Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Lore] Clarus Clan
1 2 3 4 5 6
@clarax
I have a question(s)
Why are people like Ivan Talisa and Foxglove part of the Guild of Roses? Are they considered artists? Even Ivan? Is it because every rose has its thorns?
@clarax
I have a question(s)
Why are people like Ivan Talisa and Foxglove part of the Guild of Roses? Are they considered artists? Even Ivan? Is it because every rose has its thorns?
OrOeLpE.png They/Them
a small storefront
Click the spiral to the left for current avatar
looking for 10/08 gen ones
@Crobbin Good question! :P

There's a two part answer. Firstly, I took the term artist at its loosest definition. I can imagine that necromancy, trap-making and trickery, and poison-brewing are a form of art. It takes practice and studying to perfect the art of their practice.

And secondly, I didn't know where else they'd best fit haha. XD But I do love your idea, with the roses having thorns. Not all artists make pretty paintings I guess. :P
If you have any idea I'd love to hear it! ^_^
@Crobbin Good question! :P

There's a two part answer. Firstly, I took the term artist at its loosest definition. I can imagine that necromancy, trap-making and trickery, and poison-brewing are a form of art. It takes practice and studying to perfect the art of their practice.

And secondly, I didn't know where else they'd best fit haha. XD But I do love your idea, with the roses having thorns. Not all artists make pretty paintings I guess. :P
If you have any idea I'd love to hear it! ^_^
1u3H6jas.png
@clarax (sorry if there are any typos in advance, I am on my tablet)

I agree with you that they are arts but not in the sense of it being a contemporary art like paintings or storytelling. I personally would still roll with the artist title but for the non contemporary artists I would make them part of the Guild of Thorns just to show they aren't the same type of artist but they are artists in their own rights

Do you get what I mean?
@clarax (sorry if there are any typos in advance, I am on my tablet)

I agree with you that they are arts but not in the sense of it being a contemporary art like paintings or storytelling. I personally would still roll with the artist title but for the non contemporary artists I would make them part of the Guild of Thorns just to show they aren't the same type of artist but they are artists in their own rights

Do you get what I mean?
OrOeLpE.png They/Them
a small storefront
@Crobbin Hmm, interesting thought! I originally wanted to have a group of mirror warriors, but that hasn't worked out yet. So it might work out better to have these other dragons in the Guild of Thorns instead of Roses. More of an defensive sort of warrior (raising the dead as warriors, making traps and tricking the enemy, creating poisons.... perfect!)

I like it! I'll have to work on that soon (I've spent all evening watching tv and movies, it doesn't seem like it's going to stop now. We just finished Aristocats, and now Scott put on Tenacious D, which I've never seen all the way through before :P) Thanks for all your advice :D!
@Crobbin Hmm, interesting thought! I originally wanted to have a group of mirror warriors, but that hasn't worked out yet. So it might work out better to have these other dragons in the Guild of Thorns instead of Roses. More of an defensive sort of warrior (raising the dead as warriors, making traps and tricking the enemy, creating poisons.... perfect!)

I like it! I'll have to work on that soon (I've spent all evening watching tv and movies, it doesn't seem like it's going to stop now. We just finished Aristocats, and now Scott put on Tenacious D, which I've never seen all the way through before :P) Thanks for all your advice :D!
1u3H6jas.png
@clarax

I didn't realize you already had a Guild of Thorns! I was on my tablet last night so I had a hard time looking at the thread. Maybe instead of the Guild of Thorns, you have the Guild of Bleeding Hearts to show "Yeah we are artists but our arts are mildly angsty" (plus bleeding hearts are pretty)
@clarax

I didn't realize you already had a Guild of Thorns! I was on my tablet last night so I had a hard time looking at the thread. Maybe instead of the Guild of Thorns, you have the Guild of Bleeding Hearts to show "Yeah we are artists but our arts are mildly angsty" (plus bleeding hearts are pretty)
OrOeLpE.png They/Them
a small storefront
@Crobbin No worries! I love the idea of a Guild of Bleeding Hearts. They're one of my favourite flowers (probably my favourite perennial!) They are so pretty. :D
@Crobbin No worries! I love the idea of a Guild of Bleeding Hearts. They're one of my favourite flowers (probably my favourite perennial!) They are so pretty. :D
1u3H6jas.png
I've posted the next chapter of the Hypnos Scandal! It's here on my blog. :)
I've posted the next chapter of the Hypnos Scandal! It's here on my blog. :)
1u3H6jas.png
@clarax

Finally getting around to saying how awesome I think this is! You've totally inspired me to work on my own lore thread. :D

I has questions, out of curiosity: What's the difference between the Council Majora and the Council Minora? Also, what led to the formation of the Pearl Council?

Also, would you be interested in an alliance between our clans?
@clarax

Finally getting around to saying how awesome I think this is! You've totally inspired me to work on my own lore thread. :D

I has questions, out of curiosity: What's the difference between the Council Majora and the Council Minora? Also, what led to the formation of the Pearl Council?

Also, would you be interested in an alliance between our clans?
MmSftql.png
@clarax

Just wanted to say how amazing this is!! It looks like you put a lot of work/effort in this and it looks superb, you inspired me on doing more writing for my clan :3
@clarax

Just wanted to say how amazing this is!! It looks like you put a lot of work/effort in this and it looks superb, you inspired me on doing more writing for my clan :3
pDNIp0S.png DUgrMOm.png BDdFoag.png
@clarax Everything you have looks absolutely lovely! How long do you think you've spent making all this lore?

On a side note: I'm a beginning lore/roleplay blog, and my first progen is a former Nature dragon raised as a Plague member- do you think we could do some sort of roleplay/incorporate some sort of history at some point? It definitely doesn't have to be anything major!
@clarax Everything you have looks absolutely lovely! How long do you think you've spent making all this lore?

On a side note: I'm a beginning lore/roleplay blog, and my first progen is a former Nature dragon raised as a Plague member- do you think we could do some sort of roleplay/incorporate some sort of history at some point? It definitely doesn't have to be anything major!
tngKCqs.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6