Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Remnants -A PinkyLocke- (Finished)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25
[center][u][b]Day 8: Home[/b][/u] Pinkerton Pull: [item=Unnatural Leg Bones] Sentence: Writing Pinglist: @kayswimmer, @Leopardmask, @MystriDragon, @Perelandria, @Cryptodraco[/center] The group had left soon after, but most were determined to go back for more information from that strange Ridgeback. Well, Ryth wasn't, but after being attacked relentlessly, no one could blame him. Morale wasn't great, and Eve was twitching even worse than before. He kept glancing around, looking for something, and when Ryth noticed, he was put on edge too. Luckily for them, nothing particularly interesting happened on their way back to their temporary setup along the coast. Silail did think he saw something following them, insisting the red eyes weren't any kind of joke. But ultimately, their group made it back unscathed, if a bit nervous. "So, who do you think she was?" Warpwing blurted out as soon as everyone was getting settled around a fire for the night. "A dragon?" Was Silail's immediate response, dismissing that she might be anything more than a fellow wanderer. "A fighter, definitely," Pae said, cutting over him, "She's too scary to those monsters to not be." "...A legend, only important dragons can drive so many off with just a shout," was Ryth's addition. The group remained in silence for a while after that, contemplating their neighbor. Ultimately, they returned to their routines, the dragon forgotten. For now.
Day 8: Home
Pinkerton Pull: Unnatural Leg Bones
Sentence: Writing
Pinglist: @kayswimmer, @Leopardmask, @MystriDragon, @Perelandria, @Cryptodraco

The group had left soon after, but most were determined to go back for more information from that strange Ridgeback. Well, Ryth wasn't, but after being attacked relentlessly, no one could blame him. Morale wasn't great, and Eve was twitching even worse than before. He kept glancing around, looking for something, and when Ryth noticed, he was put on edge too.

Luckily for them, nothing particularly interesting happened on their way back to their temporary setup along the coast. Silail did think he saw something following them, insisting the red eyes weren't any kind of joke. But ultimately, their group made it back unscathed, if a bit nervous.

"So, who do you think she was?" Warpwing blurted out as soon as everyone was getting settled around a fire for the night.

"A dragon?" Was Silail's immediate response, dismissing that she might be anything more than a fellow wanderer.

"A fighter, definitely," Pae said, cutting over him, "She's too scary to those monsters to not be."

"...A legend, only important dragons can drive so many off with just a shout," was Ryth's addition.

The group remained in silence for a while after that, contemplating their neighbor. Ultimately, they returned to their routines, the dragon forgotten. For now.
kUUhGXb.pngACY5hfY.png2hQyM5Y.png
[center][u][b]Days 9 and 10: Training[/b][/u] Pinkerton Pulls: [item=Craftsman Brightback] and [item=Scholar] Sentence: 20 to 30 Battles and Coin Flip Flip: Tails, No Death Streak Pinglist: @kayswimmer, @Leopardmask, @MystriDragon, @Perelandria, @Cryptodraco[/center] "No, like this Warp." Silail was remarkably patient with the Snapper. Him and Ryth had been trying to help her out, and to get Warpwind to be a bit less reliant on Vee all of the time. They were almost always together, so it was more of a backup, but there was always the question of what would happen if Vee got hurt. Warpwind needed to know how to protect herself before that could happen. They had been out in the Training Fields yesterday, but had moved onto the Woodland Path once Warp had begun to feel more confidant. Unfortunately, things were going slow enough that Silail had begun to get annoyed at the mistakes she was still making. "You've got to be ready to move when something's coming at you," he said, "Otherwise, you're almost always going to get hit." "I'm tryi-" Warpwind stopped mid-sentence, staring off into the distance. "We need to go, now." She whispered, before starting very carefully back to the coast. Ryth and Silail looked at each other, before they heard something. [i]*CRACK*[/i] Everyone ran, finding an series of shallow caves to hide in nearby. They jumped in just as a massive wave of monsters passed their hiding spot. No one moved. No one breathed. After what felt like an hour, the sound of the monsters faded, and the dragons emerged. That was a very close call.
Days 9 and 10: Training
Pinkerton Pulls: Craftsman Brightback and Scholar
Sentence: 20 to 30 Battles and Coin Flip
Flip: Tails, No Death Streak
Pinglist: @kayswimmer, @Leopardmask, @MystriDragon, @Perelandria, @Cryptodraco

"No, like this Warp." Silail was remarkably patient with the Snapper. Him and Ryth had been trying to help her out, and to get Warpwind to be a bit less reliant on Vee all of the time. They were almost always together, so it was more of a backup, but there was always the question of what would happen if Vee got hurt. Warpwind needed to know how to protect herself before that could happen.

They had been out in the Training Fields yesterday, but had moved onto the Woodland Path once Warp had begun to feel more confidant. Unfortunately, things were going slow enough that Silail had begun to get annoyed at the mistakes she was still making. "You've got to be ready to move when something's coming at you," he said, "Otherwise, you're almost always going to get hit."

"I'm tryi-" Warpwind stopped mid-sentence, staring off into the distance. "We need to go, now." She whispered, before starting very carefully back to the coast. Ryth and Silail looked at each other, before they heard something.

*CRACK*

Everyone ran, finding an series of shallow caves to hide in nearby. They jumped in just as a massive wave of monsters passed their hiding spot. No one moved. No one breathed.

After what felt like an hour, the sound of the monsters faded, and the dragons emerged. That was a very close call.
@Kyrinasha add me to the pinglist! and check out my art forum if you're interested ;) http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1709027
@Kyrinasha add me to the pinglist! and check out my art forum if you're interested ;) http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1709027
ho5M9.gif2IGO4.gifobKSC.gif
@SpaceSnake

eeeyyy I remember you, nice to see you being bugged reading again :P

Added!
@SpaceSnake

eeeyyy I remember you, nice to see you being bugged reading again :P

Added!
[center][u][b]Day 11: More Training[/b][/u] Pinkerton Pull: [item=Ermine] Sentence: 40-50 Battles in the Coliseum Pinglist: @kayswimmer, @Leopardmask, @MystriDragon, @Perelandria, @Cryptodraco, @SpaceSnake[/center] "Oh come on! It's not a joke Ryth, I swear," Silail called out, whipping another contuse at the Dryad they were fighting. He shook the potion at Ryth, who was hurting pretty badly, but the Guardian refused to take hit. The trio had been battling for a while, and everyone had taken a number of hits. "No, it's just going to dye my scales red!" Ryth yelled back, "I don't want to have t-" But before he finished his sentence, a Wildwood Owl launched itself at him, raking it's claws across his spine. Ryth screamed, falling down to the ground immediately. "RYTH!" Was all that could be heard, Pea and Silail screaming over each other. Silail rushed over to his friend, "Please Ryth no, oh Icewarden no..." He dumped the potion, along with all the others Pea had, down Ryth's throat, hoping desperately that he would be okay. After several minutes, Silail released the breath he didn't even know he was holding. Ryth had a pulse, he would survive. Barely, and with a scar, but alive. he shouted to Pea to get help. Ryth would need a lot of care in the coming days if he were to live more than a few more hours.
Day 11: More Training
Pinkerton Pull: Ermine
Sentence: 40-50 Battles in the Coliseum
Pinglist: @kayswimmer, @Leopardmask, @MystriDragon, @Perelandria, @Cryptodraco, @SpaceSnake

"Oh come on! It's not a joke Ryth, I swear," Silail called out, whipping another contuse at the Dryad they were fighting. He shook the potion at Ryth, who was hurting pretty badly, but the Guardian refused to take hit. The trio had been battling for a while, and everyone had taken a number of hits.

"No, it's just going to dye my scales red!" Ryth yelled back, "I don't want to have t-" But before he finished his sentence, a Wildwood Owl launched itself at him, raking it's claws across his spine. Ryth screamed, falling down to the ground immediately.

"RYTH!" Was all that could be heard, Pea and Silail screaming over each other.

Silail rushed over to his friend, "Please Ryth no, oh Icewarden no..." He dumped the potion, along with all the others Pea had, down Ryth's throat, hoping desperately that he would be okay.

After several minutes, Silail released the breath he didn't even know he was holding. Ryth had a pulse, he would survive. Barely, and with a scar, but alive. he shouted to Pea to get help. Ryth would need a lot of care in the coming days if he were to live more than a few more hours.
[center][u][b]Day 12: Wounds[/b][/u] Pinkerton Pull: [item=Fuiran] Sentence: Adopt a Dragon Roll: 5, Ridgeback (...thanks pinky) Pinglist: @kayswimmer, @Leopardmask, @MystriDragon, @Perelandria, @Cryptodraco, @SpaceSnake[/center] Pea was busy brewing potions, barely giving herself any time for a break as she combined ingredient after ingredient trying to help Ryth. Silail hadn't left his side, and Warpwind and Vee were constantly running back and forth from their camp to the woods to get Pea the plants she needed. Even with all their effort, Ryth's condition hadn't improved, and Eve had disappeared without a trace, although that was barely on anyone's radar. She wrestled with a jar of herbs that Vee had brought back from the clearing, far too large for her tiny claws. Pea chuckled, maybe they had belonged to that Ridgeback that had saved them. Quickly becoming serious again, the jar's lid burst off, revealing an odd mixture of dried herbs and twigs. A few of the plants she could recognize as local flora, but not all of them; several barely looked like plants at all. This might be the cure for helping Ryth, but Pea couldn't tell if it was potion or poison. Even the plants she could ideantify were a mixed bag. Black tulips and juneflower could be used as a strong healing agent, but the glowshrooms she saw were a mild hallucinogenic, as well as being toxic to several dragon species. The mystery plants were even worse, throwing her into frustration. Tossing the jar to the side, Pea went back to mixing the potions she was before, but her movements were jerky, less controlled. Whatever that jar was, it wasn't worth risking her friend's life. Her work, however, was interrupted by Warpwind calling for her. "I just, she just, how'd she find us?" Was what Warpwind was trying to say, although her words were a bit garbled. Behind the confused Snapper stood the Ridgeback, standing at her full height. She looked distant, but her eyes softened when she saw Pea. Turning to the Nocturne, she said, "Look, I know you're friend's hurt, don't ask how, and I think I can help." She started straight for Ryth, despite never being told where he was staying, muttering something about lost family. Realizing she hadn't introduced herself, she added, "And in case you're still wondering about my name, it's Zete. Now, lets get your friend help." The determined look on her face was something Pea hadn't seen before, so she guided the Ridgeback over to her injured friend.
Day 12: Wounds
Pinkerton Pull: Fuiran
Sentence: Adopt a Dragon
Roll: 5, Ridgeback (...thanks pinky)
Pinglist: @kayswimmer, @Leopardmask, @MystriDragon, @Perelandria, @Cryptodraco, @SpaceSnake

Pea was busy brewing potions, barely giving herself any time for a break as she combined ingredient after ingredient trying to help Ryth. Silail hadn't left his side, and Warpwind and Vee were constantly running back and forth from their camp to the woods to get Pea the plants she needed. Even with all their effort, Ryth's condition hadn't improved, and Eve had disappeared without a trace, although that was barely on anyone's radar.

She wrestled with a jar of herbs that Vee had brought back from the clearing, far too large for her tiny claws. Pea chuckled, maybe they had belonged to that Ridgeback that had saved them. Quickly becoming serious again, the jar's lid burst off, revealing an odd mixture of dried herbs and twigs. A few of the plants she could recognize as local flora, but not all of them; several barely looked like plants at all.

This might be the cure for helping Ryth, but Pea couldn't tell if it was potion or poison. Even the plants she could ideantify were a mixed bag. Black tulips and juneflower could be used as a strong healing agent, but the glowshrooms she saw were a mild hallucinogenic, as well as being toxic to several dragon species. The mystery plants were even worse, throwing her into frustration. Tossing the jar to the side, Pea went back to mixing the potions she was before, but her movements were jerky, less controlled. Whatever that jar was, it wasn't worth risking her friend's life. Her work, however, was interrupted by Warpwind calling for her.

"I just, she just, how'd she find us?" Was what Warpwind was trying to say, although her words were a bit garbled. Behind the confused Snapper stood the Ridgeback, standing at her full height. She looked distant, but her eyes softened when she saw Pea.

Turning to the Nocturne, she said, "Look, I know you're friend's hurt, don't ask how, and I think I can help." She started straight for Ryth, despite never being told where he was staying, muttering something about lost family. Realizing she hadn't introduced herself, she added, "And in case you're still wondering about my name, it's Zete. Now, lets get your friend help."

The determined look on her face was something Pea hadn't seen before, so she guided the Ridgeback over to her injured friend.
@Kyrinasha Yay for Zete!
@Kyrinasha Yay for Zete!
tumblr_ooxrbyz5Dw1w5t2t1o1_250.png
tumblr_o5jegpuEaR1v9fmlwo5_r1_250.png
@Perelandria

Heh, I really didn't expect her to become an official character so fast, but I guess pinky had other plans :P I was honestly worried that I would roll a ridgie on the first familiar pull

But still, yay, she'll have a chance to be happy :D
@Perelandria

Heh, I really didn't expect her to become an official character so fast, but I guess pinky had other plans :P I was honestly worried that I would roll a ridgie on the first familiar pull

But still, yay, she'll have a chance to be happy :D
@Kyrinasha
I'm glad she's back! And I'm glad she can be happy, maybe this time will work out better. I look forward to the next update. :)
@Kyrinasha
I'm glad she's back! And I'm glad she can be happy, maybe this time will work out better. I look forward to the next update. :)
tumblr_ooxrbyz5Dw1w5t2t1o1_250.png
tumblr_o5jegpuEaR1v9fmlwo5_r1_250.png
...Does this mean Zete's joining the group?
...Does this mean Zete's joining the group?
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25