Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Migrants from Oakrest
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 1584 1585
"dragons that don’t soon prove their worth are quickly and effectively shown the door"

omg I read this line
okay so, Ashfall looks kind of like Mordor
basically A+++ villain hangout

when I see this line, it makes me think that they just push all of the useless dragons into a volcano
"dragons that don’t soon prove their worth are quickly and effectively shown the door"

omg I read this line
okay so, Ashfall looks kind of like Mordor
basically A+++ villain hangout

when I see this line, it makes me think that they just push all of the useless dragons into a volcano
otQd63W.png
But DAAAAANG that graphic!!
But DAAAAANG that graphic!!
Volcanoes, maybe. It's probably easy to get away with murder hiding things in all of that pervasive steam and mist. :>
Volcanoes, maybe. It's probably easy to get away with murder hiding things in all of that pervasive steam and mist. :>
Oh yeah, the graphic. I meant to credit the Ashfall Waste art, it comes from kanamine.
Oh yeah, the graphic. I meant to credit the Ashfall Waste art, it comes from kanamine.
I have a question, actually, and this is a general thing. I'm trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do for my mire training spiral. My options right now are:

1) She is a gr8 person but her trainees keep sadly falling to Shade-possessed beast clan (read: are exalted as fast as I can train them)

2) She is a gr8 person and basically all of the above except her trainees survive and get sent to go wage a crusade or something

3) She is a serial murderer belonging to a blood-thirsty cult that demands blood sacrifices on a regular basis and all of her trainees are tragically exalt- I mean killed in line of duty

tldr:
1) yes but sad
2) yes but fine
3) BLOODY MURDER
I have a question, actually, and this is a general thing. I'm trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do for my mire training spiral. My options right now are:

1) She is a gr8 person but her trainees keep sadly falling to Shade-possessed beast clan (read: are exalted as fast as I can train them)

2) She is a gr8 person and basically all of the above except her trainees survive and get sent to go wage a crusade or something

3) She is a serial murderer belonging to a blood-thirsty cult that demands blood sacrifices on a regular basis and all of her trainees are tragically exalt- I mean killed in line of duty

tldr:
1) yes but sad
2) yes but fine
3) BLOODY MURDER
otQd63W.png
Hmmm. My mire trainer kinda takes dragons under his wing who already have a desire to be exalted, which is like their term for going to join this huge crusade. But, that's because his personality makes him the type of dragon who would do that... I like the idea of the sad mentor-whose-apprentices-keep-dying-why-oh-why type story. The murder cult thing is also pretty interesting and could be quite in depth if you wanted it to be, because... Wouldn't others eventually suspect? Is she working alone? I guess it depends on what type of dragon you see her as/ what/ how much you want to write. D:

I'm sorry I'm so not helpful lol
Hmmm. My mire trainer kinda takes dragons under his wing who already have a desire to be exalted, which is like their term for going to join this huge crusade. But, that's because his personality makes him the type of dragon who would do that... I like the idea of the sad mentor-whose-apprentices-keep-dying-why-oh-why type story. The murder cult thing is also pretty interesting and could be quite in depth if you wanted it to be, because... Wouldn't others eventually suspect? Is she working alone? I guess it depends on what type of dragon you see her as/ what/ how much you want to write. D:

I'm sorry I'm so not helpful lol
Weigh your options and think which one will still be interesting 3 to 6 months from now. A trainer is a HUGE investment, so you may want to pick lore that doesn't make you want to beat Past You with a stick every time you think of it three months down the road. They're all clever, but only you have to still deal with this stuff in the months ahead. The rest of us have to only when we feel like visiting your lair, lol.

(due to this problem, p much ALL my trainers have lore that their job is SOMETHING NOT RELATED TO THE COLI, because holy cow. the exception is Chandra, who lorewise I have declared is a Pillar Guard, and she is happy to train new exaltees to Rock Papa.)
Weigh your options and think which one will still be interesting 3 to 6 months from now. A trainer is a HUGE investment, so you may want to pick lore that doesn't make you want to beat Past You with a stick every time you think of it three months down the road. They're all clever, but only you have to still deal with this stuff in the months ahead. The rest of us have to only when we feel like visiting your lair, lol.

(due to this problem, p much ALL my trainers have lore that their job is SOMETHING NOT RELATED TO THE COLI, because holy cow. the exception is Chandra, who lorewise I have declared is a Pillar Guard, and she is happy to train new exaltees to Rock Papa.)
LOL NO that's really helpful

I'm probably going for either sad or murder right now. And yes, she does work alone hahaha. I have three level 25s that are all stoned differently. Meissa is my mire training so she's alone. Arcturus is stoned for strength so I often use him with Meissa to actually farm venues (not what I'm supposed to be doing lol but it works). Spica is my third and she is my priestess healer lady. She only shows up when I need to fight bosses 8I So basically any venue from Arena onwards

As far as I'm concerned, I just got a cult started anyways. I have a gen 2 imperial from um Kareka, I believe? His Bloody Flux clan is literally just a bunch of brainwashed dragons trying to spread plague across the world in the name of the Plaguebringer. My official Plague Chantry has labeled them extremists. .. And oh, yeah, I just updated the factions section in Caiph's bio, too nggh. Why do I have so many things going on?
LOL NO that's really helpful

I'm probably going for either sad or murder right now. And yes, she does work alone hahaha. I have three level 25s that are all stoned differently. Meissa is my mire training so she's alone. Arcturus is stoned for strength so I often use him with Meissa to actually farm venues (not what I'm supposed to be doing lol but it works). Spica is my third and she is my priestess healer lady. She only shows up when I need to fight bosses 8I So basically any venue from Arena onwards

As far as I'm concerned, I just got a cult started anyways. I have a gen 2 imperial from um Kareka, I believe? His Bloody Flux clan is literally just a bunch of brainwashed dragons trying to spread plague across the world in the name of the Plaguebringer. My official Plague Chantry has labeled them extremists. .. And oh, yeah, I just updated the factions section in Caiph's bio, too nggh. Why do I have so many things going on?
otQd63W.png
@limesparrow Um I wrote lore for Knowles but??? It's kind of joke lore. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30567922] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/305680/30567922_350.png[/img] [/url]
@limesparrow

Um I wrote lore for Knowles but??? It's kind of joke lore.

30567922_350.png
otQd63W.png
Aright, so my internet messed up twice after I'd written this guys lore and I still didn't learn my lesson and just work on it in a word document or something, but after 3 or 4 rewrites I finally have the start of something, so I wanted to share that I wrote something here. My bard Otiven has a backstory now, [s]and also he loves Boniface :0 He had to love him, I couldn't get it out of my head once the thought popped in there.[/s] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30366243] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/303663/30366243_350.png[/img] [/url] Eulerian I was creeping in your lair today and saw Adhara's art, it's so pretty :>
Aright, so my internet messed up twice after I'd written this guys lore and I still didn't learn my lesson and just work on it in a word document or something, but after 3 or 4 rewrites I finally have the start of something, so I wanted to share that I wrote something here. My bard Otiven has a backstory now, and also he loves Boniface :0 He had to love him, I couldn't get it out of my head once the thought popped in there.

30366243_350.png

Eulerian I was creeping in your lair today and saw Adhara's art, it's so pretty :>
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 1584 1585