Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Kali's Detailed Lair Reviews [Open]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Kalistys awesome, thank you!!
@Kalistys awesome, thank you!!
hopping_magpie_by_tathym-daeyqxz.gif cowboy | 19 | he/himhopping_magpie_by_tathym-daeyqxz.gif
@Anubiis Here you go! [b]First impressions: Clan[/b] I like your clan page! It is well organized and does a good job of providing links to info about your clan on FR (lore) and also provides information about you, the person. It is pleasant to look at and I'm glad it doesn't require any horizontal scrolling. It does go a little off the first page vertically, it would be nice if all the links and the two horizontal lines were visible, it would be a bit more aesthetically pleasing. Regarding the text, the parts that me, the viewer, are supposed to be able to read are sufficiently large (the rest is so tiny I have no idea how you can read it yourself, lol!). I really like your clan seal! I'm assuming you designed it yourself since I don't see any art credit. [b]First impressions: Lair[/b] Nice variety! Diversity is good in my book :) Looks like you have nine of the FR breeds on your first page, which is impressive. Looks like you have a lot of male imperials - 13 of the 50 dragons on pages 1-3 - and only one female, which is really interesting. Nice mix of male and female poses which adds to the diversity. I get the impression you are in the process of dressing your dragons - some appear fully dressed (Tia, Europa, Gale, Clouse, to name a few) while others are naked in comparison (Hikari, Erek, Cleo/Cirro, Alumena). Perhaps a way to balance out those dragons while you acquire apparel would be to put accents or skins on them? Without the banner at the top I wouldn't have known you were a Lightning lair- your dragons could fit in anywhere, really. As a result, I don't get a cohesive aesthetic or unifying theme from your lair - it appears to be a mix of dragons that you like dressed in ways that complement them. It gives your lair a very welcoming vibe - anyone can find a place in your clan! You have a good eye for matching colors in apparel in interesting ways, most of the dragons that I see have complimenting colors and cohesive apparel choices that are well-layered. [b]Lore and Bios[/b] I see that the vibe I got from your lair was correct! "The Clan is welcoming to all who think similar to them" Although... does this mean that any dissension or differences of opinion are squelched? Sounds a bit like that. Anyway, I like that you have a separate lorebook where you've got ideas and stories about your clan. Here are more thoughts about your lorebook [LIST] [*]First, I had to increase my monitor resolution to read your lore. The font is too small to comfortably read - it would be helpful if you notched it up a point. [*]The length of The Story is good. It's short enough to read quickly but long enough to provide sufficient info. [*]In contrast The World is a wall of text that I found it difficult to read - and not just because of the text size. Paragraphs with topic sentences would help, to provide some breathing room. Also, of the 5 specific players (dragons?) I clicked on 3 of them were apparently exalted. Seems it's time for an update! [*]Not having ever heard of NinjaGo before I was a bit lost.. is this not Sorneith? Are you not playing in the same realm as the rest of us? are the Temples you refer to (Light, Lightning, etc) the same as the Flights in Sorneith? Is the continent an island within the Lightning Realm? I think that lore that is completely separate from Sorneith is cool, but it seems like you've got a hybrid-system going on that needs more explanation. [*]Given the complexity of The World a map would be very helpful!! [/LIST] Regarding your bios, it looks like you have a few different formats. Some have just a few dividers and haven't really been formatted (i.e. Gale) Some have the center column but not the borders (i.e. Vine), some have a fully formatted bio by Ella (i.e. Kai, Cole), and a few have another format (Tia). I really like the Ella formatted bio, it's easy to read! The one that you've used for Tia and Lloyd has very small text that is cut off on the right side. [url=http://imgur.com/qfxfGFB.png] Here's [/url]a screenshot I took. It's so cool you've got such great art of your dragons! I think it would look better below the text of the bios, though, like for [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=195681&tab=dragon&did=19690734]Troy[/url]. [b]Specific dragons[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23969338] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/239694/23969338_350.png[/img] [/url] First, Tia. She is beautiful! You've done a great job with her apparel, it really gives her a sense of spirituality and accents the wonderful colors in her genes (that butterfly!). She doesn't seem well suited to the life of a ninja if she hates blood. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21073730] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/210738/21073730_350.png[/img] [/url] Second, Reaper. He looks like death on legs, you've accented his plague colors perfectly. My only complaint is that I almost missed his cool bio because I had to scroll through his (admittedly amazing) art. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26296999] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/262970/26296999_350.png[/img] [/url] Clay is a dragon I think could use some love and attention. I find that both of his apparel sets (burlap and burnished) clash with his sable and dirt colors. I think he would look stunning with the Brutal gladiators set or the Lions armor set, or with plain white apparel. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26229783] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/262298/26229783_350.png[/img] [/url] Although I love the solar flame set, Caledon looks a bit like he's drowning in it. Perhaps you could take off the cloak and give it to someone else? Sometimes less is more. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26546743] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/265468/26546743_350.png[/img] [/url] Jekusea is stunning. Obsidian and white, with his white apparel - he is simple and yet regal. I am getting a priest vibe from him. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19690734] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/196908/19690734_350.png[/img] [/url] I find Troy a bit confusing. He's a light dragon, with a lightning accent, red apparel, and yet shadow accents and familiar? I think he would be better served by a more cohesive theme. Lastly, shoutouts to [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=195681&tab=dragon&did=26097872]Europa[/url], Gale, Pixel, and Autumn, who are all stunning.
@Anubiis Here you go!

First impressions: Clan
I like your clan page! It is well organized and does a good job of providing links to info about your clan on FR (lore) and also provides information about you, the person. It is pleasant to look at and I'm glad it doesn't require any horizontal scrolling. It does go a little off the first page vertically, it would be nice if all the links and the two horizontal lines were visible, it would be a bit more aesthetically pleasing. Regarding the text, the parts that me, the viewer, are supposed to be able to read are sufficiently large (the rest is so tiny I have no idea how you can read it yourself, lol!). I really like your clan seal! I'm assuming you designed it yourself since I don't see any art credit.

First impressions: Lair
Nice variety! Diversity is good in my book :) Looks like you have nine of the FR breeds on your first page, which is impressive. Looks like you have a lot of male imperials - 13 of the 50 dragons on pages 1-3 - and only one female, which is really interesting. Nice mix of male and female poses which adds to the diversity.

I get the impression you are in the process of dressing your dragons - some appear fully dressed (Tia, Europa, Gale, Clouse, to name a few) while others are naked in comparison (Hikari, Erek, Cleo/Cirro, Alumena). Perhaps a way to balance out those dragons while you acquire apparel would be to put accents or skins on them?

Without the banner at the top I wouldn't have known you were a Lightning lair- your dragons could fit in anywhere, really. As a result, I don't get a cohesive aesthetic or unifying theme from your lair - it appears to be a mix of dragons that you like dressed in ways that complement them. It gives your lair a very welcoming vibe - anyone can find a place in your clan! You have a good eye for matching colors in apparel in interesting ways, most of the dragons that I see have complimenting colors and cohesive apparel choices that are well-layered.

Lore and Bios
I see that the vibe I got from your lair was correct! "The Clan is welcoming to all who think similar to them" Although... does this mean that any dissension or differences of opinion are squelched? Sounds a bit like that. Anyway, I like that you have a separate lorebook where you've got ideas and stories about your clan. Here are more thoughts about your lorebook
  • First, I had to increase my monitor resolution to read your lore. The font is too small to comfortably read - it would be helpful if you notched it up a point.
  • The length of The Story is good. It's short enough to read quickly but long enough to provide sufficient info.
  • In contrast The World is a wall of text that I found it difficult to read - and not just because of the text size. Paragraphs with topic sentences would help, to provide some breathing room. Also, of the 5 specific players (dragons?) I clicked on 3 of them were apparently exalted. Seems it's time for an update!
  • Not having ever heard of NinjaGo before I was a bit lost.. is this not Sorneith? Are you not playing in the same realm as the rest of us? are the Temples you refer to (Light, Lightning, etc) the same as the Flights in Sorneith? Is the continent an island within the Lightning Realm? I think that lore that is completely separate from Sorneith is cool, but it seems like you've got a hybrid-system going on that needs more explanation.
  • Given the complexity of The World a map would be very helpful!!

Regarding your bios, it looks like you have a few different formats. Some have just a few dividers and haven't really been formatted (i.e. Gale) Some have the center column but not the borders (i.e. Vine), some have a fully formatted bio by Ella (i.e. Kai, Cole), and a few have another format (Tia). I really like the Ella formatted bio, it's easy to read! The one that you've used for Tia and Lloyd has very small text that is cut off on the right side. Here's a screenshot I took. It's so cool you've got such great art of your dragons! I think it would look better below the text of the bios, though, like for Troy.

Specific dragons

23969338_350.png

First, Tia. She is beautiful! You've done a great job with her apparel, it really gives her a sense of spirituality and accents the wonderful colors in her genes (that butterfly!). She doesn't seem well suited to the life of a ninja if she hates blood.

21073730_350.png

Second, Reaper. He looks like death on legs, you've accented his plague colors perfectly. My only complaint is that I almost missed his cool bio because I had to scroll through his (admittedly amazing) art.

26296999_350.png

Clay is a dragon I think could use some love and attention. I find that both of his apparel sets (burlap and burnished) clash with his sable and dirt colors. I think he would look stunning with the Brutal gladiators set or the Lions armor set, or with plain white apparel.

26229783_350.png

Although I love the solar flame set, Caledon looks a bit like he's drowning in it. Perhaps you could take off the cloak and give it to someone else? Sometimes less is more.

26546743_350.png

Jekusea is stunning. Obsidian and white, with his white apparel - he is simple and yet regal. I am getting a priest vibe from him.

19690734_350.png

I find Troy a bit confusing. He's a light dragon, with a lightning accent, red apparel, and yet shadow accents and familiar? I think he would be better served by a more cohesive theme.

Lastly, shoutouts to Europa, Gale, Pixel, and Autumn, who are all stunning.
@Kalistys, AHHHHHHHH

Thank you so much for the feedback, the lore is a mess right now since Im on my way of getting everyone accents and apparel (clay, plz, sTOP BEING A DIFFICULT HIPPIE)

Troy is also a mess, I got find a Shadow Dragon, since es ninja of darkness, and good accent and apparel to fit him well XD

The artist of the logo kinda poofed! And I had forgotten their name too, which sucks big time xc
@Kalistys, AHHHHHHHH

Thank you so much for the feedback, the lore is a mess right now since Im on my way of getting everyone accents and apparel (clay, plz, sTOP BEING A DIFFICULT HIPPIE)

Troy is also a mess, I got find a Shadow Dragon, since es ninja of darkness, and good accent and apparel to fit him well XD

The artist of the logo kinda poofed! And I had forgotten their name too, which sucks big time xc
sdSRvlV.png
@Kalistys All right so I am kind of scared but I also kind of want people to read my lore :P But the review you posted here seems super fair and honest! And I would like to know what other people think of my dragons, so here we gooo. [b]User[/b] Basilius [b]Lair link[/b] [url]http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=238076[/url] [b]Payment type[/b] Well I've got all the Kamaitachi Blades you need, and [item=untamed claws] but I can also pay you 35kt x) [b]Review delivery[/b] the forum is good! Optional [b]Dragons or pages to ignore[/b] I don't have many dragons yet x) only the first page are permadragons, the rest is probably fodder. The last three dragons on page one are gen ones that are going to be my Big Project For Next Year, so they're all still naked [b]Things to focus on[/b] the good things, meheh. The lore is a thing I try to keep up to date. Also do not focus on the art I still need to resize :P [b]Lair review style[/b] I'd say kind and humorous, but obviously if you want to add a critical note you are more than welcome, it is a review after all!
@Kalistys
All right so I am kind of scared but I also kind of want people to read my lore :P
But the review you posted here seems super fair and honest! And I would like to know what other people think of my dragons, so here we gooo.

User Basilius
Lair link http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=238076
Payment type Well I've got all the Kamaitachi Blades you need, and Untamed Claws but I can also pay you 35kt x)
Review delivery the forum is good!

Optional
Dragons or pages to ignore I don't have many dragons yet x) only the first page are permadragons, the rest is probably fodder. The last three dragons on page one are gen ones that are going to be my Big Project For Next Year, so they're all still naked
Things to focus on the good things, meheh. The lore is a thing I try to keep up to date. Also do not focus on the art I still need to resize :P
Lair review style I'd say kind and humorous, but obviously if you want to add a critical note you are more than welcome, it is a review after all!
Ef84x2q.png ozDAjIE.png
znuJtTb.png
@Basilius Thank you for your order! Next ping you get from me should be for your order :) Any of that for payment sounds good!
@Basilius Thank you for your order! Next ping you get from me should be for your order :) Any of that for payment sounds good!
@kalistys
I've never had a lair review, I'd like to purchase one in treasure! I'm working on filling out your template!

User: ElphabaThropp
Lair link:Here!
Payment type: (treasure, gems, art, items)
Review delivery: (forum, PM, tumblr)

Optional
Dragons or pages to ignore:After Enchantment on page 3
Things to focus on: Anything you like!
Lair review style: (analytical, humorous, harsh, kind, etc) Analytical, what could I do better?
@kalistys
I've never had a lair review, I'd like to purchase one in treasure! I'm working on filling out your template!

User: ElphabaThropp
Payment type: (treasure, gems, art, items)
Review delivery: (forum, PM, tumblr)

Optional
Dragons or pages to ignore:After Enchantment on page 3
Things to focus on: Anything you like!
Lair review style: (analytical, humorous, harsh, kind, etc) Analytical, what could I do better?
•I no longer play, but that's left of my lair is not for sale•
@ElphabaThropp Ok thanks! I'll probably get to your review tomorrow. Thanks for ordering :)
@ElphabaThropp Ok thanks! I'll probably get to your review tomorrow. Thanks for ordering :)
@Kalistys

Can I have one?

User:Ximena
Payment type:treasure
Review delivery:forum
@Kalistys

Can I have one?

User:Ximena
Payment type:treasure
Review delivery:forum
XSA45qz.jpg3Dyszo8.jpg
@Ximena
Certainly! Thanks for your order :)
@Ximena
Certainly! Thanks for your order :)
@creepsheeps
your review is done! Find it on tumblr :) Let me know if you have trouble seeing it.
@creepsheeps
your review is done! Find it on tumblr :) Let me know if you have trouble seeing it.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8