Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Willow's Wrath [A Pinkerlocke] (Hiatus)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
[center][size=6][color=green][font=Garamond]Day {2}[/font] [font=wingdings]|[/font]——————————————[font=wingdings]|[/font][/color][/size] [item=Potted Deepmine Fungi] Art[/center] [columns][indent] A light paw pressed against the minty scales, but the light pressure slipped away fast. Still, it helped bring the Guardian to. Her scales were still wet from her fall in the water. As Luana opened her eyes, she felt a stirring within her chest. The urge from before, from her Search, had faded into a soothing aura. She looked over to see what had saved her. A small ball of oddly-coloured fur was sitting patiently in front of her mud-soaked paws. He chirped happily when he saw she was awake. "Mah? Mah-mah." "Oh, no, no. How could I be mother to such an ugly little thing?" The words slipped from Luana before she realized what she was saying. She cringed at her own audacity. But the Tundra didn't seem to understand. He tilted his head forward and repeated, a little more clearly, "Mama." "No." Luana sat up with a grunt. Droplets of water rolled down her neck, and she fanned out her fins to shake off the remaining water. "I'm not your mother. I'm your [i]Vautox [/i]- Guardian." [i]My [/i]Ta Vaun[i] is complete.[/i] She breathed with relief. The Tundra didn't seem alarmed by her sudden movement, but he also did not seem to understand the importance of her words. Instead he clumsily wandered over to where her tail was curled by her flank. He clawed at the smaller spines along her tail, which Luana allowed, before tripping over her tail with a "Woof!" Before Luana could react, he stood back up and began climbing over her tail again. As she watched him with interest, she realized something. This Tundra couldn't have saved her. There was no way he would have been strong enough, or agile enough, to pull her from the stream. She closed her eye for a moment. What else could have saved her? There was no other dragon around. A sudden breeze brought the willow fronds closer to her face. "Leave," a strange voice called with the wind. Luana startled, knocking the Tundra off her. He landed with a thud and began whimpering, but Luana hardly noticed. "Who said that?" The willow's fronds drifted to her face again, before slipping past her and wrapping gently around the Tundra hatchling. They lifted him up and set him on his feet by her side, the movement so fast Luana could not stop it. "Take the child and leave. You do not belong in this land." The Guardian stared, her mouth agape. [i]What.[/i] She would not believe that the leaves - the tree - was talking to her. But she had to believe her eyes. "Did you save me?" she questioned aloud with a grimace. She didn't want to imagine the fronds touching her like that, pulling her from the stream. "You will owe us in kind, one day. But today is not the day to repay the favour. Leave. We will call on you when it is time." Fear spiked through her. A favour? What was this? Some Nature trickery? The Plague dragon narrowed her eyes, but she did not say anything else. Instead she grabbed the Tundra, carrying the hatchling by his mane, and turned from the willow. With her tail, she made a rude gesture to the tree, but the strange voice only laughed. "You will know when it is time. Do not forget the Willow, Luana. " "You know my name?" the Guardian growled, but her words were distorted around the mouthful of fur. The tree - the Willow - did not hear, fortunately. Still, the Guardian had to force herself to walk, not run, away from the clearing. [/columns][/indent] [center][url=http://imgur.com/czlHwcy][img]http://i.imgur.com/czlHwcyl.jpg[/img][/url][/center] -------- [s]Art incoming! I'll ping everyone and respond properly once I've figured out how to scan it lol. [/s] Art's here! It's just a quick coloured sketch. I haven't drawn a dragon in about a year and a half, so. I can't promise quality lol! :P I used mostly thin-tipped markers, with a bit of pencil crayon to try and get Luana's colours right. Also, the Tundra boy's colours are... troublesome to colour, lol. Maybe I'll get better with practice haha! @Crobbin @Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @stenops887 @MoonlitLegacy I'm so glad you all like my story so far! ^^ thanks for reading, everyone! And - Fletcher, ahhh! Faeries, yes! I was looking specifically for some Romanian folklore to use in my lore, and so that's how Iele and her mate Moroi came to be in my Clan ^^ If/when you start a Pinkerlocke, I'd love to read it! (And yes, I'll check out your shop! your aesthetic boards look amazing, thank you :3)
Day {2}
|——————————————|

Potted Deepmine Fungi
Art
A light paw pressed against the minty scales, but the light pressure slipped away fast. Still, it helped bring the Guardian to. Her scales were still wet from her fall in the water. As Luana opened her eyes, she felt a stirring within her chest. The urge from before, from her Search, had faded into a soothing aura. She looked over to see what had saved her.

A small ball of oddly-coloured fur was sitting patiently in front of her mud-soaked paws. He chirped happily when he saw she was awake. "Mah? Mah-mah."

"Oh, no, no. How could I be mother to such an ugly little thing?" The words slipped from Luana before she realized what she was saying. She cringed at her own audacity.

But the Tundra didn't seem to understand. He tilted his head forward and repeated, a little more clearly, "Mama."

"No." Luana sat up with a grunt. Droplets of water rolled down her neck, and she fanned out her fins to shake off the remaining water. "I'm not your mother. I'm your Vautox - Guardian." My Ta Vaun is complete. She breathed with relief.

The Tundra didn't seem alarmed by her sudden movement, but he also did not seem to understand the importance of her words. Instead he clumsily wandered over to where her tail was curled by her flank. He clawed at the smaller spines along her tail, which Luana allowed, before tripping over her tail with a "Woof!" Before Luana could react, he stood back up and began climbing over her tail again.

As she watched him with interest, she realized something. This Tundra couldn't have saved her. There was no way he would have been strong enough, or agile enough, to pull her from the stream. She closed her eye for a moment. What else could have saved her? There was no other dragon around.

A sudden breeze brought the willow fronds closer to her face. "Leave," a strange voice called with the wind. Luana startled, knocking the Tundra off her. He landed with a thud and began whimpering, but Luana hardly noticed.

"Who said that?"

The willow's fronds drifted to her face again, before slipping past her and wrapping gently around the Tundra hatchling. They lifted him up and set him on his feet by her side, the movement so fast Luana could not stop it. "Take the child and leave. You do not belong in this land."

The Guardian stared, her mouth agape. What. She would not believe that the leaves - the tree - was talking to her. But she had to believe her eyes.

"Did you save me?" she questioned aloud with a grimace. She didn't want to imagine the fronds touching her like that, pulling her from the stream.

"You will owe us in kind, one day. But today is not the day to repay the favour. Leave. We will call on you when it is time."

Fear spiked through her. A favour? What was this? Some Nature trickery? The Plague dragon narrowed her eyes, but she did not say anything else. Instead she grabbed the Tundra, carrying the hatchling by his mane, and turned from the willow. With her tail, she made a rude gesture to the tree, but the strange voice only laughed.

"You will know when it is time. Do not forget the Willow, Luana. "

"You know my name?" the Guardian growled, but her words were distorted around the mouthful of fur. The tree - the Willow - did not hear, fortunately. Still, the Guardian had to force herself to walk, not run, away from the clearing.

czlHwcyl.jpg

Art incoming! I'll ping everyone and respond properly once I've figured out how to scan it lol.
Art's here!
It's just a quick coloured sketch. I haven't drawn a dragon in about a year and a half, so. I can't promise quality lol! :P I used mostly thin-tipped markers, with a bit of pencil crayon to try and get Luana's colours right. Also, the Tundra boy's colours are... troublesome to colour, lol. Maybe I'll get better with practice haha!

@Crobbin @Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @stenops887 @MoonlitLegacy
I'm so glad you all like my story so far! ^^ thanks for reading, everyone!

And - Fletcher, ahhh! Faeries, yes! I was looking specifically for some Romanian folklore to use in my lore, and so that's how Iele and her mate Moroi came to be in my Clan ^^ If/when you start a Pinkerlocke, I'd love to read it! (And yes, I'll check out your shop! your aesthetic boards look amazing, thank you :3)
1u3H6jas.png
N oooooo this is too cute. I thought that little tundra was adorable and the way you wrote him interacting with Luana is to die for, what a sweetheart. I cannot wait to see their relationship develop!! ;o;
N oooooo this is too cute. I thought that little tundra was adorable and the way you wrote him interacting with Luana is to die for, what a sweetheart. I cannot wait to see their relationship develop!! ;o;
a1f80d3732a26eb2d3a0a0fc3cb161fa078301cd.png
Fletcher/ Kin | FR+1:00
any pronouns

Hatchery || Playlist Shop
Wishlist || IG
@clarax

Awwww! :'D The tundra hatchling is so cute! It's really interesting how the tree spoke to Luana. I hope the little tundra baby will be kept safe and nothing will get him!
@clarax

Awwww! :'D The tundra hatchling is so cute! It's really interesting how the tree spoke to Luana. I hope the little tundra baby will be kept safe and nothing will get him!
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

@Fletcher oh, me too! I'm so excited for their relationship. ^^

@Spottedleaf125 hah, thanks so much! I love the tundra already, I'm interested to see how his personality will develop as he grows! :D For now he's a clumsy little thing, he doesn't even know that his parents are dead and the Clan he was born into was completely destroyed lol. :/ Fingers crossed that Luana will be able to protect him!

And yes, I don't have a dragon to represent the tree yet but I'm working on getting a nice Fae (Faerie) lol! :P Well, she'll look nice. but she isn't nice, at least not to the dragons!
@Fletcher oh, me too! I'm so excited for their relationship. ^^

@Spottedleaf125 hah, thanks so much! I love the tundra already, I'm interested to see how his personality will develop as he grows! :D For now he's a clumsy little thing, he doesn't even know that his parents are dead and the Clan he was born into was completely destroyed lol. :/ Fingers crossed that Luana will be able to protect him!

And yes, I don't have a dragon to represent the tree yet but I'm working on getting a nice Fae (Faerie) lol! :P Well, she'll look nice. but she isn't nice, at least not to the dragons!
1u3H6jas.png
[center][size=6][color=green][font=Garamond]Day {3}[/font] [font=wingdings]|[/font]——————————————[font=wingdings]|[/font][/color][/size] [item=Dumpling Squid] 30-40 matches[/center] [columns][indent] That night, Luana found a comfortable nook at the base of a large tree with furry moss growing over its trunk. It was [i]far[/i] away from that weird, haunted tree and the clearing... "We'll stay here for tonight, and then we'll get out of this forest right away tomorrow," she told the Tundra hatchling as she settled down, trying to get comfortable among the Nature. He wasn't listening to her, however, and instead was sniffing at the tangling, exposed roots of a large fern. Rolling her eyes, Luana leaned over and pulled him closer with a paw. "Come on, hatch. Let's get some rest." He looked up at her eye wide, green eyes. Her own red eyes narrowed in response to the unprompted staring contest. Before long, though, the Tundra blinked and yawned, showing off his tiny, gleaming teeth. Luana chuckled, and muttered, "I win." The Tundra crinkled his nose then, and leaned forward to sniff her scales again. The press of his warm fur was startling to Luana. "Mama," he murmured sleepily, before he curled up beside her. "No." She sighed. "My name is Luana." It took her a moment to realize that she didn't even know her Charge's name. "Do [i]you [/i]have a name?" There was no response from the Tundra, whose breathing had slowed down into a peaceful sleep. Luana rested her head on her paws. She grimaced as an uncomfortable thought entered her head. [i]Maybe he does not even have a name. [/i]His home had been destroyed, his family - well, where was his family? She closed her eyes tight, not wanting to picture again the clearing filled with bodies. The tree - the [i]talking [/i]tree - had given her no answers, simply handing Luana the hatchling and bidding her to leave the site. If his parents had died before they could name him - or tell him his name - then the Tundra was nameless. "Tomorrow, we'll figure out your name," Luana said, although nobody was listening. She shifted into a better position, dislodging the Tundra slightly. He only turned and rubbed his horns along her side before he settled once more. Wrapping her wing over him, lightly enough so he could still breathe, she closed her eyes and drifted into a fitful sleep. [/columns][/indent] -------- @Crobbin @Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @stenops887 @MoonlitLegacy The battles went smoothly today. Luana's almost to level 5. A Glowing Pocket Mouse dropped, but since I already have one awakened I decided not to equip it to Luana, nor to write it into the story. :)
Day {3}
|——————————————|

Dumpling Squid
30-40 matches
That night, Luana found a comfortable nook at the base of a large tree with furry moss growing over its trunk. It was far away from that weird, haunted tree and the clearing...

"We'll stay here for tonight, and then we'll get out of this forest right away tomorrow," she told the Tundra hatchling as she settled down, trying to get comfortable among the Nature. He wasn't listening to her, however, and instead was sniffing at the tangling, exposed roots of a large fern. Rolling her eyes, Luana leaned over and pulled him closer with a paw. "Come on, hatch. Let's get some rest."

He looked up at her eye wide, green eyes. Her own red eyes narrowed in response to the unprompted staring contest. Before long, though, the Tundra blinked and yawned, showing off his tiny, gleaming teeth. Luana chuckled, and muttered, "I win."

The Tundra crinkled his nose then, and leaned forward to sniff her scales again. The press of his warm fur was startling to Luana. "Mama," he murmured sleepily, before he curled up beside her.

"No." She sighed. "My name is Luana." It took her a moment to realize that she didn't even know her Charge's name. "Do you have a name?"

There was no response from the Tundra, whose breathing had slowed down into a peaceful sleep.

Luana rested her head on her paws. She grimaced as an uncomfortable thought entered her head. Maybe he does not even have a name. His home had been destroyed, his family - well, where was his family? She closed her eyes tight, not wanting to picture again the clearing filled with bodies. The tree - the talking tree - had given her no answers, simply handing Luana the hatchling and bidding her to leave the site. If his parents had died before they could name him - or tell him his name - then the Tundra was nameless.

"Tomorrow, we'll figure out your name," Luana said, although nobody was listening. She shifted into a better position, dislodging the Tundra slightly. He only turned and rubbed his horns along her side before he settled once more. Wrapping her wing over him, lightly enough so he could still breathe, she closed her eyes and drifted into a fitful sleep.

@Crobbin @Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @stenops887 @MoonlitLegacy

The battles went smoothly today. Luana's almost to level 5. A Glowing Pocket Mouse dropped, but since I already have one awakened I decided not to equip it to Luana, nor to write it into the story. :)
1u3H6jas.png
@clarax

Gotta love that little dude, I love how he calls her "Mama", so cute! ^^ The staring contest was nice too, funny little guy. Poor thing, hopefully the Fair Folk won't come and get him, I'm sure if they tried Luana would do all she could to protect the little guy.
@clarax

Gotta love that little dude, I love how he calls her "Mama", so cute! ^^ The staring contest was nice too, funny little guy. Poor thing, hopefully the Fair Folk won't come and get him, I'm sure if they tried Luana would do all she could to protect the little guy.
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

@Spottedleaf125 Yes! I hope I can get another dragon soon so that Luana will have a bit of help in the coli, as a buffer to protect the little guy; and the fair folk will hopefully leave them alone as long as they don't approach their territory again.

I think in the next update Luana will name him (he's already named in my lair, just not in story.. shh). I wrote down a few ideas about Luana's relationship with him, just little tidbits and scenes that probably won't come until later. but it's going to be fun. :P

My pull for today is meat! But I have to go to a book club meeting so I'll coli and post about it later on. :3
@Spottedleaf125 Yes! I hope I can get another dragon soon so that Luana will have a bit of help in the coli, as a buffer to protect the little guy; and the fair folk will hopefully leave them alone as long as they don't approach their territory again.

I think in the next update Luana will name him (he's already named in my lair, just not in story.. shh). I wrote down a few ideas about Luana's relationship with him, just little tidbits and scenes that probably won't come until later. but it's going to be fun. :P

My pull for today is meat! But I have to go to a book club meeting so I'll coli and post about it later on. :3
1u3H6jas.png
[center][size=6][color=green][font=Garamond]Day {4}[/font] [font=wingdings]|[/font]——————————————[font=wingdings]|[/font][/color][/size] [item=Micro Goat] 40-50 matches[/center] [columns][indent] The sun streamed down through the treetops the next morning. Luana was chewing some insects she had caught earlier, while the Tundra hatchling played with a pebble. "So," she started. The Tundra hardly looked at her. "You need a name, don't you?" After a minute of no proper response from the dragonling, she went on. "... Want a Plague name? No, probably not. A Nature name? Like - Treebark? Is that a proper name?" The hatchling kicked the pebble a little too hard, flinging it away. He gave a small cry as he realized he had accidentally lost his toy, but he was quickly distracted by a passing butterfly. "I guess not." She watched as he scampered after the butterfly, but it quickly flew out of reach, over Luana's shoulder. The Tundra gave a leap through the air, landing on Luana's leg, narrowly avoiding her fins. He crawled up her thigh to stand on her back. But the butterfly flew too high for him, even when standing on the Guardian. She held still beneath him, not wanting to make him fall. "Oak? Uhm, Lumber? Vinnie - get it, like a vine? Because you're clinging all over me? No. Ahh... I've never done this before, you know. I've never had to name something, or - or, even take care of someone else." Luana groaned in frustration. The Tundra walked over her outstretched neck, but his paw slipped. He almost fell to the ground, and but Luana was quick - quicker than she thought she'd be - and she managed to catch him in her paws, her claws away from his delicate features. He grinned up at her, hardly aware of how close he had been to serious injury. "I grabbed you. Oh - [i]Gabi[/i]?" she said, trying it out. He let out a sweet laugh. It felt right on her tongue - he clearly liked it. "Alright, then, hatch. Gabi it is!" [/columns][/indent] -------- @Crobbin @Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @stenops887 @MoonlitLegacy Luana survived through today's battles! She's now more than halfway to level 6, although I just stayed in the Training Fields - probably won't venture further until a few more levels.. I have no idea how to stat her lol. I thought I had a guide bookmarked, but .. I have a lot of bookmarks to wade through lol. :P
Day {4}
|——————————————|

Micro Goat
40-50 matches
The sun streamed down through the treetops the next morning. Luana was chewing some insects she had caught earlier, while the Tundra hatchling played with a pebble.

"So," she started. The Tundra hardly looked at her. "You need a name, don't you?"

After a minute of no proper response from the dragonling, she went on. "... Want a Plague name? No, probably not. A Nature name? Like - Treebark? Is that a proper name?"

The hatchling kicked the pebble a little too hard, flinging it away. He gave a small cry as he realized he had accidentally lost his toy, but he was quickly distracted by a passing butterfly.

"I guess not."

She watched as he scampered after the butterfly, but it quickly flew out of reach, over Luana's shoulder. The Tundra gave a leap through the air, landing on Luana's leg, narrowly avoiding her fins. He crawled up her thigh to stand on her back. But the butterfly flew too high for him, even when standing on the Guardian. She held still beneath him, not wanting to make him fall.

"Oak? Uhm, Lumber? Vinnie - get it, like a vine? Because you're clinging all over me? No. Ahh... I've never done this before, you know. I've never had to name something, or - or, even take care of someone else." Luana groaned in frustration.

The Tundra walked over her outstretched neck, but his paw slipped. He almost fell to the ground, and but Luana was quick - quicker than she thought she'd be - and she managed to catch him in her paws, her claws away from his delicate features. He grinned up at her, hardly aware of how close he had been to serious injury.

"I grabbed you. Oh - Gabi?" she said, trying it out. He let out a sweet laugh. It felt right on her tongue - he clearly liked it. "Alright, then, hatch. Gabi it is!"

Luana survived through today's battles! She's now more than halfway to level 6, although I just stayed in the Training Fields - probably won't venture further until a few more levels.. I have no idea how to stat her lol. I thought I had a guide bookmarked, but .. I have a lot of bookmarks to wade through lol. :P
1u3H6jas.png
@clarax Oh my goodness this is too sweet and I love it. What is she gonna do when he grows up into a huge floof? I hope we learn more about Luana's past too :o
And the guide you are thinking of is here I think! If not that then probably this one. Guildie essentials, I keep them in a notepad file all of their own >u<
@clarax Oh my goodness this is too sweet and I love it. What is she gonna do when he grows up into a huge floof? I hope we learn more about Luana's past too :o
And the guide you are thinking of is here I think! If not that then probably this one. Guildie essentials, I keep them in a notepad file all of their own >u<
a1f80d3732a26eb2d3a0a0fc3cb161fa078301cd.png
Fletcher/ Kin | FR+1:00
any pronouns

Hatchery || Playlist Shop
Wishlist || IG
@Fletcher I hope Luana will be able to handle Gabi as he continues to grow! She was definitely not prepared for her Charge to be another dragon lol.

Thanks for the links! I have the second one bookmarked, but I didn't think it would work best for this challenge. That first one might work, I'll take a closer look through it tmr! ^_^
@Fletcher I hope Luana will be able to handle Gabi as he continues to grow! She was definitely not prepared for her Charge to be another dragon lol.

Thanks for the links! I have the second one bookmarked, but I didn't think it would work best for this challenge. That first one might work, I'll take a closer look through it tmr! ^_^
1u3H6jas.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14