Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Migrants from Oakrest
1 2 ... 645 646 647 648 649 ... 1584 1585
I mean, Prufrock is kiiiiiinda a lending library. Emrys might let you take a book or two back to your lair (on the island). He only lets the traveling librarians take books he has extra copies of off the island, though.
I mean, Prufrock is kiiiiiinda a lending library. Emrys might let you take a book or two back to your lair (on the island). He only lets the traveling librarians take books he has extra copies of off the island, though.
Ssnjyqq.pngGqCYo3Z.pngMjhcEqa.png0DjJJeq.pnggbzmCjn.pnggLKyC1J.pngC4p7R9l.pngV2CeOLQ.pngeQ6UJL0.png ICOy8Af.png
GM - Yes, I've done that, but I always save it somewhere just in case I end up liking it better than what I write next.
GM - Yes, I've done that, but I always save it somewhere just in case I end up liking it better than what I write next.
Ssnjyqq.pngGqCYo3Z.pngMjhcEqa.png0DjJJeq.pnggbzmCjn.pnggLKyC1J.pngC4p7R9l.pngV2CeOLQ.pngeQ6UJL0.png ICOy8Af.png
GM - YES. *gestures at Ayu's brother's lore, 1800 words and TOTALLY TERRIBLE to the point where I can't even consider it right now. :\ *
GM - YES. *gestures at Ayu's brother's lore, 1800 words and TOTALLY TERRIBLE to the point where I can't even consider it right now. :\ *
Meanwhile what you both consider horrible I would probably love? But somehow it's different when it's your own stuff. :/
Meanwhile what you both consider horrible I would probably love? But somehow it's different when it's your own stuff. :/
I just wrote sooo much for airship dragon background thing because I really love the idea of writing about the ship being found and/or stolen but I'm like... Stop now while ahead or keep pushing on and potentially be so self-critical that I hate it and have wasted my time.
I just wrote sooo much for airship dragon background thing because I really love the idea of writing about the ship being found and/or stolen but I'm like... Stop now while ahead or keep pushing on and potentially be so self-critical that I hate it and have wasted my time.
GM - Mmm, killjoy of an inner editor you've got there. :\ Are you keeping any of it?
GM - Mmm, killjoy of an inner editor you've got there. :\ Are you keeping any of it?
I'll save it all and probably keep the beginning but I'm scrapping a lot of it now. Some days the ideas just seem so good and then others, I look back and really hate what I wrote the day before.
I'll save it all and probably keep the beginning but I'm scrapping a lot of it now. Some days the ideas just seem so good and then others, I look back and really hate what I wrote the day before.
I feel that on a spiritual level GM. My clan is still forming so I'm taking some liberties with my dragons (the random progen is going to be getting another scatter when I get a job, and I have a renaming scroll waiting for when I decide to rename him) so my mind isn't really thinking about their stories
I feel that on a spiritual level GM. My clan is still forming so I'm taking some liberties with my dragons (the random progen is going to be getting another scatter when I get a job, and I have a renaming scroll waiting for when I decide to rename him) so my mind isn't really thinking about their stories
Maevely
jMfomZU.png ________________ ________________
nZDKsIn.png
WvEXipG.png
hzM3Sr2.png
H0t7Ypl.png
I'm both glad and sad that I'm not the only one who does this - glad that it's not just me, and sad that others have to go through this stuff too. :c
I'm both glad and sad that I'm not the only one who does this - glad that it's not just me, and sad that others have to go through this stuff too. :c
DANG IT. Ixris, I was looking back in the early parts of this thread and??? I FORGOT ABOUT THIS: [quote=ixris]Eulerian - The thing I MEANT to actually answer was what you wrote re Hodges. And what I MEANT to say was this: Well I mean you can, but how you gonna get that letter in there, friend? Blackshore's job is p much making sure civilians don't get hurt by stumbling around into something they shouldn't stumble into, so even with your pebbles, you're gonna get a cranky guardian looking mildly relieved that a capable Hunter survived, but also frowning at anyone stupid enough to want to open the doors while some bad crap goes down. (Oh man, does it read like the zombie apocolypse / mummy returns?? D: My chops are not sharp enough, clearly!) [/quote] [quote=Eulerian]" frowning at anyone stupid enough to want to open the doors while some bad crap goes down. " I am sure I can find somebody sufficiently foolhardy / young enough for this task. Or just use MagiC *jazz hands* And lol just ignore me here. I like coming up with nicknames for stuff. Oak rest in my mind is now Tombrest because HOW DARE YOU[/quote] [quote=ixris]Ten years later..... "Oh hey where'd this letter come from?? Haven't been down this tunnel in AGES... Wonder who this Hodges kid is anyway...? Also GUYS??? I THINK SOMEONE GOT IN???"[/quote] [quote=Eulerian]One day, one of my level 25 spirals makes through to the Doomsman- I mean Blackshore. It's Arcturus who despite being really well learned and intelligent, is also energetic by even spiral standards. There is are multiple spears in his body, claw marks on his face, and he is slightly singed. He twitches -and not from pain- and says "hi Hodges is fine and here is a letter for you nice tunnels you got man" and then he just casually leaves to go investigate a pile of rocks nearby. Inside the letter, it's all like " yes this Hodges and I am fine. This spiral is Arcturus and he claims to be immortal. I have personally seen him crushed by a four ton boulder, buried in lava, disembowled, and stuck in a nest of Speedies for two weeks. After that, I felt like I wasn't qualified to argue with him on the subject. Yes he volunteered to come and yes I told him it was a stupid idea. He insisted and another spiral told me that bad things happen when Arcturus is denied from doing Fun Dangerous Things. Also yo Shula's oldest youngest kid is here."[/quote] [quote=ixris]And Blackshore looks at this letter for half a tick and stares at the spiral and very casually LOOMS over him for a while until she gets his attention and is just like "Excuse me, but LEAVE???" before taking the letter back to her cave to be like "Hello. This text here signifies an extremely well-written letter inquiring towards your health and my general surprise. Everyone here is probably dead. How are you not also? I thought you were inside?" And then frowns at herself for not knowing where to send this to, so she just catches a nearby vulture, tapes the letter to its body (pinning the wings and whatnot) and football-throws it in the direction she THINKS she saw that spiral go and hopes for the best. Months later when she bothers to visit Bordeaux who is sulking in his trees she just casually mentions that Hodges is probably alive and Bordeaux is like "DLDALTH:WLERTJQ:LJ!!!!!?!??? WHERE!?!?!?" and she just shrugs because stuff that happens OUTSIDE this enormous canyon is none of her business and she don't care. The True Fae aren't coming, so it's not really like she needs to be all hopped up on "WHAT WHERE HOW NOW!?!?!" (Blackshore & Lightshow - the LAST DRAGONS you would EVER EXPECT to be fandragons to my tabletop hobby)[/quote] [quote=Eulerian]"Everyone here is probably dead. " WOW UPLIFTING[/quote] Should we have done this instead
DANG IT. Ixris, I was looking back in the early parts of this thread and??? I FORGOT ABOUT THIS:
ixris wrote:
Eulerian - The thing I MEANT to actually answer was what you wrote re Hodges. And what I MEANT to say was this:

Well I mean you can, but how you gonna get that letter in there, friend? Blackshore's job is p much making sure civilians don't get hurt by stumbling around into something they shouldn't stumble into, so even with your pebbles, you're gonna get a cranky guardian looking mildly relieved that a capable Hunter survived, but also frowning at anyone stupid enough to want to open the doors while some bad crap goes down.

(Oh man, does it read like the zombie apocolypse / mummy returns?? D: My chops are not sharp enough, clearly!)
Eulerian wrote:
" frowning at anyone stupid enough to want to open the doors while some bad crap goes down. " I am sure I can find somebody sufficiently foolhardy / young enough for this task. Or just use MagiC *jazz hands*

And lol just ignore me here. I like coming up with nicknames for stuff. Oak rest in my mind is now Tombrest because HOW DARE YOU
ixris wrote:
Ten years later..... "Oh hey where'd this letter come from?? Haven't been down this tunnel in AGES... Wonder who this Hodges kid is anyway...? Also GUYS??? I THINK SOMEONE GOT IN???"
Eulerian wrote:
One day, one of my level 25 spirals makes through to the Doomsman- I mean Blackshore. It's Arcturus who despite being really well learned and intelligent, is also energetic by even spiral standards. There is are multiple spears in his body, claw marks on his face, and he is slightly singed. He twitches -and not from pain- and says "hi Hodges is fine and here is a letter for you nice tunnels you got man" and then he just casually leaves to go investigate a pile of rocks nearby.

Inside the letter, it's all like " yes this Hodges and I am fine. This spiral is Arcturus and he claims to be immortal. I have personally seen him crushed by a four ton boulder, buried in lava, disembowled, and stuck in a nest of Speedies for two weeks. After that, I felt like I wasn't qualified to argue with him on the subject. Yes he volunteered to come and yes I told him it was a stupid idea. He insisted and another spiral told me that bad things happen when Arcturus is denied from doing Fun Dangerous Things.

Also yo Shula's oldest youngest kid is here."
ixris wrote:
And Blackshore looks at this letter for half a tick and stares at the spiral and very casually LOOMS over him for a while until she gets his attention and is just like "Excuse me, but LEAVE???" before taking the letter back to her cave to be like "Hello. This text here signifies an extremely well-written letter inquiring towards your health and my general surprise. Everyone here is probably dead. How are you not also? I thought you were inside?" And then frowns at herself for not knowing where to send this to, so she just catches a nearby vulture, tapes the letter to its body (pinning the wings and whatnot) and football-throws it in the direction she THINKS she saw that spiral go and hopes for the best.

Months later when she bothers to visit Bordeaux who is sulking in his trees she just casually mentions that Hodges is probably alive and Bordeaux is like "DLDALTH:WLERTJQ:LJ!!!!!?!??? WHERE!?!?!?" and she just shrugs because stuff that happens OUTSIDE this enormous canyon is none of her business and she don't care. The True Fae aren't coming, so it's not really like she needs to be all hopped up on "WHAT WHERE HOW NOW!?!?!" (Blackshore & Lightshow - the LAST DRAGONS you would EVER EXPECT to be fandragons to my tabletop hobby)
Eulerian wrote:
"Everyone here is probably dead. "

WOW UPLIFTING

Should we have done this instead
otQd63W.png
1 2 ... 645 646 647 648 649 ... 1584 1585