Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Willow's Wrath [A Pinkerlocke] (Hiatus)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14
@clarax

The camp looks so peaceful and beautiful!!! Now I'll be able to visualize the setting a lot better!
@clarax

The camp looks so peaceful and beautiful!!! Now I'll be able to visualize the setting a lot better!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[center][size=6][color=green][font=Garamond]Day {25}[/font] [font=wingdings]|[/font]——————————————[font=wingdings]|[/font][/color][/size] [item=Aviar Fragment] Art[/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/SqDf2VEm.jpg[/img][/center] -------- @Crobbin @Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @stenops887 @MoonlitLegacy @/Petall @Tiirran Another trinket!! I'm still without my pencil case, and also had no more blank paper in the house so I used the backside of my first drawing with the willow tree lol. I wasn't sure what to draw today but while sitting in class, I had this idea to draw Treble's flower. Spinner was a challenge but I'm glad I did it anyway. :D Big, big thanks to [url=https://www.instagram.com/bonjournal_/]bonjournal_[/url]on IG since I've been following their flower-drawing tutorials recently for my own bulletjournal. ^^ This was their cherry blossom tutorial, but it's not a cherry blossom in-story. I have no clue what the actual flower which Treble found in the meadow is, it's... a strange species that only grows on Sorneith, I guess. :P @Petall I'm so glad you like the camp!! ^^ I had fun coming up with the details for it lol. My next task (when I get to it) is to figure out how the tunnels underground look!
Day {25}
|——————————————|

Aviar Fragment
Art
SqDf2VEm.jpg

@Crobbin @Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @stenops887 @MoonlitLegacy @/Petall @Tiirran

Another trinket!! I'm still without my pencil case, and also had no more blank paper in the house so I used the backside of my first drawing with the willow tree lol. I wasn't sure what to draw today but while sitting in class, I had this idea to draw Treble's flower. Spinner was a challenge but I'm glad I did it anyway. :D

Big, big thanks to bonjournal_on IG since I've been following their flower-drawing tutorials recently for my own bulletjournal. ^^ This was their cherry blossom tutorial, but it's not a cherry blossom in-story. I have no clue what the actual flower which Treble found in the meadow is, it's... a strange species that only grows on Sorneith, I guess. :P

@Petall I'm so glad you like the camp!! ^^ I had fun coming up with the details for it lol. My next task (when I get to it) is to figure out how the tunnels underground look!
1u3H6jas.png
[center][size=6][color=green][font=Garamond]Day {26}[/font] [font=wingdings]|[/font]——————————————[font=wingdings]|[/font][/color][/size] [item=Flurry Flyer] 20-30 Matches[/center] [columns][indent] When they awoke the next morning, the dragons did not speak much of what they had shared the previous night. Instead, they seemed to carry themselves differently, more confidently - or perhaps, more comfortably. Surprisingly, Luana was the first to rise. She was shoulder-deep into the mostly-built storage hut, swiping with a paw, trying to reach some plants stocked in the back. "Ugh, too far," she grumbled. When the others saw her, they were amused to see her tail lashing in the air, her back legs scrambling, her claws digging deep trenches into the earth. Treble purred quietly with laughter, but Gabi stepped forward. "Need help?" he offered, his voice carrying gently. "Nah, I got this," Luana said. Her determination was no match for her size, however, and soon she gave up with a sigh. She shuffled backwards, awkwardly ducking out from the storage hut's entrance. "We're going to have to figure out another way for you to get in there," Maple said, thinking aloud. "Maybe put a latch on the roof, so you can reach in from above?" "A little late on that suggestion," Luana said, clearly upset. "We can make it happen." Gabi nudged her lightheartedly, before he slipped into the shed. He returned almost instantly with a wooden bowl filled with some leaves and flower petals. "Here," he said, offering it to her. "Are you getting tired of plants? We can go hunting for something else, if you'd like." She smiled down at him. "I was eating plants for you, hatch." Gabi's tail swished. "Oh, you don't have to do that, Lu. But I like the thought of hunting." Treble nodded enthusiastically. "Yes! I'd like to stock up on some more bugs," Maple chimed in. Together, they hastened to the training fields. "Hey this looks different! Are we exploring new territory?" Gabi exclaimed as they traipsed through the undergrowth. "No, I think it's the same place..." Maple said, looking around with interest. "But some strange magic has definitely changed this place. Let's be on our guard, shall we?" The others agreed in low tones while they prepared themselves for the hunt. [/indent][/columns] -------- @Crobbin @Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @stenops887 @MoonlitLegacy @Petall @Tiirran
Day {26}
|——————————————|

Flurry Flyer
20-30 Matches
When they awoke the next morning, the dragons did not speak much of what they had shared the previous night. Instead, they seemed to carry themselves differently, more confidently - or perhaps, more comfortably.

Surprisingly, Luana was the first to rise. She was shoulder-deep into the mostly-built storage hut, swiping with a paw, trying to reach some plants stocked in the back. "Ugh, too far," she grumbled.

When the others saw her, they were amused to see her tail lashing in the air, her back legs scrambling, her claws digging deep trenches into the earth. Treble purred quietly with laughter, but Gabi stepped forward.

"Need help?" he offered, his voice carrying gently.

"Nah, I got this," Luana said. Her determination was no match for her size, however, and soon she gave up with a sigh. She shuffled backwards, awkwardly ducking out from the storage hut's entrance.

"We're going to have to figure out another way for you to get in there," Maple said, thinking aloud. "Maybe put a latch on the roof, so you can reach in from above?"

"A little late on that suggestion," Luana said, clearly upset.

"We can make it happen." Gabi nudged her lightheartedly, before he slipped into the shed. He returned almost instantly with a wooden bowl filled with some leaves and flower petals. "Here," he said, offering it to her. "Are you getting tired of plants? We can go hunting for something else, if you'd like."

She smiled down at him. "I was eating plants for you, hatch."

Gabi's tail swished. "Oh, you don't have to do that, Lu. But I like the thought of hunting."

Treble nodded enthusiastically.

"Yes! I'd like to stock up on some more bugs," Maple chimed in.

Together, they hastened to the training fields. "Hey this looks different! Are we exploring new territory?" Gabi exclaimed as they traipsed through the undergrowth.

"No, I think it's the same place..." Maple said, looking around with interest. "But some strange magic has definitely changed this place. Let's be on our guard, shall we?"

The others agreed in low tones while they prepared themselves for the hunt.

@Crobbin @Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @stenops887 @MoonlitLegacy @Petall @Tiirran
1u3H6jas.png
@clarax

Gabi is so cute. I love him.
@clarax

Gabi is so cute. I love him.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Clarax protect Gabi. He needs it.
@Clarax protect Gabi. He needs it.
tumblr_odrv7zakOd1v1li10o1_400.png Doing Art for Apparel. See examples on my dragons!
[center][size=6][color=green][font=Garamond]Day {27}[/font] [font=wingdings]|[/font]——————————————[font=wingdings]|[/font][/color][/size] [item=Micro Deer] 40-50 Matches[/center] [columns][indent] Their hunt took them through the rolling, bountiful meadows - the training fields which had changed so much in such a short time. But soon they took a stray path that led to a darker part of the forest, somewhere they hadn't been before. The shadows lengthened, and Luana looked around with wide eyes, as if trying to peel back the layers of darkness to see what the forest was hiding. "Did we stumble into the Tangled Woods?" she asked, trying to joke. It was clear she was unnerved. Treble glanced over, noting the Guardian's concern. "Shadow is better than Nature for you, no?" The Guardian didn't respond. She would have preferred Shadow magic over the thick creeping lengths of Nature which grew here, but there was no such luck for her today. "It seems we're nearing the southern border of the Labyrinth," Maple said, flitting up towards one of the high branches to examine the dark, furling leaves. She sniffed them, huffed with intrigue, before returning to her companions. [i]They're interesting, but they're not mine. Not for me,[/i] she thought, keeping it to herself. "Is Shadow south of us?" Gabi asked, fluffing his mane. "Yes," Treble said, as if it were obvious. She blinked and then smiled. "Forgot you have only Nature in you." "There's water between us and them, though," Luana added, her voice tight. "We're still in Nature now. Just - getting close to the edge." Where the magic was strong, fighting against its neighbour to keep ahold of its territory. Gabi took this in with interest. "I would like to see the Tangled Woods, maybe..." "Maybe one day," Treble said. "They too have flowers, nice glow-in-the-dark ones. More to study there." Luana kept silent, as did Maple. One was eager to leave the Labyrinth; the other, bound to it. It was the latter who spoke up finally. "We've hunted enough for now, I think. Our stores will be overflowing. Let's return to camp." Maple turned without another word and began leading the way home. [/indent][/columns] -------- @Crobbin @Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @stenops887 @MoonlitLegacy @Petall @Tiirran Tried out the Woodland path for about 10-15 battles today (I think.) Went okay, although I restarted a few times just to be on the safe side. :p btw, MoonlitLegacy and Petall I'm so glad you two love Gabi!! I squealed over your comments haha. <3 I will do my best to make sure he is well taken care of. ^_^
Day {27}
|——————————————|

Micro Deer
40-50 Matches
Their hunt took them through the rolling, bountiful meadows - the training fields which had changed so much in such a short time. But soon they took a stray path that led to a darker part of the forest, somewhere they hadn't been before. The shadows lengthened, and Luana looked around with wide eyes, as if trying to peel back the layers of darkness to see what the forest was hiding.

"Did we stumble into the Tangled Woods?" she asked, trying to joke. It was clear she was unnerved.

Treble glanced over, noting the Guardian's concern. "Shadow is better than Nature for you, no?"

The Guardian didn't respond. She would have preferred Shadow magic over the thick creeping lengths of Nature which grew here, but there was no such luck for her today.

"It seems we're nearing the southern border of the Labyrinth," Maple said, flitting up towards one of the high branches to examine the dark, furling leaves. She sniffed them, huffed with intrigue, before returning to her companions. They're interesting, but they're not mine. Not for me, she thought, keeping it to herself.

"Is Shadow south of us?" Gabi asked, fluffing his mane.

"Yes," Treble said, as if it were obvious. She blinked and then smiled. "Forgot you have only Nature in you."

"There's water between us and them, though," Luana added, her voice tight. "We're still in Nature now. Just - getting close to the edge." Where the magic was strong, fighting against its neighbour to keep ahold of its territory.

Gabi took this in with interest. "I would like to see the Tangled Woods, maybe..."

"Maybe one day," Treble said. "They too have flowers, nice glow-in-the-dark ones. More to study there."

Luana kept silent, as did Maple. One was eager to leave the Labyrinth; the other, bound to it. It was the latter who spoke up finally.

"We've hunted enough for now, I think. Our stores will be overflowing. Let's return to camp." Maple turned without another word and began leading the way home.

@Crobbin @Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @stenops887 @MoonlitLegacy @Petall @Tiirran

Tried out the Woodland path for about 10-15 battles today (I think.) Went okay, although I restarted a few times just to be on the safe side. :p

btw, MoonlitLegacy and Petall I'm so glad you two love Gabi!! I squealed over your comments haha. <3 I will do my best to make sure he is well taken care of. ^_^
1u3H6jas.png
[center][size=6][color=green][font=Garamond]Day {28}[/font] [font=wingdings]|[/font]——————————————[font=wingdings]|[/font][/color][/size] [item=Frog's Wing Fans] Breed or Scroll a Dragon[/center] [columns][indent] Gabi and Treble were busy gardening at the north end of camp. They did not speak much between the two of them, except to ask for advice or compliment one another's gardens. Gabi wanted a garden filled with edibles - veggies, some fruit bushes, and even some ferns with crunchy leaves. Treble worked on lining some flower bulbs uniformly. Next she would turn to transplanting some sprouts, and she was thinking of adding hydrangea bushes, too. While the two worked on their gardens, Maple barbecued some meat by the firepit. It had been a while since she had eaten meat - lately, it had mostly been insects. The scent of the searing, spiced meat brought Luana over. The Guardian sniffed the air delicately, and then gave the Nocturne a nod of approval. "It'll be nice to have some meat again," Luana murmured, without realizing it. "You read my mind," Maple said, laughing kindly. The smaller dragon looked up at the Plaguleing. "Although if you want some, I'll need your help. I can't hold as much." She gestured with her tail to the pile of raw meat on a loose leaf, before waving her tail towards the small skewer she was holding in her claws - the perfect size for her, but compared to the Guardian it was nothing. "Oh, yeah, I can help." Luana nodded deeply. "Here, I'll go get a larger stick." The Guardian smiled at Maple, who smiled back, and then Luana stepped away. Maple watched her go, her chest warm. Ever since they had first been pushed to work together, finding the supplies to fortify camp, their friendship had been growing strongly, easily. Luana might have a tough hide on the surface, but Maple liked that about her; and besides, past her scales, Luana was loyal, and brave. Maple admired the Guardian, and... Catching herself with these thoughts, Maple turned back to stare into the fire, her gaze hazy. What was she feeling? How could she know how she felt? Did she really like Luana, or did she just want to [i]be[/i] her? Maple had been mimicking others for so long - first [i]them[/i], then the flowers, and now... She had lost herself somewhere along the way. Maybe these feelings were not really what she thought... How could she know after burying herself for so long to fit in with everyone else? But she had never - "I'm back," Luana said cheerfully, cutting of Maple's thoughts. The Guardian settled in beside the Nocturne and reached for some meat. Maple didn't look to her, which immediately set the Guardian on alert. "Are you alright?" A pause, silence beyond the crackling flames and the spitting meat Maple held. [i]I know that brooding look... Although it's usually on my face.[/i] Luana couldn't deny that, but she didn't say so aloud. Instead, she leaned closer to the Nocturne, putting aside the meat she had already started to skewer. "Maple, whatever it is, you can - you can talk to me about it." Luana took a deep breath as she realized the words were true. She smiled a small smile. "But only if you want to. I mean it." Maple stirred at that, and looked over at Luana. There was something in her brown Earth eyes which Luana didn't recognize, something warm - hope? And in turn that caused something to stir in Luana's chest, almost as bright as what Luana felt when around her Charge. They stared at each other for a moment, the air sizzling, as if an electric charge was caught between them. Then Luana realized that she wasn't imagining it - the air was charred, smoky. She gave a short laugh, and reached forward to lift Maple's skewer away from the flame, where it had been sitting uncomfortably for several moments. "Careful, silly. The meat's burning." [/indent][/columns] -------- @Crobbin @Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @stenops887 @MoonlitLegacy @Petall @Tiirran The only two RTB are Luana and Gabi, and that's a big no lol. I also didn't want to scroll anyone today (I have some thoughts, but not 100% sure yet) so I wrote a bit of romance instead, something I've been thinking about for a few days. ^^;
Day {28}
|——————————————|

Frog's Wing Fans
Breed or Scroll a Dragon
Gabi and Treble were busy gardening at the north end of camp. They did not speak much between the two of them, except to ask for advice or compliment one another's gardens. Gabi wanted a garden filled with edibles - veggies, some fruit bushes, and even some ferns with crunchy leaves. Treble worked on lining some flower bulbs uniformly. Next she would turn to transplanting some sprouts, and she was thinking of adding hydrangea bushes, too.

While the two worked on their gardens, Maple barbecued some meat by the firepit. It had been a while since she had eaten meat - lately, it had mostly been insects.

The scent of the searing, spiced meat brought Luana over. The Guardian sniffed the air delicately, and then gave the Nocturne a nod of approval.

"It'll be nice to have some meat again," Luana murmured, without realizing it.

"You read my mind," Maple said, laughing kindly. The smaller dragon looked up at the Plaguleing. "Although if you want some, I'll need your help. I can't hold as much." She gestured with her tail to the pile of raw meat on a loose leaf, before waving her tail towards the small skewer she was holding in her claws - the perfect size for her, but compared to the Guardian it was nothing.

"Oh, yeah, I can help." Luana nodded deeply. "Here, I'll go get a larger stick."

The Guardian smiled at Maple, who smiled back, and then Luana stepped away. Maple watched her go, her chest warm. Ever since they had first been pushed to work together, finding the supplies to fortify camp, their friendship had been growing strongly, easily. Luana might have a tough hide on the surface, but Maple liked that about her; and besides, past her scales, Luana was loyal, and brave. Maple admired the Guardian, and...

Catching herself with these thoughts, Maple turned back to stare into the fire, her gaze hazy. What was she feeling? How could she know how she felt? Did she really like Luana, or did she just want to be her? Maple had been mimicking others for so long - first them, then the flowers, and now... She had lost herself somewhere along the way. Maybe these feelings were not really what she thought... How could she know after burying herself for so long to fit in with everyone else? But she had never -

"I'm back," Luana said cheerfully, cutting of Maple's thoughts. The Guardian settled in beside the Nocturne and reached for some meat. Maple didn't look to her, which immediately set the Guardian on alert. "Are you alright?" A pause, silence beyond the crackling flames and the spitting meat Maple held.

I know that brooding look... Although it's usually on my face. Luana couldn't deny that, but she didn't say so aloud. Instead, she leaned closer to the Nocturne, putting aside the meat she had already started to skewer.

"Maple, whatever it is, you can - you can talk to me about it." Luana took a deep breath as she realized the words were true. She smiled a small smile. "But only if you want to. I mean it."

Maple stirred at that, and looked over at Luana. There was something in her brown Earth eyes which Luana didn't recognize, something warm - hope? And in turn that caused something to stir in Luana's chest, almost as bright as what Luana felt when around her Charge. They stared at each other for a moment, the air sizzling, as if an electric charge was caught between them.

Then Luana realized that she wasn't imagining it - the air was charred, smoky. She gave a short laugh, and reached forward to lift Maple's skewer away from the flame, where it had been sitting uncomfortably for several moments. "Careful, silly. The meat's burning."

The only two RTB are Luana and Gabi, and that's a big no lol. I also didn't want to scroll anyone today (I have some thoughts, but not 100% sure yet) so I wrote a bit of romance instead, something I've been thinking about for a few days. ^^;
1u3H6jas.png
Quality post. Let the ladies be happy
Quality post. Let the ladies be happy
tumblr_odrv7zakOd1v1li10o1_400.png Doing Art for Apparel. See examples on my dragons!
@clarax

Could you add me to your pinglist? I really like your Pinkerlocke, and your dragons are so interesting. Particularly Maple. I can't help but wonder if the creatures she was talking about are the Sidhe, who made the Willow murderous.
@clarax

Could you add me to your pinglist? I really like your Pinkerlocke, and your dragons are so interesting. Particularly Maple. I can't help but wonder if the creatures she was talking about are the Sidhe, who made the Willow murderous.
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
SgonDOb.pngOvfZqTx.gif2im8gtl.png
@clarax yes. yes thank you let the ladies be happy. :)
@clarax yes. yes thank you let the ladies be happy. :)
From Ashes is a Nuzlocke following the survivors of a devastating attack on a Fire clan as they struggle to survive and find a new home
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14