Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Migrants from Oakrest
1 2 ... 647 648 649 650 651 ... 1584 1585
Oh wow, that really sucks! D:

Do you have any way you can get to a library so that you can use a public computer?

Edit: Oh man ixris. That's. Um. Really rough luck. D:
Oh wow, that really sucks! D:

Do you have any way you can get to a library so that you can use a public computer?

Edit: Oh man ixris. That's. Um. Really rough luck. D:
Ssnjyqq.pngGqCYo3Z.pngMjhcEqa.png0DjJJeq.pnggbzmCjn.pnggLKyC1J.pngC4p7R9l.pngV2CeOLQ.pngeQ6UJL0.png ICOy8Af.png
My friends and I have always joked that my super power is entropy. Electronics fail or get murdered around me REALLY HARD.

The most reliable machine in my house is my secondhand stand mixer (which the motor in it is going, but it's lasted about twelve years now - darn you gingerbread cookies for preschool!) and my refurbished sewing machine that cost me a cool hundred when I was 19, so like, older than the mixer, and while it jams the thread sometimes something awful, it just needs a little finesse in setting its dials to clear that up.

But give me something remotely intelligent and I'm going to electrocute it, or keep it dry and yet somehow give it water damage, or touch it and watch it shatter because my fingertips dared or ... well, you get the idea.

Remarkably I once dropped an ipod from the 2nd story balcony onto pavement TWICE and it survived. Only to go swimming in the washing machine later that week. *facepalm* Likewise, I once lost one while I was on the phone and found it outside in a pile of leaves during a rain storm. Totally no damage to it at all. Compliments to apple there.
My friends and I have always joked that my super power is entropy. Electronics fail or get murdered around me REALLY HARD.

The most reliable machine in my house is my secondhand stand mixer (which the motor in it is going, but it's lasted about twelve years now - darn you gingerbread cookies for preschool!) and my refurbished sewing machine that cost me a cool hundred when I was 19, so like, older than the mixer, and while it jams the thread sometimes something awful, it just needs a little finesse in setting its dials to clear that up.

But give me something remotely intelligent and I'm going to electrocute it, or keep it dry and yet somehow give it water damage, or touch it and watch it shatter because my fingertips dared or ... well, you get the idea.

Remarkably I once dropped an ipod from the 2nd story balcony onto pavement TWICE and it survived. Only to go swimming in the washing machine later that week. *facepalm* Likewise, I once lost one while I was on the phone and found it outside in a pile of leaves during a rain storm. Totally no damage to it at all. Compliments to apple there.
My grandmother's sewing machine and I don't get along. My grandmother doesn't like sewing either (this is why we both knit lol). She keeps threatening to leave it to me. xD I'm glad you know how to properly use one though! Super awesome skill to have even if it does jam. <3

I have this routine where I get home and empty my pockets, so thankfully I avoid putting things through the wash most of the time. My old iPod nano (which somehow still works thankfully so I haven't had to replace it) managed to fall out of my bag in a public parking lot and remained there for hours before I noted its absence and went in search of it. Amazingly it did not get run over (or if it had been it looked the same and still worked).
My grandmother's sewing machine and I don't get along. My grandmother doesn't like sewing either (this is why we both knit lol). She keeps threatening to leave it to me. xD I'm glad you know how to properly use one though! Super awesome skill to have even if it does jam. <3

I have this routine where I get home and empty my pockets, so thankfully I avoid putting things through the wash most of the time. My old iPod nano (which somehow still works thankfully so I haven't had to replace it) managed to fall out of my bag in a public parking lot and remained there for hours before I noted its absence and went in search of it. Amazingly it did not get run over (or if it had been it looked the same and still worked).
Ssnjyqq.pngGqCYo3Z.pngMjhcEqa.png0DjJJeq.pnggbzmCjn.pnggLKyC1J.pngC4p7R9l.pngV2CeOLQ.pngeQ6UJL0.png ICOy8Af.png
.... ixris if I ever get a dragon that is the epitome of bad luck it's going to be named after you
.... ixris if I ever get a dragon that is the epitome of bad luck it's going to be named after you
Maevely
jMfomZU.png ________________ ________________
nZDKsIn.png
WvEXipG.png
hzM3Sr2.png
H0t7Ypl.png
stream - that's fair. XD; I stole my username from an OC of mine from when I was way young, and he's always been kind of a patron deity of nasty happenings. Seems fitting, lol.

Sal - the nanos with the clip (the little square touchscreen ones) were the most amazing indestructible pieces of equipment. I forget how mine finally failed, but it took a blessedly long time to do so. I wind up buying a new nano every three years or so, because I use mine so hard and they just ... wow. But I am always surprised by the things they try to survive.

Also, I have stopped wearing pockets, since I wear skirts exclusively to work because there are no seams to rub along my inner thighs and aggravate the autism. Going to make for some super interesting conversations in fall when I go for the full androgyne haircut. :\ I keep telling my coworkers I cannot wait to cut my hair, and I have had some amazing precision bobs in the past, but I want something fantastically less feminine to help me figure some things out. Or maybe just make statements about things I have already figured out. Or something. *HANDS IN AIR*

But I seriously need pockets. Because where the heck am I supposed to put anything important while I bustle about the office. I hate clothing design so hard. :\ Which explains why I learned to sew, but I am too anxious to do so most of the time. .__.;;;;

ANYWAY I have gotten much better about not putting things in places that are horrible for them on accident, much more mindful of my belongings since I was way younger, but every now and again it's like ".... why did i do that i'm so dumb. D: oh no.'
stream - that's fair. XD; I stole my username from an OC of mine from when I was way young, and he's always been kind of a patron deity of nasty happenings. Seems fitting, lol.

Sal - the nanos with the clip (the little square touchscreen ones) were the most amazing indestructible pieces of equipment. I forget how mine finally failed, but it took a blessedly long time to do so. I wind up buying a new nano every three years or so, because I use mine so hard and they just ... wow. But I am always surprised by the things they try to survive.

Also, I have stopped wearing pockets, since I wear skirts exclusively to work because there are no seams to rub along my inner thighs and aggravate the autism. Going to make for some super interesting conversations in fall when I go for the full androgyne haircut. :\ I keep telling my coworkers I cannot wait to cut my hair, and I have had some amazing precision bobs in the past, but I want something fantastically less feminine to help me figure some things out. Or maybe just make statements about things I have already figured out. Or something. *HANDS IN AIR*

But I seriously need pockets. Because where the heck am I supposed to put anything important while I bustle about the office. I hate clothing design so hard. :\ Which explains why I learned to sew, but I am too anxious to do so most of the time. .__.;;;;

ANYWAY I have gotten much better about not putting things in places that are horrible for them on accident, much more mindful of my belongings since I was way younger, but every now and again it's like ".... why did i do that i'm so dumb. D: oh no.'
Mine's the...rectangular one, not the square one, and it doesn't have a clip. (I might have the wrong name for it, sorry. I've had it since 2008 or 2009 or something.) It lives in a zippered pouch thing that lives in my car most of the time since I pretty much just use it there, but I have to take it inside to charge it, and that's when potential problems occur. xD;;

Yes, anything female clothes tends to fail at pockets spectacularly. Like if there are pockets, they're just for show or something and don't...actually hold anything? I will wear skirts/dresses on occasion/if I have to (like hello no air conditioning at work we will dig through the closet and find whatever we can that I can wear without a jacket over it because also who the heck designs sleeveless stuff it never fits right), but if I can wear pants with decent pockets that is what I automatically reach for.

Cargo pants are the best, but men's pants don't necessarily fit women forms very well sadly. I did find a cargo kilt once and it is amazing because skirt like thing plus pockets. :D

I'm super sorry that seams bother you because oi that would be so, so annoying.

Good luck with your hair cut! I hope you like it and it helps you figure things out. I like short hair, but my hair does some weird cowlick/flip things when it's short, and I super hate putting product in my hair. I am also super lazy when it comes to my hair (it is straight and boring), so usually it grows out -> I finally get it cut after a couple of years and donate it -> it grows out again.

I guess I don't really think much about hair as an expression of gender, though when I see someone from the back and they have long hair I'm more likely to think female than male (opposite for a buzz cut). Like I don't really think of my long hair as being girly...but then I just really don't care about my gender much at all. My body shape would never let me be fully androgynous, regrettably, so there's that.
Mine's the...rectangular one, not the square one, and it doesn't have a clip. (I might have the wrong name for it, sorry. I've had it since 2008 or 2009 or something.) It lives in a zippered pouch thing that lives in my car most of the time since I pretty much just use it there, but I have to take it inside to charge it, and that's when potential problems occur. xD;;

Yes, anything female clothes tends to fail at pockets spectacularly. Like if there are pockets, they're just for show or something and don't...actually hold anything? I will wear skirts/dresses on occasion/if I have to (like hello no air conditioning at work we will dig through the closet and find whatever we can that I can wear without a jacket over it because also who the heck designs sleeveless stuff it never fits right), but if I can wear pants with decent pockets that is what I automatically reach for.

Cargo pants are the best, but men's pants don't necessarily fit women forms very well sadly. I did find a cargo kilt once and it is amazing because skirt like thing plus pockets. :D

I'm super sorry that seams bother you because oi that would be so, so annoying.

Good luck with your hair cut! I hope you like it and it helps you figure things out. I like short hair, but my hair does some weird cowlick/flip things when it's short, and I super hate putting product in my hair. I am also super lazy when it comes to my hair (it is straight and boring), so usually it grows out -> I finally get it cut after a couple of years and donate it -> it grows out again.

I guess I don't really think much about hair as an expression of gender, though when I see someone from the back and they have long hair I'm more likely to think female than male (opposite for a buzz cut). Like I don't really think of my long hair as being girly...but then I just really don't care about my gender much at all. My body shape would never let me be fully androgynous, regrettably, so there's that.
I am so proud of all the lore everyone is getting done around here. People hangin' out with dragons on airships, and on islands, and in libraries, [s]and dying of plague,[/s] and all kinds of good stuff. Seriously, proud of all of you. <3 (I'm still chipping away at my marimo Tundra silliness- and by the way if anyone wants to laugh, remember what ixris said the other day about being surprised by algae in the fridge? [img]http://i.imgur.com/UBi2jUB.jpg[/img] Look it's hot here OK the kids don't like to be above 80.)
I am so proud of all the lore everyone is getting done around here.

People hangin' out with dragons on airships, and on islands, and in libraries, and dying of plague, and all kinds of good stuff. Seriously, proud of all of you. <3

(I'm still chipping away at my marimo Tundra silliness- and by the way if anyone wants to laugh, remember what ixris said the other day about being surprised by algae in the fridge?
UBi2jUB.jpg
Look it's hot here OK the kids don't like to be above 80.)

hh5n4WA.png
Wn94zHr.png
UTDCqkh.png
QUIpVFE.png
mlHpBMC.png

dRCKSyU.png
@Quis - Aww, such adorable marimo, I love it. <3

And oh no, do you guys not have air? Here I am complaining about no air at work but at least I have it at home. ;_;
@Quis - Aww, such adorable marimo, I love it. <3

And oh no, do you guys not have air? Here I am complaining about no air at work but at least I have it at home. ;_;
I have this enormous pelvis, and I recently started trying to work out because I missed having muscle tone and I was tired of being tired all the time, so my pelvis is back to being the defining aspect of my figure - yaaaay but also aarrggghh, because HOLY COW IT IS HUGE. :\ I was once accused by a friend of taking up too much space in public transport on purpose, and I was like "Look, I have a wall one one side. If you want to compress my bone mass to let you fit in the seat beside me, please do so, I would love it." This piece of calcium embedded within my meat cocoon has caused me so much grief in terms of ripped pants all over the place that it's not really even worth it to me. Like, curvy pants don't fit right because the waist doesn't grip my waist (belts are the worst - all I feel is trapped), and anything besides those is just like laughable to even try to put on because they will not over the iliac crests that try to poke peoples' eyes out from across the room. :\

But I remember cargo pants when I was in high school. I was super jealous of the guys who wore them, because they were not "cool" for girls at the time. I have a pair of capris now that have A SINGLE CARGO POCKET, and they're like ... if you breathe on them they will tear, because the fabric isn't really rugged at all. :\ Big hassle.

My hair is kind of C3 with some C4 plus some super straight (A1?) shoved in there for funsies because genetics hate me. I refuse to product it, because I'm allergic to 90% of things and what I'm not allergic to I'm hypersensitive to, so it's like "HAHAHAHAHAHA no." But I do the same with the 'grow out, cut, donate, rinse, repeat' usually.

But I've always wanted to have either a pixie cut or a straight-up buzzed look. And while I don't know if hair expresses gender TO ME, it does express style and fashion, which are things I love, and I am so tired of being in Boring White Town with people who are like "ugh this celebrity man wore a dress to this event" and i'm like "YOOO!!!" and they're all like "WHAT IS WRONG WITH HUMANS YOU ARE BORN WITH PARTS AND THOSE DEFINE YOUR GENDER" and I'm just like "........ D: guys i usually respect you what are you doing here."

From behind with my v long hair, I have been mistaken for male more than once, lol. It's a lot of how I walk and carry myself, which is partly attitude problems (OR ATTITUDE SUCCESS???? 8D ) and partly how I walk to stop my hips from hurting, lol. But yeah, I mean, being face blind and stuff, I usually go for voice / diction / clothing used to present as a given gender to figure someone out. BECAUSE ALL Y'ALL LOOK THE SAME TO ME. D:

I would like to point out here that I learned the other day that gender is how you identify, not how society perceives you. So even if your body is curvy as heck, if you id as androgyne or genderqueer or agender or demiboy / demigirl or whatever, and your body shape does not support that, it does not invalidate you in any way shape or form. You ARE what YOU label yourself, and nothing anyone says can change that. There is no "too curvy" for androgyne or "too busty" or "too buff" or anything like that. There is 'buff in a way that doesn't subscribe to society's expectation of androgyne' but f them hard. And i knew this, but it took it being spelled out to me for it to hit home, and I just started crying.

Because I needed to hear that.

'Cause I got some curves. And they ain't going nowhere. :\

Time to post some kids.
I have this enormous pelvis, and I recently started trying to work out because I missed having muscle tone and I was tired of being tired all the time, so my pelvis is back to being the defining aspect of my figure - yaaaay but also aarrggghh, because HOLY COW IT IS HUGE. :\ I was once accused by a friend of taking up too much space in public transport on purpose, and I was like "Look, I have a wall one one side. If you want to compress my bone mass to let you fit in the seat beside me, please do so, I would love it." This piece of calcium embedded within my meat cocoon has caused me so much grief in terms of ripped pants all over the place that it's not really even worth it to me. Like, curvy pants don't fit right because the waist doesn't grip my waist (belts are the worst - all I feel is trapped), and anything besides those is just like laughable to even try to put on because they will not over the iliac crests that try to poke peoples' eyes out from across the room. :\

But I remember cargo pants when I was in high school. I was super jealous of the guys who wore them, because they were not "cool" for girls at the time. I have a pair of capris now that have A SINGLE CARGO POCKET, and they're like ... if you breathe on them they will tear, because the fabric isn't really rugged at all. :\ Big hassle.

My hair is kind of C3 with some C4 plus some super straight (A1?) shoved in there for funsies because genetics hate me. I refuse to product it, because I'm allergic to 90% of things and what I'm not allergic to I'm hypersensitive to, so it's like "HAHAHAHAHAHA no." But I do the same with the 'grow out, cut, donate, rinse, repeat' usually.

But I've always wanted to have either a pixie cut or a straight-up buzzed look. And while I don't know if hair expresses gender TO ME, it does express style and fashion, which are things I love, and I am so tired of being in Boring White Town with people who are like "ugh this celebrity man wore a dress to this event" and i'm like "YOOO!!!" and they're all like "WHAT IS WRONG WITH HUMANS YOU ARE BORN WITH PARTS AND THOSE DEFINE YOUR GENDER" and I'm just like "........ D: guys i usually respect you what are you doing here."

From behind with my v long hair, I have been mistaken for male more than once, lol. It's a lot of how I walk and carry myself, which is partly attitude problems (OR ATTITUDE SUCCESS???? 8D ) and partly how I walk to stop my hips from hurting, lol. But yeah, I mean, being face blind and stuff, I usually go for voice / diction / clothing used to present as a given gender to figure someone out. BECAUSE ALL Y'ALL LOOK THE SAME TO ME. D:

I would like to point out here that I learned the other day that gender is how you identify, not how society perceives you. So even if your body is curvy as heck, if you id as androgyne or genderqueer or agender or demiboy / demigirl or whatever, and your body shape does not support that, it does not invalidate you in any way shape or form. You ARE what YOU label yourself, and nothing anyone says can change that. There is no "too curvy" for androgyne or "too busty" or "too buff" or anything like that. There is 'buff in a way that doesn't subscribe to society's expectation of androgyne' but f them hard. And i knew this, but it took it being spelled out to me for it to hit home, and I just started crying.

Because I needed to hear that.

'Cause I got some curves. And they ain't going nowhere. :\

Time to post some kids.
We have air! :) My room has a small wall unit, but the way the furniture is set up it echoes and thrums really loud, and I can't be in here with it on. :\ so mostly I let it run until I'm ready to spend time in it, and then shut it off, lol.

The main house has its own wall unit, and it's a beast from the 70s or something, but it works. Well. For the great room anyway. I swear, when this house had walls it at least pushed the air around instead of letting it sink away.

Our windows are total crap, tho, and don't seal properly AND aren't insulated. So. That happens.

But the moss balls just like being way cooler than we keep the house, lol.
We have air! :) My room has a small wall unit, but the way the furniture is set up it echoes and thrums really loud, and I can't be in here with it on. :\ so mostly I let it run until I'm ready to spend time in it, and then shut it off, lol.

The main house has its own wall unit, and it's a beast from the 70s or something, but it works. Well. For the great room anyway. I swear, when this house had walls it at least pushed the air around instead of letting it sink away.

Our windows are total crap, tho, and don't seal properly AND aren't insulated. So. That happens.

But the moss balls just like being way cooler than we keep the house, lol.
1 2 ... 647 648 649 650 651 ... 1584 1585