcome to do so. There is no need to ask/verify with me! I hope that providing individual feedback to each of you throughout the contest has helped to convey how much I appreciate your time, talent, and participation in the contest! Thanks so much! :')

And without further adieu...

I would like to present the first place winner, Kirkeyressa's drawing of Schizoid!
ac_kirkeyressa_schizoid_by_wesleydog-dbk1r31.png
@Kirkeyressa I have been obsessed with this song since I first heard it, and Schizoid is the perfect character to incorporate into it. I really appreciate you digging into his personality and making such an awesome piece. The TV screen is a really great effect, and it's just like the Pork Soda video! I love that the piece (mostly the eyes) is a little bit unsettling! The bright, psychedelic colors are great, and all-in-all, I just have a lot of fun looking at it. Thank you so much for entering!

The second place prize goes to Tunfischhai's drawing of Melancia!
ac2_melancia_by_tunfischhai_by_wesleydog-dbopswq.png
@Tunfischhai My absolute favorite thing about this piece is the way that the light from the Solar Blades shines on Melancia's wings. Your highlighting and shading styles make me feel as though I am looking at a photograph, even though it's a picture of a pink and green dragon! I absolutely love the pose, the way you drew the tail and claws, and the inclusion of her deadly mist. You really conveyed her beauty well, and it makes me happy that she was my longest breeding project to this day! Thank you so much for entering!

Finally for the main prizes, the third place prize goes to Midna42's drawing of Reed and Birch!
ac2_reed_and_birch_by_midna42_by_wesleydog-dbopsxb.png
@Midna42 For ages I have been seeking a piece of Reed and Birch that accurately conveys their love for one another, and what you gave me was not only that, but a large piece of their history. The idea of including the Crystalpine Reaches and the Starwood Strand into the piece was absolutely brilliant, and I also love the Companion Comet. Reed's eyes look so soft, like she really loves Birch, and I love the way you drew Birch's wolfcape. All in all, I love everything about this piece, and I really appreciate you taking the time to enter!

I will be sending these prizes out immediately, and the rest of the runner up prizes will be awarded sometime later today, hopefully early afternoon. I do know the exact placings of everyone else but want to wait until I have time to type up individual comments to each of you; right now, I'm off to class!
[center]Next, I will award the 10 runner-ups! This is probably the most tedious and confusing part of the prize-awarding, but I'm going to try my best to make sure everything goes smoothly! Runner-ups have been ranked from 1-10, based on how high they "scored." The first runner up will have first choice from the prize pool; the 10th runner up will receive the remaining prize. In order to ensure that everyone gets as close to their first choice as possible, you should list your preferred order of prizes up to the number of place you got. For example, the first runner up chooses one prize. They will receive their top choice. The second runner up lists two prizes, just in case their first choice is taken by the first runner up. The eighth runner up will list eight prizes, but this does not mean they MUST get their 8th choice. If, for example, their 6th choice is not chosen by any other runner ups before them, then they will receive their 6th choice. Essentially everyone receives their first available preferred prize until we get to #10, who inevitably receives the last item left. thegracefuldeer, you needn't make a list if you don't want to. :) [quote="RUNNER-UP POOL"][b][size=4]Runner-Up Prize Pool:[/size][/b] *10 Runner-Ups will be chosen; they will be permitted to select one item from this pool as a compensation prize in the order of my choosing! :) [skin=17525][item=vista: wavecrest saturnalia][item=stonekeeper crown][item=butterfly's kiss][item=loga] [item=crystalhide treads][item=chillspike collar][skin=2632][item=secondary gene: rosette][item=black cat][/quote] 1st runner up: @CanisChiroptera for their art of Schizoid! [img]https://img00.deviantart.net/c70b/i/2017/226/7/9/ac_canischiroptera_schizoid_by_wesleydog-dbk1rfw.jpg[/img] I love the darkness of the room and the inclusion of all of the sticky notes! This is exactly the sort of environment where I imagine Schizoid spending his long, sleepy days. I also really love the soft feeling of your art style! 2nd runner up: @Speedythecat for their art of Mae! [img]https://pre00.deviantart.net/7fac/th/pre/f/2017/226/c/7/ac_speedythecat_mae_by_wesleydog-dbk1qzq.png[/img] Mae's skirt and hair are so well-drawn, she looks adorable! I also really appreciate the fact that you included both her fox and human form in one drawing; that's something I've never seen before! 3rd runner up: @Iskars for their art of Necromancy! [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/04a4/f/2017/270/7/b/ac2_necromancy_by_iskars_by_wesleydog-dbopswo.png[/img] I have a huge weakness for really well-done traditional art, and I feel like the details in this piece capture the nature of Necromancy as a character very well. I really love the way that you draw skulls! 4th runner up: @SkyJumper for their art of Dink! [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/eb7f/f/2017/270/3/1/ac2_dink__by_skyjumper_by_wesleydog-dbopsx0.png[/img] Your perspective was ultimately what made me like this piece so much! I love how piercing his yellow eyes look, and I love that your soft realistic fur style meshes surprisingly well with his unnatural colors! 5th runner up: @johnnytrash for their art of Delilah! [img]https://pre00.deviantart.net/e0ad/th/pre/i/2017/226/a/0/ac_johnnytrash_delilah_by_wesleydog-dbk1r3w.jpg[/img] This was such a cute take on Delilah's progress from being insecure about her spots to embracing self love! I love the heart shaped spots and her lush outfit; she really looks like she's ready to be treated like royalty! 6th runner up: @Kyreesha for their art of Melancia! [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/f99b/f/2017/226/8/c/ac_kyreesha_melancia_by_wesleydog-dbk1r1z.png[/img] In this piece, Melancia looks absolutely fierce. I love the inclusion of the flowerfall petals along with the mist! 7th runner up: @CaveJohnson for their art of Necromancy and popcorn! [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/3575/f/2017/226/b/9/ac_cavejohnson_necromancy_and_popcorn_by_wesleydog-dbk1rfo.jpg[/img] This is such a cute lineless style, and I never would have thought to enter a comic myself! I also really like the headcanon of a weird rivalry in the clan between popcorn and Necromancy. This is really adorable! 8th runner up: @Reinore for their art of Mae! [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/15ae/f/2017/226/d/0/ac_reinore_mae_by_wesleydog-dbk1r0q.png[/img] I love that Mae is wearing her shirt bunched to the side like that! I wear my shirts like that pretty often, haha. I also really like the background incorporating her love of the city! :') 9th runner up: @Frye for their art of Kempley! [img]https://img00.deviantart.net/95e6/i/2017/270/f/6/ac2_kempley_by_frye_by_wesleydog-dbopswx.jpg[/img] The galaxy within her goggles and the paint splatter background both give this drawing some really cool effects! I think you played with her colors really well, and she looks gorgeous! 10th runner up: @thegracefuldeer for their art of Mae! [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e197/f/2017/270/5/7/ac2_mae_by_thegracefuldeer_by_wesleydog-dbopswu.gif[/img] I can tell that you put a lot of time into creating the animation for this piece, and I really appreciate that. She looks like she is listening to some good tunes! Please get back to me with your lists as soon as possible! My next step will be to send out consolation prizes to every single participant; please be patient on this step, as it will take me a while to contact everyone![/center]
Next, I will award the 10 runner-ups! This is probably the most tedious and confusing part of the prize-awarding, but I'm going to try my best to make sure everything goes smoothly! Runner-ups have been ranked from 1-10, based on how high they "scored." The first runner up will have first choice from the prize pool; the 10th runner up will receive the remaining prize.

In order to ensure that everyone gets as close to their first choice as possible, you should list your preferred order of prizes up to the number of place you got. For example, the first runner up chooses one prize. They will receive their top choice. The second runner up lists two prizes, just in case their first choice is taken by the first runner up. The eighth runner up will list eight prizes, but this does not mean they MUST get their 8th choice. If, for example, their 6th choice is not chosen by any other runner ups before them, then they will receive their 6th choice. Essentially everyone receives their first available preferred prize until we get to #10, who inevitably receives the last item left. thegracefuldeer, you needn't make a list if you don't want to. :)
RUNNER-UP POOL wrote:
Runner-Up Prize Pool:
*10 Runner-Ups will be chosen; they will be permitted to select one item from this pool as a compensation prize in the order of my choosing! :)
Vista: Wavecrest Saturnalia Stonekeeper Crown Butterfly's Kiss Loga
Crystalhide Treads Chillspike Collar Secondary Gene: Rosette Black Cat

1st runner up: @CanisChiroptera for their art of Schizoid!
ac_canischiroptera_schizoid_by_wesleydog-dbk1rfw.jpg
I love the darkness of the room and the inclusion of all of the sticky notes! This is exactly the sort of environment where I imagine Schizoid spending his long, sleepy days. I also really love the soft feeling of your art style!

2nd runner up: @Speedythecat for their art of Mae!
ac_speedythecat_mae_by_wesleydog-dbk1qzq.png
Mae's skirt and hair are so well-drawn, she looks adorable! I also really appreciate the fact that you included both her fox and human form in one drawing; that's something I've never seen before!

3rd runner up: @Iskars for their art of Necromancy!
ac2_necromancy_by_iskars_by_wesleydog-dbopswo.png
I have a huge weakness for really well-done traditional art, and I feel like the details in this piece capture the nature of Necromancy as a character very well. I really love the way that you draw skulls!

4th runner up: @SkyJumper for their art of Dink!
ac2_dink__by_skyjumper_by_wesleydog-dbopsx0.png
Your perspective was ultimately what made me like this piece so much! I love how piercing his yellow eyes look, and I love that your soft realistic fur style meshes surprisingly well with his unnatural colors!

5th runner up: @johnnytrash for their art of Delilah!
ac_johnnytrash_delilah_by_wesleydog-dbk1r3w.jpg
This was such a cute take on Delilah's progress from being insecure about her spots to embracing self love! I love the heart shaped spots and her lush outfit; she really looks like she's ready to be treated like royalty!

6th runner up: @Kyreesha for their art of Melancia!
ac_kyreesha_melancia_by_wesleydog-dbk1r1z.png
In this piece, Melancia looks absolutely fierce. I love the inclusion of the flowerfall petals along with the mist!

7th runner up: @CaveJohnson for their art of Necromancy and popcorn!
ac_cavejohnson_necromancy_and_popcorn_by_wesleydog-dbk1rfo.jpg
This is such a cute lineless style, and I never would have thought to enter a comic myself! I also really like the headcanon of a weird rivalry in the clan between popcorn and Necromancy. This is really adorable!

8th runner up: @Reinore for their art of Mae!
ac_reinore_mae_by_wesleydog-dbk1r0q.png
I love that Mae is wearing her shirt bunched to the side like that! I wear my shirts like that pretty often, haha. I also really like the background incorporating her love of the city! :')

9th runner up: @Frye for their art of Kempley!
ac2_kempley_by_frye_by_wesleydog-dbopswx.jpg
The galaxy within her goggles and the paint splatter background both give this drawing some really cool effects! I think you played with her colors really well, and she looks gorgeous!

10th runner up: @thegracefuldeer for their art of Mae!
ac2_mae_by_thegracefuldeer_by_wesleydog-dbopswu.gif
I can tell that you put a lot of time into creating the animation for this piece, and I really appreciate that. She looks like she is listening to some good tunes!

Please get back to me with your lists as soon as possible! My next step will be to send out consolation prizes to every single participant; please be patient on this step, as it will take me a while to contact everyone!
@wesleydog
1.Chillspike Collar
2.Butterfly Kiss
3.Loga

It should be done like this if I'm not mistaken

And thank you so much >//<

edit: tagged you so you won't miss it ^^"
@wesleydog
1.Chillspike Collar
2.Butterfly Kiss
3.Loga

It should be done like this if I'm not mistaken

And thank you so much >//<

edit: tagged you so you won't miss it ^^"
Artshop| Tumblr
ooh Congrats to the winners! And I'm glad you enjoyed my entry :) Here's my order of things :D

1. Rosette
2. Chillspike Collar
3. Frost Weathering Skin
4. Loga

@wesleydog
ooh Congrats to the winners! And I'm glad you enjoyed my entry :) Here's my order of things :D

1. Rosette
2. Chillspike Collar
3. Frost Weathering Skin
4. Loga

@wesleydog
hAznNSR.png +1 FR Time
-She/herlolll

Links and Things
-Dergs For Sale
-My Familiar Quest
-Looking for Dragons

@wesleydog
Ahh thank you! I'm glad you liked the animation. Also sorry, I was going to enter at least 2 more pieces but I fell into an art slump, and then my time was taken up by work and school so I never got around to them. Maybe I'll finish them someday lol
I'm not going to make a list if that's ok with you, I can wait until the prizes have been doled out ^-^
@wesleydog
Ahh thank you! I'm glad you liked the animation. Also sorry, I was going to enter at least 2 more pieces but I fell into an art slump, and then my time was taken up by work and school so I never got around to them. Maybe I'll finish them someday lol
I'm not going to make a list if that's ok with you, I can wait until the prizes have been doled out ^-^
85c5b65ac3cfb41eebea2171e6174e41.png
@wesleydog
I'd like the Chillspike Collar, please! Congrats to the winners!
@wesleydog
I'd like the Chillspike Collar, please! Congrats to the winners!
wew.gifsiggy_small_by_canischiroptera-dc6n0tq.pngwater.gif
@wesleydog dang I did this when I was just figuring out digital art so I'm surprised it placed as high as it did lol. This was super fun, Congrats everyone!
1.rosette scroll
2. Crystalhide treads
3.school migration accent
4. Frost weathering skin
5.butterfly's kiss
@wesleydog dang I did this when I was just figuring out digital art so I'm surprised it placed as high as it did lol. This was super fun, Congrats everyone!
1.rosette scroll
2. Crystalhide treads
3.school migration accent
4. Frost weathering skin
5.butterfly's kiss
Jules they/them
@wesleydog

Thank you for your consideration!

1. Chillspike Collar
2. Jaguar Gene
3. Black Cat
4. Loga