Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Doodle Writing
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 22
[center][b]Estellia[/b] [i]She's a very interesting character, having come from the arena she is an experience fighter. Only, she doesn't remember anything about that ability, or anything about her previous life. A very traumatic event has caused her to forget everything about who she is, even her name. [/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25394269] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/253943/25394269_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] --------- [color=black] [font=lucida handwriting]Journal Excerpt. 7102 Lirpa Day 26 My hand is trembling as I write this page. The joints are wracked with agony today. Damn sickness! For so long now this ailment, this pain, has tried to drag me down and it's getting to the point its winning. As much as it disgusts me to admit, I'm not sure I can tolerate much more of this. Already I'm sleeping longer, needing to rest more just to stay off the ache in my bones. I missed the herbalists this morning because of it. That is why I am here doodling in this blasted journal instead of out doing something useful!But I digress. Bemoaning about my condition will do nothing for it, other than make me focus entirely on it. Orian has encouraged this journal writing in the hopes it will help stir my memory, which is still as blank as the day I came too. To be honest, this is my first attempt at this therapy. The lack of any sort of past causes a dreadful amount of sorrow to choke my throat and so the reminder does my mental state no good. Unfortunately, I have little else to do at the moment, so here I am scribbling in a confounded book. Orian suggested that I start with my oldest memory and work from there. There is not much in that memory to be truthful. It consists of waking on the edge of a lake consumed by a dreadful agony and lungs heavy with water. Those first few moments of trying to move and breathe again were horrifically painful; honestly I’m still surprised I survived the initial spasms to clear my lungs. The agony of that ordeal makes me ill to my stomach even now. Afterwards I lay there, unable to move, for what seemed like days. To add insult to injury, the small beasts would bleed from the woods to steal away what few scraps of clothing I wore or pick at my hardened flesh. All I could do was lay there, unable to lift even a single note of protest as I was eaten alive. By the time Zim found me I was almost picked clean. There are still hunks of my crystallized body that are struggling to heal from all those nibbles. The healers miraculously brought me back from the brink of the abyss, though sometimes I wonder if that was for the best. The thought causes the bile of guilt and sorrow to choke me, but sometimes I cannot help but to wonder if it would have been easier for everyone if I had just expired. There are times I truly wish I had of, but so far I’ve reminded myself that there is hope; I will not give up on that or my faith in the healers. 7102 Yam, Day 9 I rush to get this journal entry put in. Late at night as it is, I have no desire to stay up any longer then I have too. I would be sleeping now if not for this reoccurring dream I am having. This has been going on so long I can no longer dismiss it, so it's my hope sharing it here, in these pages, will quell its noise in my mind. It starts in a crowded place, I’m not sure where I am everything is shrouded in a hazy mist, but I can hear the muttering of hundreds of drakes and can feel the heat of their bodies close to mine. When the dream first starts I am always overwhelmed by exhilaration, as if I had just accomplished a grand achievement. I am wearing a luminous set of armor and my claws drip with crimson, though I do not know why and I do not understand why I feel satisfied with this either. The dream then switches, the scene is still a hazy fog, but this time there are two dark gray masses that stand out against it. Their bodies roughly resemble a Coatl and a Wildclaw, though the unstable fog shifts to wildly to tell if they are truly drakes. I am friendly with the two masses. I know this because we are sharing drinks and boisterous laughter. This is where the dream starts to frighten me. The haze takes on a darker feel, turning a red hue and the two I’m with suddenly start choking. As I watch they fall still and their bodies are enveloped in stone. From behind them another, darker mass appears. There is no definable form to this one; it’s only a solid lump of black fog. This thing terrifies me and I find myself rushing away, but no matter how far I run I cannot escape it. Eventually, there is a sharp pain in my neck, a feeling of falling, and then cold. It’s at that point I wake, trembling uncontrollably and unable to go back to sleep until several hours later. I do not know why this dream continues to come I only know I wish for it to stop. Honestly the only reason I wished to recall it now is for the purpose of this journal. It is my hope that writing it out will somehow cease it's endless droning from my mind. We will see tonight if this therapy works.[/font][/color]
Estellia
She's a very interesting character, having come from the arena she is an experience fighter. Only, she doesn't remember anything about that ability, or anything about her previous life. A very traumatic event has caused her to forget everything about who she is, even her name.

25394269_350.png

Journal Excerpt.
7102 Lirpa Day 26

My hand is trembling as I write this page. The joints are wracked with agony today. Damn sickness! For so long now this ailment, this pain, has tried to drag me down and it's getting to the point its winning. As much as it disgusts me to admit, I'm not sure I can tolerate much more of this. Already I'm sleeping longer, needing to rest more just to stay off the ache in my bones. I missed the herbalists this morning because of it. That is why I am here doodling in this blasted journal instead of out doing something useful!But I digress. Bemoaning about my condition will do nothing for it, other than make me focus entirely on it.

Orian has encouraged this journal writing in the hopes it will help stir my memory, which is still as blank as the day I came too. To be honest, this is my first attempt at this therapy. The lack of any sort of past causes a dreadful amount of sorrow to choke my throat and so the reminder does my mental state no good. Unfortunately, I have little else to do at the moment, so here I am scribbling in a confounded book.

Orian suggested that I start with my oldest memory and work from there. There is not much in that memory to be truthful. It consists of waking on the edge of a lake consumed by a dreadful agony and lungs heavy with water. Those first few moments of trying to move and breathe again were horrifically painful; honestly I’m still surprised I survived the initial spasms to clear my lungs. The agony of that ordeal makes me ill to my stomach even now.

Afterwards I lay there, unable to move, for what seemed like days. To add insult to injury, the small beasts would bleed from the woods to steal away what few scraps of clothing I wore or pick at my hardened flesh. All I could do was lay there, unable to lift even a single note of protest as I was eaten alive. By the time Zim found me I was almost picked clean. There are still hunks of my crystallized body that are struggling to heal from all those nibbles.

The healers miraculously brought me back from the brink of the abyss, though sometimes I wonder if that was for the best. The thought causes the bile of guilt and sorrow to choke me, but sometimes I cannot help but to wonder if it would have been easier for everyone if I had just expired. There are times I truly wish I had of, but so far I’ve reminded myself that there is hope; I will not give up on that or my faith in the healers.

7102 Yam, Day 9

I rush to get this journal entry put in. Late at night as it is, I have no desire to stay up any longer then I have too. I would be sleeping now if not for this reoccurring dream I am having. This has been going on so long I can no longer dismiss it, so it's my hope sharing it here, in these pages, will quell its noise in my mind. It starts in a crowded place, I’m not sure where I am everything is shrouded in a hazy mist, but I can hear the muttering of hundreds of drakes and can feel the heat of their bodies close to mine. When the dream first starts I am always overwhelmed by exhilaration, as if I had just accomplished a grand achievement. I am wearing a luminous set of armor and my claws drip with crimson, though I do not know why and I do not understand why I feel satisfied with this either.

The dream then switches, the scene is still a hazy fog, but this time there are two dark gray masses that stand out against it. Their bodies roughly resemble a Coatl and a Wildclaw, though the unstable fog shifts to wildly to tell if they are truly drakes. I am friendly with the two masses. I know this because we are sharing drinks and boisterous laughter. This is where the dream starts to frighten me.

The haze takes on a darker feel, turning a red hue and the two I’m with suddenly start choking. As I watch they fall still and their bodies are enveloped in stone. From behind them another, darker mass appears. There is no definable form to this one; it’s only a solid lump of black fog. This thing terrifies me and I find myself rushing away, but no matter how far I run I cannot escape it. Eventually, there is a sharp pain in my neck, a feeling of falling, and then cold. It’s at that point I wake, trembling uncontrollably and unable to go back to sleep until several hours later.

I do not know why this dream continues to come I only know I wish for it to stop. Honestly the only reason I wished to recall it now is for the purpose of this journal. It is my hope that writing it out will somehow cease it's endless droning from my mind. We will see tonight if this therapy works.

buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
[center][b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1833524/1#post_1833524]The Writer's Door Game[/url] 6.16.2017[/b][/center] [center][b]A Tree’s Tale[/b] [i]Trees, those stoic watchers of the world… Oh, what stories they would tell if only they could. [/i][/center] You are flying over a lush meadow, enjoying the balmy breeze and the pleasant scent of wildflowers when you happen upon the most unusual tree. Despite being in a field that’s a rainbow of color and bursting with life, this massive oak is darkened and withered; an eyesore set amongst a beautiful backdrop. Curiosity draws you from the air to the ground at its roots, where you discover the true size of the old tree. It would tower over a Ridgeback, is sprawls just that far out and up. Funny, it didn’t look that large from the air. Other than being displaced in the middle of an open meadow there is nothing else extraordinary about the tree. Or there isn’t until you discover what appears to be a door set snuggly in the base. Curiosity prods you again and you abide its desire by easing closer. The door is tall, made of sanded oak and bears four panels, but no handle. With no way to open it you turn your focus onto the most predominate feature, the panels. Each of the four panels are beautifully hand carved with a tall tree resting in the middle of a meadow. If it were not for the fact they all depicted different seasons they would be identical. As you are investigating you feel an overwhelming urge to touch and unconsciously you reach out, but you hesitate halfway to the door. Somehow, someway you understand that you can choose only one. So, which one do you choose? [b]Spring[/b]: The mighty tree is lush with a canopy full of leaves and flowers and all around it the wildflowers sway gently in a breeze. [b]Summer[/b]: The tree has a thick canopy of leaves and animals take shelter from the sun at its roots. Dragonflies flitter about on the warm air. [b]Autumn[/b]: The heavy canopy of leaves is now starting to fall from the boughs, creating huge piles at the base of the tree. Fallen leaves are whipped around by a brisk wind. [b]Winter[/b]: The tree is completely bare and dunes of snow cover its roots. The cold breath of winter spins snowflakes to and fro. ------- [center][b]... and Spring[/b][/center] Your choice is made and you reach out for the Spring depiction. The tips of your fingers lightly brush against the tree and you are surrounded by a pleasant breeze and the scent of wildflowers. The world is dark, but you can feel the gentle back and forth sensation of motion and you can hear the soft talking of someone close by; someone you love. “What is it, Papa?” A young voice calls from some distant place; it echoes in your ears. An older, wiser voice responds to the innocent question. “It is a baby tree.” “Like me?” Fatherly humor follows the question along with an answer. “Yes, much like you, my little sprout.” The sensation of movement stops. “I think here is good, yes?” “Yes,” the little voice answered gleefully and with only a few giggles. You are set gently against something warm and moist and tucked under a protective blanket where you settle. It was a nice place, but it wasn’t what you wanted. You wanted to get back to those you knew, but they had gone quiet. Where they close by? There was only one way to find out, so you reached up for them, lifting your arms through your protective shell until you could peek through it. It was still dark, but now you could hear something. “Are you coming out little tree?” you were beckoned from above, so you continue to reach and reach until you see light. It was bright and warm and it wiggled through the grains of soil that protected your roots, teasing you to come out and play. You stretch, breaking through the topsoil as you reach for the sun’s rays. “There you are,” the little voice said, very close now; right in front of you actually. A small feathered dragon sat before you where she stared with her big eyes and even bigger grin. “Well, come on then, you can get bigger.” “Don’t push the little tree too hard, little one. It takes time to grow up.” The more mature of voices came from the left, drawing your attention in that direction to find a very tall dragon with a large round shiny at his side and two large bushy branches coming from his shoulders. He smile gently at you and you felt safe, loved. “All right, Papa.” The little feathered dragon rushed off to a pouch on the ground. She came back a moment later with three pretty flowers in her hands. “These are forever flowers.” she set them on your right side before kissing the top of your leaves. “I helped Papa make them. They will keep you company while we’re away.” “Good idea, Little Sprout.” The elder dragon stood, pulling that shiny ball into his side. “Let our new friend rest and get stronger. We will be back later to check on it.” “All right, Papa.” The tiny dragon scurried up the back of her father as he walked away. As they left the smaller looked back and waved. The world around you slowly fades to grey until there was nothing left but the fog. Your eyes shoot open and you find yourself suddenly back in your own world; the vivid color of reality shocking your eyes. The tips of your fingers are still against the Spring panel and you withdraw them quickly. The moment your touch is removed the Spring image fades away to nothing, leaving only the memory behind. You can recall the memory in detail. Even though it wasn’t yours it left your heart filled with warmth and love and a happy sensation as you recall the Pearlcatcher, the little Coatl and her Forever Flowers. Forever flowers, you think as you ease around the base of the tree for the right side. There, tucked protectively within the roots, were three of the most amazing flowers. They had not aged even a bit, though you knew they were older then the great oak. The roots that were coiled around the flowers pull away, leaving them open for you to take. It seems you are being given a gift, so gently you pluck them from the tree. With a nod of thanks you return to your travels with gift in hand and a new memory fresh in mind. [center][Item=romantic red rose][Item=tickled hyacinth][Item=heatherbed lily][/center] [center][b]... and Summer[/b][/center] You note that one of the images is blank, though you do not know why. Your choice made you reach for the Summer depiction. Contact with the image fills your ears with the buzzing of insects, the chirping of birds and the lazy humming of a dragon resting against your trunk. The sun is so warm, you can’t help but to raise your thick canopy of leaves as high as you can to soak it up. Birds slumber in your long branches, taking shelter from the heat and enjoying the gentle wind that rustles your leaves. You take pleasure in their company, but not as much as the two drakes playing around your roots. There is an elder drake resting against your trunk, humming to himself and reading a book; his round shiny sitting between his tail and his hip. Just beyond in the tall grass there was a young girl dragon stalking and chasing the grasshoppers. She stops suddenly and speaks. “Papa,” her soft voice is an echo that tickles your ears, “when are you going to teach me to use magic?” The elder hums a different note, not one of song, but one of fatherly understanding. “When you finish reading your books,” he answers. The girl moans loudly, rolling her eyes about their sockets before plopping to her back. “Reading is so boring, Papa.” She lifts her long neck up to address her father over the tall grass. “Can you just show me?” “Yes,” he answered, still consumed by his own book, “as soon as you read your books.” He chuckled now, but the girl couldn’t hear his humor over her annoyed moans. “If you would just read them it would be done,” he answered smartly. The girl, however, didn’t pay attention to this wise advice because she was tucked in the tall grass conspiring with a walking blue flower. Moments later the flower rushes out of the brush to snatch the girl’s books and then darts around behind you. The elder regards this incident with mild curiosity before returning to his book. “Papa, did you see that!?” the girl asked. “The pansy just stole my books.” She sat herself confidently before her father. “Whatever will I do now?” she asked, not hiding the sly smile she wore. “Well that is a problem,” her father said, setting down his book to face his daughter. He ponders the issue for a moment before a smile works to his lips. “I know, you can use these extras I brought for you.” With that he reaches into his satchel and withdraws the new books. The girl rolls her eyes and plops to her back. “Reading is so boring!” The world around you slowly fades to grey until there was nothing left but the fog. Your eyes shoot open and you find yourself suddenly back in your own world; the vivid color of reality shocking your eyes. The tips of your fingers are still against the Summer panel and you withdraw them quickly. The moment your touch is removed the Summer image fades away to nothing, leaving only the memory behind. With the memory still fresh in your mind you cannot help but to wonder if maybe those books were still behind the tree. You make your way around the back of the tree until you come to a small depression at the base of it. Within that small hole you find several books. Most of which have molded or turned to dust, but you do find three that are still usable. As you are withdrawing them from the nook you also grab a small little blue plant. It looks exactly like the one that aided the girl, only much smaller. The little thing turns its big eyes to you and smiles, before cuddling around your hand. Satisfied with your discovery you return to your travels with a few good books and a new friend. [center] [item=scholar][item=discipline][item=ambush][item=blue vein pansy][/center] [center][b]... and Autumn[/b][/center] For some unexplained reason the two top panels are completely blank. Not understanding why that is you shrug it off and, with your choice made, reach out for the Autumn image. The moment the tips of your fingers tap the wood you are immediately touched by a crisp wind; the smells of fallen leaves and impending snow swirling around within it. The sky above you is a light gray filled with slow moving, heavy clouds that block all but the thinnest of the sun’s rays. Your boughs are empty, the birds having left some time ago for warmer lands and with every gust more of your canopy tumbles down where it litters the ground. You are so tired, but you keep yourself up, if only to watch the play for a little while longer. Down among the leaves a young female dragon meticulously arranges them into giant piles. Her colors matching the bright oranges and reds of the leaves so well that when next to the heaps she vanishes entirely. Once her task is complete she beckons to the old dragon resting against your trunk. He is bundled tightly to protect his thin and rather fragile looking frame. “Come play, Papa,” the young woman’s voice is like an echo, tickling your ears. She encourages him to join the play before jumping into the piles, disappearing from sight. “These old bones are not fit for such play anymore, Little Sprout.” When he speaks his voice carries the weight of age and wisdom. The young one pokes her head out of the leaves to face him. “Papa, you are not so old to play. You always say it takes time to grow old and you’ve not had that much time yet.” The elder chuckles softly as he places his book down against a knee. “Child, growing [i]up[/i] takes time. Growing [i]old[/i] takes very little.” With that he returns to his book. “You play in the leaves, I am content here.” The girl merely rolls her eyes at her father before gathering an arm load of leaves and tossing it at him. The old drake is buried under them, because the girl has outgrown him and her arm load is rather large. By the time he has dug himself out the girl has vanished, leaving only her wild giggles behind. The elder snorts at the play, but cannot contain the happy smile that curls his lips. “I will find you, Little Sprout,” he says as he stands to sort through the piles. From a pile on the left side of you a head popped up. “Not looking there you won’t.” The elder jerked around then darted for the pile, laughter following in his wake. The world around you slowly fades to grey until there was nothing left but the fog. Your eyes shoot open and you find yourself suddenly back in your own world; the vivid color of reality shocking your eyes. The tips of your fingers are still against the Autumn panel and you withdraw them quickly. The moment your touch is removed the Autumn image fades away to nothing, leaving only the memory behind. The memory fresh in your mind you jerk your attention to the left of the tree, half expecting to find the young woman and her father there. They were not, naturally, because that event happened in a moment long past. “Oh!” a soft voice startles you from the thoughts and draws your attention to a drake woman that is now standing at the left of the tree. Not any woman, mind you, but the girl from the memory. “I didn’t realize someone else would be here.” She eased over to give the old tree a good look over. “My father and I planted this tree when I was but a cub. We tended to it almost every day and this became our special sanctuary.” She paused to chuckle, tears beading at the corner of her eye. “Then one day my father leaves and doesn’t come back. I think the old tree was heartbroken because of it. When it started to wither I tried to perk it back up, but I never could.” She cleared her throat and gently rubbed the tree before setting flowers down at its base. “Well, thank you for visiting with it.” With that she offers you a nod and turns to leave. You are heartbroken to see her so alone and miserable. She’s mostly unknown to you, but you couldn’t just leave her. So you invite her to talk and eventually she decides to join you on your travels. You both continue on, happy for the company. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33512456] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/335125/33512456_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][b]... and Winter[/b][/center] Oddly enough there is only one image left on the door. It is clear that at one time it had four, but the other three were blank. With little other choice in the matter you set your hand firmly against the Winter image. All at once you are consumed by a bitter cold that threatens to freeze you to the bone. The world around you is in a haze of white, the wind whipping snowflakes in violently cyclones around your base. You are awoken from your deep slumber with a worry seizing your heart, but it is not the severity of the weather that has worried you. Your long roots feel the sensation of familiar paws trekking your way, so you search through the storm and find a dark mass fighting its way through the wind and snow. As it draws nearer you see an elder drake dressed in heavy robes, branches growing from his shoulders and a large pearl grasped tightly between his thin arms. This elder is dear to your heart and it hurts you to see his body so weak, having grown frail with the ravages of time, but age is not what worries you. There is something wrong, you notice he struggles to walk and stumbles several times. As you watch him make his way to you he stumbles again only this time he falls. You wait, expecting him to get up, but he never does. He simply vanishes in the snow. You try to reach for him, to call him, wake him in some way, but you cannot. Sorrow begins to choke you and when an aggressive wind blows by, twisting your old limbs, you let out a mournful moan. For ages there after you sit watching as a young drake woman comes to wait for her father, not knowing he was only feet away from her and unable to tell her. You watch as time passes and she grows. Eventually, her visits slow and you are left alone. Your body grows weak, tired and your leaves will no longer grow, but you stand defiant against age as you wait for the day someone can reunite you with the elder drake. Then and only then can you finally rest. The world around you slowly fades to grey until there was nothing left but the fog. Your eyes shoot open and you find yourself suddenly back in your own world; the vivid color of reality shocking your eyes. The tips of your fingers are still against the Winter panel and you withdraw them quickly. The moment your touch is removed the door fades away to nothing, exposing a large notch in the base of the tree. You know what you have to do and with that knowledge in mind you jerk around, heading straight into the field looking for any signs of the elder dragon. You find an old scrap of cloth stuck to an odd branch jetting up from the ground. As you brush the dirt away you find a large pearl, more cloth, and then bones. One by one you collect all of the remains and carefully carry them to the tree where you place them in the divot at the base. It was a fitting resting place for the old drake. Once finished you step back to inspect the burial and are surprised when the old tree moans. The noise comes from up high, pulling your attention towards the boughs. It is there that you see the limbs falling, only they turn to dust before they can hit the ground and are carried off on the wind. Once all of the branches are gone the trunk of the tree begins to fade until there is nothing more than a stump protectively covering the body of its old friend. There is a new panel on this stump, one depicting the life of the tree with the elder drake resting against its trunk reading a book and a Coatl girl chasing after a butterfly. The image fills you with a sense of satisfaction, knowing now that everyone can rest peacefully. The old tree has accomplished all it needed to do. As you turn to leave you find yourself before a Sapling speaker. It considers you for a moment before offering you a satchel. After accepting the bag you open it to find a special skin design much like what the elder drake wore. Under that it was full of acorns. You turn to inquire what this was for to find yourself alone once more. Perhaps it was in thanks for your aid and so you accept the gift, returning to your travels satisfied that you helped the old tree find peace. [center][item=accent: seedling protector][item=leafy gladeboughs][item=acorn]x20[/center] -------- [center]Thank you everyone. Here have an achievement =) [img]http://i.imgur.com/GeEHzXU.png[/img][/center]

A Tree’s Tale
Trees, those stoic watchers of the world…
Oh, what stories they would tell if only they could.

You are flying over a lush meadow, enjoying the balmy breeze and the pleasant scent of wildflowers when you happen upon the most unusual tree. Despite being in a field that’s a rainbow of color and bursting with life, this massive oak is darkened and withered; an eyesore set amongst a beautiful backdrop. Curiosity draws you from the air to the ground at its roots, where you discover the true size of the old tree. It would tower over a Ridgeback, is sprawls just that far out and up. Funny, it didn’t look that large from the air.

Other than being displaced in the middle of an open meadow there is nothing else extraordinary about the tree. Or there isn’t until you discover what appears to be a door set snuggly in the base. Curiosity prods you again and you abide its desire by easing closer. The door is tall, made of sanded oak and bears four panels, but no handle. With no way to open it you turn your focus onto the most predominate feature, the panels.

Each of the four panels are beautifully hand carved with a tall tree resting in the middle of a meadow. If it were not for the fact they all depicted different seasons they would be identical. As you are investigating you feel an overwhelming urge to touch and unconsciously you reach out, but you hesitate halfway to the door. Somehow, someway you understand that you can choose only one. So, which one do you choose?

Spring: The mighty tree is lush with a canopy full of leaves and flowers and all around it the wildflowers sway gently in a breeze.

Summer: The tree has a thick canopy of leaves and animals take shelter from the sun at its roots. Dragonflies flitter about on the warm air.

Autumn: The heavy canopy of leaves is now starting to fall from the boughs, creating huge piles at the base of the tree. Fallen leaves are whipped around by a brisk wind.

Winter: The tree is completely bare and dunes of snow cover its roots. The cold breath of winter spins snowflakes to and fro.

... and Spring

Your choice is made and you reach out for the Spring depiction. The tips of your fingers lightly brush against the tree and you are surrounded by a pleasant breeze and the scent of wildflowers. The world is dark, but you can feel the gentle back and forth sensation of motion and you can hear the soft talking of someone close by; someone you love. “What is it, Papa?” A young voice calls from some distant place; it echoes in your ears. An older, wiser voice responds to the innocent question. “It is a baby tree.”

“Like me?”

Fatherly humor follows the question along with an answer. “Yes, much like you, my little sprout.” The sensation of movement stops. “I think here is good, yes?”

“Yes,” the little voice answered gleefully and with only a few giggles. You are set gently against something warm and moist and tucked under a protective blanket where you settle. It was a nice place, but it wasn’t what you wanted. You wanted to get back to those you knew, but they had gone quiet. Where they close by? There was only one way to find out, so you reached up for them, lifting your arms through your protective shell until you could peek through it. It was still dark, but now you could hear something. “Are you coming out little tree?” you were beckoned from above, so you continue to reach and reach until you see light. It was bright and warm and it wiggled through the grains of soil that protected your roots, teasing you to come out and play. You stretch, breaking through the topsoil as you reach for the sun’s rays.

“There you are,” the little voice said, very close now; right in front of you actually. A small feathered dragon sat before you where she stared with her big eyes and even bigger grin. “Well, come on then, you can get bigger.”

“Don’t push the little tree too hard, little one. It takes time to grow up.” The more mature of voices came from the left, drawing your attention in that direction to find a very tall dragon with a large round shiny at his side and two large bushy branches coming from his shoulders. He smile gently at you and you felt safe, loved.

“All right, Papa.” The little feathered dragon rushed off to a pouch on the ground. She came back a moment later with three pretty flowers in her hands. “These are forever flowers.” she set them on your right side before kissing the top of your leaves. “I helped Papa make them. They will keep you company while we’re away.”

“Good idea, Little Sprout.” The elder dragon stood, pulling that shiny ball into his side. “Let our new friend rest and get stronger. We will be back later to check on it.”
“All right, Papa.” The tiny dragon scurried up the back of her father as he walked away. As they left the smaller looked back and waved.

The world around you slowly fades to grey until there was nothing left but the fog. Your eyes shoot open and you find yourself suddenly back in your own world; the vivid color of reality shocking your eyes. The tips of your fingers are still against the Spring panel and you withdraw them quickly. The moment your touch is removed the Spring image fades away to nothing, leaving only the memory behind.

You can recall the memory in detail. Even though it wasn’t yours it left your heart filled with warmth and love and a happy sensation as you recall the Pearlcatcher, the little Coatl and her Forever Flowers. Forever flowers, you think as you ease around the base of the tree for the right side. There, tucked protectively within the roots, were three of the most amazing flowers. They had not aged even a bit, though you knew they were older then the great oak. The roots that were coiled around the flowers pull away, leaving them open for you to take. It seems you are being given a gift, so gently you pluck them from the tree. With a nod of thanks you return to your travels with gift in hand and a new memory fresh in mind.
Romantic Red Rose Tickled Hyacinth Heatherbed Lily

... and Summer

You note that one of the images is blank, though you do not know why. Your choice made you reach for the Summer depiction. Contact with the image fills your ears with the buzzing of insects, the chirping of birds and the lazy humming of a dragon resting against your trunk. The sun is so warm, you can’t help but to raise your thick canopy of leaves as high as you can to soak it up. Birds slumber in your long branches, taking shelter from the heat and enjoying the gentle wind that rustles your leaves. You take pleasure in their company, but not as much as the two drakes playing around your roots.

There is an elder drake resting against your trunk, humming to himself and reading a book; his round shiny sitting between his tail and his hip. Just beyond in the tall grass there was a young girl dragon stalking and chasing the grasshoppers. She stops suddenly and speaks. “Papa,” her soft voice is an echo that tickles your ears, “when are you going to teach me to use magic?”

The elder hums a different note, not one of song, but one of fatherly understanding. “When you finish reading your books,” he answers. The girl moans loudly, rolling her eyes about their sockets before plopping to her back. “Reading is so boring, Papa.” She lifts her long neck up to address her father over the tall grass. “Can you just show me?”

“Yes,” he answered, still consumed by his own book, “as soon as you read your books.” He chuckled now, but the girl couldn’t hear his humor over her annoyed moans. “If you would just read them it would be done,” he answered smartly. The girl, however, didn’t pay attention to this wise advice because she was tucked in the tall grass conspiring with a walking blue flower. Moments later the flower rushes out of the brush to snatch the girl’s books and then darts around behind you.

The elder regards this incident with mild curiosity before returning to his book. “Papa, did you see that!?” the girl asked. “The pansy just stole my books.” She sat herself confidently before her father. “Whatever will I do now?” she asked, not hiding the sly smile she wore.

“Well that is a problem,” her father said, setting down his book to face his daughter. He ponders the issue for a moment before a smile works to his lips. “I know, you can use these extras I brought for you.” With that he reaches into his satchel and withdraws the new books. The girl rolls her eyes and plops to her back. “Reading is so boring!”
The world around you slowly fades to grey until there was nothing left but the fog. Your eyes shoot open and you find yourself suddenly back in your own world; the vivid color of reality shocking your eyes. The tips of your fingers are still against the Summer panel and you withdraw them quickly. The moment your touch is removed the Summer image fades away to nothing, leaving only the memory behind.

With the memory still fresh in your mind you cannot help but to wonder if maybe those books were still behind the tree. You make your way around the back of the tree until you come to a small depression at the base of it. Within that small hole you find several books. Most of which have molded or turned to dust, but you do find three that are still usable. As you are withdrawing them from the nook you also grab a small little blue plant. It looks exactly like the one that aided the girl, only much smaller. The little thing turns its big eyes to you and smiles, before cuddling around your hand. Satisfied with your discovery you return to your travels with a few good books and a new friend.
Scholar Discipline Ambush Blue Vein Pansy

... and Autumn

For some unexplained reason the two top panels are completely blank. Not understanding why that is you shrug it off and, with your choice made, reach out for the Autumn image. The moment the tips of your fingers tap the wood you are immediately touched by a crisp wind; the smells of fallen leaves and impending snow swirling around within it. The sky above you is a light gray filled with slow moving, heavy clouds that block all but the thinnest of the sun’s rays. Your boughs are empty, the birds having left some time ago for warmer lands and with every gust more of your canopy tumbles down where it litters the ground. You are so tired, but you keep yourself up, if only to watch the play for a little while longer.

Down among the leaves a young female dragon meticulously arranges them into giant piles. Her colors matching the bright oranges and reds of the leaves so well that when next to the heaps she vanishes entirely. Once her task is complete she beckons to the old dragon resting against your trunk. He is bundled tightly to protect his thin and rather fragile looking frame. “Come play, Papa,” the young woman’s voice is like an echo, tickling your ears. She encourages him to join the play before jumping into the piles, disappearing from sight.

“These old bones are not fit for such play anymore, Little Sprout.” When he speaks his voice carries the weight of age and wisdom. The young one pokes her head out of the leaves to face him. “Papa, you are not so old to play. You always say it takes time to grow old and you’ve not had that much time yet.”

The elder chuckles softly as he places his book down against a knee. “Child, growing up takes time. Growing old takes very little.” With that he returns to his book. “You play in the leaves, I am content here.” The girl merely rolls her eyes at her father before gathering an arm load of leaves and tossing it at him. The old drake is buried under them, because the girl has outgrown him and her arm load is rather large. By the time he has dug himself out the girl has vanished, leaving only her wild giggles behind.

The elder snorts at the play, but cannot contain the happy smile that curls his lips. “I will find you, Little Sprout,” he says as he stands to sort through the piles. From a pile on the left side of you a head popped up. “Not looking there you won’t.” The elder jerked around then darted for the pile, laughter following in his wake.

The world around you slowly fades to grey until there was nothing left but the fog. Your eyes shoot open and you find yourself suddenly back in your own world; the vivid color of reality shocking your eyes. The tips of your fingers are still against the Autumn panel and you withdraw them quickly. The moment your touch is removed the Autumn image fades away to nothing, leaving only the memory behind.

The memory fresh in your mind you jerk your attention to the left of the tree, half expecting to find the young woman and her father there. They were not, naturally, because that event happened in a moment long past. “Oh!” a soft voice startles you from the thoughts and draws your attention to a drake woman that is now standing at the left of the tree. Not any woman, mind you, but the girl from the memory. “I didn’t realize someone else would be here.” She eased over to give the old tree a good look over. “My father and I planted this tree when I was but a cub. We tended to it almost every day and this became our special sanctuary.” She paused to chuckle, tears beading at the corner of her eye. “Then one day my father leaves and doesn’t come back. I think the old tree was heartbroken because of it. When it started to wither I tried to perk it back up, but I never could.”

She cleared her throat and gently rubbed the tree before setting flowers down at its base. “Well, thank you for visiting with it.” With that she offers you a nod and turns to leave. You are heartbroken to see her so alone and miserable. She’s mostly unknown to you, but you couldn’t just leave her. So you invite her to talk and eventually she decides to join you on your travels. You both continue on, happy for the company.

... and Winter

Oddly enough there is only one image left on the door. It is clear that at one time it had four, but the other three were blank. With little other choice in the matter you set your hand firmly against the Winter image. All at once you are consumed by a bitter cold that threatens to freeze you to the bone. The world around you is in a haze of white, the wind whipping snowflakes in violently cyclones around your base. You are awoken from your deep slumber with a worry seizing your heart, but it is not the severity of the weather that has worried you. Your long roots feel the sensation of familiar paws trekking your way, so you search through the storm and find a dark mass fighting its way through the wind and snow.

As it draws nearer you see an elder drake dressed in heavy robes, branches growing from his shoulders and a large pearl grasped tightly between his thin arms. This elder is dear to your heart and it hurts you to see his body so weak, having grown frail with the ravages of time, but age is not what worries you. There is something wrong, you notice he struggles to walk and stumbles several times. As you watch him make his way to you he stumbles again only this time he falls. You wait, expecting him to get up, but he never does. He simply vanishes in the snow. You try to reach for him, to call him, wake him in some way, but you cannot. Sorrow begins to choke you and when an aggressive wind blows by, twisting your old limbs, you let out a mournful moan.

For ages there after you sit watching as a young drake woman comes to wait for her father, not knowing he was only feet away from her and unable to tell her. You watch as time passes and she grows. Eventually, her visits slow and you are left alone. Your body grows weak, tired and your leaves will no longer grow, but you stand defiant against age as you wait for the day someone can reunite you with the elder drake. Then and only then can you finally rest.

The world around you slowly fades to grey until there was nothing left but the fog. Your eyes shoot open and you find yourself suddenly back in your own world; the vivid color of reality shocking your eyes. The tips of your fingers are still against the Winter panel and you withdraw them quickly. The moment your touch is removed the door fades away to nothing, exposing a large notch in the base of the tree.

You know what you have to do and with that knowledge in mind you jerk around, heading straight into the field looking for any signs of the elder dragon. You find an old scrap of cloth stuck to an odd branch jetting up from the ground. As you brush the dirt away you find a large pearl, more cloth, and then bones. One by one you collect all of the remains and carefully carry them to the tree where you place them in the divot at the base. It was a fitting resting place for the old drake.

Once finished you step back to inspect the burial and are surprised when the old tree moans. The noise comes from up high, pulling your attention towards the boughs. It is there that you see the limbs falling, only they turn to dust before they can hit the ground and are carried off on the wind. Once all of the branches are gone the trunk of the tree begins to fade until there is nothing more than a stump protectively covering the body of its old friend.

There is a new panel on this stump, one depicting the life of the tree with the elder drake resting against its trunk reading a book and a Coatl girl chasing after a butterfly. The image fills you with a sense of satisfaction, knowing now that everyone can rest peacefully. The old tree has accomplished all it needed to do. As you turn to leave you find yourself before a Sapling speaker. It considers you for a moment before offering you a satchel. After accepting the bag you open it to find a special skin design much like what the elder drake wore. Under that it was full of acorns. You turn to inquire what this was for to find yourself alone once more. Perhaps it was in thanks for your aid and so you accept the gift, returning to your travels satisfied that you helped the old tree find peace.
Accent: Seedling Protector Leafy Gladeboughs Acorn x20

Thank you everyone. Here have an achievement =)
GeEHzXU.png

buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
I have created a thread to discuss how the Shade affects individual's lore. When it first started I honestly didn't think it would go that far, being as I couldn't find much information on the Shade in the forums (or that is to say nothing really substantial about it) I didn't think there would be much in anyone's lair either. I have since been proven wrong.

Turns out a great many, very creative writers have included the shade in their lore. It's remarkable to see how they have taken that vague plot device left by our illustrious FR developers and turned it into something absolutely remarkable. The stories people have concocted concerning the Shade range from the delightfully light hearted and humors to down right disturbing.

I have been inspired by the creativity of the others and have decided to create a resource thread that will help those wanting to know more about the Shade. Naturally, it will not try to tie anyone down to a set lore, but offer a look into the minds of everyone else that has used the Shade before. In this way I hope to help inspire others to create something just as remarkable for their own lore.

If anyone has lore they would like to share you can reach the discussion from the link down in my signature. Thanks for reading!
I have created a thread to discuss how the Shade affects individual's lore. When it first started I honestly didn't think it would go that far, being as I couldn't find much information on the Shade in the forums (or that is to say nothing really substantial about it) I didn't think there would be much in anyone's lair either. I have since been proven wrong.

Turns out a great many, very creative writers have included the shade in their lore. It's remarkable to see how they have taken that vague plot device left by our illustrious FR developers and turned it into something absolutely remarkable. The stories people have concocted concerning the Shade range from the delightfully light hearted and humors to down right disturbing.

I have been inspired by the creativity of the others and have decided to create a resource thread that will help those wanting to know more about the Shade. Naturally, it will not try to tie anyone down to a set lore, but offer a look into the minds of everyone else that has used the Shade before. In this way I hope to help inspire others to create something just as remarkable for their own lore.

If anyone has lore they would like to share you can reach the discussion from the link down in my signature. Thanks for reading!
buffer text
Coming
Soon
[center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=39299450&skin=0&apparel=433,12271,832,17907,6027,6035,474,392,450,446,1098&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] [i]This world should be ours and so help me if I have to wrest it from the hands of those so called deities I will! No longer will we have to suffer for their petty squabbles. I can envision a world where all of the drakes of every region can live as one. Where our planet grows into the place it was meant to be, in harmony with all elements. I can see us in a place of peace, far away from the chaos we are thrust into now. It sounds wonderful doesn’t it? You’re minds are filled with the potential of tomorrow my friends. You can see that our lives would be better if we were the soul rulers of our own world, of our own destinies! If you are still in disbelief then ask yourself this. Why should we have to sacrifice our precious loved ones for some being that will never love us back; not for our sacrifice, not for our devotion? Why should we blindly strike out at each other, slaughtering entire clans, for their amusement? It is time for this to stop. I tell you now this insanity must stop! There is a way to stop it. Look deep into your hearts and find the hatred that sits there. It is sitting in wait for the day it can be released against the monsters; those fools that sit on high and only come down to tortured us. Abolish your fears, my friends, send them to the back of your minds and release that hatred. Let it be known now and forever more that you and yours will no longer be the willing slaves to those monstrosities! We will be free![/i] [right][i]Sermon by Cathair Athelward, Founder of the Deity Abolishment Movement.[/i][/right] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2158455/35#post_28141461]Original Post [/url]
dragon?did=39299450&skin=0&apparel=433,12271,832,17907,6027,6035,474,392,450,446,1098&xt=dressing.png

This world should be ours and so help me if I have to wrest it from the hands of those so called deities I will! No longer will we have to suffer for their petty squabbles. I can envision a world where all of the drakes of every region can live as one. Where our planet grows into the place it was meant to be, in harmony with all elements. I can see us in a place of peace, far away from the chaos we are thrust into now.

It sounds wonderful doesn’t it? You’re minds are filled with the potential of tomorrow my friends. You can see that our lives would be better if we were the soul rulers of our own world, of our own destinies! If you are still in disbelief then ask yourself this. Why should we have to sacrifice our precious loved ones for some being that will never love us back; not for our sacrifice, not for our devotion? Why should we blindly strike out at each other, slaughtering entire clans, for their amusement? It is time for this to stop. I tell you now this insanity must stop!

There is a way to stop it. Look deep into your hearts and find the hatred that sits there. It is sitting in wait for the day it can be released against the monsters; those fools that sit on high and only come down to tortured us. Abolish your fears, my friends, send them to the back of your minds and release that hatred. Let it be known now and forever more that you and yours will no longer be the willing slaves to those monstrosities! We will be free!

Sermon by Cathair Athelward, Founder of the Deity Abolishment Movement.

Original Post
buffer text
Coming
Soon
[center][i]This is Felicity's old lore, written for OpalDreams with their aid. It was a beautiful piece and there was no way I was going to get rid of it ([i]besides, it was hard work[/i]). Her previous name was SapphireTears and though she has a new name and a new history to fit with my overall story line a little bit of her old life will always be with her. [/i][/center] [center][size=7][color=#2d70dc][font=corbel][b]SapphiresTears[/b][/size][/color][/font] [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/07e1c7ac89be50df692657358be3c657/tumblr_inline_o21bmjI1M91r3lvtf_400.png[/img] [size=5][color=#2d70dc][font=corbel][i]Adopted Child of the Sea[/i][/size][/color][/font][/center] ------- [columns][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ydy09iy5pgfopvi/waterv2.png[/img] [center][nextcol]SapphiresTears was born into magic, lives in stone, and loves the sea more than anything; to say she is complicated is an understatement. In her previous clan her life had been one of propriety and pampering. It is because of this that she developed a strong love of dressing in fine silks and jewels and of being treated like royalty. Those that meet her for the first time might get the sense she is a bit of a stuck up princess. First impressions are deceiving however, as she is far from it. Contrary to her rather extravagant lifestyle, SapphiresTears has a very compassionate and giving heart and she is not afraid to get good and dirty if need be. On the occasions she is with the clan, SapphiresTears can be found on the island within the lair, entertaining the Merfolk that live there, trying on new silks, and spending a great deal of time with Mr. Sparks. Most often, however, she will be out at sea. Despite being born to the Arcane Flight, SapphiresTears, never really desired to practice magic; her heart belonged not to the stars and arcane, but to the ever changing currents of the sea. There is no other place she would rather be and she is at her happiest when cradled by the gently shifting waves. In truth, she is more Water Flight then her birth flight. She takes to the sea instinctively; it’s almost as if her body melts into the water, becoming one with it. The result is a remarkably graceful swimmer that many drakes have likened to a water fairy. SapphiresTears possesses the remarkable ability to breathe underwater, which is truly odd for an Arcane drake. Along with the water breathing she also has the ability to divine, though unlike most Water Flight drakes her ability is unique. Whenever her eyes cloud with tears she is granted a quick moment of clarity in which she can see important events from the past, present, or future. Once the tears have passed from her eyes they form crystal droplets that hold an image of her vision. She has no control over what she sees and for the most part she is unable to decipher the quick glimpses without aid from others in the clan. She serves as a liaison between the clan and the aquatic entities that visit the lair and those outside it for the purpose of friendship and trade. She is also a gatherer for the clan, being as she is one of the few that can collect the much needed supplies from the ocean. Often times she is out gathering for days and is only drawn back by her loyalty to her clan and her mate. [/columns] ------- [center][size=7][color=#2d70dc][font=Lucida handwriting][b]SHORT STORY[/b][/size][/color][/font][/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/lMLocsS.png[/img][/center] [size=3]The sand and the shells collected between the toes of SapphiresTears as she made her mad dash down the shore line. This was the one place in all of the Starfall Isles that felt like home; that felt safe. It was only natural she would run to it now. She stopped short, ankle deep in the surf. Before her lay a placid blanket that twinkled with a million specks of light; the effect of the stars in the night sky. There was a decision to make, she could press forward, as she had wanted to every day of her life since birth; or she could race home to the dignitary her parents wished for her to marry; a nearby prince whom she had no love for. SapphiresTears looked briefly over her shoulder towards the moon lit lair and offered it a snort. “Not this day and not ever!” She snapped her eyes back to the Ocean, her first true love. “This day I finally go to you, Muriel.” The decision made she entered the ocean, giving herself to the mercy of the currents. SapphiresTears swam away from the shallows for the deep blue of open sea and what would surely be her freedom. Right as she was within reach of the bigger waves something lashed out and grabbed her. Naturally, her attention jerked to her legs, seeking the reason her foot was caught in a vise. There she found a dark pink energy cuffed around her ankle. She was tethered to the shore by magical means. That knowledge didn’t keep her from testing the conjured restraint, however. She fought with it, clawing and tugging at it to no avail. Eventually, her body grew exhausted from her struggles and she was forced to surrender to the control of her clan. She lay suspended on the surface of the water, tears of sorrow pouring from her eyes. The notions of being trapped in a world she didn’t belong to, forced into the arms of a drake she didn’t love, suffocated her. “Please Muriel,” she beseeched, “please take me away from here.” Her soft plea was carried off on the wind and she was left in silence; her precious ocean still, indifferent to her plight. The proceeding still very nearly broke her heart; the ocean had always been there for her, to comfort and protect her. Yet, it seemed in this, her bleakest of moments, it had abandoned her. Her mind began to ramble with the worries and emotional pain of her situation and because of this she missed the shifting of currents. Or she did until the pull started to put an uncomfortable amount of pressure on her leg. It was then that she noticed she was being pulled out to sea. SapphiresTears’ heart lightened as it seemed the sea had indeed heard her plea. The only thing preventing her from the pull of the sea was the tether that tightened around her, fighting against the natural force of water to keep her prisoner. What little energy she had left she used to fight against the magic. It wasn’t working. The more she fought the tighter the restraint became until she called out in pain. The ocean went still once again and the moment it stopped the pressure on her leg stopped, but it did not release her. Though it was quiet she knew it was not still. She could feel the churning of the currents under her, the warming of the water around her. The ocean was becoming angry, denied as it was of its prize. This was not a desirable happening, even for SapphiresTears. An enraged sea was a dangerous and fickle thing. It would and could crush all nearby, including those that give it their hearts. “Oh dear.” Before she could even utter the first word to calm an arm made of water erupted through the torrent building around her and grabbed the tether. With one yank it ripped the tether from the shore, forcing her under the waves as if she were just a tiny sea shell in a riptide. SapphiresTears was caught immediately in the violent current, dragged along until she grew far enough away from the arcane lands to force the magic to fizzle. Not that being released was helpful. The jet stream had her and was washing her to somewhere. The world continued to grow darker and darker the further away from the surface she went. She traveled at extreme speeds, ones she couldn’t resist no matter how hard she tried. Exhausted and growing dizzy from lack of oxygen she submitted to the current. SapphiresTears was tumbled like a pebble in an earthquake until she was finally dropped. She found herself floating in the dark void not knowing which way was up or down. Not that direction mattered anyway; she was so beaten and exhausted that she was unable to move herself towards the surface if by chance she could figure out its direction. She wasn’t able to stop herself from drowning. [i]The bane of having to breathe air[/i], she thought. She would have snickered at her morbid joke had she been able to afford a bit of what was left in her lungs. Cold water and exhaustion consumed her, making her body ache and her eyes weary from the burden of staying open. As she was submitting to that long sleep something appeared through the dark void. SapphiresTears managed herself as alert as she could so she could watch as a small dot of radiant white light came before her eyes. It was like a lone star against a veil of black. She was too numb to be scared; even though she knew that great sea monsters lurked here. It washed her in its warm glow, illuminating the nothingness of the void around her until it began to take a shape. Before her now, was a Seawater Savior! She offered the little guardian a weak smile, wondering if her fuzzy mind was imagining the creature. It gave her snout a loving rub then lifted her away from the dark murk until she could see the moon’s beams rippling through the surface. Though, it did not lift her all the way out of the water and to the air she desperately needed. Instead, it continued up, where it plucked one of the many twinkling stars from the surface. It would bring the orb of starlight to her and gently it pressed it to her chest. The starlight created a warmth that flooded her being, banishing the fridge cold of the deep ocean. The shock of it caused her to inhale and when she did she discovered she could breath and she did so until her starving lungs were sated. Though she could breath she still could not swim, her body just didn’t have the energy to do so. Thankfully, the Savior lifted her the rest of the way up to the surface where new arms took its place. She was so thankful that her eyes clouded over with tears and through the haze she saw a kind worried face of a Bogsneak before she passed out into the darkness. She dreamt that she was resting on a small island within a deep cave surrounded by kind merfolk, and basking in the glow of the large Opal on the ceiling. Drakes of all sorts were around her now, and she talked to them as if they were long time friends. It made her feel safe and warm. As the tear passed from her eye, so did the vision in her dream. They trickled from her eye down her cheek where the tears solidified into a crystal. The whispers would be what woke her, so soft they tickled her ears and drew her from the comfort of the dream. Reluctantly, she fluttered her eyes open and before her was the Bogsneak that had rescued her. “Can you hear me?” he asked gently. Worry swelled his eyes and droplets of water dripped from his head onto her neck and shoulders. She could only offer a weary nod as a reply. “Good then,” he said, a smile turning up his cheeks. He was joined by a few upset Merfolk and a Tundra that brought her fresh water to drink. “It’s alright, you’re safe now,” the Tundra said in a soothing voice. SapphiresTears nodded weakly, trusting their friendly and kind gazes. “Oh and by the way you dropped this.” He handed her a crystallized teardrop and as she looked into her fallen tear, she remembered her vision and knew that she was going to be okay, she was safe, she was home![/size] [/columns] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/07e1c7ac89be50df692657358be3c657/tumblr_inline_o21bmjI1M91r3lvtf_400.png[/img] [/center] [center][img]http://data.whicdn.com/images/289554116/superthumb.jpg[/img][/center]
This is Felicity's old lore, written for OpalDreams with their aid. It was a beautiful piece and there was no way I was going to get rid of it (besides, it was hard work). Her previous name was SapphireTears and though she has a new name and a new history to fit with my overall story line a little bit of her old life will always be with her.

SapphiresTears
tumblr_inline_o21bmjI1M91r3lvtf_400.png
Adopted Child of the Sea

waterv2.png
SapphiresTears was born into magic, lives in stone, and loves the sea more than anything; to say she is complicated is an understatement. In her previous clan her life had been one of propriety and pampering. It is because of this that she developed a strong love of dressing in fine silks and jewels and of being treated like royalty. Those that meet her for the first time might get the sense she is a bit of a stuck up princess. First impressions are deceiving however, as she is far from it. Contrary to her rather extravagant lifestyle, SapphiresTears has a very compassionate and giving heart and she is not afraid to get good and dirty if need be.

On the occasions she is with the clan, SapphiresTears can be found on the island within the lair, entertaining the Merfolk that live there, trying on new silks, and spending a great deal of time with Mr. Sparks. Most often, however, she will be out at sea. Despite being born to the Arcane Flight, SapphiresTears, never really desired to practice magic; her heart belonged not to the stars and arcane, but to the ever changing currents of the sea. There is no other place she would rather be and she is at her happiest when cradled by the gently shifting waves. In truth, she is more Water Flight then her birth flight. She takes to the sea instinctively; it’s almost as if her body melts into the water, becoming one with it. The result is a remarkably graceful swimmer that many drakes have likened to a water fairy.

SapphiresTears possesses the remarkable ability to breathe underwater, which is truly odd for an Arcane drake. Along with the water breathing she also has the ability to divine, though unlike most Water Flight drakes her ability is unique. Whenever her eyes cloud with tears she is granted a quick moment of clarity in which she can see important events from the past, present, or future. Once the tears have passed from her eyes they form crystal droplets that hold an image of her vision. She has no control over what she sees and for the most part she is unable to decipher the quick glimpses without aid from others in the clan.

She serves as a liaison between the clan and the aquatic entities that visit the lair and those outside it for the purpose of friendship and trade. She is also a gatherer for the clan, being as she is one of the few that can collect the much needed supplies from the ocean. Often times she is out gathering for days and is only drawn back by her loyalty to her clan and her mate.

SHORT STORY
lMLocsS.png
The sand and the shells collected between the toes of SapphiresTears as she made her mad dash down the shore line. This was the one place in all of the Starfall Isles that felt like home; that felt safe. It was only natural she would run to it now. She stopped short, ankle deep in the surf. Before her lay a placid blanket that twinkled with a million specks of light; the effect of the stars in the night sky. There was a decision to make, she could press forward, as she had wanted to every day of her life since birth; or she could race home to the dignitary her parents wished for her to marry; a nearby prince whom she had no love for. SapphiresTears looked briefly over her shoulder towards the moon lit lair and offered it a snort. “Not this day and not ever!” She snapped her eyes back to the Ocean, her first true love. “This day I finally go to you, Muriel.” The decision made she entered the ocean, giving herself to the mercy of the currents.

SapphiresTears swam away from the shallows for the deep blue of open sea and what would surely be her freedom. Right as she was within reach of the bigger waves something lashed out and grabbed her. Naturally, her attention jerked to her legs, seeking the reason her foot was caught in a vise. There she found a dark pink energy cuffed around her ankle. She was tethered to the shore by magical means. That knowledge didn’t keep her from testing the conjured restraint, however. She fought with it, clawing and tugging at it to no avail. Eventually, her body grew exhausted from her struggles and she was forced to surrender to the control of her clan. She lay suspended on the surface of the water, tears of sorrow pouring from her eyes. The notions of being trapped in a world she didn’t belong to, forced into the arms of a drake she didn’t love, suffocated her. “Please Muriel,” she beseeched, “please take me away from here.” Her soft plea was carried off on the wind and she was left in silence; her precious ocean still, indifferent to her plight.

The proceeding still very nearly broke her heart; the ocean had always been there for her, to comfort and protect her. Yet, it seemed in this, her bleakest of moments, it had abandoned her. Her mind began to ramble with the worries and emotional pain of her situation and because of this she missed the shifting of currents. Or she did until the pull started to put an uncomfortable amount of pressure on her leg. It was then that she noticed she was being pulled out to sea. SapphiresTears’ heart lightened as it seemed the sea had indeed heard her plea. The only thing preventing her from the pull of the sea was the tether that tightened around her, fighting against the natural force of water to keep her prisoner. What little energy she had left she used to fight against the magic. It wasn’t working. The more she fought the tighter the restraint became until she called out in pain.

The ocean went still once again and the moment it stopped the pressure on her leg stopped, but it did not release her. Though it was quiet she knew it was not still. She could feel the churning of the currents under her, the warming of the water around her. The ocean was becoming angry, denied as it was of its prize. This was not a desirable happening, even for SapphiresTears. An enraged sea was a dangerous and fickle thing. It would and could crush all nearby, including those that give it their hearts. “Oh dear.”

Before she could even utter the first word to calm an arm made of water erupted through the torrent building around her and grabbed the tether. With one yank it ripped the tether from the shore, forcing her under the waves as if she were just a tiny sea shell in a riptide. SapphiresTears was caught immediately in the violent current, dragged along until she grew far enough away from the arcane lands to force the magic to fizzle.

Not that being released was helpful. The jet stream had her and was washing her to somewhere. The world continued to grow darker and darker the further away from the surface she went. She traveled at extreme speeds, ones she couldn’t resist no matter how hard she tried. Exhausted and growing dizzy from lack of oxygen she submitted to the current. SapphiresTears was tumbled like a pebble in an earthquake until she was finally dropped.

She found herself floating in the dark void not knowing which way was up or down. Not that direction mattered anyway; she was so beaten and exhausted that she was unable to move herself towards the surface if by chance she could figure out its direction. She wasn’t able to stop herself from drowning. The bane of having to breathe air, she thought. She would have snickered at her morbid joke had she been able to afford a bit of what was left in her lungs. Cold water and exhaustion consumed her, making her body ache and her eyes weary from the burden of staying open. As she was submitting to that long sleep something appeared through the dark void.

SapphiresTears managed herself as alert as she could so she could watch as a small dot of radiant white light came before her eyes. It was like a lone star against a veil of black. She was too numb to be scared; even though she knew that great sea monsters lurked here. It washed her in its warm glow, illuminating the nothingness of the void around her until it began to take a shape. Before her now, was a Seawater Savior! She offered the little guardian a weak smile, wondering if her fuzzy mind was imagining the creature. It gave her snout a loving rub then lifted her away from the dark murk until she could see the moon’s beams rippling through the surface. Though, it did not lift her all the way out of the water and to the air she desperately needed. Instead, it continued up, where it plucked one of the many twinkling stars from the surface. It would bring the orb of starlight to her and gently it pressed it to her chest.

The starlight created a warmth that flooded her being, banishing the fridge cold of the deep ocean. The shock of it caused her to inhale and when she did she discovered she could breath and she did so until her starving lungs were sated. Though she could breath she still could not swim, her body just didn’t have the energy to do so. Thankfully, the Savior lifted her the rest of the way up to the surface where new arms took its place. She was so thankful that her eyes clouded over with tears and through the haze she saw a kind worried face of a Bogsneak before she passed out into the darkness.

She dreamt that she was resting on a small island within a deep cave surrounded by kind merfolk, and basking in the glow of the large Opal on the ceiling. Drakes of all sorts were around her now, and she talked to them as if they were long time friends. It made her feel safe and warm. As the tear passed from her eye, so did the vision in her dream. They trickled from her eye down her cheek where the tears solidified into a crystal.

The whispers would be what woke her, so soft they tickled her ears and drew her from the comfort of the dream. Reluctantly, she fluttered her eyes open and before her was the Bogsneak that had rescued her. “Can you hear me?” he asked gently. Worry swelled his eyes and droplets of water dripped from his head onto her neck and shoulders. She could only offer a weary nod as a reply. “Good then,” he said, a smile turning up his cheeks. He was joined by a few upset Merfolk and a Tundra that brought her fresh water to drink. “It’s alright, you’re safe now,” the Tundra said in a soothing voice. SapphiresTears nodded weakly, trusting their friendly and kind gazes. “Oh and by the way you dropped this.” He handed her a crystallized teardrop and as she looked into her fallen tear, she remembered her vision and knew that she was going to be okay, she was safe, she was home!

[/columns]

tumblr_inline_o21bmjI1M91r3lvtf_400.png
superthumb.jpg
buffer text
Coming
Soon
[center][b]Kuki[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33482206] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/334823/33482206_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]My very first traveling dragon! I was so excited to get her, it took everything in my power to send her back off again. Thankfully, she and my new traveling dragon have left a cute little addition in my lair. Hopefully this way I can always keep up with them. To anyone that has Kuki I will keep her lore here for any and all who wish to read it. If you'd like to update her lore please PM me I'd be happy to add it to this thread[/i].[/center] -------- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drt/1101610/1][img]http://i.imgur.com/7wv9OeJ.png[/img][/url] [i]Uh-oh, looks like this eyeburner wandered a little too far from her home lair of the Starstorms (#288054), and now she's off to see the world! If ever you feel the need to exalt, she'd really appreciate it if you could just return her to the home lair, or to the 'Dragons Off To See The World' thread, [url=http://tinyurl.com/kjyytnl]here.[/url] This is not necessary, but she would be very grateful![/i] [b]Owners I've Had:[/b] - Amorii (starting lair) - DesmondTiny -Azurenight Please ping us when she moves on! Also, her story is being preserved here. If you add to her lore it would be awesome if you PM'd Azurenight with her next adventure so she can be updated. [/center] [columns] [center][item=rosy similis] [item=heartred croaker leg] Mate: N/A [nextcol] [b][size=5]Kuki[/size][/b] ----- [right][b][color=#731D08]Primary Role[/color][/b] [i]Warrior[/i][/right] [b]"Catch me if you can!" - Kuki to her pursuers.[/b] Not only is Kuki brave, strong and tolerant she is also... well, reckless. Her recklessness has gotten her into much trouble, such as losing her original clan in a powerful rainstorm that blew the female Mirror away, out of the sky and into some of the natural growth below. Before she knew it, she was lost! Awakening some hours later to find herself all alone, Kuki knew panic would only worsen her already dire situation: she had to eat. Having watched Zahara's training methods from back home, she knew how to stalk and catch prey surprisingly well for her age and could defend herself if necessary. After catching herself a bite to eat, a new question rose: Where is home? Kuki realized she didn't have a home anymore and needed to set out to find one... And find help. [/columns] [center] [img]http://imgur.com/BPPrM94.png[/img][/center] [columns] She did find help of sorts, but it was far from what she was expecting. She had blown herself all the way to the Lightweaver's domain, full of small prey that could satisfy as a snack to the growing hatchling. As she was hunting, she heard a twig snap behind herl. Whirling around, her wide eyes fell upon a centaur rearing up, prepared to throw a spear at her. With a squeak she dodged and saw a massive shadow fly above her. A white skydancer with her pelt dappled red flew at the beast pan member, chasing him off before returning to the small lost hatchling. "Are you okay, little one?" Kuki nodded. "Good. I am Ayda. I am going to take you back to my clan." Kuki nodded, although she sensed she would get little say in the matter. Upon arrival at the foreign camp, she was deposited with a crowd of other hatchlings. Some looked afraid, others angry and wary. Upon speaking with one of them, she found that most present had been intended as sacrifices to Lightweaver or some of the other gods. Some of the hatchlings were angry to have their purpose denied, but others felt relieved. They had been saved. [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21840127] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/218402/21840127.png[/img] [/url][/columns] [columns] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2000673][img]http://imgur.com/LvrDXz9.png[/img][/url] [nextcol]Over the next few weeks of her life, Kuki learned a lot about this clan's culture. They were called the Melohn, a clan that worshipped a being she had never heard of before. Arenji. It had no element, no gender, no physical form, and yet it affected everything in their lives. It determined how many eggs they would have in a nest, the drops they could receive in battle, when they would encounter a boss, even if their young would be male or female. All that she had thought was luck this clan believed was Arenji. After weeks of vigorous physical, mental and spiritual training, she had been determined worthy to return to the outside world. The hatchlings she had met on her first day in the camp were now fully grown like her, all ambitious and ready to move out into the world and spread word of their deity. They all believed in Arenji wholeheartedly. Kuki herself felt Arenji was real, but... The Melohn wanted Arenji to grow in power to topple the gods. Arenji was like the Shade, but far less evil...or at least that's what she thought. Shaking off her skepticism, Kuki flared her wings with her adopted siblings, ready to take flight and see where Arenji would lead her next. [/columns] [center][img]http://imgur.com/LxzcNJD.png[/img][/center] ------- [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/sFRxKpm.png[/img][/center] ------- [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/0HmSgI3.png[/img][nextcol]Along the shore near Port Wildwind a visitor landed among the many air docks that lined the coast line. The large port town was a hustle and bustle of daily activity, which swallowed the Mirror in a sea of sweaty sailors and harried merchants. She'd never been in a place this large before; only small towns or villages. It was rather overwhelming to take in all of the sights and different dragons that were around. The Mirror wandered down the air docks for the sea docks down below. They were equally as busy and she was swept up in the rush of fisherdrakes wishing to hurry their catch to the merchants. The fish market lay just beyond the docks and was a horseshoe shaped pavilion with fish mongers sprawled out underneath it. All manor of sea creature was laid out before Kuki's eyes in every color and shape imaginable on Sornieth. Exotic smells wafted through the air joined by the loud coos of the merchants, beckoning pedestrians to their stalls. She humored one such merchant waving about a green fish on a stick. Its smell caused her stomach to rumble, so obeying the demand of her hungry belly she paid for the morsel. While she ate she gave the rest of the stalls in the market a look over. Merchants and fishermen went about their day peddling their goods, though a few groups of sailors pushed through the gathered crowds and through a large arch that lead drakes away from the docks into the town proper. Eager to explore more she followed a group through the entrance. Kuki found herself in yet more marketplace, equally as bright and exotic as the last-- only without the fish. Stall after stall lined a winding road way; a roadway that was congested with foot traffic. She made her way through the crowds, stopping here and there to inspect the merchants wares. The sea was the theme here, with sea shells and preserved ocean creatures woven into cloths and jewelry. Baskets of reed filled with exotic spices and fruits lined the fronts of most of the stalls
Kuki

33482206_350.png

My very first traveling dragon! I was so excited to get her, it took everything in my power to send her back off again. Thankfully, she and my new traveling dragon have left a cute little addition in my lair. Hopefully this way I can always keep up with them.

To anyone that has Kuki I will keep her lore here for any and all who wish to read it. If you'd like to update her lore please PM me I'd be happy to add it to this thread

7wv9OeJ.png

Uh-oh, looks like this eyeburner wandered a little too far from her home lair of the Starstorms (#288054), and now she's off to see the world! If ever you feel the need to exalt, she'd really appreciate it if you could just return her to the home lair, or to the 'Dragons Off To See The World' thread, here. This is not necessary, but she would be very grateful!

Owners I've Had:
- Amorii (starting lair)
- DesmondTiny
-Azurenight

Please ping us when she moves on! Also, her story is being preserved here. If you add to her lore it would be awesome if you PM'd Azurenight with her next adventure so she can be updated.
Rosy Similis
Heartred Croaker Leg
Mate: N/A
Kuki
Primary Role
Warrior

"Catch me if you can!" - Kuki to her pursuers.
Not only is Kuki brave, strong and tolerant she is also... well, reckless. Her recklessness has gotten her into much trouble, such as losing her original clan in a powerful rainstorm that blew the female Mirror away, out of the sky and into some of the natural growth below. Before she knew it, she was lost! Awakening some hours later to find herself all alone, Kuki knew panic would only worsen her already dire situation: she had to eat.

Having watched Zahara's training methods from back home, she knew how to stalk and catch prey surprisingly well for her age and could defend herself if necessary. After catching herself a bite to eat, a new question rose: Where is home? Kuki realized she didn't have a home anymore and needed to set out to find one... And find help.
BPPrM94.png
She did find help of sorts, but it was far from what she was expecting. She had blown herself all the way to the Lightweaver's domain, full of small prey that could satisfy as a snack to the growing hatchling. As she was hunting, she heard a twig snap behind herl. Whirling around, her wide eyes fell upon a centaur rearing up, prepared to throw a spear at her. With a squeak she dodged and saw a massive shadow fly above her. A white skydancer with her pelt dappled red flew at the beast pan member, chasing him off before returning to the small lost hatchling.

"Are you okay, little one?" Kuki nodded. "Good. I am Ayda. I am going to take you back to my clan." Kuki nodded, although she sensed she would get little say in the matter. Upon arrival at the foreign camp, she was deposited with a crowd of other hatchlings. Some looked afraid, others angry and wary. Upon speaking with one of them, she found that most present had been intended as sacrifices to Lightweaver or some of the other gods. Some of the hatchlings were angry to have their purpose denied, but others felt relieved. They had been saved.

21840127.png

LvrDXz9.png
Over the next few weeks of her life, Kuki learned a lot about this clan's culture. They were called the Melohn, a clan that worshipped a being she had never heard of before. Arenji. It had no element, no gender, no physical form, and yet it affected everything in their lives. It determined how many eggs they would have in a nest, the drops they could receive in battle, when they would encounter a boss, even if their young would be male or female. All that she had thought was luck this clan believed was Arenji.

After weeks of vigorous physical, mental and spiritual training, she had been determined worthy to return to the outside world. The hatchlings she had met on her first day in the camp were now fully grown like her, all ambitious and ready to move out into the world and spread word of their deity. They all believed in Arenji wholeheartedly. Kuki herself felt Arenji was real, but... The Melohn wanted Arenji to grow in power to topple the gods. Arenji was like the Shade, but far less evil...or at least that's what she thought. Shaking off her skepticism, Kuki flared her wings with her adopted siblings, ready to take flight and see where Arenji would lead her next.
LxzcNJD.png

sFRxKpm.png

0HmSgI3.png Along the shore near Port Wildwind a visitor landed among the many air docks that lined the coast line. The large port town was a hustle and bustle of daily activity, which swallowed the Mirror in a sea of sweaty sailors and harried merchants. She'd never been in a place this large before; only small towns or villages. It was rather overwhelming to take in all of the sights and different dragons that were around. The Mirror wandered down the air docks for the sea docks down below. They were equally as busy and she was swept up in the rush of fisherdrakes wishing to hurry their catch to the merchants.

The fish market lay just beyond the docks and was a horseshoe shaped pavilion with fish mongers sprawled out underneath it. All manor of sea creature was laid out before Kuki's eyes in every color and shape imaginable on Sornieth. Exotic smells wafted through the air joined by the loud coos of the merchants, beckoning pedestrians to their stalls. She humored one such merchant waving about a green fish on a stick. Its smell caused her stomach to rumble, so obeying the demand of her hungry belly she paid for the morsel.

While she ate she gave the rest of the stalls in the market a look over. Merchants and fishermen went about their day peddling their goods, though a few groups of sailors pushed through the gathered crowds and through a large arch that lead drakes away from the docks into the town proper. Eager to explore more she followed a group through the entrance.

Kuki found herself in yet more marketplace, equally as bright and exotic as the last-- only without the fish. Stall after stall lined a winding road way; a roadway that was congested with foot traffic. She made her way through the crowds, stopping here and there to inspect the merchants wares. The sea was the theme here, with sea shells and preserved ocean creatures woven into cloths and jewelry. Baskets of reed filled with exotic spices and fruits lined the fronts of most of the stalls

buffer text
Coming
Soon
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22750228] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/227503/22750228_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Empire is my first 25 and when she was given to me from a door game I simply would not think of getting rid of her. [/i][/center] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fl3/1823223/1][img]http://ultraimg.com/images/2017/07/17/Gtbr.png[/img][/url][/center] ------- [center][b]Clans I've Trained/Traveled With[/b]: [LIST] [*]tonake (Eliminate, ?) [*]Celesol (?) [*]Shadowind [*]SocialBookWorm [*]Azurenight [/LIST] [/center] ------- Bio: Empire is a charismatic dragon with delusions of grandeur, though not everyone takes her seriously. Shortly after she started training in the Coliseum, she discovered that she and a few of her clanmates would eventually be sent away to search for the Windsinger given his long absence. A noble endeavor to be sure, but it gave her an idea. If their patron deity apparently wasn't coming back anytime soon, perhaps she could amass an army and take control of the Windswept Plateau herself! Knowing that being exalted would keep that from happening, she fled from her birth clan one night in search of a safe haven where she could work on her plans. Along the way, she discovered that the Second Chance Boot Camp, where dragons were trained across multiple lairs, was accepting new recruits. Seeing it as a way to gather followers, she told them only that she was a would-be exalt that had managed to escape. * * * * * History: (insert tonake blurb) * * * * * Empire landed in the Caravan Kingdom with ten minutes to spare, perfectly on time - a requirement for making a good impression. The Captain of the squad - a saturnine nocturne named Ruby - was waiting for her arrival. His exhausted face was not in the mood for pleasantries. "Good. You're early. Let's go - training starts in the mire." Empire appreciated the brevity, and followed after his flapping wing-beats. The mire was intense - the vines overhead and the thick swamp bellow decreased mobility to nothing but a trudging walk. Luckily her heavy, ridged guardian feet were able to get a fast grip on the rocks bellow the water, slick and slimey as they were. Empire, realizing she was alone with her training, decided to test the water just a little, to see where his loyalties lie. "How do you feel about the Wind Singer?" She asked casually, swatting at a Heartred Croaker that hovered about her head. Ruby didn't take his eyes away from the battle, as more Croakers flew from the boughs over head to join the fight. "I can't even call him an acquaintance; having never met him in my lifetime." Ruby grit his teeth, the sleep lines that carved his face seemed to get even deeper, "What use is someone like that? A leader who isn't there for his people?" He lashed out and gutted a Toridae with his claws. "Disgusting." He spat. Empire felt burning kindred in her spirit. Perhaps the blood and excitement got the best of her, because she blurted out the secret she needs to guard at all costs: "I want to end his reign. I'll take his place as the King Windswept Plateau that we all deserve!" Ruby laughed, harsh but not unkind. "You want to be a God? What makes you think you even can?" Empire had an intense, bright look in her eye. "I don't think - I know." She smiled. "And I don't fail at things I set my mind to." Ruby blinked. "Somehow, I believe you..." He rubbed the back of his horns, shaking blood of claws at the same while, "Ahh, what the heck, kid - I guess you can consider me a supporter. Obviously I have my own duties to attend to, but me and my knights won't fight against your acts of treason. You can consider that a promise." Empire held out her paw, and Ruby shook it. "It's a promise." * * * * * While traveling between clans, a rogue storm forced her to make an emergency landing on the wrong side of Windstar Bay. She was tempted to try and recruit at least a few of the dragons she met in the Starfall Isles while waiting for the storm to die down, but they were more concerned preparing for the then-upcoming third Battle of the Bay. And so she flew back across the bay to her original destination. * * * * * At first Empire had a hard time finding followers in Clan Shadowind. She managed to slip homemade recruiting pamphlets into some of Alphonse's delivery packages before he caught on. It was shortly afterwards that she was slyly approached by Xanatos. "You should seriously consider playing the long game instead, you know," the older dragon suggested. "What do you mean?" "When you find a permanent lair, chances are you'll find a mate. True, most if not all of your children will be sold, but if properly instructed, they can act as agents in your name. Consider this: somewhere in my ancestry was a VERY - shall we say 'prolific'? - dragon who corned the market on Imperials with colors and genes like mine. Her other descendants, such as my siblings, aunts, uncles, and cousins? They're [i]everywhere[/i], to the point where I had quite a difficult time finding my dear Xanatopia." He nodded to the female Imperial that was his near-perfect match in coloring. Empire sniffed at that after a few moments' consideration. "Hmm, you have a point, but I doubt all of my children would end up in other Wind clans." "Indeed, it would be foolish to think otherwise. But the point is, you'd be building a legacy. Even if you yourself don't succeed in your ultimate goal, perhaps your children or grandchildren will." Determined not to fail, Empire told him she would keep his words in mind as she headed off to another clan. * * * * * "Well, well, well," a voice echoed through the hall that she was wandering. The Taijitu Facility was definitely one of the weirdest lairs that Empire had even visited. Dragons that made sure that only one species followed their laws instead of all of them struck her as just a little touched in the head. But she had free reign of the place after each training session with Lirim and Feronia, so she had taken the chance to try and see if she could recruit even more to her cause. Starting with the so called criminals had seemed smart, but most of the ones that she had met so far were even more insane than the so called Dreamcatchers. Empire had to crouch down to see which of the faes were trying to talk to her, and found herself studying a [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=161072&tab=dragon&did=28925868]bright yellow fae[/url] lounging against the wall. "New recruit?" it asked, its monotone voice offset by the way that its fins flared. Empire narrowed her eyes at it, as Lirim had been very firm on not engaging the prisoners, but she was alone with it for now. "No," she replied, "A visitor." "A visitor?" the fae repeated, the question sounding weird with no inflection. "A visitor. A fire burning bright in a flickering smokestack. Careful not to spread her flames with those around her. What use do they have of you?" "They don't," Empire responded, "I'm the one that needs them. But not for long. As soon as I'm done here I'll find a permanent clan as soon as I can and get started on my plans." "Big plans for a big dragon," the fae said, and Empire didn't know why she shivered at the sentence. "One must be careful that they aren't swallowed whole by the snake that is birthed by them. Shadows that twist and dance, but never in quite they way that you want them." The light of the candles around it gleamed, and the fae's voice dropped to a whisper, "Run, running, for going back is no longer an option for you." Empire recoiled, and snarled at the fae, which cackled at her reaction. "Screw you," she snarled, and turned to leave, something that she took relish in doing as the fae could not. But the last sentence that the fae shouted after her, echoed even long after Lirim had declared her trained and ready to graduated from the Boot Camp. "The light chills as much as the dark scorches, and the fire is left with a hallow echoing hole."

22750228_350.png

Empire is my first 25 and when she was given to me from a door game I simply would not think of getting rid of her.

Gtbr.png

Clans I've Trained/Traveled With:
  • tonake (Eliminate, ?)
  • Celesol (?)
  • Shadowind
  • SocialBookWorm
  • Azurenight

Bio:

Empire is a charismatic dragon with delusions of grandeur, though not everyone takes her seriously. Shortly after she started training in the Coliseum, she discovered that she and a few of her clanmates would eventually be sent away to search for the Windsinger given his long absence.

A noble endeavor to be sure, but it gave her an idea. If their patron deity apparently wasn't coming back anytime soon, perhaps she could amass an army and take control of the Windswept Plateau herself! Knowing that being exalted would keep that from happening, she fled from her birth clan one night in search of a safe haven where she could work on her plans.

Along the way, she discovered that the Second Chance Boot Camp, where dragons were trained across multiple lairs, was accepting new recruits. Seeing it as a way to gather followers, she told them only that she was a would-be exalt that had managed to escape.

History:

(insert tonake blurb)

Empire landed in the Caravan Kingdom with ten minutes to spare, perfectly on time - a requirement for making a good impression. The Captain of the squad - a saturnine nocturne named Ruby - was waiting for her arrival.

His exhausted face was not in the mood for pleasantries. "Good. You're early. Let's go - training starts in the mire."

Empire appreciated the brevity, and followed after his flapping wing-beats.

The mire was intense - the vines overhead and the thick swamp bellow decreased mobility to nothing but a trudging walk. Luckily her heavy, ridged guardian feet were able to get a fast grip on the rocks bellow the water, slick and slimey as they were.

Empire, realizing she was alone with her training, decided to test the water just a little, to see where his loyalties lie.

"How do you feel about the Wind Singer?" She asked casually, swatting at a Heartred Croaker that hovered about her head.

Ruby didn't take his eyes away from the battle, as more Croakers flew from the boughs over head to join the fight. "I can't even call him an acquaintance; having never met him in my lifetime."

Ruby grit his teeth, the sleep lines that carved his face seemed to get even deeper, "What use is someone like that? A leader who isn't there for his people?" He lashed out and gutted a Toridae with his claws. "Disgusting." He spat.

Empire felt burning kindred in her spirit. Perhaps the blood and excitement got the best of her, because she blurted out the secret she needs to guard at all costs: "I want to end his reign. I'll take his place as the King Windswept Plateau that we all deserve!"

Ruby laughed, harsh but not unkind. "You want to be a God? What makes you think you even can?"

Empire had an intense, bright look in her eye. "I don't think - I know." She smiled. "And I don't fail at things I set my mind to."

Ruby blinked. "Somehow, I believe you..." He rubbed the back of his horns, shaking blood of claws at the same while, "Ahh, what the heck, kid - I guess you can consider me a supporter. Obviously I have my own duties to attend to, but me and my knights won't fight against your acts of treason. You can consider that a promise."

Empire held out her paw, and Ruby shook it. "It's a promise."

While traveling between clans, a rogue storm forced her to make an emergency landing on the wrong side of Windstar Bay. She was tempted to try and recruit at least a few of the dragons she met in the Starfall Isles while waiting for the storm to die down, but they were more concerned preparing for the then-upcoming third Battle of the Bay. And so she flew back across the bay to her original destination.

At first Empire had a hard time finding followers in Clan Shadowind. She managed to slip homemade recruiting pamphlets into some of Alphonse's delivery packages before he caught on. It was shortly afterwards that she was slyly approached by Xanatos.

"You should seriously consider playing the long game instead, you know," the older dragon suggested.

"What do you mean?"

"When you find a permanent lair, chances are you'll find a mate. True, most if not all of your children will be sold, but if properly instructed, they can act as agents in your name. Consider this: somewhere in my ancestry was a VERY - shall we say 'prolific'? - dragon who corned the market on Imperials with colors and genes like mine. Her other descendants, such as my siblings, aunts, uncles, and cousins? They're everywhere, to the point where I had quite a difficult time finding my dear Xanatopia." He nodded to the female Imperial that was his near-perfect match in coloring.

Empire sniffed at that after a few moments' consideration. "Hmm, you have a point, but I doubt all of my children would end up in other Wind clans."

"Indeed, it would be foolish to think otherwise. But the point is, you'd be building a legacy. Even if you yourself don't succeed in your ultimate goal, perhaps your children or grandchildren will."

Determined not to fail, Empire told him she would keep his words in mind as she headed off to another clan.

"Well, well, well," a voice echoed through the hall that she was wandering. The Taijitu Facility was definitely one of the weirdest lairs that Empire had even visited. Dragons that made sure that only one species followed their laws instead of all of them struck her as just a little touched in the head.

But she had free reign of the place after each training session with Lirim and Feronia, so she had taken the chance to try and see if she could recruit even more to her cause. Starting with the so called criminals had seemed smart, but most of the ones that she had met so far were even more insane than the so called Dreamcatchers.

Empire had to crouch down to see which of the faes were trying to talk to her, and found herself studying a bright yellow fae lounging against the wall.

"New recruit?" it asked, its monotone voice offset by the way that its fins flared.

Empire narrowed her eyes at it, as Lirim had been very firm on not engaging the prisoners, but she was alone with it for now. "No," she replied, "A visitor."

"A visitor?" the fae repeated, the question sounding weird with no inflection. "A visitor. A fire burning bright in a flickering smokestack. Careful not to spread her flames with those around her. What use do they have of you?"

"They don't," Empire responded, "I'm the one that needs them. But not for long. As soon as I'm done here I'll find a permanent clan as soon as I can and get started on my plans."

"Big plans for a big dragon," the fae said, and Empire didn't know why she shivered at the sentence. "One must be careful that they aren't swallowed whole by the snake that is birthed by them. Shadows that twist and dance, but never in quite they way that you want them."

The light of the candles around it gleamed, and the fae's voice dropped to a whisper, "Run, running, for going back is no longer an option for you."

Empire recoiled, and snarled at the fae, which cackled at her reaction. "Screw you," she snarled, and turned to leave, something that she took relish in doing as the fae could not. But the last sentence that the fae shouted after her, echoed even long after Lirim had declared her trained and ready to graduated from the Boot Camp.

"The light chills as much as the dark scorches, and the fire is left with a hallow echoing hole."
buffer text
Coming
Soon
The following is a description of the different forms of non-verbal communication used in my clan. This was originally posted on the Lore Question Thread.

There are many forms of non verbal communication within my clan. Most of them fleeting, like the impromptu cub games that utilizes eye, ear, and tongue signals; or the conspicuous, secret written language of the young adults. These are phases that come and go as drakes develop.

There are some that stick, however; such as the gesticulated language of the clan’s warriors (Because sometimes yelling out at your cohorts is not at all wise, especially during a stealth mission). Though these gesticulations are not over embellished body language, indeed they are very subtle finger and head movements that can explain volumes to those watching on. This quiet exchange of information was born of necessity and does continue to evolve as new situations make it.

Perhaps the most used form of non-verbal communication belongs to the Clan’s scouts. The highly detailed and complex language consists of a motley of different silent communication styles. Including, but not limited to, subtle body language (if one can regard a Guardian drake wiggling around like a snared snake subtle), a convoluted written code, foot tapping, and origami. This form was the brain child of the Clan’s Scout leader, Blaze. Thus far no one has been able to decipher the secret code (including some of the scouts themselves), making it one of the most successful at conveying secret information on the Windswept Plateau.

Most of what the clan uses to communicate (verbal and non-verbal) has in fact come in as a breed specialty, or from foreign clans. Over time all of those different styles have just compiled together and is claimed by the clan as a whole.
The following is a description of the different forms of non-verbal communication used in my clan. This was originally posted on the Lore Question Thread.

There are many forms of non verbal communication within my clan. Most of them fleeting, like the impromptu cub games that utilizes eye, ear, and tongue signals; or the conspicuous, secret written language of the young adults. These are phases that come and go as drakes develop.

There are some that stick, however; such as the gesticulated language of the clan’s warriors (Because sometimes yelling out at your cohorts is not at all wise, especially during a stealth mission). Though these gesticulations are not over embellished body language, indeed they are very subtle finger and head movements that can explain volumes to those watching on. This quiet exchange of information was born of necessity and does continue to evolve as new situations make it.

Perhaps the most used form of non-verbal communication belongs to the Clan’s scouts. The highly detailed and complex language consists of a motley of different silent communication styles. Including, but not limited to, subtle body language (if one can regard a Guardian drake wiggling around like a snared snake subtle), a convoluted written code, foot tapping, and origami. This form was the brain child of the Clan’s Scout leader, Blaze. Thus far no one has been able to decipher the secret code (including some of the scouts themselves), making it one of the most successful at conveying secret information on the Windswept Plateau.

Most of what the clan uses to communicate (verbal and non-verbal) has in fact come in as a breed specialty, or from foreign clans. Over time all of those different styles have just compiled together and is claimed by the clan as a whole.
buffer text
Coming
Soon
[center][b]Oshmer[/b] [i]This big guy was one of my hatchlings that never managed to find his forever home. The next step for him was exaltation, but he developed cold feet before he could be sent. Now he's out in Sornieth looking for that elusive happy life. [/i][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28559410] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/285595/28559410_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][size=7][color=#9ddba7][font=corbel][b]The Son of Wind[/b][/font][/size][/color][/center][center][size=4][color=black][font=Papyrus][i]"I don't honestly know what's ahead of me, but I know I'd rather it then what is behind me."[/font][/size][/color][/center] ------- Trained from birth to be a warrior intended to fight with the Windsinger's legions, Oshmer is a dangerous and deadly weapon. Though unfamiliar with the war amongst deities he is familiar with battle. A sword for hire, he has seen his fair share of fighting. Naturally, this lifestyle of aggression has of course helped harden his already stony heart. Most often one will find him brooding in a corner at some local tavern. His quite and moody demeanor can intimidate well before his skill with the sword can. Contrary to his sour, anti-social behavior Oshmer is a good drake at heart. Though he may have done some questionable things in his life, he is as gentle as a kitten and honestly deplores fighting He will typically seek peaceful communication before aggression. Unfortunately, those that hire him don't usually share his morals. This life of a sell sword was never what he wanted, however, it was the only skill he possessed to help him survive the harsh realities of life beyond the borders of his home land. ------ [i]One hundred years, from birth until now[/i], Oshmer thought, [i]I have been preparing for this day all my life. Why am I know happy[/i]? He addressed his reflection. Naturally, the mirror image of himself refused to answer back; as clueless to the answer as he was. Oshmer snorted at the mirror, leaving it to pace the length of his room. In his mind the conflicting thoughts rattled on. "All this time," he muttered, "why do I hesitate now?" Did any of the other chosen question their fate? Did they doubt their worth as he did now? [i]Is it doubt[/i], his mind questioned. Oshmer froze mid stride, listening intently to the words that bounced about his brain. [i]Is it doubt[/i]? It questioned again. [i]Or is it fear[/i]? He growled the idea away as he resumed his tireless pace. "After so long and so much it is not fear that plagues my mind now," he told himself. No this was something else, but what? What could possibly make him second guess giving himself to the Windsinger? In that moment the answer finally presented itself and the epiphany that rattled his brain again made him take pause. He was giving his life over to someone else. He was just handing his existence over to serve as the ultimate solider; doomed to experience hell over and over again. This was his fate, what he was chosen for. It was what he trained for all of his life. And it was what his soul was adamantly rejecting now. The discovery of his answer melted his flesh and chilled his bones all at once. He didn't wish to live the rest of his existence as a tool whose soul purpose was to fight and die as fodder in someone elses game. His heart quickened, now that he understood the root of his trepidation he had to figure out what to do about it. What could he do about It? He could stay and face his fate and live as a dreg for an impossibly long life, begging for it to end with each battle, or he could leave. Could he leave? It wasn't as if he could up and leave his sworn duty behind. Could He? The last question rattled his mind with an on slot of worries, wonders, and dares. He could leave. Run away and never look back, but what would happen to his family? His clan? Would they be ashamed of him? One might think the choice would be easy, but for Oshmer it was far from it. The idea that his beloved family would shun him was almost as painful as the notion of living as a someone elses tool. [i]Almost[/i]. No, his family and clan would forgive him. Even if they didn't he could not live in the shadow of their, or his, doubt. His mind settled on the fact he could not tolerate being sent to the Windsinger. Now the question was how to get away. It was a serious question, but it didn't dampen his excitement any. Once the unknown lifted from his mind and he set himself on the path to freedom, Oshmer felt the excitement of adventure pulse through his veins. "How to get away," he asked "and what to take?" Oshmer took a long look around his room. Aside from him, it held nothing but a few bed sheets and decorations. All of his worldly possessions he gave over to the clan during the exalting celebration. He had nothing to take and nothing to leave behind. "Right then," he said, than he stood there, staring at the room he had occupied for decades. Doubt and fear began to choked him and for a time kept him rooted to where he was. Though, doubt and fear would not hold him prisoner long. There was precious little time to make good with this escape. If he was to leave he needed to collect his wits and do it now. "No more procrastinating." Down the sleep hall the main clock chimed, announcing the high hour. He had a mere five hours to make good on his escape. The first task would be making it out of the Lair. Given the lateness of the night that shouldn't be to hard. The enforcers should be sparse and everyone else should be asleep. Oshmer set his ear to his door. Silence met him. It was now or never, so after a few calming breaths he opened the door...
Oshmer
This big guy was one of my hatchlings that never managed to find his forever home. The next step for him was exaltation, but he developed cold feet before he could be sent. Now he's out in Sornieth looking for that elusive happy life.

The Son of Wind
"I don't honestly know what's ahead of me, but I know I'd rather it then what is behind me."

Trained from birth to be a warrior intended to fight with the Windsinger's legions, Oshmer is a dangerous and deadly weapon. Though unfamiliar with the war amongst deities he is familiar with battle. A sword for hire, he has seen his fair share of fighting. Naturally, this lifestyle of aggression has of course helped harden his already stony heart. Most often one will find him brooding in a corner at some local tavern. His quite and moody demeanor can intimidate well before his skill with the sword can.

Contrary to his sour, anti-social behavior Oshmer is a good drake at heart. Though he may have done some questionable things in his life, he is as gentle as a kitten and honestly deplores fighting He will typically seek peaceful communication before aggression. Unfortunately, those that hire him don't usually share his morals. This life of a sell sword was never what he wanted, however, it was the only skill he possessed to help him survive the harsh realities of life beyond the borders of his home land.

One hundred years, from birth until now, Oshmer thought, I have been preparing for this day all my life. Why am I know happy? He addressed his reflection. Naturally, the mirror image of himself refused to answer back; as clueless to the answer as he was.

Oshmer snorted at the mirror, leaving it to pace the length of his room. In his mind the conflicting thoughts rattled on. "All this time," he muttered, "why do I hesitate now?" Did any of the other chosen question their fate? Did they doubt their worth as he did now?

Is it doubt, his mind questioned. Oshmer froze mid stride, listening intently to the words that bounced about his brain. Is it doubt? It questioned again. Or is it fear?
He growled the idea away as he resumed his tireless pace. "After so long and so much it is not fear that plagues my mind now," he told himself. No this was something else, but what? What could possibly make him second guess giving himself to the Windsinger? In that moment the answer finally presented itself and the epiphany that rattled his brain again made him take pause.

He was giving his life over to someone else. He was just handing his existence over to serve as the ultimate solider; doomed to experience hell over and over again. This was his fate, what he was chosen for. It was what he trained for all of his life. And it was what his soul was adamantly rejecting now.

The discovery of his answer melted his flesh and chilled his bones all at once. He didn't wish to live the rest of his existence as a tool whose soul purpose was to fight and die as fodder in someone elses game. His heart quickened, now that he understood the root of his trepidation he had to figure out what to do about it. What could he do about It?

He could stay and face his fate and live as a dreg for an impossibly long life, begging for it to end with each battle, or he could leave. Could he leave? It wasn't as if he could up and leave his sworn duty behind. Could He? The last question rattled his mind with an on slot of worries, wonders, and dares. He could leave. Run away and never look back, but what would happen to his family? His clan? Would they be ashamed of him? One might think the choice would be easy, but for Oshmer it was far from it. The idea that his beloved family would shun him was almost as painful as the notion of living as a someone elses tool. Almost.

No, his family and clan would forgive him. Even if they didn't he could not live in the shadow of their, or his, doubt. His mind settled on the fact he could not tolerate being sent to the Windsinger. Now the question was how to get away. It was a serious question, but it didn't dampen his excitement any.

Once the unknown lifted from his mind and he set himself on the path to freedom, Oshmer felt the excitement of adventure pulse through his veins. "How to get away," he asked "and what to take?" Oshmer took a long look around his room. Aside from him, it held nothing but a few bed sheets and decorations. All of his worldly possessions he gave over to the clan during the exalting celebration. He had nothing to take and nothing to leave behind.

"Right then," he said, than he stood there, staring at the room he had occupied for decades. Doubt and fear began to choked him and for a time kept him rooted to where he was. Though, doubt and fear would not hold him prisoner long. There was precious little time to make good with this escape. If he was to leave he needed to collect his wits and do it now. "No more procrastinating."

Down the sleep hall the main clock chimed, announcing the high hour. He had a mere five hours to make good on his escape. The first task would be making it out of the Lair. Given the lateness of the night that shouldn't be to hard. The enforcers should be sparse and everyone else should be asleep.

Oshmer set his ear to his door. Silence met him. It was now or never, so after a few calming breaths he opened the door...
buffer text
Coming
Soon
[center][i]Another multi choice game from Orick the Crazy Wildclaw, written for [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1833524/1#post_1833524]A Writer's Doors Game[/url].[/i][/center] ------- [center][size=5][color=#2d70dc][font=corbel]Lets Play a Game[/size][/color][/font] [i]An Orick Adventure[/i][/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32925660] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/329257/32925660_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol]“Every path, every decision, holds the potential to either grant you great riches or leave you with empty hands. Choose wisely.” [right][i]-Orick, The Crazy Wildclaw[/i][/right] [center][size=5][color=#2d70dc]Orick the Crazy Wildclaw is once again at his games of mischief and wonder. Will you follow him to adventure and be the hero he already knows you are?[/center][/size][/color][/columns] ------- [b]Notice[/b]: For this game you will need to choose a dragon to participate. Please link the dragon to your post as well as any responses required to move the game forward. Please be advised that [i][u]everything[/u][/i] you do will affect the story. From picking your path, making your choices, giving your responses, and even the dragon you pick will determine how you play and ultimately what you win (This includes the dragon!). There are four parts, make sure to read and meet each of the requirements if you would like to have an interesting game. Also, there is a chance for all players to win a dragon, so if you play please have room to accept them. ------- [center][b]Part One: Choose a Crystal[/b] [i]Requirements: Choose a dragon to play with and then a crystal from the table[/i][/center] The rain has created an opaque wall of grey that sheds pellets of semi frozen water to assault your eyes and soak through your fur. This sudden on slot of falling slush quickly becomes a discomfort and in desperation you search for any escape from the storm. You find it in a tin covered alleyway, which was rather congested with others who also sought refuge from the surprise downpour. It wasn’t the best of choices, but it was the closest dry spot. As you scoot yourself into the crowd you realize the other occupants of the narrow passageway all have their backs to you. Unmoving and captivated, it was as if the crowd was hypnotized by something further back in the alley. Slowly, and out of curiosity, you make your way through the dense crowd of drakes until you come across the most unusual sight. At the back of the alley you find a lone Wildclaw of brown and blue dancing erratically before a flimsy table cloaked by a tattered blanket. There were four round objects tucked underneath the draped cloth; each lined up neatly in a row. Now for some reason those small, round lumps hidden not so discreetly by the cover held your attention fast. There was a need, a strong desire, to know what they were. “We are waiting on but one more player, ladies and gentlemen. Bear with the wait a moment longer and we shall be on our way.” The Wildclaw spoke, drawing attention away from the curious lumps and to him. [i]Player?[/i] The question bounced about your mind, though there wasn’t enough time to ponder its meaning before the Wildclaw in the top hat did something that was most alarming. His carefree demeanor dropped straight off and was replaced by a humorless and intense gaze that settled onto the crowd; his deep blue eyes flooding with a wisdom that shouldn’t be possible for one so young. “Well now,” he said. It was at that point the host leveled his knowing eyes squarely on someone within the crowd. Of course you look for the object of his attention, but you are unable to find it before the show is moved on once again. “Everyone is here. Come forward my dear friends,” he embellishes his words with swings and swirls of his arms. “Come forward and let’s play a game.” He paused after that and the wisdom deep in his eyes washes away and is replaced with a sudden, and distressing, look of utter insanity. The Wildclaw once again goes about bouncing around behind his table, breaking his crazed look with crazy action. “Well come on then,” he beckons after a moment of no one moving. “Don’t be shy,” this time he settled his sights directly on you and the manic look behind his deep blue eyes changed to calm patients. “I know you are curious.” He waves a hand over the cloaked table top, indicating the objects that did indeed incite your curiosity. “I don’t bite,” he finishes in a very soft, fatherly tone. Though you hesitate at first you steel yourself and walk up to the table, surprisingly there are three others that join you. Each of you gives the other a quick look before you focus back on the host. “Well not much anyway,” he laughs as he returns to his wild dance. The crowd gathered behind you twitters with soft laughter. “Now then,” the Wildclaw once again tosses his arms out as his sporadic movement comes to an end. The crowed falls painfully silent as everyone waits for the next move. The drumming of the downpour against the frail tin cover fills your ears, though that is of little concern to anyone as all attention is focused solely on the table. The Wildclaw takes advantage of the building anticipation to tease the eager crowd before he finally yanks the old blanket off to expose four large round crystals. That was it, four unremarkable crystals. They weren’t even the type that held value. The disappointment was immediately evident as moans and jeers start coming after the crystals discovery. The Wildclaw rears back, scandalized by the jeers of a negative reaction. “What is this then?” “Stupid! That’s what it is!” A Ridgeback from the crowd called out. “We hung around for shiny baubles?” The Wildclaw snorted at the Ridgeback that towered over him. “My good fellow, these are no mere baubles.” With a hand he indicated the stones on the table. “Though I will admit they are shiny.” Again the crowd eased with laughter as the host went back to his foolish strutting about. He would stop abruptly and his maw formed an eerie sly grin that showed off his sharp teeth. “They are gateways if you will,” his soft words stifled the crowd, again bringing attention back to him. “They are a means in which to discover adventure and treasure beyond the wildest imagination.” He said, returning his eyes to those brave enough to stand before him. The crowd pushed in now, eager to see how those shiny baubles would lead to such fantastical things. “All you have to do is chose.” [center]All four crystals are round with a flat bottom and an elaborately faceted top. They look exactly the same with the exception of their color.[/center] [b]The White Crystal[/b]: It permeates the surrounding air with a bitter energy that nips at your fingers as you attempt to touch it. There is dominance, power deep within the crystal and the force of it challenges you. Do you face the challenge or submit to its dominance? [b]The Blue Crystal:[/b] The crystal throbs with a subtle light, which is so soft it goes unseen until you are right on top of it. With each of the faint pulses there comes a sorrow so strong that it threatens to send you into a state of hysterics. Do you confront the sadness or turn away from it? [b]The Pink Crystal:[/b] Compared to the others this crystal appears dull and upon close inspection you notice a small fissure marking its otherwise flawless surface. You also take note of the overwhelming loneliness emanating from it. It makes you shutter with a wave of depression. Do you brave the isolation or run back towards the crowd? [b]The Yellow Crystal:[/b] This crystal glows a brilliant golden light when you approach. It’s so strong that you must turn your head to avoid being blinded. The glow fills you with strength and a confidence that borders on arrogance. Do you brave it—of course you do! You can brave anything.
Another multi choice game from Orick the Crazy Wildclaw, written for A Writer's Doors Game.

Lets Play a Game
An Orick Adventure

32925660_350.png
“Every path, every decision, holds the potential to either grant you great riches or leave you with empty hands. Choose wisely.”
-Orick, The Crazy Wildclaw

Orick the Crazy Wildclaw is once again at his games of mischief and wonder. Will you follow him to adventure and be the hero he already knows you are?

Notice: For this game you will need to choose a dragon to participate. Please link the dragon to your post as well as any responses required to move the game forward. Please be advised that everything you do will affect the story. From picking your path, making your choices, giving your responses, and even the dragon you pick will determine how you play and ultimately what you win (This includes the dragon!). There are four parts, make sure to read and meet each of the requirements if you would like to have an interesting game. Also, there is a chance for all players to win a dragon, so if you play please have room to accept them.

Part One: Choose a Crystal
Requirements: Choose a dragon to play with and then a crystal from the table

The rain has created an opaque wall of grey that sheds pellets of semi frozen water to assault your eyes and soak through your fur. This sudden on slot of falling slush quickly becomes a discomfort and in desperation you search for any escape from the storm. You find it in a tin covered alleyway, which was rather congested with others who also sought refuge from the surprise downpour. It wasn’t the best of choices, but it was the closest dry spot. As you scoot yourself into the crowd you realize the other occupants of the narrow passageway all have their backs to you. Unmoving and captivated, it was as if the crowd was hypnotized by something further back in the alley. Slowly, and out of curiosity, you make your way through the dense crowd of drakes until you come across the most unusual sight.

At the back of the alley you find a lone Wildclaw of brown and blue dancing erratically before a flimsy table cloaked by a tattered blanket. There were four round objects tucked underneath the draped cloth; each lined up neatly in a row. Now for some reason those small, round lumps hidden not so discreetly by the cover held your attention fast. There was a need, a strong desire, to know what they were.

“We are waiting on but one more player, ladies and gentlemen. Bear with the wait a moment longer and we shall be on our way.” The Wildclaw spoke, drawing attention away from the curious lumps and to him. Player? The question bounced about your mind, though there wasn’t enough time to ponder its meaning before the Wildclaw in the top hat did something that was most alarming. His carefree demeanor dropped straight off and was replaced by a humorless and intense gaze that settled onto the crowd; his deep blue eyes flooding with a wisdom that shouldn’t be possible for one so young. “Well now,” he said. It was at that point the host leveled his knowing eyes squarely on someone within the crowd. Of course you look for the object of his attention, but you are unable to find it before the show is moved on once again. “Everyone is here. Come forward my dear friends,” he embellishes his words with swings and swirls of his arms. “Come forward and let’s play a game.” He paused after that and the wisdom deep in his eyes washes away and is replaced with a sudden, and distressing, look of utter insanity.

The Wildclaw once again goes about bouncing around behind his table, breaking his crazed look with crazy action. “Well come on then,” he beckons after a moment of no one moving. “Don’t be shy,” this time he settled his sights directly on you and the manic look behind his deep blue eyes changed to calm patients. “I know you are curious.” He waves a hand over the cloaked table top, indicating the objects that did indeed incite your curiosity. “I don’t bite,” he finishes in a very soft, fatherly tone.

Though you hesitate at first you steel yourself and walk up to the table, surprisingly there are three others that join you. Each of you gives the other a quick look before you focus back on the host. “Well not much anyway,” he laughs as he returns to his wild dance. The crowd gathered behind you twitters with soft laughter.

“Now then,” the Wildclaw once again tosses his arms out as his sporadic movement comes to an end. The crowed falls painfully silent as everyone waits for the next move. The drumming of the downpour against the frail tin cover fills your ears, though that is of little concern to anyone as all attention is focused solely on the table. The Wildclaw takes advantage of the building anticipation to tease the eager crowd before he finally yanks the old blanket off to expose four large round crystals. That was it, four unremarkable crystals. They weren’t even the type that held value. The disappointment was immediately evident as moans and jeers start coming after the crystals discovery.

The Wildclaw rears back, scandalized by the jeers of a negative reaction. “What is this then?”

“Stupid! That’s what it is!” A Ridgeback from the crowd called out. “We hung around for shiny baubles?”

The Wildclaw snorted at the Ridgeback that towered over him. “My good fellow, these are no mere baubles.” With a hand he indicated the stones on the table. “Though I will admit they are shiny.” Again the crowd eased with laughter as the host went back to his foolish strutting about. He would stop abruptly and his maw formed an eerie sly grin that showed off his sharp teeth. “They are gateways if you will,” his soft words stifled the crowd, again bringing attention back to him. “They are a means in which to discover adventure and treasure beyond the wildest imagination.” He said, returning his eyes to those brave enough to stand before him.

The crowd pushed in now, eager to see how those shiny baubles would lead to such fantastical things. “All you have to do is chose.”

All four crystals are round with a flat bottom and an elaborately faceted top. They look exactly the same with the exception of their color.

The White Crystal: It permeates the surrounding air with a bitter energy that nips at your fingers as you attempt to touch it. There is dominance, power deep within the crystal and the force of it challenges you. Do you face the challenge or submit to its dominance?

The Blue Crystal: The crystal throbs with a subtle light, which is so soft it goes unseen until you are right on top of it. With each of the faint pulses there comes a sorrow so strong that it threatens to send you into a state of hysterics. Do you confront the sadness or turn away from it?

The Pink Crystal: Compared to the others this crystal appears dull and upon close inspection you notice a small fissure marking its otherwise flawless surface. You also take note of the overwhelming loneliness emanating from it. It makes you shutter with a wave of depression. Do you brave the isolation or run back towards the crowd?

The Yellow Crystal: This crystal glows a brilliant golden light when you approach. It’s so strong that you must turn your head to avoid being blinded. The glow fills you with strength and a confidence that borders on arrogance. Do you brave it—of course you do! You can brave anything.

buffer text
Coming
Soon
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 22